General Diet Plans and Questions - ********** Anyone?

View Full Version : ********** Anyone?

Alli
04-22-2009, 06:17 PM
Has anyone heard of **********? I came across it on a blog I was reading. I have looked at the website and read a few reviews but I am curious if anyone has really tried it and had success?
Thanks!!!

canadianangel
04-22-2009, 06:24 PM
ive never heard of it..what is it

canadianangel
04-22-2009, 06:28 PM
oops never mind i just looked it up...sorry dont know anything about it, or know of anyone taking it..my 1st thought was..what makes it diffrent then other protien shakes out there

Alli
04-22-2009, 06:40 PM
The insane price :lol: There is a little more to it then just being a protein shake. I just find it a little odd that you can only buy it from a beachbody coach. You cant even buy it from the beachbody website.

bargoo
04-22-2009, 08:40 PM
You can be sure that the beachbody coach is getting a big commission.

nelie
04-27-2009, 08:41 AM
It looks to be an overpriced shake. Yes it may have some good ingredients in it but it is still overpriced. I'd recommend looking at Vega if you want a really high quality meal replacement type powder. There are some others on the market as well.

nelie
04-27-2009, 11:38 AM
I think replacement drinks can be beneficial to some people but really $4 per shake is expensive, even in the high end shake market.

Also really it works by limiting your calories. I think if you are interested in something like **********, that you should look at other similar products and evaluate for yourself. Nothing against ********** but I wouldn't buy it based on price and the fact that I know of other products that I like.

Janaynay
08-25-2009, 12:21 PM
I've researched reviews of this stuff and good luck finding a review that's not written by a Beachbody Coach. I would love to know what an Average Jane thinks about **********--not someone who makes money by selling it and spouts off the same lines about how it has 70 healthy ingredients and prebiotics, and is a meal replacement. Anyone could get that by going to the website.

What I really want to know is how it has worked for non-Beachbody coaches...

Not to knock Beachbody--I love Turbo Kick, and their other class offerings.

ringmaster
08-25-2009, 03:45 PM
I love Beachbody's workouts programs, but I have to agree there are a lot of green powders and protein shakes out. Just an example of a cheaper version, Purtian's Pride has their own brand (http://www.puritan.com/green-food-057/lifes-greens-with-advanced-probiotic-formula-005225?NewPage=1)on sale and it has all the herbs and sea greens and other stuff.. nothing special, and it won't help you lose weight unless you are counting calories. The people swearing by ********** are probably selling it.

Onyyx
02-19-2010, 12:51 AM
Hey, I'm brand new to this forum, but I saw this thread and thought I'd post. I just bought a 30 day supply of **********, painful to my bank account but at this point, I'll try anything. I have high cholesterol and I weigh 236lbs. I'll post again when I receive it in the mail, and then let you all know how it goes after the 30 days. *fingers crossed!*

Onyyx
02-27-2010, 01:24 AM
Ok, So I was all excited about getting ********** in the mail, and so sure that it was going to help me be healthier and all that. Well, it came today and after my workout I excitedly went home, dragged out my blender and made up a batch for breakfast. Oh. My. God. *Gag* It was the worst tasting thing that I have ever had! I couldn't even get through the whole serving because it was making me gag. I'm going to try it once more tomorrow mixed with a different liquid, maybe orange juice, but if it still tastes so bad that I can't drink it then I'm sending it back. So bummed. I really hope that I can find a way that it will taste good because I think it would be really good for me.

CamLovesJmw
03-11-2010, 11:01 AM
Hi Onyx,

Just curious how you made your **********? I am waiting on a sample i'm getting from a coach, and I have found millions of recipes for it. Which flavor did you try? I'm assuming it was the greenberry, because you talk about adding orange juice. I'm hoping I don't gag down my sample, because i'm interested in using it. I've heard one good recipe is adding ice, a crystal light orange flavored poweder mix, and water i believe or orange juice...

Let me know how your next shake is!

ceg128
04-26-2010, 01:07 PM
If you want to read a review of ********** from someone who is NOT a beachbody coach, I found one. It's another blog and it's not letting post a link. I've reprinted it below if you want to read it. But to give credit where credit is due, its'from KatDoesDiets blog.

Sunday, April 25, 2010
I am NOT a Beach Body Coach--********** Review

I sort of feel inclined to put that in the title because when I first heard of ********** and searched for reviews, the only ones I could find were written by Beach Body Coaches. I am not, nor will I be any time soon, a Beach Body Coach.

Disclaimer: My race sponsor provided me with a week's worth of ********** to try and review. Links go to my Beach Body Coach's site. I receive no compensation for this review or for referrals.

I tried both the Greenberry and the Chocolate.

But let me back up a little. Before this I had heard of ********** through Beach Body Coaches that are Twitter friends. They all had so many great things to say about it and what it had done for them; they had me intrigued. It sounded a bit too good to be true. So I went to Beach Body's site and checked it out. I saw the price and immediately said, pffft, no way. Never gave it a second thought. To me it was just glorified whey protein and who would drop that kind of money on that? Not me. I love my whey protein and am perfectly happy with the brand I use. I wondered at what these people were thinking!

When my race sponsor told me I would get to review **********, I thought, aha, now I can see what all this hype is about. I tried a sample the night before race day. I liked the taste of both flavors (although the Chocolate is yumtastic). Phew, that makes a review a whole lot easier!

The front of the package claims:
********** The healthiest meal of the day, Replace one meal a day with ********** to help: Lose weight, feel enrgized, improve digestion & regularity, What's Inside **********? protein & essential amino acides, antioxidants, digestive enzymes, prebiotics, vitamins & minerals, phytonutrients, gluten-free, caffeine-free.
Hmm, now this had my attention.

Then I read the back of the package. Wow. This is not glorified whey protein. In fact I wouldn't even use this like I do my regular whey protein. I see this as more of a multivitamin, nutrition drink.

Nutritional information from the back of my Chocolate ********** packets:
Calories 140
Total Fat 1g
Cholesterol 15 mg
Sodium 100 mg
Total Carbohydrate 17 g
Dietary Fiber 3 g
Sugars 9 g
Protein 17g
Vitamin A 100%
Vitamin C 300%
Vitamin D 50%
Vitamin E 50%
Vitamin K1 50%
Vitamin B1 100%
Vitamin B2 77%
Vitamin B3 25%
Vitamin B6 100%
Folic acid 50%
Vitamin B12 100%
Biotin 30%
Pantothenic acid 50%
Calcium 50%
Iron 22%
Phosphorous 25%
Iodine 35%
Magnesium 20%
Zinc 40%
Copper 40%
Manganese 100%
Chromium 50%
Molybdenum 40%
Whey protein 15 g
Proprietary super-fruit blend: 2075 mg
Acerola powder (fruit, Camu-Camu powder (fruit), Pomegranate powder (fruit), Bilberry powder (fruit), Blueberry powder (fruit), Lycium (Goji) powder (berry), Acai powder (berry), Cordyceps, Maitake powder, Reishi powder, Citrus bioflavonoids, Rose Hips powder (fruit), Schisandra powder (berry), Suma powder (root), Gingko powder (leaf).
===You would think I'm done, nope. I may have carpal tunnel at the end of this===
Maca powder (root) 1000mg
Sacha inchi (Plukenetia volubiis) meal 1000mg
Yacon (Smallanthus sonchifolius) powder 1000mg
Flax (seed) meal 700mg
Chia (seed) meal 500mg
Chiorella 350mg
Spirulina 350mg
Hydrilla 300mg
Apple pectin powder 250mg
Astragalus powder (root) 200 mg
Blue green algae 200mg
Spinach powder 200mg
MSM (methylsulfonylmethane) 150mg
Pea fiber 150mg
Quinoa (sprouted) 150mg
Proprietary nondairy probiotic blend: 150 mg
Bifodobacterium longum, Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus acidophilus DDS-1, Lactobacillus bulgaricus, Lactobacilus casei, Streptococcus thermophilus.
Stevia 135mg
Proprietary enzyme blend: 130mg
Amylase, Papain, Cellulase, Lactase, Lipase, Protease, Bromelain.
=====yep, definitely carpal tunnel, nope, still not done!===
Ashwagandha powder (root) 100mg
Barley grass 100mg
Kamut grass 100mg
Oat grass 100mg
Wheat grass 100mg
Amaranth (sprouted) 50mg
Grape seed extrade (seed, 95% proanthocyanins) 50mg
Green tea decaffeinated extract (leaf, 50% polyphenols) 50 mg
Holy Basil powder (leaf) 50 mg

PHEW! The Greenberry is just slightly different, but ain't no way I'm typing all of that too! You get the picture. Normally I would never type out all of what is in something, but this blew me away. There is a lot of amazing things in this. When they say healthiest meal of the day, I see what they mean. I couldn't wait to try it out.

I tried it plain. But I really like my smoothies thick, so I tried adding things to thicken it. I tried the Chocolate with peanut butter. I tried the Greenberry with spinach and strawberries. I even tried the Chocolate with spinach, you know me and spinach in my smoothies, and it was good! I tried it a couple times alone as a meal, and a few times together with an egg white omelet for breakfast. I really like the Chocolate just plain with a little unsweetened vanilla almond milk and ice blended. Yummy.

It's yummy, it has a lot of amazing ingredients that are good for you, but you know what else? I felt fabulous. I had more energy and just overall felt better. I say this a little begrudgingly. I really didn't expect to fall in love with this stuff. I expected to just try it, review it, and move on. I texted my sis (who is also my Beach Body Coach) and told her I had felt fanfriggintastic all week and I thought it might have to do with the **********. She of course knew that.

But I told myself that I HAD really turned a corner mentally and physically lately, and that was probably the explanation. I have felt overall better since losing weight and exercising regularly. That was it.

The true test would come when I ran out.

I ran out 2 days ago...and I miss it. Dangit! She was right. I still feel good, as I usually do, but I really miss how great I felt. I had more energy and just felt more ready to tackle anything that came my way, I felt....well. I know that sounds crazy, it sounds crazy to me too. But I am in love with **********. I will be looking hard at our budget to see if I can fit it in. Considering how cheap I am I would say that is nothing short of amazing ;) I am also extremely curious if it would make my husband (with narcolepsy) feel more alert and overall better too.

From the Beach Body site:

********** can help you:
•Lose weight
•Reduce cravings
•Increase energy and stamina
•Promote healthy digestion and regularity
•Lower cholesterol1

I didn't use it long enough to give a true report on many of these claims, but I can say that I had more energy and felt better overall. It is packed full of amazing good for me ingredients and I give ********** 5 Stars, yep I'm in love with the stuff.

DeJNow
04-27-2010, 04:45 PM
Hello all,

I just found this site researching Shakeloogy as well.

I am currently on P90X and have lost about 20 lbs in about 6 weeks. I'm also on a diet obviously or that would never have happened.

When you join an MLM you always need to purchase some of their products (which is a big reason I decided to join Beachbody over all those juice MLM, UGH!).

So now I am considering buying ********** because it intrigues me, but everyones right it is expensive regardless of how you rationalize it by saying $4 a meal etc. Also in no diet is 140 calories EVER considered to be a meal, so that comparison alone is kind of stupid and just a corporate thing to say for overcoming objections.

In reality it's $4 a shake, which is expensive, but shakes at the gym cost about $6 or so and they don't have nearly the benefit that this seems to. Plus now that I have cancelled my gym membership by doing P90X I have some extra money (albeit my gym membership wasn't $100 a month lol).

I also HATE taking vitamins so drinking a shake instead seems like it would be a lot better.

Once I order this product I will give you guys an honest review, although yes at that time

So anyways this seems like a decent site and I love talking about fitness and nutrition so I'm sure I'll be sticking around!

nelie
04-27-2010, 05:48 PM
Personally, I don't like whey protein powders. I really like Hemp protein powder (Vega is my favorite) plus it isn't an MLM product which I really don't trust.

DeJNow
04-27-2010, 06:03 PM
That's interesting I've never tried Hemp protein (or even heard of it). I don't necessarily like whey but I am currently taking it since I need protein.

I actually didn't even know Beachbody was an MLM until about 3 days ago, and I've been doing P90x for about 30 days now. It was really just a coincidence since I happened to be looking for an MLM anyways. Maybe it will be fate lol.

There are definately MLM's that can't be trusted. Mostly the "science" of their products or the claims they make like in a lot of juice places. In the ********** case ingredients are ingredients though so they can't lie about that. It's just a matter of if it's worth the price or not really. Plus their routines are things like P90x which is Cardio and weight training, not some "amazing ab machine" that's gonna magically cut 5 inches off your wasit lol.

nelie
04-27-2010, 06:09 PM
Out of curiosity, why do you need protein? I mean there is a certain level of protein needs that people require but they are actually fairly small even for heavy body builders.

I think what amazed me quite a bit was an article I was reading a few months ago that talked about the diets of major body builders pre-80s and the fact that they ate high carb diets for the most part. I think companies started making the supplements so they started pushing them in the 80s which skewed a lot of thinking in terms of weight training and protein.

I usually only drink hemp protein shakes when I want something quick/don't feel like eating which is usually in the morning. I don't do them every day.

DeJNow
04-27-2010, 06:13 PM
I take protein directly after lifting weights for building muscle, and sometimes I have a shake during the day for some extra calories that are healthy.

DeJNow
04-27-2010, 06:20 PM
I certainly agree though that a LOT of body builders drink way more protein than they need to. After a point it doesn't even do anything for you, but some protein is essential in building muscle mass.

Pretty much everyone ate carbs in the 80's lol. I actually gained about 10 lbs of muscle on a no carb diet about a year ago so it's not essential for energy like some people say though.

nelie
04-27-2010, 07:37 PM
Some protein is essential, for the average person, 50g protein/day is about right, if you are doing strenuous workouts or pregnant, the number is closer to 70-80g which really isn't a lot if you think about it.

I was also referring to major league body builders like Arnold in his day didn't eat a lot of protein :)

DeJNow
04-27-2010, 07:43 PM
Most weight lifters say 1g of protein per 1lb of lean body mass, but like you say a lot of study suggests you don't really need that much to maximize muscle gain.

I probably have between 20-40g of protein through shakes and the rest is from lean meats and eggs.

Jennifer 3FC
05-01-2010, 12:41 PM
I wouldn't buy any shake, drink etc that is an MLM product. It's ridiculous for the dieter to have to pay that much money just to pay the profit to everybody above them. There are a lot of other great products with a lot of less middlemen. It's sad how expensive dieting can be, especially when it is aimed at a lot of vulnerable people.

chubbybride2b
05-16-2010, 01:07 AM
i have a friend who sells ********** and is pushing it so much its actually a little too much if you know what i mean...however i tried a few samples and i actually felt pretty good... however i found the taste not to my liking however i did notice i had a great amount of energy. with such a short period of time that i tried the product ive decided to place ONE order to test the reality of this product...its totally over priced and the "coaches" are getting paid a large comision that is why they are pushing it like robots they all say the same thing... so im a real person who would really like to lose 10 lbs i work out 6 days a week, i just need a change in what i put in my mouth. if this product works ill let the world know...but with real reasons not the over detailed lists of whats in it and why its the best thing in the world for you... ill be the judge of that ;)

momrose1971
06-01-2010, 01:47 PM
Actually what gives you the energy is the Maca root - it is some powerful stuff!

Now if you took a multi vitamin, a Maca root supplement, and some egg white protein powder there ya go - just like a **********. My opinion!

It take healthy eating and exercise to lose weight - I do not believe in all those products - all it is - is money making for someone other than you!

Peace!

UDA9302
07-20-2010, 01:58 PM
I have an old high school friend who is constantly posting on FB about her success with ********** and P90X. She suggested I try the **********. So I did what many of us do, embarked on a day long research binge!

What did I find? That almost all of the reviews were from BeachBody Coaches! Heck I didn't even realize there was such a thing. Nor did I realize that my own friend was one! I kind of felt DUMB. I did stumble across a few reviews that seemed legit though. Of those reviews, some said they loved it, some said it wasn't for them.

I personally would love to try this product just to see what all of the hype is about. BUT money is a major issue with me. I tried to justify it as simply a $4 meal. However, I usually only drink chocolate skim milk for breakfast, a sandwich for lunch and whatever meal I make for the family for dinner. I can't skimp out on the dinner and breakfast & lunch combined doesn't cost me $4. Not to mention I would probably be consuming more calories by drinking this shake simply because of what I would add to it to make it taste good. LOL.

I am only looking to lose 5 vanity pounds. So weight loss is not my major motivator, just a perk. I am looking to get healthy & feel better, lower my blood pressure and eliminate muscle & joint pain. I am not sure if going the ********** route is for me. I will have to continue doing my research. I may even consider the 30 day money back guarantee just to see what I think.

19Deltawifey
07-20-2010, 04:11 PM
For some reason when I read ********** I was thinking that it was a exercise where you just shake your body in place and that is supposed to cause weight loss lol. My friend actually did that exercise and said it worked for her but ********** I have never tried nor do I know anyone who has tried **********. $4 a day for a shake, it sounds like a waste of money, and I also found something else suspicious about this post, some of the people have only posted 1-4 times max on 3fc so it just sort of looks like people are here to endorse the product and leave like they could be the coaches or something trying to sell the shake.

The shake I drink is Muscle milk ( buy the big powder container) but I don't drink it everyday or every week for that matter. If ********** works for you then good for you but the price just doesn't sound right or worth it for that matter but this is just my opinion