General chatter - What does your avatar mean?

View Full Version : What does your avatar mean?

kiramira
04-19-2009, 06:08 PM
Hi y'all!
There so many avatars out there! I know that people put pictures of themselves up or choose one from the 3FC setup page, so I got to thinking --what does your avatar mean to you? And why did you pick it?
Kira

CountingDown
04-19-2009, 06:11 PM
My avatar is my own design.

I think a key lesson that I learned is that weight loss is a journey, and that you have to enjoy the journey.

Life is short, and you should find a plan that enhances your quality of life. You should do things that bring you joy while losing weight.

Doing so will help you find a plan that truly is a way of life - and thus GREATLY increase the odds that you will be successful :)

harrismm
04-19-2009, 06:30 PM
I love mine.My GRANDPA USED TO PLANT DAISIES FOR me every year when I was growing up>he passed away when I was 19.He was the love of my life....I miss him and when I saw the daisy I knew I had to have it!

dkneec19
04-19-2009, 06:40 PM
Just changed mine... before it was me and my dog Clyde. Now it's me pointing to the Hollywood sign. I guess I like it because I can see my progress in it. Especially in my legs! :)

kelly315
04-19-2009, 06:44 PM
It's one of my more recent "during" pics. I think people prefer to be able to see who they're talking to.

EZMONEY
04-19-2009, 09:28 PM
I switch mine up....as I am always trying to hide from the moderators ;)

The current one is from a 5K my wife and I did 2 weeks ago.

Jassica
04-19-2009, 09:30 PM
My long trip half way across the country (for nothing i might add, friggn economy) Woo winnie the pooh

Chelby29
04-19-2009, 10:13 PM
I'm a Jazzercise instructor. Even as a big girl, I can kick your butt! :D Muscle-bound pig suits me fine.

Operator265
04-19-2009, 10:18 PM
I was born and raised in Wyoming, so I chose the state flag for the time being. My last one was a blast b/c I'm on blast crew when I'm on day shift. The one before that was a haul truck which is what I do on graveyard shift.

Heather
04-19-2009, 10:18 PM
Gary, you can't hide from us! ;)

Mine is from last summer in Croatia. I am holding a fish I just gutted and scaled while standing on the rocks -- we rinsed the fish right in the sea. It was the first time I had scaled fish and represents that I am willing to try new things now. Plus, it was an amazing vacation and in the picture I can see how happy and healthy I am!

GradPhase
04-19-2009, 10:23 PM
I -LOVE- Croatia! It's where we vacationed when I was living in Bosnia. Oh! Memories!!

Mine is pretty self explanatory I guess? It's the determination to just get up and DO it. Do it ALL. I like the mountain background because a) the metaphor is pretty well known, b) I live in Alaska and c) one day I will be fit enough to ACTUALLY CLIMB A MOUNTAIN! How sweet is that?!

LAnneCarrington
04-19-2009, 10:26 PM
It's me at my current size!:carrot:

NorCal Jen
04-19-2009, 10:29 PM
I took this picture at my brother's cantina in his backyard and it just reminds me of Summertime fun, family and bbq. Besides, the frog looks cute in my brother's hat! LOL!

Leeesa
04-19-2009, 10:29 PM
Mine is doing what I love the most, mountain biking, it was last year, I was still around 210-ish but it was the first time in a loooong time that I saw an actual jawline on myself and it was very exciting for me :)

willow650
04-19-2009, 10:39 PM
Mine is just me on my motorcycle. I just really love my motorcycle and a chick on a bike is hot...LOL

EZMONEY
04-19-2009, 10:50 PM
Gary, you can't hide from us! ;)

Can you see me know? ;)

Mine is just me on my motorcycle. I just really love my motorcycle and a chick on a bike is hot...LOL

She certainly is! ;)

I took this picture at my brother's cantina in his backyard and it just reminds me of Summertime fun, family and bbq. Besides, the frog looks cute in my brother's hat! LOL!

OH MY! I thought Jimmy Buffett had joined us...dang! :mad:

JulieJ08
04-19-2009, 11:52 PM
Mine was just something personal to put up, that I already had on my computer. I'm dying to put up a new one I have, from the Race for the Cure this year, but I only have it as an actual photo, and no scanner. Soon!

junebug41
04-19-2009, 11:55 PM
Mine is just a wedding pic from August... this one is from a flattering angle- shows off the guns ;)

UrthWurm
04-20-2009, 12:05 AM
I just uploaded my avatar today. It's current pictures of me (the one in color) and my gf Sam (the one in black and white). It has meaning to me because not only did I take the pictures and edit them, but because it represents my reasons for doing this. For myself, my happiness & health, and the love of my life who happens to be losing weight with me! :D

sidhe
04-20-2009, 12:20 AM
Mine is a photoshopped interpretation of Picasso's butterfly. This is the tattoo I will get, when I'm finally done being a caterpillar. :)

Windchime
04-20-2009, 12:34 AM
"Windchime" is a pseudonym that I've used on and off for years when doing stuff online, so I figured I would use it here as well! The avatar is just a picture that I found online someplace that seemed to fit my style. I'm still not brave enough to put my picture out for all to see, but hopefully someday soon!

Bear
04-20-2009, 12:38 AM
Mine's a bear. Cause bears are really cute. Hehe.

Tacklenurse
04-20-2009, 05:10 PM
Mine is of my dog "Sandy". She is a chiweenie. Half chihuahua and half dachsund. She always makes me smile.

Shannon in ATL
04-20-2009, 05:16 PM
I had a really hard time picking an avatar - just had one from the 3FC samples for a while. I put up the Enterprise NCC-1701 a month or so after I joined here, because I was looking for something that represented part of who I am. I'm a Star Trek junkie, overall sci-fi, fantasy, junkie as well, really. Star Trek was the first big obsession in my life when I was young - my dad used to ask me to watch with him and I would always say "No dad, that's a stupid show". Then one day we went to see Star Trek III on opening night and it pulled me right in - I always regretted that I didn't take the time earlier, both because I would have loved it years earlier, and because I missed prime bonding time with my dad.

NorCal Jen
04-20-2009, 05:27 PM
OH MY! I thought Jimmy Buffett had joined us...dang! :mad:

If it helps, I am a huge Jimmy fan! So, there's at least another parrot head in the house! LOL! :D

Rowenna
04-20-2009, 05:54 PM
Mine is me from my best angle - the side! I love how I look in profile, I look so much skinnier, and you can't see the disproportionate love handles....but I want to be able to be confidant in my body from the front. So when I am, I will change the picture to a front view. That will be a happy day!

Chelby29
04-20-2009, 11:11 PM
I had a really hard time picking an avatar - just had one from the 3FC samples for a while. I put up the Enterprise NCC-1701 a month or so after I joined here, because I was looking for something that represented part of who I am. I'm a Star Trek junkie, overall sci-fi, fantasy, junkie as well, really. Star Trek was the first big obsession in my life when I was young - my dad used to ask me to watch with him and I would always say "No dad, that's a stupid show". Then one day we went to see Star Trek III on opening night and it pulled me right in - I always regretted that I didn't take the time earlier, both because I would have loved it years earlier, and because I missed prime bonding time with my dad.

I am SO excited about the Star Trek coming in May!

Funny story: Back in my teenage years, when The Next Generation came on, I'm take my banana clip and tie it over my eyes -- like Jordi LaForge. I was such a geek. :)

Wolf Goddess
04-21-2009, 12:04 AM
Mine is my screen name.

Riverite
04-21-2009, 12:11 AM
Mine is Buffy Summers--because I am going to kick butt on this weight loss thing! And, I'm a Buffy/Angel fanatic. It's kinda out of control.

Although, I am also unreasonably excited for the new Star Trek movie too...

Ruthxxx
04-21-2009, 10:02 AM
Mine is usually something happening in my world - or about to happen as in the case of today's daffodils. Coming soon - tulips! I don't use my picture because it's there in my profile if anyone wants to see me.

Shannon in ATL
04-21-2009, 11:24 AM
I'm way psyched for the new Trek movie as well! We are going to pre-order tix and go see it at the midnight preview on IMAX!

Riverite - I love Buffy/Angel, too! I have a Buffy magnet on my fridge and we recently rewatched Buffy on DVD (entire series), we are up to Season 3 of Angel, but got distracted by MASH. BTW, I started kickboxing because of watching Buffy. Loved that cool studio in the back of the magic shop...

honeybear
05-01-2009, 07:25 AM
Hmmm well, I hope my answer will be met with approving eyes lol. In my high school days, senior year mainly, of course I was in the clubbing scene, and my body was to die for. Every weekend, me and my friends would get dressed up, and go clubbing. Now on the nights we were going to this after hours club that featured slow spinning cages you could dance in that rotated above the dance floor, I would do my lipstick just like my avatar - to a tee, so it would reflect off the lights near the cages where I (ahem cough) cage danced. I was fully clothed don't worry, but um...yah...I liked the attention. So now that I'm trying to get close to that body again, I thought this was very inspirational, because it reminds me of the days :sniff: that I felt sexy, I turned heads, and had my pick of the litter, and I am determined to feel sexy again, just like I did then.

sws19
05-01-2009, 10:56 AM
mine is just a random pic of me from the winter after i moved to atlanta (translation: right as i reaaaallly started packing on the pounds. ha!). for some reason i just like it. i think it's the hair.

squeak351
05-01-2009, 11:10 AM
I change mine up all the time. Mine right now is my new pup Roxy who I adopted from the local animal shelter. She only had 2 days left:(

RobinW
05-01-2009, 02:23 PM
Hi y'all!
There so many avatars out there! I know that people put pictures of themselves up or choose one from the 3FC setup page, so I got to thinking --what does your avatar mean to you? And why did you pick it?
Kira

I picked it because it was cute and different...thats it :)

M Dizzle
05-01-2009, 04:28 PM
My son, Jaxon, and I. This picture is where I really looked at myself and saw that I changed. It was taken the week before Easter. I want to be the "old" me, the me that didn't tire playing with the handsome guy on my lap.

Basically....it's my reminder to get/stay committed, something I am still working on.

LittleMoonRabbit
05-01-2009, 10:34 PM
My avatar is me. It's a pic of me all dressed up in my "power suit". I just decided one day that nothing was stopping me from becoming the healthy, beautiful, powerful woman I wanted to become... and so I just started working on changing my attitude, my habits, and my life.

GirlyGirl
05-02-2009, 02:09 AM
My favorite.....~*Shoes!*~:cloud9:

lizziep
05-02-2009, 04:05 PM
my current one is from one of my favorite Anime shows- Haibane Renmei. Also, it will soon be tattooed on my body! :)

Delphi
05-02-2009, 04:25 PM
Mine is a recent one of me, smiling and being goofy. Which is the way I like to see myself...happy! ;)

PinkyPie
05-02-2009, 04:42 PM
My avatar at the moment is a photo I took of myself in February. I wish my body looked as good as my head (at least that's the way I see myself right now).

AmberShimmer
05-02-2009, 06:27 PM
Mine is just a random avatar. 'Cuz I like cats. And I like goofy avatars.

Tracy
05-02-2009, 07:33 PM
It means that I am a dreamer.I always was,and always will be. Being a dreamer,has good and bad points.;)

Ookpik
05-03-2009, 12:30 AM
I like to change mine around every now and then, but they are all related to the RCMP (Royal Canadian Mounted Police) because that is the organization I am trying to join, and what prompted me to try and lose the weight in the first place.

Right now, I have an RCMP DeHavilland (DH-6) Twin Otter (helicopter previously) because I love anything to do with aviation. If I actually make it to the RCMP, after three years of general duty, I may try to get my pilot's license and join their Air Services division. Police work and flying are two things I've thought about doing for a long time, and now I am finally trying to make them happen.

SarahBEE
05-04-2009, 01:53 AM
I had to go with one of my favorite lolcats pictures. Makes me smile every time I see it, and seemed applicable for the theme here.
I know it's hard to see, but it says:
Teh media portrays unrialistik body image ideels for teh young felines of today.
*grin* Makes me giggle a little

Star2Be
05-04-2009, 02:11 AM
Mine is pretty self-explanatory, I think--it's a play off of the chick avatars that 3FC offers, but with a pic of myself! I've been making ones like this to celebrate each 10-lb mark (with the first being made when I was 50 lbs down), and it's sort of become something I look forward to... Just one of those simple pleasures, heh. :) Oh, and I like having it be my own face instead of the 3FC chicks because it feels more personal that way--plus I know I always enjoy being able to put a face with the names of my online buddies, so I make sure to give you all the same "pleasure" of seeing my face next to all of my posts, LOL! :lol:

It's so interesting to read the stories behind everyone's avatars! Some of the pictures that I would have thought were just kind of randomly picked have actually turned out to be pretty meaningful to the person; that's so cool. :D

yoyoma
05-04-2009, 05:10 AM
Mine is intended to help me avoid the denial that resulted in my weight gain.

In addition to not realizing I was heavy, I was even surprised when I discovered (after losing weight) that my waist/hip ratio was unhealthy and that I was apple shaped. I mean, d'oh.

Wifey
05-04-2009, 11:28 AM
Mine is Snoopy showing exactly how I feel about being overweight! :lol3:

kiramira
05-04-2009, 03:52 PM
I know I asked the question, but I didn't explain why I have my avatar! When I signed up, I put the chick picture from the 3FC selection on as my avatar. And the phrase that popped immediately into my head was from E! network's show, The Soup. On which Joel McHale (the host) has a segment that he calls "CHICKS, man".
Being a 3FCr, this seemed appropriate as my slogan. So then In thought I'd find some animated chicks, too. So there you go!
Kira

mudskippersgrl
05-05-2009, 01:08 PM
just because its funny

<----- lol

Nachtlicht
05-06-2009, 12:53 AM
Mine is a picture I scribbled out of my pony persona :p Nerdy yes?

Peaches
05-08-2009, 08:55 AM
Right now, mine is a tribute to my Irish heritage.:cupgold: I've been away from forums for so long, I have to figure all this out again!! :o

weezerloo
05-18-2009, 03:41 AM
mudskippersgrl-yours made me laugh out loud!! love it!

My avatar is one of the few pics the the last 5 years that I actually like of myself. It was taken at the flower fields in Carlsbad after I had lost about 25 pounds. My friend thought I was a dork for wanting to take a pic like that in the flower maze, but I love the way it turned out!:)

Ookpik
05-19-2009, 12:58 AM
It's a cool pic, Weezer!

Lexxiss
05-19-2009, 09:19 PM
Being new, and unable to figure out how to post my picture, I picked my favorite flower. After years of gardening in Alaska one of my great joys is to be able to have a really fun garden each summer. The sunflowers are already healthy and happy, and by the way, Lexxiss, is my chowhound. An Aussie/Golden mix, she lives to eat.:sunny:

Debbie

Vivify
05-19-2009, 10:37 PM
Mine is the closest picture I could find that looks like my Dog Dewey!

Star2Be
05-20-2009, 01:22 AM
Aww, weezerloo, I really like your avy picture, too! It's just so sunny and flowery, and you look so happy! :D Your friend was probably just jealous that s/he didn't have the idea to take a picture first! ;) Hehe!

TJFitnessDiva
05-20-2009, 01:39 AM
Mine is the most recent picture of me...with a friend that I found crossing the highway. We were taking him to release him in a place that was a little more safe. Yes I do that a lot and no...I still have all of my limbs & digits ;)

Star2Be
05-20-2009, 01:45 AM
^ RomanceDiva, I've been meaning to tell you that I *love* your new picture as well! It just blows my mind every time I see it--you look SO skinny! :eek: I barely even noticed your little "friend" at first (hehe!) because I couldn't get over how fab you look. :D

blue fairy
05-20-2009, 01:50 AM
I just really like mine. Its a cool pic