Old 04-23-2009, 11:59 AM   #1  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

Default and again...

So going off the zyprexa was not a good idea at that time as I started to get manic again and went right back on it. But I am coming off it again, so hopefully it'll be ok.

I only gained 3 lbs.

Not great but not awful either.

I really want to come back here, to keep using the plate, to excercise, getting back on that horse is so hard.

any words of encouragement?
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 12:06 PM   #2  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Lottie, I was literally just thinking about you this morning and wondering how you were. It's so good to see you posting again.

May I ask, is your doctor taking you off the Zyprexa? Are you on anything else? As you know, meds are very important for managing Bi-Polarism and maintaining a good quality of life

Yes, getting back on the horse is hard, but not impossible. You have the desire, so go for it! You've lost a lot of weight already, so you know you can do this! Use your prior success as confirmation.

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 04-23-2009 at 12:06 PM.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 12:15 PM   #3  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Lottie--So good to hear from you! I agree w/ Rhonda. Meds are a very important part. If you have a hard time w/ Zyprexa, is there anything else you can take? I know you can do this. One day at a time. One hour at a time, if necessary.
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 12:17 PM   #4  
yay! summertime!

S/C/G: 265/235/135

Height: 5'7"

Lovely Lottie, you gotta get back here because we miss you and need you! No one does perky punk (punky perk?) like you, babe, and that balances out all the crabby crone vibes from the old farts like me!

I am so not qualified to talk to you about psychoactive drugs; from the experiences of various members of my family, it sounds like a very complicated and exacting balancing act to get those kinds of medications correctly adjusted. The only thing I can think of that might help (and this is completely a guess) is to establish some very firm routines about eating and exercise.

My thinking is that what and when you eat affects your body (and brain) chemistry, so in order to best be able to tell what a particular medication is doing, you need to keep the food stuff somewhat constant. In particular, it would seem like skipping meals and/or really binging could mess with the medications. Exercise also affects various chemical reactions, so having a pretty ironclad routine there would also hold one variable of the equation constant. So, crabby crone advice: pick an eating plan that is healthy, not stressful to prepare or follow and stick to it --- I think it being non-stressful might trump it being the best for weight loss, too. Do the same thing with exercise --- pick something that fits what time you have and that you at least sort of enjoy, even if it isn't the top toning routine, and stick with it.

Again, I am making this up as I go along, and while it sounds like good sense, it might be completely bogus.

I do hope you get a chance to stop in and hang out, Lovely Lottie! We have really missed you around here!
Numina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 12:17 PM   #5  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

I've been thinking about you too! Glad you are back...and I don't really have any words of advice for you (sorry but it looks like what I was going to say has already been said!). Just a hug
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 02:44 PM   #6  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

I am so glad that you are back. I too think that taking it one day, one hour, one minute at a time is a very good idea. Planning, logging and following up on your foods is a GREAT start and getting in some walking every day would be great too. Come here OFTEN. Talk to us. let us help you babe!!!
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 03:25 PM   #7  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

Yes I liked seeing your posts before, stick around! We can do this TOGETHER, all of us chicks!
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 03:45 PM   #8  
unabashed

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post
Lottie, I was literally just thinking about you this morning and wondering how you were. It's so good to see you posting again.

May I ask, is your doctor taking you off the Zyprexa? Are you on anything else? As you know, meds are very important for managing Bi-Polarism and maintaining a good quality of life

Yes, getting back on the horse is hard, but not impossible. You have the desire, so go for it! You've lost a lot of weight already, so you know you can do this! Use your prior success as confirmation.
I'm not only on zyprexa (also abilify, side effect free) the zyprexa is only to be taken for a short period of time to get me through the messy times. I am well aware I need tos tasy on meds, I have been mostly stable for 4 years.

thanks!
Old 04-25-2009, 03:47 PM   #9  
unabashed

Thanks everyone!