Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 04-26-2009, 04:19 AM   #1  
HelenMay

S/C/G: 159/145/130

Height: 5'1"

Default Underwear...er....foundation garment

Ok so I have a love/hate relationship with my underwear. I hate it but I love it because I can't imagine life without underwear. Anybody have any suggestions for some good (i.e. good as in the garment can support and control) underwear?

I had a c-section, so I've got the overhang tummy - yuck. I remind myself that if I didn't have it, I wouldn't have my beautiful boy. I always wear Playtex girdles or as my husband calls them "the underwear with the steel plate". I've found they have the best tummy control panel.

I've never been wild about the Nancy Ganz horizontal panel at the top of her underwear - all it does is push up my flab.

Anybody have anything else to suggest in a good girdle?

I'm also looking for suggestions for one piece underwear too. I wear Bali at the moment. Even with the underwire sometimes my breasts look like they are sagging and too low. There is a lace one they make but I don't like how the bra part looks under clothes (you can see the lace and I like a seemless look) and the cups seem to be "formed" when I wear them. They give me a 1950's pointy look which I hate.

Any suggestions? Thanks
HelenMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 12:09 PM   #2  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

For regular bras you say you feel your breasts are still saggy and low in them, then I bet you are wearing the WRONG size. Try going to a garment store and getting fitted properly. Ways to know you are wearing the wrong size is if the back part isn't firmly staying in place, if it rises up your bra is the wrong size. Also if your breasts are kind of far apart and more touching your arms then facing forward you have the wrong size.

I was wearing a 40D and found that my breasts looked terrible. I went and got fitted and found I was really a 38D, wearing too loose of a size made my breasts look saggy and far apart- not cute at all!

Have you tried spanks? That might be the solution for your tummy since it goes from your knee all the way up past your breasts
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 02:46 PM   #3  
banned

S/C/G: 190/114/125

I have to agree with beerab, Go to a specialty bra store and get fitted. Most women wear the wrong size. I was wearing a 38 DDD because it was the only thing I could find with a big enough cup size to hold the girls in. My daughter convinced me to go to a bra store and it turns out I was actually a 32 G. No wonder my girls were almost touching the floor! The band size was way too big.
TamiL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 01:12 AM   #4  
HelenMay

S/C/G: 159/145/130

Height: 5'1"

I am going to go this week and get fitted. I've been thinking about it anyway. Those permanent indents on my shoulder are really beginning to get to me. Thanks for the push and great advice!
HelenMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 03:47 AM   #5  
banned

S/C/G: 190/114/125

Good for you! The indents will not be there if the bra fits correctly. I have none now!
TamiL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 08:07 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 244/239/140

Height: 5'4"

I wear a 42D in "regular" bras, but can't find a sports bra to fit right -- the girls keep slipping out from under the band! I've tried 44, 42, and 40's...afraid to go lower than that because I need to breathe after all. Any suggestions on decent sports bras? I'm wondering if it's just because they're the cheapo walmart ones.
Betony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 11:09 AM   #7  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Let us know how it goes
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 11:50 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betony View Post
I wear a 42D in "regular" bras, but can't find a sports bra to fit right -- the girls keep slipping out from under the band! I've tried 44, 42, and 40's...afraid to go lower than that because I need to breathe after all. Any suggestions on decent sports bras? I'm wondering if it's just because they're the cheapo walmart ones.
I have that problem with ones that don't have a real band and cups - you know, the pullover ones. I'm gonna have to get a real sport bra.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 01:49 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 267/260/135

Height: 5'5"

As others have said, getting fitted is well worth it! I was wearing the wrong size too for years, and was always uncomfortable in my bras and they never looked good. Now I am wearing the right size and they actually good look in a bra! And I don't have problems with the straps and things like that.
amy180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 02:08 AM   #10  
Brown Eyed Staccie

S/C/G: Way too much to "Just Right"

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

SPANX - best thing ever I pay up to a 150 for a bra but I tell you - it's worth it. I get them at lingerie stores and they last and make my girls look awesome. I spend that much because we wear it everyday and it can make or break your outfit in many ways!
Brown Eyed Staccie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 02:52 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 158/143/130

Height: 5 foot nothing!

Thanks for the Spanx tip. I'll check them out. I too have a lingerie love/hate relationship. I'll take ANY help I can get : )
littlejojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 02:39 PM   #12  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

I recommend Title Nine (the website is just spelled titlenine) for sports bras - the ladies on the phone are MAGNIFICENT and they can guide you to the right bra for your size and what you want to do while you're in it. They've got a very reasonable return policy too.

Good looking, durable clothes for the wildly active. Their models are amazing women.
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 10:18 AM   #13  
Slimming down in San Fran

S/C/G: 275/191/150

Height: 5'8"

I have some "power underwear" for my not un-flat stomach too I really like this pair I got at Filene's (now Macy's): Vanity Fair Style 40-087. They're really comfortable but effective.

After a Google search, I found them for $11.85 a pair at Freshpair.com (with free shipping) but you might have them locally too:
http://tinyurl.com/o54gmp

I also have a full bodysuit that I wear under knit dresses. It has GREAT support from an underwire, also from Macy's: Flexees by Maidenform, Style 5356. It's not easy to get on because of all that spandex, but it feels very comfy on and holds in everything it should.

Here's the bodysuit at Amazon:
http://tinyurl.com/oft6mw

I bet there are other online shops that carry these too
BerkshireGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 10:55 AM   #14  

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betony View Post
If you want one where the girls do not move....try the Ennell bras. I am a 42G and I hated all the "bounce" when I would work out. These bras are pricey, but worth it. They are not the most attractive things, but I am more concerned with the comfort and support at my size. Also, you can find them online at other stores cheaper than at the Ennell online store.

I need something that will hold in the spare tire around my waist while wearing light weight summer clothes. It seems the fat there is not in a hurry to leave.
Torister is offline   Reply With Quote