Old 04-23-2009, 06:41 AM   #1  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Default Plateau Busting Accountability

It's official: I've hit a plateau. On Apr. 9, I weighed in at 241.4. On Apr. 16, I was 241.2. This morning, I was 241.6. I mean, don't get me wrong - I'm really grateful to be fluctuating only by ounces, and I am proud of the fact that this is the first plateau I've ever had that didn't have me in tears and ready to throw in the towel. Still, the general idea is to LOSE weight, right?

So...I've taken a look at my journals and here are the areas I'm going to concentrate on this week:

1. More water - My fluid intake overall has been horrible. I'm shooting for 64 oz. a day this week.

2. More exercise - Besides the walking/standing on my feet all day I do at my job, I haven't been exercising. I have a gym membership that I never use! Time to dust off the key card and go! Or just walk outside - it's been beautiful here. I resolve to walk at least 30 minutes a day.

3. Fewer processed foods - I've been going for convenience lately. I still stay within my Points allowances (I'm on WW), but the foods I choose aren't necessarily nutritionally dense.

4. More salads with meals - A good way to get in my fiber and fill up quicker at meal time.

Here's to finally breaking out of the 240s next week and into virgin fat territory! (Well, okay...it's not *technically* virgin fat, but I haven't seen a number on the scale beginning with "23" for at LEAST five years!)
Jennelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 06:55 AM   #2  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

im not in the hundred pound club but can i join? Ive been the same weight since december
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 07:25 AM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconised Ghost View Post
im not in the hundred pound club but can i join? Ive been the same weight since december
Of course you can join! Jump right in!
Old 04-23-2009, 07:37 AM   #4  
On my way to a new me!

S/C/G: 205/168/145

Height: 5'6 ~ 44

i too have stalled out and i'm only 2 1/2 weeks into my diet, i lost 7 lbs then bam nothing.... it's been 5 days im off to the gym now to weight myself, i'll let you know how that works out for me
Savora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 07:42 AM   #5  
XOXO

S/C/G: 268/249/145

Height: 5'4"

Jennelle it sounds like you know what to do to bust through that plateau. You can do it, you have a great plan!
Devsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 07:47 AM   #6  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hi Jennelle. It looks like you have a great plan. Avoiding processed foods and getting exercise are great steps to a great healthy future for you.

May I ask? Are you counting calories? Calorie counting has really opened my eyes and I have no more guesswork. I highly recommend it.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 08:14 AM   #7  
yay! summertime!

S/C/G: 265/235/135

Height: 5'7"

I have a theory about your plateau, Jenelle: I think you are so close to leaving the 240's forever that your remaining PoundsOfFat have latched onto any available anchor, dug in their heels and their teeth, and are holding on in terrified desperation! They KNOW their days are numbered and THEY believe that you are going to evict them! It's almost a compliment that they are so sure of your success.

And you are going to succeed here: you have squared your shoulders, formulated a very good-looking plan and put your goal firmly in front of your eyes so you don't take a single step off the path. You have this handled!

The only thing I can think of to add to the mix is a little "I'm too sexy" attitude and a bubble wand for some fun during the process. I am betting that if you follow through on what you posted, you will be in the beautiful 230's by Thursday of next week at the latest.

STEP IT OUT, JENELLE AND TOSS THAT 1+ POUND CLEAR INTO NEXT YEAR!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lp7ZLVdzplY
Numina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 09:24 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post
Hi Jennelle. It looks like you have a great plan. Avoiding processed foods and getting exercise are great steps to a great healthy future for you.

May I ask? Are you counting calories? Calorie counting has really opened my eyes and I have no more guesswork. I highly recommend it.
I'm actually on WW, which involves Point counting. (Points are based on calorie, fat, and fiber content.) It's super-simple.
Old 04-23-2009, 09:29 AM   #9  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

It sounds like you have a good plan Now print it off and carry it with you and/or hang it where you can see it. Good luck girlie!
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 10:09 AM   #10  
Token rooster

Height: 6'2

Sounds like a great plan of busting through the plateau!

Its amazing how much our body gets used to a certain form of activity. Doing something different in terms of exercise seems to really make a big difference busting through!
matt_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 10:10 AM   #11  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

I've wondered if calorie/point cycling would be the answer to a plateau -- this is where you add up your total week allotment and divide it unevenly amongst the days. I think the theory is that, just as with exercise, one's body gets accustomed to the same amount of food in every day. Cycling your intake kind of shakes up the routine and might kick your body into responding...
Haven't tried it, but it is a thought...
Kira
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 02:45 PM   #12  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Calorie cycling ALWAYS busts me right through a stall. Maybe try that as well!!! You've got a great plan there and I have no doubt it will work Good luck!
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 03:29 PM   #13  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

Since you are on WW (as am I), you might go to the WW forum and check out the sticky on the Wendie plan, which guides you through point cycling. See if that helps! And let us know...
Kira
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 04:22 PM   #14  
Kae
. * . * . * . * . * . * .

Way to refocus...

I was feeling frustrated with myself the other day as well... When I was honest with myself I realized that there are things I can work on too... I refocused on Monday and I am down 3lbs this week!

Stick with it. You'll be in the 230's in no time...
Kae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 05:04 PM   #15  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennelle View Post
Of course you can join! Jump right in!
thank you your revised plan looks good to me (says the plateaued girl lol ) I think i have to do pretty much the same thing

1. Water: I hardly drink any :O This week I'm going to try and carry my water bottle with me and drink at least 2 a day

2. Exercise- going to switch it up a bit by doing weight lifting 2 days a week, swim 1 day and run two days

The thing i dont understand is that last year i was eating between 1200 and 1500 calories and i could lose weight without having to go to the gym (if i did of course the loss was bigger). Now im eating between 1200 and 1400 and Im still losing and regaining the same 3kg How does that work???
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote