Old 04-28-2009, 09:28 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Default OT - Might need to get Rx's from Cananda - no Rx insurance. Your experiences?

Hi - DH recently got a new job. The job is good. However, they don't offer any prescription insurance. I am an American. I've looked at the online Canadian website pharmacies and wonder if any of you purchased your prescription drugs that way. The prices are so much more affordable. What's your experience with this?

I guess it's hard to know which are legitimate or not.

BTW - there are certain prescriptions that I can get via the Walmart, Kroger, etc - discount plan.($5 a month - $10 for three months) But, there are others my family needs that are not on the generic discount list.

Thanks!

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 04-28-2009 at 09:36 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 10:52 AM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Costco or Sam's club are other places to check.

There is no way to verify if an online pharmacy is actually giving you the medication that they say they are giving you, as far as I can tell. I've heard there has been a lot of fraud with online pharmacies.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 11:09 AM   #3  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

Did you know that some drug companys offer free or reduced cost medicine to people with no insurance? You may have to qualify for their income guidelines. It may not be too low.....I used to use this service when I had no insurance. All you do is search online for Montel Williams prescription assistance. Then they will give you a list of companies who participate. Then you look to see if your drug is on their list. If so, you fill out applications for those drugs and you just may get them FREE.

What prescriptions are you looking to fill, and I'll help you find em ifyou want?????????
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 11:50 AM   #4  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

It's funny how I take my job for granted sometimes - If I need new glasses I swipe my insurance card and walk away, same with prescriptions and dental work. So fortunate! That's my insurance plan through work, I'm not sure what Canadians do who aren't covered -- we do get free doctor visits and a lot of them hand out free meds, but our prescription costs seem quite high when not covered?? Is it still cheaper than the US?
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 11:56 AM   #5  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

Well with my dental plan, we only get 1,000 worth of benefits per year, per family member. My husband has been going to the dentist for root canals and we have been out of pocket like $500 already and hes not even finished! And we have an $800 deductable on our health insurance. With a $20 copay.....like for dr visits or labwork.
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote