Support Groups - The Onederland Express - Hop on Here! #2

Pages : [1] 2 3

sept15lija
04-21-2009, 03:33 PM
Hello ladies

I hope no one minds I started another thread, I saw that they are supposed to close at 500.

Hope everyone's well...I'm OK, did not too good at the bbq...I was OK until the end when she brought out a tray of chocolate stuff....I lost my will at that point. ;) I don't think I did too much damage though, as near as I can figure I ended the day around 2300 calories.

Anyhow, just wanted to say Hi!! :)

sept15lija
04-24-2009, 10:17 AM
Bumping this up!

auntie g
04-24-2009, 07:55 PM
Hey, Liz! Thanks for starting the new thread! I'll put the link on the old one if it's not too late. Beware of that chocolate! That's what gets me every time. Every time. Eeek!

Have a good weekend!

Arabella
04-25-2009, 11:52 AM
And, uh, yesterday wasn't. Got my 10,000 steps, went to the gym, did a little yoga. But ate a big bag of brown rice chips and too much chocolate in the afternoon. Seems like sometimes I've got to binge before I can pick self up, dust self off and start all over again. Today's not the best day to pick because we've got company coming for dinner. However, I'll make my plans for how to handle it and then stick to 'em. :yes:

Sorry for the me-me-me post! I'll get back in tomorrow for a real one.

Have a great weekend, wimmins!

Satine
04-27-2009, 10:15 AM
Yes, I ate all weekend, very poorly...I had chinese buffet, Long John Silvers, made homemade cupcakes...showed me up 3 pounds this morning and that is definitely in the WRONG direction...starting a new today and hope to stay strong until August :carrot:

Auntie G - thanks for posting about the new thread, I was lost, haha ...but sometimes that happens easily, since I turned 35 anyway :D

Okay so hi to everyone , my break is over, will talk more later...

Carri

auntie g
04-27-2009, 11:53 AM
Hi all! Today is my official re-start! I did try yesterday, but then ended up at a Chuck E. Cheese b-day party after I had already had dinner. Oops! The pizza was sitting right in front of me, taunting me...

Anyway, today's the day.

Arabella, how is YOUR day going? Are ya on?

Carri, hopefully you got that stuff out of your system from the weekend. You were planning on having a little "fun" while DH was away, right? Today I went out tank top shopping- ugh! That made me want to stay OP now that it's hot! Oh, and 35 is nothing compared to 40, so beware! :)

Liz, we're all here now! How are you doing? Oh, and I, too, love your little man in a tie pic! When my now 9 YO nephew was 3, he asked for a shirt and tie for Christmas from me. No toys, just a shirt and tie. Soooo cute!

OK, have a great week everyone! It's time to get serious!

sept15lija
04-29-2009, 08:15 PM
Hey ladies

How's everyone?? Things are good here, same old same old!! I finally got on the treadmill and did some running alternating with walking, and when I went to bed I woke up because my knees hurt so much! I had to take tylenol. My DH thinks I should stick to walking for now. Jeez I couldn't believe it, I literally ran maybe five minutes total. Oh well!

Carri - I broke down and had chinese on the weekend, it is truly a major weakness of both DH & I. DH is on board now, trying to lose some weight too, which will help but we do enable each other still!

Auntie G -That is such a cute story about your nephew!! I'm glad you're back on track and feeling positive!

Satine
05-08-2009, 10:17 AM
Sorry I have been MIA, but I would post if I could...the site just gets locked up so much anytime I try to do anything that i just get frustrated and close it...I know others are having the same issue because we have been complaining about it on another thread, hope they get it worked out soon...

I am doing well, staying on plan and exercising...I even managed to lose 3 pds this week on my TOM ...and that is impressive for me...

Hope you all are doing well...I know Auntie G is, I see her on facebook :o)

Hope all you mothers have a good mothers day too

Later
Carri

auntie g
05-08-2009, 04:01 PM
Hmmm, I didn't realize it'd been so long... I also didn't realize that I hadn't updated here what's been going on, so here I am. I'm a little shaky with the diet again, but I am trying. Life has thrown us another curveball. My BIL has been in the hospital for a week and a half now. He's had an ongoing shoulder problem, but now they found out he has cancer. It started on his lung, but spread up and out, right where the original shoulder problem had been, so they didn't know to be looking for something else.

Groan...

It's really bad. He's getting radiation and chemo, and my sister stays at the hospital most of the time. The rest of us shuffle the poor kids around, and some will be sleeping here for the weekends for a while. So, I don't have as much time for my own trivial pursuits nowadays.

Carri, I do get on Facebook every day- I can make a faster exit there than here! I love taking those stupid quizzes, just to get my mind off of real life for a few minutes. I may just go do one now! (The kids aren't here yet, and I really should be doing something more productive, but...) Anyway, congrats on the 3 lbs!!! I'm glad you're hanging in there!

Liz, I hope things are going well for you! Stay away from that Chinese food, at least near weigh-in, since it's so salty!

Arabella, you've really been MIA for a while! Hope you're hanging in, too!!

Have a good weekend, all!

Arabella
05-09-2009, 11:25 AM
Hi Wimmins! My grandson's mom delivered very prematurely and the baby's had a serious bleed in his brain. So they're in a hospital 3.5 hours (plus a $35 bridge toll) away. So we're scuttling here to keep DGS looked after. I have to say, it's just been one thing after another.

I bit the bullet and went back to WW yesterday. Up 2.2 from a month ago. That's definitely the wrong direction. I'm reading both The Gabriel Method and Does this clutter make my butt look big? And finding good stuff in both.

Today so far, I'm cruising -- went for a little run in the woods, did a little yoga, walked over to tai chi class, did that and walked back. Had a bowl of oatmeal with berries and yogurt. Tomorrow I've got a big family party planned.

I plead temporary insanity. It seemed like a good idea last weekend and then all week I was wanting to smack myself: What was I thinking? What would I like for Mother's Day? Peace and quiet, relaxation. :rolleyes:

Auntie g -- speaking of one thing after another... :hug: I'm so sorry to hear about your BIL. Sending good energy to him and your family.

Carri, three pounds off! :balloons: Congrats! K, I'm inspired. I CAN DO THIS!

Liz, I agree, if running five minutes made your knees hurt that badly you should hold off on it for a while.

Let's remember to breathe, stay positive and look after ourselves. Ok?

sept15lija
05-10-2009, 11:50 AM
auntie g - I am so sorry to hear about your BIL. I really hope that the radiation and chemo work. :hugs:

Arabella - I am sorry to hear about your grandson's mom! Wow that must be tough...I hope everything works out OK. I agree, I think holding off on the running is a good idea!! DH wondered why I went straight to running anyways, he was like, shouldn't you build yourself up a bit first?? Oh yeah duh I guess I should. lol

Well ladies big news in my life...I'm pregnant. We started trying in April, and despite it taking over 2 yrs with DS, I am pregnant after one cycle! I'm in shock. So my focus is going to be maintaining my present weight loss. I am going to update my ticker to my current weight (216) and I am going to work on maintaining that....I gained 55lbs with DS and I am absolutely not going to do that again. So I will definitely still be around!

Arabella
05-14-2009, 05:12 AM
Congratulations, Liz! :balloons:

I woke up feeling much more positive this morning. I've got a ton of work to do today and the usual round of other stuff but I'll get through it. I have felt much more energetic lately, which makes life easier.

Let's make this a good one! :cb: :cb:

Satine
05-14-2009, 10:20 AM
LIZ - CONGRATS !!!! That is great... :carrot:

I am still doing well, went a little bit over calories yesterday evening but not too bad...need to stay out of the Cheetos, haha

Arabella - I know we can both do this...I am feeling more positive too, and that helps us to stay on the straight and narrow...2.2 gain in a month is actually pretty good, I can gain that in about 3 days...

Auntie G - how is the BIL doing? Hope he is getting better.

It has been rainy here the last couple of days, good on my yard but hard on me, cant get out and walk...may do an exercise dvd inside tonight.

Talk to you all soon!!

Carri

Arabella
05-15-2009, 08:43 AM
On deadline but just wanted to poke my head in here. I'm focusing on -- among other things -- eating only when I'm hungry. But also finding I'm awfully hungry this week. Oh well!

Carri, yeah I can do much better myself. I can easily put 2.2 on overnight :dz:

Auntie g, how goes it? Thinking of you and your family.

Liz: :wave:

Hope all have a lovely Friday!

Satine
05-19-2009, 10:12 AM
Bump

How is everyone doing? I am doing well, still sticking to plan and trying to get into the exercise groove

Dh is not doing so well, his back is bothering him again, they think it is the scar tissue from his surg in 2006 so he has to have another MRI tomorrow, that wont be cheap...so I am worried about him but still staying OP.

Hope you all are doing well...c'mon back and join me... summer is coming and we need to be able to look good in our summer clothes :carrot:

later,
Carri

auntie g
05-19-2009, 07:53 PM
Hi all! Glad the thread is still inching along. I am not doing well, diet-wise, at all, but I'm hoping to still get back to it sooner or later. Life upheavals continue to mount, so I end up relying on fast food, not healthy food.

My BIL got sent home from the hospital for a few days last week - just to help him mentally. He got completely dehydrated since he can't swallow much, so he's back in the hospital. They were supposed to be putting in a feeding tube today. This whole thing is just so unbelievable, I don't have any more words...

Arabella, how's the baby? I hope you're still on the positive and energetic cycle!

Liz, congratulations!!! Now you have a good excuse to eat lots of HEALTHY foods!

Carri, congrats to you for staying on track! Seems like you're on a bit of a roll now... Oh how I wish I could have stayed OP these last few months. I can't believe the pool opens this weekend, and as usual, I'm not ready. I guess I'm going to have to start eating fruit instead of chocolate! Hope your DH's problem fixes up easily!

In the likely event that I don't pop back in this week, have a great holiday weekend, everyone! (I suppose it's not a holiday for you, Arabella, but have a good one anyway!)

Arabella
05-20-2009, 06:37 AM
Good morning, Glories! I'm doing the Gabriel Method and LOVING it!!! :cb: :cb: (Three exclamation marks and two bananas = LOVE)

It's so empowering. I'm feeling the fabled click. Everything's SO much easier and life's SO much better.

Carri, good for you staying OP throughout! Huzzah! Hope all goes well for your DH.

Auntie g, it's so hard to get going but once you do you're a force to be reckoned with! The baby is doing well, still has to have fluid removed from his brain but seems to be developing well otherwise. I hope he'll be moved to a hospital closer to home soon. :crossed:

I work for an American company so I'm going to try to finagle a long weekend out of this deal ;)

Let's get out there and have a FABULOUS day!

Satine
06-02-2009, 10:14 AM
Bump....

wow been a long time since anyone has been on here huh? :(

I weighed myself this morning and am down to 218 ...would like to be at 199 at least by Aug 1st when I leave for CA, so 19 pds, lets just say 20 in two months...that is 10 per month...I think I can do it since I lost 10 in May...but here is hoping :carrot: Sad thing is that I will gain probably about 5 pds while i am there that week, that is my week off ...my vacation from my hard work all the other weeks...oh well just come back and start back in ...

How are all of you doing?

Talk to you soon !!
Carri

Satine
06-04-2009, 10:15 AM
I snuck a peak on the scale yesterday morning and was down another pound to get to 217 ...I am just trying very hard to get to 199 before we leave on aug 1st for CA ...I think if I stay on this path I will get there no problem, even if I get close I will be okay

Tonight we are going out for sushi with my little sis and her dh - I LOVE sushi and cant wait to go out...I will be good though, it is easy to have sushi for dinner and stay within calories if you know what is what ...

HOpe you all have a good day ...I am moving steadily back towards Onderland !!! :carrot:

Later,
Carri

mompen
06-04-2009, 11:12 AM
Hi Ladies! Just found your thread and wanted to see if I could jump on the Onderland Train?? I just made it under and feel so much better already... I think my highest weight ever is 213.... Taking each pound at a time!

Satine
06-05-2009, 10:43 AM
Hi Mompen, of course you can join us ...love to have you ....hopefully we will all start posting on here regularly again, have been MIA for a while...Congrats for getting into Onderland...I cannot wait to get back there...it has been about two years for me...sadly...

I had a great sushi dinner with my ds and her dh last night....love this new sushi place called Isushi Cafe....they have the best rolls...one of them had some cheese on it so it might not have been the best for me but all in all I did very well.

Looking forward to a nice weekend, weather should be good, nice and sunny today with a high of 75...perfect :)

Talk to you all soon.

Carri

auntie g
06-05-2009, 04:00 PM
Hi all! Just a one-liner to say I'll be back soon. Hope everyone is doing well!

Satine
06-08-2009, 10:17 AM
Morning everyone...I am doing the happy dance :carrot: ...I lost three pounds last week, now down to 215...so now I only have to lose another 16 to get to Onederland before I leave for vacation :) I am in the zone and very excited about getting there!!!

Okay gotta go change my signature, haha

later,
Carri

Arabella
06-08-2009, 10:55 AM
Good morning, Chicklies! All goes well here. No new loss to report but I have faith that it's going to happen any day now. The Gabriel Method is working well for me but I had a fantastic first week followed by a backlash second week. Now full speed ahead!

Carri, :woohoo: you're on a roll! I'm planning to hit Onederland for my birthday, mid-ish July. Yes we can I know we can can make it...

Auntie g, thanks for stopping in. Let's get this thing started again!

Mompen, :welcome:

K, Wimmins, I must be off (but not by much). Let's make this a good one!

Satine
06-10-2009, 10:21 AM
Morning All ...still going along my merry way with the weight loss...I hope to be at 214 or 213 by Sunday but we will see...I feel al cheat coming on and I have been fighting it for the last two days...it is getting harder and harder but I know I can do it ...I am stronger than food:D

Arabella - good to hear from you...I know we all need to get back on here and get serious!!! We CAN do it ...I would like to see us all in Onederland by Christmas, or even Fall ...

C'Mon Girls !!!!!

later,
Carri

Satine
06-12-2009, 10:21 AM
Morning All ....just dropping in to say I was down another pound this morning....now 214 !!!! :carrot: yeah I am tooting my own horn...I am finally on the ball, haha

Hi to you all !!!

Later,
Carri

Satine
06-15-2009, 10:10 AM
213 as of Sunday morning...chugging along :carrot:

had a good weekend...went by too fast of course ...could really go for another one and not five days from now, haha

I feel good now that I am down 15 pds since I started this last stint ...still have 15 more to go before Aug 1st for goal...

How are you guys doing?

See ya later,
Carri

auntie g
06-15-2009, 11:08 AM
Hi girls! I'm making a new attempt today. I've changed my stats to the sad truth that I've slipped out of Onederland. Grrrrr... But I suppose I could have done a lot worse. I've been off the wagon for the mos part of the past 4 months, and I "only" put 8.5 lbs back on. That's actually pretty good, for the way I've been eating. Sigh...

So, life is still very complicated, but I figure that the longer I put off trying, the worse it's gonna get, so here we go...

Carri, major congrats on the current roll you're on! Isn't it funny how it takes so long to find your groove, but once you find it, you just GO?! Keep up the good work!

Arabella, I have no idea what this Gabriel method is, but I hope it's working for ya! Under normal circumstances, I would search it and find out the whole deal, but I am currently sucked into the the Facebook "Farmtown" world, and barely take time for anything else while I'm on the computer. It's crazy and kinda stupid to be investing time in a sedentary activity, but it is very addictive, and gives me a little escape from reality. Could be worse!

Penny, if you're still loitering around, welcome aboard the train!

Time to get back to the farm, and then the dishes and laundry and bills. I know how to live it up, don't I?

Have a great week!

Satine
06-22-2009, 10:12 AM
Morning Everyone....did everyone have a good Fathers Day? We did, we of course had to stop by both Fathers houses yesterday, am glad they live somewhat close to eachother, but we had a good time...

Down to 212 now, still chugging along, hope to be at 210 by the end of this week, that is my goal...so we will see :carrot:

Hope everyone else is doing fine...would love to hear from all of you.

Later,
Carri

auntie g
06-22-2009, 05:17 PM
Keep on chugging, Carri! I'm still not really there, though I am trying a little more for the past week. I didn't even remember to weigh in this morning because I had to take a scary trip into the city for DH's dr appointment. Things are still just too complicated for me to concentrate, I guess. So, I'm just half-heartedly trying, but at least that's a step.

One of these days...

Arabella
06-23-2009, 06:17 AM
Good morning, Lovelies!

As reported, first week on the Gabriel Method was fantastic but the next less so. Since then, I've been eating like a normal person -- not eating when I'm not hungry, not stuffing my face when I am. Getting lots of exercise. But not shifting the weight, which means, I know, that I need to be eating less than I am. I was at a screenwriting workshop all last week and ate well -- and much less than all the slender people there -- but ended up 2 pounds UP from when it started? :shrug: Yeah, that's the way it goes sometimes.

I've also been building sprints into my runs. I do think it makes my muscles hold water for a while but surely to gawd that should be over now. Anyway. Time to look at the sitch and see if I can regain the wonderfulness of the first week on the GM. And, failing that, recommit to WW tracking.

Carri, look at you go! :woohoo:

Auntie g, shall we get going again? Where's our Rosie the Riveter spirit?

Let's take this day and do our level best with it!

Amany
06-23-2009, 12:09 PM
Hi there!

I've been on 3fatchicks on and off for a while. I think I would enjoy posting with you guys daily. You seem like a great bunch, and I want to be in ONEderland so bad! I've been in the 200s for 10 years, and I'm sick of it.

As you can see from my signature, I'm doing the Carbohydrate Addict's plan. It doesn't seem like it could work but, thankfully for me, it does. It's easy and I love it. I don't even get hungry.

Sorry this is so short, but I've been dragging all morning. I am tired and took sinus meds, so everything is taking forever. I don't know if you all make a habit of posting daily menus and /or exercise. I will probably post my exercise, because it will keep me accountable. And honest with myself.

Have a great day!

Yesterday:
Two mile walk

faeriegrove
06-24-2009, 11:13 AM
can you share some of the basics of the Gabriel Method with us?

thank you so much!

Satine
06-25-2009, 10:14 AM
Morning All ....well I am now at 211 ....every day it seems I am chugging along and getting closer and closer to Onederland :carrot:

I still have my goal to lose 30 before August 1st when I leave for CA, so that means I need to lose 13 more pounds in 5 weeks, scary ....I dont know if I can make it but am certainly going to try !!!!

Welcome Amany - would love to have you in our group! Good luck to you!

Arabella - I know that you, Auntie G, and I can get into Onederland soon if we just all try....lets do this !!!!

Talk to you all later.

Carri

Amany
06-25-2009, 11:20 AM
Okay, so yesterday I signed up for a challenge and then messed up on my eating. Smart! Instead of having those "monthly cravings" when I have my period, like most women, I seem to get them when ovulation starts. And crave until a day or so into my period. :mad: Today is brand new though, so I'll get right back on track. My hope is that if I am stronger against the cravings a bit more each month, they will stop mattering at some point. Whatever happens, I still want to be out of these 200s by July 13; and stay our for good!

Thanks so much for the welcome Carri. :hug:

Okay, so it's time to get off my butt and get some exercise in. I don't know if I'd rather brave the heat and humidity or work out with Leslie Sansone in the refreshing a/c. Hmmm...

Arabella
06-26-2009, 09:06 AM
Always a catch! I had a wonderful first week on the method but then I just sort-of did it. And my weight loss has just sort-of stalled.

Here's an explanation:

In a nutshell, the guided meditation and visualizations help you stop wanting to eat more food than you need and convince your mind that it wants to make your body slim. So it's kind of automatic, which is pretty sweet. No more struggling!

I've been working toward this kind of approach to some extent anyway but this really crystallizes it for me. I know if I'm not hungry and I want to eat something, that I probably need something other than food. A nap, a visit, some play time... So if I tend to my needs, eat when I'm hungry and not otherwise, that alone would do it. Add the visualization, meditation, etc... I love this method.

There's a lot of theory and research behind it, which is explained and documented in the book.

The focus is on adding healthy food to your diet, rather than taking junk out right away. He suggests that people eat as much as they want of whatever they want. If someone had a really crappy diet, it could take them quite a while to start losing. Although I've also heard stories of people having lightbulb moments that started them on their way immediately.

I haven't been spending a lot of time doing visualizations and etc. I just try to use positive self-talk throughout the day and possibly do one or two of the exercises he recommends. Most nights I've listened to the guided meditation, which is very relaxing.

Here's an interview I found. (http://nourishedmagazine.com.au/blog/articles/weight-loss-without-dieting-interview-with-jon-gabriel-author-of-the-gabriel-method)

Carri, you're doing so awesome! :woohoo: I'm going to get going again, I am. :yes:

Amany, :welcome: Watching types and amounts of carbs is crucial for me. And I just FEEL so much better when I eat that way.

Auntie g, how's it going?

mompen
06-27-2009, 11:33 AM
Morning Ladies!!! Happy Weekend!

Thanks for the welcome!
Being that I have three boys and a business to run, things have been crazy around here!

Carri~ Thanks for the welcome! Just wanted to tell you how PROUD :carrot::cheer2::congrat: I am! You are doing awesome! KEEP IT DOWN GIRL!!

Auntie G~ Hang in there! We can all do this together!!

Arabella ~ Sounds like a great way of thinking! We could all use some positive thinking :D

Amany ~ I hope the cravings get better! I know it is hard, but we are here for yoU!!!:hug:

As far me.. I have been so excited in the little bit of loss I have already have! My 16 shorts are falling down so I dug out a pair of 14's today and they fit so well! Not tight at all!! yah!!!! :carrot:

Hope to hear from you all soon! HUGS!! :hug:

Amany
06-29-2009, 07:43 AM
Morning! :hiya:

Thanks Mompen and Arabella. :hug:

Well I'm down 2! If I hadn't strayed it would have been soooo much better, but it's a lesson learned. I haven't weight 206 in years. I don't really remember that last time. Eight or nine years ago maybe...

Well, have a good day. BBL!

mompen
07-02-2009, 03:49 PM
Congrats Amanda! Sounds like you are on the right track!

I have strayed for a couple days but quickly realized why I am doing what I am doing! To look and feel healthier!

Have a great 4th weekend!!!

Amany
07-04-2009, 01:03 PM
Well... Unofficially I'm at 204. Of course I won't count it until Monday morning. If I continue at this rate I won't make my July 13 goal of ONEderland, but I think I'll get there sometime this month. I can live with that. :D

Satine
07-06-2009, 10:19 AM
Morning All ...I was at 209 this weekend....I can taste Onederland so badly!!!!! I feel it!! haha :carrot: I havent been this close in a LONG time...

Amanda - 204? You will be there in no time...

Hope everyone had a great 4th of July...we really didnt do too much just hung out with friends...

Talk to you all soon!!!

Carri

Satine
07-09-2009, 10:14 AM
So I am now down an even 20 pds !!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

I am quite excited about that .....just wanted to share !!!

Hope you all are doing well !!!!

Carri

Satine
07-13-2009, 10:14 AM
Good morning everyone...or anyone?? :D

Well I weighed in on Saturday and was down 2 pouunds, so now down to 206 and 22 pds lost ....

I hope you all are doing well...would love to hear from you. :hug:

Later,
Carri

Amany
07-14-2009, 08:27 AM
Congrats Carrie! We're all doing so well..

I'm down to 202. It's like I'm on a 2 pound a week schedule. No complaints here though!

Satine
07-14-2009, 10:10 AM
Morning All ...

Amany - you are so close to Onederland...you will be there in no time and I will be right on your heals :)

I know that I am going to get right at 199 or 200 and go on vacation and put on a couple...but I dont mind...I need the vacation and once I get back I can get right back on track and continue going back down.

Hope you all have a good day !!!

Later,
Carri

Amany
07-16-2009, 06:52 PM
I feel fearful / excited about getting below 200.

Fearful because I have this strange panic about fluctuating between 198 and 201 constantly. Or getting to 198 and then going on a binge that puts me back at 220.

In my heart of hearts, though, I know that once I'm well established in the 190s, I'll never see 200 again. I just really feel that, for the first time ever, I've changed my lifestyle. I have an eating plan that can work for me forever. I'm nowhere near perfect with it, but I stick to it more often than not. Plus, I've rediscovered the love of jogging. It's a slow go and it's hard. I can't jog nonstop yet. It's more like walk/jog/walk/jog, but I'm getting there. I even have new silver and pink running shoes! :) My next purchase.... Rollerskates with pink wheels!!!! :lol:

Satine
07-17-2009, 10:18 AM
Morning Everyone

Amany - I know exactly how you feel, you try so hard to get under 200 and then when you do your weigh fluctuates and you can see 201 then 198, then back to 200 ...I really dont feel comfortable until I get to about 195 then you probably wont get back up to the 200 even if you do have a little gain ...so I am right there with ya ...but you and I are going to be under 200 in no time and I cant wait !!!!!

Hope you all have a good weekend :)

Later,
Carri

sweetandspicy
07-17-2009, 10:28 AM
I know how you all feel. For the past 2 weeks I have lost one pound a week, before I was loosing about 2.5 a week. I am less than one pound to be under 200 but I know when I weigh saturday it will say 200 or 200.9 something like that. I have waited for so long to get below 200 and now that I am so close it is almost like it will never happen. I am drinking water like crazy today in an effort to help, but you are right even if I get the ever so desired 199 it can fluctuate so easily. when I weighed last week. if I stood on one foot put my finger on my nose and held my breath it said 199 for like 1 second, but hey it was a great second....

Amany
07-17-2009, 12:40 PM
Carri, yes we will! It's just such a weird feeling. I haven't been under 200 in 10 years. I haven't even been the weight I am right now in almost 10 years. I will feel a ton better at 195, because then it will feel like, "Okay I'm on the way down.".
My next magic number will be 178. I remember years ago trying to get below 180. I could never do it. I would exercise and exercise, and my body actually looked pretty good. I looked like I weighed 165 and had no stomach to speak of. In hindsight I know why I never lost. All that sugary candy and soda. Back then we were obsessed with fat grams and forgot that calories mattered too!

Exactly Amy! Even though you know it HAS to happen. Eventually, our bodies will give it up. It just feels like it won't. Kind of like being little and it's December 19. Will Christmas ever get here? When will Santa show up?? :lol: Congrats on that second at 199 by the way. :)

Yes, ladies, we will make it. No doubt!!!

Amany
07-20-2009, 10:14 AM
Happy Monday!!

I hope everyone had a fantabulous weekend. No loss to report today. It's a little disappointing. I guess I'd gotten spoiled by losing something every week. I kinda wonder if it's that "mind over matter" negative thinking thing. I have this anxiety about getting (and staying) below 200 and 180 (my other plateau for many years). I would really love to NOT be a TWOLander any longer...

When I think of sizes, I think of how I'd like to be a 14 again. Not the new bigger ones. :) The 14s from about 15 years ago. Then my next big deal would be to wear a size 12. Only because the 12 seemed so elusive when I couldn't seem to drop below 177 or 180. I would then be perfectly content wearing an 8, but would always covet a 6. :devil: Am I the only one who thinks of all this? :lol: So, ultimately I want to wear a 6 or 8 and get down to at least 140.

Satine
07-20-2009, 10:20 AM
Morning everyone

After several mos of being OP I finally had a true cheat weekend...do I feel good about it? no, but I think I needed it ....I certainly didnt weigh myself this morning though :D that will have to wait until Friday to let this all even out ...I feel so bloated...I had pizza twice and doughnuts ....ughhhh ....

Amany - I am with you on the 2nd goal too ...I want to get under 200 by end of August and then under 180 by Christmas ...I think that is really do-able....I know I got down to 188 a few years ago and I felt so good about myself ...sad how much time I have let go by and how much weight I have let back on ...but oh well...I am on a roll now!!!

Have a good day all.

Later,
Carri

Amany
07-24-2009, 08:09 PM
Working on weight loss and weighing myself sucks!! Okay, now that's off my chest....

I am still at 202. I won't "officially" weigh until Monday. I don't feel terrible about it, because I have noticed that my stomach is smaller than two weeks ago, my butt is getting smaller, my stamina is better than it has been in years. And.... I caught a sideview of myself the other day. I was actually able to see my clavicles and sternum. How great is that? Plus, I'm jogging!

I guess I'm just "dancing around" 200 right now. I was around 199 - 204 for a very long time. So, I guess it's a setpoint. I'll be glad when I'm passed it though!

Okay, rant over. I hope everyone is doing well. ttyl

Satine
07-27-2009, 10:29 AM
Morning All ...well just 5 days until I leave for CA ...I didnt meet my 30 pd goal but got to 23 and I think that is pretty good.

Amany - I will be dancing around the 200 mark for a couple of weeks since I will be gaining at least 2-3 on vacation ...not dieting on vacation...that is my one free week :D

How are the rest of you? Would love to hear from ya :hug:

Carri

Satine
07-31-2009, 10:18 AM
Well all, I leave for CA tomorrow morning and wont be back until next weekend...I know I will gain some pounds while there but I am also excited to come back and get right back on program and get another chunk off....hope you all have a good weekend and week ahead.
Later,
Carri

Satine
08-13-2009, 10:11 AM
Well all I had a great time in CA...it was alot hotter than I am used to but still had a great time...I feel like I have gained about 5 pds but am not going to weigh for a while...still not back fully on track but know I will get that way real soon.

How are the rest of you doing? C'mon we gotta get this Onederland train moving !!! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

Later,
Carri

Arabella
10-05-2009, 07:53 AM
Somehow, I let myself stop weighing in over the summer. Guess what? I gained weight. Duh. I think my low point was 205 (pretty close!) and when I weighed in in September ... there I was, back to 216. I've had bump-ups since then but am at 217 today. I am SO going to be in Onederland for Christmas!

I've started weighing in every day and posted a weekly WI thread that I'll keep posting to. My exercise is always good -- maybe 4 days out of the year I don't exercise. Food, now -- that's been my issue. What I'm doing now is eating only while I'm sitting at the table, not allowing myself to sit on the couch and eat or read at the table. Making eating just about eating, not about entertainment.

Anyone else around? How goes the battle?

Arabella
10-10-2009, 11:18 AM
217. 11 weeks, 17.1 pounds to Onederland.

So, that's good. Four down. A bigger loss than might be expected but that's because of a bump-up prior to first WI. Looking for at least 2 pounds next week.

Anyone else on this train?

Satine
10-12-2009, 10:12 AM
Hi Everyone

Arabella - I would love to get back on this train ...I like you have really slipped up and am back up to 220 ...it really sucks...I basically havent been back on fully since I got back from vacation the first week of August...I am also dealing with some dental issues that make me have an "I dont care" kind of attitude right now.

Great job on your loss....you have inspired me and I am going to do alot better this week...hopefully down 1-2 by this time next week.

Carri

Arabella
10-13-2009, 06:07 AM
Hey, Carri! Nice to see you!

Can I ask -- did you weigh yourself over the summer? I feel like that's my worst mistake ever -- quitting weighing myself -- and I always say I won't do it again.

I think one time I did that before and I'd gained SIXTY pounds without allowing myself to realize it. Can you say "denial?"

Yeah, let's face this head on and get sexy for the festive season!

Satine
10-13-2009, 10:17 AM
No, I didnt weigh myself at all for about two months or more and that is probably where I went wrong...I might have stopped if I had seen how fast it was coming back on ....

I agree with you, lets do this now !!!

Arabella
10-15-2009, 05:18 AM
Oh same here, Carri. I just "forget" from time to time. I don't realize how overweight I am until I go to try on clothes or something cruel like that. Man, I hate being up close and personal with myself in front of those mirrors. Then it's all, "Oh yeaaaaaaah... I really am fat."

Enough! I haven't had the greatest of weeks -- I'm sick and that always makes everything harder. Nevertheless, going to weigh in tomorrow and hope for the best.

Let's make this a good one!

Satine
10-15-2009, 10:13 AM
Well we decided to start a small work challenge here for weightloss...no big money involved just that the winner gets lunch out on everyone...starting Monday...I dont like starting on Mondays so I will probably do it on Saturday....wish me luck :carrot:

Arabella
10-16-2009, 08:06 AM
This is just nasty -- 222. Thanksgiving + sick all week (why can't I be one of those people who lose their appetite instead of someone who loses their willpower when I'm sick?).

All right. I came in and 'fessed up. Now to get back to regularly scheduled programming.

Good luck with WI, Carri! Hope it's better than mine.

Satine
10-16-2009, 10:12 AM
I know Arabella, I feel pretty nasty about myself too, but in the big scheme of things I know that my 20 pds over or your 22 pds over 200 is not that horrible...we could still get into Onederland pretty easily if we just get focused....I am willing and I know you are ...here is too a great loss by next Friday :hug:

Arabella
10-17-2009, 08:12 AM
'Tis true, focus will get us there. I had a good day yesterday -- I'm starting to recover from my flu, so that'll make it easier. We can, absolutely CAN get to Onederland in December. Let's do it! :cb: :cb:

Satine
10-19-2009, 10:20 AM
well it was worse than I thought ....224 actually this morning...so I guess that is where I am starting from today ....:( and like you said Arabella it is just nasty ....but oh well, moving forward ....today is a new day !!!

Arabella
10-19-2009, 11:24 AM
Hi Satine!

In the grand scheme of things, a couple of pounds isn't going to make a big difference in how long it takes us to reach our goals. I'm leaving for the UK next Tuesday, though, and I have to get my head straight that it's not going to be a diet vacation. Nuh-uh. Once I have that straight, it's not usually that hard. And being with DH 24/7 will help too. I always do my worst damage when I'm alone. :s:

Three good days down now. :cb: :cb: :cb:

Let's git 'er done! ;)

Satine
10-20-2009, 10:17 AM
oh me too, I can really do some eating when I am alone, haha ...well I made it through the first full day without having anything I shouldnt :carrot: stayed within my calories...so I feel good about that but realize it is only one day ....but looking forward to many more OP days!!!

A vacation to the UK? that sounds like alot of fun ...

Arabella
10-20-2009, 02:27 PM
Every day makes the next one easier! I know when I'm off-plan, on a streak of doing my fancy eating in the afternoons, I wake up feeling like **** in the mornings. Ugh! If only I could remember that at the same time as I remember there's pie and ice cream in the freezer...

But doing well now and intending to keep doing well. I'm loosely following the flat belly diet and it seems to help keep things in control.

If we keep on going we'll get there -- so let's keep on going!

Seen auntie_g around? Wonder how she's doing?

Satine
10-21-2009, 10:13 AM
well today is the third day, I would say I was about 200 cals over last night where I wanted to be, but not horrible....try to get it back down next week, start at higher this week to get my body used to it.

Yeah I hear from Auntie G on facebook alot, we dont talk diet usually, who knows she might show back up on here

still having trouble with my teeth, had my bite adjusted twice now, last time yesterday so hoping that will help..they have been sore for about a month now, ever since I got a crown that made my bite off....ah such is life I guess...

have a good day Arabella!!

Arabella
10-24-2009, 08:02 AM
Say hi to Auntieg for me and tell her I miss her!

Still sick here, still haven't lost. I feel like I'm retaining water so at some point I'm hoping to have a good loss. I've actually done pretty well since I hit the low point on my ticker, definitely don't deserve 4 pounds up. :no:

We're leaving for Ireland and England Tuesday evening -- that'll be two weeks away from the scale. Somehow I've gotten to the point where it's just barely possible that I could be in Onederland by the end of the year.

Ouch! Sorry about your tooth trouble -- hope last adjustment fixed it!

K, let's get out there and do our best!

xo
Arabella

auntie g
01-09-2010, 06:17 PM
Hey, girls! Any hope of getting going here again???

Arabella
01-10-2010, 08:15 AM
Oh Auntie_g! :hug:

YEAAAAAAAAAH -- Let's KICK IT!

Will be back in with report & etc. later.

auntie g
01-10-2010, 12:32 PM
OK, I updated my numbers for the new year, and I am officially back on the train. As you may recall, last year went totally astray for me, what with all the death and destruction in my family. But I keep telling myself that it's a new year, clean slate, all that kind of happy hoo-ha, so here we go.

I started back on the wagon on the 4th, and I've been pretty solid. I'm actually in the midst of a health scare right now, but I'm not going to let it derail me! I can't really do any serious exercise until I know what's what, and it's been too brutally cold to even go out walking this week, but I can eat right!

Sooooooo, how are you doing???

I'm glad you're still here, Arabella! And if Carri doesn't show up soon, I'll go fetch her on Facebook!

Arabella
01-13-2010, 07:11 AM
And no stops. I just read through this thread and saw myself gaining in fast-forward. Gah. How those little bump-ups add up.

Despite all, I'd gotten down to about 205 in June/July and then was up to 217 in September. I saw I was 222 end of October and 226.8 after Christmas. Gee whiz. I always swear I won't stop weighing myself and then... I do.

Time to look after myself. And I've started the new year off well. I've got a new work space so I'm out of the house. The afternoons home alone have been my downfall the last 10 years. I'm exercising lots, having some fun and eating properly. And I will continue!

Auntie_g, you really did have a terrible year. :hug: Hope the health scare turns out to be nothing more than a scare.

These are the times when it's MOST important to look after ourselves. :yes: Let's treat ourselves with the tender loving care we need and deserve.

Believe it or not, I've got my two final holiday parties tonight. Have planned for them and will do what I say. Friday is WI...

Satine
01-13-2010, 10:13 AM
Hi Girls ! I am here with ya :) I have gone on and updated my stats, sadly I am back up to 230 and it sucks to be that far away from 199 but I guess that is what it is and I have to deal and go on. I have been back on pretty strictly for about a week now and did lose 4 pds since...so I am excited about that just know I have a long journey ahead of me....the holidays really did a number on me, as they normally do.

Auntie G - thinking of you and hoping the health scare turns out to be nothing...you need some good luck your way for 2010 :hug:

Arabella - we can all three do this, I know it ...glad to see we are all back on board.

Since I went back on I have been dealing with the dreaded "diet headaches" and that has been really depressing me about the whole thing but I know in a couple of weeks my body and stomach will adjust and I will feel good...just hate going through this beginning period.

Talk to you later
Carri

Arabella
01-14-2010, 05:18 AM
I've had a good week. I did have 3 tiny treats yesterday at the neighbourhood ladies' holiday tea. Would have been under 200 calories, though and I'd planned for it.

Yesterday I wore two different outfits that I couldn't wear last week because I was too bulgy. Hope that translates to :devil: scale tomorrow.

Carri, YAY! You're back! Yes, yes, yes, we can and will. You lose pretty quickly once you get going (oh, that "getting going" is hard sometimes).

You get headaches when you start a diet? Do you think it's a detox effect? Make sure to get enough water.

Auntie_g :goodvibes: Sending you good energy for your health situation.

All right Women, let's take this day and do our level best with it!

auntie g
01-14-2010, 07:49 AM
Yay! Here we are! OK, so I've really changed things up this time around. Every time I've tried this in the past, I used the Weight Watchers system and wrote everything down. While that does work, I always end up thinking that I can't do it forever. The notebooks upon notebooks of now undecipherable food abbreviations have taunted me long enough! This time I've decided to just be sensible. Imagine that! Funny how I never even considered that before. I'm just buying healthier foods, and eating them in (mostly) ONE PORTION servings. Who'd'a thunk it?

Aside from my mystery health condition (which even I'm not sure what exactly it is), I'm already feeling better from eating better. I can't wait to be able to do some walking! We're going to be starting a little "heatwave" here today - going up into the 40s - woo hoo! Hopefully I'll be able to get out there.

Carri, I'm wondering about those headaches, too. Definitely getting enough water is important. Are you cutting out something with caffeine? Seems like some kind of withdrawal symptom. Either way, you'll be better soon, so keep on truckin'!

Arabella, thanks for the good energy - I sure need it! Congrats on surviving the party, and on getting into the outfits! And good luck with your WI tomorrow! I've been weighing every day, but haven't picked an "official" day yet, maybe I'll join you on Fridays.

OK, let's get this party started! Have a great day, girls!

Satine
01-14-2010, 09:15 AM
Morning....well so far this morning I am feeling a little better but the day is still young, haha ....gotta think positive.

Arabella - yeah I always get headaches when I first start back on, usually on and off for a week or so...I think you are right about the water, because I keep reading that most diet related headaches is because you are not drinking enough water...so I am really pushing the water today....I think mainly it is that my body is in shock and wants the fat and the caffiene soda that it is used to, so it rebels and makes me feel bad :o(

Auntie G - Funny that you should say that because I too have books upon books of what I ate everyday and how many calories I had....and I dont plan on doing that this time - and I gotta tell ya it is kind of freeing ... I too am just eating sensibly - and I also watch my carbs because of the diabetes...glad you are starting to feel better with eating right, hey ya never know maybe that is the cure all :o)

Well I had a small victory today, there is this purple and black blouse that I wear to work and it always is so tight that when I sit the buttons pop and get pulled, so today when I put it on ( 4 pds lighter ), it wasnt as tight, still tight, but not as much ....made me feel good....I'll take what I can get right now.

So glad tomorrow is Friday since I have a three day weekend with MLK day on Monday. I need it after the week I have had.

Well talk to you girls later, have a good day.

Carri

Arabella
01-15-2010, 11:57 AM
I'm thinking the Tabata training has something to do with it not being more. I always seem to lose more slowly when I start any new intense exercise. I think my muscles hold water for a while. Aaaanyway, my pants are looser in the waist and I've been able to wear a couple of outfits that weren't wearable last week. Huzzah!

Auntie_g, yay for above freezing temps! We're hovering near the freezing mark today and it's a nice little break. Usually January and February are brutal here.

Carri, I bet it's caffeine withdrawal. If I were you, I'd just cut back to one caffeine soda a day for a while before I quit altogether. I mean, why suffer more than nec.?

K, Dollinks, I'm at work so I suppose I should get something done. Have a fabulous (healthy) weekend!

auntie g
01-16-2010, 09:50 PM
2.5 down, I'll take it! So much for feeling better, though... It was warm (made it up to 50º today!) and sunny, but I felt too icky to get a serious walk. I did walk my dog and my parents' dog, but there's not a lot of cardio involved in either of those girls' walks. Hopefully tomorrow will be better!

Carri, any progress on fitting into something purple is good! :D Hang in there! Are your headaches dissipating yet?

Arabella, I'm going to have to look up Tabata training- I've never heard of it. But it does make sense about holding water when you throw something new into the mix. Your body's probably wondering what the heck is going on! Congrats on the looser pants!

:yawn: I think I need to wrap up and get to bed. Let's have a great Sunday!!

Arabella
01-17-2010, 11:34 AM
I'm a big fan. Sunny and cold here. We went for a long walk, then I did Tabata and some yoga on return. :cp: :cp:

Planning to have a good week. That sounds kind-of funny, like I wasn't planning to last week. :dz: But I feel a bit more organized all the time, getting it a bit more together, getting the plan down more solidly. I'm going to make a big rice/splitpea/veggie salad to take for lunches. I might even pack it into containers and then I'll just have to pop one into my pack.

Auntie_g, sorry you're not feeling well. I hate it when the weather's nice and I feel like I can't enjoy it. Bah! Ickiness BEGONE :wizard:

I'm so happy that we're all doing this again. And we ARE doing it. :yes: Let's make it a good one!

auntie g
01-17-2010, 12:17 PM
Yeah! I'm glad we're doing this, too! So, I feel a little better today, but now the weather has turned on me again. It's cold and raining- even my doggie doesn't want to go out. Blecccch! But I'm cleaning the house, so that's at least some movement, and it certainly needs to get done.

Since my beloved team has bitten the big one once again, I've lost my excuse to lie on the couch and watch football now. Carri, I know your Colts are still in there, so be careful! ;)

Arabella, I just got far enough into my search to see that Tabata's got to do with intervals, but the article said that the principles can be applied to any activity. What are you doing?

OK, back to work, before I lose my oomph! Happy Sunday!

Arabella
01-17-2010, 06:38 PM
Cleaning, I mean. And my place sure needs it. I keep it pretty much picked-up and somewhat decluttered but it doesn't get the deep clean it really needs. Picking away at that stuff and thinking I may have my spring cleaning done by the end of the winter. And wouldn't that be sweet. :D:

Auntie_g, I'm mixing it up so far, doing things like jumping jacks, ropeless skipping, high-knees running in place, sit-ups, step-ups onto a chair. Man, I tell you, by the time I get through the four minutes I am gasping. It's great! :dz: Well, I do expect a pay-off.

Have had a good day today foodwise and exercise-wise both.

Yesterday I caught "Under the Tuscan Sun" a bit after it started and watched it betwixt and between chores. A chick flick for sure but, well, romantic and escapist. Yay for both!

Think I'm going to wind down here and have an early night :yawn: Fresh start Monday coming up!

Satine
01-19-2010, 09:54 AM
Morning Girls ....I weighed on Sunday and am down 6 pds !! I am very excited about that ....and makes me feel like all the initial suffering was worth it.

Auntie G - Yes , yay !!!!!! My Colts are still in ....that just makes me all the more nervous for this weekends game, knowing that we are only one game away from the Superbowl ....but I think we can take the Jets ....here's hoping !!! And praying !!!
Also the headaches seemed to stop about last Thursday, so took about 4 days to stop, I still have times on and off that I dont feel 100% but I know my body is adjusting and I am just being patient, cause I do feel alot better.

Arabella - I have never heard of Tabata...I have started doing my dvd's downstairs...hate that it is too cold to get out and walk but Jan - March in IN is no time to be outside....but they said it might get up to high 40's this weekend so that would be do-able. I hope you do have a good week on plan.

The three day weekend spoiled me, so hard to be at work today....wanna be at home on the couch with my pjs ...especially since it is dark and rainy out today.

Well hope you girls have a good OP day.....talk to you later.

Carri

Arabella
01-20-2010, 04:31 AM
Keepin' on keepin' on here. I overdid it on Sunday between exercise and cleaning and then was really tired Monday and Tuesday. I always feel like I should be able to do anything I'm physically capable of without having it wipe me out for days but experience tells me otherwise. :dz: I should know better because when I let myself get exhausted I so often get sick. Not this time, though.

Carri, SIX pounds down! :woohoo: You kids and your super-speedy weight loss. You'll be back down again in no time!

Auntie_g, how did I miss your 2.5 down? That's excellent! Hope you're feeling better!

So, hey! We all had a loss first week in. My losses tend to be small but I'm wondering if something drastic might not shift that. I'm thinking possibly eating less might do it? :rolleyes: So crazy it might just work.

Let's get out there and make this a good one!

Satine
01-20-2010, 10:24 AM
Oh Arabella, you just made my day by calling me a kid, haha :) I suppose when I am older I will look back and think 36 was quite young ...
Have you ever tried to jump start your weightloss by cutting down on carbs? I dont eat alot of carbs ( 80-100 ) a day and I really do think that it helps me...I stay away from sugar, pasta, potatoes, rice, etc ...mainly for the diabetes but I think everyone could benefit from not eating that kind of stuff.

Auntie - congrats on your loss :carrot: We are all on our way !!! This time we are all going in the right direction , well until Thanksgiving, haha:D

Had a pretty good day yesterday, first day back to work after a three day weekend so I was tired and grumpy but besides that I did good on the food...ate about 1750 calories, but wanted to be under or around 1700 so a little over...but will do better today...like to gradually take my calories down for a few weeks until I get to about 1450-1500 ...I move down once I stop losing on the particular number I am on ...

Well you both have a great day !!

Later,
Carri

Arabella
01-20-2010, 11:33 AM
Ah, Young One, 'tis all perspective. As a 54-year old, 36 does seem pretty young to me. And then I remember my MIL, late 80s at the time, telling DH when he turned 55 that he was in the prime of life.

So I guess the thing to do is to consider it our prime wherever we are. MIL, BTW, always said that the years after her retirement (and, not coincidentally, widowhood) were the best years of her life. And she lived to be 91 so that's a good, long stretch to devote yourself to doing what you want to do. ;)

auntie g
01-20-2010, 09:35 PM
Howdy, girls! This week is making me crazy so far. I felt great for 2 days, then back to serious ickiness yesterday and today. I think that something I'm eating is not agreeing with me, but I haven't been able to figure out what it is yet. It's screwing me up, but I won't let it beat me!

Arabella, I hope you're recovering from overdoing it! Good idea to remember what your MIL said. I'm in between the two of you, (you and Carri, that is...) and although I'm feeling pretty lousy at the moment, I know this is the youngest I'll ever be, so I might as well appreciate it, right? That made sense in my head, anyway...

Carri, woo hoo for 6 lbs gone! And I'll root for the Colts with ya. Without the Eagles, I need a reason to watch. As for staying on track until Thanksgiving, I think that if we manage to do that, we DESERVE to go bonkers for one day! Yeah, let's make that the plan!

Off to harvest some fake crops on Facebook so I can get to bed. :dizzy: Have a great Thursday!

Satine
01-21-2010, 10:16 AM
Morning ...well as they say I guess age is just a number ...I know I need to appreciate being in my 30's and try to get the weight off now when it will come off easier. My Mom is 54 and has lost about 40 pds in the last year or so...she looks great...she was diagnosed with fatty liver and had to get the weight off...now if only my Dad would follow her...he had diabetes and needs to lose as well.

I had an okay day yesterday...did good with food but wasnt feeling particularly great...oh well, forging on ...

See ya .

Carri

Arabella
01-22-2010, 11:04 AM
Weight! :mad: Today's my official WI day and I'm UP. I know it's not real because I've had a good week but I'm still peeved. Anyhow, I won't use it as an excuse to overeat today. I'm having a really good, productive day so far. I've actually got the day off because I worked Monday. Looking at getting through all the other chores I intend to do right after lunch and then just enjoying myself for the rest of the day.

Auntie_g, I am recovering, thank you. It makes me feel quite pathetic to have to recover from a busy day but there you have it. I just went to bed early every night this week because I was so tired but at least I didn't get sick, which so often happens. How are you feeling?

Carri, you're so right about the carbs -- I'm sure you could have just about cut and pasted what you said from a number of posts I've made in the past. So hard to make myself get started on it but once I do I feel good and the weight comes off. AND (I remind myself), I don't really miss the carbs. Even though I love them with all my heart. :love:

Anyway. I'm going to start something South Beach-y come Monday.:yes: And next Friday I WILL have a good loss.

K, DH will be home for lunch any sec. (So glad I'm not fixing lunch every freakin' day any more. :rolleyes:

Have a fantastic OP weekend!

auntie g
01-22-2010, 03:58 PM
Oh, Arabella... our bodies just do not always do what they ought to, do they?! I've also been having a good week (food-wise, anyway), but I'm not feeling very hopeful for tomorrow's WI. My gut doesn't seem to be working properly, and I feel, for lack of a better word, crappy.

I don't know how well I'd do cutting out carbs, but that's something I've never tried - maybe I should. I think I'll cook some chicken tonight and see how a grain-free dinner goes...

Have a good night, and I'll check in after tomorrow's WI!

auntie g
01-23-2010, 07:19 AM
:carrot::carrot: I cannot even believe it - 3 lbs down today! :dancer: I had chicken and broccoli last night - no pasta or potatoes- and now I'm not feeling bloated like I have been. Hmmmm, maybe there is something to that low carb thing. But alas, I did have my beloved bran flakes for breakfast this morning, so we'll see what happens...

I'm going to try to get some walking in today. That's the best I can do for now. I hope you girls have a wonderful, healthy weekend!!

Arabella
01-24-2010, 08:19 AM
Auntie_g, look at you go! :woohoo: That is excellent action.

I figured out my gain -- I'd savagely oversalted a batch of veggie chili and had it for dinner Thursday night. I was reminded when I had it for lunch again on Friday. Seriously, it was almost inedible but so spicy that you could (almost) ignore the salt. (And yet, yes, I ate it the second time. It was... convenient.)

NSV on Friday -- I treated myself to a wacky whack of nail polish colours inst. of a food-type treat. Liking this substitution idea. I've never used any of the wild new blues and etc. but got some. My toes are hot pink right now and I'll probably just touch them up again for now but... next time? Who knows! :hyper: (Yes, I do need to get out more -- too bad I can't wear sandals. ;) )

Have a glorious Sunday, Goilies.

Satine
01-25-2010, 10:52 AM
Morning. I had an okay weekend, I did have pizza yesterday for the COlts play off game but didnt have too much so I should be good, still feel bloated from it today though

Auntie G - I am telling ya I feel so much better when I am not having alot of carbs...and here is what I try to do ( which might work better for you too )...I have most of my carbs for breakfast and lunch ( like cereal and wheat bread ) and then not have any at dinner ...seems to make the weight slide off ...try it for a while...and congrats on the 3 pds down !!!!

Arabella - high salt items always gets me...so that is probably what it was...also I am a nail polish fiend, haha ...I have like 40 bottles and still buy more ....I have a problem with it ....haha

Well girls here is to a great week !!!

Carri

auntie g
01-25-2010, 11:09 AM
:rain: Yuck! What a day we're having here! Pouring rain and high winds. I just want to go back to bed! Alas, it's not to be... Cooking some chicken and veggie soup, and must get to the cleaning that never ends for my "day off" - ha!

Arabella, yes, the salt, oh the salt... Thanks for the reminder before it's too late for my soup!

Carri, yeah, I'm thinking I could cooperate with your carb plan. There's no way I'm giving up my cereal, but most days it would be easy to cut out carbs at dinner. Now, that means bread, pasta, potatoes kinds of carbs, but not healthy icky veggies, right? LOL, guess I still have to eat them. Now you've got to behave up til the Super Bowl, but you'll get a pizza pass for that day!

Back to the drudgery. Have a great day!

Satine
01-25-2010, 11:14 AM
right, at dinner you would have some meat and a veggie, or sometimes I have a meat and a side salad ....I think you can do it, and I think you will see results ...

You are having rain, we are having lots of snow and cold ...brrrr

Arabella
01-26-2010, 05:33 AM
And the weight has started to subside. I'm doing the South Beach intro -- there are some great-looking recipes in the South Beach threads.

Two weeks into the Tabata training, I swear I can see a difference in my body. I'm firmer, tummy flatter and my curves are more refined. :carrot: :carrot:

Carri, thanks for the lo-carb push. I needed it! Your plan sounds very doable. I'll be happy to get to the point where I can take a sandwich for lunch. So much easier! Yeah, nail polish... better than donuts, huh.

Auntie_g, we've got your wind and rain today. kind-of like it -- it's unusual here in the winter. But I'm hoping it's not raining too hard for me to walk to the office later.

auntie g
01-29-2010, 10:31 PM
Helloooooo? Did you weigh in today, Arabella? If so, I hope it went well!

How's the weather out there, Carri? It's dry here now, but we got an arctic blast and today was unbearably cold. :brr:

So, one of my health crises is almost over- I have an ovarian cyst which they thought may have been worse than just a cyst. It's very likely now that that's all it is. But there's been another nagging issue that's not been quite figured out yet, but it's beginning to look like a gallbladder problem. I'd been in pain for months, and lo and behold, it started improving since I've been back to healthy eating! Well, tonight DH whined for pizza for dinner, since we haven't had it in a looooong time, and now I'm in a lot of pain again. I knew we should have had something healthy! Sigh... And on the night before WI, too. Brilliant. :dunno: Well, I'll face up to the scale in the morning, and hopefully have learned a useful lesson!

I hope you girls are doing well!

Arabella
01-30-2010, 07:25 AM
:wave: Auntie_g! Yuppir, weighed in yesterday down two pounds from the week before. I was three pounds down mid-week and am thinking I might start recording low weight of the week, whatever day that happens. I think it might help keep me motivated after I get a loss. Some weird mental thing seems to be kicking in and messing me up. :dz:

:snowglo: Well, it looks like Christmas out there. We had a big snow storm yesterday after making it through January storm-free. It IS very pretty. And winter really can't last forever now... right?

So glad to hear your health news! The other thing does sound like a gall bladder problem. Guess you'll get that checked out? My SIL had gall bladder problems for a year while her doctor swore that wasn't what it was and she developed some very serious issues because it was untreated so long.

:wave: Carri, how you doin'? I took a day off the SB yesterday and saw an immediate gain of 2.5 overnight. Didn't overeat or anything but had bread, probably too much salt and then a late dinner. Totally not worth it, I'm thinking. I hate seeing that number go up. :(

Part of the issue was that I didn't really have stuff onhand that I could grab when I was hungry. So. I've got chickpeas cooking for hummus and roasted chickpeas. I've got a cauliflower in the fridge to make "rice" for a dinner side-dish. I shall prevail! :yes:

auntie g
02-01-2010, 09:53 AM
Happy Monday! (???)

Well, I didn't have a loss at Saturday's WI, but I didn't have a gain, either, so that will have to do. I'm actually glad that I had that scale-foiling pizza Friday night, because that's what helped me unofficially confirm that my ongoing problem is gallbladder related. I'm going for an ultrasound on Thursday, so hopefully they'll figure something out then, but for now, my brain feels better with it not being such a mystery anymore.

And so, healthy eating is the best I can do! Hmmm, good idea, huh?

I bought the Dr Oz "YOU on a Diet" book, and so far, it seems that most of the junk in my kitchen that I THOUGHT was semi-healthy should be in the trash. "Healthy" cereals and granola bars- snacky type stuff are my culprits. Sigh... I guess I'm going to have to learn to eat real food.

So... what's new with you two today???

Satine
02-01-2010, 10:20 AM
Morning...I did okay last week, did have a couple of week moments over the weekend, went to a party on Saturday night, but when I weighed this morning I was only up 0.6 pds so I will take that.

Auntie G - I agreet that does sound like gallbladder, my Mom had the same issue a few years ago and had to have hers out ...it was a fast recovery for her and she felt so much better.

it is funny to me how much stuff we get that we think is healthy and it isnt, for instance I like to get those 100 calorie granola bars but they have hydronated oil and sugar syrups and all that in them....I guess it is best to stay away from processed foods but it is just so difficult and time consuming.

The weather is still pretty cold out here, high 20's to low 30's, still have snow covering the ground and a chance for more...but that is IN winter for ya.

Arabella - I know how you feel, my worst moments are when I dont just have something to grab and eat...you make your own hummus ? I love hummus....I bet it is pretty easy to make...I like the flavored ones...garlic, red pepper

Well girls lets all have a good week and stop letting this weight issue get the best of us, we are stronger than that...we cant let the food win !!!!:carrot:

Talk to you later
Carri

Arabella
02-02-2010, 08:45 AM
I've backed off a bit on the SB -- too restrictive, especially if you don't eat a lot of meat. I think if I had the time to plan more fully and then stock the house with SB-friendly products, it would work but I just don't!

So I'm going to a more moderate plan, just keeping low-ish carb and focusing on things with a low glycemic load. Oat bran cereal with blueberries and almond milk this morning. Was v. ready for a change from eggs. :p

Carri, you should be basking in all that warmth -- it's -19 celsius here, windchill of -33 (-2 and -22 fahrenheit). We usually have weather like this or colder for two or three weeks of the winter. Nice and sunny, though. :sunny:

Auntie_g, I've got that book too. Healthy eating isn't usually my problem -- wish it was! Then I could just switch that around and see results. No, somehow I manage to keep the weight on just fine eating hay and straw. My doctor did point out to me one time that cows manage to stay bovine on that diet. :dz:

I've seen people start losing a ton of weight just by stopping drinking soda. :rolleyes:

All right, wimmins, let's get out there and make this a good one! :wave:

Satine
02-03-2010, 10:16 AM
Morning ...how are you guys doing ?

I have been doing well...havent been super strict over the last few days like I should be but not going crazy...trying to get back into the rhythym I guess.

My dh made his famous chili last night ....that stuff really cleans ya out :D
So I should be good for at least a couple pounds down by Friday, haha

We are supposed to get about 4-6 inches of snow this weekend , hopefully we do I would like to be stuck in just for the weekend and relax, catch up on my reading, and just do nothing in my pjs :)

Talk to you guys later,
Carri

auntie g
02-04-2010, 07:49 PM
Almost Friday and the snow's on its way! :o

I've behaved myself this week so far, and it sure does make a difference in how I feel. Went grocery shopping tonight instead of my usual Friday night fun because of the snow that's supposed to be here by then. I bought steel cut oatmeal for the first time ever - now what do I do with it??? Do either of you eat it? Now that I've read the container, I'm thinking it'll be a big pain in the but since it takes so long to cook. I'm wondering if it can be made up ahead of time and reheated later.

Carri, good luck with that dangerous double whammy of snow and the Super Bowl this weekend! I guess most of us will be watching the game, but it's just not party-worthy here, so I'm not worried about eating bad. So sad... The snow, on the other hand, does bring some temptations, but maybe I'll go out and make a snowman instead of staying in and making hot chocolate!

Arabella, I agree about the SB problem- I don't eat much meat either, much to DH's dismay. I will use meat occasionally, but certainly not every day! And thanks for the cow image! LOL! I guess there's a fine reason that living on cereal and pasta hasn't really worked out for me... So did your doc give you any good suggestions for replacing the hay and straw? Low-ish carb and low glycemic sounds reasonable, but what do you actually get to eat?

Well, stay warm, both of you! And have a healthy Friday!

Arabella
02-05-2010, 08:13 AM
Yeah, freezing cold here!

Carri, hope your WI is excellent. I only got .2 off this week but had a really good week so I expect to see more next week. C'est la vie.

Auntie_g, absolutely -- I used to make a big pot of it and then just nuke a bowl every morning. I'd put cinnamon in it, maybe some grated apple. It's good on a cold morning!

I think my doctors point was that you could get fat eating anything if you eat enough of it. :moo: This was after I told him about what foods I eat. Ah well.

If you look in the South Beach thread, there are lots of yummy-looking recipes.

Have a great weekend!

Satine
02-05-2010, 10:14 AM
Morning Girls ...well this afternoon the snow and wind is supposed to start...4-8 inches by tomorrow and then and additional amount in the next couple of days...should be fun ( and cold !! ) ....didnt weigh myself this morning due to TOM, didnt wanna depress myself and besides why bother I am going to pig out on Superbowl Sunday anyhow :D

GO COLTS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheer3::cheer3::cheer3:

I dont know anything about steel cut oats, I hear about them all of the time on these boards and the WW boards but dont know much about them...I am with you though Auntie G I think it sounds like alot of trouble and I need quick for the mornings.

Arabella - Here is to a great loss next week ( for all of us ), hey at least you didnt gain.

Well you guys have a great weekend and stay warm !!!

Carri

SecondGlance
02-05-2010, 03:44 PM
Hi

Would it be okay if I hopped aboard? I have quite a ways to go till I get close to tasting ONEderland, but it is definitely going to be a goal met! I'm a restarter, joined 3FC in 06' and lost 57lbs. hit a stall, got frustrated, didn't know what to do or eat anymore to get it moving. Got to the point I stopped tracking what I ate, then lost all control and now sit here within 20lbs of gaining it all back. Started rethinking things, got my mind back in game and decided to start anew. I've been two days back on target and was rewarded with a 4lb. loss already! How's that for a motivator?! hehe

Anyways, would love to join as we each trek down the trail to ONEderland!

auntie g
02-05-2010, 04:17 PM
Hi Second! Welcome aboard!

Arabella, hey, .2 down is better than any up! I'm gonna make the steel cut oats in the crockpot tonight (I read that that'll work - I hope so!) I'll report back in the morning!

Carri, don't pig out for the game!!! Aaaaaaggghhhh! Don't do it! Cheat a little, for sure, I know I would, but don't go too crazy!

This is not my "turn" on the computer- I'm just sneaking in on DH's time for a minute, so gotta run. Have a great night, all!

auntie g
02-06-2010, 08:54 AM
:shocksn::shocksn::shocksn: Oh boy, the snow's getting deep!

I'm down 1.5 this morning - hurray for any loss! I had to "scientifically" confirm my gallbladder problem again by eating pizza last night. Again. What is wrong with me? :crazy: That's it, though, no more testing! The pain is not worth it!

So, the crockpot oats were delicious this morning! DH even ate 2 bowls of 'em. But I think that the time saved by using the crockpot will be negated by the time it will take to clean the dang thing! LOL

How's everyone doing today???

Arabella
02-07-2010, 09:09 AM
My SIL's birthday party was last night and I ate things I wouldn't ordinarily eat. Dinner was an asparagus/chicken lasagna with a cheesy sauce and I had a small piece of cake and with a scoop of Haagen-Dazs. Also had a few multigrain nacho chips with hummus and one small savoury pastry. Plus beaucoup de vin. and some chocolate dipped strawberries. Oh... two tiny slices of gourmet pizza.

Yikes. I think when I realized how far off-plan the main dish was the floodgates were opened.

So. That was that and is all over. Back on ye olde straight and narrow today. I've been feeling much more clear-headed and energetic which I think is probably the lower carbs.

SecondGlance :welcome:

Carri, the oats make a quick breakfast if you make a big pot and then just nuke portions. Oh and listen to your Auntie_g! She's got some good advice. Wish I'd listened last night! :dz:

Auntie_g, did you get all that snow? We've only had one good snowstorm. This week temps are supposed to be around the freezing mark, which will be nice. Almost half-way through Feb...

K, have a great Sunday and let's get ready for a good Fresh Start Monday.

auntie g
02-07-2010, 11:15 AM
Super Bowl Sunday! In honor of that, I shall eat a bowl of soup! :yes: DH has to go to bed early, to be at work at 3 am, so there will be no partying here tonight.

Carri, I know we've lost you for today, so just pick yourself up and dust yourself off in the morning. Maybe have some oatmeal for breakfast :D and get back on the train! And uh, go Colts!

Arabella, oh yeah, did we get snow! I don't know what the official measurement is, but yesterday I walked to the grocery store and it was nearly up to my knees. Today the sun is shining, the sky is blue, and it is a perfect picture taking day, but the snow has already compacted a bit and doesn't look as deep as it was. We're supposed to get another potential biggie around Tuesday. :o I'm really hoping that doesn't happen, as my dad's scheduled for open heart surgery on Thursday, and we don't need any more trouble! :crossed: So... your party food sounds like a tasty little sidetrack, but you're right- it's over now! Back on track today! :high:

OK, have a great day, all!

Satine
02-08-2010, 10:16 AM
Morning ....I am typing today with a heavy heart for sadness for my Colts...what a disappointing game...for all of us ...but I still love them and stand by them....maybe next year ...

and yes I did mostly pig out yesterday ...well the whole weekend so I will be working on getting back into gear all this week and cutting things back out...going to Applebees with a group of girls here at work for lunch, gonna probably just get soup and half sandwhich...so that might not be too bad.

Well here is to a good week !! Talk to you guys later.

Carri

auntie g
02-08-2010, 11:33 AM
Oh, Carri, that game was crazy! It was so good for a while (for those of us whose teams weren't in it!) with the back and forth scoring, but at least you can take comfort in the fact that your team made it as far as it did.

And now, back to better eating!

So, we're supposed to get another 12-18 inches of snow tomorrow into Wednesday. :o It's getting ridiculous! We never get hit like that, with 2 storms so close to each other. I guess the only bright side is all the exercise I'm getting by shoveling. :tired:

Have a good day, all!

SecondGlance
02-08-2010, 01:07 PM
Good Monday Morning!

AuntieG - I've always wanted to try Steel Cuts oats but after trying so many blan oatmeals that supposetly heathlier for you I have been kinda weary. I couldn't even get them down. But when I was visiting the States last summer I had an oatmeal in a restaurant (chosen from the Lighter Breakfasts on the menu) and it was delicious! It seemed to be plain but they gave you brown sugar and milk to mix in. I've wondered maybe if thats not close to steel cut oats. Any ideas? Congrats on your scale victory!

Arabella, that lasagna sounds really yummy. I'm always looking for new healthy ideas.

Thank you for the warm welcome! I've started being on target with my once again healthy lifestyle last wednesday. I managed to lose 1/2lb. over the weekend making a total of 5lbs. I discovered how to make icecream out of ONE ingredient this past weekend. Have you ever heard of it? It was frozen banana! My daughter and I sliced up a couple of bananas and froze them. After we put them in the food processor and after some poking and proding to get them to stay consistantly in the blades it turned into icecream! The consistancy of soft serve. I added some all natural peanut butter and my daughter just loved it! I'm so excited, there are so many variations you could add with the banana.

Thanks again for the welcome!
Hope you all have a great day!

auntie g
02-08-2010, 01:17 PM
Hi Second! Congrats on your loss! Now, about those steel cut oats- I don't think I would eat them plain, but I cooked them with raisins and then added some walnuts and sliced banana. Delicious! DH skipped the walnuts and added blueberries, and went back for more. Definitely worth a try!

Frozen banana in the blender sounds like a good idea! I'll have to give it a go when the weather's warmer. Right now all I want is warm stuff! Hmmm, better get to the store for soup ingredients now, before that next snowstorm hits...

Satine
02-09-2010, 10:15 AM
Good Morning All ....well we are getting hit with snow again ...dont know how I made it into work but hopefully they let us go home early ....who knows...
Auntie G - suppose you are getting hit harder than we are...we are supposed to get 6-8 inches....through the day and tonight ...supposed to be worse tomorrow wth the wind and blowing snow.

That banana ice cream thing does sound good...may have to try that...

Well better get back to work, just dropping in quickly to say Hi

Carri

SecondGlance
02-09-2010, 03:34 PM
Hi Ladies!

Yesterday I was good up until dinner time. And I knew exactly that dinner wasn't going to be all that of a "good choice" all day. So I prepared by keeping my calories low previous to it. It was my birthday yesterday, so my hubby took me out to the Keg Steakhouse. So yeah, I gave myself a 'no count zone' for half a day. I came home and drank almost a litre of water to try and flush out as much sodium as I could. The damaged equalled a 1/2lb. gain this morning. Considering... I'm pleased and releived. It maybe terrible thinking to give yourself that much leeway because it's your birthday, but I told myself this is something I have to do for the rest of my life. If I live and eat on target 99% of the time, I'm aloud a day here and there. This is a life long journey, not a race to get skinny.

Auntie_G - the oatmeal sounds really good that way. I'll have give it another try and add my own flare to it, within reason of course! Chocolate chips sound really good, kidding! LOL!

Carri - Boy, considering I live in northern part of Canada we're having a less than usual snow fall this year. We're no where near the amount you describe, but I totally emphasize with you. I hate the white fluff.. LOL!

Have a good day ladies. I'm totally back on track, calories are counted, exercise complete and water consumption is well under way. I hope tomorrow I'll be back to where I was!

auntie g
02-09-2010, 04:04 PM
Just a quickie- now we're supposed to be getting one to two feet of snow starting tonight through tomorrow night. Aaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggghhhhhhh!!! At least my work and miraculously, DH's work both decided today to be closed tomorrow. That's a first.

Carri, hope you make/made it home!

Second, Happy Birthday! Glad you got right back on the wagon!

Have a good night, all!

Arabella
02-11-2010, 06:50 AM
I've been struggling since the party on Saturday and feeling tired and bummed out. Always happens. Why does it seem like so much fun to go off plan? Don't I remember what it leads to? :SHRUG: Apparently not.

Anyhoo, today is a new day and I am going to look after myself properly. Trying to think, now, what I can do that will perk me up when I've got to work all day. I need some time off and if I've got the necessary done before the end of the month (hope springs eternal) I will take some.

Auntie_g, a snow day? :cloud9: Hope you had a nice one. I only get snow days (or parts of days) if we lose the power. Raisins, walnuts & sliced banana sound like a good idea for the oats.

SecondGlance, Happy Birthday! The lasagne wasn't exactly healthy, despite the asparagus and chicken -- white pasta and copious amounts of butter and cheese made up for that! It was not bad but I wouldn't bother making it.

Carri, you guys have really been getting pummelled this year. You must be getting our snow, too. (You're welcome.)

K, Lovelies, let's make this a good one.

Satine
02-11-2010, 10:13 AM
Morning All

Yeah I made it home okay on Tuesday evening but then got stuck in my driveway yesterday morning in a snow drift up to my hood ...so I just stayed home yesterday...after my husband and neighbor dug me out and my dh snow blowed the driveway it was nearly 10:30 by then I just decided to stay home and not get out in it ....still alot of it around and icey roads and of course freezing temps....but what are ya gonna do ...I love all seasons...well summer being my least favorite, I hate the hot humid 90's of July and Aug
haha

I havent been doing too well ....havent been going crazy but just not sticking to plan or counting calories....hope to get back on this weekend...

Kind of just depressed over this whole being stuck inside with all the snow and cold, makes me wanna eat !!!

Talk to you guys soon, have a great day !!

Carri

SecondGlance
02-11-2010, 08:34 PM
Hi all! Just quickly checking in. Thanks for the birthday wishes! I'm happy to report that I got rid of the 1/2lb and another a long with it!

Keep striving ladies!

auntie g
02-13-2010, 01:07 PM
Wow, I thought everyone was AWOL - I didn't get any notifications for the last 3 posts! Anyway, struggling or not, good to see we're still here!

I'm down another 2-1/2 lbs today, which is fine, but with all the shoveling I did, I feel like it should have been -10! We missed work Wednesday and Thursday, and spent the entire time shoveling and re-shoveling. Trying to knock 16 tons of snow off the top of 7 foot hedges was really fun, too! I thought I'd never be able to lift my arms again. :o I did eat a small amount of bad things during the snow, too, but overall I was pretty obedient to the plan. Whew!

Today may be another story. DH brought home some Valentine's Day roses, which is great, but he also brought a tin of my most favorite in the whole wide world Lindt Truffles. Oye! I keep telling myself to make them last, but I know me...

Arabella, I hope the new day has brought you back to your plan! It really is awful how one "bad" meal can send us into a long lasting spin. Try to climb back on board today!

Carri, I hope you're back on board, too! I know what you mean about being stuck inside in the snow. That's how it was for me years ago when we used to live in an apartment, but with this heaping helping of snow, there was so much to do outside, I was wishing to just get inside and relax! Oh, but I also found a fix for the munchie problem I tend to get. Normally, I want to grab a little something every stinking time I walk into the kitchen. When I was being bad, there were only disastrous choices. This time I bought some healthy cereals that have BIG pieces, put 'em in a canister, and that's what I grab when I feel like I have to grab something. The one I'm on now is a Kashi one. It's something like Island Vanilla (?) It's like mini-wheats. Anyway, they're only 7 calories each, and they take some chewing, so they're working for me!

Lucky for me DH doesn't like mac and cheese. That would have definitely been a snowstorm food.

Second, congrats on another loss! Keep it up!

Better get off my butt and do something! Have a good weekend, all!

Arabella
02-14-2010, 12:08 PM
Why do I always forget how miserable I am when I'm offplan? Splurges seem like so much fun while they're happening but then I get seriously bent out of shape. Wake up in the morning feeling like "oh no!"

But yesterday was a good day all-round, diet, exercise, water. And today will be too. Am planning to have dessert. I'm making chocolate pot de creme in little antique teacups, with whipped cream to resemble a cappuccino. They'll be adorable and rich but low-sugar (got dark, dark chocolate and sweetening with xylitol).

I've already gotten in an hour's walk and will walk a bit more later.

Ooops... time's gotten away from me. :wave: Let's get ready for a great start to an awesome week!

Arabella
02-20-2010, 07:18 AM
Holy Smokes! Nobody's been in all week? Where are you wimmins?

Sooooooo... Valentine's day didn't go entirely as planned but not too bad. Just a few potato chips, probably too much wine. The desserts were great and would work for South Beach, I think.

DH gave me a 4-piece box of Godiva which I wrapped carefully to save for a planned splurge some time. He said he didn't want to derail me but figured that if I just had a single piece from time to time...

:rolleyes: :lol: :rofl:

Yeah, that's not the way it works for me. I find three pieces will satisfy but less is a tease. I'll have the four sometime with a big coffee with Bailey's and it'll be a huge treat.

Anyway, I finally managed to get myself on track by starting a 21-Day challenge. Am on Day 4, thank the goddess!

How's everyone else doing?

auntie g
02-20-2010, 04:08 PM
I'm here! Another 1.5 lbs down today - inched into the two ohs. Of course, I did polish off those truffles on Valentine's Day, but I mostly behaved the rest of the week. Today I made a plateful of unhealthy choices at a funeral luncheon, but there really weren't any healthy choices available, and it WAS delicious. Back to reality now, I hope!

I "passed" another crazy gallbladder test this week, too- woo hoo! So, what they tell me is that my problem still can be gallbladder, but they can't find any hard evidence. My instructions are to eat right. LOL, I kind of like that. No surgery, and a potentially painful reminder to do what I already know I should be doing!

Arabella, I'm glad you're back on track! How's the 21 day challenge work?

Arabella
02-21-2010, 11:21 AM
Spring will be here before we know it (even if it's at least a couple months away here). Really time to start making progress. :yes:

Auntie_g, congrats on the nice, steady losses -- you're a star! That's great news about the gall bladder issue, too. :)

21-Day challenge is based on the idea that it takes 21 days to establish a habit. So you make a pledge to follow a plan of some sort -- could be just about anything -- for 21 days. If you screw up you just start over at Day 1 again and keep on going until you get to day 21 when you can start over with the same or a new plan. There are several threads dedicated to 21 day challenges but I'm just documenting mine in my original group.

I'm on Day 5 and I'm finding it enormously helpful. Here's what I'm doing:

1. Eat only seated at the table when alone.
2. Moderate lowish-carb.
3. Minimal processed food, white flour or sugar.
4. Plenty of water.
5. 10,000 steps a day.
6. Tabata at least 5X a week.
7. Daily FUN!
8. Daily meditation.
9. At least 7 veggies/fruit a day.
10. Daily report.

Tired today -- good thing I got my long walk in already.

Now where's Carri & SG?

Satine
03-04-2010, 10:14 AM
Hello Girls, long time no talk I guess...I have been doing pretty poorly but am gearing up for another go round starting on Saturday....guess I am going to go back to doing WW since that is really the only thing that has worked for me, I will however have to keep watching my carbs and sugar due to the blood sugar issue...and I am adding another pce of equipment to my basement gym, dh is getting me a recumbent bike, a real nice one from Dcks Sporting goods....excited to get that, probably wont be for a couple of weeks though....how are you guys doing ?

Carri

auntie g
03-04-2010, 03:45 PM
Groan... I've fallen off track for the past week and a half, too. I'm also planning on restarting on Saturday! I don't know why this always has to happen! I get on a roll, and then one day something just goes screwy and madness takes over. My gallbladder pain is back since I've been eating crappy and even that hasn't stopped me! :(

Deep breath.

OK, let's get this party started again!

Arabella
03-08-2010, 10:10 AM
Spring is on the way and I have made, essentially, NO progress since Christmas. How, how, how? Why, why, why? Wasn't like I wasn't trying... but I guess I just must not have been trying hard enough. So... vowing to try harder. :dancer: :dancer:

Tired today -- wish I could have stayed home and gone back to bed but there are carpenters there so it'd never work. I'll sneak out for a stroll and see if that freshens me up.

I had such a stellar week last week ... really expected a nice loss on Friday and was UP a half-pound. :shrug: Couldn't a :devil: scale ENCOURAGE a girl from time to time? Maybe this week will deliver a payoff.

Carri, a recumbent bike sounds good! Have you got a TV in your basement gym? That always helps to motivate me...

Auntie_g, our bodies really do let us know when we're not giving them what they need, huh. Hope the pain is gone soon!

All right. LET'S HIT IT!

Satine
03-15-2010, 10:17 AM
well started phase 1 yesterday, no sodas or sweets...phase two will start next Sunday, lower my carbs, and phase 3 the following sunday to lower my calories....if I do all at once I just get sick and dont stick to it, so gonna try this plan and see how it goes ...

how are the rest of you doing?

Carri

Satine
03-16-2010, 10:18 AM
Well I made it, one day down ...no soda or sweets and darn if I didnt want both ALL day and badly ... :(

I didnt realize how dependent I had became on that daily caffiene shove to get me through the work afternoon ...and I was pretty tired yesterday afternoon due to the stupid DST ( dont get me started ) change....

I actually had a hilarious thing happen yesterday ( well at the time I cried ) that kind of put me into the right thinking mode...after going out to lunch with dh I got into the car and heard a splitting of cloth sound, yeah you guess it, my pants ....since it was small I thought I could go through the work afternoon and just sit at my desk ...well about an hour before I left I stood up, went to copier, came back, sat down and my zipper just gave out on both sides, split wide open :D so because these pants were too tight I split them open not once, but twice.....ahh the joys of being overweight...

Okay so there is my embarrassing story for the month ....haha

Later,
Carri

Satine
03-17-2010, 10:25 AM
ughhhhh sugar wdl headaches ....dont even know if that is a thing but that is what I am going with .....hoping I can stay strong ...

Happy St Patricks Day everyone !!! :drinkup::luck2you:

Arabella
03-18-2010, 01:22 PM
Satine, good for you getting up and going! I've been doing okay but not totally cracking down, which I know is what I need to do to actually make progress. Starting ... NOW!!!

Let's do this thing.

Satine
03-18-2010, 02:56 PM
Well I wouldnt say I was "up" and going, I would say I am "down" and going, haha :D

Still feeling crappy over the sugar wdl and no soda ....but I am forging ahead...getting ready to go and get my teeth cleaned and that always makes my day :(

Have a good evening

Carri

Arabella
03-22-2010, 03:23 PM
Hey Satine -- Going counts, however we do it!

I've just started counting points again today. Will get through this one -- no slacking! :nono:

Hope your withdrawal's over!

Satine
03-26-2010, 10:15 AM
Morning Girls....well I have made it on plan for three whole days !!! :carrot: I will take it ! :) Just today I am feeling less bloated and not as fat in my clothes...I am down 3 pds but I know the first of it is water weight that comes off quicker, but hey it makes me feel better ....

Now if I can just get through the weekend !!!

How are you all doing?

Carri

Arabella
03-26-2010, 04:42 PM
Errr... today?

Not so good. Fresh start tomorrow.

Satine
03-29-2010, 09:40 AM
Good Morning ....well my week of staying on plan was a success AND I was down 4 pounds for my efforts ....I was super excited...I know the first 10 come off faster since they are mostly water but still to see the numbers drop on the scale was great ....

I only have 5 months till we leave for FL, I would like to have off 30-35 pds by then ....hope it is do-able .... :o)

How are you guys doing?

Carri

Arabella
03-29-2010, 02:31 PM
Wow, Carri, congrats! That is excellent -- so nice to be rewarded for good behavior.

Myself, I'm trying for 28 pounds in a little under four months. I think both our goals are totally doable. The only thing is -- we've got to work it to make it work.

Funny -- I've just been sitting here thinking about going off-plan. Now? Not gonna do it. I just had a half sweet potato with a t of becel for a snack. That'll do me till dinner :yes:

Got in my steps, went to the gym, did some yoga.

Why blow it? Let's not.

Satine
04-05-2010, 10:12 AM
Morning Ladies….didnt have too good of a Easter weekend…ended up getting a nasty cold that I am at work with today. I did visit my parents Sat night and was with dh’s parents for lunch on Sunday, we went to Longhorn Steakhouse, I had this new chicken dinner with mushrooms, not so good …of course with my cold I wasn’t tasting things right.

I am officially down 6 pds since I began back on strictly on March 24th…so I guess 6 pds in a little over 1 and a half weeks…I will take it …I am back in the 220’s at least but cant stand those….wont feel good about myself until I am in the single digits of the two’s …then I know I am near Onederland again …

Did you guys have a good Easter ? :easter2:

Carri

Arabella
04-05-2010, 10:37 AM
I'm trying not to get too bent out of shape at myself for gaining back so much weight. I got down to 204 and back up to 228. :shrug: Nevertheless, the only way is FOREWARD. :yes:

I've done a flip around on the point-counting thing. In another thread, I was looking back at what I did to lose 60 pounds 20 years ago.

It was from a book -- keep thinking it was The Setpoint Diet but I'm not sure. Anyway, it was about retraining to eat naturally. The focus was on eating when hungry, not otherwise and not agonizing over weight but just getting on with life. I did that, got lots of exercise and the weight fell off.

For me, it's also essential that I only eat sitting at the table when I'm alone because I "lose" control sometimes otherwise. And mostly wheat and sugar-free, healthy carbs and not too many of them.

Anyway, I was remembering how freeing that was -- once that plan's in motion, it's like giving up the obsession and misery. Behaving like a person with no food issues, working on having no self-image issues. I thought "Is there any reason I can't do that?"

So that's what I've been doing the last few days and it hasn't been hard. I feel better. And, of course, life just seems so much easier and sweeter anyway with spring here.

Carri, 6.5 in less than two weeks is fabulous! :woohoo: Hope you're feeling better!

Where's our Auntie_g now?

:flow1: :flow2: :flow1: :flow2: :flow1: :flow2: :flow1:

It's SPRING -- let's hit it!

Satine
04-08-2010, 10:33 AM
Morning Girls….boy I have had a crummy last few days…I started getting a cold over the weekend and it just blew up on Monday…I was home sick Tues and Weds and back at work today…of course not feeling 100% but feeling better…I was able to get another two pounds off during it though, that is the great thing about colds and flu, no appetite for me , haha ….so am down to 227 …

Tried one of those new Subway breakfast sandwhiches this morning…the one with the egg white, black forest ham, and cheese on a wheat english muffin …the whole thing was only 160 calories…While it did taste good, and I appreciate the low calories , it was a little lacking …they only used one thin piece of ham and one slice of cheese…I know in trying to keep the calories down they had to cut some things but I would rather have double the ham than the cheese…might have to write them and make that suggestion.

Arabella – I think that is a good idea, go back to what worked for you …don’t feel bad about being back up there, so am I …it really is depressing to be so close and shoot right back up but we did it to ourselves…so now we turn it back around, huh ?

Hi Auntie G !!!

Well have a good day, think of me here at work struggling to get through with my cold lol

Hope you all are doing well.

Carri

Arabella
04-09-2010, 05:07 AM
Weighed in down 2 from last week, huzzah. Like you say, Carri, I know this approach works for me. It's a very interesting thing to do, psychologically. Really feels like part of what I'm giving up is the obsession, you know. That obsession that, honest to god, used up so much of my time and energy. Onward!

Bah for your cold but yay for losing appetite -- that's something that almost never happens to me.

Have a fantastic weekend and if you see Auntie_g around anywhere, grab her, eh? :wave:

Satine
04-12-2010, 10:18 AM
Morning All ...well I had a good weekend...stayed on plan, actually went over calories though by 600 last night, the trainers on Biggest Loser say it is good to do that once in a while to keep your metabolism guessing...now I feel a little bloated though this morning.

I didnt weigh in yet, I think I have been obsessing over that, so I am not gonna get back on it until Friday...hopefully it will show some good numbers for my efforts. :)

Arabella - 2 pds is great, so the not worrying about the diet so much is working for you...sounds freeing really. I am over my cold now and the appetite seems to be back with a vengeance, haha

Well have a good day, will check in later.
Carri

Arabella
04-13-2010, 05:55 AM
Came across Geneen Roth stuff in Oprah (http://www.oprah.com/health/Geneen-Roth-Talks-to-Oprah-About-Women-Food-And-God) -- I remember reading a couple of her books years ago. Probably around the same time I lost all the weight. I was thinking, the funniest darn thing -- it was right before I started dating my husband. So that's where the whole weight thing went back to the seesaw gain/lose again. Yeah, I'm ready to give that up.

Carri, I heard Jillian say that same thing last week. I've heard other people say that worked for them but I don't think I've ever had any luck with it. A couple of indulgent days on the weekend seems to be enough to prevent me from losing for a week. :rolleyes:

Auntie_g, happy belated birthday! :hb: We'd sure like to see you in here again. ;)

Have a great day!

auntie g
04-13-2010, 06:49 AM
Hi, girls! Haven't caught up and haven't gotten back on the wagon yet- there's still cake in the house- ;) I'll be back very soon.

Satine
04-13-2010, 10:21 AM
Morning...weighed myself this morning and I have been stuck at the same weight for three days now...getting a little frustrated to not see it budge at all, but I will be patient :(

Auntie G - yay !! yes we need you back here...but like I said dont beat yourself up over the cake it was your birthday !!! :)

Arabella - Yeah if I eat what I want all weekend it doesnt do anything but make me gain, but if I just have one cheat meal and go right back on then I seem to be good....I have to have a treat once in a while right ?

I need more breakfast ideas to bring to work if you girls have any....I need something that is less than 30 carbs, low cal, and easy to fix at work.

Okay see ya later.
Carri

goreplz
04-13-2010, 05:16 PM
Ugh I feel so terrible. Yesterday I was apparently 202. And I was on my way to onederland. But today I was 204. I didn't sweat it, I had drank a lot of water today and specialists say your weight fluctuates between 1 and 2 pounds every day because of bodily processes and eating, etc. But then for some reason, I decided I wanted some ice cream from the freezer. I said I would just have a little. But I ended up getting two servings! So I binged kinda. Only about 500 calories and I was nowhere near my set daily caloric limit. But I feel really bad about it even though tons of people binge way more than that when they binge. And now I feel terrible. Like I don't even want that in my stomach right now.

Satine
04-14-2010, 10:12 AM
Morning Girls ...I just had one of those D'Light Jimmy Dean breakfast bowls with turkey sausage...pretty good and 23 grms of protein ...I usually dont care for turkey sausage but it wasnt too bad ..230 cals as well, so smart choice for breakfast and not alot of carbs...

Now that it is so nice outside it is SO hard for me to sit here in my cubicle and see the sunshine outside....it is torture to have to sit inside :D

Gore - I hear ya...I normally dont even get to excited about Onderland until I am about 195, because weight fluctuates so much in a day that you can be over 200 and under all in the same day...I wouldnt sweat it you are so close I envy you :) And dont worry about the icecream...you had it, now you move on...keep up the good work !

Hi Auntie G and Arabella :hug:

Later,
Carri

goreplz
04-14-2010, 05:09 PM
Thank you! You're quite right. I feel much better now with the exception that I have a migraine headache. The school nurse told me I looked dehydrated. I had a bad day.

Satine
04-16-2010, 10:14 AM
Morning Girls, I had an NSV this morning ....we had bagels for a lady's birthday here and I only had half ( with my breakfast sausage ) normally I would have had a whole one and then maybe another half, I LOVE my bread...and THEN I actually went out on my break and walked for 15 mins around my building ...I am proud of myself this go around I think I might have actually had a mind set change and am on my way back to a healthy weight.
:carrot::carrot:

Gore - Did the migraine go away? Yeah make sure you are drinking enough water, I drink a ton of it during the day , that is the only liquid I ever have except for the occasional milk

Arabella - how is it going?

Auntie G - We are waiting for ya :hug:

Well I guess I better get back to work...thank God it is Friday huh? Have a great weekend all.

Carri

auntie g
04-17-2010, 07:44 AM
Time to face the music - again! I updated my number (oh boy...), but I'll have to come back later to catch up. Puppies are calling!

Satine
04-17-2010, 12:05 PM
Morning ...well I weighed in this morning at 225 to officially 10 pds down from when I started the last week of March ...so I feel good about it :carrot:

Auntie G - dont worry about it, we are all right in the 220's right now, so we can all get there to Onederland about the same time if we all work hard! Glad to have you back on here:hug:

Hi Arabella :wave:

Just chcking in real quick, gotta get some lunch in me, my stomach is growling and hurting...later all !!

Carri

Arabella
04-17-2010, 12:53 PM
Hey Chicklies! Nice to see everyone in here. :) I've got super-grainy kamut-spelt-oat bread (hopefully) rising. Had a nice little run through the woods today and we're going for a hike with friends later. Did some :yoga: All systems go!

Carri, 10 down! :woohoo: That's awesome action. I didn't lose any this week (well, .2 :rolleyes: ) but had a good week so I'll see it next Friday.

Auntie_g, that's the first crucial step, however painful. I let myself gain 20 + pounds since July by periodically skipping WI for a month or so :dz: Never again, I say again. Anyhoo, the only way is ONWARD!

Welcome, goreplz :welcome: Uh... curious about your name :chin:

auntie g
04-17-2010, 10:36 PM
Well, I'll have to try again tomorrow to read the missed posts and catch up properly. Every time I plan on getting here, I get caught up on Facebook and the time just slips on by... But it's good to be back- let's do this thing!

auntie g
04-19-2010, 07:36 PM
OK, here we go! I've been on track for 3 days now, not perfect, but much better than I had been doing. I think that "all or nothing" mentality is always what does me in, so I'm not shooting for perfect anymore!

I've gotten off my a$$ and out for a walk every day since last Tuesday, and I'm going with the same non-perfect theory there, too. Sometimes I walk fast, but sometimes I walk with a niece or nephew and it's not fast, but it's still up and at 'em, and better than sitting in front of the computer, right?

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. For now, anyway... LOL

How are you girls doing???

Satine
04-20-2010, 10:17 AM
Morning Girls, still going strong ....went over my calories last night by a couple of hundred but not worried about it, I think my body needs some change up anyhow ...

Auntie G - great job, baby step it and get back on slowly so it is not all a shock to the body, and I agree with you - if we dont obsess over every little thing we do tend to do better ...

I need to start exercising more myself ...I just get so lazy in the evenings after I get home from work though...I know, no excuse :dizzy:

Well have a good day ladies.

Carri

auntie g
04-21-2010, 10:12 PM
Time for bed, but I keep neglecting to stop by here, I don't want to make that a habit! I'm hanging in, haven't missed a day of walking- so, yay!

Carri, sounds like you're on a roll - congratulations! Yeah, I wouldn't worry about going a little over, as long as it's not every day. And as for the exercise problem, ugh, it's all I can do to make myself get up and out the door. I don't feel like going after work, either. I'm just forcing myself for now. Hopefully that WILL become a habit!

Arabella, how's it going up north???

Have a great Thursday, all! :)

Arabella
04-22-2010, 08:07 AM
Good morning, Lovelies!

We've got the second of two consecutive sunny days here after a seemingly interminable stretch of cold, grey and wet weather. Going for a little run in a bit before it has a chance to cloud over.

All goes well here but I seem to be retaining fluid. Maybe need to ease up on the carbs again...

Auntie_g, that all or nothing thing has done us all in too many times to count. Off/on. Bah!

I'm a perfectionist... doesn't mean that anything in my life is ever perfect, just that I'm perennially dissatisfied. Balance is my aim though, perfect or not.

Carri, I hear ya on that exercising in the evening. I usually exercise early in the morning and I find that the later it gets the less likely I am to actually do it. So hard to start a new habit, anyway. I'm lucky that my DS is a relentless exerciser so I get some benefit from his influence.

Have a fabulous day!

Satine
04-22-2010, 10:15 AM
Morning ladies ...well I had my first big cheat meal last night in almost a month...it was Pizza Hut pizza and bread sticks...sounded good at the time but after I ate it I realized it was not worth it ...this morning I am bloated and feeling lethargic ...but I move on, I am gonna have times like this once in a while...

Arabella - I would eat less carbs ...carbs always bring me down ....more protein keeps me full longer and have more energy, plus keeps my blood sugar in check ...

Auntie G - great job on the daily walking, I am gonna try hard to start up with that as well now that it is warmer.

Well I am off work tomorrow and Monday so I have a four day weekend :carrot: so happy about that ...if I dont get back in here you all have a great OP weekend !!!

Later,
Carri

2Bees
04-26-2010, 02:07 PM
I'm new to the thread. Looks like everyone here has their eye on the goal and knows how to get there.

I want to lose the 31lbs I need to go under 200 before the end of July. I won't quit there-I wont I wont but that would seem like such a victory to me.

I have had breast cancer this last year and the oncologist wants me to lose to below 140. That should scare me straight and narrow but I have been totally ineffective so far. Here is looking forward not back.

auntie g
04-26-2010, 07:37 PM
Hi all! Well, I meant to get in here sooner, but my schedule has been completely discombobulated because my puppy girl has been sick. I haven't gotten my walks in for a few days now, but I intend to start back with that tomorrow. My girl got pancreatitis, but she's feeling better enough now that I think tomorrow we'll be back in business.

So, I was down 3.5 lbs at Saturday's WI. Not very impressive for week 1, but hey, here I am in week 2 and haven't given up, so it's all good. It's been raining for 2 days now, and that's getting on my nerves, but I did get some cute polka dotted rain boots for my birthday, so if I have to walk in them tomorrow, I will!

Arabella, "perennially dissatisfied" sounds like me, too! I think it's time to change that thinking! I know it's hard, nearly impossible, but we should at least give it a try, right?! That's what I'm shooting for this time...

Carri, did you recover from the Pizza Hut? I had pizza at my nephew's birthday party on Saturday, and it actually did NOT do me in! Hope you're back to business, cause you've been on a roll!

2Bees, welcome aboard! Good luck with your goal! Sorry to hear about your reason, but that sure does give you more incentive to succeed. Yep, forget the past, it's time to push forward!

Have a happy, healthy Tuesday, everyone! :)

Satine
04-27-2010, 10:17 AM
Morning Everyone, well here it is my first day back to work after my little 4 day vacation and it is HARD to be back, I slept in basically all four days so having to get up so early this morning was a real shock to my system, not to mention that this afternoon I have my yearly Endo appt...I dont think she is going to be happy that I weigh the same as I did a whole year ago, but what can I do about it now...so that has sort of got me down I guess...

Auntie G - yes I got over the P Hut pizza but then yesterday had a pce of choc cream pie and a whole plate of spaghetti with garlic bread, so now I have to get over that, haha ....great job on the loss, I actually think that is VERY good for one week....very good.

Hi to Arabella - :)

2Bees - welcome...would love to have you join us full time so we can help you reach your goal ( and you can help us ).

Well better get back to work I guess, ughhhhhh ....

See ya,
Carri

Satine
04-30-2010, 10:17 AM
Morning All - Well I am down another pound as of this morning, so that makes 13 total so far since 3/24 ...I am quite happy with that, gotta change my ticker I guess... I cant wait to get into the 2 teens ...then the 2 single digits and then finally ONEDERLAND !!!!!

Oh so I made homemade salsa last night for the first time, I made it pretty hot, cause me and dh like it that way, but I am excited to try it tonight for the first time, it had to chill in the fridge over night to let flavors build and mix.

I am so glad it is Friday ....having allergy problems that last couple of days ( sinus headaches, itchy eyes, sneezing, etc ), so has dh ...pollen is in the "extremely high" level around here...sucks ...especially the sinus headaches and drainage ...guess I better get the old Claratin out ...

Well you all have a great weekend...

Carri

auntie g
04-30-2010, 11:14 AM
Hi all! Well, this past week has been a rollercoaster ride - ugh! I did get out and walk the one day that I thought I would, but then my doggie daughter went downhill, and it's been such a mess, the walking has gone out the window. I have been eating OK, but I'm not leaving her alone, so I haven't gotten a chance to get out to walk. After we thought the pancreatitis was under control, a huge bladder infection showed up. It's just been one thing after another, and I'm afraid to leave her. I've missed 2 days of work already, but now it seems like the antibiotics are starting to kick in, and hopefully things will be improving in the next day or two.

Carri, congrats on another pound down!! You're on your way! I hope your salsa turns out yummy! I'm not a salsa or spicy food fan, but I hear it's good for you - LOL! Good luck dealing with the allergies. Luckily, I don't really have that problem, but it's bad here, too. Everyone's walking around watery-eyed and cranky.

Arabella and 2Bees, hope all is well!

OK, let's do the best we can with what we've got, and have a good weekend!

auntie g
05-01-2010, 07:06 AM
Down 1.5 today - yay! I haven't had much movement this week, so I'm good with that. It's going to be around 90º today, which won't make me want to walk, but it did make me get out summer clothes, and that's always a depressing reminder to stick to the program!

Carri, how's that salsa?

Satine
05-04-2010, 10:13 AM
Morning All ....was down another two pounds total last week so now down to 221 ...I am on my way ...!! :carrot:

Auntie G - the salsa turned out good, it needed to be just a little bit more spicy though...next time I will add more peppers...and yes peppers are great for you, the hotter the better, supposed to speed up your metabolism...I hear ya on the hot weather, I cant walk outside once it gets that hot, I just move it inside and do my dvds...

Hi Arabella - how goes it ? :D

I am having an issue with ear wax, I know that sounds gross, haha ...I cant hear as well out of my right ear, plugged up, any home remedy suggestions? I know Arabella has to have one ...

Later,
Carri

auntie g
05-04-2010, 03:33 PM
Congrats on 2 more lbs, Carri! Guess those peppers are working for ya! And on the gross topic, DH gets that earwax problem sometimes, too. He just uses some bulb thingie from the drugstore- squirts something in there to soften it, and then it drains out. Ick! Funny, it's not as gross to deal with it as it is to talk about it. Good luck!

Still having ups and downs with my puppy here, not really getting to get out and do much, but I'm doing my best food-wise. I guess I should start doing some sort of in the house exercising... :P

Arabellllllllllla, where aaaaaaaaaaaare you???

Well, let's keep on plugging away...

Satine
05-06-2010, 10:15 AM
Good Morning...well I am having my TOM right now so I am ravenous and wanting chocolate, badly ...trying hard to stay OP, thankfully with the bc pills I am on I only get one every three months...I dare not weigh myself until it is all over, usually a couple of pounds up during this week.

Auntie G - how is the doggie? Hopefully better...I tried a thing on my ear last night, peroxide and water ( 50/50 mix ) and it seemed to just plug it up more so I guess the wax is pretty hard in there...gonna go get some of the softening stuff at the store and try what you said tonight...and yes I think the peppers are helping, last night I made a new batch of salsa and made it extra hot - hey I will take any help I can get. You and I are so close to eachother in weight ( well Arabella too ), that we will probably come into Onederland at the same time if we stay at it...so lets go !!!!

Arabella - Hi-ya ...how goes it ?

Well all wish me luck that I can stay away from the chocolate today, for some reason I really REALLY want some M&Ms ...the plain ones...just to smell the inside of the bag might even help, haha :D

Later,
Carri

Arabella
05-11-2010, 06:24 PM
I had a bit of a backslide and gained a couple of pounds back. I've been doing better again. Exercise is excellent, if I do say so myself. I'm running 3X a week for about 40 mins, going to the gym and doing circuit training 3X, doing 15-20 mins of yoga almost every day and a 5-mile walk on Sundays. A little tai chi from time to time.

Food has been pretty good. My newest thing, as of last weekend, is I'm not drinking. I don't really drink THAT much :cheers: Just a few on the weekend. But I think it's been affecting my hormones a lot and increasing hot flashes. So then I don't sleep well and am tired, which just makes life so much more difficult. Anyway, made it through last weekend. I didn't find it too hard except for Mother's Day dinner at a restaurant. My family stresses me right out! :lol: I really wanted a couple of glasses of wine but I held off. Hoping it makes a difference.

Carri, congrats on your nice steady losses! :woohoo: You're making fantastic progress!

"Arabella has to have one" :lol: Guess you've got me pegged. I didn't, really, but I think I've got the same problem. So I'll try the drugstore thingy...

Hmmmm... why does it seem like smelling the bag of M&Ms might not work? :chin: Maybe it's just because I know I'd be in face-first and munching...

Auntie_g, I wish I could take some of that heat for you! Our temps have been in the 40s and lower pretty much since the start of April. We had two lovely days, thought, well, here we go now. And then SLAM -- back to ick. Mostly gray and drizzly too.

Congrats on your loss, too!

How's your puppy girl?

K, I'm just winding down here after stupid work. Next stop: Bed, with book. My favorite part of the day right now. Have a great night, wimmins, and let's wake up rarin' to go! :dancer:

auntie g
05-11-2010, 07:42 PM
Sigh.... Well, I WAS doing OK, but the past few days I've slipped right off the old wagon again. My baby girl had a good week, and then BAM! Back to the vet, and now it's a kidney problem. I know I have to face the reality that she's going on 14 years old, but... Sigh...

Carri, hope you're staying away from the M&Ms and continuing down the right path!

Arabella, that's so much exercise you've got going on, you'll be fine! I'm starting to think that may just be the way to go- hee hee. Now if only I would quit smoking and start running...

I'm going to try to get my head back on straight here, but I think I just made a pizza date for Friday night. I'm not even sure, but I'll get it together soon! Have a good one, girls!

Satine
05-12-2010, 10:29 AM
Morning Gals...well I am still on the straight and narrow...was still at 220 last I checked so I am 21 pds away from the big Onederland, but I see it on the horizon, that is for sure !!!

Okay, so if you read my facebook page you know I did get the big clog out of my ear, it was a huge chunk of cotton from the qtips I guess that had accumulated over time, it was huge, but now I hear so good that it almost hurts because things are so loud :dizzy:

Arabella - good job on the exercising...you will surely see a loss from all that...

Auntie G - sorry about the pup, our Les is 8 years old and I cant imagine anything happening to him...makes me sad and worried anytime something goes on with him so I know how you feel, hope she gets better ASAP...:hug:

Hope you both have a great day, storming and raining like crazy here, just wish I was home to laze around and enjoy it, haha

Later,
Carri

Arabella
05-13-2010, 05:55 AM
Good morning! Bright and sunny here, if too close to the freezing mark. I should enjoy the sunshine, anyway, because it's supposed to cloud over and rain for the next few days. Every fiber of my being is longing for sun and warmth -- our summer is so short here that we tend to resent every cold day. And it's been cold since the start of April. Ok, officially trying to start being more positive now... Let's have some flowers. (At least they're lasting a long time because of the cold -- there, I can too Pollyanna it up):

Auntie_g, it's so hard to get on a roll, isn't it. Those events -- like pizza dates -- always seem to put me off track too. But theoretically, we can plan for them. You know, eat some but not too much, moderation, that kind of deal?

Last one for me was making perogies with my family, eating six of them and then having a piece of cake to top it off. Carbs much? And my mom was so happy I had cake. :rolleyes: AND that was a few weeks back and I've been struggling to get the eating thing back under control ever since.

Carri, did that hunk of cotton come out of your ear as a result of the drugstore wax softener stuff? I don't use Q-tips unless overcome by an overwhelming impulse (Read: I don't buy them but sometimes when I'm in a friend's bathroom the temptation is too great).

I love those stormy days at home, too. So cozy! (Too bad you couldn't be at home for it -- work's not so cozy.)

Okay. Today, I swear, I will eat only when I'm hungry and eat only at the table when I'm alone. No wheat, no sugar.

Satine
05-13-2010, 08:56 AM
Morning !!!

Arabella - your cold weather and short summers are right up my alley...I should move up there...I detest the hot and humid summers here, love cooler weather where I can wear long sleeves...I have always been that way, even when I was little..I am going to try and plant some flowers in my pots in the porch this weekend, hopefully the frost is over but I did hear that we might have a cooler than normal summer around here which would be fine with me. And about the wax - no I didnt buy anything at the store, I had tried other home remedies to soften and get it out ( peroxcide, vegetable oil, baby oil ) but nothing worked...then I read online this guy said to while you are in the shower, get the water really hot and let it run in and out of your ear ( plus I think the hot steam helped too ), well after I got out of the shower I did the ear bulb syringe and it came out in like 4-5 tries, ALL of it, alot of gross stuff but the one big chunk imparticular that was the problem - I no longer am going to use qtips, just gonna wash the ears in the shower I guess with a washcloth.

Auntie G - doggie doing better ? I hear ya on the pizza date - pizza is my biggest weakness ...I LOVE the stuff ...crave it daily....good luck !!

OOOOhhhh today is Thursday so that means Survivor - dont know what I am going to do when all of my shows are ending about the same time ( Survivor, Biggest Loser, Amazing Race ) ...and I hate summer re-runs ...

Well you gals have a great day. Talk to you all later. Be mindful of your carbs, haha

Carri

Satine
05-14-2010, 10:12 AM
Just dropping in to say "hi" :wave:

Hope you all have a great weekend and stay OP !!!

Talk to you later. :flow2:

Carri

Arabella
05-17-2010, 08:24 AM
Hi Carri -- wow, makes me wonder what I might get out of my ear. I've got to think about this some more before I attempt it I think.

Had a good weekend, a few treats but no going overboard. On the other hand, weight is stuck. Coincidence?

Satine
05-18-2010, 10:25 AM
Morning all ...well I have some good news and bad news ...good news I was down to 218 yesterday morning, now at a total of 17 pounds down :carrot:

bad news is my very good friend here at work called me this morning crying, her Dad had just passed away ( earlier in the morning ) very unexpectedly, he was only 55, I didnt ask her what happened but he was fairly healthy so I am assuming heart attack, but will wait till she is able to speak and tell me...so my stomach has been all upset about it this morning, really sad...and seeing how my Dad is also 55 it really makes me think ....

Well not to be a downer, that is just where I am at this morning....:hug:
Tonight is my mother in laws retirement dinner, she is 64 and retireing from over 30 years of teaching, she teaches first grade...gonna have to try and stay OP for that whole buffett dinner situation, so wish me luck.

Have a good day all.

Carri

Arabella
05-19-2010, 07:02 AM
Carri, sorry to hear about your friend's dad. I'm 54 and it really is sobering, the number of people around my age that are dying. At my SIL's last weekend and they'd had two friends suffer heart attacks that week and only one survived. Both men had really terrible health habits though -- really underlines how important it is to look after your health. I mean, you never know, anyway, but it helps your odds -- no question.

You're doing fantastic! :woohoo: I need a shove...

Have a great day!

Satine
05-19-2010, 10:13 AM
Morning Ladies - I did okay at the buffet last night and was able to keep in my calorie range for the day....victory ! :cb:

And I got more bad news late last night, our friends sister died from cancer, this was expected for a few months but still hard to hear...so I was sad for two friends yesterday ( still am ) ...I hate that I am supersticious and I keep thinking about the "it comes in three's" idea ....hopefully the two were the end of it.

Thanks Arabella - I do really feel that I am truly on the wagon and gonna get under 200 soon ... here is your push ! :broc: well not so much a push but I just love that brocolli head guy, haha

Auntie G- how are you? how is the doggie?

Well back to work I go ( hi ho hi ho ) :crazy:

Later,
Carri

goreplz
05-19-2010, 07:34 PM
Hi ladies!
I had been trying to get to onederland for a while. And I haven't weighed myself in about 1.5 weeks and it said I weighed 205 pounds. Then I went to the doctor today, and I weigh 194 pounds! So I'm there! So I think my current scales are waaay off. Because yeah, I spoke to my doctor about it and she said her scale is better than my wii fit scale and the other scale I use. So I had a really good day with some good news!!!

Satine
05-21-2010, 10:14 AM
Hi Girls, I am having a bad morning ...it is one of my co workers birthdays today and we are all going out to lunch ...since it is her birthday she chose, well she chose my favorite restaurant, an italian place called Carrabas, NOTHING is low calorie there...even the salad dressings are homemade and full of fat...so I dont want to go , but I know if I opt out this person and maybe others are going to be upset...right now I think that my health and weightloss is more important than there feelings for the day...they will get over it, and if not who cares really ...sorry I am also having a bad attitude morning....:(

your thoughts on this ? how do you handle these types of situations? They come up frequently for me here at work.

Carri

ninepaw
05-22-2010, 06:01 PM
:wave: Hello! :wave:

I'm going to go ahead and hop onboard your onederland train. :) I'm quite a ways off right now, but you all seem like nice company... And who doesn't like nice company?? ;)

I've been on my little journey for a month as of yesterday, and I'm down 14 pounds so far. Trying to reach 245 by my birthday in a couple of weeks, and from there... I just have to chug, chug, chug along to onederland and beyond! :p I'm not following any specific plan, no calorie counting for me... I'm just trying to be reasonable. You know, proper portion sizes and all that nonsense! ;) I get in my exercise here and there, Zumba being my favorite... And... Yeah! That's me!

ninepaw
05-23-2010, 02:50 PM
Good morning ladies!
I am a daily weigh-in sort of gal, so I hopped on the scale this morning to see 251! Yeee! :cheer2: I only count Wednesdays, so it's not "official", but... I was excited. :)
Tonight will not likely be a good one. My sister's birthday is tomorrow and we're doing a dinner tonight... Of course for dinner she requested chicken and rice casserole(Which I don't really care for to begin with, not to mention the fact that's it's probably not that great for me!).... Throw the fact that I got enlisted to make her cake(I'm basically the family baker... No wonder I'm fat!), and the fact that there will be ice cream... Yep. I'm screwed! :lol:

Satine
05-24-2010, 10:22 AM
Morning Girls...so great news, I am now at 215 with an even 20 lost !!!:dancer: I was so excited about that Sunday morning that I ate like a pig all day and am probably up a pound today, but I am not gonna check, just work a couple of days to get it off :D Auntie G already knows this from my guilty gabbing on facebook, haha

Boy it feels good to know that i am only 16 pds away from 199 !!!!!! Onederland here I come :jig:

Welcome 9paw - good job on the loss - hope you did okay for your sisters bday, but hey, like you see above, we all have our bad days ... :hug:

Hi Arabella and Auntie G - come out and play :sunny: lol

Okay talk to you all later, have a good day ...the summer heat is kicking in here, hot and humid yesterday, gonna be close to 90 today, and I am SO not ready for that yet ....:flame:

Later,
Carri

ninepaw
05-24-2010, 05:41 PM
And hello again!

Still 251 today, but I'll take that considering last nights events! I didn't end up eating much for dinner at my sister's birthday gathering... Basically ate green beans and buttered bread! Which then led to going to Denny's late at night with the boyfriend... AFTER eating cake. And ice cream. Aaaaah! :lol:

But I'm back to trying to behave today, blah blah blah... What's funny is that my own birthday is coming up in two weeks, so that's probably gonna be another bad day. Or weekend. Whatever! :lol:

Congrats on the loss, Satine! :D Can't wait to be so close to onedarland!

ninepaw
05-25-2010, 03:25 PM
Afternoon everyone! :)

Weighed myself as usual when I got up today... 250! I'm SO close to being back in the 240's like I was a few months ago, I can't wait! :D It's gonna be so freaking exciting. Yeee!

Hope everyone is doing well! Have a fantabulous day! ;)

Satine
05-25-2010, 04:13 PM
Good job ninepaw - You are on your way !!!

I am having a day of craving pizza...but I think I have pork chops thawing in the frige, oh well shouldnt have pizza anyhow

have a good evening all

Carri

ninepaw
05-26-2010, 06:36 PM
It's Wednesday, my "official" weigh-day... And I'm still chillin' at 250. Dangit! But I'm not too surprised, yesterday was kind of weird for me for food, and I ate a big bowl of cereal late at night because it just sounded SO good and I couldn't get it out of my head! Anyway. Hoping to get away from 250 soon. :)

Keep avoiding temptation, Carri! You can do it!

Satine
05-27-2010, 10:14 AM
Ninepaw - I wouldnt worry about it, weigh again on Sat or Sunday and hopefully you will see a pound down at that time...

Hi Arabella and Auntie G -

I am still chugging along ...just waiting to get into the single digit 200's ...then I will be on the final countdown ...haha

It has been so hot here the last week, high 80's and humid ...yuk ...nothing you wanna get out in ...oh well supposed to cool off here this weekend...

Later everyone, have a good OP day.

Carri

ninepaw
05-27-2010, 03:57 PM
Hi Carri! And all you others out there I've yet to talk to! ;)

Being the daily weigh in person that I am, I'm pleased to report that this morning showed me the elusive 249! Will it stick? Who knows. I sure hope so! :D

Have a fantastic day everyone!

Satine
05-28-2010, 10:35 AM
Morning Girls ,.. well no weight loss this week ...I suppose it has to do with my over indulgin on Sunday... it showed me up 2 pds after that and it has taken me all week to get back down to 215 so I guess I just call this week a waste... :( Hopefully I will at least go down 1 over the weekend if I am really good, but that is gonna be hard with the holiday, 500 race ( I am in Carmel, near INdy ) and the cook outs ....

Ninepaw ( what is your first name ? ) - congrats on getting to the 240's ... I love it when I get into another set of 10 in the 200's gets you one step closer to the Onderland goal ...I am feel like I am so close yet so far ...last time I got down to like 205 and then started gaining it all back again ... cant believe I sabatoged myself like that when I was so close ...but I know we will get there soon and that 2010 is going to be the year for us !!

Arabella and Auntie G - stop back in and speak at us, haha :D Hope you are both doing well.

If I dont get back in here I hope you all have a great Memorial Day weekend and talk to you later.

Carri

ninepaw
05-28-2010, 02:04 PM
Morning! My first name is Diana, just so you know now. ;)

Well, this was not a happy morning in my little world here in California. I didn't necessarily expect my 249 from yesterday to last, but I was a little more hopeful than realistic... So I'm back to 250. Why me!? Ugh! Oh well. Guess I'd better make a point of getting to the gym today or something. Can't let this stick!

Carri, Don't call the week a waste. At least you got back to 215! That's way better than gaining more. :) Just keep at it. You can get back to 205 again, and then you can BUST right through to Onederland! I believe in you! :cheer2: This weekend is a big one, no question about that, so I would just stick to hoping you maintain through the weekend, or see only minimal gain. Don't make yourself crazy, just enjoy the weekend... As long as you come RIGHT BACK here when it's all said and done! :hug:

Hope everyone has a great weekend! :D

ninepaw
05-29-2010, 03:45 PM
Hey guys! Hope you're all having a good weekend... But not TOO good! ;) Haha

I did get to the gym yesterday and had a super awesome amazing workout! I felt awesome after, really really great... But I got on the scale today and my body seems content to stick with 250... So I went to zumba this morning. I want to see that number go down! I know it's only been a couple days, buuuut... I want it! :lol:

Have a safe and maybe moderately healthy weekend everyone! I know you all probably have plans. I do not. :) So I'll hold down the fort!!! :lol:

ninepaw
05-30-2010, 01:43 PM
UGH. Up to 251 today, although at this point I'm pretty much convinced that it has to do with the exercising I've been doing the last couple of days, since my eating has been pretty great. I must stay calm, I must not get discouraged... :lol:

I decided yesterday that I want to take a stab at the C25K program! :D I've never been great with running, but the program seems very doable and reasonable. Bought some decent shoes yesterday, along with an app on my phone that will alert when to walk and run, and I am totally set to start as soon as I have some breakfast. :D I'm excited.

I'm also taking over this thread... :( Looking forward to hearing from you guys again once the weekend is over!

ninepaw
05-31-2010, 02:43 PM
I only have a couple things to say.

1) Did the first day of C25K yesterday morning. It was spectacular and I felt amazing.

2) I made horrible eating choices yesterday evening, involving a large block of curly fries at the county fair and diner food.

3) 252 on the scale today. This is just all wrong. :/

Satine
06-01-2010, 09:17 AM
Morning everyone, hope you all had a great holiday weekend and didnt go off of your plan too much ...I was able to stick to mine and did see a 1.5 pd loss after all ...so I saw 213 !! well 213.8, so barely in but hey it is still 213, haha ...
I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, hope to be under 210 by June 12th ...I am pretty sure I can do it, I seem to be averaging at least 2 a week right now so hopefully I can keep that up ...I wanted to have off 40 by the time we go to FL at end of August but we will see ...

Ninepaw - what is C25k? You said it is running? I would think about running, would like to, but it is so hot around here lately, so humid and near 90...afraid I might pass out...those fries sound amazing to me, haha ...just forget about it and move on ...you can get those two pounds off in no time ...dont beat yourself up about it ...

Sorry I was MIA all weekend...had alot to do, cleaned house all day yesterday and was so tired last night, slept like a rock...didnt wake up once all night ...that tells me I should exercise more.

Hi Arabella and Auntie G !!!

Hope everyone has a great day !

Carri

ninepaw
06-01-2010, 10:05 PM
More 252 this morning. *sigh* At this rate I'll be moving my ticker up tomorrow. Bummer! :(

Carri, C25K is a running program. It stands for the Couch-2-5K program, to train non-runners how to run by building up your stamina for it over the span of about 9 weeks, basically to get you to the point of running a 5k or for 30 minutes straight. It uses intervals of walking/jogging to get you used to it. It's a really great program from what I can tell, a lot of girls on here rave about how wonderful it is, so I figured I would give it a shot!

Satine
06-02-2010, 10:24 AM
Morning everyone...wanted to stay in bed forever this morning, it was dark, rainy, and thunder was all around...but I did have to get up and go to work anyhow :( Feeling bloated this morning...had some sesame seeds on a bun and they really did a number on my stomach and digestive system, might not be having those again ...I guess it could have also been all the seeds on the outside of the strawberries I ate last night. Our friends have a TON of fresh strawberries right now in their garden and we are reaping all the benefits, they are SO good ...last night I mixed them with fresh pineapple for my last snack. I have a last snack at 8:00 ...and dont ever eat past 8:30 ...works for me.

Dh wants me to join his gym, I am on the fence at the moment - mainly for financial reasons...plus I dont like to work out in front of people, never have felt comfortable at the gym.

Ninepaw - sorry you seem to be stuck at 252 ...how is your carb intake? maybe you should try lowering it, or lowering your calories that you have a day? How many are you currently having? Or do you follow some other plan?
Good luck with the running. I dont care to run unless being chased, haha

Well everyone have a good day ...

Later,
Carri

Rtsmme4life
06-02-2010, 01:12 PM
Thank you for suggesting this group Satine everyone seems so encouraging and thats exactly what I need right now! I am a little over 2 weeks into my journey and still trying to get my diet the way I want. With two little boys and one big one (lol) always hungry its been hard to say no but I have been! Lots of fresh fruit and lowering my calories-hope it works! Working out 5-6 days a week to the biggest loser dvds as well...wish me luck! :wave:

Satine
06-02-2010, 02:17 PM
yay !! glad that you came over to join us ...I know it must be harder with 2 little boys ...I dont have any children but I do have one of the big boys you talk about, haha ...I am 36 years old, live in Indiana and work for an insurance company.

I am following a strict low calorie diet and I count everything I put in my mouth, I have an app on my Iphone called Lose It and it really helps to keep me in check. Right now I am having about 1430 cals per day ...before when I was 235 I was having close to 1500...so it drops it down for you as you lose weight, yeah at first I was very hungry and not doing so well, but now at 10 weeks in ( exactly today ) I am feeling really good about myself and my 22 pds down...I have been losing a little over 2 pds per week, which I am very happy about.

What is your first name ? and WELCOME !!

Carri ( aka Satine )
haha

Rtsmme4life
06-02-2010, 07:48 PM
Hi I am Melanie! I will have to check that app out! My two boys def keep me busy especially since summer just started. I have lost 2 pounds in 2 weeks which is a lot less than what I thought I was going to lose. I have cut the amount of food I eat A LOT and now exercise 5-6 times a week (at least 30 mins each). I just don't know what to do to jump start this weight loss. I used to eat any and everything and NEVER exercised so I thought these new changes would help :( I would love any advice. Thanks!

Melanie

Rtsmme4life
06-02-2010, 09:55 PM
I just got in from taking a walk/jog around the block with my little family. Then I played some football and ran around the yard chasing my boys :) I bought a pedometer today and just the walk and football I got over a mile done! It feels good to run around with my kids :)

The only downside is I came in and weighed myself and it says I gained 3 pounds in 5 hours! Don't know how that happened since I ate healthy all day and just drank water....the scale and I are not friends HaHa
Hope everyone had a great day!

Melanie

ninepaw
06-03-2010, 04:51 AM
Welcome Melanie! :wave:

Don't get discouraged when you weigh in at the end of the day after eercise. Change is not instantaneous, and you have to remember that there are lots of factors to consider when you weigh in the middle of the day, such as if you'd eaten, if you were wearing clothes, fluid you may have drunk... All sorts of things. It's best to weigh in in the morning once everything has had a chance to settle down. :)

Rtsmme4life
06-03-2010, 09:28 AM
Thank you for the welcome :) I think I am just going to weigh myself once a week or every 2 bc it def puts a damper on my mood when the number goes up not down lol It's great to talk to women who are right there in the same boat with me, thank you for the support!

Satine
06-03-2010, 10:17 AM
Morning All

Yeah on the weigh in thing, I definitely wouldnt do it at the end of the day...I only weigh in first thing in the morning...and try to only do a couple of times a week or else I get discouraged...like this morning I weighed and it should be up a pound, now I know that isnt true, but the body does fluctuate so I am not gonna panic, just not gonna weigh in again until sat or sunday...It could be that my meal last night was salty, and I think it was, so I am probably holding some extra water, who knows...not gonna let it bother me though

Okay, girls - have a great OP day and stay strong, remember we are trying to get to Onederland this year !!!

Carri

Rtsmme4life
06-03-2010, 10:04 PM
I love the LOSEIT! app! I have stayed below my calorie count and worked out today. But I feel SOOO guilty right now for eating ice cream a few mins ago...it was lowfat but I still feel really bad. But it's a lesson learned and I'm still 209 under my calorie count, I will work extra hard tmw! Hope everyone had a great night!

Satine
06-04-2010, 10:16 AM
Morning Girls - so you know what? I think I am gonna challenge myself, starting today, to not get on the scale for two whole weeks...and then see how much I have lost ...I try to do it only once a week but lately have been getting on every other day and sometimes that discourages me...so it is my "no peaking on scale" challenge ....so starting with today I guess that means I can weigh in next on 6/18 ....if you wanna join me let me know, I think it will be cool to see a bigger loss over two weeks :)

Melanie - dont you ? I do too, that Lose It app is what has kept me going the last few weeks...I LOVE it ...I imput my info and then know exactly all day how many more calories I can have...it is a great tool...and the more you lose the more it adjusts your calories...when I first started at 235 I could have 1490 and now at 213 I can have 1420 ....that greatly helps too in the weightloss process...glad you like it too

Diana - I just noticed you posted yesterday at 4:51 am, geez that is early....where are you located? or are you a morning person? Hope your scale shows you breaking the 250 again !! :hug:

Arabella and Auntie G - get back on here, I miss you both ...:cry:

Have a great weekend all if I dont get back on here - dont eat anything I wouldnt eat, haha :D

Later,
Carri

ninepaw
06-04-2010, 01:48 PM
Hello chickies! :D

Carri - :lol: No, I'm not a morning person at all! I live in California, so for me that was 1:51 AM. I just stay up late! ;)

Afte being 251 yesterday, I weighed in today at 250! :rolleyes: Silly fluctuations! I saw 249 flash for a moment... I want THAT to stick, dangit! :lol: All set to do W1D3 of C25K soon. Yay!

Satine
06-04-2010, 01:51 PM
I just had french fries from a pub with my sandwhich at lunch ...I havent had anything fried in months so I feel like total crap ...and I feel guilty and feel like I have ruined my whole day .....SABOTAGE !! I will have to work out tomorrow to counter act the calories and shame, haha

Diana - I love CA ...we have went the last two years to stay with friends in Lemoore ( I think that is how it is spelled )...this year we are going to FL though ....so I will miss CA this year ...

Rtsmme4life
06-04-2010, 02:36 PM
According to the app I get 1713 calories a day which isnt hard to follow unless we eat out...which we havent been doing nearly as much since I started this journey May 19th. I didnt start getting my diet in check until June 1st and I can feel myself not eating as much and feeling full faster! We are going to look at a treadmill tmw so hopefully I like it. I have been trying for 2 days to start the C25K but my kids have not been cooperating. I hope the treadmill will let me get this program started...plus its been sooo hot here! Hope everyone is staying on track and has a great weekend!

Melanie

Rtsmme4life
06-04-2010, 02:47 PM
Oh and Carri I decided a few days ago I am not weighing/measuring myself until June 9th....all I can do is hope for change bc there hasnt been any yet :(

Rtsmme4life
06-05-2010, 10:56 PM
Hope everyone had a great day!

Satine
06-09-2010, 10:14 AM
Morning All, didnt have a great weekend food wise, pretty much stayed off diet from Friday night through Sunday, dont DARE weigh myself for about a week or so, haha ...that is the first time I have done that since I started back on seriously at the end of March so I dont feel too bad about it...but with vacation coming up in August just feel like I have wasted time...but I go on !!!:D

Melanie - I am surprised that you can have that many calories with the app...they got me at 1427...did you put you wanted to lose 1 pd a week or 2? I didnt peak at my weight, gonna try and not look until when I said, cant remember now, but anyway I hope it makes a better loss for me

Diana - how are you doing? How is the running program going ?

I was off work Monday and yesterday, not feeling well but did stay on program which is hard since I was at home where all the food is,, haha

HOpe everyone is having a good day

Later,
Carri

Rtsmme4life
06-09-2010, 02:09 PM
I weighed myself today (the first time in 2 weeks) and I am down to 231.6 so I lost 4 pounds in 2 weeks! :carrot: I have stayed on track even though the workouts are starting to get boring.
Satine: I have it set to lose 2 pounds a week,I guess I get more since I am almost 5'10... Since I lost 4 pounds they bumped me down to 1,691 but I'm cool with it as long as I keep losing weight!
I really didn't think I would lose any weight since I had a bad night last night...let just say it involved lasagna and wine LOL
Hope everyone is doing well!
I just bought Jillians 30 day shred so I will start it today or tmw....
It's so hard not to weigh myself for two weeks ahhhhh!

Melanie

Satine
06-09-2010, 02:18 PM
woohoo, congrats on the weightloss ...that is what I am hoping for too, by not weighing myself all of the time that I will see a better loss...it does kind of drive me crazy though to see the scale every morning and not step on it, probably gonna have to hide it in the spare bathroom for a while...

Let me know how you like the Jillians shred ...I havent heard much about it...I am glad she has her show on for a while since we have no Biggest Loser until Sept ...so many things to love about Fall, cooler weather and the new shows are on...haha

Rtsmme4life
06-09-2010, 02:35 PM
I will def let you know! I am going to start the shred tmw and probably just do a day of C25K today.
I hope you are feeling better!

ninepaw
06-10-2010, 03:26 AM
Hey guys! Just popping in for a quick update...

C25K is going well, I'm planning on doing W2D2 tomorrow evening, so that should be fun! Also, on Monday I started a yoga class at my school, which will be four days a week, two hours a day for the next six weeks! I can't really say I'm a fan of it at this point in time, but maybe it'll grow on me or something. :rolleyes:

Weight has been a jerk. Thinking I'll use the net several days while I'm house sitting to take a break from the scale and try to focus on other things. This will either work to my advantage, or be a terrible idea. Only time will tell!

And that's pretty much me right now! Glad to see you guys seem to be doing well for the most part. :)

Satine
06-10-2010, 10:19 AM
Morning Girls - I had another rough night last night, had alot of pasta and bread for dinner ...feeling bloated and just blah today ....back on straight and narrow today and ....drum roll please ....I am going to join my husbands gym today or tomorrow ...yes, I am gonna exercise, haha

still havent weighed myself ....too scared to now

Diana - my friend owns her own yoga studio and wants me to come and check out a class or two for beginners...I may do that soon just for something different, I hear it is pretty hard.

Melanie - Hi !

Later,
Carri

Rtsmme4life
06-10-2010, 02:16 PM
Diana- Good luck with the yoga!
Carri-Let me know how the gym goes bc I have been thinking of joining Curves or a gym just to get some variety.
I started Jillians 30 day shred today and its pretty hard. I hope to get some good results from it though...if not then its off to the gym! I am having my boys big birthday party July 17th and want to lose some weight by then bc I will see family I only see once a year lol
Hope everyone has a great day!

Satine
06-13-2010, 07:58 PM
Boy have I had a HORRIBLE week and weekend as far as eating goes...I would really, really hate to weigh myself, I feel at least 3-5 up with bloat ...I really hate to admit this but last night I over ate SO much that I actually threw up from being so full, my stomach was killing me ...when I was laying there in bed with horrible pain from the cramps of over eating I just kept thinking how stupid it was and how well I was doing ...I did join the gym so going to get over there tomorrow and get my butt back in gear ...I just have to write it off as a bad week and move on ...just feel bad ...

Hope the rest of you are doing better.

Take care.

Carri

Rtsmme4life
06-14-2010, 01:57 PM
Hope you have a great week carri! I was able to brisk walk a mile today which is better than nothing I guess. I am still feeling bad from this sinus & ear infection :( But any exercise is better than no exercise to me!

Satine
06-15-2010, 10:12 AM
Good Morning ...well after my bad week I was back on the straight and narrow yesterday ...it was pretty hard after having a week of just eating what I wanted and not having to calculate every single little calorie, ughhhh...but I obviously feel better, no bloating or really bad heartburn every night from over eating.

Melanie - yes, any exercise is better than nothing, so good for you ...keep it up...how goes the eating and calorie counting part?

Hi Diana - how is it going with you ?

I miss my Arabella and Auntie G !!!!! :hug:

Hope you all have a great day, make a decision to stay on plan today and make yourself proud ...

Carri

Rtsmme4life
06-15-2010, 10:07 PM
I am def back on track today! I still dont feel the best but just couldnt take a third day off!
Carri- I am IN LOVE with the Lose It! App!!! I take it everywhere I go (iPod Touch) and count everything that goes in my mouth...we will see if it's worth it tmw when I weigh in. I decided to do it once a week instead of every 2 :)

ninepaw
06-15-2010, 10:40 PM
Glad to see you all hanging in there!

Things with me are going alright. C25K got stalled for a good five days because I was house/dog sittingfor someone I know, and I don't know her neighboorhood that well to navigate it. Plus, there were hills... No thank you!

During that time I also didn't have access to a scale, which was just infuriating, since I'm a compulsive weigher in the mornings... :lol: But somehow I got through it, and this morning when I finally was home in the morning I hopped right back on my trusty scale, and I weigh 248! Hooray! That's also what I weighed on Thursday before I went to house sit, so I'm very happy about that. :)

Planning on restarting week two of my running after I finish my snack right now... Cashews. Yum. ;) Hopefully I don't die or something... :lol:

Rtsmme4life
06-15-2010, 10:58 PM
Diana- Glad things are going well for you!

Rtsmme4life
06-16-2010, 09:52 AM
Well ladies I did my weigh in this morning and I am at 229.2!!!! :carrot: Wish I kept track of my weight before this so I knew when the last time I was at this weight was! So I lost 2.4 pounds in a week :) I really hope I can keep up the 2 pound loss a week for awhile...My brother,sis in law and nephew are suppose to come in from alaska (he is in the army) to visit in late July. I have not seen them in a year and want to be down some more weight before they see me! (I cant see a big difference but the scale says there is one lol) Hope everyone has a great day! :yay:
P.S. I can't wait until I get my ticker in hopefully 4 days!

Satine
06-16-2010, 10:33 AM
Melanie - Congrats on the 2.4 loss, great job ...I really do know that the Lose It app works if you stick to it ...just seeing how much you have eaten and exactly how much more you can have is a great tool...keep up the good work. :carrot:

Diana - yay ! you got under 250 ...now you are well on your way of getting under 240 ...I try to look at it in 10 pound increments, otherwise it is too difficult to imagine, haha

I have now been back on faithfully for two days since my big week long eat-a-thon and finally had the nerve to get on the scale ...so here it is ...I was up 2 pds ...which honestly, I thought it would be more so not too disappointed...but I did waste a week that I would have been down another
2 pds ...having a good lunch today ...a brat I cooked at home last night and some cottage cheese, a good low carb, high protein lunch ...only 380 cals too ...should keep me going here at work all afternoon ...

Well you all have a good day !!

Later,
Carri

Satine
06-21-2010, 10:10 AM
Morning All ...I had a so so weekend...could have done better, could have done worse...I did have a pce of the most delicious carrott cake though...so good ...bought at Marsh of all places....

Gonna try and get to the gym tonight and work off the carrott cake, haha

How are the rest of you doing?

Carri

Rtsmme4life
06-21-2010, 09:33 PM
I had a pretty bad fri and sat...went to a grad party and there was cake and pizza everywhere! I gave in and had some :X But I also had alot of fruit. I am weighing in on wed so wish me luck,I really hope I lost the 2 pounds I'm looking for! Hope everyone has a great week ( I got back on track today!)

Satine
06-22-2010, 10:16 AM
Morning All, had a bad night last night...actually ate a Milky Way I found and then hid the wrapper from the dh...I need help, haha

Gonna go to the gym tonight and get my exercise on though, that will help me work off the milky way hopefully.

Hope the rest of you are doing well...
Carri

sept15lija
06-22-2010, 07:35 PM
Hey all!

It's been a long time since I've posted on this thread but hoped I could join back up, I see a couple of familiar faces!

I had a baby girl in January, so I am back on the weight loss bandwagon....and I need support and accountability! I'm starting back at my pre-pregnancy weight so it could be worse I suppose. Anyhow mindful eating (mostly calorie counting) and upping my exercise are my game plan. Thanks!!

Liz :)

Rtsmme4life
06-22-2010, 08:15 PM
Hi Liz its nice to meet you!
Hope everyone is having a great week,I am doing my weigh in tmw morning. After a bad fri and sat I am hope to at least maintain though losing would keep my spirits up! After a little over a month on this journey & I am starting to feel like I'm losing steam with my workouts but staying under my calories! Any imput on how you keep things fun and interesting would be great!
Melanie

Satine
06-23-2010, 10:15 AM
Morning All ...I am so sore today, I think I over did it at the gym last night...but dh says I need to go back tonight and work the soreness out, I thought I was going to take the day off :D I do want to work out about every other day and not every day but I will appease him tonight I guess...just proud of myself for actually going.

I havent weighed myself since last week...going to wait until Sunday or so and see how I am doing.

Liz - Yes I remember you, welcome back..glad to have you :hug: We need more regulars on here. I am also just doing the calorie counting ( about 1450 a day ) and exercising ...

Melanie - Good luck on the weigh in tomorrow ...hmmm something more fun and interesting, what are you doing now just dvds? Do you have the ablility to get to some classes? I hear zumba is fun...I know you can also get those on dvd's ...I know for me I like to get outside some days and then other days do the dvds inside...

Diana - Hi there :)

Hope you all have a great day...

Carri

Rtsmme4life
06-23-2010, 11:18 AM
I weighed in this morning and was 228.6...I didn't even lose a whole pound :( I have stayed under my calories and worked out. I am blaming it on TOM since it started yesterday (whatever excuse keeps me happy lol). I hope next week will be better.

Carri- I do the dvds sometimes,alot of treadmill. I try to do things outside but with the heat advisory I will pass today lol. Good luck at the gym,I am thinking of joining the YMCA but I have to wait to see how DH work schedule will be.

Rtsmme4life
06-23-2010, 11:33 AM
On a good note I finally got my signature! Yay!

ninepaw
06-23-2010, 01:58 PM
Welcome back, Liz! :)

Hi everyoneeee, thought I'd check in on you guys. ;) Seems like you're all hanging in there pretty well!

I hit my two month mark two days ago, and I've lost 20 pounds! :yay: I feel really, really great about this. :) And I am SO CLOSE to my mini goal, it's insane! Just ONE POUND! Which, I did weigh 245 yesterday... But you know me and my Wednesdays! ;) And I was back up to 246 this morning. I blame TOM, though it should be leaving soon. Yay for that! :lol:

Keep moving forward, girls! It will all be worth it in the end!

sept15lija
06-23-2010, 03:41 PM
Melanie - Hey TOM is a real excuse, so don't feel bad using it! :) If you stayed at your calories and exercised, you did everything right. Hey and every fraction of a pound counts. Thanks for the welcome!

Carri - Thanks! Good for you for going to the gym again (or planning to) despite soreness....exercise is a big thing for me now in terms of motivation. I just don't have any.

ninepaw - YAY, congrats!! That's a wonderful accomplishment for only two months!! :carrot::carrot:

As for me, I am trying to decide on a weigh in day, I think it will be Fridays. I don't know why but there you go. I weigh every day currently which isn't good. I need to be careful too because I am breastfeeding, so I can't lose weight too quickly. Hope everybody has a great day!

Satine
06-24-2010, 10:18 AM
Morning everyone ....I had a good OP day yesterday, so feel good about that...tonight is a gym night since I am going every other day, or trying to, so that will hopefully knock off the extra 2 pds I gained last week ...

Liz - you need to post a pic of your baby girl, your son is so adorable I am sure she is too. :) I also like to weigh in on Fridays...before the weekend, when I might mess up a little.

Diana - glad to see you back on here...congrats on the 20 pds...you have done great...with my two pound gain I am also back at 20 pds gone and I know it feels great...keep it up and you are going to be under 200 in no time...

Melanie - yeah the heat is horrible here too ...it was 95 yesterday and felt like over 100, so I dont do anything outside either ...where are you located? I am in good ol' Indiana ...

As you can see above to Melanie it has been so hot here lately that it has actually taken away my energy and given me humidity headaches, haha...hard to adjust to 90 degree weather daily and our humidity is just awful right now. Hope you guys are cooler where you are.

Also last night we came home and our freezer in our garage was off...the breaker was off...I lost about 200.00 worth of meat and food...so all last night I was upset about that....what a waste, all that money down the drain...

Have a good one.
Carri

Rtsmme4life
06-24-2010, 10:21 AM
Well ladies bodies work in crazy ways...I woke up this morning and was 226.4! I'm hoping I was just as bloated as I felt yesterday...darn TOM! Hope this isnt TMI for anyone :)

Rtsmme4life
06-24-2010, 10:22 AM
Carri- I am in upper Ky...did you get hit by all those storms last night?

Satine
06-24-2010, 10:22 AM
haha, no it is not TMI, I am always talking about my TOM on here ....

Satine
06-24-2010, 10:23 AM
yes, I did....it is hard to sleep with all that lightening going on all night ...but we have been bombarded with storms for the last week and a ton of flooding

Rtsmme4life
06-24-2010, 10:28 AM
Hopefully we can get a break from the storms but we def arent getting a break from the heat...its bad when you have to get up at 9am to mow the lawn :(

I never asked you how tall you are?

sept15lija
06-24-2010, 02:53 PM
Yes it is so hot!! We have our A/C going all the time, I can't wait for the bill. :rolleyes: We were supposed to get hit with a thunderstorm last night, but I didn't hear anything, and I probably would have, since I was up with litttle miss Katie most of the night!

Carri - I'd be happy to post a pic!! Here's a recent one in her stroller at the park:

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn251/sept15lija/100_7984.jpg

Rtsmme4life
06-24-2010, 05:07 PM
Both your kids are gorgeous!!!

707Goddess
06-24-2010, 05:12 PM
Can I join this thread ?? My biggest goal in life right now is to hit 199 :)
Im Michelle SAHM my youngest is 3 and im eating whole foods counting cal's
Im starting the 30 day shread tomorrow and I do zumba on tues and thurs nights

sept15lija
06-24-2010, 06:16 PM
Melanie - Thanks! I should post an updated pic of my son, that pic in my avatar is from so long ago now!

Michelle - Welcome - onederland is definitely my biggest destination right now! What is the 30 day shread?

Rtsmme4life
06-24-2010, 06:36 PM
Welcome michelle!! Good luck on your journey!

Liz- I think she is talking about Jillian Michaels 30 day shred...its one of her workout dvds. I have it, did a few days of it and didnt care for it. But I need to try it again when my knee feels better (darn jumping jacks! lol)

sept15lija
06-25-2010, 06:41 AM
Aahh! I do like Jillian Michaels. I have a workout tape I like (yes it's a tape, it's old! lol) and I tried it a week ago and my ankle got quite sore....so out of shape. Oh well slowly but surely, right??

Well I weighed in and I'm 231.4, so 1.6 down, so yay! I know it's the beginning so that's why it's coming off quickly.