Old 04-29-2009, 10:51 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 245/Ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Default New to Calorie Counting

Hello there everyone! As you can see from the thread title, I'm new to calorie counting. I've been around the forum for a while but haven't really said anything for a few months Sorry! I'd like to have a good reason for it but I don't. I kind of fell off the wagon, didn't really gain any weight back but didn't put much effort into losing it either

Anyway, my research has led me here and I'm hoping to stay here from now on, if you'll have me

Quick overview, I'm 26 years old, 5' 7'' and weighed 217lbs at the beginning of this week. I'm aiming for 1400 - 1600 calories a day, 1500 being my target. I've got a little book that I write all my calorie intake in, another little book with a list of foods and calories (though I use the info on food packets when I can), a set of kitchen scales and a calculator I'm trying to avoid processed foods, sugars and limit my intake of fat.

I have a lot of reasons for wanting to lose weight (health, appearance and two weddings coming up this year to name a few). I don't really get any support at home (just last night I'd finished dinner and was checking my calories for the day when my other half threw a packet of mini chedders in front of me...I'm sure you can all imagine the look I gave him ) but I know there's oceans of support on this site so I'm back and ready to go for it big time
Anti222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 11:07 AM   #2  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I used to write everything in a book, but with time it got tedious- now I use sparkpeople.com, they have virtually EVERY food on the planet in there and you can add custom foods if you want. I find it makes it easier to keep up with calorie counting.

I weigh a few pounds less than you and my calorie range is 1400-1700 a day. If you are going to work out, I think you should be aiming for 1600+ calories a day. I know it sounds nuts, eat more to lose weight? But if you are working out and not eating enough you won't lose either

Last edited by beerab; 04-29-2009 at 11:08 AM.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 01:53 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti222 View Post
Hello there everyone! As you can see from the thread title, I'm new to calorie counting. I've been around the forum for a while but haven't really said anything for a few months Sorry! I'd like to have a good reason for it but I don't. I kind of fell off the wagon, didn't really gain any weight back but didn't put much effort into losing it either

Anyway, my research has led me here and I'm hoping to stay here from now on, if you'll have me

Quick overview, I'm 26 years old, 5' 7'' and weighed 217lbs at the beginning of this week. I'm aiming for 1400 - 1600 calories a day, 1500 being my target. I've got a little book that I write all my calorie intake in, another little book with a list of foods and calories (though I use the info on food packets when I can), a set of kitchen scales and a calculator I'm trying to avoid processed foods, sugars and limit my intake of fat.

I have a lot of reasons for wanting to lose weight (health, appearance and two weddings coming up this year to name a few). I don't really get any support at home (just last night I'd finished dinner and was checking my calories for the day when my other half threw a packet of mini chedders in front of me...I'm sure you can all imagine the look I gave him ) but I know there's oceans of support on this site so I'm back and ready to go for it big time

Welcome! Calorie counting is lots of fun! Cant wait to hear more from you. Be active, it helps with the support! ( IMO )
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote