Old 04-20-2009, 03:15 AM   #1  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

Default Accountability/Menu/Planning 20 - 26 April

Hey everyone!

Apologies for fly by posting, but I've got so much to do before I get picked up in half an hour. Nothing exciting - just a AGM which is *exactly* how I want to spend a cold Monday night.

Anyway, hi to all and hope things are going well. I'll check in tomorrow with a decent update - it's been a very busy few days for me for a lot of reasons which I'll tell you about tomorrow.

Take care!
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 07:55 AM   #2  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hi Friends!

Nicole - thanks for getting us going this morning. Hope you have some relaxation time today.

This weekend, I had my wake-up call. I posted about this in a seperate thread here on 100lb club. I do believe that I have finally found my lightbulb moment and am ready to seriously lose the remainder of this weight. I'm excited and a bit nervous all at the same time. I'm excited as I know that I'll be feeling and looking so much better soon. I'm nervous as I know that I must deal with my emotional eating. But, I'm up for the challenge!

Today, I begin calorie counting and 1 hour a day of exercise. Today is an 1800 calorie day.

Breakfast: Steel cut oats, 1 cup skim milk
Snack: Apple and 2tbs PB, 1 cup skim milk
Lunch: Lean Cuisine: Butternut Squash Ravioli
Snack: Yogurt
Dinner: Veggie coconut curry with quinoa
Snack: WW chocolate cake

Have a great on-plan day.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 08:11 AM   #3  
the skies way bigger.

S/C/G: 66/61/50

Height: 5'3"

Hihi Everyone!

Nicole- Take care of yourself okay? Modern life has us rushing around but still remember to take time for yourself!

Rhonda- Yay for the motivation to lose! Keep it up okay?

Week goals:
x 2 outdoor runs, 1 WAtP 3 mile, 3 30DS, 30 1min planks, 10 1min wall sits.
x Eat breakfast everyday. And have a really light dinner instead of a normal portioned dinner 4 out of 7 days this week.

Today, typical Monday. Can't get out of bed, sleepy all through work. The A/C died today and Singapore is HOT HOT HOT. We were all dying in the heat.

Food: 2 plain prata with curry sauce, 1 apple custard bun, 1 red bean pancake, 1 pork bun and 2 bowls of chinese clear veggie soup. I have no idea how many calories are in all of those things because apparently, the idea of calorie counting never made it to the Chinese, but the only really unhealthy thing there is the prata.

I feel like I'm speaking alien to you guys everytime I talk about local food. Ah, well.

Have a great evening everyone!

Last edited by lixximajig; 04-20-2009 at 08:12 AM.
lixximajig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 10:29 AM   #4  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Had a great weigh in this morning, so I'm pumped! I wanted to get over the 10 pound mark, so I'm happy. I want my numbers to look better... isn't that crazy? It's embarrassing to have just a couple of pounds off and it shows that I started here so long ago. You feel like you have to put a disclaimer in and say, "Ok, I was really stupid and gained back all the weight I lost plus some. My real start date is March, 2009." I just have to remember why I'm doing all of this! I do like that I can feel that I've dropped weight and lost inches.

So, working out today at the gym was good. I didn't get there as early as I wanted, but I got there!

Lixxi - The funny thing is that when I read about your local food, I think you're speaking alien, too. I just like to read it though. Much more exotic sounding than my menu!!!

Rhonda - I saw your other post and I think you had some great thoughts. Good for you with your new motivation! Awesome!

Nicolen - You do what you can! We just like seeing your name posting here!!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 12:55 PM   #5  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi everyone! Getting back into the groove at work....guess vacation can't last forever, then it wouldn't be vacation! I am going to the gym right after work and have a couple of errands to run after that. Tonight for dinner I am making a home made tomato soup. The recipe looks really good and easy....lets hope so! It's a damp, rainy day here so soup sounds good to me!

nicolen--Hi! Hope it's been good busy for you!!!

Rhonda--I am excited to hear your enthusiasm!!! I know you are up for the challange!

lixx--Did the a/c get fixed? I don't deal w/ hot weather very well... I'm w/ Diane,your menu sounds much more interesting than mine! LOL!

Diane--Congrats on a great weigh in and on getting to the gym!

Have a great OP day! Time to fill up that water bottle again!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 02:52 AM   #6  
Nicole

Hey lovelies.

OK, after the busiest weekend ever, my life is starting to calm down a bit and get back to normal. So Friday morning, went to the gym and worked out with yummy trainer who started by telling me that he was going to work me really hard that day. And he did - to the point where I felt like renaming him to "evil ****..." No, I don't mean that - he's a sweetie, really.

Got home and I just walked in the door when the phone rang and it was my sister. She's been building a new house and they've literally just finished. So my sister being impatient decided that she was going to start moving. Right then and there. Between the 2 of us and her husband, we got everything done by Sunday night. Not a bad achievement when you consider that my BIL is a chef and spent most of the weekend working, obviously.

So, I am feeling very sore, and the scales are responding to a not that fantastic weekend of eating by heading back to 235. I'm not worrying about that - given the amount of work we did, there's no way I've gained that much; it's going to be water weight...

Today my parents brought my niece back and I've just got back from having dinner with them. Now, I haven't seen my parents since January, or approximately 20 lbs. My mother's jaw dropped when she saw me, and every time she saw me from a different angle there was something new she noticed - "your back, your bum, look at your arms" etc. So feeling pretty good about myself at the moment.

It's new uniform time at work. I'm not that keen on any of the new tops - there's one that's pleated down the front, so it's not going to be for me, and the one with the keyhole...yeah, no. There's a crossover top that's not too bad, so I'll go with that, I think. Only question is now about the size. I got told today that my top looked strange and baggy so I think that's a compliment. Given that the order won't be delivered till August/September, I'm not sure whether or not to get a couple of sizes smaller and aim for that, or get a size smaller, since I know I'm there now...

Rhonda, I read your thread, and your exercise thread. Good for you! You're goig to rock this!

Lix, Singapore with no a/c - eek! I can understand the local food - I eat a lot of Asian food, although most of it is not particularly authentic! Any time you want to post recipes, please do so!

Diane, woohoo! Go you!

MJ, yum, tomato soup. If the recipe worked, are you able to share it? I know what you mean about getting back to work - I was not ready to go back!

Have fun everyone!
Old 04-21-2009, 07:55 AM   #7  
Former Quitter

Good morning, Friends! The sun is shining, the bird is chatting, good music is playing on the radio and I have a cup of coffee in hand. This will be a great day!

Lixxi - your food sounds fascinating. Have you tried putting some of the ingredients into one of the online calorie tracking sights? Someone might have put those foods into a database somewhere.
MJ - How was the soup?
Nicole - How exciting that Mom noticed your weight loss and your uniform tops are getting large! Can you believe that my Dad has never commented on my loss? It must be such a boost to have people notice.
Diane - girlfriend, I've been here a few months longer than you. I also get a little embarrassed sometimes, but...hey...we're still here and we're still trying. How many of our fellow 100lb clubbers have dropped out of sight?

Yesterday, food was on-plan and I dd my hour on the treadmill. Today is a 1600 calorie day. Hubby and I are headed to the fitness center after work for some weight training. I'll also get at least 30 minutes of walking on the treadmill.

Breakfast: Steelcut oats, skim milk
Snack: Yogurt
Lunch: Lean Cuisine
Snack: Banana, cheese stick, skim milk
Dinner: Coconut vegetable curry w/ quinoa
Snack: WW Chocolate cake

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 04-21-2009 at 07:56 AM.
Old 04-21-2009, 08:41 AM   #8  
mj5

Good Morning! It is going to be a great day! Now they are saying snow flurries Wed night/Thurs and 70 on Fri?! Gotta love the weather this time of year! LOL!!!

nicolen--Wow, no wonder you were so busy and are sore!!!! Yippee for people noticing and for your tops being too big. Hmmm, that's a tough one about which size to order...I would probably go w/ the size you are now. You could get them taken in, right? Kinda makes me glad I don't have to wear a uniform, although I'm sure it's much easier on the budget!

Rhonda--You are so pumped. I LOVE it!!! Great job. Keep it up. I know you can!

The soup was really good. I will get the recipe on here....as soon as I remember.

Yesterday was day 2 OP. I didn't count any days over vacation--some of them were close, but I really didn't do that great w/ food or exercise, so I wanted to start w/ a clean slate. My reward sweater is just waiting for me! It's lightweight, so even if it gets warm, I'll still be able to wear it!
Old 04-21-2009, 10:54 AM   #9  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Had to laugh at Rhonda's comment that coffee is in hand, the day will be good. I'm sitting here with my coffee... my friend. Anyway it made me laugh.

I've been having some good on plan days. It feels good. I had a good workout this morning. I get a little tired of my breakfast choices since I like to eat after the gym. So, it has to be very portable. And, I don't give myself much time in the morning so I'm doing good to make my lunch. Not so good about breakfast. Oh well.

Nicolen - It's the best when people start to notice!! Good for you!

MJ - Good job staying on plan! Especially coming off a vacation. That makes it even more impressive!

Rhonda - Yep, we are persistent, aren't we!? I was thinking about some of the people who used to post here. It's funny how you get to know people and then they just disappear.

Have a great day!!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 01:48 PM   #10  
the skies way bigger.

S/C/G: 66/61/50

Height: 5'3"

Hihi, just checking in to say that I'm still alive! Did okay in the food department today, not okay with the exercise. Considering it's like 2am here, and I need to get up in four hours, I'm keeping this teensy tiny short.

Great to hear that everyone's doing well! May we pull through this together!
lixximajig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 02:24 AM   #11  
Nicole

Hi everyone,

Well, I'm pleased to be at home tonight. They're picking another cold one, and we've had frosts for the last couple of mornings. I guess that means that winter is getting closer. The days are definitely starting to close in - it's already dark and it's not even 6:30 yet! Oh well. Spring will come eventually...

We had a messy day at work today. I had to have my one on one with the boss for this month, but between his meetings and mine it's been just about impossible. Anyway, he's happy with my progress and has given me a few areas to work on. Wouldn't it be nice to have one of those sessions where everything's perfect and you've got nothing to work on? Yeah, like that's going to happen!

Tomorrow, it'll be another gym session and work as usual. The gym's introducing spin classes, so they could be worth looking at, if they're at a time that works for me. I'm going to wait for the timetable to be released, I think!

Rhonda, and then there are those like me that drop out and come back time and time again! I guess it shows persistance if nothing else... Keep up the good work!

MJ, that weather sounds insane! Go you with the being OP!

Diane, I tend to have porridge or toast before going to the gym and then a boiled egg or muesli bar or piece of fruit between the gym and work. Are they options for you?

Lix, yay for feeling better, but get some sleep!

Beverly, how are you doing today?

Have fun everyone!
Old 04-22-2009, 08:55 AM   #12  
mj5

Good Morning! I am reaping one of the benefits of my new office this morning....I have gorgeous HUGE bay windows--floor to ceiling at one end and the sunlight is just streaming in. In fact it is so bright, I don't even have the lights on! Gotta love that!

Diane--Mmm, coffee...I am drinking water right now, but then I will have more coffee! Excellent for getting some good OP days and another good workout.

lixx--Hope you were able to get a little sleep!!

nicolen--Sounds like a great meeting! Yea, but if you had nothing to work on, wouldn't that be kinda boring too? Odd weather, I know, but this weekend will make up for it...it's going to be in the upper 70's and 80's!

I did not go to the gym last night BUT I took the dogs on a super long walk. I can even feel it in my arms this morning--I walk them on a tandem leash, so "steering" two active dogs who weigh 26lbs each is good for the upper body too! LOL!

Plan for tonight is to go to the gym right after work. I have my bag all packed and in the car!

Yesterday was 3 days OP!
Old 04-22-2009, 08:56 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi chickies....quick update. My mom has been very ill and in the hospital. I've been there for days.

Good news - she is doing better.

More good news - DH has been offered a good job in his field and will start in May.

I'll catch up when I can.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 09:25 AM   #14  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

hi all -- Rhonda, I love the enthusiasm girliegirl!!! you GOOOOO!!!!

br: cottage cheese (why do i NEVER get sick of this?? soooo yum!), 1 piece whole.w. toast with a smidgen of pb for taste, cup of tea, some strawberries ( i was starving this morning!!)

lunch: friend wants to meet at mcdonalds??? seriously??? WOW i'm SO eating my yummy 250 cal frozen dinner BEFORE i go and just have a coffee with her!

snack: handful of almonds, glass of milk (i'm getting back into milk! can't quite do skim, but 1%)

dinner: chicken in lemon black pepper marinade, rice dish with tons of veg in it, salad on the side

afters: lite jello with some pineapple in it

exercise: I found on youtube by sparkpeople (am i allowed to say that??) and they're resistance band workouts!! there's 2 different 8 minute videos, for upper and lower, and then a 20 minute one, they're awesome!!! I can get through all 3 now yay!! I downloaded them and burned them to DVD so I can do them in a bigger room than the computer room!

Last edited by Trazey34; 04-22-2009 at 09:27 AM.
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 10:08 AM   #15  
Former Quitter

Hi Friends!

I'm a bit late with my posting today. Woke up with nasty sinus headache. Took something and went back to bed for a bit. Now, I'm a little groggy, but headache free. Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolen View Post
and then there are those like me that drop out and come back time and time again!
And, we are so very glad you came back! You are a wonderful accountability partner. I wish everyone else would come back, too. I often wonder about them. Have the maintained their losses? Are they losing more? Are they happy with life?

Beverly - It is so good to hear from you. I'm sorry to hear about your Mom. I'll be praying for her. That is great news about Hubby's job situation!

MJ - Isn't the mornng sun a beautiful thing? My desk is next to an eastern facing window and I love it.

Trazey - McD's? Yikes! But, you have a plan and you will be successful.

Today is a 1400 calorie day for me.

Breakfast - Steel cut oats and coffee
Snack - Banana and cup of skim milk
Lunch - Lean Cuisine
Snack - Tangelo and cheese stick
Dinner - Leftover coconut veggie curry w/ quinoa
Snack - 1 cup of skim milk