04-27-2009, 05:53 PM
Hello. ^_^

lizziep
04-27-2009, 06:49 PM
also bi. but i'm married. to a man. so does it still count? :D

mayness
05-01-2009, 08:43 PM

^^^ That's pretty much what I was going to write, lol.

Spooky
05-01-2009, 08:58 PM
YAY! I'm a lesbian, engaged to the love of my life and happily cohabitating until someone else says it's ok for us to get married. :mad:

But happy there's an LGBT thread now. :carrot:

lizziep
05-02-2009, 04:07 PM
mayness- what does your hubby think about it? i think mine is sometimes a little weirded out. i'm definitely more attracted to women then to men.

mayness
05-04-2009, 03:03 PM
I'm also more attracted to women... and if you ask me, our husbands should be proud and flattered that we decided to marry them even though they're men, lol! ;)

I've been in and out of the closet since my early teenage years... well, in and out of denial. So for the first 5 years of our relationship we thought I was straight. :dizzy: I think my husband was even quicker to accept my sexuality than I was.

My case is also a little unique in that our relationship has some openness/flexibility.. and I can see how it might be a little weird for the partner in a 100% monogamous relationship.

Gypsy Severina
05-04-2009, 11:44 PM
I'm a straight ally and a volunteer at my university's LGBTQ Resource Center and Student Union. It's been a real eye-opener on how much I take for granted in terms of attraction and relationships.

lizziep
05-06-2009, 03:41 AM
mayness- you're right, our husbands should be freaking thrilled. :D
We do not have an open relationship or anything, but that doesn't mean my mind can't occasionally wander. ;)
i came out in high school- i lost a couple of friends, one that was my best friend for like 7 years and was a part of the family, went on vacations with us, etc. that sucked. but it's her loss not mine if you ask me.
when i met my husband i was pretty much convinced i was done with men all together, and i still think that if things don't work out with him and i he'll be the last.

BerkshireGrl
05-06-2009, 08:30 AM
I'm bi :) *waves*

going2Bhealthy
05-14-2009, 08:01 PM
I'm bi too :D

scarlett7308
05-15-2009, 07:03 PM
I'm bi as well. :) *waves*

SillyGirl
05-27-2009, 07:34 PM
pan/omnisexual
Hello~ :3

One Fluffy Chick
06-02-2009, 02:22 AM
I consider myself gay, because "lesbian" just doesn't roll off of the tongue.

megwini
06-02-2009, 02:24 AM
I'm a lesbian... sometimes a little bi-curious maybe, but probably a lesbian.. women are all I have ever really loved and I can't imagine spending my life with anyone else. Go LGBT chicks!

mandalinn82
06-02-2009, 02:34 AM
I'm a very happily married (yes, I'm one of the few) lesbian in CA

megwini
06-11-2009, 10:30 AM
Isn't it terrible with the way they keep instating and revoking the marriage thing? Geez. No one made a big deal of it in Canada, so why must it be such a BIG DEAL in the US? I just don't get it, I really don't. Canada isn't THAT different from the US.

annie96
06-18-2009, 05:05 PM
I'm bi and in a 3 year committed relationship with a wonderful woman. Glad to see others here!!!!!!

CyndiM
06-28-2009, 01:44 PM
About to be married lesbian in Vermont. September 1st we get our license!

BerkshireGrl
06-28-2009, 03:43 PM
About to be married lesbian in Vermont. September 1st we get our license!

:congrat: Yeay!

zanni
06-28-2009, 09:30 PM
I'm a lesbian! .... well I prefer to identify as a Dyke or Queer more often. I'm glad that this post is here!

Kay Chessie
06-29-2009, 02:12 PM
I'm bi as well, though I am refraining from being in a relationship with anyone at the moment, so sexuality just isn't a part of my life that I am even thinking about. I have too much else to focus on, and relationships tend to muck it up for me, historically. lol.

rachinma
06-30-2009, 04:27 PM
This. :dizzy:

Donna rai
06-30-2009, 05:03 PM
I'm a gay woman in a committed relationship for roughly 5 years now. I'm very new to the site, just joined yesterday, and was very happy to see a LGBT thread. Anyone else this new and looking for some support?

MacAttack85
06-30-2009, 05:07 PM
I'm a lesbian, and engaged! I'm so excited that there is a thread out there dedicated to us!! Woohoo!!

Donna rai
06-30-2009, 05:20 PM
I'm a lesbian! .... well I prefer to identify as a Dyke or Queer more often. I'm glad that this post is here!

;)Me, too!

Donna rai
06-30-2009, 05:30 PM
Me, too!

GypsyLove
06-30-2009, 11:17 PM
Does bi curious count as anything? :)

spleenqueen
07-05-2009, 11:19 PM
*raises hand*

keenbean
07-11-2009, 02:43 AM
Queer would be my descriptor of choice :)

aphrodite
07-11-2009, 11:34 AM
I consider myself gay, because "lesbian" just doesn't roll off of the tongue.

Ditto this.

I've been dating my lady for almost exactly 10 months now, after sort of semi-dating for quite a while before that. She's unparalleled so far in everything - ability to listen, to understand, to treat me well. As I said in my intro post, I think there might be an important shiny ring in my future. We are planning on getting a place together asap and then cohabitating until the end of college. I'm a sophomore and she's a freshman.

She's very butch and I'm very not, and it works for us. :carrot:

ifyernasty
07-17-2009, 11:03 PM
I'm a big queermo also cohabitating with a dude, also in an open relationship

FatGirlTale
07-17-2009, 11:07 PM
Bi.

You can marry a man and still be bi. I hate when people make assumptions.

DH teases me but in a very loving way. We sit and talk about hot chicks. We have very similar taste in women.

No open relationship, though. I haven't kissed another person since the first time I kissed my husband (before he was even my boyfriend).

jay41
07-17-2009, 11:26 PM
I'm a lesbian living in Virginia -- yes -- I am an endangered species here...

jandaman
07-21-2009, 04:48 PM
bi and also in relationship with manly man..hmmmm. bi- maybe omnivorous is a better fit *grin*

UrthWurm
07-23-2009, 06:57 PM
Bi, in a relationship, NOT with a man. She was the first person I ever kissed, dated, loved. We have been friends for 4+ years, lovers for just over 1. ^^ We were high school sweethearts. There's a ring involved, a promise ring I suppose.. I wear it on my ring finger to remind me of our commitment which will one day be fulfilled. It's a claddaugh with a ruby heart! When we get married, she's going to finish it off with two diamonds in the crown. :D

I second what someone else said.. she's pretty butch, & I'm not.
See my avatar for a picture of us.

wednesdaymorning
08-07-2009, 10:54 PM
Hey all. I'm bi. But I'm in a relationship with a man. Which, of course, is the definition. I go both ways. Haha. I hate when people assume, too. I just look for love in people. Not "man" or "woman."

dizzysoi
08-08-2009, 12:33 AM
Lesbian, but if I drink enough then bi.

megwini
08-08-2009, 03:14 AM
Lesbian, but if I drink enough then bi.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I wonder how many girls AREN'T bi if they drink enough, regardless of which way they usually swing.

dizzysoi
08-08-2009, 11:04 AM
exactly, because in that state it's not about gender, it's just about touch. lol

kcarlson2w
08-09-2009, 12:29 PM
I'm bisexual and also married to a man. My husband loves it. :)

miss shelly84
08-09-2009, 10:24 PM
I'm a lesbian, currently single. Glad to see this thread here. :)

M

dizzysoi
08-11-2009, 11:49 AM
maybe i spoke too soon. I still like girls more, but I met an amazing guy recently. So easy and nice to be around him. I easily spend hours with him. The longest was probably 24, lol. He only left because he needed to tattoo someone at work.

Frigg
08-11-2009, 12:57 PM
Add another bi/pansexual to the list..

:cofdate:

prinny
08-26-2009, 01:11 AM
Bi.

You can marry a man and still be bi. I hate when people make assumptions.

DH teases me but in a very loving way. We sit and talk about hot chicks. We have very similar taste in women.

No open relationship, though. I haven't kissed another person since the first time I kissed my husband (before he was even my boyfriend).

My husband and I also have the same taste in women. Makes choosing naughty movies a lot easier. ;-)

He just knows that instead of winning out over other men, he won me over everyone!

FitGirlyGirl
09-12-2009, 01:16 AM
bi and poly, married to a man - he's cool with it

Skullarix
09-12-2009, 01:44 AM
I'm bi and poly as well! I thought I was going to be all alone...

petfresh
09-27-2009, 09:32 PM
I'm a gay chick :)

BerkshireGrl
09-28-2009, 12:57 AM
:celebrate:

I just want to say I'm glad you all are here :)

megwini
10-02-2009, 03:22 AM
Okay, so random question for all you LGBT chicks... I'm no longer overweight and look more... normal, I guess? I've always been overweight and didn't have all that much self-confidence, so I NEVER got hit on, not once in my life (or at least, not overtly enough for me to notice!) But now that I'm at a normal BMI and thinner and more confident, I've noticed there's this one guy that is acting like he likes me. I'm not sure, but I just get that feeling.
Now, I'm a lesbian. But since I never had anyone showing interest in me before then, I never had to worry about these kinds of things, so I'm not at all prepared with how to deal with these kinds of situations. He's a really nice guy and fun to talk to, and you know, I can even fall for guys emotionally! It seems like I could do that with him, even. But I'm just not physically attracted to them, you know? A relationship wouldn't last long without any kind of physical chemistry, obviously! But since I CAN get emotionally attached to either gender, now I feel like I don't want to hurt him, but I don't want to lead him on, either.
So how do you chickies deal with guys showing interest in you? Especially really sweet guys. >_< I just don't want to hurt him, but I'm just not attracted to guys, you know?
Ugh.
</rant>

petfresh
10-02-2009, 08:54 AM
Okay, so random question for all you LGBT chicks... I'm no longer overweight and look more... normal, I guess? I've always been overweight and didn't have all that much self-confidence, so I NEVER got hit on, not once in my life (or at least, not overtly enough for me to notice!) But now that I'm at a normal BMI and thinner and more confident, I've noticed there's this one guy that is acting like he likes me. I'm not sure, but I just get that feeling.
Now, I'm a lesbian. But since I never had anyone showing interest in me before then, I never had to worry about these kinds of things, so I'm not at all prepared with how to deal with these kinds of situations. He's a really nice guy and fun to talk to, and you know, I can even fall for guys emotionally! It seems like I could do that with him, even. But I'm just not physically attracted to them, you know? A relationship wouldn't last long without any kind of physical chemistry, obviously! But since I CAN get emotionally attached to either gender, now I feel like I don't want to hurt him, but I don't want to lead him on, either.
So how do you chickies deal with guys showing interest in you? Especially really sweet guys. >_< I just don't want to hurt him, but I'm just not attracted to guys, you know?
Ugh.
</rant>

Hmmm, welll maybe you should point out that you like women. It would be hard for him to take that personally since it is no error or shortcoming on his part. I've had that problem before and i know how icky it can be. If you aren't out, maybe just tell him that you aren't really interested in a relationship. Before I was out, I just kind of ignored the issue or told them I wasn't ready for it . Felt guilty but hey, what can ya do. Good luck, though.

FitGirlyGirl
10-02-2009, 04:21 PM
I would just be honest with him. Include the fact that you can be emotionally attracted to him, just not physically. If you guys can have an open honest discussion about it then you can see where it goes from there.

CapriPants
10-18-2009, 12:13 AM
Another lezbo here!!!

StephanieM
10-18-2009, 06:56 PM
I'm attracted to people, not a specifici gender. I guess you would call that bi. I've had girlfiends and boyfriends.

Right now I have a boyfriend of over two years :)

carter
10-21-2009, 03:59 PM
I'm attracted to people, not a specifici gender.

I hate it when people say this; it suggests that those of us who are hard-wired for one gender or another are somehow superficial or narrow-minded or not "attracted to people". I'm not saying you personally feel that way, Stephanie; but I am asking that you be aware of the implications of your language when you refer to yourself this way.

Sexually, I like women. Not *all* women, obviously - who the woman is as a person matters just as much to me as to you. But the fact remains that only women get me going. Even if a man is the most wonderful human being in the world, I'm just not going to be sexually attracted to him. I know this all too well, from painful personal experience. All the love in the world is not enough to change my hard-wired sexual orientation.

This doesn't make me shallow, and it doesn't mean I'm just attracted by gender and not by what's inside the person. It just makes me a lesbian.

I guess that's my introduction to this forum. Hi, folks.

FitGirlyGirl
10-22-2009, 12:51 PM
Carter, I feel the same way, and I'm bi. My hubby ran across someone who had said that recently and his reaction was "and what, I'm attracted to mongeese?" No offense Stephanie, I'm sure you did not mean it that way.

Mikayla
10-22-2009, 08:06 PM
I'm bi, married to a man. I'm glad to see there are others sometimes I feel like I'm the only women in the world that is happy with her man, but still finds women attractive. Most everyone I know in real life just doesn't understand. In fact I have a friend that it makes her so uncomfortable if I even mention that I think a women is pretty, so I don't. It's kinda sad when I type it out.

ResilientWoman
11-10-2009, 10:44 AM
:) Glad to see this thread. I agree with poster who said, "lesbian just doesn't roll off the tongue." lol

I wore only men's clothes for 10 years. Then, 4 months pregnant, I walked into the Big & Tall Casual Male and had a major culture shock when I realized that they had no maternity clothing. I may never live that moment down with friends who were with me for the shopping trip. lol :o

Daughter is 4 yo now. :cool: Finally found the resources I need to heal my body and obtain the health I so richly deserve. Making progress toward my goals, planning to return to college to become a doctor next Fall. In the mean time, I'm ready to start dating again. Have actually gone out a few times but have run into folk that I couldn't keep up with and those that found my daughter and I more active than they were comfortable with dating.

Has anyone had this problem while losing a lot of weight, that dating got more complicated temporarily? :?:

IWantToLiveItNotDiet
11-15-2009, 02:44 PM
Hi all! I am engaged to a wonderful woman! Not legal in Wisconsin YET...but I am sure that someday it will be!

If there is anyone from Wisconsin (or midwest) looking for support this winter, let me know!

GLAD to see this post here :)

ResilientWoman
11-17-2009, 01:33 AM
Sorry, I'm in the PNW, near Seattle. Welcome to 3FC, Alternachicks & LGBT Chicks. I only recently joined but folks seem friendly and helpful.

ICUwishing
11-24-2009, 11:46 AM
IWantToLive - your avatar totally cracks me up ... I want it on a t-shirt!

I describe myself as "serially monogamous." If I weren't married (at the moment), I'd probably need to say bi if I were to be honest about it.

Katarina
11-27-2009, 11:42 AM
Yep, there are some of us here. :) I'm bi, I'm married to a man, he is well aware of my sexuality, we have a relationship with some openness and lots of communication, and it is all good. :-D

~Kat

Of course it counts!! When you are single and not having any contact with either gender, does that make you asexual? No. So, even if you aren't with the same sex, that doesn't change your sexuality. :)

alhiser
01-06-2010, 03:40 PM
bi here- happily married and monogamous to a bi man. ♥

Aiela
01-11-2010, 07:50 AM
Hey there. :) Bi, married and polyamorous with a wonderful girlfriend (and boyfriend, her husband.)

Jaimie
01-15-2010, 07:01 PM
I'm bisexual, but I prefer women over men.

KicknKnit
01-20-2010, 04:16 PM
Hi! :)

fiveminutes
01-21-2010, 12:52 PM
lesbian/gay/whatever here. lesbian doesn't roll off the tongue as well as gay does. plus gay is only one syllable, must be why :)

Leontina
01-23-2010, 02:45 PM
I'm anthro/pan-sexual ^_^ And currently single
Glad to see this thread :)

megwini
01-23-2010, 04:16 PM
I'm anthro/pan-sexual ^_^ And currently single
Glad to see this thread :)

Pardon my ignorance... I know what pansexual is, but is anthrosexual the same thing? Whenever I hear anthro, all I can think about is anthropology! :lol:

fiveminutes
01-23-2010, 05:54 PM
Pardon my ignorance... I know what pansexual is, but is anthrosexual the same thing? Whenever I hear anthro, all I can think about is anthropology! :lol:

anthropansexual is the same thing as pansexual

Leontina
01-24-2010, 11:29 AM
Yeah, they pretty much are the same thing. Except anthro = human, pan = all. Anthrosexual seems a better word but pansexual rolls off the tongue easier :P

Sskar
01-24-2010, 07:49 PM
There is a posting on general chatter forum today asking how long you were with your "DH" before you got married. Have to admit I'm almost offended. My partner of 20 years and I can't get married in the U.S (and have it recognized in our state). I would like to join in the conversation but am obviously excluded by the hetero nature of the thread. Can't decide if I want to invade it or just ignore it. I'm getting tired of being excluded...

BerkshireGrl
01-24-2010, 11:23 PM
There is a posting on general chatter forum today asking how long you were with your "DH" before you got married... I would like to join in the conversation but am obviously excluded by the hetero nature of the thread.

I would just comment in it with my DP or DG - or you could say DW and explain why that's not unfortunately not yet the case. I say go for it!

ETA: But it looks like the thread says, in a gender-neutral way, "For those that are married... How long were you together before you got married?" If you mean the one here (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/191446-those-married.html), that is.

Just because the majority of the responders are hetero, I wouldn't let that hold you back.

jlady
01-26-2010, 12:56 PM
due to the nature of the site and the support we all give each other - i say go for it. *we* are everywhere. encountering a LGBT person is a norm for most people in the US at one time or another. this is not to say all will like it. point being, i believe if someone replies with a snarky remark, there are plenty of folks who have your back. do it do it!

BerkshireGrl
01-26-2010, 01:21 PM
Good for you for posting, Sskar! :D I hope to see in my lifetime that the US states that banned gay marriage roll back their bigotry.

mandalinn82
01-26-2010, 02:03 PM
I *always* respond to those threads. Just preface it with "DW" or whatever. Never once has anyone told me I didn't belong or shouldn't post. I figure that it both reminds people that not everyone falls into a heteronormative description of a "couple", and makes discussion of other forms of couples a less-strange occurrence and more normal.

bbigham
01-26-2010, 11:56 PM
I'm lesbian, and my partner and I will be celebrating our 24th anniversary this year! We started off as two young, thin and beautiful women and grown into two mature, heavy and still beautiful crones! I'm dieting -- she's not. But she's very supportive and I have a feeling she'll lose as well since I do most of the cooking <G>

By the way ... I'm of the generation that still has bad associations with the words "queer" and "dyke" so I usually avoid them. I'm use either gay or lesbian. Then again, I'm too old to use "grrls" or words like that! Well, not too old ... just too set in my ways.

Also, what the heck is a DH? I tried googling it and the Urban Dictionary was the number one hit and it said "Di*khead" -- I can't believe that's what everyone here means by that.

BerkshireGrl
01-27-2010, 03:35 AM
Also, what the heck is a DH? I tried googling it and the Urban Dictionary was the number one hit and it said "Di*khead" -- I can't believe that's what everyone here means by that.

Heh! It means Dear Husband usually. Or on iffy days, Dang (ahem) Husband.

Sskar
01-27-2010, 04:08 AM
Thanks for the encouragement! Although my posting seems to have been a thread killer LOL

highflyer
04-17-2010, 02:11 AM
Hello. My partner and I have been together for 6 years. I'm the chubbier one of the bunch. She loves me for who I am, and enjoys that I'm a bigger girl but she has no problems with me if I said I'd like to change and lose some weight. She's in the normal range and I hate her for it, haha.

ResilientWoman
04-18-2010, 12:36 AM
My gmail account joyously announced activity on this thread and I clicked in like I hadn't been AWOL for weeks. Ha-loooo!

Single, disabled dyke mom to a precocious 4 1/2 yo daughter, living/laughing in Seattle, preparing for returning to college and med school at that.

Currently enjoying melting off each inch and pound for a healthy, mobile, functional body that will empower my dreams.

Did I say *SINGLE*, tell your friends. LOL

RW

BerkshireGrl
04-18-2010, 11:17 PM
Single, disabled dyke mom to a precocious 4 1/2 yo daughter, living/laughing in Seattle, preparing for returning to college and med school at that.

Your goals are fantastic! Best of luck! :D (in school and in the dating waters, heh!)

PlatinumGi
04-21-2010, 09:11 AM
Hey everyone !! Ok so I have a question and it might be silly but I'm gonna ask anyway. I'm from NY, about 30 mins outside Manhattan and my partner and I will be moving to FL, the Miami or Fort Lauderdale area. My question is....are there gay people in FL ? lol I mean I'm used to NY so I just want some comfort and knowing we won't be alone down there !! I know I'm just being crazy but it's a big move for us and I want us to be comfy....ya know ?

jj1814
04-27-2010, 08:57 PM
Hi! :) Lesbian over here

Skyra
04-29-2010, 01:52 AM
Hi! Well, um, I've always thought I was bi, probably because I was raised in a strict conservative household, so I was kind of raised to think of being gay as a "bad" thing ... I've been attracted to women since high school but I kind of figured I would end up with a man eventually because that's what I was "supposed" to do (my parents' words, not mine)... anyway, just very recently I'm starting to think I might be a lesbian, not bi. It seems like knowing which I am should be simple, but it isn't! Questioning it all can be such a pain in the you-know-what sometimes.

Anyway, hello to all of you. It's great knowing there are fellow GLBT people here. :)

BerkshireGrl
04-29-2010, 08:33 AM
Skyra, I was attracted to girls in grade school, but didn't date my first woman until I was 28! ;)

Best wishes on your questioning journey :)

grrrkgrrrl
04-29-2010, 01:00 PM
;) coming out of the forum closet to say hi, girls, howyadoin?

Cherry in STL
04-29-2010, 11:32 PM
Hey girls I'm bi! Though, most days I think I could easily give up men all together ...

Skyra
05-01-2010, 03:34 PM
BerkshireGrl -- thanks for the reassurance! I appreciate it :)

AriesBarb
05-09-2010, 06:54 PM
Hi Everyone!

I am here asking for ideas, support, conversation, just a connection with others. I am a 45 year old overweight lesbian.

I am happily partnered, and a mother to five children with three still at home.

Two years ago I lost over 40 pounds, and now I have gained it all back again and am so frustrated with myself for allowing that to happen. I feel like I am so fat I can't even stand myself anymore. I am 5'10 and currently at 235 pounds. I NEED to be at around 160 or so. This seems so overwhelming.

Also, I work from home and hardly ever socialize. I feel really isolated and I don't have much desire to get out and mingle with people when I look like this mess anyway. Today I got up and decided I HAVE to find a way to stop this cycle of weight problems that make me miserable. I feel like I am running out of time to enjoy life, and the weight is keeping me from that. So, if anyone on here wants to write and offer whatever... ideas, suggestions, encouragement, just a connection with the outside world with those who understand, I would appreciate it.

Thanks for listening... Barb

CyndiM
05-09-2010, 07:05 PM
Hi Barb-

Welcome! I know what you mean. I was up and down and up and down, screwed my knees up, back problems, no energy, just really frustrating. The good news is that you are not running out of time, now is the perfect time! I was 46 when I finally grabbed the bull by the horns and decided to take control of my health.

Sounds like you are ready for that leap, making the decision to change your life. It really has to be a lifestyle change, not just a diet. Bet you know that already :) I needed to find a plan I could really live with the rest of my life. With a diabetic partner and a lifestyle that already included lots of vegetables and whole foods South Beach was a perfect fit for me. For other people Weight watchers, low carb, or calorie counting are the way to go. Check out some of the plan specific forums to see if something clicks for you. You may change along the way, add new tools or even whole new "diets" but you need something to start with. Something that adapts to a family will be important. I'm sure you don't need the frustration of cooking different dinners!

Once you settle into a plan you will want to start thinking about exercise and making a little time for you. One step at a time though, that's the best way to approach this journey IMO. Feel free to PM me anytime. I'm always happy to be a one woman cheering squad :)

AriesBarb
05-10-2010, 12:10 AM
Thanks Cyndi...

Yes, I will actually be cooking separate meals.. that is one of the reasons this is so hard. My kids will only eat certain things, they don't mind SOME healthy food, but pasta's and quick foods we have had a lot of. I know our eating habits and food choices are terrible. I can change mine, but putting a vegetable in front of these kids is a joke most of the time and I end up throwing them out. If I would have raised them from day one with learning to eat better it would have been easier. But, I had terrible habits I passed down. They are used to Hamburger Helper, canned pastas, and corn dogs, and now its hard to tell them after all this time we are suddenly changing everything.

How long ago did you meet your weight goal.... ?

The only thing I am trying to do now is eat no greasy stuff and walk on my treadmill every day and lift weights every other day and eat as many fresh fruits and vegetables as possible. That's about all I know how to do.. it worked the last time, I lost 40 pounds, then I just got burnt out on seeming like I could never have anything good, I said screw it, and gained it back as soon as I changed back to my old eating habits... which I now regret.

I appreciate SO MUCH having a one woman cheering squad! I'll take you up on that! Thanks!! Barb

Blackberry Fields
05-11-2010, 05:13 PM
Hi! *waves*

I'm... in love with a woman. I'm physically bisexual (er... maybe? I've never been attracted to women before I met her and I'm still not attracted to any women aside from her, they do nothing for me), but since I've never been in love with anybody else before, I wouldn't know if the same thing applies to emotions. Yeah... let's just call me bisexual. :dizzy:

My main focus is health and falling in love for the first time has been a big motivator to take better care of myself.

ThatJillianGirl
05-29-2010, 12:30 PM
Hi ladies :)
I'm totally new to this website, came across it through google just this morning and joined. Looks awesome here.

Found this board/thread almost immediately- glad it exists!

I'm Jillian (31) and a lesbian. Currently loving someone who is out of reach for me, and unhappy about that... but working through it every day :)

I don't have a ton of weight to lose.. perhaps 15 to 20 pounds, but it's been a struggle for me for quite some time. Great to find it here for advice/support!

Irishowl
05-30-2010, 09:15 PM
I've been away from this site for a while and regained some of my lost weight as a result! I'm Shannon (34) and a lesbian. My wife and I have been together for 6 years and legally married since August 2008. I'm trying to get back on the wagon and lose some more weight. I've been trying to get pregnant for over a year now without much luck so I'm hoping the weight loss will help. I'm glad I found this thread!

Shannon

chicpanda
05-31-2010, 06:39 AM
It's nice to know if the Age 50 + group kicks me out (I just came out to them)
I have a home here.

CyndiM
05-31-2010, 08:06 AM
I was a little concerned at first but everyone around here has been wonderful and very supportive. I know some of those 50s Chicks and look forward to joining the forum next year. Welcome :)

Blackberry Fields
06-01-2010, 05:30 AM
Welcome, everyone!

I'm happy to see this thread moving, I was worried I'd killed it when I showed up. :o

ThatJillianGirl
06-03-2010, 10:01 AM
I hope it moves! I know I'm new here, but it'd be a great "home" to have!

Chicpanda (I'm so sorry I don't know your real name).. congrats on coming out :) I know, it's hard to do! But, I bet it felt so good.

Blackberry Fields
06-03-2010, 02:13 PM
Well... on the subject of coming out... I've been talking recently to a friend who is questioning and she said what she dreads most is the gossip from acquaintances and co-workers. She has very loving and open-minded close friends, it's the wider circle's gossip that scares her because she HATES being the center of attention and being the subject of gossip in general, let alone on a subject as personal as sexuality. (She lives in Hollywood, so it's not a violent reaction she fears or anything like that...) I recommended talking to someone who's already out and can maybe reassure her, but she's painfully shy. I figured I'd pick your brains instead.

There's nothing to out as far as I'm concerned since I have no idea where I fit in myself. The woman I love... I have no hope of her ever wanting a relationship with me. I'd be proud to come out as bisexual and in love with her so we can live openly as a couple but the couple part ain't happening and I'm only physically attracted to men (so far) so... *shrug* I can't be of much help to her. On top of all that, I'm a loner and have exactly one friend (and I'd never worry about her knowing, in fact she probably does already) and could care less about gossip and what people think of me. You guys have already gone through this experience so maybe I can use your words of wisdom to help my friend if she ever decides to take the leap or figures out if the emotional pull she feels towards women can be clearly defined somehow.

ThatJillianGirl
06-04-2010, 08:39 AM
It's so hard to give advice, or say what we (I?) think she should do.. because, really.. only she can tell. I think it's a great idea to come out to someone that's already out.. that would probably make her feel more comfortable. The first time I came out I did the same, to a girl friend of mine who was out. And I actually did it through e-mail, because I was nervous. I was able to get down thoughts and tell her/someone... without feeling pressured, without seeing her face, etc. It's scary that first time! I've been out for 10+ years now, since my very early 20's.. and now when I have to tell someone, I do it with pride and confidence.. but, it wasn't like that in the beginning.

I know for *ME*, I can't hide. I felt this.. weight.. on my chest before I came out. I felt like I wasn't being true to me.. so it was something *I* had to do. But, I know some people can hide for a very long time and never come out.

It really depends on her. If she WANTS to come out, she should.. people might talk, sure.. but really.. it ends quickly. She just needs to find someone she's comfortable with. (I wish I knew her! lol.. I would help!!).

Good luck to her :)

ScarletBloodDoll
06-10-2010, 10:17 AM
Hi Ladies -
Been trying to find a support group to fit into but nothing really fit.
I'm Gay/Lesbian and single. I would love to date someone but I am seriously injured and am hoping to lose weight and heal.

*Waves to All*

gshillitani
06-17-2010, 11:00 AM
Great thread! I'm 42, been with my partner for 9 wonderful years. I came out to my mother when I was 15 and she was horrified so I stayed quiet for quite a few years after that. Now I'm just sort of me... I don't go out of my way to tell people, but if they ask I tell the truth. My partner is butch and gets called "sir" often, so I think people just assume we're a str8 couple. So I guess that makes me a wimp in the LGBT society, but I'm just not the "in your face" type LOL

Nice to "meet" y'all. Oh and yes, there are gay people in FL, especially in the Miami area of South Beach. I live in West Central FL and there are gay people here too, but there are more in Miami.

Bluey
06-30-2010, 06:29 AM
I am married to a man - 10yrs in August, he lives in america, and i am in a committed relationship with a wonderful woman - 2.5yrs who i live with here in australia.

I consider myself sexually fluid - i go with the flow, what feels right and who feels right.

My husband has always know i prefer women, and has said he would rather share me than lose me.

My partner hates that i am still married, but understands why.

For the most part it works fine, i have always been honest with them both, but people often only believe what they want to believe so that can be kinda special. :)

gshilltani - my partner gets called sir all the time, drives her crazy.

ResilientWoman
07-10-2010, 07:43 AM
Hi Everyone!

I am here asking for ideas, support, conversation, just a connection with others. I am a 45 year old overweight lesbian.

I am happily partnered, and a mother to five children with three still at home.

Two years ago I lost over 40 pounds, and now I have gained it all back again and am so frustrated with myself for allowing that to happen. I feel like I am so fat I can't even stand myself anymore. I am 5'10 and currently at 235 pounds. I NEED to be at around 160 or so. This seems so overwhelming.

Also, I work from home and hardly ever socialize. I feel really isolated and I don't have much desire to get out and mingle with people when I look like this mess anyway. Today I got up and decided I HAVE to find a way to stop this cycle of weight problems that make me miserable. I feel like I am running out of time to enjoy life, and the weight is keeping me from that. So, if anyone on here wants to write and offer whatever... ideas, suggestions, encouragement, just a connection with the outside world with those who understand, I would appreciate it.

Thanks for listening... Barb

I'm 43, have an almost 5 yo. I was disabled from air pollution damage to my lungs before I became pregnant. I almost died 3 days after giving birth from a bad reaction to the emergency C-sec meds. I lost my entire 'village' when my daughter turned 2, became homeless for almost a year. Lost my job when my daughter turned 3 and have been unable to become employed again since then. Couch surfing with a semi-retired service dog, a cat and a kid in diapers is one definition of a living ****.

We've been re-homed, post tragedy, for 2 years now. We're alone, just the 2 of us, the ancient dog and the cat. We're only now stable enough in our lives to grieve the loss of 2 best friends/donors, my daughter's godmother, our home, our community connections, our queer inclusive neighborhood, the entire way of being in the world that ended suddenly and painfully.

I have mobility limitations that are getting less limiting all the time. We spend a lot of time at home, a lot of time active with the Seattle Area Lesbian Mom's group/Single Parenting Group in and around Seattle. We have a few good friends whom we retained through the crisis.

Being temporarily unable to work at anything other than my medical issues and raising/home-schooling my daughter, I get so isolated that I scare off strangers at the supermarket trying to relate socially in a quasi-Southern cultural way. I'm always up to chatting, emails, whatever.

I know that when I'm back in college, things will shift socially for the better. Till then, I'm lifting Kettlebells, practicing my Z-Health maneuvers, working out once a week with a RKC/Z-Health certified personal trainer who functions as a rehab specialist. We've been re-training, repairing, restoring my body for a year and it's gotten much stronger and more capable of daily life.

I wish for social access to people in my neck of the woods who would appreciate our family's passion for urban sustainability/alpacas/goats/chickens/etc.

Also my daughter is profoundly gifted and we often don't fit into the rhythms of the lives of those who aren't striving to reach their own potential. My daughter has a passion for learning multiple languages, architecture, Irish dancing, all things musical, lifting Kettlebells, soccer, dressage and especially her Mandarin culture.

I'm training to keep up, LOL. ;)

BeatnikMama
08-06-2010, 01:05 PM
Bi here...but I like that sexually fluid description lol ...I've been married to my DH for 6 years but he doesnt know I'm bi, he knows i find girls attractive but to what extent he doesn't. I'm not ashamed to tell him , I just dont want him to be worried after being together I suddenly come out and now i wanna get with every girl in sight. It's been a long journey for me to come to this relization about myself and I'm more than okay with it , I'm just worried he would doubt my commitment to him if he suddenly found out I was attracted to women. Sometimes I wish I had someone to talk to because it still feels like I've put this part of me away, never to be indulged or fulfilled. I'm very much in love and happy with my husband and would never want to be with out him, but I cant help but feeling I've denied myself something my entire life to this point and now I'll never know that part of myself fully......wow sad story for a happy thread, sorry ladies!!! :o

ResilientWoman
08-06-2010, 03:00 PM
Sometimes I wish I had someone to talk to because it still feels like I've put this part of me away, never to be indulged or fulfilled. I'm very much in love and happy with my husband and would never want to be with out him, but I cant help but feeling I've denied myself something my entire life to this point and now I'll never know that part of myself fully......wow sad story for a happy thread, sorry ladies!!! :o

"To thine own self be true and it can'st not help but follow as the day doeth the night that then thou can'st be false to any(one)"

Most people attribute the second quote to Shakespeare but it was originally carved on the temple walls to the Goddess and he copied it.

In my experience whatever made your husband fall in love with you included those parts you would come to know. Denying even part of our self awareness leads to resentment which has not aided any relationship that I have had to date. If you have been trustworthy thus far in your marriage, telling your spouse the truth might just help your relationship (and it might not) but telling yourself the truth is essential and I'm glad we have a forum, cheerful or not, where you felt safe to do so.

Welcome to the queer rainbow tribe my bi sister. Here for you if you need a shoulder or a friend. 3FC is very good at support.

Hugs,
RW

BeatnikMama
08-06-2010, 06:39 PM
Thank you so much for that! That was the first time I've said it out loud {or typed as it were} ....thank you for your kind words, glad to be a part of the tribe!

Shades
08-29-2010, 01:44 AM
I am a lesbian. I met my partner in 1998 and we have lived together for 10 very hapy years:)
I feel very blessed in life in so many ways, and being overweight is the only thing I would change.
I was half the weight I am now when I met my partner, so she has really had to get used to me being very different.
Inside of me, is still that slim healthy person she met 12 years ago.
I know she would be dead chuffed if I lost some weight although I know she loves me whatever size I am.
It helps to spur you on,I think when you have someone you love encouraging you.

ResilientWoman
08-29-2010, 02:14 AM
I am a lesbian....I know she would be dead chuffed if I lost some weight although I know she loves me whatever size I am.
It helps to spur you on,I think when you have someone you love encouraging you.

You are blessed indeed. My daughter is my biggest cheerleader.

Curiously Joyful
09-05-2010, 03:00 AM
Single divorced-from-a-man lesbian mother of three here.

ResilientWoman
09-05-2010, 04:18 AM
Hi, Curiously Joyful, Welcome.

This thread isn't very active, but it could be. I'm on daily to post in the monthly exercise challenge. I've been doing this for most of this year and find it really helps me achieve my health goals. You're at the same weight I started at in January. I'm down a little since then. I love the support I receive from everyone here. Great mentors, so many who used to be my heaviest weight or even heavier who are now in maintenance.

Hope you have as much ease connecting here as I do.

RW

MissChief
09-06-2010, 09:39 PM
Proudly putting the B in LBGT :-)

ResilientWoman
09-06-2010, 09:57 PM
Welcome!

mamadoll
09-08-2010, 05:08 PM
Hey ladies :D

Introducing myself,

Another Bi-Chick-Married-To-A-Man here. My husband is quite supportive and understands that I am generally more attracted to females than males. (and honestly considers himself lucky!)

I've only been on 3FC for about a month, but I am glad to have found this thread!

Persicae
09-08-2010, 10:05 PM
Bi-sexual right here. I've been with my girlfriend for almost a year. :D

ResilientWoman
09-09-2010, 02:32 AM
Welcome, Persicae.

mamadoll
09-09-2010, 11:29 AM
Yeah.. welcome..

ResilientWoman
09-09-2010, 03:26 PM
I was wondering what support or what issues around being LGBT connect for all of us with our health/body issues. For me the stress of not coming out caused me to put on a lot of weight. I was at my healthiest before I became aware of how dangerous it was for me to live from a place of authenticity.

I've been out since 1994 and have a safer life full of integrity now but when I was a youth, I was terrified and ate my fear until I became morbidly obese. I was criticized socially for enjoying building muscles, for enjoying strength and for having an opinion. I responded by getting ulcers as a 9 year old by trying to be someone I wasn't in order to survive. Makes me look at our youth today with a differently informed eye.

How does your orientation and your social support system affect your weight or health?

Samve
09-20-2010, 10:23 AM
Hi everyone,

I am gay (lesbian) and have been married to my partner for 3 years now, we have been together for 4 years though. We have a (almost) 2 year old son together.

Well, the comfort of marriage and then pregnancy has not been kind to my body! We would like to have another baby but my weight is standing in the way (pcos & insulin resistance - solved by losing weight). We spent thousands on fertility treatments and IUI's last year and the beginning of this year to no avail. We will probably try again next year but I have to lose the weight 1st.

I am glad to have found this forum with like-minded people! Looking forward to chatting with all of you!

annputation
10-05-2010, 04:37 PM
Hi!! New to this site, though it's almost been a week already. I'm bisexual and a proud member of PFLAG. Right now I'm single, but I'm looking forward to dating again.

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w1HksXF/weight.png
(http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w1HksXF/)

I think people should feel beautiful now matter what they weigh, though it's more healthy to be within the normal BMI.
I'm a new RN and moving to Oakland soon to be around my friends and a night-life again!

One for every five pounds lost
:spid::spid::spid::spid::spid:
:spid:

hippieheart
10-26-2010, 10:44 PM
New to the group.. Consider myself pan/omni-sexual. Been with my partner 2 years now. Trying to lose some weight and get "me" back :-)

xDxxTx
10-27-2010, 02:54 PM
If y'all know what I'm talking about, I'm a queer "trans" guy who is married to a queer "trans" lady. We're just really cute.

And I'm also glad this post is here - we're not alone!

ResilientWoman
10-27-2010, 05:49 PM
Welcome!

doppio
11-02-2010, 08:52 PM
FTM here, yes, yes. :>

leopardtuks
11-02-2010, 09:48 PM
bisexual baby mama here. :D

BerkshireGrl
11-05-2010, 08:50 PM
Glad to see people posting away in this thread! :) (Bisexual myself.)