Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-28-2009, 10:46 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 204/121/118

Height: 5'2

Default Hi from a newcomer

Hello, everyone! i've been kinda chunky child - the way i saw myself, which was actually just puppy fat. i turned my life completely around and got thin and fit when i went to college and was able to maintain my nice body until i get married. i'm thinking, i was about 130 before i got married. and then i got pregnant and when i got out of the hospital with my baby son, i weighted around 186 pounds. i'm just a couple of pounds under 200pounds by now (i'm 25years old, btw) and it's been only 2.5 years since then. it is really hard on me. nothing fits, i feel like i'm starting to have medical problems, i dont have energy to chase my son around etc
so a couple of weeks ago i just couldn't stand it anymore and i started my journey back. i try to eat balanced food, i dont use any crash diet or any diet plan at all, because i know i will gain as many pounds as i'd lose and they would also bring some of their friends along as soon as i get off the diet.
i exercise 30 minutes every day - it's a 30day shred DVD by Jillian Michaels. i know it's not enough but i started out 2 weeks ago with only 8 minutes. it's all i could do - just silly 8 minutes! so i'm pretty proud of myself right now, it's a tiny little victory - to be able to do what the dvd wants from me

so i'm hoping to find support, new friends and all those inspiring stories from those who've done it!
ps sorry for the long story
getlost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 11:36 PM   #2  
Right foot, left foot ...

S/C/G: 285.4/262/170

Height: 5'11"

Welcome!

And good for you for getting back on track. Eight minutes is not "just silly" eight minutes. It's hopefully the start of 10, 20 and then kicking butt all through the 30 minute shred.

You should be proud of getting up and moving because it's not always easy to feel motivated at first when the moving can be a little tough.
chickiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 12:23 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 271/268/175

Height: 5'8"

Congratulations on starting your journey to healthy! This site is an awesome source of motivation, inspiration and support! Ask questions, post a lot and you will get a lot of support. Looking forward to seeing you around the forums.

My son is starting to run around too and I'm glad I started getting healthy because he's hard enough to chase now, much less 28 pounds ago! You can do it.
shrinkingleah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 08:21 AM   #4  

thanks so much, ladies! it means a lot to me! i can do the whole 30DS and i do it every day after work and i try to walk wherever i can. i'm going to the store and i need to pay some bills, so i'm going to WALK everywhere. i'm so excited about it, really! good luck to you 2
Old 04-29-2009, 08:54 AM   #5  
Fat bride-Thin bride

S/C/G: 172/149/140

Height: 5ft4

well done you and good luck
nice avatar pic!!! Swayer yummy!
PrincessLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:53 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessLJ View Post
well done you and good luck
nice avatar pic!!! Swayer yummy!
thanks!!! i made it myself
Old 04-29-2009, 10:29 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Welcome to 3FC!

We're glad you're here. Please make yourself at home. If there is anything we can help you find, just ask.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:37 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 273/ticker/140

Height: 5'4

good luck cant wait to read about your success!
bitetoobreakkskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 02:55 PM   #9  
No description available.

Welcome to 3FC!! Surf around and settle in! We have forums based on age, eating plan, exercise and more! I'm glad you're here!

Congrats on your loss and your exercise success! Check out the 20 something forum!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote