Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-20-2009, 12:01 PM   #1  
Blessed by the Best

S/C/G: 242/220/160

Height: 5"7

Unhappy What's wrong with me......!!!! OMG

This will be my third time loosing the weight....every time I've lost weight...I get excited, my husand get really excited and the hormones get kicked back into gear because I've gotten a energy boost...and then POOP...I'm pregnant again...and the weight comes back...So this time I have been steady and when I lost the first 20 lbs after having my last baby I was like WOOHOO, then I stopped loosing when my husband left for Africa. Stress went up..I can say that this time I didn't gain any back either..I've stayed the same. I feel that I have more control over my emotional eating this round. But when I look at the scale it's like okay I've been looking at this number for two weeks now...I wanna see a different didget. i got a gym membership that's not being used.. A elliptical in my livingroom with dust on it, and ab lounge under my bed, workout videos. My husband is a health nut who buys any everything for me to use in order reach my weight goal. He's the freaking Command Fitness Coordinator... I have no excuses...It's just me....What's wrong with me..? Why can't I get my a** in gear ?
NavyWife4Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 12:05 PM   #2  
XOXO

S/C/G: 268/249/145

Height: 5'4"

I guess my question would be, why do you want to lose weight? Once you decide that, then you will move forward with conviction and a commitment that will force you to get your a** in gear. What happened to me is long and drawn out, but the point for me was I was sick and tired of being a fat a** letting my life pass me by and if I didn't do something NOW then I was gonna be dead at 35 from God knows what. So, I had to commit to myself that this time was the last time and I am going to be successful no matter what.
Devsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 12:08 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

There's nothing wrong with you that hasn't been wrong with almost everybody here. All you need is a little friendly support.

Why don't you join one of the challenges in "Chicks up for a Challenge"?
I belong to this one ... http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=167428 ... all we're doing is hanging in until summer. We encourage each other to just stay even close to plan for another day, another week.

For you it could be something as simple as hopping on that eliptical for 10 minutes a day. I know you can do that. Now all we have to do is convince you that you can.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 12:22 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Height: 5'8"

Im a Navy wife to!!! I could have written your post.

My husband and I were stationed in Oceana a few yrs ago, been in Va long?
willow650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 12:23 PM   #5  
No description available.

Hello!!!!

You are human. That's okay!!! Part of the journey is figuring out what works for each one of us.

I find that planning is very helpful. When I make sure I have the foods available and planned out, I do better than flying by the seat of my pants. When I make a commitment to exercise at such & such a time or with such & such a person, I am more likely to do it than if I just say "I'll do it sometime."

You'll get lots of good advice and support here, but the main thing is to just up and do it. Put your shoes on, you know what to do! ( <------ that's your DH!!)
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 12:38 PM   #6  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

What's wrong with you? The same thing that's been "wrong" with all of us at one time or another.

I think in order for successful, steady, consistent long term weight loss to occur, you've got to really, really want it, really, really badly. Badly enough that you DECIDE to do it and then be WILLING to do what is necessary to lose the weight and keep it off.

Like Midwife, I find planning to be ESSENTIAL. The weight won't fall off all by it's lonesome. You've got to devise a plan and stick with that plan. Track your calories (forced portion control and accountability), map out your food schedule IN ADVANCE, stock your home with healthy foods, get rid of the junk. Pencil in exercise. Make it a non-negotiable priority.

And very important - get EXCITED about the changes that you are about to make. Don't dread eating well and exercising. Become excited about it. Get into it. Because once you do get into it and stick with it, you WILL see results and look and feel fabulous. And then you will wonder why the heck you took so long to do it.

Stick around here at 3FC. Lots of great information and support.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 12:46 PM   #7  
Blessed by the Best

I do have my moments when I'm excited about loosing weight and I'm gung ho ready to go..but it's like I'll run out of gas a month into it...I'm tired and have no energy...I'm drinking green tea instead off coffee I'm taking b12 tablets. anyone got any other ideas of what I could do for energy
Old 04-20-2009, 12:54 PM   #8  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

What's your typical day's food intake look like? Can you post what you eat on a typical day? (To try to answer the energy question.)

Last edited by DCHound; 04-20-2009 at 12:55 PM.
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 01:31 PM   #9  

Height: 5'6.5

Start the C25K running program! Or just make daily fitness goals rather then thinking about the big picture. Go to bed knowing what you are going to do the next day for exercise.
I really have a hard time staying on a plan and am having problems getting back into it....but I am getting better only thinking about the next day rather then a long term goal!
So tomorrow, dust off that exercise equipment!
JamieJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 02:36 PM   #10  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

I know you've probably heard it before...but exercise will give you energy...and you might be sayin 'but how do I exercise when I don't have ANY energy'...and the thing is, you just have to start doing it. Like someone said, start with even 10 min. a day on that elliptical. Or one of those exercise tape/DVD's. Is there someone at the gym that can go over things with you, make a program for you?
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 03:28 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 262.5/249/135

Height: 5'4

Why don't you have energy? You have 3 kids! Man, those suckers suck it right out of you! But it really is true that once you get started that the exercise will give you energy. But you have to get over the initial hump.

The best thing I ever did was join a gym that had free daycare. At least I had some "me time" each day. Even if it is on an elliptical!
amkenkent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 06:52 PM   #12  
live, laugh, love

S/C/G: 265/202/160

Height: 5'5

hi,

its very hard when you have children, i know, i have 4, and like you my hubby is gone allthe time with the miltary. When i first started out,i would only be able to go on the epitical for 10 minutes, and its true..force yourself on it..you will have more energy. i tell myself, if i can sit there watching tv, i can get on the eleptical. if doing it while watching a favorite program, it will be easierandthe timewill fly by faster.

i dont know what your eating, but try to eat 6small meals a day(yes i know its easier said then done)to keep the energy level up. also after you work out, have protien. and dont try to excersise on a empty stomach.

i have been a yo yo dieter for years, but this time, im not quiting..its my time to kick my fat butt!
canadianangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 11:28 AM   #13  
Blessed by the Best

This is what I had yesterday:

Monday Total Calories: 1501

Gummie Vitamins- 30 ( should vitamins have calories in them...? )

Breakfast:
White Tea- 0
Coco Puff w/ 2% milk- 231

Snack:
Steamed broccoli w/chs- 162

Lunch:
Small salad w/ ranch- 171

Snack:
Grapple- 80

Dinner:
Chicken Lasagna- 330 (Ugh.!!! is that alot ?...It was good though..lol)
side salad w/ranch- 171
Coke zero- 0..lol

Snack:
Gram crackers- 100 cal pak
Fruit snack- 80

FUDGE ROUND- 150 ( It wasn't me...lol, It was the GREMLIN in my tummy...)
Old 04-21-2009, 12:24 PM   #14  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

I'm not a calorie counter, but maybe it would raise your energy level somewhat if you replaced the processed foods (cocoa puffs, and I'm assuming the chicken lasagna was a frozen dinner?) with whole foods, more fruits and vegetables, and more protein. I think the other calorie counters could help you tweak that a bit. I'm on low-carb so I can't advise you as well as they could. I will say though your diet does look to be quite carb-heavy, so maybe replacing some of your carb with protein might both increase your energy level and help kick-start your weightloss...
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 12:32 PM   #15  
Blessed by the Best

Okay I pulled out the elliptical today...and I put on my sneakers...I DID IT..while watching Law and Order...lol and every commercial break I did cruches... I only lasted 20 minutes..but the TV was a nice distraction..It kept me from looking at the time....