Old 04-24-2009, 03:57 PM   #1  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Wink I think I gave my doctor a heart attack

My family doctor has not SEEN me since I started losing weight. 105 pounds ago. They KNEW that I had lost it as I had told the secretary when I was making my appointment for my pap test and to get benchmarked for reconstructive surgery later on.

I walk in, Adina (the nurse) says OH MY GOD!!!!! And YELLS ... "Dan! Get out here and see our girl!!!!" It was hilarious!!! He just grinned and grinned from ear to ear. We spent about 45 minutes after my pap test just talking about weight loss and I showed him my journal and he told ME how proud he was. It was such a wonderful wonderful day. *grins*

I'm not doing this for the praise... but to hear that from you doctor? It sure helps

So he's doing a complete nutritional panel on me to make sure I'm all good. My blood pressure was 120/70 and he says I "look awesome."

*giggle*
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 04:09 PM   #2  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

I understand. I can't wait to show my doctor but, to be honest, in part that is because he did not think that I could lose weight without surgery.

Please explain
Quote:
to get benchmarked for reconstructive surgery later on.
Is that to have loose skin removed? I am wondering if I should do something that that also.
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 04:22 PM   #3  
Kae
. * . * . * . * . * . * .

That's awesome! I'm sure it made your day! ...Keep up the great work.
Kae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 04:26 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

that is so awesome!! When I went to my doc last, after I lost 70 pounds, IF my doctor noticed, she didn't say anything. My guess is she just didn't notice cause she's so busy ( or that is what my hope is...lol )

again....awesome to hear that from your doc. you're awesome!!
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 04:28 PM   #5  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Wow! What a rush that must have been!
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 04:45 PM   #6  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

It is GREAT when your doctor reacts in such a positive way! I remember when mine did, but not nearly over the loss you've accomplished. It was still wonderful to hear.

Congratulations on the BP!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 04:51 PM   #7  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Well, CFmomma--I guess you have turned into HAWT momma...that is great news and a great nonscale victory!! I have told you before but I just so love reading your posts and hearing about your journey. This is truly something to celebrate. You enthusiasm is overwhelming and your positive NRG comes through loud and clear. I am so happy for you. You are rockin' it.

So, what is your goal activity or outfit once you hit 150. It is right around the corner for you the way you are going, ya know?
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 04:53 PM   #8  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

That is so cool.
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 04:54 PM   #9  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

Thats wonderful. I bet you must have felt awesome. Just think when they see you next yr!!!!!!!
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 04:55 PM   #10  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

It's odd you bring this up today. I am gonna FESS up here and admit I have not had a pap smear in 5 years. I have had a full physical a couple of months back though and have had been to my dentist. It is part of my process and journey really. I have neglected my health and teeth for so long!

Anyhoo, you have convinced me to get in to see my OB next week. Thx.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 04:57 PM   #11  
getting healthier!

S/C/G: 267/266/140's

Height: 5'7''

ahhh that's so exciting! I'm so thrilled for you! I love reading things like this, it gets me excited to one day get reactions like that! haha
nik1305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 05:10 PM   #12  
NEVER EVER going back

Quote:
Originally Posted by time2lose View Post
I understand. I can't wait to show my doctor but, to be honest, in part that is because he did not think that I could lose weight without surgery.

Please explain

Is that to have loose skin removed? I am wondering if I should do something that that also.
Yep! Because I live in Canada he figures if we take measurements and such now, document every stage (he wants me to come in every 3 months from now on) that it will be much easier to get medical to pay for my surgeries after. At the very least I'll NEED an arm life and lower body lift. I'd LIKE my breasts done as well
Old 04-24-2009, 05:11 PM   #13  
NEVER EVER going back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thighs Be Gone View Post
It's odd you bring this up today. I am gonna FESS up here and admit I have not had a pap smear in 5 years. I have had a full physical a couple of months back though and have had been to my dentist. It is part of my process and journey really. I have neglected my health and teeth for so long!

Anyhoo, you have convinced me to get in to see my OB next week. Thx.
Honestly? First pap test since my son was born almost three years ago. Yep it's time for us to start taking care of these bodies!!!! I'm glad you made a pap test. I'm proud of you
Old 04-24-2009, 05:16 PM   #14  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfmama View Post
My family doctor has not SEEN me since I started losing weight. 105 pounds ago. They KNEW that I had lost it as I had told the secretary when I was making my appointment for my pap test and to get benchmarked for reconstructive surgery later on.

I walk in, Adina (the nurse) says OH MY GOD!!!!! And YELLS ... "Dan! Get out here and see our girl!!!!" It was hilarious!!! He just grinned and grinned from ear to ear. We spent about 45 minutes after my pap test just talking about weight loss and I showed him my journal and he told ME how proud he was. It was such a wonderful wonderful day. *grins*

I'm not doing this for the praise... but to hear that from you doctor? It sure helps

So he's doing a complete nutritional panel on me to make sure I'm all good. My blood pressure was 120/70 and he says I "look awesome."

*giggle*
You look awesome. You ARE awesome. Losing weight- it's AWESOME!!! The rewards - so incredibly awesome. I just know there are going to be tons and tons of more wonderful and awesome days for you.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 05:18 PM   #15  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Congratulations, what a treat!
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote