Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 04-29-2009, 05:43 AM   #1  
~one cool chickie~

S/C/G: 250/245/135

Height: 5'8"

Question New here, questions on elliptical and exercise in general

Hiya girls! I have just gotten a manual elliptical, and really have not exercised at all in a while. So I was wondering what is a good starting point for a beginner. Its in the living room so I plan on popping in a show to try to take my focus off of my gasping for air, and last a bit longer. Do you go more by time when you first start, is it better to go backwards or forwards or alternate? And yes I have turned the resistance all the way down lol... I'll be doing good just to stay on the darn thing. Any advice is welcome!

And on exercise in general...I'm kinda leary about it, because a few months ago I got some aerobic dvds, did them faithfully every day for over a month and despite eating right and all that jazz, I didn't move an inch or a pound. So I pretty much got discouraged and quit (I know, I know, I shouldn't have but I did) But I heard the elliptical is fun and easy on the back, so I wanna give this a good go. Have u guys had the same experience when you were first starting, and a few stories of success or encouragement would be awesome :hint hint:

Last edited by honeybear; 04-29-2009 at 05:43 AM.
honeybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 07:42 AM   #2  
Fat bride-Thin bride

S/C/G: 172/149/140

Height: 5ft4

hey honeybear, the trainer at my gym suggested 2 minutes forwards and then 2 minutes backwards i started on 8 minutes all to gether and now am on 20 minutes altogether, so see how it goes!
PrincessLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 07:46 PM   #3  
Ready for final round!

S/C/G: 217/189/168

Height: 5'3

I think its a great machine! I love working out on it. I feel results. Which I dont typically feel with the treadmill. I believe it really works the muscles in your legs.
HeatherEljohari is offline   Reply With Quote