General chatter - But BABE...the GAME was on....

View Full Version : But BABE...the GAME was on....

EZMONEY
04-28-2009, 05:58 PM
NOTE ~ :love: ANGIE :love: is fine.

I spent most of last evening in the emergency ward of the hospital.

I got home from work and was surprised to see Angie's car in the garage, thought she had :yoga: yoga.

As I grabbed a beer I asked her "What's up?"....she just says she wasn't feeling well. She does have acid reflux and allergies that will flare up from time to time, I assume it is one of those and begin to post on 3FC after checking my e-mail and stuff.

I visit with her as she sits behind me in one of the recliners and chit-chat about me getting her some chicken noodle soup out of the garage if she wants, etc.

Nah she says....I think I may have you take me to emergency....this she tells me as I was almost finished with my second beer....:yikes:

Seems she was having symptoms of a :val1: heart attack...had checked symptoms out online...a history of it in her family....heart issues.

I'm like..".what the heck....why didn't you wait until I drank a 6-pack...what's the matter with you woman!" :mad:

She says..."it's the denial thing" as I am running around the house, closing up and she is getting the dogs their dinner...I am throwing off my dirty drywall clothes around the house as I "calmly ;)"...tell her "I'm gonna kill you!" for waiting on this :mad:

Being a woman of course, she is telling me how this can't be happening to her, she eats right, exercises...:blah::blah::blah:

Now the emergency ward is about 12 miles from our house....giving me time to tell her if she goes down in the car I'll pull over and give CPR a shot and mouth to mouth...but I will do it "french"....she just :lol:

I do know how to cheer :cheer3: her up ;)

Leaving out all the boring details.....they rush her back...run an ekg on her then bring her to me in the waiting room. She tries to tell me what was going on and it may be a while....I tell her no problem :love: babe :love: the LAKERS come on in an hour....much easier sitting through this with a big screen HD TV :carrot: with sports on one wall and another TV showing Nemo on another wall...where all the kids are at ;)

Nurse comes over to us and says..."The ekg is not normal...we are getting you a room".....a few minutes later they take her back....settling in for what looks like a looooong evening...I find a good position and seat for the game....actually spend a few minutes chatting with a kid that had taken an elbow to his head :stars: in a basketball game....needed stitches and I find out he is a good friend of my nephew (married to my niece) and they both graduated from the fire academy together last week...I knew, of course my nephew had.....anyway....the game was coming on....got my coffee from the cafeteria....ready to roll.....

A few minutes later a nurse comes out and says "Mr.....?" and I say yep...she says "are the LAKERS on?"...I say "not yet"....she says...."well, your wife says to tell you that you can come back if the LAKER game isn't on....he won't want to if it is"

Are you kidding me?....what did she think I would do? :shrug:

I sent the next 4 hours in an uncomfortable chair...no TV... with my wife in a hospital bed next to me.

Which gave me time to get the guts up to ask her, if she was a goner, would it be all right to hook-up with the blonde gal that was hitting on me in the waiting room?....she says what gal....I describe her...:love: ANGIE :love: says..."you idiot :twirly: She wasn't hitting on you... she is the hospital ambassador....she has to be nice to you!"

After several tests they ruled out a heart attack :)

I missed the entire game :mad:..;)

Life goes on :)

Bumbleberry
04-28-2009, 06:06 PM
That's too funny! I would be the same way if the Canucks were playing!

harrismm
04-28-2009, 06:53 PM
LOL!!!Oh and by the way...You better be glad KG is hurt!

Operator265
04-28-2009, 07:00 PM
Glad Ang is OK. Bet that was scary!!! She actually reported pretty early for a woman. Normally, women don't even really realize it till they come to in the hospital(if they come to). GOOD JOB ANGIE!!!:bravo: And, hugs for both of you!:hug:

Peep Smith
04-28-2009, 07:00 PM
Oh ouch, my tummy is hurting for the giggle you gave me. Thank you for your sense of humor today...it's so appreciated! Glad everyone is fine, but sorry about the game. I'd be the same way if the A's or 49ers were on.

willow650
04-28-2009, 07:10 PM
Gary, only you can make a story like that funny. Glad Angie is OK

blondebritbrat17
04-28-2009, 07:17 PM
So glad she is okay!! Did they figure out what it was? I have acid reflux and I've had several episodes where I was pretty uncomfortable to say the least.

EZMONEY
04-28-2009, 07:29 PM
That's too funny! I would be the same way if the Canucks were playing!

But the Canucks are not MIGHTY ;)

LOL!!!Oh and by the way...You better be glad KG is hurt!

The way my LAKERS are playing they won't ever see Boston.

Glad Ang is OK. Bet that was scary!!! She actually reported pretty early for a woman. Normally, women don't even really realize it till they come to in the hospital(if they come to). GOOD JOB ANGIE!!!:bravo: And, hugs for both of you!:hug:

Thanks MISS TNT Her dad had heart attacks so she is always on the look-out.

Oh ouch, my tummy is hurting for the giggle you gave me. Thank you for your sense of humor today...it's so appreciated! Glad everyone is fine, but sorry about the game. I'd be the same way if the A's or 49ers were on.

Bet your glad ZITO is gone and Garcia is "across" the bay with my RAIDERS now!

Gary, only you can make a story like that funny. Glad Angie is OK

Thanks MANDY and :celebrate: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

So glad she is okay!! Did they figure out what it was? I have acid reflux and I've had several episodes where I was pretty uncomfortable to say the least.

Not yet :tantrum: BRAT but she is still having the symptoms and has an appt. with our doctor on Monday.

murphmitch
04-28-2009, 07:57 PM
I'm so glad she is OK. Better to be safe than sorry!

Clydegirl
04-28-2009, 08:00 PM
Good to hear everything is allright.

Maybe next time instead of running around just call 911 :)

Could have been worse you might have missed the Dodgers.

EZMONEY
04-28-2009, 08:01 PM
I'm so glad she is OK. Better to be safe than sorry!

That's what her mom said when she married me ANNE...no...wait...it was..."you'll be sorry"...;)

EZMONEY
04-28-2009, 08:04 PM
Good to hear everything is allright.

Maybe next time instead of running around just call 911 :)

Could have been worse you might have missed the Dodgers.

BIG BIRD...I blew it...I thought the DODGERS were off until today...they lost anyway. I mentioned 911 but she said "NO WAY!...I have been like this all day...I'll be fine"...one thing I know...I don't back talk my wife...or make suggestions when she is "in the mood" ;)

PearFreak
04-28-2009, 10:02 PM
Glad Angie is ok... and thanks for the humorous twist to a pretty scary night. Only you could tell such a story with humor. Only you. LOL!

EZMONEY
04-28-2009, 10:07 PM
I do what I can SMURFGIRL

JuliaDH
04-28-2009, 10:30 PM
Glad that Angie is ok. Praying for healing for what IS making her feel ill. Thank you for taking the time to share your life in a way that reminds us to blend in some humor to make "stuff" less stressful.

Shannon in ATL
04-28-2009, 10:54 PM
Glad it wasn't a heart attack, hope they figure out what's going on Monday! :)

On the "well, your wife says to tell you that you can come back if the LAKER game isn't on....he won't want to if it is"

comment... Sounds like the two of you are perfect for each other, she seems to share your sense of humor. :)

EZMONEY
04-28-2009, 11:08 PM
Glad that Angie is ok. Praying for healing for what IS making her feel ill. Thank you for taking the time to share your life in a way that reminds us to blend in some humor to make "stuff" less stressful.

Angie read the thread after dinner...her response..."Only you could make my heart attack scare a 3FC Thread"...I asked her....WHAT isn't true?"...she says..."well it is all true but....ah...never mind...but do you really think they care?"

Glad it wasn't a heart attack, hope they figure out what's going on Monday! :)

Me too...still the same symptoms tonight but w/o the stress!

On the "well, your wife says to tell you that you can come back if the LAKER game isn't on....he won't want to if it is"

comment... Sounds like the two of you are perfect for each other, she seems to share your sense of humor. :)

Well...Angie is perfect for me....can't say she would call it a vice-versa thing ;)

bargoo
04-28-2009, 11:08 PM
Gary, praying that they will find nothing serious with Angie. I think you should take up writing as a second career. You are just too darn funny !

EZMONEY
04-28-2009, 11:20 PM
Gary, praying that they will find nothing serious with Angie. I think you should take up writing as a second career. You are just too darn funny !

I think she is fine BARGOO....thank-you :hug:...we should find out Monday. My wife is a good sport for my humor...she just ignores me ;) But seriously and I mean it too...I don't go through life just making people laugh....that would be my nephew! I do have funny one liners from time to time...but I think you would be surprised to talk to me in person.

Margie B.
04-29-2009, 09:07 AM
Hey Angie, glad to hear you're okay, - still scary though

MEN! :shrug::shrug:(You know I love you Gary!?!)

-Margie

Slashnl
04-29-2009, 11:53 AM
Hard to believe she has trouble with acid reflux. I mean... living with you... acid reflux... how could that happen? ;)

EZMONEY
04-29-2009, 12:35 PM
Hey Angie, glad to hear you're okay, - still scary though

MEN! :shrug::shrug:(You know I love you Gary!?!)

-Margie

I know you do...but I really wonder how much since you only visit me here every 6 months or so ;)

Hard to believe she has trouble with acid reflux. I mean... living with you... acid reflux... how could that happen? ;)

That's what I am sayin' D! Personally, I think her acid reflux must be hereditary

GradPhase
04-29-2009, 12:40 PM
Oh my word! I thought this was just another sports thread started by Gary that I would never be able to follow!!

I am SO glad to hear Angie is okay!! What a scare!!

EZMONEY
04-29-2009, 12:45 PM
Oh my word! I thought this was just another sports thread started by Gary that I would never be able to follow!!

I am SO glad to hear Angie is okay!! What a scare!!

Thanks IGLOO GIRL :hug: Glad you weren't "moosed" today! ;)

Angie is feeling much better today and says THANK-YOU ALL so much for the thoughts/wishes and hugs.

alinnell
04-29-2009, 01:14 PM
Gary~I'm glad Angie is okay. You didn't miss much of a game. Oh, right, the Lakers won. Perhaps you would have enjoyed it.

EZMONEY
04-29-2009, 02:16 PM
Gary~I'm glad Angie is okay. You didn't miss much of a game. Oh, right, the Lakers won. Perhaps you would have enjoyed it.

You're a Cali girl now Allison....time to love the LAKERS....and all that jazz....;)

dutchgirl
04-29-2009, 02:28 PM
[QUOTE=EZMONEY;2718331]but do you really think they care?"

OH YES ANGIE, WE CERTAINLY DO CARE! VERY GLAD TO HEAR YOU'RE FEELING BETTER. SENDING HEALING THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS!
:getwell::balloons::getwell::balloons::getwell::ba lloons::getwell:

GARY, YOU DO CRACK US ALL UP WITH YOUR STORIES AND QUIPS BUT WE ALL REALIZE THAT THERE IS A SERIOUS AND A VERY CARING SIDE TO YOU.
YOU MUST HAVE BEEN VERY SCARED THROUGH ALL THIS. KEEP BREATHING CALMLY AND DEEPLY MY FRIEND.:hug:

CARLA

midwife
04-29-2009, 02:45 PM
Glad she's okay.

What are "Lakers"?

:p

EZMONEY
04-29-2009, 03:08 PM

GARY, YOU DO CRACK US ALL UP WITH YOUR STORIES AND QUIPS BUT WE ALL REALIZE THAT THERE IS A SERIOUS AND A VERY CARING SIDE TO YOU.
YOU MUST HAVE BEEN VERY SCARED THROUGH ALL THIS. KEEP BREATHING CALMLY AND DEEPLY MY FRIEND.:hug:

CARLA

You bet I was scared :yikes: If she was "gone" there would be no one here to fold my t-sirts properly!

Glad she's okay.

What are "Lakers"?

Did I ever mention "running" is for people that can't shoot a free throw? ;)

midwife
04-29-2009, 03:32 PM
Oooohhh, I've been dissed!!!

alinnell
04-29-2009, 04:03 PM
Now, now, children. No bickering!!!

But I agree...what are Lakers? Good one, midwife!

EZMONEY
04-29-2009, 04:14 PM
Now, now, children. No bickering!!!

But I agree...what are Lakers? Good one, midwife!

Must be hot already out there...and all that jazz

Operator265
04-29-2009, 04:18 PM
Glad she's okay.

What are "Lakers"?

The real question is not "What?". The real question is "Why?"

EZMONEY
04-29-2009, 04:31 PM
shut up

alinnell
04-29-2009, 04:34 PM
You started it!

EZMONEY
04-29-2009, 04:54 PM
Now WHY does everybody always accuse me?

Operator265
04-29-2009, 05:13 PM
Now WHY does everybody always accuse me?

...the boy says to Mom as he stands in front of her with pie flakes all over his shirt and blueberries on his face after she asks, "Who ate this pie?":o

CountingDown
04-29-2009, 05:49 PM
Angie is in my prayers! Let us know what you find out Monday!

EZMONEY
04-29-2009, 06:52 PM
...the boy says to Mom as he stands in front of her with pie flakes all over his shirt and blueberries on his face after she asks, "Who ate this pie?":o

I swear this chick can see me!

Angie is in my prayers! Let us know what you find out Monday!

Thanks Scooter, she is on her way to teach 2 classes of yoga at church...feels much better but still concerned on why her chest hurt so bad for 2 days.

midwife
04-29-2009, 10:36 PM
:lol:

harrismm
04-29-2009, 11:11 PM
Ok.I have to chime in here.Lakers??Boo!!Sorry Gary but I cant forgive Kobe, even though I am not married to him and obviously his wife has forgave him (Maybe I would too with a 10 K diamond).I have never denied his gift as an athlete.Just cant see through the other stuff.Sorry:(.But I adore Karl Malone and Phil Jackson(loved his books!!).So since my Celtics wont be making the finals, I do hope the best team wins...even if it included KOBE!!Hope you lovely wife is feeling better.Glad she was checked out.Cardiac pain is so hard to determine sometimes.Mimics other symptoms.Take care. Is she have a stress test??

EZMONEY
04-29-2009, 11:18 PM
Angie says no stress test...but she sees our doctor on Monday...heart issues seem to have been ruled out at the hospital...for now. She is fine...did two classes teaching yoga, after work, tonight at church.

Kobe made a big mistake...but, although I never will forget what a jerk he was, I think he has done about all he can do pay for the mistake. He is a great player...I am still p.o. that he and Shaq didn't make it work for a few more years.

JuliaDH
04-30-2009, 12:31 AM
Wow poor Gary!

If anyone else disses his Lakers we might have Angie on here sharing her version of Gary in the hospital with chest pain thread. Mind you as a Canadian who lives close to Toronto I must screem my cheers for the RAPTORS! Actually we dont follow them at home either! HA to much NHL and MLB for us. NBA just gets in the way! LOL

ronni62
04-30-2009, 11:44 AM
Gary, I am so glad that Angie's ok! And, you are so funny, too;). Praying they get to the bottom of the issue (have they wondered about gall bladder? When mine went bad, it would hurt all over my chest-thought I was having a heart attack then). And, tell Angie that of course, we all care about her. She's become part of the family just like you are! :hug: for you both!

EZMONEY
04-30-2009, 12:45 PM
Wow poor Gary!

If anyone else disses his Lakers we might have Angie on here sharing her version of Gary in the hospital with chest pain thread. ....

If my Lakers don't start playing better my heart will be broken ;)

Gary, I am so glad that Angie's ok! And, you are so funny, too;). Praying they get to the bottom of the issue (have they wondered about gall bladder? .....

Angie seems better yet this morning. Yes Ronni, they did check her gall bladder....thanks :hug: