View Full Version : Weekly Chat: Apr. 20-Apr. 26

Tejas
04-20-2009, 07:42 AM
New Pages!

:grouphug: :gossip:

Tejas
04-20-2009, 07:45 AM
Good Morning, everyone:

I've had my coffee, apple and ww toast and am headed toward reading the morning paper. I better have some water before Vickie wakes up!

I hope we're all full of motivation this week, and if not, that we might find some here.

BBL,
Rhonda

blessedwithsarah
04-20-2009, 09:29 AM
I'm motivated this morning Rhonda!! I've already had 2 large glasses of water. My weight is up still -- but I don't think I've been drinking what I should. I'm tossing the rest of the sweets in the house that I've been eating. Today is a clean out day. I'm going grocery shopping this morning instead of tomorrow as its going to be very, very rainy here. Lots of core foods coming in and I'm going to plan my days.

Hope everyone is getting ready for a good day and week.

beach bum
04-20-2009, 09:42 AM
Good Morning Ladies:)

W-I this morning and I down again from my 170 ticker reading.I down.5 but that a start,after having a eating out meals when my DD & our GK down last week.

Here's to a better OP week to get the scale going down again.

RHONDA-Thanks for the new pages and I motivated this week also. I had my 24 oz of water this morning taking my Osteoporosis pills.

PAULA-Glad to hear the Candy is going out.I was lucky this year Leo & I didn't buy it in the first place. My gain was eating out every day,and you know how restaurants sever there meals H-U-G-E with lots of sauce. I'm starting a new this morning also.

Have a great morning.

coco99
04-20-2009, 10:34 AM
Morning Everyone
Just thought I would get on here for a few.
It is going to be raining off and on today. Right now the sun is trying to shine. But more rain on the way.

BEACHBUM Congrats on the loss. That is great. I didnt buy any candy either for Easter. Because I knew what would happen. Hope you have a good day.

BLESSEDWITHSARAH Hope you have a good on track day.

TEJAS I had a cup of shredded wheat and a apple. I hope I have that motivation this week. And I know if I dont. I can get it here. The support here is wonderful. Have a good day.

Well am going to get off here for now.
Thinking of each of you.
coco

Vickie
04-20-2009, 10:55 AM
WOW! You are all up bright and early. I'm disappointed that I can't go to JC this morning because I show a loss so far. PMS is here and TOM is looming so I hope I can hold on to it until tomorrow afternoon. I have to go get ready for the Doctor soon. I don't even want to go since I have the feeling he's going to say there's nothing wrong or nothing to be done. Sigh.

Rhonda, you sound so positive this morning. I remember how it was while I was waiting to retire. Of course, I was only 48 and I was being forced to go because my job was moving to Texas. By the last month I was jumping out of my skin getting ready to go. It was hard to manager a bunch of people who were losing their jobs. I think I'm still losing some of the weight I gained during that time. You're doing a great job at managing your weight.

Paula, well you sound downright perky! Good for you for getting rid of the rest of the candy. It would be very hard for me if it was still around. I have some Dove dark vacuum sealed (for emergency) and some WW mint patties here still. I haven't had a piece of chocolate since January. Wouldn't you think I'd be down to 150 by now?

Mary Ann, great news that the scale is moving downward. Restaurant eating can be deadly.

Coco, I love my shredded wheat too! I thought of you yesterday while I was doing laundry. I'm so lucky to have a ranch style house. The laundry is on the main floor right off the garage and kitchen. We have a basement but nothing much I need is down there. Let's all have a great week.

Let me tell you all about water. I've been forcing myself to have 10 eight ounce glasses of water a day and I'm convinced that it makes a big difference over the 8 glasses. We are eating a lot of fiber you know.

Gotta run. I'll be back later. Where's Sandra? Sleeping in?:rofl:

Katpo
04-20-2009, 10:57 AM
Good morning! It's a beautiful day here in sunny north Texas! Paula, please keep the rain up there if you can -- we had it last week and I'm so tired of mopping that I could cry. However, I'm counting it as exercise!

My day is all planned out with food. The bag that I brought with me to work looked like it could be enough to feed an army, but I had everything packaged separately. It's actually just pinto beans, FF cheese and sour cream to mix in, then a whole grain pita with Swiss, tomatoes and lt. ranch for a big snack later. Actually I think I'll make one an early lunch and one a mid-afternoon lunch. For snacks I sliced some jalapenos lengthwise, cleaned out the seeds, then filled with lt. cream cheese (some flavor, I think it was the garden vegetable kind) and baked them. I also have a bunch of fruit, applesauce, SF jello ... just stuff to keep me from getting hungry and getting into the vending machines.

I always park as far from the building as I can because I have a new car and people around here don't give a hoot if they ding your car door or not. Today I purposely left things in the car so I'd have to walk back later and get them, which will be 10-15 more minutes of walking. Maybe I'll do it a couple of times!

Weight was stable this morning so that's good. I'm hoping for a really good weigh-in on Thursday. I've made some changes and written them down so I can see them every day. I changed my route to work so that it's more direct, and that way I won't be tempted to stop somewhere for a Coke. I dislike Diet Coke and nobody has Coke Zero in fountain around here, so I would usually get a REAL Coke. That's a big no-no!

WW is over in four weeks and they don't know yet if they'll continue it. They have to have a minimum of 20 people and sometimes in the summer, it's hard to get that many people to commit. I guess we'll see.

Happy day to all!

Katpo
04-20-2009, 11:12 AM
Vickie, we were typing at the same time! Good morning!

The thing about water is so true! I can't believe how the scale moves (like MAGIC!!) when I get it all in, and the more, the better. I don't know about you guys, but sometimes when I think I'm hungry, I'm really not. A big glass of water will fill me up and if I still feel hungry a little later, well then maybe I really was! Most of the time though, I think my body asks for more water than I give it.

As for the restaurant eating, you are so right. No matter what we ask them to do, there's always going to be little added "surprises." They can trim all the fat, and cook with no butter or oil, but the bottom line is that most people wouldn't eat it (talk about BLAND!) so they slip a little in. It's just the sheer nature of the business, unless you are at a place that is specifically dedicated to healthy eating, that they'll have trans fats and unhealthy oils. That's where the delicious ... and bad for us ... taste comes from!

Now having said that, isn't it a lovely feeling to go to a restaurant and have someone else cook it, serve you, and then clean up? I really enjoy eating out and am sad that it's had to be cut back for us, but hopefully it's temporary. Judd is getting a little discouraged because it's only a month until our vacation and he had such high hopes for being down quite a bit by now. He's had to do a whole lot of traveling this spring though and that really sidelines him in the weight loss.

He went to Alaska in February for a trainer installation at Elmendorf AFB, then to New Mexico in March for the same thing. Next base? HAWAII! He leaves four weeks from today, and will work all week. I'll be going on that Thursday, the 21st and then we'll both come back the next Friday, the 29th. I am so excited I can't stand it! We have someone coming to stay at the house and take care of the big dogs (and house) and then the little ones will go to grandma and grandpa's for the week.

Alrighty, I guess I'd better get to work now. I hope everyone has a great start to this great week!

Tejas
04-20-2009, 11:34 AM
oooh, Hawaii....beautiful there. I've only been once, but will never forget it.

Off to drink more water :lol:

Rhonda

TechAlum
04-20-2009, 12:07 PM
Good Morning All,

Finished up my dinner menu for the next couple of weeks, and came down to type it up, now I'm headed up stairs to make my shopping list & eat lunch. Then I'll head to the gym and grocery store. It's cold and rainy here so there will be no outdoor walking today (or probably tomorrow either) so I'm going to go use the treadmill, I might try and do some of the weight machines too. But I've been slacking on the shoulder stretches so it's sore today so probably won't do arm machines. I go to PT and the dr. tomorrow, I think it's improving so hopefully we'll carry on the same plan for the next month.

My goal for this week is to get back on track and eat all my fruits and veggies.

Have a great day everyone.

-Tech

blessedwithsarah
04-20-2009, 12:26 PM
I'm back from shopping - bought fat free veggie dip and lots of fruits and vegetables. I'm going to cut up a bowl of carrots,cuke and grape tomatoes to have in the fridge to snack on. Tonight its roasted turkey breast - need to see if I can find a recipe to cook it in my pressure cooker. Just love that appliance. I finally figured the right rice/stock ratio brown rice last week - it came out perfect. The other time I made it it was too wet and mushy.

DD is having a friend over this afternoon, I'll read or crochet. I'm still workiing on the same shawl for over a month. I liked doing the baby blankets better - they were done quicker. But we've moved on to cancer treatment center - making shawls and lap blankets for those going through chemo treatments. Its all for charity, but I wish I could actually finish this one. Oh well.

Maryann, good for you for going to wi today. Lets all start fresh this week!

Vickie, glad the scale is down again. Is JC closed today? Its a weird holiday in MA - Patriots day, some are off and some are not. Its Marathon Monday here as well. Good luck tomorrow.

Kathy, congrats on your planning! I'm home until Thursday this week. Its so much easier for me when I'm at work and bring my food. The jalepenos roasted sound yummy, do they melo out or still hot? Are you going to Hawaii with Judd or is he off on his own? Hopefully you get to go too...

Well, off to cut up veggies.

coco99
04-20-2009, 12:57 PM
Hi
Sounds like everyone is busy today.
Guess if we are busy we wont eat. Or at least it is that way for me.
I know I have been slacking in the water department. I need to drink more. But on the cool days I have trouble getting it in. If I am cold I dont want water. Give me coffee or tea. So I have even warmed up some water. Not to boiling. And drank that. Just to get water in. And then the days we have alot of running to do. I dont get the water in. Because I hate to have to run to the bathroom every little bit.

VICKIE Hope the Dr appt goes well.

TECHALUM Hope your Dr. and PT goes well tomorrow.

Well I better get off here.
Wont be long and have to get ready to go to town.
And then to WW. I am hoping the scales are good tonight. Or I hope I was good enough this week. So the scales will be good. I guess it is up to me. To make the scales be good or bad. Its not their fault I have a gain. But have to blame someone or something.
Well ladies have a great day.
Thinking of each of you.
coco

ontarget
04-20-2009, 05:32 PM
We're home. I shot better than I have in months. I feel like I'm back on-target. (pun intended) Eating wasn't too good but we were out in the sun shooting over 8 hours yesterday. Today we're both exhausted. I need to go buy groceries so we'll have ww-friendly foods. I may go in a bit after I get a load of laundry sorted.

Kathy, I'd love to be traveling right now. We've been to Hawaii and love it. Which island will you be visiting?

Vickie, I'm chugging more water now that I've stopped keeping Diet Cokes at home.

Got to go. The dryer is calling.

Tejas
04-20-2009, 06:30 PM
Hi:

It sounds like we're all busy, but focused. Paula's got a full pantry, we should all go over for dinner!

Sandra, somehow I missed that you were at a competition...glad that you shot well.

I've been home today, painting, again....

Tonight I have pottery class and tomorrow I've got to go into the office.

I've done really well on food today. I've been around 20 points and I'll have just a bit more food and call it quits for the day.

Rhonda

coco99
04-20-2009, 09:56 PM
Hi Everyone
Just a quick stop in.
I only lost 1/2 a pound tonight. But I guess that is better than gaining.
But the meeting was really good. It was about writing in your quick track. And writing every BLT. And I have been slack on that. So this week I am keeping a track. And writing everything.

ONTARGET Didnt realize you were shooting. Glad you did well. I have to drink more water also. So that is another goal for me this week.

Well am going to get off here.
Will be back sometime tomorrow. Have to go to the eye Dr in the morn. Going to dilate my eyes. They didnt do that last week when I was in there. So doing it tomorrow. Hope I can see to drive home. And the see to get on here.
If I am not on here. You know I am having trouble seeing.
Am thinking of each of you.
Night
coco

Katpo
04-20-2009, 10:52 PM
His installation is on Hickham AFB, which is in Honolulu. The company is putting them in a nice enough hotel, so we'll keep it for the second week. I think it's the Wyland or something like that. We have a rental car so we'll go all over, I'm sure. And we're really excited because we're going to the Memorial Day celebration at Pearl Harbor on Monday. It should be great!

I read on another area here about someone making roasted brussels sprouts so I decided to try it tonight. Holy smoke, I couldn't stop eating them! I sorta messed up a little because I cut the little stem off before cutting them in half, so lots of leaves fell off. I should keep the stem intact next time. Anyway, I just drizzled some olive oil on a baking sheet, then spread out the brussels sprouts halves, drizzled some more olive oil and sprinkled with some seasoning. Baked at 400 for 30 minutes, shaking the pan or giving it a stir every once in a while. I ate all the fallen off leaves (they were brown and crunchy), put about 3/4 of them in a container for tomorrow night's dinner and put the other 1/4 in a small container to take to work. I hope they don't stink up the place when I heat them up!

Food for tomorrow is all bagged up and includes: (in no particular order) a cup of skim milk, natural applesauce, sliced strawberries, brussels sprouts, carrots-radishes-onion-grape tomatoes with RF ranch veggie dip, stirfried shrimp with squash, mushrooms and broccoli, 5 of the stuffed jalapeno halves, a little BabyBel light swiss cheese, some SF jello and a few pickles. I'll probably have the milk, strawberries and applesauce for breakfast. Then tomorrow night we'll have either cod or flounder, and steamed vegetables. I'm not having any trouble getting in the fruits and vegetables, that's for sure. And if I keep on having shrimp for lunch and fish for dinner, protein shouldn't be a problem either.

It was such a pretty day. Two other girls and I went for a walk this afternoon for 30 minutes. There is a group of office buildings down the street from our building, and they're arranged around a big pond that has a wide sidewalk. So we not only get to walk down the street to get there, but once we're there we have a place to walk around the pond. It's really pretty with ducks and nice grass and big trees.

Time to go get my clothes ready for tomorrow and straighten my hair. I just washed and dried it, so I thought I'd jump on while the straightening iron was heating up.

Happy night to all!

Vickie
04-21-2009, 09:01 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I've got JC today but not until right after lunch. I hate weighing in the afternoon. The scale was 1 pound lower yesterday morning but I know I can't control the fluctuations. I did great this week except I only exercised twice in stead of 5 times. The Doctor says I have an ear infection in that has made my glands swollen. He gave me two kinds of drops. One to use now on just the infected ear and then more to use in both ears when they feel itchy and full. I go back on Friday when Jim goes for a follow up since we'll be there anyway. He isn't sure if the ringing in my ear is from that or if something else is going on. The MRI is postponed for now. He still doesn't know what the smokey smell is either (although knock on wood, it's been less and less lately). He wants me to stop the Omnaris nasal spray but I'm scared that it's what's been helping the smokey smell. I'll wait until my ears feel better before I stop that stuff.

Sigh....it's heck to get old! Now I'm really off to catch up with all of you. First I have to go get my coffee.

blessedwithsarah
04-21-2009, 09:24 AM
Good morning. Yes, the pantry is stocked, but i forgot juice for dd. I'll have to stop again today. I made a turkey breast in my pressure cooker last night -- wow, it came out wonderful. Nice and juicy. I browned it than put in a 1 cup stock and cooked it for 30 minutes. I do love my pressure cooker! I have not used my crock pot at all since I got this. Why have something cook all day when it can be done in a short time and be just as tender.

Kathy, I always make my brussel sprouts like you did or I steam them and then put them in a hot pan with olive oil and garlic to get the crunchy outsides. The later is very quick. Hope you have an ontrack day - based on what you packed, you should.

Vickie - good luck at jc today. Are you tracking your daily weight as well? If you do fluctuate, maybe its worth doing that and taking weekly average in addition to the JC wi -- I think thats what Maryann is doing.

Maryann - gloomy here today. Looks like you'll be getting a lot more rain today than us.

Hi Rhonda, coco, tech and Sandra. Sandra, congrats on the tournament! We need to get dd's archery set out. If it would just get nice once and for all! This weather is crazy lately.

Well, waiting on my cleaning lady and then later this morning I'm taking dd and one of her freinds to a local children's museum. The girls can play while I sit and read. Then I'll take them out to lunch.

BBL

Katpo
04-21-2009, 10:12 AM
Good luck today at weigh-in, Vickie! And feel better soon!

Coco, you know that at least it was DOWN and not UP! There have been times when 1/2 pound would be great to see, instead of the 1-2 up that I've had in recent weeks.

:wave: to everyone else! It's going to be another pretty day here; I wish you could all come down and join me in the afternoon walk!

Well, unpacking my lunch this morning was a bit embarrassing. There must be 10 containers -- was I STARVING??? LOL! Some of them are just strawberries or pickles or small things, but good grief, I'm going to be eating all day long! I had cheerios before leaving home and didn't stop anywhere on the way (for a Coke) so yippee for me.

Oh and Paula, I'm going to try your other method next time. I think I lost too much in those outside leaves. They were really dark and crunchy but I ate them anyway. It was a little like eating charcoal. Okay, not really. ;)

I'll be back later to catch up! Happy Tuesday!

Vickie
04-21-2009, 10:16 AM
I can't believe that I never got back here yesterday. I'm just so easily distracted. Rhonda, you're going to love retirement.....no rules, just life!

Kathy, your food always sounds so yummy. I have a problem with creativity. Of course, it doesn't matter right now since I'm sort of constrained with the JC menu. How exciting that you'll be going to Hawaii! It was always nice when we could combine work with something that exciting. We never had a location THAT nice though. I should give brussels sprouts another try someday. I heard that most veggies taste great roasted. I just can't fit in the extra oil to coat them. Is it true that most of the oil goes to the bottom of the pan?

Rhonda, have you floated away? You are probably already at the office. I hope you at least enjoyed your pottery class last night.

Donna, you sound beat up. I hope it gets better for you soon.

Paula, you sound so busy. Are you on a mini-vacation? JC wasn't closed yesterday. I just had to change my appointment because of a Doctor's appointment. I'm only tracking my weight weekly. I can't bear more than that at this point. I'm writing down what I eat plus putting in in FitDay. I can't believe everything I'm doing to lose this darned weight.

Coco, 1/2 pound is a good weigh in. Didn't you say you had a few eating issues this week? Because I'm always happy for a loss, especially after I eat a few things I didn't plan to eat. Maybe I'm remembering last week? Anyhow, I'm not kidding about the water. If you could just force yourself to drink 8-10 glasses I bet you'd see magic.

Time for breakfast Chicks! Have a wonderful watery day.

Vickie
04-21-2009, 10:17 AM
Ohhhhh......I almost forgot Sandra! Are you having fun my friend? You sound so busy. Congratulations on your tournament.

beach bum
04-21-2009, 12:46 PM

Just got back from the doctors for my cholesterol & thyroid blood test.Results will be back in a few days.

I still can't exercise because of last weeks leg episode .So I really have to rely on portion control in my meals.

COCO-We have the rain today and that's the culprit that's crippling my leg, have to take extra meds.to keep the pain away. Of course my Orthopedic doctor is off for the week vacationing.Thanks for the congrats,hope it goes down again at my next W-I.

I thought that you don't have to drink all that water at WW anymore,its the liquids that count also. Congrats on your weight loss,that's great, .5 is nothing to sneeze at.

VICKIE-I'm so happy that TOM doesn't visit here anymore.When he was here I had it very bad,but now that hes gone,I'm happy again. Don't understand why the restaurant sever so much food and dump fattening sauces on them????? Good Luck at the doctors.

KAPO-Why is WW over in 4 weeks????Are you doing a WW at Work.????? Your planning is going to take you far,I sometimes forget to plan,and than that shows on the scale.HAWAII or ALASKA still can't decide which one are heaven on earth.They're both so pretty,as I been to both of them via cruising.

TECH-When I plan I do it on Mondays,I have a food journal that I set up for 3 days and than I shop for the foods I don't have,and I plan another 3 days and Monday is my cheat day.

PAULA-I eat plenty of veggies & fruit also. Don't go to WW anymore I weigh myself in very day and than I average it out for the week. WW sent me a new free registration card but Leo believes that if it didn't work for me the first time around its not going to work for me the second. I do eat from the core foods list,but I count the calories so I guess I doing something like the Momentum or the Flore Plan.

That correct the Cape is going to be wet today.Don't care as I have no plans to go out today.

Have to go start my dinner,have a great morn whats left at it anyway.Be back this afternoon

coco99
04-21-2009, 02:45 PM
Hi Everyone
Well things are still a little blurry right now. Had my eyes dilated today.
So wont post much now.
But I have to go back in 3 months. They want to take pictures of my eye again. Said I had a mole in there. And I have never been told I had one before. So he wants to check and make sure there is no change.
The Dr said its just like a mole you get on your skin. And another thing. It has been a long time since I had been to the eye Dr. Probably about 6 years or so.
Will be back later. And catch up with everyone.
coco

blessedwithsarah
04-21-2009, 03:34 PM
Vickie -- I am off for 3 days this week (Mon- Wed). Its school break here - I just wish my 3 days were nicer. DH has Thurs and Friday when its supposed to be sunny and warm. He's taking dd fishing. Wish I could go, but it will ba a nice daugher/daddy thing.

ontarget
04-21-2009, 04:03 PM
Kathy and Paula, I hadn't even thought of eating brussel sprouts. I may have to try them.

I am doing great eatingwise today. Life is good. Also, I did 20 min :tread: and 75 minutes :ebike:--both at the club. Now I have soaker hoses on the rosebeds. I feel soooooo organized. Remember how I used to complain about dragging waterhoses around? This year things are much simpler.

Vickie, ;) ;) ;) ;) for a good wi at JC today. I am proud of your determination and to it ness. I'm hoping for some of it to rub off onto me.

Kathy, I have a lot of low point planned snacks today, too.

Vickie, I'm having a blast! The roses are looking good. The honeysuckles, etc...... are looking good. And I'm getting to shoot my bow outside at long distances. I feel like a kid again. I keep moving plants from one place to another. I am reminded of a gf whose dh told her plants not to get too comfortable where they are because she's going to be moving them. I do the same. lol

Paula, there were several kiddos shooting with us Sunday. They don't have to shoot the same distances we shoot, but they do get to fling arrows quite a ways.

Rhonda, how's your day going? Antique Alley got off to a slow start with torrential rain Friday, but Sat/Sun were good. Today we saw that some vendors were still set up. We actually missed shopping this time because of being in Austin. I don't think we needed anything anyway, but it would have been fun to browse.

Maryann, I like your idea of weighing daily. I'm still trying to wi once a week (Tuesdays).

Coco, the scales are going in the right direction. That's what counts.

I'm off here now to have a low point snack. Am I spoiled?

Vickie
04-21-2009, 05:44 PM
I only lost .4 this week but oddly, I'm ok with that. I weighed in at 1:45; after breakfast, snack and lunch when I usually only weigh in after breakfast. I also only exercised 2 days this week. I'll hope for a better loss next week.

Gotta change my ticker.

Tejas
04-21-2009, 08:45 PM
Hi All:

Whew, I'm tired just from reading about all of your activity!

I had a hard day at work today, just because! Also, we had a student collapse in a chair with a splitting headache. She was crying, almost screaming. I told her that we were calling 911 and she said "NO." I said that we had to, especially since she was also seeing double and had a numb left arm. The ambulance came quickly and the attendents spent 45 minutes with her trying to get her to go to the hospital. She REFUSED!!!! Just pray, that's all I know to do.

I'm going to go out now and take a very long walk.

We've finished the painting in the study (as I might have said already) and are headed into the rest of the house, but not tonight!

Rhonda

Katpo
04-21-2009, 11:36 PM
My goodness, Rhonda, that's terrible! I hope the student is okay ... will say a little prayer for her tonight when I run down the (very long) prayer list.

I have no idea how I will do on Thursday but lunch is ready for tomorrow. I had all my water today and plan to do the same tomorrow. Still no full-calorie sodas this week, which is an accomplishment in itself. Now if we can just work on everything else.

Vickie, a loss is a loss! GRATZ!

Tejas
04-22-2009, 06:44 AM
Good Morning:

It was terrible about the student, wasn't it? Someone said that she had been to see a neurologist about headaches. If that is true, then she was particularly reckless not to go to the hospital.

I went out for a "powerwalk" last night. I walked for almost 30 minutes and worked off 177 calories. I know that so precisely because I used my new heart rate monitor which also tracks time, HR, calories, time at certain heart rates, etc. My shins and calves are sore, but that is part of the process of learning to transfer the energy to the "glutes." I might like this new exercise.

Coco, I hope your eyes are OK. I've got to go get mine checked also.

Vickie, I bet the "real" loss was more than .4, but take anything you can get!

Sandra, yes, you are spoiled...enjoy!

Kathy, I don't even have 10 containers...that must be my problem!

Paula, Mary Ann, Tech :wave:

I hope everyone has a great day. I've got to go to the office and deal with some unpleasant matters there. All in a day's work, as they say.

Cheers,
Rhonda

beach bum
04-22-2009, 09:39 AM

Woke up to a dense fog,hope it clears by the time we leave for Leos Cataract surgery. Got on the scale this morning and I'm down 1.5 but it only a total since I average out my weight loss at the end of the week.

COCO-Sorry to hear about your eye. Never of of that before either,hope they can correct it.

SANDRA-I haven't exercise in 1 1/2 weeks due to my hurt leg. But now I reading that I can still used the exercise bike with the 3 limbs and keep my bad leg elevated. Going to try this sometime tomorrow and see if it works. I some times get frustrated with the fluctuation weighing in day by day but some where I read that's the the true W-I.

VICKIE-Congrats on your weight loss.Now matter what it is its a loss. Glad that your satisfied,with the loss.Having TOM around doesn't mess up your W-I's. plus having to get on the scale after 3 meals doesn't help matters either.

RHONDA-Sorry you had such a trying day. Wonder why the student refused to go to the hospital.???? Hope she Ok this morning.

KATHY-You have a good plan,just keep away from those sodas. Congrats on keeping away from them.

Have a great day and I'll get back some time later afternoon.

Vickie
04-22-2009, 11:03 AM
Good Morning Chicks! We had a busy day yesterday even after JC. Went to little Great Nephew's first baseball game. Just adorable! He has another game on Friday and we'll probably go to that too if it works out after the Doctor. My ear is about the same but I have 3 more doses of ear medicine left. I slept late today and it felt great! Rhonda, that something you have to look forward to....sleeping until you wake up. Nice.

I've got my coffee and a few minutes before the treadmill so I'm going to go read what you are all up to now.

Katpo
04-22-2009, 12:23 PM
Good morning to all! I'm busy at work so I can't stay, just thought I'd check and say hello. I hope everyone has a really nice day!

ontarget
04-22-2009, 12:47 PM
Rhonda, that had to be super stressful with the student's health and behavior. I hope she gets all right but am concerned she didn't go to the hospital. Congratulations to you on your power walking. I am impressed. I did a lot of exercise yesterday but am not going to the club today. I'll prob do :ebike: while watching TV tonight. I'm tired today. Sunday took a lot out of me.

Kathy, it's so good to have you back here. Now I'm hoping Melissa and Angela and others who are MIA will come back. Speaking of whom--Froufie, where are you?

Vickie, my weight is usually 3 lbs higher in the PM than AM. Congratulations on having a loss. Your true weightloss is probably higher. :woohoo:

Vickie's right. One of the big perks of retirement is sleeping in. We hardly ever set an alarm.

I need to get off here and put something together for lunch. Have a great Wednesday, Chickies.

Tejas
04-22-2009, 07:52 PM
Hi Chickies:

Well, I won't be doing much tonight. I didn't sleep well last night and am very lethargic. I haven't felt very well most of the day, so I'm just going to sit in the recliner tonight. I'm chalking it up to "stress" from yesterday.

We have been watching the DVD set about Planet Earth. It is fascinating. I've also been watching the PBS series on the relationship between the settlers and the Indians. I really recommend it..very educational.

Vickie, I'm sure that baseball game was just precious.

I hope you all have a good night.

Rhonda

Katpo
04-22-2009, 08:41 PM
It was a long day for me, and tomorrow I need to get to work even earlier. And I have w/i at 10:40 ... should be okay though! I'm sort of excited to go get it over with, because I'm sure I'll be down.

I went for a walk today, just 10 minutes around the parking lot but at least it was better than nothing. I was wearing a straight long dress so taking big strides wasn't possible. It was getting annoying so I cut it short after the one lap instead of going more. I've learned my lesson though; if I'm going to walk, I won't wear that dress.

I've had mostly salad and vegetables all day, except for lunch I had a little bit of salmon salad and some TLC crackers. Now Judd just got home so I think we're going to go somewhere for a salad. I'm not sure where but that just sounds good. If we don't do that, we'll end up staying home tonight and I'll just make him some grilled cheese sandwiches or something easy. I'll have carrots.

coco99
04-22-2009, 09:02 PM
Hi there
Having trouble getting on here. Tried to post with a regular post. But having to use quick reply. So will keep this short.
Raining and getting cooler. But weekend is to be beautiful.
Went and got my new specs today. But I am having a really hard time getting adjusted to them. So I am hoping I can wear them.
Got our hair trimmed today.
And that has been about it.
Did do a little cleaning. Not much. New specs makes me feel sick when I move.
Well will get off here.
Hope everyone had a great day.
Thinking of each of you.
Be back tomorrow.
coco

ontarget
04-22-2009, 11:10 PM
Rhonda, I'm not surprised you're exhausted today after yesterday's drama. Get some rest.

Kathy, let us know how wi goes.

Coco, did you change your hairstyle? I'm thinking of changing mine, but I'm not sure what I want.

Tejas
04-23-2009, 08:28 AM
Good morning:

Well, I did sleep last night and feel so much bettter. I'm going to start my day with a long walk and get in some power walking practice. Our homework requires three power walks during the week, and I've only done one. So, I've to walk today and tomorrow to be a good "student."

Eating will be a challenge because I'm going out for lunch and dinner. I'll manage it though.

Kathy when I read "cut it short" I first thought you meant your skirt, not your walk. I had an image of you out in the parking lot cutting your dress short! I noticed that it was in the 90's in Denton, and it was 40 here...oh my.

I hope you all have a great OP day.

Rhonda

beach bum
04-23-2009, 09:30 AM

After Leo surgery yesterday a follow up of going to this eye doctor this morning for more instructions. My Ankle didn't hurt just by putting a old back brace on. Hope to continue doing this until the ankle heals.

Than Last night my DD calls to tell me that my son is in a hospital in Ohio somewhere, his blood sugar was extremely high the last couple of days,due to his Type 1 diabetes.He doing fine and out of danger they're planning to release him today.

:stress:STRESS:stress: is certainly hanging around at my house,but I did remember having my adorable grandchildren at our side the week before..So I guess a little rain must fall now and than on all our lives.

Have to get ready to drive Leo to the Eye Doctor,will stop in later

Tejas
04-23-2009, 10:13 AM
Ok, I power walked for 20 minutes. I didn't get my HR up as high as before, but I did walk off 107 calories...off to work now.

Maryann, I hope your son feels better soon.

Rhonda

Katpo
04-23-2009, 10:40 AM
Rhonda, that's funny! I never thought about saying "cut it short" and not specifying that I meant the walk. However, I can see myself standing in the parking lot with scissors. I don't think I'll wear that dress again though. A sleeveless linen dress ... now what's wrong with that picture? Sleeveless means wear in hot weather; linen means it wrinkles like crazy in hot weather. Oh well!

I'm a wee bit nervous about w/i because we ended up going out last night. I had one roll, a salad, and then one piece of fried catfish. It came with fries but I did not touch A SINGLE ONE OF THEM, instead took them home as a doggy treat. Home scale this morning was about 1/2 pound up from yesterday.

One little victory though, was that I bought a new dress yesterday (short!) and got an 8. I had bought 10s last summer because I had gained about 5 and wanted to be comfortable. The one I saw yesterday that I wanted only had 6 and 8, so I got the 8 thinking that if I couldn't wear it, it would at least be a good goal dress. Nope, it fit perfectly and in fact, I might have been about to get by with the 6. It's crazy to say that at 150 pounds someone can wear that size but maybe it's because I'm tall. Enough about that.

Maryann, scary scary SCARY! I'm sure you were beside yourself when you heard that! It sounds like he's better now though and so I hope he continues to do okay and can be released.

I'll be back after the meeting to report. I think my last w/i said 156 though, and that's because it was after breakfast and wearing jeans. My ticker reflects the morning weight -- I'm not interested in knowing how much my breakfast OR jeans weigh ... just myself. ;)

sloanie
04-23-2009, 10:54 AM
Hey y'all
I'm still alive and kickin' in Tennessee. It has been so long since I was on here, that I just skimmed this week's posts. I hope you all are doing well and are feeling great! Sounds like there has been some stress with the chicks, so I'm praying for everyone to be calm and healthy. It seems like we will never be getting internet at our house, and I've been so busy at work that I have really lost touch with the group. The cable co. keeps saying a few more weeks for the net, so I am really getting frustrated.

As usual, I am really busy at work so I need to get off here. Hope you all have a great weekend!!!!

Sloan

Vickie
04-23-2009, 11:21 AM
Good Morning Chicks! Darnit.....I can't believe I never made it back here yesterday. I'm really going to catch up NOW!!!

coco99
04-23-2009, 11:30 AM
Just a quick stop in.
Hope everyone is doing ok.
Got to get busy. Suppose to bring new refridge tomorrow. So need to get things done for that.

BEACHBUM Hope hubby's eye appt goes well. And that son gets out of the hospital soon.

SLOANIE Glad you got to post. Hope you are doing good.

TEJAS Good job on the power walk.

KATPO Hope weigh in goes well.

VICKIE How are you doing. Hope you have a great day.

ONTARGET No I didnt change my hair style. Just got the banks trimmed. Growing it out for locks of love or for patenna beautiful lengths. Its almost ready to be cut. But dont know how I want it cut. Its so easy now. Just pull it back and go. Have a great day.

Well I better get off here. Get busy.
Will be back later.
coco

Vickie
04-23-2009, 11:58 AM
Maryann, good luck on your test results. Mine weren't great but ok. Nothing that losing weight shouldn't help. I hope your ankle continues to improve and that portion control alone works for you. It doesn't for me but only because my life is SO sedentary.

Coco, I really dislike having my eyes dilated. I'm sorry your new glasses are giving you fits. Is this your first pair? When I went from reading glasses to trifocals I cried in the grocery store. I couldn't see clearly to walk. Every time I looked down at my feet I couldn't tell the floor from a step. And forget stairs. I got used to them but it took a while. I hope you're better today. My eye doctor says it takes a while of wearing them to get your eyes to adjust; especially if it is a big change in prescription.

Paula, hope you enjoyed your days off!

Sandra, you sound like you're getting awesome exercise. Keep it up and you'll have great rewards at your next weigh in.

Sloan, Welcome Home! Come post when you can.

Rhonda, I hope you've recovered from your experience with the student. Is she ok? Are you feeling better?

Kathy, great job on being soda free. Size 8 is awesome. Great job keeping your weight off.

Gotta treadmill!

blessedwithsarah
04-23-2009, 02:15 PM
Hi everyone. Well, my mini vacation is over and I'm back to work. How come I get three lousy, rainy days with dd and DH gets nice, sunny and warm??? Oh well, it was fun, we kept busy. My eating has been OK but I have not tracked honestly. So, as of today I'm back to tracking everything. I need to get back into a good groove - feel like I've been a bit out of control since Easter. Its going to be wonderful here the next few days -- Thanks Kathy and Sandra for sending warm weather north! Its going to be in the 80s Friday through Tuesday. Maryann, beach time!!!

I'm thrilled as that is not the norm for New England spring and its been so cold and miserable. WE have had little spring weather. Not sure what I'll be doing - but I will be outside. I think Saturday may be a good day to go walking at the state park near us. My sister and I can go for at least an hour or two.

Kathy, how was wi?
Vickie, congrats on the loss - remember, a loss is a loss. As long as its going down!
Rhonda, how is your student? Scary. I hope she is ok.
Sloan, Welcome back!!!
Coco, good luck with the new fridge. Hope it works out well for you.
Maryann, what surgery did Leo have yesterday? I hope he is OK.

Well, got to get back to work. BBL

ontarget
04-23-2009, 05:06 PM
Oops! Just lost a long post. My bad.

In a nutshell: I'm op 3 days running. Doing yardwork instead of clubbing. Life is good.

Coco, our grands in MT donated their hair to Locks of Love. Mine is super short. I'm thinking of changing it but haven't decided 100%.

Vickie, I lost my post because I accidentally opened another url here. Have you been to antishoe.com? Check it out. My gf and I are going to a store in Ft. Worth next week to look at the shoes irl.

Kathy, I thought the same thing Rhonda did. I was picturing you out their snipping away. :lol: How did wi go? And--congratulations on getting into that 8. That's amazing.

Sloan, it's good to see you back.

ontarget
04-23-2009, 05:08 PM
Maryann, I can imagine how frightened you were when you got the call about your son. I hope he's all right now.

Paula, you're welcome. It was 100* yesterday at Graham, TX. That's a bit much for me. Today's windy but it's in the 80"s. Not bad.

Katpo
04-23-2009, 05:58 PM
Quick update -- lost 3.2. I'll be back to elaborate later.

coco99
04-23-2009, 08:31 PM
Hi Everyone
Thought I would try and catch up.
Not much happening here. Was bad tonight for supper. Made some elbow macaroni. Then I cooked some crushed tomato's, sweet peppers, and mushrooms. And mixed it all together. Well I ended up eating two cups. But it was pretty good. But when I got up from the table I was satisfied. I didnt need to find something else to eat. I also had some zero point cooked veggies. But then after supper. I packed up the leftover macaroni. And sent it to my Mom.

KATPO That is a wonderful weight loss. CONGRATS!!

BLESSEDWITHSARAH Not sure if I get my refridge tomorrow or not now. They called and said I may not get it until next week now. So will see what happens.

VICKIE Have a terrible time with the specs. I had some glasses I used sometimes to do paperwork. Or reading. But only when I needed them. Now they say I should try and wear these ones all the time. I dont think so. I think I need some adjustments made. And am wondering if the arms are too long for me. If I can keep them in the one spot. They arent too bad. But they move around and I lose that spot. Then I have to start all over. Trying to find the spot. I am wondering if the arms are too long. Will go the first of the week and have them readjusted and see if that helps. Hope you had a good day.

Well I am going to get off here. Want to go and do a couple of things. And then get ready and watch Grey's.
Hope everyone had a good day.
Thinking of each of you.
coco

Katpo
04-23-2009, 11:21 PM
Sandra, I did Locks of Love when my sister was really sick. There was an article coming out in the Dallas paper about her, and the charity things I was doing, so the photographer went with me to the salon and then they published the pictures along with the article. It is one of my favorite memories. Congrats to your grands for having a loving spirit.

I'm really tired, and my usual happy spirit has been devastated tonight. I don't want to talk about it, I just want to go to sleep now. I hope that tomorrow is better.

Love to all.

ontarget
04-23-2009, 11:51 PM
Coco, your dinner doesn't sound off base to me. I think you did well. You had a lot of veggies. That has to be good.

Kathy, I'm sorry you're having a bad evening. I hope tomorrow is better.

We went to our conversational Spanish class tonight. We only have a couple more sessions. We're going to miss it when it's over. I'm op and feeling great. My right arm is getting a bit longer cuz I've been patting myself on the back all day.

beach bum
04-24-2009, 09:22 AM

Going to be a quite day as we're both relaxing and taking it easy.

RHONDA-Thanks ,he called us yesterday morning and told us that he got out of the hospital and was going to the hotel to pack and take a plane back home. He said he might going into work today it depends on he is feeling.Once my ankle/foot pain is gone and they are stronger I'm going to do my own form of power walking.Just in time for beach boardwalk walking.

KATHY-It was scary to have that kind of news so late at night,when there no way getting there.Big Congrats on your 3.2 weight loss. that a fantastic amount.

SLOAN-Glad to see you return.I remember those times without cable internet. The dial up was horrible we had access to our computer along in the early morning or late a night.

COCO-They're both doing fine thanks,but I needed that at this time hopping along on my one foot.

VICKIE-Should hear about the results some time today or tomorrow.Not really worried as my cholesterol was down to average count. Going to try to get in touch with the doctor on Tues as I we have a petscan for Leo scheduled this Monday.The only time this week I lacked portion control was yesterday.Had meatballs & spaghetti and ate the whole thing.

PAULA-Glad you enjoyed your mini vacation. That one thing we can't control is the weather.Paula I don't think so,the weather is funny on the Cape.It might be in the 70's at home,but the dead opposite by the beach as the winds still blowing.Expecting winds going around 40 MPH this afternoon.

Leo had his cataract removed along with a new lens from his left eye. Next month he having his right eye operated on.

SANDRA-Every since we retired and moved away from kids & grand kids I get worried all the time.But this time my son was some where in Ohio on business,and I was able to get to him.Thanks Goodness he fine,and will double check with his doctor some time soon.

Have a great morning going to put my feet up and rest my ankle.

Vickie
04-24-2009, 10:37 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I'm off to the Doctor again this morning. My ear is worse and Jim has a follow up for his mouth/tongue. Then some errands, including maybe Super Walmart if the ear pain allows.

I'll be back later to catch up. I have to eat and get ready now.

coco99
04-24-2009, 10:42 AM
Morning Everyone
Just got done eating some fiber one pancakes. I put a few craisins in them. They are pretty good.
Now just waiting to see if they bring the refridge today or not.
Had a little thunder this morning. But the sun is trying to shine now. And suppose to warm up.

BEACHBUM Hope you enjoy your relaxing day. Glad hubby is doing good. And that son got to go home.

KATPO Hope you are doing ok. I did Locks of Love once. My hair is going long enough now to do it again. But am thinking of doing the Beautiful Lenghts through Pantene. Hair has some grey in it this time. So dont know if either will want it.

ONTARGET Glad you enjoyed your class.

VICKIE how are you doing. Hope you have a great day.

To everyone else I am thinking of each of you.
Hope everyone has a great day.
Be back later.
coco

Katpo
04-24-2009, 10:47 AM
Happy Friday to all. Good luck at the doctor, Vickie. Hope everyone else has a good day.

I hope to feel like talkiing soon. Meanwhile ... :tape:

Tejas
04-24-2009, 01:53 PM
Hi All:

I ate too much yesterday for certain, and then we went to hear Buddy Guy in concert. I love the blues but the amplification was overdone. DH hated it. Oh well...

Today I took DH out for a hamburger, deciding that I would have one too and use all my points and exercise. Well, I'm proud to report that I could not eat more than about 1/2 of the burger. It was good but I quit when I was full.

Kathy, I hope things resolve for you.....

Rhonda

ontarget
04-24-2009, 05:25 PM
Kudos, Rhonda, for quitting when you got full. That's something I need to work on. Sometimes I can do it and other times....well, you know.

Maryann, enjoy your day. I empathize with you about being away from kids/grands. It's not easy.

Vickie, are you feeling any better? How long have you had that earache? Did the doctor say anything about Meniere's? Just wondering. I have Meniere's. It usually doesn't call problems but every now and then I get a wakeup call on it.

Kathy, I'm hoping you're having a better day.

I have spent most of the day jin Grandview. This AM there was the kindergarten rode. (What a hoot!) Early this afternoon our older grand had a strings concert in front of the local bank. These 3rd, 4th, and 5th graders had just returned from a competition in Arlington. They earned Superior. Twenty-seven of the 5th graders will be performing in Bransom, MO next month. Our grand is 4th grade. Now doesn't she have something to look forward to next year?

Speaking of the local bank--they had buffet tables set up in the lobby and were giving away bbq dinners. Texas BBQ! Curtis and I had just finished a Subway sandwich so I didn't eat anything. I did have a glass of iced tea. Life is good.

blessedwithsarah
04-24-2009, 09:16 PM
Happy Friday. For a short work week, I'm glad its over! The weather coming up is going to be beautiful. I'm planning on being outside all weekend. i've been good op today. Not sure why but I ate a whole wheat bagel at work this afternoon. It was there calling my name.....I did log it in, I wished I'd known it was 8 points before I had it. Oh well. I have the wpas and I did get a 40 minute walk in at lunch, and my usual 20 minutes tonight. So thats good. I have grapes in a bowl for my nightime snack. I'm getting back into very bad habits of eating crackers at night. Not good to sit with the box. So that will end -- I've even asked dh to remind me. He usually hates to do that since hes not sure what my reaction will be :0

Kathy, congrats on the great loss. Hope tonight is a better night than you had today.

Coco, did you ever post the fibre one pancake recipe? could you? I do now love fiber one and always have a box on hand.

Maryann, glad Leo's surgery was his eyes and not related to his cancer. My mom has to have her eye done next month. OH - that reminds me to check the date --I know its a Tuesday and I volunteered for dds field trip on a Tuesday. Uhho....

Vickie, hope your feeling better. Did the Dr have any ideas?

Hi Sandra and Rhonda and Sloan!

Well, got to get dd to bed. Have a good night.

coco99
04-24-2009, 09:32 PM
Hi Everyone
Well got the new refridge. Now I have to wait 24 hours before I put anything in it. Said to let it run 24 hours before putting your stuff in. So good thing I have a old refridge in the basement. Dont know what I would do if I didnt.
Lets just say. My legs are tired tonight. Having to go up and down everytime I want or need something out of the refridge. But then lets say. I am only going when I need something. Not when I want.

BLESSEDWITHSARAH The fiber one pancakes I use. It is a mix. I found it at Gaint Eagle and some Wal Marts carry it. Its where the pancake mix is. Also found it at Big Lots. I will have to look at the points. But you get 4 or 5 pancakes depends on the size. Use 1/2 cup of mix and 1/3 cup water. I use just a little more. Then I get that 5th pancake. To me they have a little almond test. Hubby and I like them.

VICKIE how are you feeling. Hope you are doing better.

ONTARGET Sounds like you had a great day. I like the grilled chicken sandwich at Subway.

TEJAS Good job on eating only half your burger.

KATPO Sure hope you feel better.

Hope everyone had a great day.
Night
coco

Katpo
04-24-2009, 11:45 PM
I bought a box of Fiber One today. Never had it before but my friend at work eats it and I tried some of hers. I liked it.

Nothing else.

Happy weekend to all.

blessedwithsarah
04-25-2009, 09:57 AM
OK, today is re-dedication Saturday. I went to the ww site and reset my weight to what I was this morning neked! I'm up from a few weeks ago, but I'm logging it and moving forward. Typically I would not log my weight until it was down again. BAD HABIT - I need to be accountable to me. Summer is coming, my shorts are on today as its going to be in the 80s. They do fit, but I need to make sure they continue to fit.

I've also decided to change my wi to Saturday am. I was doing wed with my at work group which is ending (plus I sort of dropped out :o ). I won't do the next session, not worth the money. I need to committ myself before shelling out any more money.

I'm now off to change my tracker...........

beach bum
04-25-2009, 10:04 AM

Feeling better every day,so I guess resting is the first letter in the"RICE" method,but OH MY !!! my house needs some straightening up and cleaning. I'm afraid:fr: to start after being a lady of leisure for 2 weeks.

VICKIE-I hope:hug: all is well on your doctors visit with your ear and your DH Jim 's mouth/tongue situation.We're heading off to Walmart this morning to pick up little items that are too expensive at the other stores.

COCO-Thanks for the good wishes,there both fine. I love:love: all the fiber one products of the fibers in them.You know the more fiber the lower the WW points.

Oh Sending {{{{{{best wishes vibes}}}}}} for your new refrig. My DD got a beautiful side by side GE refrig last November and she:love: L_O_V_E_S :love:it. She as a special self drawer that come out for here cold cuts and cheeses.and another 2 drawers in the bottom freezer for ice cream novelties and fruit juices for the kids easy reach.

RHONDA-Glad you enjoyed the Buddy Guy concert. That's a great feeling when you have to leave 1/2 of the food on your plate,says something that your conquering the control of portions.

SANDRA-Thanks,Oh I didn't release how much you miss the kids especially when they're ill and you can't be there at their side. We're going down to see the family sometime in Aug,if all is well and good.:crossed:CROSSING MY FINGERS:crossed: BIG CONGRATS on your grandchild preforming at Bransom, MO next year. You must be so proud of them. We Love country music and always have the rear-view roadhouse on our satellite radio.

PAULA-OH NO!!! This time it was hes eyes.He has to have more surgery on the right eye next month. I couldn't believe the whole operation was less than 7 mins. You're mom with be ok there was a woman there that was 92 year old.Weather on the Cape is going up also.I hope its going to stay Love BBQ weather,in the 70's is ideal from the H&H 90's we get here in the summer.

KATHY-Its good prod especially for me with all the good fiber to help your colon. My mom used to eat there cereal all the time.

Have a great morning

blessedwithsarah
04-25-2009, 05:32 PM
Did end up going hiking today -- 2 1/2 hours on very challenging trails. DD did great! I logged it - 150 minutes of hiking is 9 activity points!!

coco99
04-25-2009, 06:35 PM
Hi
Just a quick post.
Had a few errends to run this morning. then went to my Aunt's. Then out to eat.
Then came home. Got a load of clothes in the was. Should be about done. Am going to hang them out for a few minutes. Still have time to partly dry.
Got stuff in new refridge.
Son is mowing. Hubby is doing something with the camper. And that is about it.
Well gotta go check on clothes.
Be back in a little bit.
coco

Tejas
04-25-2009, 08:18 PM
Hi All:

I had a busy day. First I had and a light breakfast, followed by powerwalking class and used up 447 calories.

Then I went to my godson's and helped him paint his new apartment. I am SO upset that they are painting and then moving their 4 year old and newborn into a freshly painted place. BUT, I shut my mouth.

Then I came home and had some pot roast for dinner. Now, I'm going to collapse.

We had a great thunderstorm here and unseasonably high temperatures today.

Have a good night everyone.

Rhonda

coco99
04-25-2009, 08:54 PM
Hi there
I'm back.
Well got two loads of clothes washed. Hung the shirts out for a little bit. Got almost dry. Then washed another load of things. And they are in the dryer.

TEJAS No I dont think it would be wise to put the kids in a freshly painted room. Would wait a few days first. We havent had any storms. But awful warm temps. right now it is 88. So dont know what it was earlier. Know for me a little to warm.

BEACHBUM Glad you are feeling better. My new refrig just has the freezer on top and a ice maker. I would have liked a refrig with the freezer on the bottom. But they were so expensive. I like the fiber one pancakes. But I dont eat them if I am going to go anywhere. They seem to bloat me for some reason.

VICKIE Hope you are having a good day. And feeling better.

BLESSEDWITHSARAH congrats on the hike. I know I could have done that.

ONTARGET hope you had a good day. Are you still planting flowers.

Thinking of everyone.
Well I have to get off here. Go check on my dryer.
Hope everyone had a great day. And got some good weather to enjoy.
coco

ontarget
04-25-2009, 11:28 PM
Hi there. We shot a 3D tournament this morning. That meant walking through woods for about 2 hours. It was fun. I've been op all day. This was day 5. I'm trying for 30 op days in a row. I'm 1/6 of the way there. :lol:

Coco, I bought some annuals and planted them today. Other than that I am still waiting on more ground cover roses. Have I gone crazy?

Paula, I'm doing wi every day starting 5 days ago. That's working for me. I know WW says wi once a week, but I'm thinking daily is better for me. Keeps me on my toes.

Rhonda, we didn't have many thunderboomers in Montana. I missed them. I'm not missing them any more, though, now that we're back in Johnson County. :lol:

Katpo
04-26-2009, 12:11 AM
I weigh everyday but then measure it against 7 days before, so that's basically weighing once a week ... except I do it every day. Confused? Don't be. It works.

beach bum
04-26-2009, 09:25 AM

We have a beautiful SPRING day going up in the 70's today but just for today and back to normal tomorrow.
Maybe we'll open the BBQ grill this afternoon.

Not going to church again this week either, even if it gorgeous out.I'm experiencing some new this morning my tendon my the back of my leg is getting sore.I must make a doctors appointment this week to start the MRI process or get a cortisone shot, to end this misery.

WI today instead of tomorrow as Leo & I have to head out to the other end of Cape Cod to get to our new petscan place. some where in Harwich on Monday. We have a 1 1/2-1 3/4 hr drive to get out there.

LOST 2 LBS this morning. Oh you don't know how happy I am, as I not exercising and I was afraid I gain.

I was wondering were you gals were,I guess i would be busy if I could get around also.

PAULA-That's wonderful,I haven't hiked in a long time.I do power walk when I was feeling better. You and you DD are doing terrific keep up the good work.

COCO-How you aunt doing?????? my DD had to buy one of those big expensive refrig as she has 6 people to feed,and needs the room.After a while having fiber your body get use to it and you don't bloat anymore,at least I don't.

RHONDA-I agree with the ladies about the painted room,but being grandmas its best not to say anything.

SANDRA-2 Mile walk in the woods sounds like your accomplishing something. Congrats on your 1/6 of the way Oping.

KATHY-That's the way I weigh-in also.The average weight for the week,they only problem is that you can't react to the scale when it gos up as it can be very frustrating.

Have to go for breakfast,see you gals later

Vickie
04-26-2009, 01:11 PM
Good Morning Chicks! Sorry I don't have time to hang around and catch up today. I've been doing hours and hours of research on how to save Cassie from succumbing to Chronic Renal Failure. She's my heart dog. I can't even talk about it now. I hope all of you are well and on program. I am and have even exercised already this morning. I beat Jim on the treadmill.

My ENT gave me 7 days of Levaquin for my infected glands and ear issue. My ears are still ringing but he says that happens more and more when we are "older" and have ear issues. They tested my hearing and have a low level hearing loss but not enough for a hearing aid. Dear Lord....I'm only going to be 53. Too many years of too loud rock and roll music. I still feel crummy but hope this will do the trick. I'll be back when I can.

coco99
04-26-2009, 04:00 PM
Hi Everyone
Not doing much.
Hubby and son are after a new riding mower. The transmission is going out of the one we have. So son thought better get a new one before it went altogether. So thought while they were doing that. I would get on here for a few.

VICKIE I will keep both you and Cassie in my prayers.

BEACHBUM CONGRATS on the loss. That is wonderful. Thanks for asking. My Aunt is doing fine.

ONTARGET No I dont think you are crazy. I would love to plant more flowers and bushes around here. But son and hubby usually ends up cutting them off. Either with the mower or weed eater. So unless I plant them in a flower pot. Or can get someone to build me a flower bed. I dont have many things around. Glad you enjoyed your walk.

KATPO Hope you have a great day.

TECHALUM AND TEJAS Thinking of both of you. Have a great day.

BLESSEDWITHSARAH Are you going hiking today.
Well I better get off here.
Maybe get something done before the guys get back.
Will be back later.
coco

blessedwithsarah
04-26-2009, 09:09 PM
What a wonderful weekend we had in MA. Sunny and warm both days. After church this morning we spent the day outside doing yard work. This is the last week we can burn brush -- so we were going through and getting what we could. Still have a few trees to take down this week. It was nice to be out and get the yard looking better. I also managed to get a walk in as well. Food wise, I'm doing well. I have some ww smoothie mix I'm going to make in a few minutes with frozen bananas. YUM.

Maryann, congrats on the loss!!! WOO HOO.

Vickie, I hope the medication helps soon. HUGS for you and Cassie.

I made a roast beef in the slow cooker today -- came out yummy. Thats dinner tomorrow night. I also took out chicken breasts as well - I'm thinking chicken catcciatore on Tuesday. I do my shopping on tuesday am and I can load it up with fresh veggies.

Well, off to make my smoothie. Night night.

Tejas
04-26-2009, 11:00 PM
Vickie....thinking of you and your doggie....

Katpo
04-27-2009, 12:56 AM
Vickie, I'll be thinking about you and Cassie. I know exactly how you feel about her.

I'll be 53 too ... it's like we're too young to be this torn up, but too old to feel good all the time. Hmmm ...

Vickie
04-27-2009, 09:58 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I'm off to weigh in this morning even though I feel yucky. My wonderful husband managed to get a urine sample for the dog this morning so he's off to take it in to the Vet.

I couldn't sleep last night so I did a couple more hours of research on canine kidney disease. I think I'm going to try to homecook for her. I found two good looking companies that offer base products that I can add small amounts of quality protein to. One is Honest Kitchen and the other is Essex Cottage Farms. One commercial product I'm considering is Halo because I found one canned food that is 3.5% protein. Anyone know anything about these companies? The Essex Cottage Farms one is in Canada.

Fingers crossed for my weigh in this week. I only got three days of exercise in. I hope you are all well.

Katpo
04-27-2009, 10:42 AM
Good luck at your weigh in, Vickie.