Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 04-20-2009, 12:35 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/181.5/140

Height: 5'9"

Default 10 pounds gone :)

Well just as the subject says, I'm officially down 10 lbs

Pretty soon, I'm going to be in uncharted waters. I've never lost more than 15 lbs before, so that scares me a bit. But then again, I've never been 40 lbs overweight before either. It's going to be a long road, but I can't wait to start feeling better about myself again.

I think after I lose the next 10, I'm going to treat myself to a pedicure and manicure It's been about 2 years since the last time

Some other things that I can't wait for:

-My wedding ring fitting properly again! Right now, my fat bulges around the band. Not cute!

-Having confidence again

-People not mistaking me for being pregnant

-Being able to enjoy shopping - and not just for shoes!

-Being a sexy wife for my DH. I'm pretty certain this is all in my head, but as of now, I feel so incredibly frumpy, and I feel like my hubby deserves better. I don't think I'd be proud to show me off to his friends if I were him...

-Not hiding when family photos are being taken

-Being able to walk up a slight incline or stairs without feeling winded

-Did I already say having confidence? :P

So there we have it, I'm sure I'm missing a ton of things, but the mind is exhausted. And again, I have to say that this forum has been a HUGE help already. It's reassuring to know that other people are going through the same struggles that I am. Reading about everyone's successes, and even the mistakes makes it clear that yes, it IS possible to reach my final goal, and also yes, we ARE human, so there will be bumps along the way. Just have to keep going.
Biddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 12:51 PM   #2  

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good job, keep up the hard work!
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 01:03 PM   #3  
Right foot, left foot ...

S/C/G: 285.4/262/170

Height: 5'11"

Good for you! Those things you listed are such great motivators. Keep going!
chickiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 01:40 PM   #4  
On my way to a new me!

S/C/G: 205/168/145

Height: 5'6 ~ 44

congrats, you will be at goal weight before you know it, but i think the pedicure and manicure will be a great incentive for 20lbs gone
Savora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 01:57 PM   #5  
Do it. Be Proud.

S/C/G: 250/see ticker~>/130

Height: 5'3.5

That is excellent. What have you been doing differently now that has made such a difference?
Reddalice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 02:53 PM   #6  

As far as my eating plan, I've been loosely following the South Beach Diet plan. I've read the book, and I realize it's supposed to be more of a "lifestyle" eating plan, but as of right now I just needed to have some rules to follow. Without rules, I'm an absolute mess....so I'll need to start working on that issue if I want to keep the weight off.

The reason I say "loosely", is that if I am really wanting to have a sandwich, I'll make one. Or some pasta, I'll go for that too - but I'm keeping these things limited. I've done the SBD in the past, and that's how I managed to lose the 15 lbs when I was a smaller person, but I completely fell off the wagon when I had to make the jump from phase 1 (ultra restrictive on carbs), to phase 2 (allows the good-carbs). So this time around I'm doing my own version of PH1 and PH2 combined.

On top of that, I am drinking an obscene amount of water. In the past, I would rarely ever drink a glass of water. I'm talking maybe a glass a week, if that. Now I'm probably drinking at least 10-16 8 oz glasses while I'm at work, and then some more at home. I'm sure that is much more water than needed as I have a desk job, not exerting any energy at all, but it keeps my hands and mouth busy.

As far as exercise goes, I tried to start jogging again, but I had some negative side effects which I think I need to see my doctor about. I made a post about it in the exercise forum, but I'm too new to post links. With that said, I recently ordered a Gazelle from the recommendations on this site, and it just came on Saturday. It's essentially no-impact, so I'm hoping that will give me the workout I need. Now I just need to assemble the damn thing.

For now, there are many foods I won't even look at (candy, cakes, chips, yummy snacks, etc) as I can't trust myself around them yet. Easter was a great reminder of that One thing about this though - if I am absolutely DYING for a certain food/meal, I have it. I've always been one of those people to think that since I ruined one meal, the whole day is shot and then I just go crazy with food. I've had to work on this, and thankfully this time around that ugly beast hasn't come roaring in yet And honestly, I don't think it will. The fact that I feel in control of that mental issue gives me a lot of hope.

So that's basically been my battle plan so far

Sorry this got soooo long.

Last edited by Biddy; 04-20-2009 at 02:55 PM.
Old 04-20-2009, 03:24 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 262.5/249/135

Height: 5'4

A trick I've used in the past...for every 10 lbs I lose I buy a new pair of earrings.

The fit no matter how much I lose/gain. They are inexpensive. And I get the big ones that really draw attention to my smiling face!

Oh, did I mention that today makes 10 lbs for me too!...off to Target!
amkenkent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 04:07 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by amkenkent View Post
A trick I've used in the past...for every 10 lbs I lose I buy a new pair of earrings.

The fit no matter how much I lose/gain. They are inexpensive. And I get the big ones that really draw attention to my smiling face!

Oh, did I mention that today makes 10 lbs for me too!...off to Target!
Big congrats!!! That's a great idea about the earrings Unfortunately, I always seem to lose the backing, or i pop a full earring out which is then never to be seen again. I'll just have to think of something I can do every 10 lbs that is user-friendly for me
Old 04-20-2009, 04:21 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/155

Height: 5' 4"

Congratulations! I love the idea of milestone rewards. Work for that pedicure!

NicoleDiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 08:45 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 178/171//155

Height: 5'6"

Congratulations on your ten lbs! How long did it take? Keep up the good work! I am trying to lose 15 in about 6 weeks. It's TOUGH!
alauramarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 08:49 PM   #11  
Starting to Get It!

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/120

Height: 5'4"

Great Job! Biddy you are awesome.
AmberE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 07:26 PM   #12  
Gaining Attitude

S/C/G: 205 / 193 / 145

Height: 5'5

Great going! I'm hopefully right behind you! One more pound...and I have never in my life just lost weight by taking control and facing reality and eating healthy. Always before it's been diet pills or starvation. It feels great doesn't it. CONGRATS TO YOU!
bobblefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 12:51 PM   #13  

Congrats on your weight loss also, bobblefrog! It's exciting (and encouraging) seeing the numbers drop, isn't it?

As weird as this is, I'm actually enjoying trying to lose weight this time around. It's definitely not the new foods and exercise, because honestly, I think I will always be a hamburger and pizza type of girl. But it feels like I've been dared to do something about the weight, and now I have to step up and show myself that I can actually lose it. If that makes no sense, I'm sorry. I'm horrible with words

With that said, I'm still hovering around the same weight. I actually went up .5 this week, but aunt flo is visiting so I'm happy it's only that amount (if TMI, I apologize!)

My pants were fitting a tad bit looser today also!! That made me happier than anything else. Up until today, I've definitely looked less BLOATED, but everything has still been as tight as ever.
Old 04-22-2009, 02:05 PM   #14  
On a journey

S/C/G: 376/we'll see/180

Height: 5'2"

I, too, just hit the 10lb mark. It feels great and give me stamina for the next 10!

Congratulations!
NorCal Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 04:21 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 249/210/165

Height: 5'6"

Congrats to you all! Here's to many more lbs lost and feeling great!
QuadLuvinGurl is offline   Reply With Quote