Old 04-23-2009, 08:29 AM   #1  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default Touch Of JESUS ~ Mid-Week Boost

Now Thomas, called the Twin, one of the twelve, was not with them when Jesus came.
The other disciples therefore said to him, “We have seen the Lord.”

So he said to them, “Unless I see in His hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print
of the nails, and put my hand into His side, I will not believe.”

And after eight days His disciples were again inside, and Thomas with them. Jesus came, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, “Peace to you!” Then He said to Thomas,
“Reach your finger here, and look at My hands; and reach your hand here, and put it into My side.
Do not be unbelieving, but believing.”
And Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!”

Jesus said to him, “Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed.
Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”
John 20:19-30

The touch of Jesus

Thomas is just like most of us, we need some proof before we will believe in most things.

God understands our weakness and provides us with the truth we need.

When Thomas touched Jesus, putting his hands in the wounds of our Lord and Savior, he had his facts, - his proof- and declared “my Lord and my God”. Thomas does us all a favor when he touches the risen Christ. As Christ physically rose from the dead, His promise is that one day we also shall rise with Him and have a glorified physical body in Heaven.

Vicar reminded us this weekend how a loved one's touch can bring comfort, and calm our lives.

God touches us two thousand years later when we come into contact with Him through His Word and Sacraments. An exchange that is just as real today as if we were to put our fingers on His wounds as Thomas did.

The touch of Jesus, through Word and Sacrament, will bring us His peace,
love and salvation.

As we worship in church on the weekend, and read the truth of His grace and love in the Bible, we, like Thomas can declare, “my Lord and my God” because of the touch of Jesus.

AMEN
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 08:34 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Height: 5'8"

Amen!!
willow650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 10:02 AM   #3  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

And AMEN again.