South Beach Diet - Need pre-workout snack idea

View Full Version : Need pre-workout snack idea

wonderlin
04-28-2009, 08:29 AM
Well, for the ump-teenth time I've started Phase 1- this time with a co-worker for support. I do have one problem/question:
What is a good snack for before a workout?

Even though I've very out of shape, a friend and I run a kickboxing workout twice a week for coworkers. I need to have a snack before the workout, but don't know what would be a good choice in Phase 1. (When I was in P2 a few years ago I would always have half and apple with some natural peanut butter, but that isn't allowed for the next 2 weeks!)

Any ideas/ suggestions? (I would eat it at least 30min if not a hour, before we start the workout.)

Thanks!
--Linda :)

Ruthxxx
04-28-2009, 08:46 AM
How about a glass of milk and some chick peas?
V8 and laughing Cow Cheese on celery or pepper sticks?

murphmitch
04-28-2009, 09:52 AM
Nuts or nut butter on celery. Beans or milk are good too. Gives you some carbs for energy.

dwizzlex10
04-28-2009, 02:03 PM
a great pre workout snack would be a nice protein bar, i recommend detour they are so yummy and they taste like candy..

wonderlin
04-28-2009, 02:29 PM
Thanks for the advice!
I never thought about milk! I did bring celery and PB for today, I just wasn't sure if it would be an ok snack before a workout. I have plenty of water- we don't have AC in our school, so the gym will get very hot today in this heat!
I bars sound interesting- but I don't think I can't do the bars yet- still Phase 1.

Ruthxxx
04-28-2009, 03:01 PM
Dwizzlex10 just joined today and is still feeling her way around. I guess she didn't realize the South Beach rules.

misspiggy408
04-28-2009, 03:53 PM
Anything full of protein ... i like eggs whites w/ cottage cheese :)