UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 04-28-2009, 04:39 AM   #1  

Default No time to eat healthy

I hope I don't come across lazy to everybody but I honestly haven't got the time or motivation to diet. The time, because I work a lot, and the motivation, because I work a lot and don't have the energy to start cooking healthy when I get home, I just want to relax!

This is the ultimate in laziness I know, but I started a bodychef home delivery plan a week or so ago and I'm finding that it suits my lifestyle perfectly, plus I get treats like brownies and cookies

Is anybody else in the same situation when it comes to work and energy etc?? I hope I'm not the only one x
pattsygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 06:40 AM   #2  
Do it. Be Proud.

S/C/G: 250/see ticker~>/130

Height: 5'3.5

I think it will always depend on who you talk to and where they are at in their journey. As a full time student (mornings), full time employee (nights), and a full time domestic violence and sexual assault volunteer advocate (upwards of 70hrs a month) i use to find it difficult to "fit in things" and sometimes I felt "spread thin." However, I'm unwilling to give up school and volunteer work and my work is not an option, I eventually became fed up and frustrated. Everyone is different. But what this meant for me was just becoming more active, fitting in more exercise by walking and biking as a mode of transportation, the gym and my work out partner for accountability, and cooking dinners- this also meant that down time was down time- period. When it's time to rest, everything done or not, it is time to rest. I use to think I was lazy and I feel that was a negative way to look at myself, I never think of myself as lazy anymore, and without that regret I'm happy.

So to answer the question, energy and time use to be major factors in my health, but it didn't work for me and so I had to make myself work for it instead. I really hope body chef works out for you! I've never heard of it, but you sound really pleased with it!

Last edited by Reddalice; 04-28-2009 at 06:40 AM.
Reddalice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 08:33 AM   #3  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

This is just me now, we are all different.

In the past when I found myself saying, "I don't have the time for eating healthy", meaning all the prep work that goes into it, the planning, the shopping, the cooking, the cleaning up, etc. And saying "I don't have time to exercise". What I was REALLY saying is, "This does not matter enough to me." "This is not a priority in my life." "These things are not important enough to me." Because if and when they are important enough, whatever it is, not only weight related - I make damn sure I've got the time for it.

It's all about priorities. I believe every precious second of my life spent on making me (my children's mother) happy, healthy, trim and fit - is time EXTREMELY well spent. EXTREMELY. It enhances the quality and hopefully the quantity of my life. Time well spent indeed.

I too hope bodychef provides you with a viable alternative to preparing and cooking.

Last edited by rockinrobin; 04-28-2009 at 10:37 AM.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 10:23 AM   #4  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

Hey, whatever works for you! If having a meal delivery service means that you are eating in a healthy and balanced way, then it seems to me that you HAVE taken the time to take care of yourself. You've just recognized that right now you need some help with it.
This is SO different from someone like my dear SIL God Love Her who wants to eat properly, doesn't want to cook, and won't get a meal service (we have a great local one called Supperworks out here) which would cost her LESS than what she spends on takeout and restaurants...I think she enjoys complaining...
Good for YOU!
Kira

Last edited by kiramira; 04-28-2009 at 10:24 AM.
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 03:01 PM   #5  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Maybe use part of one of your days off to make a bunch of meals and freeze them so all you have to do is warm them up each day?
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 08:21 PM   #6  

Are you planning on using this service the rest of your life? At some point you have to commit to doing everything that is necessary to lose weight and maintain the loss. You don't have to cook everyday. As the above poster suggested, you can cook ahead, have cut up veggies ready to go, etc.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 02:39 AM   #7  

if you donot have time you can find a protein bar you like for a good on to go meal..or have all your meals prepared for the day that way you can just eat it real quick and be done with it
dwizzlex10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 11:28 AM   #8  

Thanks everyone for your support while I'm doing my bodychef plan, I don't feel so lazy now that I know there are others in the same situation!

It's going really well and it's fitting in with my lifestyle a treat. I've lost 8lbs in the 2 weeks or so that I've been on it and I haven't had to cook a single thing hehe, plus I'm not getting bored as it's something new every night!

I think you're right rockinrobin about having the correct mental approach. Being healthy is definitely a priority of mine and I have just joined a local gym so that I can do a couple of classes at weekends to fit in with my new diet, which is really working for me. I know I've said it before but I'm just so happy I've found something that works for me! Plus it's saving me money as I'm not spending London prices on lunches, drinks, takeaways and everything else you buy when you're in a hurry

I'll keep you all updated about how my new weight loss plan is going if anyone is interested. I think I'm in the right mental place to really succeed this time!x
Old 04-30-2009, 04:30 PM   #9  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Wow!!! You're off to a FABULOUS start. I'm so glad you've discovered something that is well suited for you.

And now you've joined a gym? Okay. Someone is definitely got her priorities straight! Wishing you much continued success.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 04:48 AM   #10  

So I'm into week 3 of my bodychef diet plan and I'm still losing weight not such a big loss this week but it takes my total weight loss to 11 lbs over the 3 weeks. Having my meals delivered has given me the time to go to the gym and I'm sure that the exercise plays a big part of it as well as the food. I went to the gym after work rather than at the weekend for the first time in years the other night... and it felt goooood

I don't want to lose a massive amount of weight, maybe about a stone and a half (18-20 lbs) and this diet combined with the gym is really paying off. And because I'm seeing a bit of success, it's really driving me to put the effort in! Does anyone else find that? Once I've reached the weight I want to get down to I'll come off my bodychef diet plan, but I think the portion control and extra motivation it's given me will keep me on track once I'm back in the real world of cooking