Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2002, 08:58 AM   #1  
Bono Fanatic!

Talking Friday!!!!!!!!!!

Good morning!

Just starting the thread.... a longer post is on its way!!
Old 06-07-2002, 09:01 AM   #2  
Bono Fanatic!

Angry Boy update!!

Well, he called again last night and we talked for an hour! We are going out to dinner tonight and then either to a movie or to watch the basketball game, whatever we feel like doing at that time. But, I realized that unless I find time to post tomorrow morning, you will have to wait until June 19th when I am back from my vacation to find out how it went!!

Also, I weighed myself this morning since I won't be going to my meeting tomorrow morning and I am down 2 pounds! Good... that just means I can eat more in Italy!

How is everyone else? Any exciting weekend plans??
Old 06-07-2002, 09:22 AM   #3  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default Yawning, but happy...

Well, my first week back on days has not gone as planned... I was going to start losing the weight I gained on nights, but this week has involved a lot of eating out, for some reason. Monday it was the Chinese buffet. Tuesday it was Taco Bell, and last night was Fuddruckers. I have a feeling that this week is pretty much shot, but today (and for the rest of the weekend) I'm going to try eating at the low end of my points range, exercising to get some activity points, and hopefully I'll at least show a small loss on Tuesday.

Last night's date was wonderful, except that Aaron wasn't feeling very well and we had a movie fiasco... Dinner was super-good, of course I totally pigged out. Oops. We were going to see Insomnia at this one theater, but we went and they had no power and hadn't had power for awhile. (BF of course had to poke fun at me because I work at the power plant and thinks I should be able to pull some strings to get the power turned back on.) So we went to a different theater. We wanted to go to a relatively early show, all they had that hadn't started already were kind of late ones. So we drove across town to a different theater, same problem. Finally we just rented The Mothman Prophecies. He slept through it...

A terrible thing happened to me on the way home from his house. I was driving down sort of a busy street and saw something running in the direction of my car out of the corner of my eye. Too late I realized that it was a bunny and I couldn't do anything... Of course, I had to go back and make sure it was dead, which was the most traumatic thing I could have done to myself at that point. I bawled most of the way home and am still kind of depressed about it today. I just feel so frustrated and feel like I must not have been paying close enough attention and that I could have saved it's life if I'd been more attentive and I keep trying to figure out why I didn't see it earlier--I wasn't doing anything like changing the radio stations or looking in my rearview mirror... I feel so guilty...

Jen--I think you should cancel your date for tonight. It's going to kill us to wait until you get back from Italy to hear what happened.

OK, I better get a little work done. Will check back in later!
Old 06-07-2002, 09:34 AM   #4  
Cockeyed Optimist

Jen - the suspense is going to kill us! Have fun tonight and a great time in Italy.

Jess - I've no doubt that you'll be back on track with your eating plan in no time. I'm sorry you're having such a tough time regarding the bunny but remember, it was an accident, so go easy on yourself.

I had a blast at the bar watching the Wings last night. I've been going with a buddy from work but went on my own last night and had a much better time. Lisa - it turns out that if you show up in that little black skirt at a bar alone to watch a sporting event - guys love to keep you company. Granted they were all boys (probably about 7 years younger than me) but it was still an ego boost!

I need to buckle down at work today so I may not get a chance to check back in. Hope everyone has a splendid weekend.

Winter
Old 06-07-2002, 09:40 AM   #5  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Girls.... I love reading your posts... I feel like I'm reading the sequal to Bridget Jones Diary... I swear.

Jen - have an awesome time. You know... that would be cruel to not post how the date went. What a tease. have an EXCELLENT time in Italy. Enjoy the food. In fact... at my gym there was a post up that said Rome - Chicken Alfredo, 880 cal. New York, Chicken Alfredo, 1950 cal. - Basically... there culture isn't obsessed with enourmous portions... so even if you eat to hearts delight.... you'll fair fine. but I know if I were going to Italy... I'd forget what points were for the whole week.

Jess - funny story (except for the bunny... I'm sorry, I killed a seagull once and it got stuck in the grill of my car and I was freaking out). SOmetimes those are the best dates (although, I wouldn't know )

baby shower with pizza and cake for lunch! I'm scared. I really want to only have 1 piece... I'm scared I'll have 2. Please send some willpower my way around noon time. I've been excellent all week, and I don't want to blow it, because I need 11 points for dinner tonight (already have dinner planned).

OOOOHHHHHHH - and I kept forgetting to respond about the fondue thing. I emailed her and asked that she maybe save fondue night for when she has the next dinner since I already did the grocery shopping. then we were talking, and she's bringing fresh fruit and one fondue (chocolate) for dipping. I'm going to dip 1 or 2 strawberries and then eat the rest plain. I've asked all my guests to keep an eye on me.

Lisa
Old 06-07-2002, 09:42 AM   #6  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Winter... we were posting at the same time I guess. I will try that. I do notice that guys are super impressed when they find out I'm a sports nut. I need to get myself one of those little black skirts!!!!!!!! Congrats on the game. I thought of you when they won. Maltby's unstopppable these days!

Lisa
Old 06-07-2002, 11:08 AM   #7  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Hi Ladies. I haven't posted in a while, just kind of been lurking, but I wanted to let y'all know that your late afternoon advice worked. If I plan what I can eat and don't let anything else be an option, well then it just isn't an option. Hard when you're at home with a baby all day, but good things, like health and fitness, are worth the work. Thanks for your encouragement and support.

You all have such fascinating lives! Trips, parties...I need to get out more! Have a great weekend, everyone.
Old 06-07-2002, 11:11 AM   #8  
Started IP 1/8/13

Height: 5'7"

Good morning everyone

Well my plans for this weekend are good for once! Tonight I'm going to hear this Led Zeppelin tribute band with a couple of friends of mine, we're going to find a hotel and stay there after, and then saturday night we're going to another bar to see another band, also out of town! It's always exciting to get out of this stupid town I've lived in forever, see new people, new bands... It'll be fun! [Since the job-hunt isn't going well yet, I need a pick-me-up!]

Jen -- have an awesome time in Italy, i agree with everyone else, don't even think about what you're eating, just enjoy! Usually, traveling, I do enough walking anyway to burn off whatever crap I put in my mouth!

Jess -- Good luck getting back on track, and don't feel too bad about the bunny... it must've been its time to go...

Winter -- I've always been to chicken adn shy to go to a bar by myself, but I may have to try it sometime. And get that short black skirt, sounds like you had an awesome time!

Lisa -- A gull got caught in the grill of your car!? whoa. That would freak me out! Thoughts of having to pry it out of the grill have just hit my mind.... ick.... ~~Sending you willpower~~

well I"m off to work for a few hours [part-time fast food stuff -- no I didn't find a job yet!]

have a good weekend everyone!
Old 06-07-2002, 11:27 AM   #9  

Default Motivation!!!

Hi everyone! Lisa-I agree with you-it's like reading Bridget Jones to read this board-I love it!!!!

So, I put on my favorite pair of black jeans this morning and they were a little snug. I then decided to go back to WW meetings. I couldn't face the scale and weigh myself. I know what I need to do-I am just not doing it. So I am re committing myself as of now!! There is still a month left of the swimsuit challenge!!!

I will attend a meeting either tonight or tomorrow morning.

My weekend plans are lame-we were going to go visit a friend in NY-but that is like 5 hours away-and we have so much to do at home in preparation for DH's sister visiting next weekend that we decided to stay home. Then DH e-mails me about a bunch of his ex roomies getting together to watch the Tyson fight tomorrow night-was I interested?? NO WAY! I hate boxing-I think it is so pointless-really-to pay money to watch two grown men beat the s**t out of each other???
So now I've given up a fun weekend of wine tasting and hanging out with my friend to stay home and paint and possibly watch boxing on TV. *sigh*.

Oh well...hope the rest of you have great weekends...Jen-have a great time in Italy-I love Italy-I ate like a pig when I was there-gelati one or two times per day-but I gained no weight-we walked around a lot, and things there are cooked more healthily than here....drink lots of wine!! It's cheaper than soda over there!
Old 06-07-2002, 11:28 AM   #10  
Eve's Mom

Hey girls, I was up 4#!!! I was super depressed. I was wearing Jeans, which may have accounted for some, but not all....

I went to the doc and she said that its another 2 weeks before I can start low impact exercise, and that she recommends I don't worry about gaining any #'s right now since my body needs extra energy to heal itself, which account for my extreme fatigue....but I told her about WW and she said if I eat within points (which I have been) and gain/maintain and don't lose, its no big deal, cuz my body is in trauma mode and is trying to survive. Damn body. SHe thinks I should continue going/counting b/c its good habit forming and when I am active and healthy again I'll see the payoff. SO....I won't give up, even though I am a bit discouraged. I think I’ll try eating low point one day higher the next, as I think it was Lisa who recommended.

Also, she said I won't re-gain full mobility of my forearm, as I have cracked my elbow so it causes the other bone to buckle when I turn my arm palm up. And I am high risk for osteoperosis, so I Have to take lots of calcium over the next 9 years. Lucky for me, I am only 26 years old and I have time to increase my bone density. B/f feels very very bad about it and keeps apologizing. He is going on his boys weekend afterall, leaving in a few minutes, back on Sunday.

Jen – oooo, you must let us know. I am so happy for you going to Italy.

Jess – I can relate with the bunny. Poor thing you are, don’t feel bad, you didn’t mean to!! Thank got it wasn’t a cow or we’d have lost YOU!!!

Winter – nothing wrong with ego boosts once in awhile, glad you had fun….

Aarons mom – Jayne is it? Glad the advice worked! You should come around more often to chat….

Angie – woo hoo, have fun at Led Zepplin tribute, bar, hotel, other bar, other band, etc…..sounds like a fun weekend!!

Well, back to work!!

Belle
Old 06-07-2002, 12:08 PM   #11  
Proud Canadian

Oh - it's so busy today I barely have time to read all the posts. I had the best night last night - I visited my grandparents. My grandfather loaned me $5000 when I bought my car and I've been saving and paying him in $1000 installments. Last night I gave him the 3rd payment and he gave me a receipt saying PAID IN FULL!!!! My debt load just disappeared. I was shocked. and happy. BF has been saying for months that he would pay it off for me and then I wouldn't have to worry but I really wanted to do it myself and now it's done. Just the Visa left to pay off. Grandparents are cool.

ANyway, quick hi to everyone Lexxy, Belle, Kirsty, Angie, Lisa, Lorie, Jess, Jen and everyone else who's around.

KT
Old 06-07-2002, 12:50 PM   #12  
Bono Fanatic!

Talking I'm getting antsy!!

I am having such a hard time focusing today. I knew I would be that way, which is why I worked so much earlier in the week. Just 5 more hours....

Belle - Sorry to hear about the gain, but continue keeping on. There is not much else you can do, and i give you so much credit for continuing to follow the plan, even though you are struggling.

KT - WOOHOO on the car loan!! That is so awesome. Granparents really are the best! There is no one in the world like them.

Lori - Sorry to hear your weekend plans went awry, but at least you will get some work done around the house. I don't like boxing either, esp. when it involves Mike Tyson, who is the most pathetic excuse for a human being I have ever seen.

Angie - Have a fun weekend!

Aaronsmom - Stop by more often!

Lisa - How did lunch go? You really amaze me how you have a plan for everything. No wonder you have been so successful. Good luck at the dinner party this weekend, but I'm sure you'll be fine.

Winter - Sounds like you had a fun night with the younger men!

Jess - Don't be too hard on yourself about the bunny. There was nothing you could do, and accidents happen. At least you had a good night with your bf!

Okay - I should TRY to get some more work done...
Old 06-07-2002, 02:20 PM   #13  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Jen... I do try to plan... although, it doesn't always go as planned. Like I knew I was going to have two pieces of Pizza. I knew it. Darn it.... so I've had 19 points... leaving me only 4 for dinner. ALthough, I've banked 8 this week.... so I'll be okay. But I really didn't want to use my banked points. I wish you hadn't said I amaze you... because now I feel worse about eating the second slice. AGH! Not much longer before the weekend!! Woo hoo.

Belle... sounds good then. Your doctor sounds like she's helping you... and she's absolutely right...

Angie - it was awful. I swear the seagull was commiting suicide. He flew right into my car. I drove home in tears.... when I go home, I saw he was stuck in the grill. I almost threw up. I had my dad clean him out. Ugh!

Winter - are you still around? Well... I'm psyched about this weekend. There are boy prospects tomorrow night. We went out with some guys like a month ago in a group... and I liked this one boy. Well, I thought I'd never hear from them again.. and they emailed one of my friends and we're going out with them again. They even said "extend the invitation to Lisa." So.... I won't get my hopes up... but it should be fun!

Guys... hopefully I'll get pictures developed this weekend and can post a more recent one.

Lisa
Old 06-07-2002, 03:00 PM   #14  
Bono Fanatic!

Default Lisa...

You still amaze me! Yes, you ate more than you planned, but you have the points banked so you are in good shape.
Old 06-07-2002, 04:16 PM   #15  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Thanks Jen!! And have the best time EVER in italy! We'll miss you.

Okay - Ladies - have a blast this weekend. Talk to y'all on Monday!

Lisa
Closed Thread