Dieting with Obstacles - Fibromyalgia #184

View Full Version : Fibromyalgia #184

Happy Canuk
04-26-2009, 04:30 PM
Hello again. :carrot:

Mima
04-27-2009, 07:31 AM
Thanks, Anne.
Nice quiet day yesterday-church and eating out.
Tenant came over -I was hoping she was waiting til Sat but she's coming Friday-sure she has to get out of her other place. My gf is coming this morning.
Gotta get dressed. Bye for now. Mima

Joanne D
04-27-2009, 10:22 AM
Hello Everybody.. This will be short.. Got to go to W/M I think that is my second home.. I wanted to buy some fabric a couple days ago. Not a sight of a clerk.. I am sure they wouldn't want me to cut my own.. I'll try again today..
Back Later...Joanne

Kate53
04-27-2009, 01:29 PM
Good afternoon all. Only down 1/2 pound this month but I am sure it is because I have been eating more than usual. I will definitely have to get back in gear to drop at least 5 pounds this month. Had to have another blood test for my potassium after I left the doctor's office. He will call me with the results later today. Did some errands, came home and ate lunch and now I have to take the Queen for a quickie. Hate to say it, but I am feeling very tired today. I really feel like taking a nap.....but I know as soon as I lay down, the phone will start to ring! Oh well, will try it anyhow! Thanks for starting another thread Anne. Hope all is well with everyone. Very hot and windy here today. No rain in sight and we are having wildfires everywhere. Keep praying for rain for us, ladies! We desperately need it down here. Will check back later. Must be the Monday blahs today....

migotokokoro
04-27-2009, 05:45 PM
Hello. ^_^ I was previously on this site because I need to lose weight. Now I have the issue of losing weight with fibromyalgia. I was just diagnosed last Thursday. I'm 18 years old 5'5" and 200lbs. After reading about fibromyalgia and talking with others that have it I'm going to try and maintain a diet of organic food and really try to cut out the things I usually eat that aren't good for me. I've been trying not to eat high fructose corn syrup or any other bad chemicals. I didn't drink diet soda for about a day and a half to two days but my body had a withdrawal and I had a huge headache and was nauseous and unable to eat. I allowed myself one soda that day, but I'm going to try and drink one soda every other day for a week or two, and then cut it down to half a soda until I can just force it out of my diet. Anyways if any of you have any tips for me I'd really appreciate it because I am pretty new at actually knowing why I'm hurting. :hug::^:

Tammy
04-27-2009, 10:50 PM
Hello! Once again I apologize for being gone for so long. Tim told me today that I have just been way too busy for my own good, and he thinks I need to cut back. He might be right. I'm on an Emmaus Team this coming weekend, so I can't cut back until after that though.

Anne, thanks for starting the new thread.

Mima, we had church and Tim surprised me afterwards by going to Godfather's Pizza! It was soooooooooooo good. We don't have one near here, so he knew it was going to be a beautiful day for a drive, so we did! It was about an hour to get there, but it was so worth it.

Joanne, our WM doesn't carry fabric anymore. I know that has upset some people.

Kate, did you hear from the doctor about the test results?

migo, welcome! When I was first diagnosed, I did lots of research on the web. WebMD is a good place for information. Did your doctor put you on any meds? I know some people have luck with some medicines and others don't have any luck with some of them. I take Relafen twice a day, and sometimes at night I take Flexeril. If you can get somewhere for water aerobics, it is a good way to get moving without hurting too much. My son and I were talking today about how far I have come since I was diagnosed the summer of 2004. He reminded me of how he and my husband would have to help me in and out of bed, chairs, cars, etc. I've come a long way. I still hurt many days, and I always seem to be tired, but it's so different now.

MemeToo
04-28-2009, 01:15 AM
Hey everybody. Sorry about being MIA. I took a few days off from the computers ... they drive me nuts when they're not working right. I told hubby last night if we don't get them cleaned up soon I'm throwing them both out!

Daughter had galbladder surgery this morning so I got up at 4:30 after just 4 hrs. of sleep and got to the hospital at 6 ... left at 2 and picked up g-son. Fed him, came home & did a few things then picked up g-daughter at 4:30 and took them to son's house for the rest of the evening. I went over to her house Sat. morning at 10 and cleaned & did laundry all day long ... didn't get home until 9 pm. She broke her foot and hasn't been able to do anything for weeks. Will be a busy week but then, what else is new!

Hope everyone else is doing well ... Joann, hope your shoulder is better.

I have Protein S deficiency and am prone to blood clots, too. But I have taken premarin for years ... couldn't make it without it. I tried to get off it a couple of times but I guess my body just isn't ready yet.

Welcome migo. The best advise I can give you is "One Day At A Time." On really bad days, cut yourself some slack. Others are not going to understand what fibro is and what it DOES ... so cut them some slack, too. One day you don't feel too bad, the next you feel like you have a terrible case of flu so others may think you are 'faking' sometimes. Heck, sometimes I, myself, think I'm losing my mind! (not far to go there!) Don't worry about it ... just learn to live with it as 'normally' as you can and don't ever give up on your life. Keep things around you that you love and do things you love to do. Many people sit down and just give up because of the pain. I almost did that back about 25-30 years ago. I have both kinds of arthritis, fibro and anemia. I decided I was going to have a joyfilled life and I wasn't going to let a nonfatal disease stop me. Some days, I go on pain pills all day just to be able to do something I really want to do ... then I take the next day off! :p

Candicej
04-28-2009, 01:53 AM
Well you make me think I should not stop taking it...why the heck do most of the docs say it is bad for you....that study in 2001 was flawed and only done on certain meds.

I get my endoscopy done WEd morn so can't eat after midnight tonight....hope maybe I can fall asleep early.....(not likely) I always want food when I know I can't have it! :)

MIGO.....the advice the girls have given you is great! I started out in water exercise and because there is no gravitity in the pool most of your pain is gone while in the water....but I had to have very warm water or I got chilled. Then I had a problem with the clorine..so do water anymore but use a treadmill at home and a peddel thingy. Make sure you get plenty of restful sleep..may need meds for that. Sleep helps me alot!!!!!!!!!

Mima...sounds like your home is coming around. Why is the upstairs cold? and why did you try to cook your pills:) LOL

Happy....hope that toe gets better...maybe your orthotics need adjusted????

Kate....we are having lots of rain...my grass seed is coming up:) Hope your hubby gets his rear in gear! I thinbk you ares doing fine...slow loss is good.

Tammy...a nice drive and pizza..wow you hit the jackpot!

Joanne....Our dh's do not seem to care to eat healthy....they just eat! Did you find some material and someone to cut it?

Meme....hope your daughter heals quickly....so nice of you to help her out! But you are always helping someone out:)

Mima
04-28-2009, 07:27 AM
Good morning. My friend Betty came over-she actually was the only one who asked to help-except for my kids who are far away and busy. We washed down the kitchen, went to SA where I lied to the lady and said I didn't have anything breakable and heard a crashing sound from one of the bags. I will know next time. Then I took her to lunch.
Attacking the den today, It's going to be 89 today and then cool off . The upstairs is actually hot=our apt downstairs is cool-And I put stuff on the stove and put on the wrong burner.
I miss pizza, Tammy but someday i will buy some with rice crust. And non dairy cheese. i could make my own .
Hope your daughter gets better quickly.Meme.
Do you have a Joann's , Joanne?? That's funny!! I got my quilt material there.
We put the jelly cabinet in the kitchen-it makes it narrow but it hides things.
Gotta go -Mima
Kate, when I take a nap everyday. I close the bedroom door so I can't hear the phone.Try it-you will rest better.

Kate53
04-28-2009, 10:00 AM
Good morning everyone! A quick post for me as I want to get a day for myself and go shopping. Need to pick out a new table decoration for the diningroom. We have a Home Goods store here and I need to look and see what they have. Doctor called this morning and my potassium is back to normal. He thinks the blood test may have been compromised which does happen if they leave the tourniquet on too long looking for a vein. In any event, I can start taking the Sytrinol again for a week and then go mget a third blood test next Monday which should tell the true potassium level and whether the Sytrinol is the problem. I also got my butt back on the elliptical yesterday evening! Wow! Have I missed that. I feel much renewed this morning and will hopefully have the incentive to stay with it now. I'm looking for a big weight loss this month...about 10 pounds if I can do it. I need to set an example for my hubby so he will stay motivated!!
Mima, the nap lasted less than 30 minutes yesterday...not because of the phone but "her royal highness". She decided she needed some mental activity and after jumping off the bed with me, walked around the house "alarm barking". God, she can be such a willfull witch.
Welcome Migotokokoro. The only thing I could add to the ladies' advice is to just stay active. Even if it's just walking, you need to keep moving. All of us have our own way of dealing with pain management...for me it's Tramadol, ibuprofen and a new latex mattress. And boy, does that new mattress make a difference in my quality of sleep. Not as stiff and sore when I get up now. Stick with a good food plan and eat plenty of veggies. Check out http://www.fmaware.org. They have free registration and you can learn a lot from them. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.
Off to spend a little of hubby's money!! Enjoy the rest of the day, ladies! I'll check back later.

Joanne D
04-28-2009, 10:43 AM
Hello Everybody... Shoulder not much better. I sleep with a heating pad..
We do have a Joann's I just wanted to get home fast and was in W/M.. They seem to be closing out their fabric department too. I got some but may still go to Joann's when I see a sale.. I want to make new curtains for my bedroom.. Need to put some color in here.
We were out watering last night. If we don't get some rain we will lose a lot of plants.. grass..Nothing is growing except what I don't want..
I don't take naps.. If I did I would never get any sleep at night..
We eat pizza now and then.. I refuse to give up everything I like.. I just suffer the problems later.. They have a Amys pizza in the stores that is ok.. I think it is more organic .. But I usually buy something else not as healthy..My thiinking is ..if I am going to buy fried chicken I am going to eat the whole thing.. That is my stinking thinking.. I don't get it very often..
Bye for now..Joanne

MemeToo
04-28-2009, 02:50 PM
WOW Joanne ... we think just alike. :D I refuse to give up everything I like, too & if I'm going to eat it, I want the WHOLE THING! Also, if I'm gonna eat cake, I want a BIG piece with lots of icing. They were laughing at me at my g-son's BD party Sun. nite ... about the piece of cake I had! I usually watch what I eat, but now and then, I go a little crazy. I want to enjoy my life while I'm still alive! (then I suffer for it later - oh well.) :p

Off to pick up the g-kids. Daughter is doing pretty good today.

Happy Canuk
04-28-2009, 03:55 PM
Boy of Boy, it's soooo nice to see Tammy, Candice and meme here today, and Migo, welcome to our thread. Of course, it's nice to see Mima, Kate and Joanne as well:carrot:

Mima - sounds like you are getting it together. It is darn hot where you are. So far, we are 30 degrees BELOW the normal temp. for this time of year. We are hovering around 36 degrees only. There is some kind of pressure system that isn't moving, that is sitting over us. Somebody give it a BOOT!

Meme - Well, you have been busy as usual. Hope your daughter gets better soon. Every now and then, I need a break from the computer as well. Just don't want to be on the thing.

Candice - That study showed that Premarin caused people to have heart problems - 875 women and something like 9 had heart problems. They said it was from Premarin. I say, these same women could have had heart problems in any case, and I want to live while I'm alive! I think it was the Progesterone that was the problem as well. If you don't have a uterus you don't need to take that. I know people that have taken Premarin for 30 years or better and they don't have heart, or stroke problems at all. So, I say, if you need it to feel well, then take it.

I went to the Foot Dr. this morning to have the Orthodics checked. He said this was a starting point, and he has not ruled out surgery. Need to go back when I come back from our trip to Denmark. Then we will see how it is. Right now, it is still quite painful and it sure does interfer with walking.

Tammy - sounds like that was a nice day. We don't have that Pizza place here, so I don't know what I am missing :lol: Slow down a bit, as you don't want to end up with a lot of pain.

Kate - WooHoo, out spending money! I did that this morning. Bought some stuff to take on holidays. I am now all set. Telephones can be a real pain, when you want to rest.

Joanne - ambiitous one, making curtains. A pop of color is nice in a room. I want a new duvet cover, but I will wait until June before I buy one. I might see one in Denmark that I like.

Migo - Good advice. Anytime you can give up sugar, but even worse, I think, is aspertame and Splenda, as they are chemicals. My body doesn't take well to either of those. Sugarless gum is another one I don't do well with, because of the Sorbital and Manitol in them. They can do a number on the intestine and cause like an IBS thingy. Eat clean, and move. If you can't walk, then do some stretching - gently. I have found great relief for my symptoms with an Upper Cervical Chiropractor. www.nucca.org if you want to read about them. Also, google AXIS and you will find info on a fellow from Los Angeles that travels around the USA and does a one time treatment on the AXIS. On a FM site I went to, thse people were having good results. I think a lot of FM pain come from spine - I know mine does. So many of us have bad backs and necks etc.

Well another book. Hope you all have a good day.

Happy Canuk
04-28-2009, 05:45 PM
Here's some truths for you all ...................... :lol:

YOU KNOW YOU ARE LIVING IN 2009 when...
>
>
>
> 1. You accidentally enter your password on the microwave.
>
>
>
> 2. You haven't played solitaire with real cards in years.
>
>
>
> 3. You have a list of 15 phone numbers to reach your family of 3.
>
>
>
> 4. You e-mail the person who works at the desk next to you.
>
>
>
> 5. Your reason for not staying in touch with friends and family is
> that they don't have e-mail addresses.
>
>
>
> 6. You pull up in your own driveway and use your cell phone to see if
> anyone is home to help you carry in the groceries.
>
>
>
> 7. Every commercial on television has a web site at the bottom of the
> screen.
>
>
>
> 8. Leaving the house without your cell phone, which you didn't have
> the first 20 or 30 (or 60) years of your life, is now a cause for
> panic and you turn around to go and get it.
>
>
>
> 10. You get up in the morning and go on line before getting your coffee.
>
>
>
> 11. You start tilting your head sideways to smile. : )
>
>
>
> 12. You're reading this and nodding and laughing.
>
>
>
> 13. Even worse, you know exactly to whom you are going to forward this
> message..
>
>
>
>
>
> 14. You are too busy to notice there was no #9 on this list.
>
>
>
>
>
> 15 You actually scrolled back up to check that there wasn't a #9 on this
> list.
>
>
>
> AND NOW U R LAUGHING AT YOURSELF
>

migotokokoro
04-28-2009, 07:54 PM
Thanks ladies, I'm happy that you all are willing to help. I've been eating pretty well for about 3 days now and I've already lost a couple of pounds just from cutting out things I normally eat that have high fructose corn syrup, aspartame, etc. I've been drinking a little bit of diet soda a day as I mentioned in my last post, but I've been able to go longer and longer without it and won't have headaches or feel sick. I started drinking the organic spring water instead of the tap water; it tastes better and I feel cleaner when I drink it. Because it's the end of the month we're a little low on food, so that makes it really low on things I can eat since we just found out about the fibromyalgia and such. But this weekend I'll be going food shopping for lots of goodies. :P My bench step aerobics was really rough on Monday. What was hurting just slightly a couple weeks earlier has developed into massive pains. But the second half of class wasn't so severe. I think I just need to keep pushing a little to work up to getting more active. Anyways, thanks all of you!

Mima
04-29-2009, 07:03 AM
Good going, Migo!!! You are on your way.
There are some things that affect my fibro and that is wheat and sugar, possibly dairy. Pseudo arthritis.
2 days -In the middle of it Brad has to go to the registry and get new plates to get his sticker before May 1. That's 2 deadlines-the yard and the apt are the other 2.
Idol fans-Danny gokey was awesome. I am too old to like Adam.
It's normal temperature wise today.
So nice to hear from you all-I think I will have to make curtains for my kitchem but not yet. I want maroon check.
Bye for now-Mima

Kate53
04-29-2009, 10:26 AM
Good morning everyone. Another hot, sunny and dry day in Florida. Joanne, our lawns and plants are stressed as well. Is there a rain dance or something we should be doing? I have never seen it this dry here. I will be out with the hose myself this evening. Unfortunately, our outside spigots are on the county water while our irrigation is on the well. Even though it all comes from the same aquafier, we have to be careful because of the charges for county water. We also have to replenish our pool water with county water because well water is not good for our salt generator cell on it. It really only costs a few dollars more a month so I'm not too concerned...yet! I haven't had a craving for pizza lately but usually make my own on a homemade whole wheat crust. I have had those Amy's Pizzas before and really like them! I especially like the "marguerita" and the spinach ones. Hubby is just getting into the whole grains thing. He's not too excited about not having white bread for sandwiches, but he is dooing the whole wheat bread as long as it is the "soft" version. Had a sauteed Balsamic Chicken last night with brown rice. Very tasty...tonight is meatloaf with light mashed potatoes. I use leftover whole wheat bread to make bread crumbs with and use sparingly. Hubby can slice up the leftovers for sandwiches.
The elliptical really had my shoulders aching as well. Hopefully that will get better with time as I plan on continuing on it! It hurts even more to look at that arm dangle so let those shoulders ache! I have another session on it later today...I'll let you know tomorrow morning!
Didn't find anything for my table yesterday but did hit a great sale at Bealls. I was fgood though and didn't spend too much money. I'll check out a few more places next week. I just want something fresh for the dining table for spring; new placemats or table runner or something.
Hope everyone is feeling well....glad to see you all back in here! Need to go get something accomplished for the day. Bye for now and enjoy the day ladies!!

Tammy
04-29-2009, 07:28 PM
Meme, hope your daughter continues to feel better after her gall bladder surgery. I think I missed a couple weeks of school after mine many, many years ago. I laughed about you wanting to throw out your computers. I think we have all felt that way at times!!

Candice, I'm with you for always wanting food when we know we can't. I'm always that way before any testing that I have done.

Mima, cute about the big piece of cake. I can do with a small piece of cake or pie, but when it comes to ice cream, that's where I don't want to cut back. while you and Joanne are making curtains for yourselves, make some for me too! Ha!

Kate, were you able to find plenty of things to spend hubby's money on?? Hope so!! chucked about him and the white bread. I finally had Bob eating whole grain sometimes, but now I'm having to work on Tim with that. Meat loaf sounds good right now. I just ate a tossed salad. Hungry, but not real hungry, so that should do it.

Joanne, we don't have pizza very often anymore. We used to have it at least once a week. It's a good thing that Godfather's Pizza isn't closer because I might go back to eating it more often. Hope you get some rain to help your plants.

Anne, I loved that list of things especially about putting your password into the microwave. I hope your foot feels better when you go to Denmark.
I know that I do need to slow down. When I got up this morning, I could hardly move. Didn't go to my aerobics class because of that.

Tomorrow night is when I head to the church for the Emmaus weekend, so I won't be back on till probably Monday at the earliest. We have set up in an hour over there, and I really should be getting things together. Instead, here I sit!

Oh! News! Tim had applied at the Arby's where he worked when he was in high school, and then again last summer. They had said they weren't sure they'd have a position or not, but they wanted him back. They called him to come in and talk today, and they offered him an assistant manager's position! They said that they would work with his school and rescue squad schedules, so he said yes! He'll be glad to start having a paycheck even though he won't be getting too many hours until his classes end mid-June.

Candicej
04-30-2009, 04:04 AM
Went ok...nausea med they gave me in IV worked but am very tired and have a headache. I reallly dread the other end in a week......they used to do them at once now I have to go seperate times.

Kate....glad the mattress is helping...

Happy....I call hubby and tell him to unlock the door if he is not sleeping. I don't go out as much at night anymore, maybe when it is better weather.

Meme..esplain...FB to me..how do you chat? Do you have to sign out I just leave mine on if the 'puter is on..doesn't mean I am on here. Like I said I do not know how to use the site.

TAmmy....that is great for Tim...but don't go and eat there too often!LOL

Migo...If we all could eat better we would all feel better but it doesn't always work....I eat pretty healthy, but a lot does not agree with me. WEll I amnot making sense....oh well and life goes on! LOL

Mima..I just put a dark green check in my sunroom.

Joanne....I love Pizza..any kind but usually get a 4 pt Schwan kind (frozen) to satify me.

Off to rest some mkore:)

SWINE FLU....we do not need this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mima
04-30-2009, 06:58 AM
Good morning. Treated myself yesterday-we went shopping but I had to wait for Brad while he went to the DMV-went to Penney's and bought a beautiful coral pants outfit-Alfred Dunner-no shortening, While I was in there I saw my favorite jeans but I already bought a couple of pair. I now know where to get them. The petites come in 2 lengths. Wow-they love short people.
Last day. Boy-I hurt.
facebook is easy-never liked MYSpace. You sign up and get yourself a page and invite people that have it to post. You do it by their e-mail address. I love to go there and see what everyone is doing. Even our missionary friend Isaac is on my poage. He is in Jamaica right now. he posts great things.
And my kids post and sometimes use naughty words and I hope Isaac can't see them.
Yikes-can't get a hair appt for 2 weeks-I always wait too long to call.
When I work for the church, I am so blessed as you must be tammy.and meme. I will be taking over the 1-2 Sunday school class. What a treat that will be. The teacher is pregnant and I can do it all summer and then she will be back when I leave. That is the cutest age.
Yikes-Obama sent me more money-besides the 250 for SS recipients-I got 60 more in my retirement check for less taxes-I guess that's almost double dipping. Then my insurance bill for this month was 75 less. I used to have a saying-I have more than I need and more is coming in all the time.
Bye for now-Mima

Mima
05-01-2009, 05:58 AM
Well-it's all in the garage!! Just found out that we will owe more money in taxes because they are taking out too much-it looks so good on paper.
Have a nice weekend Tammy.
Our 7th anniversary is Monday.
Now we need to get ready for camping. That will be nice. Mima

Kate53
05-01-2009, 11:11 AM
Good morning all. So Mima, you win some you lose some, huh? They give the money to you so you can give it back to them? We are just happy to get it back now that we have no business to deal with. I always had to pay...now it's the government's turn! Doesn't hurt my feelings one little bit, either!
Having a "get' r done" kind of day. Need to go to the store (I blew that off yesterday) and get the house vacuumned for the weekend. The weather has been warm and dry lately but we are still desperate for rain. Have to get some flowers ordered for Mother's Day for my MIL. She's up in Rhode Island in a nursing home so I would like to have a gift basket put together for her. I just don't know what she needs in there.
I have a hair appointment for this Tuesday but don't know if I can wait that long! My hair is driving me nuts! Needs a cut badly as I put it off almost 7 weeks now. Guess I won't do that again!
I have done the elliptical 2X so far this week and it feels pretty good! I was a little stiff and sore after the first session but feel better after the second one. I'm doing it every other day for 30 minutes. Haven't lost anymore weight though! That is starting to upset me but I just need to focus on eating well and not the weight loss. I'm sure it will happen in time, just not as fast as I would like!
Off to get my errands done. Hope everyone enjoys the day!

Mima
05-02-2009, 07:38 AM
Buying for your mil is hard-candy, flowers, ? The gift basket sounds so nice-a book, /
10 hours sleep and a Tea today. Even my 3 year old grand niece is going. She wants to know if there will be cake, and then she wanted to know if there will be a table.
oing the curtain thing-which involves buying and returning except for the br which I cut wrong but can fix it. All my gorgeous curtains stayed upstairs.
I only have 3 windows here. But I am a curtain nut, which I got from my mother. She changed to curtains every 6 months-drove my father crazy. I am not like that-just want them to look nice.
I am also getting withdrawal symptoms. We were too busy to grieve. But I do like the small space.
I am going to relax til Mon. Brad is going to the town meeting because they are going to discuss zoning to put in a mall-it's in a remote place. we want it-hoping they will put in a cheaper grocery store. It will give the town 1.3 million in taxes. Then they can stop going up on the real estate.
I will send you the rain, Kate. Itmust be dry here-our cellar didn't even fill up.
Mima

Happy Canuk
05-02-2009, 10:10 AM
Good morning. Mima, sounds like you re getting settled in. I don't understand what you mean, when you say your "cellar" didn't fill up. Don't you LIVE in your basement? I would hope it wouldn't get water in it, and then have mold. That would be terrible. I am sooooo sensitive to that mildew smell. Just makes me sick and I get an instant headache. Probably because of the darn yeast problem I have.

Curtains - I also love them. They just finish a room off.

Kate - Hope you get some rain. We are going to have rain ALL next week, and I think I would gladly sent it your way.

Spring is always such a pain for me, with the ups and downs of the weather. The FM doesn't take kindly to it, nor does the OA. Been very fatigued lately as well. Trying to get everything ready for our trip. Have my suitcase packed - going light.

Foot Dr., said he is starting with the Orthodic and hope it works (so far it has NOT) but he said wearing them is a process and can take 2 - 3 months to get results. Surgery is not ruled out, to fix the darn thing. You just never know when something that NEVER hurt will start!!!

Well, ladies, have a great day.

Joanne D
05-02-2009, 07:16 PM
Hello Everybody.
My passion flower vines finally came. I ordered them about the first of march. I put them in the ground this morning. That pooped me out.. I hope all that work will be worth it..
I had to pick another route to walk Christie. A neighbor about 2 blocks away has a mixed breed that has been chained up in her yard daily. It just goes crazy when we pass by. Well it broke the chain a couple days ago and came after me and Christie.the owner came too calling my name. He was all over me trying to get to Christie. She slipped out of her halter and then he was all over her trying to get her by the neck. She was running for her life. The owner of the dog was trying to catch him as well as keep him away from me. Well she finally got him and took him home. I put Christies halter back on her but couldn't do much else for a while. I have never been so scared in my life.. Then she came back to me and said he just wants to play. RIGHT!. That dog was trying to kill my dog!!!I have been told by some of her neighbors that her dog has gone after their dogs as well. She should find a way to control her dog.. Get a fence!Or better yet get rid of it if she can't control it. I know she has had it to trainers but that has not helped. I didn't sleep all night. I will never go that way again..I hate to think what will happen if her dog goes after a child..
That's my grief for the week.
My diet has been crazy for the past 2 days.. Got to get back into control.. Tomorrow is my sisters family picnic.. I am taking a salad. I know there will be a lot of fattening food there.. I will do the best I can..
With this flu scare around I hate going places like this.. If I get sick again I am afraid that will do me in. The Dr told me to be very careful not to get around anyone that is sick.. I guess I am just paranoid now..
Haven't found the material for my curtains yet.. I went to Joann's Fabric today. Material that was 3 dollars a yard a couple years ago is now over 8 dollars a yard.. I'll try another Walmart.. Theirs is about 4.50.For the same fabric. I need 15 yards.
Have a good weekend Everybody.
Joanne

Chirpy
05-03-2009, 12:16 AM
Hi All,

Newbie here. Is this thread for everyone to just post keep up to date with eachother? How does this work?

I was diagnosed with fibro some years ago - and am much improved since then. Still battling, but nothing nearly as bad as it was. I saw how Happy Canuk advises to eat clean etc - and I have to say that is of MAJOR importance for me, too. No artificial/fake sugars (migraines and it can throw me right back into total pain for days afterwards) -but I have no trouble with regular sugar and honey however. No MSG - bad reactions 12-24 hours later. I don't even do caffeine. And yes, as Happy Canuk said, the back and neck seem to be at the root (pun I guess) of things for me as well!

Hope to get to know you all.

Mima
05-03-2009, 06:17 AM
Good morning-I ate sugar and wheat at the tea and I am paying for it-but.....I will get over it.
That is terrible about that dog Joanne-I would be scared. I had a dog that was chained in the yard and bit a little girl-bye bye dog. Of Course the girl shouldn't have been in my yard.
Yesterday was nice-everyone came-my 2 best friends, my daughter, Bob's gf. my sil and my niece and grand niece. Of course, the pastries were deliscious/
BD party today-I will not eat the cake.
Hi Chirpy-you are right on about the diet!!
Anne-feet! Hope your orthotics work. I got mine from a foot store and they work well. I am feeling so much better since I am not running up and down stairs-except for my right thumb-asking for a shot!!
My dil's mother sold her house in FL/ But I know they took a cut.
I got up way too early-back to bed before church.
Hey, Tammy, the tea was at the Methodist church.

migotokokoro
05-03-2009, 10:07 PM
I ate out today... I had some chinese food (I love the chinese food... O_O). I've been good with eating for a week now... perfect eating in fact... I really felt that chinese food though. I was in so much pain. My entire left arm went numb because of the pain, and I had a huge headache... It went away for the most part but it was so excruciating. :(

Mima
05-04-2009, 06:31 AM
Isn't it amazing how food affects fibro. Ate a small amt of ice cream at the party and had big cramps. Eat wheat or sugar and wheeze. Dairy gave me foot pain and I was getting cortisone shots. Wheat makes my skin itchy.
Anyone have or know someone with a Magicjack phone. We are thinking of getting one. We pay so much for a phone.
Went out to eat for our anniversary and had very good food. No gifts but I do expect flowers today.
We are having a hard time adjusting to the service at home-McGregor is so lively and fast paced. You would never know we are ancient!
Don't know what I will get done today but it sure feels good not to be moving.
Mima

Kate53
05-04-2009, 10:09 AM
Good morning everyone. A breezy cloudy day here in Florida but still no rain! Everyone's lawn is looking so stressed! We are all trying to squeak in an extra watering day...just have to be careful with our code enforcement. There are actually some people who water their lawns every single night but never get caught! Of course, code must know who they are because their lawns are so much greener....;)
Joanne, the issue with the dog is not uncommon here in Florida. Some dog owners here just don't get it. We have several in my area that are considered "vicious" and are kept either fenced or chained. Bad news when they do get loose though as someone and/or their dog always gets bitten. While my Queenie is considered a large dog (100 LBs), she has always been able to take care of herself in that regard but I always carry a container of pepper spray on my belt. And I am not afraid to use it or my foot either!! I have verbally reprimanded enough of the loose-dogs' owners that they hide when they see us coming! You should not have to avoid walking any route because of it. I would do that route again, be on the alert and make sure you carry something to use as a weapon. If it happens again, call animal control and report it. Remember, there is no such thing as a bad dog, just bad owners; dogs react instinctively. I tend to have a low tolerance for inconsiderate pet owners...sorry for the rant.
Still playing with those few pounds...on again off again....it's driving me nuts. I am also having trouble getting back to a good diet regimen (phase 1 of the SB plan). It's just so easy to slide off a diet, yes??
Welcome to the FM forum Chirpy. I was diagnosed back in the 80's with mine and have had a terrible time of it since moving to Florida. I am just now getting a handle on it with medication and exercise/diet. Stress and a sleep disorder seem to be my triggers rather than food. Since I have been eating all whole grains and Mediterranean type foods, my IBS symptoms have almost disappeared....much to my relief! Now it's stressing out about things, overdoing it with house and yard work or not getting enough good sleep that seem to bring it on. My new latex mattress is working wonders in the sleep department though! A very comfortable way to have spent my money...it is well worth it so far.
Anne, my foot problem seems to be more chronic lately and having checked the symptoms on WebMD, it mentioned something about lumber spinal stenosis could be causing my foot problems. Don't know why a back problem would affect the top of my foot but that's one that it listed....and I do have lumber and cervical spinal stenosis. Something I will have to investigate further with my doctor I guess.
I hope everyone is feeling well and enjoying life! Sorry about your episode with the neighbor's dog, Joanne. I do hope yoou don't let it deter you from enjoying a good walk with your pooch. Enjoy the rest of the day ladies!

Joanne D
05-04-2009, 10:11 AM
Happy Anniversary Mima
I need to call this the lost weekend. Family picnic and ofcourse I ate wrong. Up 3 lbs from yesterday morning. Too much salt in the foods. Although I didn't eat that much. I think it was the snacks. Got to get back on tract.. I weigh more today than I have in over a year..
It was nice though to see all my sisters and their family..
Dr.'s appointment today .. I get so sick of going to these appointments and having blood drawn every two weeks..
Things can only get better..
Got to make a vet appointment for christie.. I think she may have worms.. Where she got them heaven only knows.. She is never around other dogs. Maybe just walking her .. She has to check out everything.
Stay healthy everybody.
Joanne

migotokokoro
05-05-2009, 01:30 AM
Well... I started meds today, wish me luck! Cross your fingers! ^_^

Mima
05-05-2009, 07:09 AM
Which ones, Migo?
Angela called last night and she and the 3 kids had vomiting and di....They all seemed to get it at the same time so I wonder if it's a virus. Hope not-I have 3 appts today. Her house is so dirty-they are sick all the time. I was holding the baby and feeding her ice cream and then ate out of the same spoon-bad Mima.
I was so happy to be able to stay downstairs and actually get some things on the wall-which included my mother's bell shelf. But we are going to to take it down so Brad can secure it more-it's right over his head when he watches tv.
Rheum at 11:30-lunch at gf's and chiro at 1-haircut at 4:30.
You are right about dog owners. I used to get in trouble because Frankie would let himself out and he was a barker. And a chaser. Bad Mima.
No more dogs for us but new person upstairs-father-has an 8 year old beagle. He's not coming in until June 1.
In the scheme of things, a few pounds is not a big deal except I have 5 I need to get rid of. And I think about it a lot.
No sign of sil yet-I guess he's still in Kuwait.
Bye for now-Mima
Kate -I have spinal stenosis and foot pain and I tried to tell that to doc but he sort of brushed it off. My calfs get tight so I massage them .

Kate53
05-05-2009, 09:49 AM
Hello everyone! Another dry, sunny day here. Boy, we sure do need some rain...can't say it enough in the hopes it will start raining!!
Mima, which doctor brushes the stenosis foot pain link off? Is it your Rheumatologist? I have read it in several publications now and wonder why it would not be a consideration by these doctors? When the time comes, I will just come right out and ask I guess! And we now have 5 confirmed cases of this swine flu here in Florida so be very careful....it could be that Angela and children should be tested for it. They have some flu medicine (Tamiflu) that could help with the symptoms. There is no vaccine for this H1N1 strain yet so just be extra vigilant about washing your hands and such. Ate off the same spoon?? Oh boy....:fr:
Migo, what medications did your doctor prescribe for you? Just interested as we have all tried just about everything out there. It's definitely an individual thing and sometimes it takes a few tries to get it right. Hope it helps you with feeling better. Do keep us posted.
Queenie is showing her "summer" mode on the walks now. Slow, slow, slow. She's more interested in smelling everything and getting her business done than being out in the heat. Need to get her brushed out again and her nails trimmed. I've started using a dremmel for her nails now. She's much better about letting me do it that way. One of her ears is a bit red and dirty so she may end up at the vets this week. I cleaned it with some special ear liquid but it may be more than just dirt so I'll have to keep an eye on it. Joanne, if your dog walks in areas where other dogs go and she eats grass or licks her feet for any reason, she could very well have worms. Hook worms and whip worms are notorious for living long periods of time in soil of common walking areas. Tape worms can usually be seen in the "poop" and come from biting/chewing at fleas. I have Queenie tested twice a year just in case and so far no problems in that area.
Hubby is going up to see his folks the beginning of June. That will be a nice break for both of us...him up north and me with a quiet, peaceful household! I just hope he doesn't come home sick like he did last time!
Hope everyone enjoys their day and is feeling okay.....bye for now.

MemeToo
05-05-2009, 06:50 PM
Wow Joanne, that was some scare! I hate mean dogs. I wish we lived close to each other so we could walk together. But I walk slow ... very, very slow! You might not like walking with me. Plus, Christy and Ginger would probably wind up playing instead of walking. ;) I don't know if I will get another dog when the two I have now pass. Sami (golden) is 9 and Ginger (toy poddle) is 2.

Kate ... wish I could send you some of our rain. It has rained almost every single day here for weeks. I know we will hit a dry spell and wish we had rain so I try not to complain about it but GEE WHIZ! We can't even find a day to mow the lawn!!! I have been in major pain.

Daughter is doing great, went back to work yesterday. Thanks for asking.

Candice ... just go to the bottom of your home page and it will tell you which friends are 'on' (click on "friends online" to see) ... like you, though, some may not be at their computer. Click on the friend you want to chat with and a box will pop up. Type your text in the bottom on the chat box and hit the enter key on your computer to post it. It will only be visible to the person you are chatting with. They will hear a vibarating sound when you post. If they type in a message you will hear the same sound and see their post & just start chatting. That's all there is to it. Hope to 'chat' with you soon!

Gotta start dinner!

Joanne D
05-05-2009, 06:54 PM
Hello Everybody--
No worms in Christie.. She seems to have a bladder infection. She has rubbed that area on the rug and made it sore. The vet gave me antibiotics and some powder to put on the area. Well the pills go down but there is no way to put the powder where the vet wants it. She is very uncooperative. Hubby can't hold her and she fights us like a really mad dog. The antiobiotics are just going to have to take care of the problem..She tore my arm up with her nails while I was trying to get the job done..For a small dog she can be very mean when she wants to..I think I am getting too young for this!!!
Did laundry most of the day.. I wanted to take a long walk but didn't get to.. I'm tired
Joanne

Mima
05-06-2009, 08:48 AM
At least she takes her meds, I guess. Just remebered that I paid a lot for the quilt material at Joannes. Can't wait to give it to her at her shower on sat.
Jim is at Ft Dix!!! PTL.
It rains every day here! At least this week,'It was the orthopedic foot doc, who was really very nice, that didn't seem interested in that. But he helped me immensely=the PT and the 2 cortisone shots.
Supposed to go to lunch today with teacher friends. If I could get in touch with them . Guess they are not e-mail freaks like me! At least it's only a half hour away.
My dog used to sit and not go any further when I walked him. Suzanne says her dog loves to walk. She is so cute.
Oil burner went out and I was up early , But Brad knows what is the matter.
Hi tammy. Anne, and Candice, Migo and all. Mima

Happy Canuk
05-06-2009, 09:20 AM
http://photos.imageevent.com/happycanuk/snags/excid_8FE5E8A5BEAB48A5AD2C9014C847974Catrosea1orsk gocr.gif

Good morning.

Mima - glad you got finished with the moving. Now maybe you will be able to take some time to rest a bit. Have fun at lunch. Glad that Jim made it back to the USA side. How are the

Meme - glad you daughter is doing well. How are YOU doing since you had your gallbladder removed. You never did say.

Joanne - I would have died if that had been me. I am terrified of dogs I don't know. I think they should all be kept inside a fence and not roaming around on the streets - big or little dogs(those little ones can be real ankle biters). I think it is very irresponsible to let them wonder around and hurt and scare people. Also, not fare to the dog. In any case, I am sure glad that you are ok.

Kate - glad that you enjoying that new mattress. Some time alone will be nice for you, if that is what you need. I have spinal stenosis as well, but have no foot problem caused by that. Just this darn toe, and THAT was caused by a different gait when I hurt my back at Christmas time.

Hi Tammy and Candice. Hope all is going well with you two.

Migo - hope the new meds are helping. Always tricky trying new stuff.

I am so busy, I don't know which end is up. Monday, I worked all day. Yesterday, I ran around finding birthday gifts for hubby (his birthday is today) my DIL and my little gdaughter who will be 3. Tomorrow, we have to get up early and leave for Edmonton, to go to a funeral. That will be a late day, and then I work on Friday. On Saturday, back to Edmonton ( that is 2 hrs from here) for a birthday party for the above 3 (mostly little Meela :lol: ) and then Mother's Day on Sunday. I have to work on Monday and Tuesday, thank goodness there is Wednesday, and I work again on Thursday. On Saturday, we leave for Denmark for 3 weeks. I am already tired!!!

My daughter that has the broken arm is doing wonderfully as far as her arm is concerned. She did, however, get up to fast on Sunday (has low blood pressure) and instead of taking her time, and waiting for the dizzy feeling to pass, forged ahead to answer the phone. Well, she never did make it!! She passed out, sprained the fingers on her OTHER hand and brusied herself quite a bit. She now has a black eye as well. Tomorrow she goes back to see the orthopedic specialist.

Well, enough of this. Have a great day.

migotokokoro
05-06-2009, 11:17 AM
Well I was put on Ambien and it hardly does anything for me. I'm still waking up constantly and the only real sleep i get is the couple hours after I take the pill. I stay the other half of the night waking up and falling asleep again. My doctor also put me on Celexa because my insurance wouldn't pay for Cymbalta. If I take enough different kinds my insurance will be more likely to give me Cymbalta if the others don't work.

Tammy
05-06-2009, 11:49 AM
Hello everyone! Well, the weekend really did me in. I had probably 8-10 hours of sleep from Thursday night till I got home on Sunday night. Needless to say, I slept almost all day Mon. and Tues. It was a wonderful weekend though, so it was worth it.

Candice, I won't eat at Arby's too much. When I do eat out, I am making much better choices than I used to though.

Mima, happy anniversary a little late! The tea sounds nice.

Kate, I still can't get the hang of the elliptical. I really am more uncoordinated at some things than you could imagine.

Anne, 2-3 months to get results with the orthodics sounds like such a long time. Stay patient!

Joanne, how awful for you and Christie about that dog coming after you! I would be the same as you about being paranoid about being around sickness. I don't think it's paranoid though because you really don't need to be around them!

Welcome to Chirpy!!

Migo, I like Chinese too. I'm sorry that you had so much pain after eating it.

Kate, we are expecting rain later today and tomorrow. Wish I could send you some. Queenie sounds like Maurice about stopping and checking everything out. He goes slow because his legs are so short. lol

Joanne D
05-06-2009, 07:02 PM
Hello Everybody..
I think all our dogs are a little alike. Christie checks out just about everything.. I am constantly pulling her away from things I don't want her to check out.. I had to take her by the vets today for them to put some of the powder they sold me for her vulva on her. She just is not going to let me do it.. I hope the antibiotics start working..
I don't go the route where the dog that came after me is. If he broke the chain once he will do it again. Chaining a dog just makes them mean.. My daughter told me I should call the police and animal control..I don't want to do that.. I will just stay away from that block..
Did lots of housework today . Our daughter coming on Friday.. Just for the weekend.. Don't know what is planned. I told her I didn't want anything done here. Just too much work. I think those days are over for me..
Joanne

Tammy
05-06-2009, 09:35 PM
Had to click out earlier, so I'm back.

Anne, you are too busy! I think I would like to go to Denmark with you. I'll pack tonight.

Joanne, could you call the police or animal control anonymously? You were lucky that you and Christie weren't hurt. What if someone else goes by there and isn't as lucky? Have a nice visit with your daughter.

Tim and I leave Monday morning for Disney World. We'll be back the evening of the 16th. Looking forward to it because I get to spend some time with a high school classmate of mine. She works part-time at Disney.

Mima
05-07-2009, 07:43 AM
Wow for that trip. Tammy. Love Disneyworld.
Had lunch with my teacher friends-it was nice. Salmon.
We are going to National day of prayer at noon-and it's raining which means that it will be at a nearby church. I need to bring a chair.
We were about the only ones that didn't get sick. But all are better now.
Debbie is moving in tonight. Brad talked to her brother who owns a water co about a filter system for our water. 1700. But we put up with a smell and brown water . We have been talking about it for 5 years. Hate to spend the money!!
I have not gotten much done this week. Guess it's a letdown after the last 3.
Bye for now. mima You want some rain-every dayit does.

Kate53
05-07-2009, 12:40 PM
Good morning everyone. Yes, we still need that rain...send it our way please!! We are so desperate! Queenie's ear is still looking a bit red. It appears clean but I can feel some "heat" from it and she has shaken her head a few times. Looks like a visit to the vet is coming up!
Joanne, Tammy has made a good point about other people walking the block with that chained dog. Animal control is required to respond to anonymous calls. All you have to do is give them the address and describe the event and they will do a follow-up with the owner of the dog. They usually check for current immunizations, city licensing and conditions where the dog is kept. They will probably ask if you would like to remain anonymous and will not release the name of the caller. This dog has most likely acted aggressively to more than one person so I doubt the owners will figure out who called.
Migo, my GF is taking Cymbalta and it seems to work for her. I don't have the depression that goes with FM anymore so my medication (Tramadol) with ibuprofen seems to work for me when I get the flare-ups. If your insurance has "squawked" about giving Cymbalta to you, it is probably because it's a "step therapy" drug. They want you to take the cheaper and less effective ones first but your doctor can fill out a form that states other medications have not worked and he has recommended this drug....they will review it and give it to you. Chances are, it is a very expensive drug that they do not want to pay for and beware, your co-pay might be higher. I know this was the case for me with Celebrex....I went through a lot to get the prescription filled only to find it didn't work that great for me. Good luck with it anyhow. Ambien does come in a time-released form now. They've been advertising it on TV here. Is that what your doctor prescribed?
Mima, I would go nuts if my water wasn't clear and clean. We used to have well water here in our other house but had a treatment tank for it. Now we have county water and that goes through reverse osmosis at the plant before it goes out to everyone...plus I have a "Pur" water filter on my fridge for ice and water. Couldn't live here in Florida without a water purifyer....I say go for it! It will be money well spent and will increase the value of your property if it's the attached kind. Good luck with it.
Off to get something done...hopefully! I'm feeling a bit lethargic today...it might be the heat outside. Suppose to be in the high 80's today and we are slowly getting used to it. The A/C is running more today so it must be getting warmer out! Hope everyone enjoys their day....

Tammy
05-07-2009, 03:48 PM
Mima, I love Disney World too! I know it is going to be hot, but I'm still looking forward to it. Salmon sounds yummy!

Kate, I've been lethargic all week, but I know my problem is still being worn out from the weekend.

Mima
05-08-2009, 07:50 AM
And we were worn out from moving but I hate lethargic. That's why I could never take muscle relaxers!
Well, they have moved in upstairs-except for the dad. The satellite guy came yesterday and, after much hassle, we are on the upstairs -eventually we will be on the same DSL, which I am a little skeptical of because it has to come from a router.
We are going to try Magic Jack for phone-I guess you have 30 days. Just trying to get expenses down and help Debbie at the same time. Only problem so far is that the toilet upstairs runs if you don't flush it correctly and you can hear it downstairs. That's a Brad problem but I know how to fix a flapper.
I am wondering if tha methotrexate is causing my ibs. ??? Pretty sure it helps. Hope you get relief Migo. I still have all that Tramadol-I keep saying I will take it in an emergency but I don't but I wouldn' want it to interact.
Jim is still in NJ -not sure when he will be home so I may see suzanne for Mother's Day. We are all going to Bob's-Pam's mom and sil too. It's so nice-we already know Pam's parents from bob's big cookouts.
Put my old curtains in kitchen because Debbie didn't want them and they look awesome. Found some lacy ones for lr for $4 at Wlmart and if i find something else, i won't lose much.
I am on Trazedone and Immipramine and 2 Tylenol pm-sounds like I would overdose but all our low dosages. I started out on just Trazedone and it worked. i was up all night in the beginning and that was 25 years ago.
Have a great day-everyone. Joanne, enjoy your daughter's visit and RELAX.
Mima

Joanne D
05-08-2009, 10:21 AM
Mima- You lucked out. I went to wallmart and couldn't find anything in curtains I would have. Our daughter not coming this weekend. She called and said she had a bad cold.. One of the other teachers had it last week and she thinks she caught it from her.. It worrys me,she catches everything that passes her..
Tammy- I always took a hand fan and a big hat to any of those parks. That and a good rain was what saved me.The heat will be bad.. It han't rained in a long time..
Kate- I hate turning in someone. She is a smart lawyer and should figure it out soon that she has to do something with that dog.. She would know it was me and I just don't want hard feelings with a neighbor.. I'll just stay away from that area..
I hope all of you have a great Mothers day. Our son has invited us to his house.. Maybe after all these holidays are over I can get back on my diet closer.. I am going to dust off the treadmil as it is just too hot for me to walk much outside.We ate pizza last night at my sisters and my weight was up 3 lbs today. I know most of that is fluid. That is a lot of my problem. I retain..
Stay healthy...Joanne

Kate53
05-08-2009, 02:29 PM
Hello everyone. It's a bit cloudy here today but still no rain in sight. We are hot here too, Joanne. Even Queenie makes her "visit" outside in the afternoon quick. I have the A/C set at 74 right now but will gradually turn it up as it gets hotter. We usually leave it set at 76 for the duration....anything warmer than that and I can't sleep at night. I can understand how you feel about turning this neighbor in. We also live in a close knit community and we all try to look out for each other but, there always seems to be one bad apple in the basket. And of course no one really wants to say anything. I always remeber what my mother told me when these kinds of situations crop up..."Chickens always come home to roost..." and if she is a lawyer, she must be aware of the potential liability issues this dog could cause. Good luck to her.
I'm still playing with those few pounds myself....take them off, put them on. I'm trying to be more aware of my portion sizes too. I've been doing some exercises in the pool but am having a hard time staying motivated on the elliptical. I just don't think 2X a week is going to cut it...I need to commit myself to every other day! Exercising just feels so hard this time of year and in this heat! I know...maybe I should have some cheese with my "whine"....;)
Off to vacuumn....I'm just so lazy today! Uggggh! Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there!!

Mima
05-09-2009, 07:34 AM
Well, I was going to take off 5 lbs with all that moving but I guess I will be happy with maybe 1. Haven't been walking-And that stupid plantar fasciitis is back-along with my back hurting. Been doing some yard work-bad! back to my foot exercises.
Going to a shower at 10-made a casserole with gluten free rice pasta-no one will know, It;s got the ricotta and sauce and cheese. it's an easy recipe-baked penne.
Let's see-it may rain this afternoon. But not tomorrow. Suzanne is picking up Jim at the base tomorrow-what a happy day!!!
I used to catch everything when I was teaching-especially the little kids. Doc told me to wash my hands and not touch my eyes, nose , mouth.
Then I bought an air cleaner with a hepa filter-pd a lot for it-but I had the least sick classroom in the bldg.
Oh the pitter p;atter of little feet upstairs-must have been a 2 year old who ran, ran, ran. payback from when Mike was small and we lived upstairs. Landlord would come to the door and yell up. This was only a visitor.
Bye for now-Mima

Joanne D
05-09-2009, 10:24 AM
Mima-Debbie told me she cleaned all the desks and everything touchable in her room to try and get rid of most of the germs.. One of her students is sick and she guesses the rest will be getting a cold now.. Now she is sick. She used up all her sick days when I was sick .I talked to her last night and told her to go to a Dr. if she gets worse..A lot of good that will do. She is 52 and will do as she pleases.
Kate it is also really hot and humid here. Christie is just panting before we go too far. Being a pug she is close to sidewalk/ground and gets hot fast..
Another saying "what goes around comes around". Someone else will make a complaint..My family says I should have.. I wish I had a pool. I could go to the spa. I belong to silver slippers ,but, the pool is just too cold for me..They say it is 82 degrees but it feels like 70..
The arthritis has flared up in my shoulders and it hurts down both arms. I think I will just take it easy for a couple days..
Hello Everybody.. Have a good day tomorrow..
Joanne

Tammy
05-09-2009, 12:45 PM
Joanne, sorry to hear that your daughter won't be visiting. Hope she feels better soon. The pool at the Y seems much cooler than they said it is here too. The warmer water would be much better for us.

Kate, I can't seem to lose any more lately. I did so well there for a while, and then things just went nuts by me being so busy. I'm sure I'll really eat healthy at Disney!!

Mima, I was healthier while I was teaching than I am now. I guess I was immune to whatever the kids had. Now I get colds more often.

Tomorrow I'm meeting an aunt and a cousin at my other aunt's house. She was taken to the hospital last week and is now in a nursing home. Her house needs a good cleaning. She wouldn't let any of us do anything because she is very stubborn. We figure we can go in and clean while she isn't there. I don't know if she'll ever get to move back home. She turned 93 last month, and she just isn't able to take care of herself like she used to.

Mima
05-10-2009, 06:50 AM
That's a great thing to do, tammy. My sil has to move her dad to a nursing home, he just went into assisted living and he is on hospice.
Will be visiting auntie for a while. On our way to Bob's. Bringing her child's desk to her great granchildren.
What an awesome shower yesterday. It was so much fun to sit with the ladies from bible study. jessie got 3 baby quilts!! All different. And some beautiful knitted sets and enough clothes for a long time.
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all. Hope your daughter gets better quickly. Joanne.
65 and windy!! Don't miss that humidity.
Are you gone Anne?
My foot kicked up big time yesterday but seems better today-back to the exercises. Mima

Tammy
05-10-2009, 05:08 PM
Just returned home from my aunt's house. I am one tired puppy! My aunt that was there said she is sure the other one will not be coming back to live there. My cousin and I hit the basement and started going through things and pitching. My aunt, SIL, and nephews were upstairs taking care of things. My aunt is a definite pack rat, so there was so much to go through. It is going to take a long time. My aunt is her executor, so she is planning an auction for sometime in the future. No rush on that right now though.

Glad the shower turned out well. Sounds like some nice gifts.

Happy Mother's Day to all.

I won't be back on till we get back next weekend. I still haven't finished packing, and we need to take Maurice to the doggy hotel yet tonight.

Mima
05-11-2009, 07:53 AM
Have fun at Disney!!
I went and cleaned out my aunt's house one time and she had saved lots of newspapers etc. It was awful.
We had a great day-Brett and ASngela stopped in unexpectedly-but it was nice. She gave me 2 pictures of them andd lilacs which I am allergic to!
We went to bring the desk to my aunt and had a nice visit. My cousin Pat came in-she has had surgery on her hand-it looked like mine with the bump-she also has fibro. I think I will get a cortisone shot in it tomorrow because I have to go to work and write. My brace makes it feel better but it's hard to write with it.
Bob and Pam had a nice barbecue and we had cake. Bad Mima. Brad had to leave the bedroom during the night because I had so much gas. I made fruit kabobs -may make some for Suzanne's big party for jim on sat. He's home-now they have to adjust to being together again.
We are putting the camper in our space this weekend. Gotta clean the bed -the mice love campers.
Hope everyone had a nice day yesterday. Mima

Kate53
05-12-2009, 09:00 AM
Good morning all...and I do hope it is a better one for me at least! Had an eventful day yesterday. We had been hearing some "gurgling" coming from the toilets and sink during our showers and while doing laundry for a few days. Well, enough to say that we couldn't believe that our 2 1/2 year old septic system on our 2 1/2 year old house was full already! There is only the two of us with interim visitors during our winter months. I was thinking that something was terribly wrong here and that the system may not have been installed right or that it was full of sand or something along those lines. I was getting ready to do battle for sure! Had a septic company come and pump it out. Come to find out, the filter was clogged up, which doesn't allow the "water" to drain into the drain field. Thank God it wasn't something serious as I just don't think I have another "fight" left in me! And to start yesterday morning off, I stepped on a fire ant nest first thing while walking her royal highness. I am soooo allergic to those little nasty things that one of my ankles is swollen and oozing that poison out of it. Just another fun day in my life in Florida! On a good note here, my pulmonary doctor who takes care of my sleep apnea lowered the pressure of my CPAP machine down significantly because of my weight loss yesterday. That was a great thing for me. I would like to wean myself off the machine completely by next year. That means more weight has to come off so I better buckle down and get to it! God, my ankle is itching like crazy right now but it is too sore to touch!!
I have yet to go to Disney....and I live only an hour and a half away. I just think it is too crowded for me and hubby would have a hard time walking the parks all day. Some day I would like to see Epcot though. Since we don't have children, we never really had the desire to visit the place. Being around that many screaming kids might just undo me!
Hope everyone is having a great day. We are suppose to get some rain this afternoon and tomorrow....heard this all before. We'll see. I have yet to see the weatherman on channel 12 predict anything right! We are desperate for the rain though...big wildfires south of us. I can't bear to think of all the wildlife that is being destroyed. Please do keep praying for rain here if just for that...I'm just a ray of sunshine today, huh??
Enjoy the rest of the day...have to try and soak this ankle. Even the Benedryl isn't working this time around.

Mima
05-13-2009, 08:14 AM
Oh those fire ants-hope the poison disappears quickly!
Going to get my 7 bottom teeth cleaned today! and go to the chiro.
Not sure about that Magic Jack phone-couldn't dial out from the other room.
Free trial!!
Sure glad your septic system is ok-we have one and also well water-1700 for the filter I should have gotten 7 years ago. Love not having the smell of rotten eggs.
Bye for now-Mima

Joanne D
05-13-2009, 10:09 AM
Kate - I usually put pure ammonia on bug bites..It kills the poisen in the bite. Put it on a piece of paper towel and apply to bite for a short while. A dr. told me once to make a paste of soda and put on bites..
Today is laundry for me.. I just have to do things one day at a time.. I need to put some fertilizer on some plants. God, we need the rain..Nothing is blooming or really growing..
My shoulders hurt all the time.. I think The arthritis is going to do me in before my time..
Not too much for me to whine about.. Back later.. Joanne

Happy Canuk
05-13-2009, 11:34 AM
Good morning.

Mima - sounds like you have now settled in to your new part of the house. Hope they clean those 7 teeth well :lol: I went to the dentist on Monday morning and had to have a small filling done. Haven't had a cavity for a very long time.

Kate - hope you get the itching under control soon. I don't think we have those type of ants here, thank heaven. There are some nasty ones though. Glad you got your tank fixed. Glad I don't have to worry about water or septic tanks.

Joanne - That arthritis can get very mean and painful. Hope it eases for you. When it is flaring it is just plain nasty.

Tammy - I guess you will be gone now, but I sure hope you have a wonderful trip.

I have been so busy the past week that I have not had a minute to sit and just play on the computer. Today is MY day. I am starting to get things ready for our trip, as we will be leaving on Saturday and will be gone for 3 weeks. My daughter still has a broken arm and it will be like that for quite some time. It is a big bone that broke and it will take months to heal. She has started PT now for range of motion exercies but no weight bearing. She has low blood pressure, got up to fast and fainted. Sprained the 3 finers on her other hand, along with bruises and rug burn and a black eye. Such a pretty sight! I saw her on Saturday, a week after it happened and she didn't look that good. It will be healed by the time we go though. Glad she didn't land on her broken arm!!!

Well, I hope you all have a good day.

MemeToo
05-14-2009, 03:42 AM
I am alive,
I am not dead,
I am awake,
I'm not in bed.

I cannot sleep,
I am in pain,
I cannot sleep,
Because of rain.

April showers
Leave by May,
But this rain
Seem here to stay!

Can you believe we have rain in the forecast every day the rest of the week? I'm trying so hard not to complain because I know in a few more weeks it will be hot and dry and we'll be wishing for rain. Joanne ... I can relate to the arthritis doing you in before your time and it's a lot worse when it rains.

I've been trying to do a little every day to clean out some of the junk around here. I bought a new jewelry chest that stands in the floor and sorted out all my jewelry one day. Today I went through all my CDs and put them in order ... WHEW ... I had a lot more than I thought. I bought boxes and I had a rack so I alphabatized them all. I want to take my room apart and do the blinds, curtains, etc. tomorrow & Fri. We'll see ... it's supposed to RAIN! May not feel up to it. We were supposed to go to Gatlinburg over Memorial Weekend but I think hubby has backed out of that. I wanted to go to my cousin's husband's 50th BD party in NC a week from Sat. but he said he didn't think he could get away to do that, either. I'm disappointed on both. I really need a break from this place but doesn't look like I'm going to get it any time soon. (Unless I just pack up and go alone! Now there's a thought.)

Hope everybody else that's taking vacations has a wonderful time! (Tammy, Anne)

Kate, wish I could send you some of this wet weather we're having! And Mima, hope you get over your ant bites quickly. I hate itching.

OK ... I know,
Enough's been said,
I am going
To go to bed!

I'll pray the Lord
My soul to keep,
And also pray
I get some sleep!!!

by Me(me)

Mima
05-14-2009, 08:24 AM
Cute, meme. There is a big party for Jim Sat night. Suzanne is getting anxious.
Danny is gone for Idol. He will do fine. He's better than the one who made it.
It's going to rain this afternoon. That's why I have pain. hey, I have 9 teeth-have to go back to get something done to my crown-coating.
Going to clean the camper. Ready for tomorrow,
Your poor daughter, Anne. Is she going on the trip?
Bye for now-Mima

Joanne D
05-14-2009, 10:44 AM
Meme- So much rain for you and we are not getting any here in Tarpon Springs. It rained all around us yesterday though.. I hurt rain or shine.. My legs were hurting so bad last night I didn't get much sleep.. Today is not much better..
Mima- I hate going to dentist.. I also hate going to the vet.. Got to take Christie back today.. The vet charges more than the dentist..
Hello Everybody..Joanne

Kate53
05-14-2009, 10:44 AM
Good morning everyone. A much better day here for me in Florida. We FINALLY had some rain night before last and it came down hard for a good part of the night. We could definitely use more though. We still have some terrible wild fires and the fire fighters could use the help.
Joanne, I tried the ammonia thing...doesn't work. Tried cortisone, baking soda paste, benadryl cream/spray, chigger ointment...you name it. I am so allergic to those little buggers that I swell up and the bites just ooze. Hubby wanted me to go to the doctor but I knew they would just give me a cortisone shot or something along those lines. I did find the solution though! (thanks to my thoughtful hubby and his ideas....) I made a solution of epsom salts and water, soaked a face cloth in it, heated the wet cloth in the microwave and put it over the bites as a poultice. Voila! No more itch, the swelling has gone down and the oozing is much less now. I finally got to sleep a whole night last night and feel much better. I am going to have to be very careful to watch where I walk I guess!
I managed to get so much done yesterday too. Vacuumning & shampooing rugs, washed floors and cleaned bathrooms all day. House is pretty clean now. Queenie is next! She's going to get another bath this weekend before her next flea treatment. I use that monthly topical stuff.... I am definitely feeling all that activity today! Know what you mean about the sore shoulders,Joanne. We bought that new latex mattress just for that reason...my shoulders and hips are the worst for the pain and the new mattress does help with those pressure areas.
Anne, I hope you enjoy your trip and that your daughter gets well soon. That must be terribly restricting to have your arm not functioning. It seems her recovery is just taking so long. I do hope she gets better soon.
Meme, I used to travel alone all the time. My hubby and I worked together for almost 20 years and we always took separate vacations. We also had two german shepard dogs that I would not kennel so we had to take turns going away. Besides, it was nice to get a break from each other. It's great to do just the things you want to do and eat when you feel like it and such. I always found it very relaxing to not have to cater to someone else's needs. Sometimes I would go away with a GF for a long weekend. We always enjoyed that "space". Now we are together all the time (except when he is working). He does still go up to see his folks alone though....but that is more a necessary thing rather than a vacation. I hope you get to go to at least one of these functions....I say go for it! You might find you enjoy the time by yourself.
Off to do some grocery shopping. Need to plan a few meals for the weekend. I'm still playing with those two pounds off, two pounds on. my doctor is going to pitch a fit when I see him next. I just can't seem to get past this 42 pound mark. I do need to motivate myself to exercise more and cut back to 1-2 carbs a day again. Need to concentrate on improving my lifestyle!!
Hope everyone enjoys their day...

MemeToo
05-14-2009, 04:27 PM
Kate, up until just a couple of years ago I went off by myself occasionally as well. I would go to NC and visit for a week or so and go to Nashville for a weekend alone. I'm having a lot of trouble walking now, though. And, also, problems carrying things ... like luggage, etc. I have no energy and don't really think I can make a trip alone right now. It's frustrating! I've always been so darn independent ... I'd leave him and be gone in a flash. He knows that, too! I feel trapped sometimes. Oh well ... such is life I guess. It could be so much worse!

Mima
05-15-2009, 06:59 AM
Good morning-talk about alone time. I read my post from yesterday and it was all short sentences. That's what annoys me about Brad-sometimes-I am with him night and day. But soon he will be going to work and I will be going to work-both on Monday and I will miss him.
We are bringing to camper to the campground today. It's only 11 miles away.
So glad you found something for those fire ants, Kate.
I changed the speed of my computer-we will see if I am ok with that.
I don't mind going to the dentist because I really like the hygenist-we catch up when she takes stuff out of my mouth. It's funny when you try to talk .
I agree about the cost of the vet!!!!!
Bye for now-Mima

Kate53
05-15-2009, 10:04 AM
Good morning everyone. A cloudy but dry day so far here. We might get some rain later...I hope! Went back to phase 1 of SB this morning. I sure hope I can survive the no-carb phase for a few days. I need to get my carb portions under control again and jump start this diet...going without for a few days should help.
Meme, I didn't realize you were having a "mobility" problem. It's hard to feel dependent on someone else to be able to travel. I surely hope your hubby realizes how much you would enjoy participating in these events and will reconsider going with you to at least one of them.
Speaking of husbands and dependency; my neighbor's hubby (the A/C repairman) just got "officially" laid off from his company. Not enough work to keep everyone busy and because he has so many health problems, his boss is letting him go. I guess he is going to try to get disability benefits through social security. I don't think he realizes how difficult that is going to be...or if he even qualifies. He's only 45 years old....I really feel badly for his two kids. The mom is great with those kids and tries to do so much for them inspite of the dad. God forbid he should go out and look for a job with another company. I just hope things work out for them somehow. She is very dependent on him for the income to pay the mortgage and bills so it looks like some changes are coming for the entire family with him out of work. It seems this terrible economy is affecting everyone in some way or another. Her situation has made me think about what I would do if something happened to my hubby or his job. We are dependent on his work income now as well. I had better start thinking about a Plan B, yes??
I usually don't admit this to many people, but I love going to the dentist. Everyone I have said that to gives me the strangest look....must be because so many people don't like going but I truly do. I go to the dentist every 6 months. I do take excellent care of my teeth....it's one of my issues.
Need to find some interesting recipes for vegetable side dishes. I can use most veggies but need to be mindful of added fat and no carbs. Maybe tonight I will saute up some garlic and spinach in olive oil with a little red wine vinegar. Or maybe some roasted zucchini with onions and garlic. I am having a problem being creative with food lately...I need to find some new recipes online.
Hope everyone enjoys their day. Bye for now....

Happy Canuk
05-15-2009, 11:31 AM
Good morning. It's a cool day here in Alberta, but warmer than it has been. Then it is going to turn cool again. Only been around 40F for the past couple of weeks, and even with the warming trend it is only around 60 and then going back to the 40's. This is the weekend that everybody plants their gardens and it is the busiest of all for the greenhouses. However, they may buy them, but I don't think they will plant them just YET. The weatherman said last night, he doesn't think it will get up pat 18(68F) until the at least the first week of June!!!! This has been the coldest Spring that I can ever remember. The leaves are JUST coming out on the trees, so it is at least 2 weeks behind.

Mima - have fun at the party for your SIL. Everybody must be so happy to have him back on US soil.

Meme - Sorry you are having so much trouble the last while with your mobility. That isn't good, especially for you, who should have roller blades on, to begin with :lol: I hope that you can get away somewhere for a weekend. You could surely use the break.

Kate - you LOVE the dentist??? I get people in the lab, that LOVE having blood taken too, but they are NOT the norm. I was to the dentist and had my teeth cleaned. I usually go every 6 months, but this time, time slipped away, but my teeth were really, really clean. Only took a few minutes to do them and then the check up. I did have one small cavity that needed to be filled, so I did that on Monday, and that is the part I hate. Glad you got the burning and itching to stop.

Joanne - Vets and Dentists are both outrageous. Don't know who can afford either one. Thankfully, we have dental insurance.

Well, this will be my last post. We are leaving tomorrow and will be back on the 08 June. Be happy, stay safe and happy, healthy eating to you all.

Kate53
05-16-2009, 11:16 AM
Good morning all. I have discovered that once you start typing to the forum, you can not get up and leave your message unfinished, thinking to return to it. It will disappear! Anne, do have a wonderful time on your trip. How adventurous...Denmark! I hope you enjoy the time with your family. Funny you mentioned the lab and drawing blood, too. I worked as a medical assistant for a doctor back in 2000 for a brief time and one of my jobs was phlebotomy. I was good at it too but I wish I had kept it up with my certification as now I would like to do something like that part time here. Unfortunately, since it has been so long, some of the procedures have probably changed and I would have to take a refresher course or something.
Hubby had to work today so I am taking it easy. Queenie had a late walk last night and started to act up passing another neighborhood dog . I must have dug in my heels pretty hard and pulled a muscle in the back of my thigh, maybe the upper hamstring. It's been aching high up near my butt all morning. She can be such a "poop" with territorial issues sometimes. I'll have to try and stretch it out in the pool later.
Still windy, sunny and hot here with no rain in sight. Weather forecast says maybe a thunder storm and showers later this afternoon.....that's a maybe. We still need rain desperately. I think the neighborhood code enforcer has been going around catching people who are watering their lawns on unassigned days. I've been seeing notices on peoples doors when I walk. I couldn't imagine having that job!
Need to do some laundry and change the bed linens. Hope everyone enjoys their day and is feeling happy and healthy! I might break down and have homemade pizza on whole wheat crust tonight...sure is hard to stay away from those carbs once you start putting them back into your diet! Bye for now....

Joanne D
05-16-2009, 07:02 PM
Hello Everybody.. I too will be back on the South Beach starting tomorrow.. Bread is a big downfall for me.. I am used to cereal in the morning so that will be another problem. The Dr told me to eat 2 bannas a day but I have been only eating one . My Pot. has been good so I hope it doesn't act up this week..As I said I will get to the treadmil tomorrow . It is too hot to walk far outside..
Christie acts up too when she sees other dogs and people.. She used to be bad about school busses. There are a lot of them around here as I live within a mile of all three schools.(grade levels)She still hates the big trucks and mail trucks. I will be glad when she gets out of these phases..My shoulders may be get better too. Lots of pain last night and today..
We had abou 10 min. of rain yesterday. Very light. Didn't do any good..By the time it gets to us it is about done. Also we live 1 .50 miles from the gulf. So it goes right on out fast..
Joanne

Kate53
05-17-2009, 08:10 AM
Good morning all. Weather forecast says rain for three days starting tomorrow or Tuesday! I sure hope it does and we get a lot of it. That will take the pressure off these overworked firefighters.
Joanne, Queenie happens to be a breed (Great Pyrenees) that aquires territory....meaning they expand their territory over a period of time. She started out with a few blocks around our house when I rescued her to now having about a three mile radius that we walk, alternating the route everyday. She's actually very social with most of the other neighborhood dogs, especially on "neutral" grounds like the parks, but there are a few "assertive" female dogs in the neighborhood she would love to get at. She doesn't accept growling of aggressive dogs approaching her. She has a dominant attitude....much like her owner I guess some would say;)
She also shys away from loud trucks and school buses. She was found wandering around in an agricultural area of Vero Beach loaded with fleas and very thin. I couldn't imagine what she had been through but she sure is fat and happy now!
I ended up making that pizza last night and it was delicious but very filling. I really need to concentrate on not eating carbs with every meal now. Even though they are the "good" carbs and all whole grain, you can still over do it and stall the weight loss. Haven't done much exercising lately either. Once this muscle in my leg stops aching, I'll have no excuse! Hope everyone enjoys the rest of the day. It's going to be a hot and humid one here today.

Mima
05-17-2009, 08:27 AM
Good morning. The party was great despite the long drive. Jim has such a big family-everyone brang food. I made lots of ravioli, lots of cookies and brownies-washing those dishes today because th dishwasher is sitting in the garage.
Went to set up camper, it got stuck, owner helped Brad the next day. The people there are so nice. There is a recall on our refrigerator-could catch on fire. Hope it can be fixed easily. we are not moving it!!!
Work tomorrow-looking forward to seeing my friends.
Anne-hope you have a marvelous time.
We sat with Bob and Pam last night. Still wondering if they have anything up their sleeve about the wedding because she keeps asking me when I will be going back-her mom goes in Oct too. ???????????????
It's raining here.
Bye for now Mima

Mima
05-18-2009, 06:03 AM
It's off to work I go-hi ho, hi ho. Mima

Candicej
05-18-2009, 02:03 PM
Migo.....try ambien cr (timed released)

Meme.will try that.

Mima..cutians?

HI JOann sick pups are like sick kids.

Gotta gop unwind been up all night with gateway trying to figure waranty out9they say I don't ahve it with themand HSN says I do so I faxed and emailed reciets to them..what a pain....my m neck is ver tight so off to relax.

Got real sick form conoscopy test, threwup and pooped for days after with very bad headach. Couldn't keep anyting down. OK now.........

Tamm\y...I don't do fast food very often. once in a blue moon.

Kate. I do not want the flu..any kind of flu......keep it there:P

Joanne D
05-18-2009, 07:03 PM
Kate ,Christie is a pug. They have a stubborn mind of their own.. I have learned a lot about this breed.. She is usually very good and when she is bad she goes off with a smile on her face.. I think she enjoys being a bully..
Candice - I swear I will never have another colonoscope,EVER. The last one was a nightmare.. The prep was awful. I too was going to the bathroom steady for 3 days. I had to take immodium to stop it.
Mima- You do love to work. Or is it spending time with your friends.. I guess the extra money is good too.
Meme- I have never gone off to anywhere alone.. Usually some member of the family was with me.. I think I would be in heaven if I could have one week alone..
We got some rain last night and today.. Hopefully more coming. The weather man says we may get a tropical system from the south this week. The storm season has started early..
Joanne

Candicej
05-19-2009, 12:49 AM
Joanne..I agree with you on hte colon thing..I had to take peptobismal (sp) foir my tummy too. I never want another one either....the new prep is bad and they do not tell you that....the old prep was taken off the market due to a child drinking it and dying.........that sucks!

I AM STILL FUEDING WITH GATEWAY..by the tu=ime they get me u[pdated in their system it will be expeired..I jsut wnatedc some tech supoort on 3 questions and they will not answer unless I pay 60 buck........NOT gonna happen....and my keyboard the letters are peeling or rubbing off..no biggey but thought maybe they would send some new ones..guess not. My extended warrenty start the 20th but they will not cover the keys cause it happend before their policy starts....like I said it sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My neck and shoulders are so tight...just gets my goat ttat they can do this when you pay so much for protection....what happened to the customer comes first and is always right!!!!!!!!!!!

Lanscaper never showed either..he is 3 weeks behind here, needs to replace stuff that didn't make through winter.

Kate53
05-19-2009, 09:35 AM
Good morning everyone. Well, I asked for rain and boy, do we have rain!! I am draining the pool as we speak. Already about 4 inches with more coming next two days. Yikes....Our contracotr for our pool didn't put in an Overflow pipe through the skimmer so we have to attach a hose to the pump and drain the excess water out to the driveway. And that pool installation was not cheap! Live and learn I say....
Candice, I know how frustrating it can be dealing with these big companies. I am having a problem with my office jet printer. It keeps saying there is a paper jam and there is none. Doesn't want to continue printing until you hit the "OK" button. A real pain in the neck. It almost ended up on the front lawn last night. I banged it around a bit hoping it would break so I'd have an excuse to buy another printer...no such luck. Patience was never one of my virtues, that's for sure. I'm an "instant gratification" kind of gal.
Queenie does not like going out in the rain. She has no problem if it starts raining while we're out walking but she won't budge if I ask her to go for a walk in the rain. Go figure that one out! She's a strange dog....and we must have a new resident in the neighborhood as we ran into a new guy walking his dog this morning in between down pours. He neglected to "pick up" too! Not good...we'll have to get him trained I guess :)
This rain makes for a very lazy atmosphere I think. Can't complain though...we do need this rain so much so I will just try to go with the flow. Hubby went to work this morning but called a couple of hours ago and said they had suspended the jobs due to rain. I am surprised he isn't home yet...wonder if this means he will be home for the next few days....:( That will drive me nuts, I think.
I am obsessing about this swine flu thing....3 new cases confirmed here in south Florida and hubby is traveling in a couple of weeks to go up and see his folks. Hope he is washing his hands a lot. I will give him some hand sanitizer to take with him on the plane. Flu we do NOT need here.....
Off to run a few errands. Hope everyone enjoys the day.

Joanne D
05-19-2009, 02:16 PM
Kate- You get more rain on your side of fl. than we do. Although we have got some for the past couple days. Looking for more..
I am in my 4th day of South Beach .. So far clean. My surgar should be better,not sure about the colesterol. It went up the last time I used it..Another 4-5 lbs and I will have some pizza...:)
Candice- No such thing as the custormer is always right anymore.. The one taking your money is right..In their mind..
I found out that if I give Christie some pumpkin or cherrios it will help clear her anal glans.. This problem has cost me 4 hundred 90 dollars.. Can you believe vets can get that kind of money for this problem!!! Someone told me to go to pet smart . They have vets there. I priced them and found out that they are much the same.
Hello Mima.. Meme..
Joanne

Kate53
05-19-2009, 10:33 PM
Joanne, pumpkin is especially effective for helping a dog "go" without too much effort. My old vet recommended about a tablespoon full at each meal to keep things moving. Very high fiber for dogs. Anal gland problems are so difficult to correct. Unless you have your dog groomed regularly and the groomer "expresses" them, occasional trips to the vet will be part of the routine. Don't discourage, just follow the pumpkin in the diet and hopefully that will help. Those glands give off some nasty smelling stuff and I wouldn't want to have to be the one to do it!
Still raining here....lots of it. It stops briefly and then starts pouring again. All the swales are full and you can hear those peeper frogs going crazy...even with the house closed up and the A/C on! It's like living in the jungle here all of a sudden! Poor Queenie, she's bored out of her mind being confined to the house. She got soaked yesterday and is just drying now. She gets out long enough to go to the bathroom and then I march her white butt back in the house...I'll pay for this rain confinement later I'm sure!
Off to bed. Hubby has the day off tomorrow because of all the rain. Oh joy! I can hardly wait....(sarcasm here)....Bye for now.

Candicej
05-20-2009, 03:43 AM
WE bought some dirt and flowers today not too many..just enough for the boxes on the front porch and a few others for out on the patio. Got some planted and now I hurt. Getting ready to put turkey tenderlooins int he oven and glaze them with orange and honey for supper later if Ic an get up!

Joanne what kinda of a problem is Christie having with the anals? I ahve the vet do Jaspers when he gets a check up and I do it inbetween times if he needs it. Its not so bad if you wear rubber gloves and wash their butt afterwards.

Need to check with gateway again.....

Candicej
05-20-2009, 04:13 AM
Happy Birthday Meme

:bday2you:Happy Happy Birthday Meme

Tammy
05-20-2009, 11:59 AM
Hello! We've been home, but things have just been hectic so I haven't been on here since we returned. Disney was wonderful! I enjoy it there so much. So much so that I am buying into the Disney Vacation Club. Kate, they have a place at Vero Beach! Maybe I'll come there sometime.

Mima, I love lilacs. Glad I"m not allergic to them. I haven't made fruit kabobs for a while. Sounds good!

Kate, I also liked going to the dentist, but now I might now. Our dentist just retired, and I don't know if I'll find someone I like as well as her. I think you would like Epcot. That is my favorite of the parks. If you go to Disney in January-March, it really isn't super crowded. In fact, it wasn't that bad last week. There were several school groups there while we were there this time.

Joanne, sorry the arthritis is bothering your shoulders. Hope things are better for you.

Candice, that turkey with orange and honey sounds pretty good!

Meme, your jewelry chest sounds similar to the one I got for Christmas a couple years ago. It did help me get organized.

I'm sure Anne is having a great time in Denmark. Hope she posts pictures again!

That's all for now!

Joanne D
05-21-2009, 10:23 AM
Tammy- Glad you had a good time at disney..
Meme- Happy Birthday
I know that if anyone would know how to resolve my problem it may be you. I have not been getting Email from 3Fc, I have tried several ways to get an email off to them but just can't seem to get it done. I must have the wrong address..??
Hello Everybody.. Joanne

Kate53
05-21-2009, 11:20 AM
Good morning all. Just a quick post and I'm off to the airport to pick up some friends arriving for the holiday weekend. Fortunately, they have their own house a few streets over and we only spend an evening or two with them while they are here. Hubby has had a few days off due to the rain but will most likely go back tomorrow. He really doesn't have a lot of time off so we don't plan to entertain too much. I will invite them for dinner on Saturday evening.
Rain has slowed a bit here but still coming down heavy in spurts. Tornedo warnings up last evening....and water spouts predicted for the shore today. Everything has gotten so green and so quickly it is unbelievable! Our drought index has dropped about 400 points too...we were up in the 700's.
Tammy, the Vero Beach Disney Resort is supposed to be quite nice. I have never been there but my neighbors have gone for dinner and such and really enjoyed it. It's right on the beach on A1A...a great location. Maybe once my hubby decides to do something about his knees, we will be able to walk around Epcot. For that matter, I can always go with a friend and leave him home, right?? We'll see. Off to shower and then head to the airport. Hope everyone enjoys their day. Happy Birthday, Meme!!

MemeToo
05-21-2009, 05:43 PM
Thanks for all the "HAPPYS" ... it really was, too.

Son took me to Cheddars for lunch & daughter joined us. She took me to Red Lobster the other day. He got me a gift cert. from Life Way Christian Store, She got me a game for my Nintendo. Hubby gave me money for a new camara or a new phone & blue tooth; I've been wanting both so he said he didn't know which I wanted most (I don't either - hard to choose). :p Then I went to the park where our church seniors were having a celebration picnic at 4:30 and hung out with them until church time at 6:30 ... on to church then out to eat at Cracker Barrel with friends. Some of our close friends are taking me to Outback for dinner tomorrow night, too. All this attention could go to a person's head ... ya think? If I get all this at 62 what WILL it be at 70??? :D

Sounds like some of you are getting our rain. It is finally warm and sunny here but don't know how long it's going to last. They are predicting a possibility of showers for tomorrow and Sat. Then a greater percentage next week. We are planning a picnic with friends at a state park on Mon. so hope they are wrong!

Must go do a little house work and earn my keep ... then to church and practice, I'm doing the worship service Sun. morning so I had to put the team together and get all the songs, etc. plus lead the music ... hate that on Memorial weekend ... patriotic songs.

Mahina Lani
05-21-2009, 05:49 PM
Hi everyone.
*waves shyly*

I've had fibromyalgia and M.E for about 6 ish years (although as my introduction thread says, I've had the symptoms for a lot longer) and I'm finding it a real struggle to lose weight and exercise.
I am at the moment having to walk with a stick for support, which I'm hating...I've adopted a low GI eating plan, which I'm hoping will help me lose a little weight and at the end of this month I'm buying a exercise bike so I can make a small start at getting a bit more active.

I have decided that I'm fed up of allowing this illness to take over me and my life!

Mima
05-22-2009, 07:19 AM
Hi Lani-good goals. Fibro does not have to take over your life and there are things to help with the pain. But moving is the best thing.
Home from work-almost 4 days because my boss wanted me to stay extra but I messed up on the last set of papers. Hate that.It happens to others also.
And I am hurting!! I guess my back from sitting. We are going to the camper tonight after I do much wash and pay bills. Brad did the dishes last night. I should have taken a picture.
Going to the cemeteries tomorrow. I am going to plant some perennials and see if they come back up.
I love Epcot-glad you had a nice time. You can rent a wheelchair, Kate. But the you would have to push and that wouldn't be good for your back,
Wow-seems like you had a nice birthday, Meme-a belated Happy one to you.
Those turkey cutlets sound nice,
Good for you, Joanne. I have been eating way too much. But not eating wheat or dairy . The caterer is so nice, giving me chicken to save for the next day. 4 days next week too.
Have a nice weekend. all. Mima

Mahina Lani
05-22-2009, 08:02 AM
Thanks Mima.

Having a blah day today...I'm finding it hard to get proper sleep at the moment because I can't get comfortable so I'm waking up shattered and aching.
So annoying.

But thankfully it's nearly the weekend and OH and I are moving to a slightly larger apartment in our building and the landlord has been kind enough to let us move things in before we take over the place at the end of the month; which makes our job easier!

Kate53
05-22-2009, 10:07 AM
Good morning everyone! It has started out as a nice sunny morning but I think the forecast says rain every afternoon for the entire weekend. It has been very windy too which I happen to love. I've always been a "wind child".
Welcome Lani. We all have those yuk days when everything hurts and motivation is low. If your sleep issues have been ongoing, I would suggest getting a sleep study done to determine if you have obstructive sleep apnea. They have determined that disrupted sleep patterns might contribute to FM because you are not getting the right amount of REM sleep. I've had apnea for a very long time but finally did the study and got a CPAP machine a few years ago. I sleep wonderfully now and it has made a difference in my pain level...along with my attitude in general. There is no question you need sleep to rejuvenante the body. Staying active is key to managing FM but having a positive attitude can be difficult when you're in pain all the time. Work with your doctor to find the right medications. Have you seen a chiropractor or rhuemotologist? Not sure what medical treatments are available in the UK for FM but you might try the NFA website (fmaware.org) Good Luck.
Mima, absolutely not on the wheelchair! If hubby can't modulate on his own two feet, he's going to have a big problem! Either that or he can get a motorized version for himself. I've been after him for 2 months now to do something about his knees because he can hardly walk. One of the friends that came down yesterday has a knee problem and is headed for surgery. We're having dinner with them on Saturday and he will talk to my hubby about the whole thing. Perhaps man to man might make a difference...we'll see. Hubby just needs motivation and needs to take control of his health issues. I can't do that for him.
Meme, sounds like you have had a good long week of a b-day! Don't you wish everyday could be like that??
Need to prep some stuff for dinner tomorrow night. Tuscan Chicken Pallard over whole wheat linguine (has artichoke hearts, spinach, olives, tomatoes, white wine etc). Making a traditional key lime pie for dessert (my GF's favorite) and I am going to have a big slice of it too! Hope everyone enjoys their day.

Tammy
05-22-2009, 12:09 PM
Kate, glad to hear that your friends have their own place so you won't have people again. I talked to my son about the Vero Beach place, and he told me to go for it sometime! Maybe we'll get to meet? there are scooter rentals to use at the parks. Would your hubby consider that? When we went in 2006, I used a wheelchair. Key lime pie was one of Bob's favorites. Sounds good right now!

Meme, sounds like you had some yummy places to eat for your birthday! Tim treated me to a meal at Disney for mine. He also had taken me to Godfather's Pizza earlier in the month. Hmmm. Wonder if he and his fiance would want to go there this weekend!

Lani, Welcome to the group!! Good for you on making the decision to buy the exercise bike. I used to do water aerobics, and it did help me feel pretty good. I'm able to regular aerobic classes with modifications now. That's great that you are able to move things in a bit at a time. That always helps.

Joanne D
05-22-2009, 02:18 PM
Welcome Lani- We all have the bad days and sleepless nights.. It is hard for me to get to sleep at night at times.. I have arthritis (osteo) and pain keeps me awake at times. my hubby says I need to learn to shut down my mind.. Never been able to do that.. He has no problem with doing that. He does it several times a day!!!!
Get on a good eating plan and exercise.. Walking is good. A little bit each day and going farther and longer slowly will help. Before you know it you will start reaching a goal. Never give up!!
Kate- Men are such wimps at times.. Your hubby needs to take the bull by the horns and get his knees done. Maybe his Dr. can get through to him.. There have been times when I had to get the dr. to talk to mine in order to get him to do things.. Like mowing the yard that never got mowed because he really can't do those things anymore at 84 years old.. He lets the son do it now. He has a riding mower.
Mima- going on 5th day. Lost 3 lbs,slipped a couple times but jumped right back on the eating plan..I bought a honey ham today . That might mess me up..Salty
I have never been to Epcot
Tammy- I sent a message to 3 FC forum. They told me that another member was having the same problem as I am not getting mail from 3FC.. I have to go to main menu each time to get on here.
Shoulder feeling better.. Hope it lasts. Two weeks of pain was getting old.. It is still a little sore.
Hello Meme
Have a good weekend everybody.. Joanne

Mahina Lani
05-23-2009, 08:15 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome!

Ordered my exercise bike today - just have to wait for them to contact me to arrange delivery.

How's everyone doing today?

Tammy
05-23-2009, 12:03 PM
Joanne, I cracked up about your hubby shutting down his mind several times a day! It is hard to just let things go sometimes, isn't it? Maybe you and I should just hit Epcot sometime! Wonder what the deal is with 3fc? I haven't been having any problems (yet!).

Hi Lani! I'm sure you'll enjoy the bike when you get it.

I was up late last night and early this morning. Decided I didn't have anything to do today, so I went back to bed. I think that was the best sleep I've had for a while. Felt great.

Do you guys remember my niece getting married last summer? Her husband has just been diagnosed with stage 3 hodgkins. He hadn't had any symptoms up until a couple weeks ago. He had been to the gym and thought he had pulled a muscle but it just keep hurting. He went for a checkup and a tumor was discovered. That was removed last Monday (5" by 2" in his chest). He'll be starting chemo soon. His younger brother had cancer several years ago and is doing well now. all prayers would be appreciated.

That's all for now. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Joanne D
05-23-2009, 06:48 PM
Tammy- I finally got a message to susanne in 3fc. She said another member was having the same problem.. I just go to the forum to get here..
Epcot sounds like fun. Maybe I can get my sister Mary or better yet my daughter to go with me. The hubby won't go that far. He sure won't give up the car for me to go alone..It is 20 years old and I wouldn't want to chance it anyhow..
Lani- The bike sounds good. I had one once. I didn't like it so sold it. I like getting out and walking..The treadmil still needs dusting.. I'll get there.
I cheated today and had some pizza.. My stomach feels yuk as I haven't been eating any breads lately..OH WELL tomorrow is coming..
Hello Everybody.. Joanne

Tammy
05-23-2009, 10:00 PM
Joanne, glad you are still able to get here! Let me know if you go to Epcot, maybe I'll fly back down and go along!! I too had an exercise bike, but it hurt my back to use it. I really like the recumbant ones at the Y. We are going for pizza tomorrow after church. I've been doing well, so I guess having some won't hurt me as long as I don't go overboard.

My goal for the first session of the weight loss class I'm doing was 12 pounds. I hit that. This session is half over, and my goal was 12 again. Well, I've only lost 3. I think our last class is the beginning of July. I don't think I'm going to lose 9 more. I know my clothes are fitting so much better because of all of the exercise that I'm doing. I'm getting better about doing things on the days that I don't have class at the Y.

wonder if Anne is thinking about us while she's in Denmark?

Mahina Lani
05-24-2009, 07:36 AM
Hey if you guys are going to Epcot, swing by the UK and pick me up; I wanna go to Universal and IoA!!
:lol:

I miss Orlando, I need to go back.

Having a small baking day, made low GI cookies and falafel. Just waiting on my landlord to take his "do not disturb sign" off of his door so the OH can get the keys to the other apartment and start moving stuff in.

Don't worry about the pizza, Joanne. We all have our days when we slip and eat something we maybe shouldn't.
I've incorporated a "day off" into my diet - it means that every Sunday I can eat whatever I want (so long as I don't go overboard, of course!) It actually helps me stop craving things, as I tell myself "if I still want it Sunday I'll have it then".

Kate53
05-24-2009, 10:07 AM
Good morning everyone. A beautiful day here in Florida so far. Possible rain showers again this afternoon. Had a wonderful dinner last night at our friends house. It came out better than expected and everyone enjoyed it. Hubby is finally getting the message about taking care of health issues. My GF has convinced me to make an appointment for a colonoscopy. She said it was time and there is nothing to it....we'll see about that last part.
I find stationary cycling very boring...I would never be able to stick with it. Of course, I'm also having trouble just motivating myself to get on the elliptical every other day but I do love it when I get to it. I am finding exercise in general very difficult lately...who am I kidding? I'm trying to take today off as well but the "Queen" and hubby are always are at my heels expecting something. Not today and I mean it! So both of you... go lay down!!!
Had hubby buy me a scrub brush with a handle to wash down the pool patio area. After all this rain, it looks shabby from all the "fall out" that washes throught he screening. I'll have it spiffy in no time though. The pool water is chilly right now from no sun. Hopefully it will warm up fast this week. How expensive is it to get into Epcot? Maybe I will go to the website and see what is available for an overnighter and leave hubby home to take care of Queenie. That would be sweet!
Looking forward to a lazy day ladies, so hope everyone enjoys theirs and is feeling okay...

Joanne D
05-24-2009, 11:00 AM
Kate Colonoscopy? Boy do you have a surprise coming!!!It is the prep that is so bad.. I always make them put me to sleep for the procedure.I need it by then..I meant what I said.. NEVER AGAIN!!
Tammy- I mentioned Epcot to my daughter. She said maybe .. She is so busy. School is out next week and her hubby already has a camping trip lined up..They put Sam(rottweiler)in the truck and go. They have a nice 5th wheel they pull. They leave the pitbull at home. He is pretty old.. The daughter checks on him . If we do line up a trip I'll let you know.. It is hard for me to get away. The hubby doesn't do well with Christie with me away. When I was sick and in the hospital and rehab 23 days it was a nightmare..He wasn't coping well and I had to call the son to go over several times..
Lani-It was not only the pizza but the bread sticks and the icecream. You are right about taking a day off though.. This one cost me a lb.Just got to get through the next 2 days now.I am 76 and have lost most of all my weight. It is hard when you have only a few gained lbs to lose . My body has slowed down

Joanne

Mahina Lani
05-25-2009, 02:26 PM
Boy am I tired today!

Started moving stuff up to the new apartment yesterday and then walked to the store to return some blank DVD-R's that were faulty and did some baking.
Today was gorgeous weather, so OH and I went into town to go to the Oceanarium (my favorite place) and to take a slow walk along the beach.
We ended up walking around for about 3 hours!

Am home now and curled up under the blanket recovering. Tomorrow will be a stay at home day, I think.

I actually had some bread yesterday for the first time in about 3 weeks....I think I'll stick with either not having it or maybe having it once a week...Can't deal with the bloat!!

Tammy
05-25-2009, 03:56 PM
Lani, I like the idea of giving yourself a day off to have what you want to eat. Glad to hear that you were able to get into the new apartment. That will help so much doing it a little at a time. sounds like you have had a wonderful day, but I would be tired too!

Kate, when I do ride the bike at the Y, I usually have a book or magazine with me. I have a friend who read while on the treadmill, but I'm not that adventurous yet. Not sure what the prices are at Disney. Last year we bought 10 day tickets that didn't expire. I would definitely do that again since we are probably going again.

Joanne, I had forgotten that your daughter is a teacher. The best times to go to Disney are when it isn't so hot. Much less miserable. I had pizza this weekend, and I also had ice cream. Yum! I don't do that often, so I feel ok with it.

Tim's fiance just left for home. He's working on homework for his class tomorrow. He works at Arby's from 6:00 till closing tonight. Not sure what Maurice and I will do. I have my Bible study finished for the week! I had been behind, but now I am caught up, and even a little bit ahead!! Woo hoo!

Joanne D
05-26-2009, 09:54 AM
Tammy- I agree about the heat at any of these parks in the summer..I have been there in the rain. Now that was the times I liked them.. I usually wear a big hat and carry a straw fan.. But in the cool weather they are so crowded you can't move..I still want to see Epcot.. maybe someday..
Lani- I seldom eat white bread or pasta or white rice or potato . The bloat and cal. are hard to live with.. I have been trying to stay away from all carbs. This weekend I failed.
Hello Kate.. Meme,Mima I hope you all had a nice weekend..
Joanne

Kate53
05-26-2009, 10:38 AM
Good morning all. Quiet day yesterday...had planned on keeping it that way but my GF and her hubby stopped over last evening. Really put the pressure on trying to get dinner on the table at a reasonable hour. That didn't happen. Ended up walking the Queen at 7 pm when they left so didn't get to dinner until after 8. That really isn't my thing but what could I do? Tell them to disappear? She will be back today to print out her boarding pass for tomorrow's flight home.
My understanding is that there are several different ways available for the colonoscopy "prep" now. You don't have to drink that gallon of stuff anymore. They have smaller bottles of the phosphate you can mix with a beverage or some pills that you can take now. One of my other GF just did her test using the pill method. Her insurance didn't cover the entire cost of the "prep" but she didn't care...just wanted it to be easy. She said it was a breeze compared to the liquid. I do need to schedule this thing so I will opt for the easiest way myself. I'm scheduling for this fall. Just get it done I guess.
Need to get something done around the house today. Taking my friends back to the airport tomorrow morning and then will finish doing the pool area. It's been very hot and humid past few days with scattered showers and t-storms. We are due for even more rain this week. I guess we are truly in our "rainy" season now! Will definitely make up for the drought conditions we've had.
Hope everyone enjoys theri day.

Tammy
05-26-2009, 01:06 PM
When we went to Disney in February when the high school bands were there, it was wonderful. No lines, cool weather. I liked going in May last year and this year. I think the longest we waited in line anywhere was 25 minutes, so I didn't think that was too bad. My friend that works there mentioned coming back in October for the Food & Wine Festival at Epcot. I am seriously considering it. Tim thinks I should go for it, so I just might.

Anyone want to meet at Epcot in October????

Kate, I don't like to have dinner that late. Pushes into my snack time! LOL
Where do you have to take your friend to the airport? Nearby I hope.

I had all the windows open but had to shut them because of rain. Had to turn on the A/C since it was so stuffy in here. It's only in the 70's outside, but it has been humid before the rain. Doing laundry for fun and excitement today. It never ends!

Joanne D
05-27-2009, 06:44 PM
Hello Everybody.. Looks like everybody has gone on vacation.. that is what I need.. A week at a beach..
My G/son called us today and told us the baby will be a boy.. Guess I will get a few things for a boy.. Our daughter tells me that his wifes family have already started buying baby things.. One thing I know this girl thinks high style.. Well Walmart , Pennys or Sears is as high as I get..The baby won't know the difference..
I usually eat dinner around 5 pm. Sometimes 6. Any later and it is just a snack. If we are busy or away from the house and we eat a late lunch it is not much at all at dinner..or nothing at all.
It is getting hot here in Florida. Humid.. AC going all the time.. We hate to see those bills..
I still haven't gotten to the t/m. Need more motivation..
Joanne

Tammy
05-28-2009, 12:28 AM
Joanne, I agree with you about the baby not knowing the difference. They grow so fast, it's silly to go "high class" when buying clothes. Bob and I would sometimes just have snacks instead of meals. I've been trying to eat balanced meals lately since I've been doing the program I'm on. I don't think I have anything happening like I did a few weekends in a row, so maybe I will be able to lose some more. I'm with you on not wanting to see the bills, and I know I won't have my AC on as much as you will.

Kate53
05-28-2009, 09:52 AM
Good morning everyone. I understand the A/C thing all too well! We have very high (vaulted) ceilings and even though it is a new home and has extra insulation in the attic, the A/C seems to be running all the time now. I'm due to get my electric bill any day...yikes! I am surprised at how cool the evenings have been getting for this time of year but with these t-storms and windy rain every afternoon, the humidity is very high. And those darn mosquitos are just brutal now!!! I have to spray my legs down every night with repellent before walking the dog.
Don't feel bad Joanne. I haven't been doing my elliptical lately either. Just hard to get motivated for some reason. My back and hips have been bothering me a lot recently too. Not sure why but it is affecting my sleep at night and so I have been feeling very tired lately. I've tried stretching and taking extra advil at night but it doesn't appear to be helping. I am afraid I am going to have to make an appointment with a chiropractor. That means I'm going to have to do the initial "new patient" rountine so I can use my health insurance. That is such a pain....
I have got to find something besides eggs for breakfast!! I need to do protein in the am and I am just so tired of eggs! I can barely choke them down...no matter how I cook them. Frittatas, scrambles, poached, omelettes....I've done it all and it just isn't getting any better. I am going to have a hard time getting along without any carbs now that I am in phase 2 of SB but, I need to go back to phase 1 for a week or so and eggs are the main breakfast thing....yuk!
Joanne, does your grandson's wife have the money to go along with the expensive tastes or is she one of those champagne-drinkers-on-a-beer-budget girls? I'm with you and Tammy....the baby won't know the difference.
I'm going to search for some new ideas on the web. Hope everyone enjoys their day.

Joanne D
05-28-2009, 01:54 PM
Tammy- We ate ham and leftover meat loaf for lunch. I had 2 pieces of bread. Multigrain.. So tonight will probably be something really light.. I may buy some yogurt when I go to the store later. Going to get a hair cut this afternoon.
Kate. my G/sons wife comes from a wealthy family and she has a super job at a accounting firm. She is an accountant with a degree.My G/son is a electrician My daughter can more than afford to give her what she may want.. But, she may go to W/M for a few things.. We found out last night it is a boy..
IBS is working on me today.. No Fun..
Hello everybody.. Joanne

Tammy
05-28-2009, 10:22 PM
Kate, I remember feeling that way about eggs when I did SB years ago. I did meat and cheese many mornings because of that. The chiropractor I go to isn't on my insurance plan, but I go to her because she is good. Of course, small town prices are probably much different than big city ones.

Joanne, I just stocked up on yogurt. I really like it, and I know that it helps me get my dairy servings in for the day. Meat loaf sounds really good. Maybe I'll have to make one soon. No fun with the IBS! Feel better!

Tomorrow is weigh in at the Y after class. I hit 15 pounds at my Wednesday night Bible Study last week, this week I was the same, so it would be nice if the scales at the Y would show a loss. I do my tracker according to the Wed. night class.

Mima
05-29-2009, 07:04 AM
Wow-i had a lot of reading to do! Computer was crazy last weekend and then I was at work . I am so glad to be home-not sure why I still work but I like the money-so crabby when I finally get home-love not having the coffee pot emptied in 3 days and mail everywhere. At least there were not many dishes. i also like to shop-got Suzanne's wedding present framed but it's not back yet. Brad has to go out that way to do a service call so i will go with him.
And I finally got some Sketchers-I can put my orthotics in them. Got them for 13-On sale, had a coupon and a credit. My kind of bargain.
It's been raining all week but supposed to clear up today.
I made a key lime cheesecake. we went to a cookout Monday at Angela's father's and I brought a pie. tastefully Simple has a key lime powder that you mix with cream cheese and Kool Whip to make a pie-Yummy!!! Wish they had key lime pudding to do the same thing. I will look-you would put it in dry.
I love Epcot-Brad hasn't been there yet so we might go sometime.
I feel like going back to bed. Brad's not up yet. Mmmmm! Mima

Mahina Lani
05-29-2009, 09:04 AM
Hi everyone!
Moving this weekend....OH and I decided to not pack, but take things up by the armful over the course of two days. His brother is coming to help take the TV and the drawers up though.
Got a referral through for a dietitian (I went to my Dr a couple weeks back to ask them to do an allergy test on me - I think I'm allergic to dairy, well milk products) and the dietitian doesn't actually provide allergy tests!
How annoying.
The woman I chatted with was really nice though and wants to have a talk with me about making sure I'm getting the right amount of nutrients and so forth (calcium, mainly because of the lack of dairy) so I'll have a phone appointment with her at some point.

Ooh - and my exercise bike gets delivered on Monday too!!
I thought it would take longer than that to be delivered, so I'm quite happy.

Hope everyone's doing okay and if I dont get chance to post due to moving, have a great weekend!!

Kate53
05-29-2009, 10:21 AM
Good morning everyone. Cloudy here this morning but still hot and humid....rain due too I think. Guess there really is a rainy season in Florida!
Joanne, it sounds like your grandson and wife are off to a great start between the two of them. It's great they can afford to buy what they want for the baby....so many other young couples starting out spend beyond their means and have trouble getting out of debt. It's tough and expensive to have children today.
Meatloaf...that's what we had last night! I used my whole wheat bread crumbs in it and made some mashed sweet potatoes to go with it. I am not a big dairy person at all. The only dairy I eat is cheese and a bit of 1% milk in my morning coffee. I do like the non fat Greek yogurt though. I add fresh strawberries and Truvia sweetner to it. Sometimes I'll add a couple of tablespoons of fat free granola for some crunchiness. I've just recently added a calcium supplement to my morning regimen of vitamins. Having a bad back spell right now. Not sure what I did yesterday but I am having a very painful spasm on my lower right back. I liked my old Chiropractor too, but without taking any insurance assignments, he gets quite expensive if you have to go regularly.
Mima, there's a crystallized lime juice called "True Lime" that is used for flavoring just about anything. It comes in orange, lemon and lime flavors and is usually sold in boxes in the baking isle with Splenda and Equal. It's made from real juice and then dried so you can add it to liguids or cook with it. I use it all the time....love it in ice tea and club soda. There's probably a web site devoted to recipes for it....maybe I'll check it out.
Neighbors kids have been coming over a lot in the afternoons. I think they are enjoying my A/C because their folks haven't turned theirs on yet. He's going to be out of work officially in another week. Something was mentioned about disability....and I'm not going to go there. Hope they can manage okay. It's the kids I worry about. We'll have to wait and see how it goes, I guess.
Hope everyone enjoys their day. I'm going to make that chicken paillard tonight for dinner. Hopefully I can take the weekend off from cooking if I have enough leftovers! Bye for now.

Joanne D
05-29-2009, 01:32 PM
Tammy- Good for you on the weight loss.. Do you believe I forgot the yogurt when I shopped yesterday. I have to go back today as they didn't have the water I wanted. I think all these retirees saw that little storm in the Atlantic and rushed to the store and stocked up..:dizzy:
Kate - you don't have to eat eggs everyday to stay on program.. Any protien will do.. Where does it say we have to eat a traditional breakfast?I happen to like eggs ,but, can't eat them often because of H/colesterol.. I eat eggo or egg whites. I start with some mushrooms ,eggo, sometimes bacon bits (imitation) and sometimes a slice of 2percent or Fat Free cheese and sometimes 2 pieces of Turkey bacon..
Mima- I bought a pair of Curves sandles . The New Balance shoes were getting hot and I thought I needed some air to my feet.. I go bare foot now at home and just slip them on when I go out with Christie.. I am not real sure how much I like them yet.Avon was selling them on sale..
Lani- Moving is no fun no matter how you do it.. When we bought this house 48 years ago I said never again.. We have gathered so much in these years ,it would be a nightmare to move at our age..
Hello Meme- You must have taken one of those trips..
Have a good weekend everybody.. Joanne

Tammy
05-29-2009, 10:28 PM
Mima, good deal on the sketchers! I like the Tastefully Simple stuff. Like it too much! One of the women in my class on Wed. night sells it, and she is bringing me stuff next week. I think you should get Brad to go to Epcot. It is the favorite for all of his here. Bob and I loved just wandering through the different countries.

Lani, your moving sounds like ours did once. We moved from one apartment to another one across the street (same landlord, same floorplan, same cupboards, etc.). We just carried the full drawers from the kitchen and put them in the new place and took the empty ones back to the old place. We moved because the new one had a carport and an air conditioner. Glad to hear the bike came already! Fast!!

Kate, I've used the True Lime and the True Lemon. Haven't tried the orange yet. Good stuff! Ended up making a beef roast for dinner. Tim and I were both home for the first time this week together, so I thought I'd make a nice meal. He's on-call for rescue tonight, but he didn't go out on a call till a couple hours after we ate. Still gone.

Joanne, lol to forgetting the yogurt! I was at the store again last night, put lots of things in my cart that I had coupons for, and I forgot to give the coupons to the clerk! I didn't realize it till today. I saw those Curves shoes in the Avon catalog and wondered how they would be. 48 years is a long time to live in the same place! My parents lived in their home for 32 years I think. And believe me, they collected plenty in those 32 years. Of course, quite a bit of it was stuff that belonged to my brothers and me, but they had more room to store things.

I've been in the other room listening to Tim's scanner. He isn't going to be home for a while. There was a car accident outside of town, and all units are out there now. This is graduation weekend, and I know there were some parties going on tonight. I just pray that those in the accident are ok.

Tammy
05-30-2009, 07:56 AM
Tim didn't get home until 2:00 this morning. They had another call after the car accident. It wasn't high school kids in the car, but I know that one of the people was airlifted with severe injuries. According to the news, speed and alcohol was to blame. He is still in bed, and I told him when he got home to sleep this morning. He works at Arby's tonight till closing, so he'll get home late again.

Not sure what I"m up to today. Bible study, working on my scripture memory verses, and need to get some exercise in. I'd rather sit and read! I started Facing the Giants last night, and I think I could spend the day with that.

Hope you are all having a great weekend!

Mahina Lani
05-30-2009, 05:03 PM
Ohhhh my goodness I ache!
Walked around town today for about 3 hours because I had to go out for a few things and then carried a load of things up to the new place (about 6 or so trips up and down the stairs) and helped (kinda) the OH put a bookshelf together and then arranged the books on the case and then showered and collapsed into bed.

OH had to make dinner tonight as I just couldn't move.
And I'm up and at em tomorrow to do it all over again!
Someone wanna move stuff for me tomorrow?
*looking hopeful*

Tammi - that sounds like my kinda move! And yeah, the bike delivery was arranged really quickly - I was really pleased...The website said it could take up to 3 weeks!

Tammy
05-30-2009, 08:16 PM
Lani, I don't think I'll be able to help you move stuff tomorrow. Kind of a long drive, right?

Kate53
05-31-2009, 09:22 AM
Good morning everyone. I know the feeling, Lani. I have been nursing a back spasm past few days myself and it doesn't appear to be getting any better. I think I may have to "ice" the area to some get relief. I seem to only be able to get comfortable laying on my back at night which makes it hard to fall asleep. I'm sure feeling tired today! And moving is not a "fun" project. Hopefully I am done with that.....
Hubby leaves Friday am for his trip up north. I'll have a few quiet days...just me and the dog. Starting a new health kick tomorrow am. Going back to phase 1 of SB and getting my butt on the elliptical. Need to get this weight off and stop playing around...got to get me some motivation!!!
Having a quiet day today. I took the day off with the exception of folding some laundry and changing the bed linens. Queenie was accommodating this morning and appeared happy with just a short two block walk. Weather is very hot and humid last few days. I think it is going to be a swimming pool kind of afternoon. Hope everyone enjoys their day.

Mima
06-01-2009, 11:13 AM
Hi guys-Boy, was it freezing at the campground . I was waiting for them to come and fix the frig-they never even called back so I lugged the stuff home.
I miss my computer the most. I can only play cards on the laptop or see a movie.
Joanne-Target has beautiful baby clothes etc!!!
And Walmart has Child of Mine made by Carter's. I seem to buy a lot of baby gifts.
My son Bob had to travel to VA to work for a month. His company has half their employees on the road. No work coming in in this area.
Lani-sounds like our move from upstairs to downstairs and boy was I hurting from the stairs. Glad that is over. Brad made a ramp to come out of the camper-it's so great-only one stair to go in.
Thanks fpr the Lime suggestion. I will look for it. I can make a pie for Bible Syudy.
I am going to teach Sunday school starting next week. Grade 1 and 2. Never thought I would be teaching at 70 but then I did the Crafts for Bible school 2 years ago and LOVED it!!!
We are having a yardsale at the campground-going to try to get rid of some of my stuff from moving!!
5 appts this week. Bye for now Mima

Mahina Lani
06-01-2009, 12:02 PM
And we've moved!
Pretty much unpacked, tidied and cleaned and the old apartment is looking nice and sparkling too.
I'm shattered today though - you don't realize how much lugging things up and down stairs takes it out of you, plus I got about one hour sleep last night in the new place (combination of a new apartment (I always get oddly anxious in new places) and the heat) and was up at 6am.

Tammy - your comment made me giggle...It was a bit of a drive, but it's the thought that counts, right?
:lol:

Exercise bike is here and already put together. Had a little go on it earlier - made my arms ache. It's one of those ones where the handles move as well so it tones the arms too.

Hope everyone's doing okay.

Tammy
06-01-2009, 04:20 PM
Kate, good luck with getting back to stage 1. I know you can do it!! The swimming pool sounds great!

Mima, I taught Sunday School for 4-6 grades a few years ago. I had already had most of them in school as 2nd graders, so it was interesting. Our Vacation Bible School is coming up (different church), so I might see about helping a couple of days during the week. Maybe I should bring some of my stuff for the yard sale!

Lani, I'm always telling people that I'm going to drive somewhere. Our last "venture" was me driving my friends to Hawaii. I have weird friends. LOL
Your bike sounds like the one that we had. I have (had) weak arms, and it really did a number on me. My husband loved it. I just could never get the hang of the arms, so I just pedaled and read a book.

Class today was great! The sweat was rolling off of all of us. We have 3 more weeks of that class, then there will be a break, and it will start again in the fall. I'm looking at the classes offered for summer, and I need to find something. Talked to one of the summer instructors today and asked if she thought I could handle her class, and she thought that I could. She is one of my former students, and I think she would be honest with me. I might give it a try. She has 2 different classes back - to -back, so a couple of us thought about signing up for both.

Mima
06-02-2009, 06:53 AM
Ditto about the arms on the bike-just read a book etc.
Tenant hasn't pd the rent-hope she is not one of those late people. I am anal -I would pay on the first. we owe her a bunch of money for electricity and satellite. I think she just forgot-she works 6 days a week.
I put my cell phone number in something on Facebook-Suzanne says you never have to do that-and 2 different companies signed me up for something I didn't want. Verizon blocked text messages for me but i need to call them back and block any add-ons or I will change my phone number. Last month they credited me but can only do that once.
Getting a shot today!! Going to find the lime.
Wow for your exercise Tammy-
I take 1200 mg of calcium and D and there is more in my multivitamin because I don't have dairy. I also take something for osteoporosis that has sent my numbers in the right direction.
Mima

Tammy
06-03-2009, 12:16 PM
Mima, I usually pay things early. Sounds like your new tenant is busy with working 6 days a week. Uh-oh to putting your phone number on there. Hope you get it all straightened out.

I've made a decision about summer classes. I'm going to do a Pilates class and a Zumba class. They are back to back on Tuesday and Thursday. Another woman and I thought maybe we'd give them a try. Change it up a bit for the summer, and then get back to the aerobics class in the fall. Maybe it will help.

Mima
06-04-2009, 07:24 AM
Great-I am going to sart a new thread.

Mima
06-04-2009, 07:27 AM
It didn't work. Help!!

Tammy
06-04-2009, 07:28 AM
I'll give it a try. I don't know how to do the "sticky" thing though.

Tammy
06-04-2009, 07:33 AM
Mima!!! It worked!! It's just down lower than what we are used to since it isn't "stickied" yet.