Old 04-20-2009, 10:56 AM   #1  
LAWL Salt Police

Default LAWL Friends and Losers - April 20-26

Good morning ladies!!

Happy birthday to me! (Shamless attempt to get attention, sorry)...

But on a related note, I specifically asked for no cake this year.. All the better to resist temptation!

Have a great day all, and remember to be one with your POP!!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 10:58 AM   #2  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

happy birthday dan! hope you have a good day!

hope everyone has a good start to their week.

HI LIZA! good to have you back!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 11:04 AM   #3  
Liza - LAWL since 6/17/07

Height: 5'4"

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAN! Hope you've got something great lined up for the day or at least others do to surprise you! (no cake)

Hi Jill!

Hi Katie too!

I've been thinking about all of you!
lizababe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 11:21 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

Happy Birthday to Dan!!!

Hope everyone had a great weekend. I lost 2.8 pounds which was a big suprise to me. I was hoping for 1 pound. I am hoping that this trend continues. I really want to reach my mini-goals. I have 18 more weeks at LAWL then I am on my own. i am slightly nervous about it, but i know how to stay on plan and I will just have to break down and buy a scale.

I have 6 children. all of which are thin. my husband is a lot like me and has struggled with his weight off and on but he looks great now. The kids (except for the baby) are all playing football this fall and all but one was told to gain weight. I have never not once ever been told to gain weight even as an infant (i have seen the pics) I had the weight to spare. I wish I could pass some of my bulk around to them as they actually need it. My 9 year old weighs the same as the 6 year old (the 6 is the one who does not need to loose). So now I have yet a new obstacle to my weight loss war. I now have to figure out how to put weight on 3/4's of my family. This is going to be an interesting summer to say the least.

I hope every one has a happy and on plan Monday!!!
sweetandspicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 11:34 AM   #5  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Morning everyone!

Dan- You are insane!! Happy birthday anyways.

Amy- Good job!!

Good morning Jillian with only 10 days to go.....

Nicole- HEY!!!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 11:37 AM   #6  
WonderWoman

hey katie-maybe you should send me some labor vibes? hahaha!
Old 04-20-2009, 11:44 AM   #7  

Height: 5'6

Morning all! I had a good weekend food and exercise wise but TOM started today so the scale isn't being too kind. Hopefully see a good loss by Friday thougH!

I had great walks on Saturday and Sunday, really starting to enjoy them. On Sunday I decided to take a longer walk and discovered a trail close by my house....so I followed it...about 10 minutes later I find myself at a lake! What a surprise! Will definitely be walking that trail more often haha...I can't believe I have lived there for a year and have never found this lake...
Kristinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 11:55 AM   #8  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Hi all -

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAN! Good rule on the no-cake thing.

Liza! - good to see you, sorry you've had a tough year, but it sounds like things are looking up now? How is mini-me?

Kristin - I love finding the unexpected in nature. Finding a lake is pretty cool -we have a bird sanctuary in our neighborhood and I've found some cool swampy areas, but no lakes.

Jillian - hope you are feeling better today. You still look great!

Amy - nice picture - it's always so great to finally 'see' someone on here. Great results this weekend!

I did good this weekend, haven't had a WI yet, though. We golfed pretty much all weekend, it was gorgeous out - finally. I still have a bunch of papers to write for my classes, I procrastinated that all weekend, ugh.

Have a great day everyone!
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 12:06 PM   #9  
Amy

Hey guys!

I am so happy to be home. Thanks for all the well wishes. It was a traumatic week to say the least. The husband is away with her family in NY, I think that's where she will be burried. Sooo sad. He is a little unstable to begin with, before all of this. Now he's drinking and completely out of control. He's driven through the garage out back among other things. I am completely terrified of him. I am glad to be home in my own home yet terrified of when he will return.

Jillian- Thanks for your encouragement! I love the description of you under your baby ticker... My mom's as big as a house and has the "runs"... HAHAH!!! Hang in there babe, it's almost over!!! I can't wait to see pics of her and for you to be back!! You're such an inspiration!!!

Liza- welcome back!!

Dan- Happy Birthday!!! It's my sister's bday as well. We're going to a restaurant in town called the Tortilla Press. I will probably look at the menu ahead of time.

I spent the weekend in VA with my in-laws and an upset stomach. The food situation at their house is awful. I was flustered all week because of my neighbor, so I was unable to pack anything. I took my mom and sister with me, and we stopped at McD on the way home. I was so sick... NO MORE!!! I even got a chicken sandwich thinking it was better than a burger.....UGH!

I only managed to be up a 1/2 lb, so back on the wagon!!

Here's to a great week guys!!!!
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 01:08 PM   #10  
Joan

S/C/G: 180/169/155

Height: 5"8

Hey everyone, I am having a better start to my week. I cleaned out my closet this weekend and realized that I ahve lots of clothes that are too big. It made me feel amazing like I can really do this! Today i supposed to be really warm so I am going walking after work. I have to get home in time to watch the Calgary Flames hockey game. I love hockey!

Happy Birthday Dan- I know you aren't having cake but maybe you could treat yourself to a yummy frozen yogurt or something...haha

Jillian You must be so excited that you only have 10 days to go.

Cecilia- how things back on LAWL. Are you glad you went back? I am trying to do it on my own but it sure is alot harder.

Have a great day everyone!
Hoochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 01:14 PM   #11  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

I only wish McDoneeyald's (as 4 yo DS calls it), made me sick.

Liza.....good to have you back. I am sorry things have been such a mess for you. How is DD handling all of it?

Dan, Happy Birthday dear Dan, !!!!!!

Momof6, it's Amy, right? I know I have asked you before, but what ages are your kids? As far as helping them gain weight.......I don't think there is a lot you can really do about it. If you offer them healthy foods, and make them sit down a couple of times a day to eat.....their metabolism really will do what it wants. The trouble with my boys is, I have to pin them down to eat. Dinner is always easy, as we all sit down as a family, but other than that, they are usually too busy to sit down and eat. I wish I had that problem............I am plenty busy.....but I sitll manage to get in an adequate amount of calories.......

Jillian......it is not yet official, but I think my friend beat you to labor. I saw on her FB some congratulations today........but no official word from her yet. Maybe this is the week to have a baby. I will cross my fingers for you

Hi Kim, Cecilia, Joan, JerseyAmy, Katie, and everyone I missed. I am eating healthy so far today........one meal at a a time, baby
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 01:15 PM   #12  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

P.S. Dan, I was going to send you a b-day gift on FB, but the only free one was Zack Effron, and I didn't really think you would like that......

Last edited by Mama Nicole; 04-20-2009 at 01:15 PM.
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 01:23 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

Nicole I am an Amy also. Lots o Amy's....My boys are 13,12,10,9,6 and 1. There coach recommended protein shakes once a day to help build up muscle. Which is fine by me as I have no desire to drink those. I do have the problem with getting them to sit down and eat they prefer to graze however I nix that. They eat breakfast, take a packed lunch, have snack and dinner at home yet they are all really tall and skinny. I can get them to eat all kinds of junk, just problems with the healthy carbs and proteins they obviously need. I will have to figure it out and get a "gain" plan.
sweetandspicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 01:59 PM   #14  

Height: 5'6

Joan, I've been on that schedule too...get home from work, walk and get home in time to settle in for a few hours of hockey....falling asleep to the late game usually (those western conference games tend to start around 11pm my time).

I'm rootin for the Flames, I just wish my Habs would stop breaking my heart this year!
Kristinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 02:51 PM   #15  
WonderWoman

nicole--boo to your friend for going into labor first! oh well. hopefully it'll be my turn soon. (i don't think she'll arrive early though..sucky, but it's just the feeling i get) oh well.

i'll be sure to send an update via my phone when it all happens though!