The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing - TBL Season 7 Show Discussion Thread Part 2 **SPOILERS**

Sheridan
05-19-2009, 03:23 PM
Dear L144S,

I am totally smittten by your wonderful dog. That is a good looking animal.

Has anyone read anything about the winners and any excess loose skin after? This possibility scares me but they all look great in clothes.

Sheridan

Kimphin
05-19-2009, 05:08 PM
I know that Susie from season 2 had surgery to remove loose skin (I think I remember reading about her personal struggle to decide to have that done) and I think that Erik also had a full body lift.

sportmom
05-19-2009, 07:01 PM
WHo's Daniel? i wonder if max is there too.

What network is FLN?

Leeesa
05-19-2009, 07:06 PM
I'm sad there's no BL to watch tonight... I used to sooo look forward to Tuesdays... what else is on Tuesdays anyway???

willow650
05-19-2009, 07:10 PM
WHo's Daniel? i wonder if max is there too.

What network is FLN?

Max isn't old enough, he is barely 17 and I hope he doesn't need the ranch by the time he is 18

ennay
05-19-2009, 08:13 PM
I thought this quote from Helen's article was telling and what a lot of them have to do to win: TVGuide.com: Do you think you can maintain this weight?
Phillips: Because of my age, I have some loose skin because I've dropped 140 pounds. I knew that was going to happen, however, I haven't really been toning my muscles. So what I plan on doing now is working on toning, and working on building some muscle strength for upper body, abs, lower body. So just that alone will put on a few pounds here and there, which is fine because there's no body fat, it will all be lean muscle.

They spend all the time on the ranch building muscle and then the time at home starving it back off.

ennay
05-19-2009, 08:15 PM
Just listening to Jillian's Podcast and she said Daniel is back this season. They started taping this past thursday! Yeah Daniel!

That is awesome. I remember thinking during the finale that they should bring Daniel back because his attitude is there and he is finally at a weight that he can be competitive. He was too heavy to compete before, he was barely mobile.

vixjean
05-19-2009, 09:42 PM
wow, good for him! I wonder who else is back?

L144S
05-19-2009, 10:22 PM
Thanks sherridan! She is a very special girl, not the brightes I have owned but a great companion for walking and all around good dog!

I don't think we will see anyone else back. My guess is that Daniel still has a lot to lose (150ish) and worked hard on his own, it would NOT be a good move to bring back more than Daniel, I just think he grabed the audiance enough for the producers to think it is a good idea.

maryshady
05-20-2009, 08:27 AM
I'm so glad they are bringing Daniel back. He did such a great job at home. I can't wait to see what he does this season. I missed watching it last night, too. Sept is a long way away!

vixjean
05-20-2009, 08:53 PM
I don't think they will just bring back Daniel and not anyone else. Maybe it will be the oldies vs the newbies or something.

When does the new one start?

trekkiegirl
05-20-2009, 09:36 PM
I don't think they will just bring back Daniel and not anyone else. Maybe it will be the oldies vs the newbies or something.

Apparently, the theme is "second chances" but it doesn't necessarily mean anybody is returning but Daniel. Jillian says one of the contestants is a woman who gained a couple hundred pounds after she lost her entire family in a car wreck.

Also, the show will drop to 1 1/2 hours at some point midseason to be followed by a sitcom.

Chele615
05-21-2009, 07:36 AM
I love the show...but it will be nice to have the show cut down a bit midseason. It was too late of a night for me since I have to get up wicked early for work every morning. Wednesday mornings were tough....especially after the 3 hour finale ;)

suzie42
05-26-2009, 09:16 PM
I was skimming through the channels today, and stopped to see what was on Oprah. She had a preview of Thursday's show, and it's going to be all about The Biggest Loser!....with both Jillian and Bob on, and who's kept it off guests, etc. Looks good!

~Suzie

~serenity now~ :yoga:

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-day/cartoonapple01/lb/212/140/203.9/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

zinkemomx2
05-26-2009, 11:21 PM
I was skimming through the channels today, and stopped to see what was on Oprah. She had a preview of Thursday's show, and it's going to be all about The Biggest Loser!....with both Jillian and Bob on, and who's kept it off guests, etc. Looks good!

It is the repeat from last October if anyone missed it. http://www.oprah.com/dated/oprahshow/oprahshow_20081001_biggestloser

LadyPhoenix
05-27-2009, 11:55 AM

~Suzie

~serenity now~ :yoga:

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-day/cartoonapple01/lb/212/140/203.9/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

Thanks for sharing that! I missed it the first time they showed it and I would love to see what a lot of people look like now and what it's been like since they left the ranch! :):)

trekkiegirl
06-02-2009, 03:35 PM
TV Guide is reporting that Jillian says Filipe accused her of giving drugs to her team, which is the reason she avoided training him and he had that big blowup. Filipe denies ever saying it but a producer is backing up Jillian's story. Jillian says there was actually an investigation going on for about a week.

http://tvguidemagazine.com/news/biggest-loser-drug-scandal-1258.html

canadianwoman
06-02-2009, 04:28 PM
TV Guide is reporting that Jillian says Filipe accused her of giving drugs to her team, which is the reason she avoided training him and he had that big blowup. Filipe denies ever saying it but a producer is backing up Jillian's story. Jillian says there was actually an investigation going on for about a week.

http://tvguidemagazine.com/news/biggest-loser-drug-scandal-1258.html

I knew there was a reason why I never liked the guy. Not only did he accuse Jillian (who is totally honest) but he sneaked off campus with his cousin for fast food and binged on the food provided to the camera crew by the catering company.
I hope to never see the likes of him again. :barf:

trekkiegirl
06-06-2009, 06:14 PM
On a happier note, Max has been at Fitness Ridge in Utah. He's got a public Facebook page where he updates his progress:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Max-Morelli/83339334548?ref=mf

I also read Mandi saying that her father has lost 75 pounds.

I def think they put Mike in some kind of girdle for the finale. He did move a little funny and the photos he's posted since then are a little heavier than how he looked at the finale a few weeks ago.

ddc
07-11-2009, 10:20 PM
I just read this in the tv guide article posted above:
"The only pills contestants are allowed are multi-vitamins and caffeine pills to help them wake up and get through the day."

They gave them caffeine????? That speeds up your metabolism and is considered to be a drug : "Caffeine is a bitter, white crystalline xanthine alkaloid that is a psychoactive stimulant drug."

Anyone know when the new season starts?

Edit: I just looked it up: Sept 15--season 8!

QuilterInVA
07-15-2009, 02:04 PM
You get caffine from chocolate, coffee, tea, colas, and more. So why are you so concerned that they took a caffine tablet when people drink Starbucks with extra shots all day long?

canadianwoman
07-16-2009, 10:56 AM
I just read this in the tv guide article posted above:
"The only pills contestants are allowed are multi-vitamins and caffeine pills to help them wake up and get through the day."

They gave them caffeine?????

!

Jillian discusses this in her latest podcast. Caffeine is also a fat burner.

RangerChic
07-16-2009, 11:38 AM
As of this season, they no longer take caffeine pills. They were taking a stacker each day. Now, Jillian says she gives them organic coffee and Bayer aspirin. And, if you are questioning the caffeine, why? 200mg of the stuff per day is good for you, just not more than that. Also, these people are working out 6 hours a day with 4-5 hours of sleep. They need some sort of pick me up.

ddc
07-16-2009, 12:02 PM
I'm just anti-supplement.
Silly me, I thought they were just doing diet and exercise.
Naive, I guess.

ennay
07-16-2009, 01:16 PM
Why so little sleep? That is just stupid. 6 hours of workouts a day, no job, no family to take care of. How many hours of tv madness must they do to provide a 2 hour show a week.

Sleep = weight loss and recovery. Think how much better they would do with reasonable sleep.

Most elite athletes get 10+ hours of sleep a day. TBL would lose weight faster and be less burned out if they worked out had lunch, napped and worked out again.

RangerChic
07-17-2009, 12:41 AM
Why so little sleep? That is just stupid. 6 hours of workouts a day, no job, no family to take care of. How many hours of tv madness must they do to provide a 2 hour show a week.

Sleep = weight loss and recovery. Think how much better they would do with reasonable sleep.

Most elite athletes get 10+ hours of sleep a day. TBL would lose weight faster and be less burned out if they worked out had lunch, napped and worked out again.

And yes, they need more. Jillian has said as much. However, with the schedule they have with doing the show, it just doesn't happen. The trainers aren't happy about it, but they have a full time job doing this TV show. So, it's about weight loss and being "stars" of a prime time show.