Weight Loss Support - So, I posted some pictures today...

Dianeofnka
04-26-2009, 10:07 PM
...and I discovered that I'm having a little bit of trouble seeing anything different.

My friends have been asking for pictures of my weight change. So today I dug out a picture from last July (when we were on vacation, and I came to the realization that That Body Was Not My Body, which sparked my exercise and diet change) and one from today. They're on my blog, here (http://www.nobody-knows-anything.com/2009/04/a-couple-of-pix.html).

I know that these are not the best pictures in the world. I'm hiding behind my kids in one, I'm not wearing similar clothes, I'm not in the same pose, etc., etc.

But I don't see any difference. There's about 32 pounds of difference there, and I know I feel it -- I don't want to go back to the way I looked or felt then. But I don't really see it in these pix.

itsux2bfat
04-26-2009, 10:13 PM
I can definitely see the difference, Diane! Your face, your arms, your chest ... all the non-hidden parts. :D So I assume the difference in the rest of you is probably even greater!

Congratulations on your loss so far--you look GREAT. And you're making excellent progress against your mileage goal, too, I see.

Thanks for the inspiration.

SkinnyLibby
04-26-2009, 10:21 PM
There is a HUGE difference through your hip area especially, those saddlebags are COMPLETELY GONE. You look so trim and fit. I bet if you could see your arms/waist, there would be a similar change. Your face also looks leaner...

Go girl! Good stuff.

WildThings
04-26-2009, 10:30 PM
I can definitely see a difference...even with the long sleeve shirt on in the second picture, I can even tells that your arms are more fit and trim. Keep up the great job!

mamaspank
04-26-2009, 10:36 PM
There is a big difference! You are much leaner and sleeker looking now. I felt the same way about my pics. Sometimes it just takes an outside opinion. You look great!

Dianeofnka
04-26-2009, 10:46 PM
Yes, I've had several friends ask me, "Are you HIGH?" (Not an exact quote.) But it is hard for me to see. Maybe if I put a blue circle over the face, so I don't see that it's ME...

Sunrose
04-26-2009, 10:52 PM
Yes, I can see a big difference in your face and arms and you just generally look heathier! You are doing a great job! Keep it up! :carrot:

blackbutterfly
04-26-2009, 11:42 PM
i can see it!

flatiron
04-27-2009, 01:46 AM
I can see a difference. Your face is definitely thinner and while it is hard to see your body in the first pic the second one you definitely look more toned up.

If your friends see you everyday the change is so gradual they won't see it. You won't see it either because you see your self in the mirror or reflections all the time.

I have lost 50 pounds and I swear I can't see a difference in the mirror but many friends that I don't see much like only a few times a year all notice I have lost weight but I for the life of me cannot see it when I look in the mirror.

Take my word for it I don't have a reason to lie to you, you look more fit! :carrot:

cfmama
04-27-2009, 01:53 AM
The difference is freaking huge!!!! You look fantastic :)

GradPhase
04-27-2009, 01:57 AM
You're built just like me!!

And you should just draw those big blue circles over the faces already so you can SEE what an AWESOME job you're doing!! it's TOTALLY noticable!!

MoonGirl
04-27-2009, 03:13 AM
****ing ****!! You look gorgeous!

How did you do it? Tell me, tell me, tell me!!

:dizzy:

mayness
04-27-2009, 10:43 AM
The first thing I noticed was your arms... it's kinda hard to tell in the second picture, but I think they look A LOT smaller!

I can also see it in your face and neck, and I'm betting your legs didn't look that lean and muscular before. Actually, your legs look just like mine did when I got near my goal weight once before... and it's giving me some extra motivation now to get back there. :)

Thighs Be Gone
04-27-2009, 10:47 AM
You gotta be kidding me. I can completely tell the difference and I don't lie when it comes to weight!!! :)

LittleMoonRabbit
04-27-2009, 11:15 AM
haha, no offense but how can you NOT see a difference??? You look abso-freakin-lutely fantastic!!! Awesome job so far! You should be so proud!!!

Dianeofnka
04-27-2009, 11:47 AM
Thank you for all the compliments -- I swear I didn't post this to get compliments! It's really about not seeing a difference. I guess I have to look for pictures with more similar poses/clothes (or more recent pictures where I'm wearing less ;) -- man, do I regret not taking "before" photos).

How did you do it? Tell me, tell me, tell me!!

When people ask me that these days, I give the boring answer, "Eat less, move more." I started back on a 3-day-a-week weight lifting program in August -- honestly, this has much more effect on me than cardio does; I never get the fabulous results from running that other people report. I do run 3-4 days a week as well.

Most importantly (I think), I started writing everything I ate down, aiming for 1400-1800 calories a day. I've used FitDay and SparkPeople.

Of course, now that I've stopped writing down everything I eat...I seem to have hit a bit of a plateau! Funny how that works. :lol:

sweetandspicy
04-27-2009, 11:54 AM
Congratulations. You look fantastic and I can definately see a difference.

midwife
04-27-2009, 12:10 PM
I do see a difference! In your face and thighs and arms! You are beautiful in both pictures. Cute kids too!

Oh, and totally off topic, but a Snarkling!! Here on 3FC! I miss Miss Snark so much!

Fressca
04-27-2009, 12:25 PM
There is DEFINITELY a difference - face, arms, chest and leg :D. Way to go!

jennsreadytolose
04-27-2009, 12:29 PM
I noticed immediately lol, you look awesome. I definitely see it in your face and waist. Great job!

WhitePicketFences
04-27-2009, 01:47 PM
Oh, yes; it is obvious. (Also, you do look significantly younger!)

I think that with snapshots, the pose and clothes are bolder as pics progress and that you might have had more of a 'wow' moment yourself if they were planned, correlating photos.

I know, because I was a little disappointed at my pictures even though I could literally tell the difference -- I wanted it to be more dramatic, I guess. Then I realized that in my fattest photo I was wearing a sweatshirt and pants, in the middle photo I was wearing a skirt with tights, and then in my most recent one I was wearing my workout shorts. I 'hid' more the fatter I was. That alone is a big difference.

daydreamer
04-27-2009, 02:18 PM
Major difference!

Isn't funny how our mind tricks us into not seeing what is there, or seeing what is not there..... lol.

Niki4184
04-27-2009, 02:20 PM
Your face and your arms have a huge difference. I can definitely see the change.