Weight Loss Support - Do you have a "target outfit"?

View Full Version : Do you have a "target outfit"?

kiramira
04-28-2009, 07:46 PM
Hi all!
There is a thread on 3FC about those of us who have a piece of clothing to "remember" when we were larger.
Which got me to thinking --
Does anyone here have a target outfit? Something they want to fit back into? Or something they have bought with the hopes of fitting into? Or a piece of "dream clothing" that they WILL buy when they reach their goal?
Kira

Jassica
04-28-2009, 07:58 PM
Basically my target outfits are all the clothes i was able to fit into a year ago.

Peep Smith
04-28-2009, 08:02 PM
Oh, I so have a target outfit. Loose (yes, loose) blue jeans with a white blouse tucked in (yes, tucked in, not flapping and fooling no one), sandals, and a straw purse. Going to drive up to Point Reyes Station, go to the Station House Cafe, have myself a salad, and then walk in all my glory down Kehoe Beach.

Operator265
04-28-2009, 08:03 PM
It's not a "final target" outfit, but, I did buy a Size 12 dress that I just had to have. I'm nearly there. And I have a sewing machine so once I get lower I can tailor my clothes.

chickiegirl
04-28-2009, 08:21 PM
Old, faded size 34 jeans I wore when I was thin and maybe an awesome stripped XL Bitten sweater I have hanging in my closet. The jeans are men's GAP jeans and I LOVE THEM!

Rowenna
04-28-2009, 08:29 PM
This (http://www2.victoriassecret.com/commerce/onlineProductDisplay.vs?namespace=productDisplay&origin=onlineProductDisplay.jsp&event=display&prnbr=CN-235442&cgname=OSSWMDESBEC&atb=B) swimsuit. I am in love with it, and as soon as I have the stomach (and guts) to wear it in public, I will buy it!

Peep Smith
04-28-2009, 08:45 PM
Now that's some swimsuit! How classic it is, and how sexy.

Friday
04-28-2009, 08:55 PM
i was not paying attention one day.. and at good will found this good jeans , i was in a hurry and tag said 15/16. Got them home. and Man.. they are small.
Looked it up and apparently its actually like a size 10! so i keep those jeans hanging in my walk in closet where i can see them!
I want to fit into those jeans!
lol :)

SweetScrumptious
04-28-2009, 09:09 PM
I have some clothes that are a size too small for me. They are not necessarily a "target outfit" since I have a far bit more to go, but they act as a motivation piece. Once I fit into those clothes, I think I will keep buying smaller sizes to keep me going.

bindersbee
04-28-2009, 09:20 PM
Yes and no. I bought a skirt on clearance about 5 years ago with the intention of getting into it. It was only 2 sizes lower than I was at the time but dog dang- it's taken me a very long time to finally fit into it. The good news is that it FITS.

I have a series of 'dream outfits' or whatever you want to call them. The first goal I have technically obtained but not quite. My first goal was to get down into a size 16 so I can buy clothes in the REGULAR SIZES dept. again. Farewell 'Women's' section. I went to a store last week that has both regular and womens' departments and discovered I am smack in between. The stuff in Womens is too big and the stuff in the regular department is still too snug. I'll go again when I get off another 6-7 lbs. and see if that does it.

I haven't thought too much about getting lower than that though. Too overwhelming for me. I have to take this one day at a time.

ringmaster
04-28-2009, 09:24 PM
I have a few pairs of size 10 capris I bought last summer at the Express on clearance thinking I'd fit into them this year... still a goal with a few months left.

migotokokoro
04-28-2009, 10:00 PM
There are some neon blue skinny jeans at the mall that I really like... O_O I want to fit into those!

ICUwishing
04-28-2009, 10:08 PM
Well, yes, there's a fantasy dress that I wore as a bridesmaid at my friend's wedding back in 1993. It's black crepe, and was fitted like a glove. It was the last time I looked in a mirror and went, "whoa - hot!" It's in the back of my closet. I don't know what's possible yet - I had a 26 inch waist back then.

hcred123
04-28-2009, 10:32 PM
I've always wanted to wear a long sleeve red blouse with a flowy white mini skirt...haha kinda specific but oh well :-) I also have a pretty blue dress that I bought with the hope of some day fitting in to!

hotnewspirits
04-28-2009, 11:10 PM
I bought a dress online that was on super sale and was cute, but it was nonreturnable due to being clearance and I was optimistic and bought a Medium, but it's a little too tight in the boobs. I MAY be able to get away with wearing it with a cute little black cardigan or bolero but I'm holding out on wearing it at all until it really fits and I don't have to worry about my twins getting all squished haha.

rasta4life
04-29-2009, 12:06 AM
My target outfit is simple. I just want to wear a pair of shorts outside my house. I think the last time I wore shorts outside of my house was ,maybe 15-20 years ago.

x0me880x
04-29-2009, 12:53 AM
I feel as though if I where to get a "target outfit" I would get too frustrated at how long it takes to get into it. Or if I get to my target weight, and it doesnt look good, it might be hard for me to not see it as failure. And I know it's not. So just any time I go to the store and am in a smaller size, is good enough for me :D

Fox
04-29-2009, 01:10 AM
I don't have an ultimate goal outfit but I do have a mid-way outfit. I bought a darling strapless sundress about a month ago that's a size 12 (I'm currently a 14) and my mini goal is to be able to wear it this summer. Beyond that though who knows, I'm sure I'll find something though!

bobblefrog
04-29-2009, 01:12 AM
Peep - I love that story - you must take photos and post them of that day!

Rowenna - that bathing suit is classy! And you are almost there?!

My target outfit I wore 4 years ago when I met my BF. It's a pair of black velvet hiphuggers and a tight fitting hippy shirt with flowing sleeves. I also have some cool jackets (thrift store finds). And a few favorites I kept from that time. The funny thing is about a month before I committed to this diet? I threw away all my skinny clothes! I had a suitcase of sweet miniskirts and such, and I figured I was kidding myself. Time to stop lugging it around. Even got rid of some great boots.

Ah well - the thing I've learned about thrift stores is that there are ALWAYS cute things to be had in the skinny sizes. I just get to start all over!

Windchime
04-29-2009, 01:19 AM
Right now my target outfit is a pair of Levis that I used to wear. I felt so cute and sexy in those; they're size 16 but they are a slim-fitting, low-slung 16 and I can't wait till I can wear them again. I can get them on and zipped (thanks to the magic of stretch denim), but they are obscenely tight so I've got 10 or 15 pounds to go before I can wear them.

I suppose in order for it to be an outfit, I should figure out something for the top part so I don't get arrested!!!

My ultimate goal is to be able to buy clothes because I like them, not because they fit and I can get them around the girls. And I want cute bras. Lots and lots of cute bras.

PrincessLJ
04-29-2009, 08:06 AM
My wedding dress! the ultimate target outfit

Rowenna
04-29-2009, 08:15 AM
My wedding dress! the ultimate target outfit

Ah! This is for me too, except it's my Mom's wedding dress I want to fit into. I think I could probably fit into it now (it's sealed up air-tight until I actually need it) but I want to look great in it!

And Bobblefrog, you're right, I am very close to my goal, but it takes a really great stomach to pull off that suit, and I hold my "last ten pounds" ALL in a spare tire around my waistline. It doesn't help that I have a very short torso either. But I am certainly getting close!! Maybe the suit will even be on clearance by the time I get there! :carrot:

PrincessLJ
04-29-2009, 09:03 AM
Ah! This is for me too, except it's my Mom's wedding dress I want to fit into. I think I could probably fit into it now (it's sealed up air-tight until I actually need it) but I want to look great in it!

that is so lovely that it was your mothers! i am sure you will look amazing! :D when is your big day?

Mrs Snark
04-29-2009, 09:12 AM
I have a pair of Guess jeans I wore in college that is my target. I don't care that they are high-waisted and cropped and therefore terribly out of style (college was 20 years ago). I'm gonna wear those suckers proudly.

PrincessLJ
04-29-2009, 09:22 AM
I have a pair of Guess jeans I wore in college that is my target. I don't care that they are high-waisted and cropped and therefore terribly out of style (college was 20 years ago). I'm gonna wear those suckers proudly.

you go for it girlie!!! you'll look so hot, you'll bring them back in style!! :D

LittleMoonRabbit
04-29-2009, 10:17 AM
A bikini... I have never worn one. I am tired of being the only girl in my group of friends wearing a one piece with a wrap. I want to be able to lay out on the beach and NOT feel self conscious for once.

bobblefrog
04-29-2009, 10:33 AM
Wedding dresses, lovely - that's definite motivation! Do post your success? I despair that a bikini is not in my future, but I hold out hope (I had my appendix out in fifth grade and the incision left me without nerve feelings and with a roll down there). Even thin I had have a bubble. THAT SAID. This time I'm working out. So maybe I can do it...who knows? But I will be happy whatever this time! One success story was a lovely lady who popped herself in a retro style rockabilly suit I just LOVED. I want to just feel comfortable in a bathing suit - GRIN!

sweetandspicy
04-29-2009, 10:33 AM
All of my summer clothes I wore 2 years ago before i was pregnant (for the 6th time) i can wear some of the shirt but the capris and skirts are still a no. I think with 20 more pounds I can do it. 10 if all the pounds would come off my hips...Wish I could tell the pounds exactly where to loose first. Also I have a pair of jeans that I bought right before I got pregnant and I have never wore them. Hopefully by this fall they will be too big....

freshmanweightorbust
04-29-2009, 10:44 AM
My goal for the time being is to fit back into all the cute t-shirts I had when I first started my current job five+ years ago. They were all size L and XL and now I'm just barely able to get back into 2X, having been 3X for the last two years. I would also like to be able to find a pretty dress at a regular store (i.e. not have to desperately search online or at Lane Giant) for my company Christmas party this year. I'm on track to be within five or ten pounds of Onederland by the time that rolls around, so that should be a lot easier.

It's only been in the last few months that I've found myself really comfortable wearing colors instead of just black all the time.

fatmad
04-29-2009, 10:45 AM
I have a red dress back when i was a size 10, weighed about 140, and thats my target weight right now, I would love to wear it well again.
I felt lovely in it, it was my first "designer" dress, got it at discount. It has come back into style, and I would like to wear it at Christmas.....

rocketbunny
04-29-2009, 01:07 PM
My high school prom dress is still hanging in my closet (12 years ago). It's a size 11/12, classic black sheath, empire waist. I can currently fit into some size 12 pants, but even the last time I weighed 160, I couldn't zip up that dress.

I would love love love to wear it to my BF's company holiday party at the end of this year.

jennsreadytolose
04-29-2009, 01:27 PM
I definitely do. I am going to Orlando in June and I wanna wear one outfit I have had in mind since winter. One of the white dresses that are flow-y and kind of like gauze lol (don't know what material that is) a little shorter than knee length and a pair of cowboy boots. I want dye my hair blonde and have it wavy that day. A headband and lite accessories, I have definitely put thought into my dream outfit lol.

kiramira
04-29-2009, 05:28 PM
I have a FAB black tuxedo suit that I bought in Europe YEARS ago. I have no idea if it is still in fashion, because to ME it looks like a classic style. I want to get into it at Christmas...but I'll post a photo before I go out in public to make sure it isn't too out of style...
Kira

vouge09
04-29-2009, 05:41 PM
I have a pair of skinny jeans that I keep wearing, and though I can button them, my badonkadonk is way to big for them and my huge thighs make my feet look tiny. I want to HAVE to wear a belt with those jeans

Rowenna
04-29-2009, 05:57 PM
that is so lovely that it was your mothers! i am sure you will look amazing! :D when is your big day?

I have wanted to wear my mother's wedding dress since I was little - it is gorgeous, with a huge train and an enormous veil my mother made herself. Only problem has been, my mom is teeny-tiny, has never weighed over 105 pounds, and was probably less than that at her wedding. I might need to have the dress altered, but our builds are similar enough that I think it will fit very nicely when I, too, am at 105!

Unfortunately, I won't get to find out for a long time! I wish I could get married today, but we are waiting until I am done with school, and until my boyfriend has a better job. Hopefully in a year or two, though. Which means I'll have plenty of time for maintenance and toning/shaping my body! :strong:

Congrats on your wedding, when is it and what does your dress look like??

mayness
04-29-2009, 06:50 PM
I accidentally bought a friend two Christmas gifts last year, and decided to keep one for myself -- a shirt that is far too small for me right now. It's from PHD comics and says "Graduate School - More fun than a real job." I think it's a small or medium and it's TINY and looks like it will fit perfectly at my goal weight. Also, this means I need to lose the weight soon, because I'll only be in graduate school for 4 (or 5 or 6) more years, and I want to get some use out of the shirt!

I also want to be able to wear this shirt (http://www2.victoriassecret.com/commerce/onlineProductDisplay.vs?namespace=productDisplay&origin=onlineProductDisplay.jsp&event=display&prnbr=CN-236888&page=1&cgname=OSCLOTOPUDR&rfnbr=6160) from Victoria's Secret, but by the time I'm at goal weight I'll have no boobs left, so this will have to wait until I buy some new ones. ;)

Lovely91
04-29-2009, 07:04 PM
my mother's wedding dress, she was a size 8 I guess!!

vouge09
04-29-2009, 10:21 PM
Also I never went to my prom and I always wanted a huge beautiful poofy dress. I might buy one just to buy.

tarryn
04-29-2009, 10:28 PM
Its not a goal outfit that i own...buuuutt

I just want to wear some short denim shorts and a plain black singlet and run around and sit down and cross my legs without being uncomfortable and embaressed that everything is hanging out!!! arrghh!

Rowenna
04-29-2009, 10:45 PM
my mother's wedding dress, she was a size 8 I guess!!

I'm so glad I'm not the only one out there who wants to wear her mother's dress! A lot of people say their Moms had hideous dresses, and my sister refuses to wear my mom's, but I love it! Plus, it's free!

Are you getting married soon, or just looking forward to it in the future at some point?

teawithsunshine
04-30-2009, 02:20 AM
My dream's been to buy an outfit from Banana Republic... I've been slowly saving money for just that-- my "thin" outfit for when I hit my target goal weight :cool:

Satria
04-30-2009, 09:10 AM
I have a shirt that my mom bought me for Christmas last year - but she accidentally bought the XL in the teens size instead of the Womans. So I'd like to at least put it on some day :lol:

I'd love to wear a bikini but I don't know if it's kosher for a 30yo married church woman to strut around in some tiny little thing ;) but if it fits, I just might have to :lol:

Fat Pants
04-30-2009, 09:35 AM
I have a little black dress that I wore when my husband and I had our first valentine's day together... 5 years and 60 lbs ago! I still have the dress and I would love to wear it to my company's Christmas party this year.

TJFitnessDiva
04-30-2009, 10:02 AM
While I was shopping around at a consignment store I stumbled onto a pair of size 8 New York & company jeans that looked like a pair I used to have so I bought them & they have been hanging on to the front of my closet door.....I see them every morning & can not wait to take them off the door to slide them on! I want to pair them with a white tank top & flip flops :)

bronte155
04-30-2009, 10:32 AM
I have a blue sundress from Ann Taylor Loft that will fit great once I lose another 5-10 pounds! I love blue and I love sundresses, so it's a great motivator whenever I see it in my closet. :)

TamiL
04-30-2009, 12:40 PM
When I was younger I always wore big Tshirts because I have large breasts. I was embarrassed and people always asked me if I was pregnant. Now that I am in my 40's and don't really give a crap about what people think, I am gonna wear a tight fitting T as soon as my belly goes down a bit more. Age is a liberating thing!

xpinkglowx2
04-30-2009, 12:50 PM
the smallest size i can remember being is a size 9. (in my adult life of course) i want to be a nine again. i dont want to search the store for the biggest pair of jeans only to find out they dont come in "long" and now i cant buy them. (im really tall) also...i have this skirt that i wore 2 and a half years ago. and i want to wear it again! currently it buttons, but my butt is still WAY too big, and i pretty much hang out of it.. lol

greengrass
04-30-2009, 12:53 PM
I cannot wait until I am completely out of the plus size department! Almost there!:)

stillclock
04-30-2009, 01:41 PM
sort of.

i have clothes in various sizes that i have refused to throw out over the years.

when i reach my goal weight though i won;t have anything that actually fits. but then again, i should be able to shop in most "regular" stores when that happens.

i have to be careful about that though, because i am a woman now, not a teenager. i think it's unlikely that even at my goal weight and very healthy/fit american eagle and the like are going to flatter me.

argh.

but in answer to your original question, i am really looking forward to DRESSES! pretty, womanly DRESSES!

isolde

prepping
04-30-2009, 02:04 PM
Oh goal clothing... I dream of them every day! :D

1) tight white tanktop (mayness, i REALLY liked the one you had linked!) with a short denim skirt for my bachelorette in June at a country bar! :D I want to have my legs in condition to show off and no lovehandles sticking out!

2) short shorts!

westtexaschick
05-01-2009, 10:45 PM
But I do want to wear my clothes without "messing" with them: pulling, tugging, arranging, pulling over hips, etc. Just to wear clothes and feel like a second skin. Not tight, just well-fitting.

katsb
05-02-2009, 12:21 AM
I bought a vintage dress that's and (old) size 20 and it looks like a 16 in today's sizes. I really want to be able to fit into it have have it fit smoothly since it doesn't have much stretch.

Delphi
05-02-2009, 12:28 AM
Mine is simply a pair of jeans and a cute navy blue, fitted blouse.

Windchime
05-02-2009, 01:21 AM
My dream's been to buy an outfit from Banana Republic... I've been slowly saving money for just that-- my "thin" outfit for when I hit my target goal weight :cool:

I've never even been inside a Banana Republic store. I used to know a girl in another online group who would shop there and she would describe all the lovely things she bought in Banana Republic. I always assumed they would have nothing that fit me, so I've not been. But maybe I'll go there when I get slim!

DeltaT
05-02-2009, 01:32 AM
I want to be able to fit in an Abercrombie & Fitch size 8 or an Express 6... AF seems to run a bit big, so I am shooting for an 8. it is the only store that I am still stuck in 11/12 land... everywhere else is 9/10 or lower.

GirlyGirl
05-02-2009, 01:51 AM
I have a sexy red dress in a size 6 from years ago. I can't wait to wear it again!

mizmizzy
05-02-2009, 06:22 PM
Yes I just bought a new pair of work pants they are a high quality material black with very subtle pinstripes. Only thing is I cant get them to zip up or button shut. So its a good thing most of my shirts and sweaters are Supppper long! I will have to wear these unbuttoned for now and covered up by the long sweater! but my goal is to fit into them comfortably within a few months and than some!

Oh and also I want to get down to a certain notch on my belt buckle that I was at 2 summers ago =)

SweetCurves32
05-02-2009, 09:25 PM
I have this really cool dress that I found for two dollars at a local thrift shop. It is brown and sleeveless, it comes just to the knee with a cream satin sash that ties around the middle, and mesh that peeks out at the bottom. It reminds me of something from the fifties. :carrot: It is so fun. I love it. It is a size 13.

Spooky
05-02-2009, 09:41 PM
There's a 'sexy' minnie mouse costume I want to wear for halloween. It only comes in two sizes, the larger of which goes to a size 16. My goal is to fit it and not look ridiculous by then.

Teacher2B
05-02-2009, 11:24 PM
Jeans:) I have some navy blue pants that are very tight now, a pair of jeans thta is also extremely tight, and another in which I do not fit.

PinkyPie
05-03-2009, 05:20 AM
I have boxes of clothes (and shoes) that I can not wear right now. Lots of classic pieces (black A-Line skirts, black pants) and cute tees/blouses and a pair of jeans (european size 40 which I believe is an American 10/UK 12) that were my absolute favourite 5 - 6 years ago.

I'm just going for wearing those clothes for now - it's going to freak people out who only know me fat and only wearing jeans to see me in skirts and dresses and heels again!! After that novelty has worn off, then I'll start shopping again :)

Jacque9999
05-03-2009, 06:56 AM
My favorite pair of Lucky You jeans. Actually back in the days when I could fit in them, I wore them so much that now they are pretty worn out. Maybe when I do fit in them, I'll go buy a brand new pair.

TheBabies
05-03-2009, 09:43 AM
I don't have a goal outfit but I am SO looking forward to shopping in a regular store. I had a second interview for a job and was freaking out that I'd have to go shopping. I looked in my spare closet and found an outfit I bought over 10 years ago that I haven't fit into since, the top is a size 14 and the skirt is a 14/16 :carrot:. I think that in another 10-20 lbs I'll be out of the womens department. It's been so long that I don't even know what sizes are "over there"...

jamiec0926
05-29-2009, 10:11 PM
Rowenna---absolutely love the swimsuit!!!!! Beautiful and sexy!!!!

jamiec0926
05-29-2009, 10:19 PM
I haven't bought an outfit but every time I go window shopping I always see great outfits that I would love to wear.....great jeans and a shirt actually tucked in.....a beautiful, soft, colorful, flowing dress with a great pair of heels....some beautiful "underthings" from Victoria's secret!!!!!