30-Somethings - What have you done today to make you feel proud?

Violin Jenn
04-25-2009, 08:56 PM
Hi Ladies! :wave:

I got the inspiration for this thread this afternoon while shopping for suits for my new job. BTW..do you know how hard it is to find suits or Blazers this time of year? I can't buy a suit off the rack at Macy's or somewhere because I'm two different sizes. So separates is what I need.

Anyhoo...

I stopped at Boston Market for lunch and I thought to myself, "what would make Jillian proud?" So I ended up with a quarter of white meat chicken where I removed the skin, a side of steamed greenbeans, a side of steamed mixed veggies (carrots, zuccini, summer squash) and half of the cornbread.

I had 2 Turkey hot dogs with 2 slices of Weight Watchers bread and carrots for dinner.

I also went for a nice 3 mile walk after dinner.

That is what I did today to make me feel proud! A good day eating and walk!

Jenn

chickiegirl
04-25-2009, 09:48 PM
What great timing to post this thread so I can say this:

Today, during the past couple of hours, I was debating grabbing fast food after work (at night) or at the very least a fatty snack. But I decided to skip it. I'm having a tea instead.

So I'm really proud I've fought this craving. But man am I looking forward to a good breakfast tomorrow!! :)

Thighs Be Gone
04-25-2009, 10:33 PM
Ran an extra long run in celebration of reaching my April goal of 134.

I also made a ton of food tonight--turkey burgers on the grill, shrimp patties, huge amount of green beans with lots of garlic...anyway, I should be in good shape for a few days--also made a ton of smashed cauliflower yesterday and put them into freezer bags...

LBH
04-26-2009, 10:10 AM
:cp: Good job Jenn!

I haven't done anything lately to make me feel proud. :o I'm having a rough patch, and finding it hard to get back on track.

kaebea
04-26-2009, 06:03 PM
I'm not sure about proud exactly, i don't think i'll feel that till i reach my goal.
but i feel extremely happy and healthy that i fought the battle against cheesecake and won.
I was REEEELY tempted, i almost gave in, but i opted to eat the frozen blueberries and organic cheese that i already had at home.

I think what did it was focusing on thinking more about the feelings i would have after ward, both physical and psychological. Cheesecake= sluggish, bloated, angry, frustrated, disappointed, low motivation Vs. blueberries/cheese=healthy, light, energetic, happy, motivated, peaceful.

that is my hardest struggle, giving in to sweets and fatty or processed foods after a stressful day, or simply because i think i want or deserve cheesecake!

bindersbee
04-27-2009, 01:28 AM
For me I've had a decent day eating. I wish I'd gotten in a workout but I didn't- I got the laundry caught up instead. I'm proud of that too! I'm proud of myself right now for going down to the basement to use the computer late at night instead of the kitchen so I'll be less-tempted to snack.

clinkenwar
04-27-2009, 12:16 PM
I'm proud I made it to the gym today even though I was sore and tired from the weekend.

sweetandspicy
04-27-2009, 12:23 PM
I am proud that I stopped myself from licking the spoon to the Brownies I made for my cookout last night. I ate grilled chicken a salad and cooked carrots. I had a sugarfree low carb chocolate icecream bar for dessert. I did not even feel deprived. I think I going to lick the spoon out of habit.

kaebea
04-27-2009, 07:38 PM
proud again cuz i just bought one slice of cheese cake at the coffee shop instead of a whole sara lee frozen cheesecake at the grocery!

easier to binge on the little frozen cheesecake, and it costs about as much as the one slice of bakery cheesecake, but the frozen ones aren't nearly as good.

it was a treat instead of a binge.

freshmanweightorbust
04-27-2009, 07:46 PM
I went for an hour walk up to the bank and Post Office instead of driving, and got a to-go container brought out with my lunch so I only ate about 1/4 of what my meal included. The rest is in the frig, except for the fries, which I just sent back to kitchen with the dirty dishes when the waitress bussed the table. Yay!

Jacque9999
04-27-2009, 07:53 PM
To those of you who found something to be proud of...Good job!!!
To those of you who feel you have nothing to be proud of...I'm sure you can find something!!!

I'm proud that I stayed in my calorie budget...and I still have more left.
I'm proud that I went to the gym BEFORE pilates and did 20 minutes on the Arc Trainer...the longest I have ever gone AND THEN got on the treadmill for another 20 minutes.
:carrot:

MdTerrapin
04-27-2009, 10:24 PM
I am proud that I took my first cardio kickboxing class this morning. I am not proud that I had a small coke this evening. Rough afternoon with my 8 year old and extreme heat here :(

Karen

kaebea
04-28-2009, 08:02 AM
:goodvibes mdterrapin : yes, but you took a step forward by taking that first kickboxing class! that's no small feat, the first step is often the hardest.

I am proud that this morning the scale was one lb less than yesterday:D

PearFreak
04-28-2009, 06:25 PM
First time seeing this thread, mind if I jump in?

Hmm today, I didn't indulge in the little Hershey Chocolate bars bag that was so sneakily staring me down, when I went to get a mid-afternoon snack. Instead I opted for the handful of almonds and a clementine. I taught them there chocolates I am not weak. For now anyways. LOL!

kaebea
04-29-2009, 03:27 PM
went swimming and re-enrolled in college!!!

Devsmama
04-30-2009, 02:33 PM
I didn't get a soft pretzel with cinnamon and sugar from the cafeteria at work today.

Devsmama
04-30-2009, 02:34 PM
Good for you kaebea!

Thighs Be Gone
04-30-2009, 02:44 PM
Went to Starbucks and only chose a coffee with skim milk--no food and no muffin or whatever..

I also sent a "love card" (as she calls it) in my daughter's lunch today

Jacque9999
04-30-2009, 03:18 PM
I am proud that even though I was up before the sun and didn't feel the greatest....I still got my son to the airport on time, worked out...hard and got to work early. Of course now I am dead to the world and have tons to do, but I guess I have to be the Energizer Bunny...and keep going!!!

:jig::jig::jig::jig::jig::jig::jig::jig::jig::jig: :jig::jig::jig::jig::jig:

Onederchic
05-01-2009, 04:58 PM
I have workout for a hour :D. That always makes me feel proud of myself :)

nonabee
05-10-2009, 03:47 PM
Chunkychic, you look absolutely fabulous!

Leeesa
05-10-2009, 04:22 PM
Just finished a 2 hr, 20 K mountain bike ride :)

kaebea
05-10-2009, 10:14 PM
went swimming for 45 mins and i can feel my core muscles getting stronger from doing my rehab physical therapy.
it's good to feel the payoff and feel how it makes my swimming more efficient.:)

mom2cass&em
05-11-2009, 11:07 AM
I got up early on Mothers Day and worked out :carrot: Then we went and bought me new shirts de to my weightloss :D and DH was loving that I was picking more form fitting clothes :o

Jacque9999
05-11-2009, 08:35 PM
I am proud today because I made all the arrangements for our family trip in December. Now I can't wait to go.

Also proud that I stayed OP and still have some calories to eat...if I want to!!

CelticHarpie
05-12-2009, 02:15 AM
I'm proud that I've met my exercise goals every day since beginning my program 2 weeks ago.

autumnstarr
05-19-2009, 02:36 PM
I am new and have just started my exercise routine and eating healthy. I actually walked a mile in 20 minutes. I know that don't seem like much to some but was a big accomplishment for me.

kaebea
05-19-2009, 04:35 PM
welcome autumn. a mile in 20 minutes is a very good pace. that's about as fast as i can walk a mile. it's hard not to in our society (and quite honestly, for all I know, in every society) not to compare yourself with others.

When i swim, there is a high school swim team having swim practice in the lanes beside me. it's very easy to fall into the trap that they and their very athletic swimmers-bodied-foreign-accented coach are sitting there shmirking at my turtles pace freestyle. so i have to remind myself that we all have different fitness levels, goals, abilities and obstacles. The important thing when it comes to fitness is that we are doing a higher level of activity than a couch potato. it all starts somewhere!

So i am proud that i am feeling better and happier and have more energy due to the changes i have made in my diet, and i am proud that i swam 45 minutes today. :)

rainy
05-19-2009, 04:45 PM
I'll join you!
Today I've gone back to my full exercize program after stopping for...let me think...sore throat, cold, cough and knee accident! Ok, I'm back on track now.

Blinky963
05-20-2009, 07:53 PM
I'm proud because while running errands today I did not stop for fast food! I just came home and made a nice salad. Also found out how to make low cal mini banana cream pies!! Very good news because if I bring a full sized pie into the house, I will eat the pie.

Violin Jenn
05-20-2009, 08:23 PM
I am proud because today I stuck to my diet 100% and went for a walk in the park near my home after I got home from work where I walked 3 miles in 48minutes! Not a bad pace I think!

squeak351
05-21-2009, 10:23 AM
I am proud today because I passed over the cinnamon butter toast in the cafeteria and had a cup of fresh strawberries instead!

kaebea
05-22-2009, 07:01 PM
I had the pringles in my shopping basket, and i put them back on the shelf :)

i'm happy not so much because i chose to put the pringles back, but because i was motivated by the knowledge that i would feel better and be closer to my goal if i did not buy and subsequently eat the pringles.
:)

Mollz
05-22-2009, 10:51 PM
I got out of bed this morning for my Saturday karate and aikido classes, lasted nearly the whole warmup (Sensei Micheal worked us hard this morning coz it's SO cold! :snowglo:) and did well over 100 crunches (for not doing many since the beginning of the month that's good, but I routinely do 100+ anyway). But I was really proud of my left shoulder roll today. Not a food thing at all. Food choices have been pretty p!ss poor in the last week. Need to get back on track...

I had chinese last night, but it didn't taste very nice. So, instead, DH and I polished off a small roll of Oreos (about 15 in a roll). Tasted better than the Chinese, but probably is going to take me a few days to get rid of. Not too proud about that. :drill:

Get back on the wagon. Don't worry about the small things. Weight loss is a long-term thing for me. I'd like to lose as much as I can before my birthday, but honestly, I'm not in a hurry. I don't wear a bathing suit or shorts anyway. :D

kaebea
05-23-2009, 04:43 PM
i went for a short walk/jog after work even though i felt worn and drained and would have rather consoled myself with cheesecake.

and i can feel my leg muscles strengthening. and you know what else?
i feel dang good right now :)

Noniegrace
05-25-2009, 10:21 AM
Today I'm going to my first Spin class, so I will be proud of myself for that. Proud for doing something good for my body and for trying a new class, because I can be weird about stuff like that :D

Yesterday I did an awesome Zumba class and stayed within points, so that's yesterday's proud!

Jacque9999
05-25-2009, 04:06 PM
I am proud of myself today since I went off track yesterday (just a little), but got right back on today!!!

kaebea
05-26-2009, 12:21 AM
i was going to write "nothing" but then i remembered i jogged one mile today :)
i used to run 20-something miles a week until my knees started going bad, so one mile is a huge accomplishment for me.
the worst mistake i've learned that i 've made concerning running is trying to do too much too soon. so it's taken me a while to work up to a mile relatively pain free!

Jacque9999
05-26-2009, 08:01 AM
I am so, so proud of myself today!!! I had a terrible neckache last night and didn't sleep welll...but I still got up at 4:30 and made it to boot camp. :carrot:

Squeeze
05-26-2009, 04:19 PM
I'm proud that I managed to resist the chocolate vending machine at work - though I fear the manufacturer's profits will plummet - hmm if I manage to keep this up :)

Tracy
05-31-2009, 09:38 AM
I am proud because even though I gained,I went right back on the wagon. In the past I would of stayed off for weeks,because I was discouraged.