Simply Filling/Core - Weekly Chat - April 27th to May3rd

blessedwithsarah
04-27-2009, 10:17 AM
New pages for a new week!

coco99
04-27-2009, 10:45 AM
Hi Everyone
Sorry I didnt get back on here last night.
After the guys came home with the new mower. Had to take the cart back to my Mom and Dads. So went with them. And visited for a little bit. Then stopped at hubby's brothers for a little bit. Then came home. And I was tired and just didnt get back on.
I hope everyone had a good day.

VICKIE Glad you got your sample. Hope weigh in is/was good for you. I am really dreading weighing in today. I have been so off track this week it isnt funny. I have to really start tracking. And stop the BLT's. I have been really bad about this week.

Well I am going to get off here for now.
I hope everyone has a great day today.
Thinking of each of you.
coco

ontarget
04-27-2009, 12:36 PM
Good morning, Chickies. We're having glorious thunderstorms with much needed rain. I love this kind of day. I'm still op and am now 1/5 way to my 30 day goal. Life is good.

Paula, thank you for the new pages.

Vickie, I'm very sorry about Cassie. I hope all that you're doing works. As to ear problems--mine have been ringing for over 10 years now. I don't really notice it and my hearing loss isn't too bad. I hope you have as easy a time as I'm having.

Coco, all my flowers are in beds. Curtis built me raised beds and that makes it soooo much easier for watering and weeding.

Maryann, congratulations on losing those 2 lbs. I'm still wi daily and am feeling like I'm back into a rhythm.

Kathy, you and Vickie are still just youngsters. I'm 62. You're right about bodies changing. Most of the time I'm feeling good but every now and then something pops up to remind me I'm not a spring chicken any more.

Tejas
04-27-2009, 01:35 PM
Well, Sandra, you're a spring chicken too: I'm 63 plus ;)

OK, today has just got to be a low calorie day, with water, and :exercise: Does painting my house count? This project of getting the house ready seems to have NO end!

Oh well...

Rhonda

beach bum
04-27-2009, 01:44 PM
Hi Ladies:)

Had to go with Leo to get his petscan,in a new place about 1 hr away from our home. When we got there,I was in the waiting room and a five minutes alter the tech told me that they had to pick him 8 x's and we had to cancel the appointment,for another day.

My ankle was really bothering me yesterday so I called the doctor & I finally have appointment to have a MRI on my ankle its tomorrow at 7:30 AM. and than a follow up with the orthopedic doctor.

My doctor just called and my cholesterol count is down
[TOTAL CH 208-TRIGLY 231-HDL 45 & LDL 117]

Thanks for all the congrats wishes I really appreciate them as I was struggling the last couple of months with the stubborn poundage.

COCO-Glad to here she fine.I guess it spring and we all are trying to get our garden & lawns in order. I have beautiful periwinkles as a ground cover and the go between my blooming bushes like rodies and azaleas in the front.

SANDRA-I don't mind the rain but you can have the thunderstorms. I hate them ever since I was a child.

It used to frustrate me to the end weighing in and see fluctuation day to day but if you forget about the number and use it as a tool your OK.That's why I doing it again.

VICKIE-HOPE you had a good W-I.and good night sleep after worrying about your doggy.

Have a great afternoon

Vickie
04-27-2009, 02:11 PM
I lost 2.4 pounds chicks! Now I'm at 20.8. It feels good to finally have a formula.

Gotta go have my consultation with the doggy nutritionist!

ontarget
04-27-2009, 02:45 PM
Maryann, what a bummer having to change the procedure date. I feel sad for Leo. And I feel sad for you. I'm glad you're getting the MRI.

Rhonda, you definitely get kudos for painting. And you're right. You'll prob never get finished, but just look how far you've come getting your place ready. You're going to make someone very very happy. Well, you'll also make yourself happy cuz of the $$$$ difference. I'm trying to eat low points today, too. It's weird how some days are easier than others, isn't it?

Vickie, :woohoo: on the weightloss. You're doing great.

Kathy, do you still live at the same location? I was thinking you were talking about moving. We're competing at the Dallas Area Senior Games Saturday. I hope we have dry weather then.

And you young chicks that are at least 50 yo qualify now for Senior Games (previously known as Senior Olympics). There are numerous events. Competing is a wonderful way to get some exercise and have fun. Here's the link for more info if you're interested: http://www.nsga.com/DesktopDefault.aspx The National Senior Games are in San Francisco this year. State games are held annually and nationals on odd-numbered years. To compete at nationals, you have to qualify the previous year at a state event. We didn't compete last year so we won't be going to San Fran.

Rhonda, I think they have racewalking as an event. 2011 Nationals will be in Houston.

Katpo
04-27-2009, 03:27 PM
Congratulations, Vickie!! That's GREAT!!

Yes, Sandra, we're still in Mansfield. We were looking at the TCU area but it's farther to work. We also talk about moving to Kentucky since we have two houses there to choose from, and it would be nice to get away to a small town. Small as in Eubank has fewer than 500 people (the house there is in town). The house at Willow Springs is out in the middle of nowhere in Casey County, and nearest town is Liberty, which has around 2,000. We could sure stand to slow down a whole lot. It's just a matter of would we work and if so, where? The house in Eubank would be an hour commute to Lexington, and we have an L-3 facility there, but we'd rather live at Willow because there is more land and I could have my goats. The house in Eubank is on about an acre. Confused yet?

The rain was nice but it means a week's worth of mopping every day until it dries up. I've never been able to teach the big dogs how to sidestep the mud puddles, and they refuse to wear shoes.

ontarget
04-27-2009, 06:27 PM
Kathy, thank you for telling me about your opportunities. We don't have any pets. We just watch the birds, rabbits, and squirrels. Of course, Curtis has been out but he watched out for mud puddles. :lol:

I've been hungrier today and have used some WPA's. Life goes on.

Tejas
04-27-2009, 10:42 PM
Hi All:

I've just returned from pottery class. I brought home my first two pots. Lately, I've been hand building, and I think I like it better than the wheel. Tonight I made a butter dish which will get glazed and fired next week.

I'm really hungry and I think I'll scramble some eggs since I didn't really get dinner. Have a great night everyone.

Rhonda

Katpo
04-28-2009, 12:06 AM
Rhonda, I liked hand building more than the wheel too. There was one thing I wanted to make but never got around to it. It was a large flat oval, with a hole in the middle and notches on each end. It slipped over the next of a wine bottle and then wine glasses hung upside down on each side of it, with their stems in that notch. I'll see if I can find a picture of one. It was really cool looking and so easy (at least, it seemed so). I still have two pots at the studio that need to be glazed and fired. They've been there for about six months. LOL! I keep forgetting to go.

I bought some of those Curves sandals today from Avon. You've probably seen them; they're like the fitflops that tone your legs while you walk. I guess we'll see!!

Vickie
04-28-2009, 10:18 AM
Good Morning Chicks! Things are still a little bit of crazy here but I wanted you to know that I'm thinking of all of you and wishing you well on your programs and in your lives.

coco99
04-28-2009, 01:09 PM
Hi Everyone
Just thought I would check in for a few.
Weigh in was awful last night. Knew it would be. I gained 3 lbs. I think a good bit of it is fluid. My ankles and hands are swelled. I didnt drink as much water as I should have. Now with the warmer weather I will have to make sure I drink more.

VICKIE :carrot: CONGRATS on the loss. That is great. You are doing good.
Hope Cassie is doing ok. Are your ears feeling any better. My Mom has the ringing in her ears. Sometimes it is worse than others she says.

TECHALUM Hope you are doing ok.

TEJAS Sounds like you are enjoying your pottery class. You can make all kinds of new dishes for your new place.

ONTARGET Were your storms bad. Hope not. Guess we are to be getting some rain. It is starting to cloud up some now. Nice breeze blowing. And suppose to get some cooler temps. But we need the rain. Know they have a burn warning out. Good job on staying OP. I need to get back on track myself.

BEACHBUM that is awful they had to pick hubby that many times. Hope your MRI and DR's appt goes well.

KATPO My sister bought the tennis shoes from Avon that is suppose to tone your legs as you walk. She said she kinda likes them. I have a friend that lives in Kentucky. It is pretty down there.

BLESSEDWITHSARAH Hope you are having a good day.

Well l better get off here and get busy.
Will be back later.
coco

blessedwithsarah
04-28-2009, 01:39 PM
Happy Tuesday! Its HOT today -- kathy and Sandra, I'm sending the heat back to you....way too early to be 90! Its now 12:30 and I'm done with my errands and took a 45 minute powerwalk. Next is getting the patio furniture out.

Maryann, are you at the beach today? It would be a good day for it! Hope you and Leo are feeling better.

Vickie, congrats on the loss! Your doing great. What was the change at JC that got things moving? I recall they were adding calories and cutting out some of their food. How much JC food are you eating now vs your own? Courious minds....

Well, going to make some iced tea and go back out. DH is working around here today - more yard work. Its nice he is self employeed and we get some Tuesdays together.

BBL

blessedwithsarah
04-28-2009, 01:39 PM
Coco, don't let the loss get you down. If its what you think, keep drinking tons of water and the scale will start moving!

beach bum
04-28-2009, 03:15 PM
Hi Ladies:)

This morning I had my MRI and did it hurt. The tech put up my foot into a holding sleeve of the MRI and flexed it so that the pain went up to my spine. When I had my first picture done I told her to loosen the foot.Than all went well,the doctor will have the results in 3-4 days.

We are still waiting for the chemo doctor[whose off today] to make up hes mind whether Leo will work with the intervenes team to insert a needle into his arm and than bought out to the petscan clinic. As I wrote previously that they can find a vain that will draw blood. Until than we have to cancel the doctor appointment until than.

VICKIE-:carrot:BIG CONGRATS ON YOUR 2.4 LOSS:carrot: You're doing so well,I'm sending you a bravo sign:bravo: Keep up the good work.

SANDRA-I felt so sorry for him also,I wouldn't let them take that many,but I'm :chicken: and a fraidy:fr:cat.

RHONDA-Glad you like your potty class.

COCO-Sorry about your 3 lb gain. That's a possibility,my old WW leader use to say you flush water with water.Here's to a better week,thanks The follow up doctors appointment is May 14th.Hope he can give me something to relief the pain before than.

PAULA-Its too COLD for the beach.The winds are still blowing in that area. Leo & I can't work ,but we could sit on the benches and breath in the clean air. Thanks for the idea, maybe tomorrow morning.

Have a great afternoon & evening

coco99
04-28-2009, 09:04 PM
Hi Everyone
Had a very little rain shower a few minutes ago. Just enough to dampen the sidewalk. But suppose to get some more through the night. And the temps is suppose to drop. But I will enjoy that. I dont like this 85-90 degree weather. 65-70 is my kind of weather.

BEACHBUM So sorry they hurt you today. Sure hope they find out what is going on. And they can give you something for the pain. Your poor hubby. Sure hope they can get a vein. I know what you are going through just watching your hubby. All you can do. Is be there. And hold his hand. I know I did/do that for mine.

Well I am going to get off here for now. Hope everyone had a great day.
Thinking of each of you.
Have a good evening.
Be back sometime tomorrow. Hubby has a dentist appt in the morning.
Night
coco

Tejas
04-28-2009, 09:21 PM
Ouch, Maryann. That must have been rough.

I have been out walking and my shins are just killing me...ooohhh, ooohhh, ooohhh...and, to really show that I've lost my mind, I've signed up for spinning classes. My motivation? A friend of mine lost about 20 pounds in a month by spinning and watching her calories. I'm not sure that I can keep it up, with the powerwalking, but I am now trying to see myself as "in training." For what? Who knows? :lol:

Rhonda

ontarget
04-29-2009, 12:08 AM
Ouch, Maryann! I'm sorry you had to suffer. And Leo? Bless his heart.

Rhonda, I bought some MBT anti shoes today. I love them. Curtis' head is reeling cuz I've spent so much $$$ on shoes lately, but he's happy I've found some that are helping my aching tootsies.

My eating wasn't good today. Tomorrow I start anew. So what else is new?

Did I tell ya'll I set 9 World FITA Records at the University of Texas? I received certificates from the Olympic Training Center today. I'm all smiles.

Tejas
04-29-2009, 07:26 AM
Noooo, Sandra, you didn't tell us! You ARE the :queen:

:woohoo:

Just proud to know you, and I'm envious of all your shoes (would love an update on the MBT ones as you wear them).

Rhonda

beach bum
04-29-2009, 09:44 AM
Good Morning Ladies:)

Nothing new at my neck of the woods,going to stay home and rest.The only think I will have to out to our local bakery and pick up some home made rye bread that they bake with WW brown flour. Don't like the package brands that the supermarket sells.

COCO-Our temps are varying also we had a high of 70's yesterday and now its back to the 50's today. I'm going to see if I can bring some of my bulky sweaters down stairs to make more room in the closets.Thanks,Now to the next step,my doc should have the information by the end of the week of by Monday. Don't know what they are going to do for my DH petscan the doctors are working on that.

RHONDA-I think they realized after I was complaining that the foot was too flexed,and once they relaxed it the pain was gone. I guess once I start walking again I will have to take it easy and not do my 3 miles like I did before the bad ankle. Be care that you don't hurt yourself when power walking that far.

SANDRA-Thanks hope we will survive our little ordeal,just have to take it one day at a time.

Have agreat morning

coco99
04-29-2009, 02:43 PM
Hi Everyone
Well it is a cool 60 degrees today. With some sprinkles.
But I like it. I didnt like that real hot stuff.
Hubby went to the dentist this morning. They wanted to pull a tooth. But he told them not too. If it would be alright. They said as long as it wasnt bothering him. But then the filled one. Hubby didnt want them to pull the tooth. Because on Friday he is going to the eye Dr. And he didnt know how he would feel. They are going to check on his cataract. So told the girls at the dentist when we foun out what they were going to do. We would schedule a appt. They said ok.

BEACHBUM Hope you are having a good day. and that the leg is feeling better.

ONTARGET CONGRATS on setting the record. That is awesome.

TEJAS Hope your shins are feeling better.

BLESSEDWITHSARAH did it cool down for you yet. Hope so. Glad you are getting your patio stuff out. Wish I had a nice porch or patio to put stuff on. Have just a very little porch. About one chair will fit on it. Maybe one of these days we will get a new one built.

VICKIE how are you. Hows the puppy. Hope both of you are doing ok. Thinking of both of you.

Well I better get off here and get busy. Need to wash a couple loads of clothes.
Be back later.
coco

Tejas
04-29-2009, 10:51 PM
Spinning class? 245 calories gone in a 45 minute session.

I loved it. We'll see how I feel in about 24 hours. My friend who encouraged me to go now has us going again for a 6:30AM class on Friday morning. I used my heart rate monitor to keep myself to a high of 136 beats, but most of the time I was about 120 or so. This is not the highest exertion at all, but it is a rate I could sustain and not tire too quickly.

I hope I can keep this up; it was fun.

Rhonda

ontarget
04-29-2009, 11:18 PM
We are really having a lot of excitement down here. Swine flu is all over the news. Numerous schools are shutting down for the next week including all of Ft. Worth campuses and over 80,000 students.

Rhonda, I didn't wear the MBT's till later today because mine are tennis shoes and I needed to wear dressier shoes for where I've been most of the day. I am loving them, though. If I could afford them, I would get some dressy ones and some sandals. (I just bought SAS sandals.)

Thank you for the kudos. I'm still smiling ear to ear. The Dallas Area Senior Olympics are Saturday unless they get cancelled because of the flu.

Phone just rang. I'll be back.

Katpo
04-30-2009, 12:05 AM
Sandra, my chef shoes were MBT. The Birkie store on Camp Bowie carries them. They were a little over $100 and look like simple black clogs, but they are slip proof, can be cleaned in the dishwasher, and the cork insert is replaceable. The technology is amazing though, because standing on your feet in a kitchen for a zillion hours is hard and this definitely helps!

I bought a pair of the Curves toning sandals, the ones like Fitflops. Did I already post that? It sounds familiar for some reason. Anyway I should get them in a few days. Everyone says that you can really feel it in your butt and legs after wearing them just for a little while.

beach bum
04-30-2009, 09:50 AM

Can't believe how cold it is outside.We dropped from at 54 degree at breakfast time to a 32 this morning. I glad I didn't bring my winter clothes downstairs for storage.

Hoping to hear from the doctor Fri.-Mon. about my ankle.Its really bothering me today,as we're expecting a big :rain: storm tonight into tomorrow.

COCO-Thanks,This is the longest time I ever experience such a pain and nothing I take relieves it. Hope your DH had a good visit with the dentist.I hate going there as I'm such as baby when in that chair.

RHONDA-Never been to a spinning class,or heard too much about it.Is it a new type of exercising that they do in the gyms???? I heard of the bikes,elliptic and treadmills being there but never a spinner machine.

SANDRA-We haven't had any Swine Flu patients yet here in Mass. The ones that they thought they had in LOWELL,was a mistake. Leo & I always wash our hands and when we come out of a supermarket or Walmart we use sanitary hand wash before we drive home and than to the bathroom sink to wash our hands again.Have to be every careful especially He with his poor lungs and Me not being the carrier or the disease.

Have a great morning,will come back later

blessedwithsarah
04-30-2009, 10:20 AM
Hi everyone. I've been OP since Saturday, tracking everything and doing well. The scale is down about 3pds so far, I'm going to track my Saturday am as my official day. I'm happy -- I think the 5 pds I've gained since Easter is coming off quickly, which is a good thing. Then I'm back to dealing with the same old 10 pds I think I've been battling for years. OH well, at least I'm working at it rather than just letting the scale climb. I did try on white jeans on Tuesday. The 12s did fit and were OK, but they just didn't look good in the tummy area. I think If I can get 5-8pds off, I'm going back and trying them again. Funny, I tried 3 different brands and they all just did not look good. Maybe in a couple of weeks......

Coco, it has cooled off, a bit too much. This morning it was only 36 --- a huge drop from the 90+ on Tuesday. Oh well, thats New England. As the old saying goes -- If you don't like the weather, wait a minute....

Maryann, I didn't read that the Lowell boys did not have swine flu - I need to go look for that. When do you hear from your Dr on the MRI? I hope you get some answers.

I just don't understand what the big to-do is about this strain of flu. Granted there is such a big outbreak in Mexico. But in the US this year, over 10million people had the flu and over 30,000 died from it.

Rhonda, good for you on the spinning classes. Thats a great workout!

Well, got to get some stuff done. BBL

Tejas
04-30-2009, 11:45 AM
Hi:

I've lost 2 pounds, finally.

Maryann, spinning is an exercise on a stationary bike. The classes are given in groups, with a leader. The leader takes you through a virtual route, calling out things like "hills ahead, adjust the tension and go all out" or "recover" (my favorite), or "straightaway ahead with strong head wind, adjust your tension, and fight the wind..." So, you pretend that you are on a bike cruise and work like heck. It was really fun, but rigorous.

Paula, you are so right about the 'flu. But, the difference is how quickly it spreads, that it attacks younger adults instead of us old folks, and that it goes international in a hurry. There are 7 cases in Toronto and nothing is closed. Toronto suffered with SARS, you might remember, but there's no panic yet.

Off to work....BBL

Rhonda

coco99
04-30-2009, 12:09 PM
Hi Everyone
So sorry I didnt get back on here last night.
Son was in a fender bender. So had to deal with that.
Some young guy hit him from behind. Didnt do much damage to his truck. Messed up the bumper. But the car well that is a different story.
But it also pushed son into the truck in front of him. But not much damage on that bumper. Just a little dent.
Son was a complete stop when this happened.
Says his neck is a little stiff. Trying to talk him in to going and getting checked out. But he dont want to miss work. So will see what happens.

TEJAS Congrats on the loss. Glad you are enjoying the spinning class.

BLESSEDWITHSARAH Congrats on the loss. So far the scales havent moved for me. So hopefully by Monday they will be down.

BEACHBUM hope the ankle is feeling better. Hope the DR calls soon.

ONTARGET Hope you are having a great day.

KATPO Glad you like your new shoes. I have such a hard time finding shoes to fit. i have a wide foot. I found a pair of NB walking shoes. They are pretty comfortable. But I cant always wear them everywhere. Wish they made a dress shoe in NB. Have a great day.

TECHALUM hope you are doing ok.

VICKIE how are you doing. Thinking of you.
Well I better get off here. Son is suppose to call me back in a little bit.
Got some info he needs.
So hopefully I will be back later.
coco

coco99
04-30-2009, 08:19 PM
Just a quick stop by.
Did take son to Dr. Has some whiplash. So they gave him some meds. And some stretches to do. And to put some moist heat on his neck.
Dont know when I will be on here tomorrow.
Hubby has a eye appt. in the morning. Then afterwards have some errands to run.
So hope everyone has had a great day.
Thinking of each of you.
coco

Tejas
04-30-2009, 10:22 PM
Coco, sorry about your son's accident and whiplash. That can hurt..I hope he takes care of it.

I'm sleepy and headed for bed early. I'm going out early in the morning for another spinning class...I'm nuts, for sure.

It's raining, raining, raining...all night they say.

'night..

Rhonda

ontarget
04-30-2009, 10:28 PM
Kathy, I got my MBT's @ Take 5 Birkenstock on Camp Bowie. Did you see the Think! shoes? Mine were over 2. In the last 2 weeks I've bought 3 pairs of SAS and 1 pair MBT. I'm shoe poor. But-----we are noticing that I'm not limping in the evenings from broken down feet. Hallelujah!!

Eating? I am struggling. What more can I say?

Maryann, that's good that you and Leo are careful. I hope you get some relief for your ankle soon. I can empathize with you.

Paula, :woohoo: on losing. I was losing as long as I weighed daily. Miss a day and blewy!

Rhonda, :woohoo: to you, too, for losing. And your bike class? Sounds like fun. We're not going to the club for a few days till the scare goes away. Cleburne schools are closed till next week.

Coco, I'm glad you took ds to the doctor. My shoes are sort of like NB. I'll be able to wear them to shoot. I'll wear them with jeans and shorts. (They look funny with capris.)

beach bum
05-01-2009, 08:41 AM

Can't believe that's its May 1st., and we're almost at the 1/2 way mark of the year.We're having a rainy & gloomy day,not going to do much today except take several trips down to the basement and get my laundry done.

PAULA-I heard about the boys in Lowell on ABC news on local radio.I'm suppose to hear some time today or the latest by Monday what the MRI revealed. Its healing slowly, not with the ice packs but with heat. Why didn't the doctor tell me that,in the first place and not push the rice method on me.BIG CONGRATS on your 3 lbs,I so far staying the same,but I 'm going to average it out on Monday.

RHONDA-OH!! I thought it had something to do with spinning,that how much I know. Thanks for explaining what the exercise is all about. That does some like fun,maybe I will try it with my bike at home and Leo call out from the other room the different routes. CONGRATS on your 2 lbs.

COCO-Thanks,Oh I'm so sorry about your sons accident & getting whiplash. Hope he heals soon,and you take care also,nothing like a mom to be there for her son.

SANDRA-Sorry that you're struggling with the food plan plan. I still using the small plates and I'm now seeing what a portion size should look like. Hope to hear some news by this weekend.

Have to go,will be back later

Tejas
05-01-2009, 09:14 AM
317 calories gone by 7:15AM this morning.

I think I'm hooked on this spinning. I have plans to go back next Tuesday and Wednesday. I have really enjoyed it. They play music that if I heard any other place, I'd be yelling "turn that noise off!" but I just get on that bike, get with the beat and zone out...It really does help to have a friend to go with. She's half my age and I'm gonna catch up to her, by golly.

Rhonda

ontarget
05-01-2009, 03:38 PM
Rhonda, you go, girl! Spin away!

Maryann, it does feel like this year's sailing by, doesn't it?

Tomorrow we have the senior olympics in Dallas. I'm just not going to worry about what I'm eating till it's over. However, shooting will help because I will be busy and will also be getting exercise. Life is good.

coco99
05-01-2009, 08:56 PM
Hi Everyone
Just a quick stop. I am tried tonight. Been a long day. Or it seems like it.
Started out with taking hubby to eye Dr. They are going to take his cataract off in a couple of weeks. They is some difference in his vision since he was to the eye Dr last. I think that was in Feb. So Dr said to take it off. So had to get that scheduled. Then he was to have some blood work. So they went ahead and done it for a pre op. Or what ever they call it.
Then had to pay insurance, and car payment. Things like that.
Then when we get home. Had a call from our insurance agent. The guy that hit our son. Has NO INSURANCE. So now have to deal with all that.
Son's neck is still stiff. He did go to work today. But said turning his head to the side was ok. Hurt but could do it. But to look up. That was a different story. Told him to just take it easy over the weekend. He dont have to work.
Well I am going to get off here.
I hope everyone had a great day.
Sorry I didnt post to each of you.
But know that I am thinking of you.
Talk to you tomorrow.
Night
coco

nancy237
05-01-2009, 11:06 PM
I am being a traitor and switching to South Beach Diet. I think being strict with my carbs will help me get past this point where my scales are stuck.

To me it seems most of South Beach is Core but all of Core isn't South
Beach. Please tell me where I am wrong with this as I am still learning about South Beach

My son got a lab puppy and I have been hiking with her so maybe that will help also. Sure has been good for my mood!!!

Meet Riley, She is a shelter rescue !!

http://i726.photobucket.com/albums/ww266/tarheel237/Chrisspuppy012.jpg

I still check in to see how everyone is even though I don't post often.

blessedwithsarah
05-02-2009, 09:25 AM
Happy, Happy! Lost 5 pds this week. That was the Easter gain, now I'm pretty much back to where I was. I'm thrilled. My new evening treat is Wasa light crispbreads (3 for 1 point) toppped with 1T Better'nPeanut butter (1 point). It gives me something crunchy to munch on and its really tasty. My will power is getting better when its late, I'm trying to have my night time snack before 9. So far, so good. One week at a time.

Nancy, feel free to still post here. Vickie is doing Jenny Craig and still posts. We all need support, please stay! My niece switched to South Beach from core- her thoughts its basically the same thing, just different way of looking at it. If carbs are an issue for you, its a good choice.

Coco, sorry to hear about your son. Will his insurance cover everything? I hope it works out -- most of all that he gets better.

Rhonda, great going on the exercise!

Sandra, hope you can get back on track. Start today!

Hi Sloan, Vickie, Maryann ---is that everyone? Feels like I'm missing someone. Sorry if it was you!

Have a great day.

Tejas
05-02-2009, 09:55 AM
Nancy, do post here when you want to. I agree with you about the similarities but I find the lack of fruit on SB's induction phase makes me miserable.

One MIA person is Donna/Tech...where is she??

I'm off to go Powerwalking soon, then home to continue painting. Last night I put the primer on my wood corner pantry, after sanding it. Why didn't I do this years ago? It's so clean and bright looking.

Oh, DH quit drinking diet sodas and lost 5 pounds.

BBL,
Rhonda

beach bum
05-02-2009, 10:18 AM

Look like we're going to have another damp and miserably day.Suppose to rain all day,and it not good for my aching bones.

RHONDA-Gee!! You're really enjoying that spin class that you're going to. Maybe I'll do my own renovation of your spinning class once my ankle heals.

SANDRA-You have the right attitude going into the Senior Olympics. Why worry about the food,its only one day and you know what to to eat and what to keep away from. Have a good time,at the event.

COCO-Oh!! I'm so sorry that your having a such a hard time and carrying a heavy load on your shoulders. That terrible that the kid doesn't have any insurance.I heard a lot about those uninsured from the news cast.

NANCY-Hi:wave: if your doing better with the South Beach than the Core go for it. Remember that all diets don't fit for all. I was on the beach since 2003 up to 2007 lost a total of 6 lbs in Phase 1 but the minute I went to Ph2 I was yoyoed on the scale so I decide the core is it what worked for me,until recently.NO MORE DIETS not for me, I'm now eating healthy from a small portion sized plate and counting calories and that's the best for me.I find that I'm losing again but slowly.Good Luck with the beach,and don't be a stranger,it nice to hear from you.

Love the pix of your sons Lab puppy thanks for sharing.

PAULA-:carrot:BIG CONGRATS on your 5 lbs weight loss.:carrot: I find that the Wasa & PB makes a good snack and a filling one that keeps you satisfied. I used the flat bread & flavored rice cakes with the PB are satisfying also.

coco99
05-02-2009, 11:05 AM
Hi Everyone
Waiting on a load of son work jeans to finish washing. So thought I would get on here for a few.

TEJAS How was your power walk. Congrats to hubby for losing 5 lbs. Isnt it funny how sometimes a fresh coat of paint really brightens things us.

BLESSEDWITHSARAH CONGRATS on the 5 lbs loss. That is wonderful. I like those Wasa crispbreads. I take a wedge of the laughing cow cheese put on mine. And have a cup of tea. YUM YUM!! Son is feeling some better today.

NANCY237 Glad you are back. LOVE THE PUPPY. She is so cute. Just keep posting with us.

BEACHBUM Hope the weather warms up for you. Then maybe you would feel better. Did you hear anything from your test yet. So not sure what all will go on since the boy that hit son didnt have insurance. Guess our insurance will have to pay for everything. Then maybe they go after the boy. So guess I will find out.

ONTARGET AND VICKIE hope you are both doing good. Have a great day.

Well got to go check on the washer.
be back later.
coco

nancy237
05-02-2009, 01:25 PM
Nancy, do post here when you want to. I agree with you about the similarities but I find the lack of fruit on SB's induction phase makes me miserable.

Funny you said that because I am going to sorta do my own version of SB
with one serving of a berry or citrus fruit daily. I am just making sure
it is with some protein and good fat at the same time.

Like everything else in my life I must try "my way" first. :D If that doesn't
work I guess I will try the "official" way.

Tejas
05-02-2009, 02:37 PM
381 calories gone with the powerwalking!

Now, I'm going to rest a while then start painting again.

I will have a real test tonight: we're going out to an Italian restaurant with friends. I'll be careful :yikes:

Rhonda

coco99
05-02-2009, 05:53 PM
TEJAS Have fun tonight at your dinner. I am sure you will do just fine.
We went to Cracker Barral today. I was tried of getting the grilled chicken tenders. So I got something new. It was a grilled beef and broccoli dinner. It came in a little baby iron skillet. It was like a stir fry. Had some rice under the meat and broccoli. Was very good. So will have to be really good the rest of the day. Again have fun tonight.

coco99
05-02-2009, 09:47 PM
Hi there
Just thought I would get on here and see what is going on.
I am done doing laundry for tonight. Will finish it up tomorrow.
My dryer is taking forever to dry stuff. So dont know what is going on with that.
Hope everyone had a great day.
Thinking of each of you.
Talk to you tomorrow.
Night
coco

nancy237
05-02-2009, 11:17 PM
Hi there
My dryer is taking forever to dry stuff. So dont know what is going on with that.

Mine does the same thing...It is a new dryer and someone told me that
the vent hose may be too long. We have to dry one cycle and then reset for another cycle to get things dry.

nancy237
05-02-2009, 11:18 PM
We went to Cracker Barral today. I was tried of getting the grilled chicken tenders. So I got something new. It was a grilled beef and broccoli dinner. It came in a little baby iron skillet. It was like a stir fry. Had some rice under the meat and broccoli. Was very good. So will have to be really good the rest of the day. Again have fun tonight.

That sounds great . I am going to try taht next time. I used to always get
the blackened catfish but it doesn't seem as good as it used to be.

Tejas
05-03-2009, 12:29 AM
I actually ate too much but I did make some efforts not to be too crazy.There really weren't too many dishes without pasta, so I ordered chicken with one and focussed on the chicken not the pasta....tomorrow is another day!

Regrettably its a day that I'm taking my former FIL out for his birthday. But, I'm taking him someplace with more choices for me.

Rhonda

blessedwithsarah
05-03-2009, 08:17 AM
One thought on your dryers -- when was the last time you cleaned out the hose? Mine was doing the same thing, DH then cleaned out all the lint that was built up in the hose and it made a huge difference. Not to mention reduce a potential fire hazard.

beach bum
05-03-2009, 10:08 AM

Still not going to church,gee!! is been a month since I been there.Some people will think I moved away. Going to call the doctor and find out if he heard any of the results from the MRI yet. This ankle is not getting any better,and the anti inflammatory drugs are not helping with the pain either.

COCO-The weather on the cape is different from the main land. We can get interchangeable weather when any type of front comes in.Its seems the storms like to go up the 195 corridor north and head to Boston.We will warm up some time in June. As I mentioned above my doctor should get the report by Monday.

RHONDA-Your doing great in the exercising dept and it will pay off. WILL CROWN YOU AS OUR EXERCISING:queen: QUEEN FOR THE DAY. that's the key to weight loss and right now I can't.I have to rely on low calorie foods. Hope you had fun with your friends I sure you kept the calories to a bare minimum.

NANCY-I'm having the same problem as COCO. I thought it was the fabric dryer sheets that were doing that.Mine does the same thing...It is a new dryer and someone told me that
the vent hose may be too long. We have to dry one cycle and then reset for another cycle to get things dry. I got my new dryer about 3 years ago and they didn't mention mine had to be cut.

PAULA-That another option that I have to put in the back of my mine,is it have the vent hosed cleaned.How does you DH clean it?????

Vickie
05-03-2009, 10:51 AM
Good Morning Chicks! Just wanted to let you know that I'm ok; just still scared about my dog and really, really, busy.

Yesterday was three birthday parties, a communion and Jim's birthday. We haven't celebrated Jim's party yet. Too much going on and too many worries.

I'll try to get to read posts today and see how you all are.

blessedwithsarah
05-03-2009, 02:28 PM
Maryann, he took the hose off and then vacuumed it out using a shop vac. You probably could do the same thing with a regular vacuum. HTH

coco99
05-03-2009, 02:51 PM
Hi Everyone
Just having a lazy day.
Working on the laundry for son.
That is all I get done it seems like. Laundry.
I was wondering if the lint was getting built up in my lint catcher thing. I clean the filter after each load of laundry. But sometimes. When I pull out the filter pieces will fall down inside the place where the filter goes. And you cant reach it. Wonder if I took a sweeper and tried to sweep that out. If it would help. Hubby had already shorten the hose. In fact instead of the plastic hose. he put in a metal one. But will have him check on that.

VICKIE I so hope your puppy is getting better. WOW. You are having alot of parties. I will be too. Here in a couple of weeks. Wedding, Graduation, and Memorial day. Hope you are doing alright. Now that you are in my prayers. And your puppy.

BEACHBUM I sure hope they figure out what is going on with your ankle. We are having a rainy day today. It isnt raining right now. So maybe we will havea break for a little bit. But it is awful damp. May have to turn the furnace on.

TEJAS Glad you had a good time yesterday. Hope your dinner out today is nice.

NANCY237 Yes the grilled beef skillet I got yesterday was good. But I am not sure what the points were. I figure it would be better than some of the other stuff they had. And I was getting tired of the grilled chicken tenders. But then the rest of the day I was careful. So hope it all balanced out. Guess I will find out tomorrow night.

BLESSEDWITHSARAH I will check the lint thing out. Hope you are having a good day.

ONTARGET Hope you are doing ok. Have a great day

Well I need to go and check on the washer. And to put another load in if it is done. Now to get things dried and packed.
Be back later.
coco

ontarget
05-03-2009, 08:36 PM
Hi there. I'm just checking in to let ya'll know I haven't fallen off the end of the earth. There's a lot going on down here right now and I haven't been handling it well foodwise. One of my friends and her husband are battling health problems. Also, we were in Dallas all day yesterday shooting the Dallas Area Senior Olympics. We dodged the storm and finished about 2 hours before the building at Valley Ranch collapsed. I guess ya'll saw it on the news. That's a practice facility for the Dallas Cowboys.

I apologize for not responding to each of you. I wish you all the best. I'll be back tomorrow.

coco99
05-03-2009, 09:14 PM
ONTARGET Oh my gosh. That had to be scary. I havent seen the footage on TV. But heard my son talking about it. Hope your friend and hubby are ok. Will be thinking of them. Hope you have a good evening.

Well finally got the laundry done. For a day or two anyway. Had to get things washed up. Son is going out of town. So had to get everything washed up for his trip.
Not sure how the scales will be tomorrow night. A little worried. So keeping fingers crossed the scales are down. But will be happy with a maintain.
Well am going to get off here for now.
Thinking of each of you.
Hope everyone had a good weekend.
Night
coco

Tejas
05-03-2009, 10:04 PM
Hi:

Sandra, I was wondering about you and that storm. Thanks for checking in.

We went over to have a light dinner with the same friends we went out with last night. I took a salad and that was about all I had to eat. I was so full from lunch still.

Night all,
Rhonda

beach bum
05-04-2009, 10:17 AM

W-I this morning and I maintained. Not worried as I had a bad month trying to nurse my bad ankle.Its a great possibility that I'm swelling up with water in that region.

VICKIE-Happy:) that you checked in,and sad:( about your sick doggy.

PAULA-Thanks :thanks: for the instructions on the dryer hose,it sound simple enough.

COCO-Surprising:eek: enough I found that my ankle is hurting like it did before.Maybe its healing & I'm sure the doctor should have the MRI results this morning,if he doesn't call I will call the office some time this afternoon.

SANDRA-Oh don't:no: worry about us,we understand that sometime we just don't have the time to post individually.Just take some time out for yourself and have fun at the Senior Olympics, remember,the old WW saying , 3 bites and move on. OH MY TG your weren't there when it happened.

RHONDA -Congrats:congrat: for not eating that much at dinner. You're really in control of your eating and exercising,you're heading in the right direction for a great W-I.

Have a great morning