Weight Loss Support - NSV that involves a scale! Intrigued?

Windchime
04-24-2009, 12:44 AM
So I had kind of a non-scale victory yesterday that kind of involved the scale! It was my yearly physical exam and normally when I'm in "fat mode" I refuse to be weighed at the doctor's office. It's all part of the denial thing, I guess. Last year, the doctor finally talked me into it and I reluctantly let her weigh me for my yearly physical, but not for any of the other little visits I saw her for.

This January, I finally faced the music here at home and started weighing myself. But I still wasn't letting the doctor weigh me....until yesterday. It was my annual physical, and I decided to just be brave and honest and step onto the scales. So I did. It was 2 pounds higher than what my scale says, but I was OK with that since I was clothed and had eaten breakfast, etc.

Anyway, even though I currently weigh more than I did at last year's physical, I was still proud of myself for stepping on the scale. I told the doctor that I had lost a little weight since January (about 19 pounds unofficially) and she was very enthusiastic, supportive and encouraging.

I felt great! So even though my victory kind of involves the scales, it's NOT about what the scales said--it's that I felt brave and honest enough to finally step onto the scales at the doctor's office. Yay!

GradPhase
04-24-2009, 01:06 AM
Oh that's so great! Good for you, Windchime! Good for you!!

dutchgirl
04-24-2009, 02:24 PM
I told the doctor that I had lost a little weight since January (about 19 pounds unofficially) and she was very enthusiastic, supportive and encouraging.

Hey you!
19 pounds is not " little weight".
It's terrific!!!
Your doctor should be encouraging, you are doing a great job
KEEP IT UP!!!:carrot:

cfmama
04-24-2009, 02:37 PM
Oh that is awesome! Good for you!

Chele615
04-24-2009, 02:56 PM
Congratulations!!! When I went for my physical last December, I told my doctor that I had lost about the same amount of weight that you have and she was also very encouraging. When I got all my blood work results back, she even wrote a little "Keep up the great work!" message at the bottom. LOL I can't wait to go back...haha, I never would have said that before!

Peep Smith
04-24-2009, 03:02 PM
That's just brilliant news, and good for you to step on the scale. It's often the little things we fear that turn into puffs of smoke when we meet them head-on. Brava, girlfriend!

jajabee
04-24-2009, 03:12 PM
19 pounds is not "a little weight"!! That's 19 packages of butter!! Go count those out next time you're at the supermarket. :D Or head over to the water aisle and pick up TWO GALLONS of water!! That's a lot less you're carrying around every day! :D Congratulations!!

UrsusMaritimus
04-24-2009, 03:58 PM
Congratulations! It takes guts to allow someone else to weigh you, even if that person is a doctor.

19 pounds is not "a little weight"!!

I agree - 19 pounds is definitely something to be proud of!

Windchime
04-24-2009, 09:07 PM
Heh, I was being modest but yeah, I think that 19 is a lot, too! It's almost 2 ten-pound bags of potatoes and it makes me laugh to think of carrying that around, one on each hip--quite the visual!

I was so relieved that she was so positive and encouraging. I also had a little blood work done before my visit and when my doc sent me the results, she wrote that my cholesteral was GREAT. I guess that cutting out all that butter has helped.

Thanks for all the encouragement. You're such a great bunch of chicks!

Getting Right
04-24-2009, 09:42 PM
Good for you!

kittycat40
04-24-2009, 09:44 PM
Sounds great!! :)

Liliann
04-25-2009, 09:37 AM
:bravo:

Crazy4Kenny
04-25-2009, 11:50 AM
Awesome!

fatmad
04-26-2009, 10:18 AM
Windchime, I am totally with you about the denial. I know how hard that is, accepting this challenge our bodies are giving us, to learn to eat healthier and be more active.
Best wishes, and awesome job