Weight Loss Support - 5 Lbs of BOLOGNA ~ GUARANTEED Magic Pill

Pages : [1] 2 3

EZMONEY
04-18-2009, 10:31 PM
Spring is here :flow1: Summer :sunny: is just around the corner. It is now time to put up :yes: or shut up :tape:

Time to put that :wizard: MAGIC PILL to work!

That's :nono: NO BALONEY!!

I will admit we have struggled with this 5 POUND GUARANTEED LOSS :wizard: MAGIC PILL...it has not been EZ :no:

Life has got in the way...it has been :crazy: KRAZY at times! For a lot of us it's a :club: HARD KNOCK LIFE....some of us have it way too EZ :beach:

Reflecting back on our past posts I see we have :cheers: drank too much....yours truly....we have :celebrate: partied too much...that, again, would be me...:hun: forgotten how to eat sensibly...me, again....:coach: failed to listen to all of Angie's coaching...me AGAIN!...:woops: exercised too little when time did permit for it...I see a pattern here....ME! ;)

Time to make a :running::running::running: for the :sunny: summer TEAM...

Time to lose those 5 extra we carried around through the :shocksn: winter...

Time to thaw :dance: the baloney/bologna out and get the grill :flame: fired up!

Time is :running: running out :yes: Time to join our team! Entry fee is half price today...making it 1/2 of FREE!

And who couldn't use a deal in this economy....right? :)

As they said in THE GODFATHER....

:yikes: "Leave the gun ....take the baloney" :yikes:

or was it....take the cannoli? ;)

Sweetcaroline
04-18-2009, 11:21 PM
OK Gary, I'm convinced... You've gone smiley-mad :joker:

I'm definitely on board !!

iriswhispers
04-18-2009, 11:22 PM
mmm.... cannoli....

I mean! sign me up!! =)

EZMONEY
04-18-2009, 11:25 PM
Great to have you here SWEET-C and IRIS back...:hug:

dutchgirl
04-19-2009, 03:10 AM
GARY

PUT ... DOWN ... THAT ... CANOLI!!!:nono:

Count me in - nothing like a bit of baloney to get ya goin!:D

blondebritbrat17
04-19-2009, 09:07 AM
Count me in.. whew that's a lot of smileys...

I've joined a fitness boot camp that starts on the 27th this month at my job three times a week after the kiddos leave and it will go until May 22nd. So hopefully now that I've paid and have some fab co workers that I love doing it as well to keep me going I'll see some results. I'm also going to sign up for another one that is in the summer time when I am off. Yesterday I did at least 2 miles on the track/football field at the university where the Relay for Life walk was going on since I had signed up for a lap time and then plus pushed my mom around the track in her wheelchair when it was time to do the survivor walk. I didn't have a pedometer and nor did I keep count of how many times I walked around so all I know is I walked at least 2 miles yesterday since after the 3rd lap around I stopped counting. She had a bad morning so it was decided she'd stay in the wheelchair to preserve energy. But it all worked out. I am tired though!

Have a great Sunday everyone!

mrsaugie
04-19-2009, 10:17 AM
i will try it even though i cannot stand bologna. uck! but since it is for the good of the team i will give it a go.

any way i know i will be up this week. i am change WI from sat to Mon. because i always struggle over the weekends and hopefully this way i will be more conscience of what i am doing. aka the boredom eating.

EDIT: on second thought if i do not like bologna maybe this will be a good thing for me after all.

mtiger
04-19-2009, 01:53 PM
Hey, is that lowfat bologna??? How about a little turkey??

Gary- The pll worked for me. I lost 10 pounds since the first of the year. Maybe this one will be more potent and I can lose 15 pounds.

Brit- So glad to hear you got your mom out for a lap at the walk. Enjoy the bootcamp. Give it your all.

I am up this weekend- mid-cycle gain time. My DD has affectionately named it my WTH time. I just keep eating right and working out daily. It all works out eventually.

iriswhispers
04-19-2009, 06:28 PM
Mindy, congrats on 10 lbs! =)

Mrs.Augie, I don't much care for bologna, either - but I agree that it may be a good thing for weight loss!

Brit, that bootcamp w/ people from work sounds great. My friend from work took me w/ her to a fitness class at her gym as a guest, and it really was great to have a workout buddy. Also it was fun to try something new - it was a zumba class!

Gary, I guess both cannolis AND bologna are on the no-no list. I can deal with that, but what about wine and beer??:hat: My birthday is coming up!

EZMONEY
04-19-2009, 08:08 PM
OK Gary, I'm convinced... You've gone smiley-mad :joker:

How can you say that? :shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug:

GARY

PUT ... DOWN ... THAT ... CANOLI!!!:nono:

You're scaring me :yikes:

Count me in - nothing like a bit of baloney to get ya goin!:D

Gets me "goin'" to the bathroom!

Count me in.. whew that's a lot of smileys...

How can YOU say that? :shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug:

Great job at the track :tantrum: BRAT :tantrum: I bet your mom was happy to be "pushed" around ;)

EDIT: on second thought if i do not like bologna maybe this will be a good thing for me after all.

I guarantee you will all be "full of it" before we are done here ;)

Hey, is that lowfat bologna??? How about a little turkey??

Who died and made you :drill: CAPTAIN?

Gary- The pll worked for me. I lost 10 pounds since the first of the year. Maybe this one will be more potent and I can lose 15 pounds.

I NOW make you :drill: CAPTAIN! :drill:....great job :carrot:

Gary, I guess both cannolis AND bologna are on the no-no list. I can deal with that, but what about wine and beer??:hat: My birthday is coming up!

Are you kidding me IRIS? If I took wine and beer off of our "can have" list...there would be no need for a 5 Pound Magic Pill...we just can't have that now can we? :no:

mrsaugie
04-20-2009, 08:31 AM
well as i feared i was up this week. i am up to 179.6 :( but i know what i did and what i HAVE to do to get it down. so now time to start a new week.

dutchgirl
04-20-2009, 12:26 PM
Mindy, congrats on 10 lbs! =)

Also it was fun to try something new - it was a zumba class!

Iris, is zumba any good? they are infomercialling us to death with it here in the Netherlands and It has made me a bit curious.

iriswhispers
04-20-2009, 02:07 PM
Dutchgirl, I really enjoyed the zumba class! It's like aerobics but you shake it a lot!

The only problem was that I 'd just come from a conference where I loaded up on munchies for "dinner" and that did not sit well when i started jumping around!

dutchgirl
04-20-2009, 02:28 PM
oh I know that feeling:p:lol:
sounds like zumba would make my excess baggage jiggle - maybe it would jiggle away for good! I may just have to give it a try.

mtiger
04-20-2009, 06:12 PM
Everybody is doing Zumba. I want to do Zumba. Did I just say that out loud??? Since when do I "WANT" to try a new exercise??? What has happened to me??

Gary- Captain I am not. Vigilant supporter I can handle. However, you won't catch me drinking beer and eating Cannoli's on the weekend. :^: That's okay. Better you than me.

Hey guys. Just for your info, I posted in the Mini goals thread, with pics. Check it out. I was nervous about doing it. I still have a long way to go.

EZMONEY
04-20-2009, 07:07 PM
Hi TEAM

I weighed in this morning at 180 for the 3rd day in a row....dang...I did get to the high 70's for a few days last week.

I have my eating at about 50/50....and when I blow it I don't usually do it too bad...but those beer calories do add up!

Maybe I should raise my red line from 175 to 180....hummm

or would that just make me full of baloney/bologna?

EZMONEY
04-20-2009, 07:08 PM
Yes...do check out future SUPER MODEL pics of MINDY!

willow650
04-20-2009, 07:19 PM
I need a Challenge, so I will hop on in here

EZMONEY
04-20-2009, 07:56 PM
Welcome to the TEAM MANDY!

willow650
04-20-2009, 08:50 PM
so what exactly is the challenge?..lol

EZMONEY
04-20-2009, 09:02 PM
No challenge...the GUARANTEE is (of course you may not know this if you haven't been on any of the other 5 pound GUARANTEE loss threads) that I personlly GUARANTEE a 5 pound loss with ....started out as a MAGIC PILL...now turned into BALONEY!

Stick around...you'll see...it's about support!

EZMONEY
04-20-2009, 09:03 PM
OH and most important...YOU have to help me out with my GUARANTEE...or I look like a liar....wink

iriswhispers
04-20-2009, 11:13 PM
Welcome, willow!

Mindy, I'm going to go check out your other post... maybe it will inspire me NOT to keep eating, cos I have the munchies big time tonight!

EZMONEY
04-20-2009, 11:18 PM
:coach: Step away from the munchies IRIS!

yep....I got my :crazy: eye on you ;)

iriswhispers
04-20-2009, 11:28 PM
:hun: caught red-handed with my hand in the tortilla chips bag!!! It's back in the pantry now... at least it was an extra 200 cals or so and not a whole second dinner's worth of food.

Thanks, coach! :)

EZMONEY
04-21-2009, 12:52 AM
Great job kiddo...mine would have been loaded with cheese!

dutchgirl
04-21-2009, 02:22 PM
Hey Mindy
Saw your pics.
You're doing GREAT!

:bravo:

blondebritbrat17
04-21-2009, 05:47 PM
Mtiger-awesome pictures!!

I am trying not to stress out about some certain personal things due to some social family invitations I have just gotten in the mail and one of them is from the side of the family I have just recently cut off communication with my grandmother and aunt and I am unsure of how to go about handling it. I am trying to not eat my way through it. So far so good. Keeping busy has been a good thing. My mom got some very good news about 10 days ago which I forgot to share with you guys since some of you have had such nice and supportive things to say to me when I've been a bit down or stressed. My mom had some testing done like a PET scan and etc and it revealed that the chemo is working despite them lowering the dosage drastically and that there is shrinkage of tumors and some are actually gone in the lungs and no further spreading of the cancer to anywhere else in the body. It's very good news since this time around she has been running out of treatment options very rapidly due to countless complications. Since I've found out this news I really have felt 15 pounds lighter. I had not realized how heavily this weighed on me. I am so looking forward to being off work this summer and focusing on my health and I am not doing summer classes to take a mental break as well and perhaps having some fun with her since she is supposed to be done with chemo by June I think and hope.

Anyways have a great afternoon!

willow650
04-21-2009, 06:17 PM
Great job kiddo...mine would have been loaded with cheese!

heehee mine to

willow650
04-21-2009, 06:19 PM
Ok, is this the place for confession? If so, I just want to say, I just had 3 scoops of Ice cream at Ben&Jerry's. its free cone day there and you can go through line as much as you like so i went through 3 times. Needless to say, Im not hungry for dinner and I just got invited to go on a walk with a couple friends so, going to do that. Why is ice cream so good?

iriswhispers
04-21-2009, 06:38 PM
walk it off! =)

Buttercup
04-21-2009, 07:06 PM
Okay! Me too! Sign me up!! I need all the support there is!! Let's do it!!!:carrot:

mtiger
04-21-2009, 07:09 PM
Thanks for checking out my pics. The comments are very special today. Yep, it is ovulation time and the pounds are on. 5 of them. Yep, 5. WTH??? It is good to be reminded of how far I have come.

Brit- Great news about mom. Hopefully things keep going in this direction for her.

Willow- Nice to see you over here. Ben&Jerry's?? Glad there isn't one of those around here. The mood I'm in today and I could have been in real trouble.

EZMONEY
04-21-2009, 07:15 PM
.... I am so looking forward to being off work this summer and focusing on my health.....

I think it's time dear :hug: Great news on your mom :carrot:

Ok, is this the place for confession? ...

Of course MANDY! We all need to confess or we'd be FULL of baloney! Man oh man I remember the Cherry Garcia days...bad news ;)

walk it off! =)

Great advice asst. Team Captain! :)

Okay! Me too! Sign me up!! I need all the support there is!! Let's do it!!!:carrot:

Welcome BUTTERCUP....:)

.... It is good to be reminded of how far I have come.

:carrot: YES! and you still are going forward!!! :carrot:

willow650
04-22-2009, 09:02 AM
ok I walked about 3 miles last night, probably a little over and ran up and down a flight of stairs 6 times I think. This morning, I weigh the same as yesterday day. i wish I could for a walk today but I am babysitting a 3 month old and no stroller.

dutchgirl
04-22-2009, 11:50 AM
I just had 3 scoops of Ice cream at Ben&Jerry's.

OOOH! New York Super Fudge Chunk! I could murder a carton of that.
But I won't. I'll be a good girl and eat my veggies. (SIGH!)

iriswhispers
04-22-2009, 12:57 PM
Welcome, buttercup!

Mandy, sounds like you took care of the ice cream splurge, congrats! =) Baskin robbins has a 30 cent scoop day or something like that coming up, which I'm going to try to avoid. I love ice cream, though! And it loves my hips!!

mtiger
04-22-2009, 05:42 PM
OMG!!! Enough with the ice cream talk. I am starving right now and ice cream sounds great. :p I can have some Schwann's light for 130 calories a half cup.

This roller coaster I am on can be so frustrating. After gaining 5 pounds this week, now I am down 1.2 today. Hopefully more tomorrow. AAAHHHH!!! I have the craziest body in the world.

willow650
04-22-2009, 06:36 PM
OOOH! New York Super Fudge Chunk! I could murder a carton of that.
But I won't. I'll be a good girl and eat my veggies. (SIGH!)
yep, I had a scoop of that, some Cherry Garcia and Triple caramel something.

willow650
04-22-2009, 06:46 PM
today was a weird day. reakfast was 1/2cup skim milk, 1serving mulitgrain Cheerios and 1 serving All Bran Bran Buds, then I had a banana smoothie with 1/2 serving fat free yogurt, 1/2cup skim milk, 80grams of banana and 1/2 a serving of Hemp protein powder. this was all before 11am. Then I went shopping, I had my 5yr old and the 3month old I was baby sitting, I notice its 1:30 and my biy is hungry so we stop at McDonalds and get him a kids meal(very rare treat).I ordered a diet coke because I was really thirsty and a little hungry but P didn't want to eat there. I eat 3 of my sons fries and then after about 1/2 the drink was gone I realized it was not diet coke, it was Dr pepper(no diet) For dinner I had some boiled potatoes, with a little Earth Balance buttery spread, some light sour cream, then some green beans and 2 thinly sliced baked pork chops with a 2 table spoons barbecue sauce. I didn't have time to measure my dinner because I had to eat fast, since i didn't know when the baby was getting picked up and she was getting fussy. Thinking I might for for a walk or something

EZMONEY
04-22-2009, 08:04 PM
Well I am still at 180-1...again...every single day.

Probably not going to be down in the morning either since I had a 6 hour day at work today...so less calories burned....Angie is teaching 2 classes of yoga at church tonight so I am in charge of dinner....hot dogs ~ baked beans and chips...so no weight loss there!! Nathans hot dogs are so good and about 250 calories...dang! Better get out the Hebrew National 50 calorie ones!!

I did get 3 miles in with the mutts so that burned off at one of my future hot dogs!

Keep going forward TEAM!

mrsaugie
04-22-2009, 08:07 PM
well so far so good today still have not eaten supper waiting DH to get home from work.

willow650
04-22-2009, 09:51 PM
Well I am still at 180-1...again...every single day.

Probably not going to be down in the morning either since I had a 6 hour day at work today...so less calories burned....Angie is teaching 2 classes of yoga at church tonight so I am in charge of dinner....hot dogs ~ baked beans and chips...so no weight loss there!! Nathans hot dogs are so good and about 250 calories...dang! Better get out the Hebrew National 50 calorie ones!!

I did get 3 miles in with the mutts so that burned off at one of my future hot dogs!

Keep going forward TEAM!

Are the chips at least the baked ones??

iriswhispers
04-22-2009, 10:50 PM
I don't want to speak too soon, there's always the chance for a night-time binge, but today has been OP! I've been struggling lately, so I'm pretty excited. =)

willow650
04-23-2009, 07:06 AM
I don't want to speak too soon, there's always the chance for a night-time binge, but today has been OP! I've been struggling lately, so I'm pretty excited. =)

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! One day at a time! and 1 hour, and 1 minute,,,,

EZMONEY
04-23-2009, 08:33 AM
Well those hot dogs and chips kicked in...all that salt!

Up one ound to 182...need to hit it hard today

off to work ~ have a great day TEAM!

willow650
04-23-2009, 04:08 PM
Well i got my exercise in today. I decided that my son and I would walk to the Library, its about 2.5 miles(he road his bike) Well I get there, go to the front desk to see about getting a card, open my purse to get my ID and its missing, along with my bank card. My only thought is they are laying somewhere along my walking path, we turn around and had back home, nothing. I got on my bike, rode the path again, still nothing. My husband and I are going back out to look again. Please pray I find them.

willow650
04-23-2009, 04:45 PM
Well i got my exercise in today. I decided that my son and I would walk to the Library, its about 2.5 miles(he road his bike) Well I get there, go to the front desk to see about getting a card, open my purse to get my ID and its missing, along with my bank card. My only thought is they are laying somewhere along my walking path, we turn around and had back home, nothing. I got on my bike, rode the path again, still nothing. My husband and I are going back out to look again. Please pray I find them.

The cards have been found, my husband spotted them! Bank card was in the middle of the road and ID was off to the side, thankfully we didn't have to walk far, i am exhausted. I am thanking the Lord profusely he answered the prayers

EZMONEY
04-23-2009, 06:08 PM
Whew! MANDY...all is well and you got in some extra steps!!

I took the mutts out for 3 miles after a 5 hour day at work....no snacking yet and Angie is making chicken and veggies for dinner so I shoud be ok...unless...unless I can't keep my hand out of the beer fridge!

mrsaugie
04-23-2009, 06:39 PM
well all is going good this week so far. i took a sneak peek at the scale this morning and i am down 1.2 pounds from monday but there are still 3 more days to go until i officially WI for the week. i still need to get back into exercising i am still really struggling with that one for some reason. but i am still working on it. it has helped since i found ways to change it up a bit. tell me if this sounds corny to you--- i am thinking of getting up early before work and insteadi of running out side i am thinking of running in place for for about 30 min. what do you think. i am not sure about it because i think i might get bored with it. but then again i will never know unless i give it a try now will i?

mtiger
04-23-2009, 08:41 PM
Gary- Baked Lays with the hot dogs??? I love baked Lay's, BQ, Cheese, plain, I don't care. Tomorrow I am treating my class to pizza. YIKES!!! 2 slices, 2 slices you hear me???

I am down a little more from my 5 pounder. YAY!!! Must keep going in that direction.

Sounds like people are on plan and hitting it hard. Gary??? :^:

Mandy- glad you found your stuff.

EZMONEY
04-23-2009, 08:59 PM
Are you trying to say I need to pay attention to the efforts of our TEAM MINDY?

And not my own bad habits?

Buttercup
04-23-2009, 11:45 PM
I am having no trouble with the exercise. In fact I am very excited about how much more stamina I have and how good I feel. I do 3 miles on the treadmill and then 20 min on the elyptical plus weights 5 days a week and every day walk the dog a mile and half around a nearby park. I want to run one day! I tried to job a little but it feels like uncomfortable for now. Maybe 10 more pounds? Eating is good except for the late night siren call that I have to fight all the time. (sigh) One day at a time....

Buttercup
04-23-2009, 11:46 PM
I am having no trouble with the exercise. In fact I am very excited about how much more stamina I have and how good I feel. I do 3 miles on the treadmill and then 20 min on the elyptical plus weights 5 days a week and every day walk the dog a mile and half around a nearby park. I want to run one day! I tried to job a little but it feels like uncomfortable for now. Maybe 10 more pounds? Eating is good except for the late night siren call that I have to fight all the time. (sigh) One day at a time....

tried to JOG not job (oops)!

dutchgirl
04-24-2009, 03:51 AM
I started week 3 of my C25K and it actually felt quite good!
Having still many (very many:() lbs to lose I don't necessarily look good out there, but hey, I'm working on it.
Sneaked a peek on the scales (but not officially weighing in) I may actually have lost a couple of pounds this week. I hope so. I have been very good and on plan all week, even when I went out to dinner yesterday with the family. Must keep it up. Must also increase my exercise time.

EZMONEY
04-24-2009, 08:41 AM
BUTTERCUP when your body is ready to run...it will run! The most important thing now is to keep moving forward at a pace that you can continue and grow on. Sometimes doing too much when your not ready can be harmful....shin splints...knees....you'll get there! Great job/jog!

DUTCHGIRL ~I hope you lost a few pounds but the GREAT!!! Thing is you are in week 3 of C25K!! Awesome...keep moving forward!

iriswhispers
04-24-2009, 12:31 PM
Wow, great job to everyone on the exercise front! My food has been all right but I haven't hit the gym since monday. I like to trick myself into thinking that when I take the stairs to the third floor, it counts for the day! =)

EmZee
04-24-2009, 01:45 PM
Hi! I've been reading the forum for a few weeks and just registered today. I'd sure like to join this group, if that's okay? The last magic pill thread was so motivating... honestly, it helped me lose the 5 pounds I lost before I registered! Thanks! Do you need any information from me, other than that I definitely want to lose 5 pounds of baloney?

dutchgirl
04-24-2009, 02:07 PM
Do you need any information from me, other than that I definitely want to lose 5 pounds of baloney?

Anyone full of baloney is welcome here:D
But feel free to share anything about yourself that you want to bring to the table.
I have found this forum very helpful. And this thread is a lot of fun. We are all serious about losing weight, but appreciate a light-hearted approach to things.
So bring your sense of humour and go as nuts as the rest here:lol:

EmZee
04-24-2009, 03:08 PM
Thanks, Dutchgirl. I can sense everyone's determination and seriousness here, along with a lot of humor and camaraderie. It feels like a commitment to join this group, so I hope to be of support as I look for some.

Until 4 years ago (weight at 145 after my son was born in 02), when my DH (Jim) and I quit smoking, followed by about 3 years of menopause, I knew what to do to lose weight when I started gaining.

After those things, weight just started appearing in places it never had before: belly, boobs, back. By the time I checked a scale, I was well over 200 pounds and was just amazed that I'd gained that much, that fast! And, the things I used to do made no difference: cutting portions, cutting out sugar (I'm not much of a sweets eater though), getting some exercise (swimming or walking). We joined a gym and I almost broke 200, but then Jim broke his ankle and in the 6 months of recovery, there was no time to go to the gym and little by little, I was back to 225.

Well, now I have to get serious and make some real changes. I've incorporated exercise just about every day for the past few months. Two weeks ago, I faced my milk allergy (LOVE cheese!!!) and have cut out all milk products. This has been surprisingly easy because I feel better for it and because of soy and rice options for that cheesy flavor. I've cut beef and pork out, except for once I week when Jim grills.

Thanks! And, I love your sig (er Zig) line! So true. That's exactly why I asked to join this group.

EZMONEY
04-24-2009, 03:36 PM
WELCOME EmZee....

It is always our intentions here to lose 5 pounds...one at a time...then another 5....until we reach our goal...

I just screw the focus up sometimes.....

The TEAM continues to bring us back on track though!

dutchgirl
04-24-2009, 05:22 PM
:coach: GO TEAM!!!

:cheer3::cheer2::cheer3::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::c heer3::cheer2::cheer3::

mtiger
04-24-2009, 09:16 PM
gary- you being the token male and all, it is fun to give you a hard time. :hug:

butter- That's a lot of working out everyday. Treadmill, ellip, weights, dog. Man I'm tired for you. Good for you.

Dutch- Running and losing weight??? :o

Iris- Maybe if you go up and down about 20 times. :D

Emxee- Menopause. YIKES!!! I am probably in premenopause and gives me fits with my weight loss. Mid-cycle, ovulation time I gain like a banshee. Then I'll lose some, but really only get lower after TOM. It just drives me crazy sometimes. Anyway. welcome!!!

EZMONEY
04-24-2009, 10:08 PM
knock it off with the pre- and menopause talk...I get enough of that at home...wink

Split my dinner at our fave Mexican joint in half tonight.. 1/2 carne asada and cheese enchilada, rice and beans....one beer only!

Should help....

do not for a second believe I had only 1 beer tonight...just 1 beer there!

iriswhispers
04-24-2009, 10:45 PM
do not for a second believe I had only 1 beer tonight...just 1 beer there! :lol:

If you didn't clarify, I really would have thought you stuck to just one beer!

EZMONEY
04-24-2009, 10:58 PM
:lol:

If you didn't clarify, I really would have thought you stuck to just one beer!

I didn't want anyone to think I was sick ;)

dutchgirl
04-25-2009, 03:47 AM
An elderly couple were killed in an accident and found themselves being given a tour of heaven by Saint Peter. "Here is your oceanside condo, over there are the tennis courts, swimming pool, and two golf courses. If you need any refreshments, just stop by any of the many bars located throughout the area."
"Heck, Gloria," the old man hissed when Saint Peter walked off, "we could have been here ten years ago if you hadn't heard about all that stupid oat bran, wheat germ, and low-fat diets!"

EZMONEY
04-25-2009, 12:16 PM
Funny! Dutchgirl!

Well I guess I didn't do to well yesterday on my eating....I was up to 183 this morning....that's 2 pounds up in two days. Good thing I split my carne asada and cheese enchilada dinner last night...

too bad I ate it for breakfast today....dang!

Then it might have been the pepperoni quesadilla and 240 calorie hot dog I had for lunch/breakfast yesterday...

But I did walk 3 miles....but I was off work....maybe taping drywall burns more calories than I think...

Where is SUPER J ~ KAT ~ CAROLINE ~ BRAT ???

EmZee
04-25-2009, 06:41 PM
<<Emxee- Menopause. YIKES!!! I am probably in premenopause and gives me fits with my weight loss. Mid-cycle, ovulation time I gain like a banshee. Then I'll lose some, but really only get lower after TOM. It just drives me crazy sometimes. Anyway. welcome!!!>>

Thanks, MTiger! Yes, as I read the Magic threads, I noticed that. At this point in my life, it's like the heaviness just never goes away. I've been stumped for a good year or so about this. It was really encouraging to me to read how you keep going!

Sorry about the girly talk, EZ! :sumo: :D

Hope you're all having a good evening. This is the hardest time for me. I love eating way too much dinner and having wine or cocktails. Still 220 this morning, but I've eaten according to plan so far and am going to the gym with Jim (DH) & Sky (son) in a little while!

I'm nowhere near as physically fit as the rest of this team, but I'll work up to it.

iriswhispers
04-25-2009, 07:37 PM
Iris- Maybe if you go up and down about 20 times. :D

Oh, man, you mean twice doesn't count? :dizzy:

I like the joke, dutch girl!

And WELCOME to emzee!! :)

Tomorrow afternoon I'm going to a friend's bridal shower, so wish me luck on the food.

EZMONEY
04-25-2009, 07:49 PM
EmZee...I am used to the girly talk around here...goes with the territory and having a couple of wives a daughter, step-daughter and daughter in law.

Good luck at the shower IRIS on the food and have a great time.

Angie and I took the mutts out to the duck pond and wandered the trails for at least 3 miles today....that should burn up a few calories. Found a 2 year old Baja Fresh gift card, in an old jacket I was giving away, yesterday so we used it for lunch since there is one on the way home from the pond. I tried to eat a sensible lunch....but I am sure the calories were high...not even gonna look it up!

Doing chores around the house and backyard ....watching a baseball game as I go in and out...stopping by here to check in too...

multi-tasking...not good at it!!

mtiger
04-25-2009, 07:55 PM
Aren't we just the most jovial group today. That's why this thread is fun.

Gary- 2 pounds in 2 days. Maybe it's pre-menopause. you're starting to sound like me.

Emzee- I am glad I can be some inspiration. God only knows it is not easy. It gets depressing sometimes, but I just keep going because I know I am slowly heading in the right direction.

No Mexican here, or beer. My DD and I just spent an hour cooking some yummy looking light recipes. They are done now so I must go try out our efforts.

EZMONEY
04-25-2009, 08:02 PM
Great job on the light recipes MINDY!

2 pounds in 2 days...not sure it's quite 2 pounds...it was a high 181 and a low 183....

I just packed up about 15 old Cooking Light Magazines to take to church tomorrow, along with Rachael Ray and others....maybe I should pull them back out....nah....I'lll lay low on the Budweisers....on second thought....

ah what the heck! I'm a lost cause!!!

But YOU GALS ARE NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get movin'!!!!!

dutchgirl
04-26-2009, 03:50 AM
[QUOTE=EmZee;2713610
I'm nowhere near as physically fit as the rest of this team, but I'll work up to it.[/QUOTE]

Oh honey, I am nothing like fit!
I am only in week 3 of my C25K and you should see me come in after I've been running: red as a beet, soaking wet and dragging my ample behind.
But you've got to start somewhere if you really want to lose the weight. Just eating less is not going to do the trick, at least not for me.
And besides, I am also heading for menopause (sorry Gary, there's that word again!:p) and I want to:
A. lose the weight now, because it will just be that much tougher once I hit menopause full-on
B. get a weight-bearing exercise program in place now, to prevent/diminish any osteoporosis which is a problem for post-menopausal females in my family.
So not getting fit is no longer an option for me, and though I am sooo not there yet, I'm moving in thr right direction.
YOU CAN TOO!:carrot:

mrsaugie
04-26-2009, 08:16 AM
well just a quick hello and that everything was really good yesterday. well maybe not the exercising but that was because DH parents came to celebrate DS birthday yesterday. so i now have today to do wiich i will.

EmZee
04-26-2009, 11:03 AM
We had so much fun at the gym last night! :broc: One good thing that's changed is that I just love working out. That was never true until after I hit 40. It was a great surprise to realize. Still, finding time and making it a priority is a whole nuther thing. We decided that we are going to go on Tuesday and Saturday nights. That will be our priority on those nights. Sky is so happy! (So are we)

I was thinking I'd use the better scale at the gym to weigh myself, but I'm 3 pounds heavier on it. :( Man, I was so excited about getting past the 20's! Well, that's only the beginning, so when I feel more confident and on track, I'll switch to the evening weight on the gym scale.

We had nice salads with salmon for dinner and I had one small glass of wine. I worked out on three pieces of equipment last night: the first is called arch trainer, I think, 20 minutes, then treadmill, 10 minutes, then elliptical, I think it's called for 15 minutes. Then, in the pool for about an hour. I don't do laps because it's fun time with Jim and Sky, so I challenge myself to never stop moving. I jump, swing Sky around, swim, whatever.

It felt good. Today I'm going to work on eating smaller portions, getting some wii exercise, along with the rest of it.

EmZee
04-26-2009, 11:04 AM
And WELCOME to emzee!! :)

Tomorrow afternoon I'm going to a friend's bridal shower, so wish me luck on the food.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! How did the bridal shower go?

mtiger
04-26-2009, 11:16 AM
Gary- I love those cooking light mags. You should keep them and cook from them. Dinner was okay. One dish needed more seasoning and the brownies are great.

Emzee- I'm right there with you. I am enjoying working out these days and challenging myself. I feel so much more fit than at any other time in my life.

Dutch- Just keep going. It gets easier, truly it does.

I did Jillian's Trouble Spot DVD last night. It is a GREAT workout. Since the sun is shining here today, I think I will hit the streets for today's workout. I have shed 3 of the 5 pounds gained. Must keep going.

bobblefrog
04-26-2009, 12:17 PM
Can I take that magic baloney pill, too!!!!? Puh-leeese are there any left?

It sounds like several of you are doing the daily weigh-in thing too - I know there's people on both sides of the fence on this one, and today, when after being good all week I watch once again the scale creep up (no PMS involved) I am thinking the once-a-weekers have a point! I was sooooo close to my 10 lb goal - like there's a little neener-neener-Simpsons-dirty-tricks-angel-type-character teasing me.

But I'm fascinated by my body and in this first month of making my commitment there does some to be this weird pattern of dropping a bunch (like a pound and a half) then coasting for three or four days, then a spike and then a drop again. Course that could be my cheapo Walgreen's scale (just affording that was a big thing out of my budget). I keep telling myself this is the same pattern but overall this week compared to the previous I did lose a lot less and not quite to goal. I have a 1.75 goal each week and this last week I only did 1.2.

Next week though the BF finishes his online MBA class and starts training for his upcoming yoga teacher's certification. He promises me at least three nights in the exercise room (I don't feel safe going by myself). So maybe that will jumpstart my metabolism again. If not maybe I have to rethink my calories but I thought I had those right (1280 - and then if I exercise a lot that day I'll let myself go up to 1450 - as long as I keep my deficit at around 970). And I'm paranoid - I have been increasing fiber and lowering fat - maybe I've lowered fat too much?!

LOL - I still lost a pound this week and I'm getting paranoid. It's a beautiful day here. Wish me luck getting the BF up out of bed on his day off to get outside. I need to get my head out of constantly thinking about this. That's definitely NOT part of a lifestyle change! The idea is for this all to come naturally, right? To be enjoying my life. AND HEY - my pants are all looser and I feel better. I need to focus on the positive to bring more positive in my life, right Oprah?

Sorry, this turned into a novel. I'm so glad this is here! I'm taking that pill with my coffee now! Will post with results!

dutchgirl
04-26-2009, 02:44 PM
We had so much fun at the gym last night! :broc: One good thing that's changed is that I just love working out.

And you have things to say about your fitness level?
You actually used the words fun and gym in the same sentence, and also the words love and working out.;)
You must be doing alright!:carrot:
YOU GO GIRL

EZMONEY
04-26-2009, 04:58 PM
But you've got to start somewhere if you really want to lose the weight. Just eating less is not going to do the trick, at least not for me.

Me either...gotta move it-move it too!
And besides, I am also heading for menopause (sorry Gary, there's that word again!:p) .....

No problem...it raises it's head around my house most evenings....hot....cold...hot...cold...

.... well maybe not the exercising but that was because DH parents came to celebrate DS birthday yesterday.

You don't get the chance to celebrate too many 5 yr. old birthdays! You can exercise any day...so...get to it! :)

.....We had nice salads with salmon for dinner and I had one small glass of wine. I worked out on three pieces of equipment last night: the first is called arch trainer, I think, 20 minutes, then treadmill, 10 minutes, then elliptical, I think it's called for 15 minutes. Then, in the pool for about an hour. I don't do laps because it's fun time with Jim and Sky, so I challenge myself to never stop moving. I jump, swing Sky around, swim, whatever.

It felt good.

It should feel good :carrot: You deserve to feel good :carrot:

Gary- I love those cooking light mags. You should keep them and cook from them....I was gonna but I couldn't find any recipes with cheese! :mad:

Can I take that magic baloney pill, too!!!!? Puh-leeese are there any left?

At any given moment I can come up with BALONEY...I promise! WELCOME :)

I need to get my head out of constantly thinking about this. That's definitely NOT part of a lifestyle change! ....

Nothing wrong with thinking about it! Planning takes thinking! Obsessing about results is not good...thinking...planning...good meals...exercise...becoming a way of life is a good thing to think about :)

Enjoy the journey :) As far as weighing in....you will get many reasons here on when to do it....you need to figure out what works best for you...but ALWAYS remember on your journey...it isn't about the number on the scale...it is about doing the good things for your body that you deserve! The numbers will always drop....you just don't know when....as long as good things go into your body and good things come out...good food in...good exercise energy out...it will always work...and that is no baloney!

blondebritbrat17
04-26-2009, 06:52 PM
Dutchgirl-Very funny joke!

Whew this thread has been jumping but I enjoyed reading and catching up on the posts. Sorry I disappeared for a while. Checking back in here again. This past week was pretty stressful due to all the juicy but disgusting gossip that was being passed on to me. But I was proud of myself I didn't stress eat and eat huge portions. My two direct supervisors have basically gone to war with each other due to some things happening and some very unprofessional behavior/threats being said and the entire staff has been ducking for cover basically. HR may be coming out and doing staff interviews and asking questions which is not a good thing apparently if there are further complaints. I have maintained as usual this week. I rested a lot this past week and am feeling better but am not ready to go back to work tomorrow lol since I now need a mental rest due to what happened this week. Several good people on staff are now talking about looking elsewhere for a job which is upsetting. I was a bit lonely this past week and bored too as well since my hubby has been working a lot of side jobs at night after he gets off his day job so I really had to resist eating too much or out of boredom and etc.

Today has been a nice day with me and hubby. I did get some disappointing news today though while we were at Big Lots shopping. The boot camp I have signed up for has been canceled due to the owners having a family emergency and needing to shut down for some time and I will be getting my check mailed back to me. Fortunately I came home and was able to sign myself up for walking PE classes online for this summer instead. That way I have to do it since a grade is dependent on it along with my GPA. But from what I understand is all I have to do is walk an hour a day and record it and how my times and mileage improve and etc. So it shouldn't take too much time nor will I have to study. So I will still have plenty of time to have ME time and mom time and getting my house how I want it.

Welcome to all the new people!

dutchgirl
04-27-2009, 06:20 AM
Hey Brit, good to see you back.
Hope your mom's doing well!
Shame about the boot camp, you were looking forward to that. Walking and getting college credit for it sounds great though.
Have fun with it!

Jeannette311
04-27-2009, 09:47 AM
Sounds good! Life has finally slowed down a little bit. I'm still having trouble keeping my resolve, though.

bobblefrog
04-27-2009, 10:20 AM
Thanks for the encouragement EZ! Around here, since I discovered the natural progesterone cream my boyfriend says things have gone from complete freaky hot cold hot cold to "normal" hot cold hot cold (he was married before me) LOL Consider it your chance to learn empathy skills GRIN.
:fr:

Jeanette - hold on to that resolve - it's worth it! I'm right here with you.
:cheer:

I've decided a little of the problem IS the scale. If I stand on one foot and lean against the counter (oooh - 166 - can't wait to see that number) and then get on it again, I get a different number. Then I'll get on two or three more times and "that" number seems to "stick". So it works well enough for large weight loss tracking but it's going to drive me nuts with the decimal points.

Of course I'm going to go with the lowest number I registered today (heehee - yes, with both feet on the scale and not leaning against the counter). Still not to 195 (my ten lb goal) but closer again! See the magic pill is working already! .6 pound off ;-)

I did really do well yesterday though - we didn't go up to the mountains - rain and now snow have moved in again - but we went to a dog park. And then went to Whole Foods for dinner. I know that sounds funny - but we are on a budget, didn't want to tip (I know that's cheap - but well, that adds up!) and we wanted healthy dinner out. I never get out of the house except on walks and was jonesing. It's actually kind of fun to eat in the middle of a grocery store GRIN. I will have everyone know I passed up the cream laden Indian Korman (I think that's how it's spelled) that smelled OMGosh so heavenly AND dessert. Instead i had grilled tofu and vegie satay. And unlike I would have a month ago, instead of finishing the rice side of the bowl and the peanut satay sauce, I instead finished all my grilled vegies and tofu, instead. It's the journey, EZ says, it's the journey. Okay, baby steps...

WOOT WOOT me :dancer:

And you know what - I wouldn't have thunk it, but "almost" 10 lbs does make a difference. My middle IS thinner. Even the BF noticed it. I was confident enough yesterday to wear a close fitting sport jacket and stand up straight in public (I'm a terrible slumper - like a turtle).

I thought about all the advice I've read here - all the stories, successes and falling off the wagon, and all the support - and that really helped me make those better choices. I really feel everyone is with me on both my good days and bad days!

Planning, yes - obsessing about the numbers, no! Thank you EVERYONE for posting, sharing and encouraging.

:grouphug:

Jeannette311
04-27-2009, 11:22 AM
Thanks, bobble! I have chicken alfredo for lunch today, but what I really want is a cheeseburger. A really big one.

*weeps*

bobblefrog
04-27-2009, 12:09 PM
:coach:
No cheezburger! No cheezburger! It is cheezburger of death!! Heart attack in a bun...not your friend!!

You can do this - "BWAAAHAHAAAHHAA I have control over you, bad cravings, bad cravings"
:frypan:

Jeannette311
04-27-2009, 01:37 PM
HAHAHA! I had Subway. I've got a killer headache so I needed some lean protein.

willow650
04-27-2009, 01:44 PM
my lunch today was alfredo and pasta, 280 calories. Now breakfast was bagel, light cream cheese, a little butter and an Iced Mocha, and some non fat milk 436, that is way higher than i would like for it to be. No clue what I am going to do for dinner.

bobblefrog
04-27-2009, 02:42 PM
Yeah for you Jeannette - I forgot - that IS a good "fast food trick" - choose Subway when you need something more yummy.

:broc: :broc: :broc: :broc:

My biggest challenge has been coming up with a bfast that didn't leave me with the shakes by lunch. If it wasn't sausage...but finally do fairly well with pnutbutter...but looks like I'm going to have to have to give up coffee. Sigh. Hopefully I can find a good decaf substitute. I do love my coffee.

I work from home - so today my baby was supposed to make us a salmon asparagus omelet for b'lunch with parmasean cheese (okay - I'm having spiru-tein shake for dinner!) but he forgot the salmon! LOL. But he's making it very quickly now grin. My fault he says - I didn't put it out for him liked the thawed asparagus. ROFLOL. It's early for him...

bobblefrog
04-27-2009, 02:43 PM
Hey Willow - how many calories are you trying to stick to a day?

willow650
04-27-2009, 04:41 PM
Hey Willow - how many calories are you trying to stick to a day?

about 1300

mrsaugie
04-27-2009, 06:38 PM
well i am bac down to 177.4. 2.2 pounds gone that i gained last week i hope i can do that again this week and that will really get me motivated. any way still have to exercise and i will go and do that soon.

mtiger
04-27-2009, 06:49 PM
Hey, there is so much going on around here. Let me see if I can catch up.

Bobble- i weigh everyday. Scared not to. I also started the cream. this is my 2nd month. I am hoping it might help get a handle on the huge weight fluctuations at mid-cycle time. It hasn't yet.

Brit- People around here are being cut and layed off like crazy. If you have a job teaching, you just hold on and pray you get to keep it.

I kept busy yesterday. I worked on the chicken coop for 1.5 hours. Worked in the garden for another hour. I also did a 3 mile walk/jog. The scale rewarded my efforts with a loss today. YAY!!!

iriswhispers
04-27-2009, 07:43 PM
Oops, tried to post earlier but my comp froze and it didn't go through. Dang it!

I'll have to catch up later - I'm working on a presentation I need to give this week and it's stressed me into a little binge so I'm posting in attempt to stop that before it becomes a BIG one!!

willow650
04-27-2009, 07:54 PM
I just keyed in my dinner and I am at 1293 WOOHOO. Dinner was 1 1/2 servings pasta(whole grain) 1serving alferdo sauce, 2oz chicken, 1 serving parm cheese, 100grams romaine lettuce with 1 serving whole grain croutons 1 serving Kens Light Cesar dressing and 1 serving parm cheese. I ate so much over the weekend, Saturday was breakfast at Golden Corral and dinner at a Barbecue place along with a 260 mile motorcycle ride. Sunday was 1 doughnut, 1 bowl of pasta salad(whole grain pasta with tomatoes, pepper jack cheese some shredded chicken and a red pepper dressing) dinner was refreshments at church, a baloney sandwich on white bread and some chips. no desert though.

I have no self control when it comes to eating a way from home, which is why I try not to do it very often. Anyone have that problem?

bobblefrog
04-28-2009, 12:10 PM
YOUR MAGIC PILL IS WORKING EZ!!!!! I finally made my 10 lb goal!! WOOT WOOT. I got to change my little avatar and I get to post in the mini-goal forum today!

:goodscale

Ah Willow - I envy you your motorcycle! We have some friends we met when fulltime RVing that have Harleys and I told my BF he can't put off getting a bike much longer (he used to ride in his "younger days"). Now that I'm losing weight he can get a smaller cc and not worry about me ... um ... dragging him down when I'm on the back! LOL! Maybe one day I'll get my own. It's on my bucket list. Hey - maybe I'll make that my reward for one year on maintenance! I'm trying for about 1280 a day - but I get my calories in at breakfast at lunch and try to eat lighter for dinner. Often have a spiru-tein shake. It's hard because I get a little hungry at night, but I think I'm superstitious that eating late means I don't burn it off. We never go out though as money is so tight. But I know when we do - wow - it is really difficult to make good choices. It's like commercial establishments equate low-cal with iceberg lettuce, blech! You know?!

MTiger - I'm starting my fourth month on the cream. I'm afraid I saw results immediately the first month - although I read it can take up to three or four months for someone to experience relief. In fact you may have some swings initially as your estrogen is going to spike in response, before things move into equilibrium. I did feel like I was physically on my period all month the first one. Just emotionally I was better. Although I still have symptoms, they don't rule my life. Don't give up! You may need a different cream, and also have your doctor check your estrogen levels. You may need to go oral. Basically I was told the most minor imbalances can be corrected by herbs. Then mid-level is the cream (I use Life-flo Progesta-Care) but that if you are seriously imbalanced you may need the prescription orals. There are women I know who resisted going on the orals, but when they finally did, felt that it saved their lives.

Just keep trying! :hug:

willow650
04-28-2009, 06:12 PM
a day on plan has paid off, i was down from 173 to 171.3 this is the lowest I have been ALL month. Tomorrow is my birthday and I am spending it at Disney with my husband and children(this is the firs time the kids have ever been)so I am not see this number or anything lower for the rest of the week..lol I do have snacks like bake chips, sun chips, salsa, turkey burgers(to cook for lunch) some low fat string cheese and lots of water. I need at least 1 decadent meal though, after all it is my birthday.

blondebritbrat17
04-28-2009, 07:03 PM
Mtiger- Oh I know what you mean. I doubt I am in any danger of losing my job since I'm in a special department for special needs students and the person who hired me is separate from my direct "on campus" supervisors the ones who are at war with each other. But I am on my toes believe me. Education is pretty stable which we are very thankful for due to my husband's job feeling the effects of the economy. But wow sounds like you worked hard!! chicken coop and all of that!

Willow- that dinner sounds yummy.

bobblefrog-CONGRATS!

I just got done drinking some nasty airborne in some water. We still are battling the flu at my school and now there are reports of the swine flu in Dallas I'm a little nervous since I have been catching everything this year. Needless to say I've been hand washing and making my kiddos wash their hands. The last time I used the airborne earlier this year it seemed to help me get better faster from the nastiest cold I have ever had. So I'm doing a early strike heh. Can't hurt. I can't wait to go to the grocery store this weekend and stock up. I found some really yummy sounding/looking recipes that are low cal low fat and generally pretty healthy and I think that is my problem I am in a rut cooking wise and well I've gotten lazy this year. That's my problem I'm just lazy and need to work harder. I did get hit on today at the grocery store I'm pretty sure. I was clueless though about it until I got to my car since I was in such a rush to get to work this morning and started wondering why in the heck the guy was so nice and so talkative to me then it hit me that he had been staring at me an awful lot.. lol.. My co-workers thought it was pretty funny when I got to work and told them. I didn't tell them that I'm just not savvy about those things and it took me a full year to realize my hubby was interested in me lol. It did kind of make me feel better about myself today though.

have a great evening!

EZMONEY
04-28-2009, 07:07 PM
:bday2you: HAPPY (early) BIRTHDAY MANDY!...have a great day! Sounds like fun :carrot:

OK ~ I will check in big tonight or tomorrow...spent last night (all OK) with Angie in the hospital (I have a "But Babe the game" thread on General Chatter for more details)....which didn't do well for my calorie intake...

did a mid-night run through Jack In The Box on the way home....but, all-in-all way better than the last time I was there....about 2.5 years ago :carrot:

1 burger, cheese no bacon...fish and chips...

be good....or at least....better than me! ;)

iriswhispers
04-28-2009, 09:29 PM
The McDonald's by my work no longer makes the asian salad... anyone know if that's been discontinued or it's just this location? I rarely go (haven't since before Christmas) and was planning on it for lunch today, but alas! I got the southwest instead and picked off about half of the tortilla strips.

EZMONEY
04-29-2009, 03:04 PM
I can't believe I had to go to page 2...oh my...

Weighed in at 182 this morning....guess that mid-night run to Jack In The Box after Angie's trip to emergency didn't help matters!

off work right now for a few days but trying to be good...trying...around the lunch items of choice. Getting my miles in, now I need to get some more calorie burning chores done!

be back later...

Hope MANDY is having fun at Disney World for her birthday!

bobblefrog
04-29-2009, 03:39 PM
Cheering on your chores!
:cheer:

EZMONEY
04-29-2009, 07:06 PM
Thanks Bobblefrog....I was about 50/50 on it today.

I did clean out my travel/cosmetic bag since I will be in the area for a few months at least. It was looking pretty bad with all the gels, soaps and crud in it from the last 2 years of hotel living. I did get my new power toothbrush up and running...my periodontist is making me since I tossed my last one! I did clean out a lot of magazines out of my bathroom that will make Angie happy and I did get a pork roast cooked!

Jeannette311
04-29-2009, 07:23 PM
Okay, people! YESTERDAY I RAN! I ran for my LIFE! I ran exactly EIGHT minutes in a ROW. This is a world record and I am pretty much master of the universe. You can all bow to me if you want, but you don't have to.

I've changed my goal a bit. I still want to be thin, but I want to RUN. I want to run a whole half hour without stopping. I think I can make that happen by the end of the year. January started with being able to run 30 seconds! Now I'm up to eight minutes!

And my eating still isn't the best...but I've stopped eating "fast food." Meaning...I still eat Subway and pizza and five guys and Moe's once in awhile, but I;'m also eating normal breakfasts and RUNNING and being more careful.

If I weighed in right now I'd probably be at 200 but I don't care because I ran for EIGHT MINUTES IN A ROW!

EZMONEY
04-29-2009, 07:30 PM
:carrot::carrot: I am so proud of you SUPER J!

I better get another 5K up and running! :hug:

Jeannette311
04-29-2009, 07:41 PM
Thanks, EZ! I'm like...super excited but also kinda scared that I'll still be S L O W by the end of the year...I want to do a 5K in a half hour...That means shaving off 18 minutes off my best time of 48 minutes. I can do it! *spins in chair*

EZMONEY
04-29-2009, 07:49 PM
Kiddo....stop worrying about the "time'....just keep doing them! If I was concerned so much about the time it took me to do a 5K I probably would have stopped long ago. I think the fastest I ever did one was around 28 minutes...that was training hard and about 5 years into my "no smoking zone"...but there is no way I could do that now and yet I think I am in better shape!

Sometimes we worry too much about the pounds on the scale and the minutes on the clock that we fail to...

realize we are making changes....changes that will last us our lifetime...sweetie...it ain't about the minutes! It's about doing the work so that 10+ years from now you are still doing 5K's with that kiddo running with you!....hugs

mtiger
04-29-2009, 07:55 PM
Gary- Your baloney has taken off like wildfire. What are you putting in that stuff??? I am doing a Gizzard fest 5k on June 13. My birthday, and flag day are the 14th. Whatcha think?? A flag day race??? Mindy's birthday race????

Bobble- I had been gaining so much weight during ovulation time, I thought trying the cream might ease that a bit. The first month I only gained 2 pounds. This is my second month and I gained 5, again. I have since taken it off, getting ready for TOM now. This is crazy.

Willow- Have fun. Try to eat as best as you can.

Brit- We already had one HI teacher cut to 1/2 time. She may get bumped from our building completely next year. We just don't have the HI kids we used to. Our Gen. Ed population is growing so I don't know what they are thinking. Oh yeah, they aren't thinking.

SuperJ- :carrot: It 's a great feeling, isn't it? I remember when I went my first mile. Unbelievable feeling. This year I actually ran a whole 5k. It was awesome. You can do it.

EZMONEY
04-29-2009, 08:55 PM
Awesome MINDY...but I think we will do a MOTHER and FATHER'S DAY 5K....so if you want a "special" one...all about you...up the ante...wink

Jeannette311
04-29-2009, 09:08 PM
Thanks you guys!!! Off to the gym!

iriswhispers
04-29-2009, 09:56 PM
Jeannette, I will bow to you! I remember feeling like you are expressing the first time I ran 5 minutes without stopping... isn't it amazing? =)

Gary, I love your words of wisdom about focusing on the changes instead of the scale or our speed! It's funny because I've said basically the same thing to my mom about HER weight. She's been going to the gym and walking a couple days a week and has been discouraged about her very minimal weight loss (I hear it has something to do with life after menopause... that evil "M" word, but I hope I've got lots of years before I find out!). But somehow I still let the scale or my slow "running" (jogging) discourage me sometimes.

EZMONEY
04-29-2009, 10:00 PM
Iris...that scale can be the biggest enemy!

Eat right...move forward...as best you can....every day...and add to each day a little bit more....

if you miss a day...no big deal in the big picture...get back on that truck that is going forward...forward in 5K's...in better habits...better attitudes....better knowledge....better gym work....forward....

Jeannette311
04-29-2009, 10:16 PM
Thanks, guys! I did 30 minutes tonight because I was running late. I could only run in short spurts four times tonight. I guess I should have rested today. Oh well. I walked and ran and I ran for two minutes at 5.1. The longest I ever ran was 1 or 2 minutes at 6.1 about a month ago.

Tomorrow I'll try to get up at 5am b/c they are playing the dumbest movie ever for the dumbest books ever written (Twilight) but oddly enough, I think working out while watching it will be enjoyable! (Sorry, Twilight fans!)

In any case, just gonna go out there tomorrow just wanting to do well, and not worrying about how long I can run for, as long as I run and do my best!

bobblefrog
04-30-2009, 12:29 AM
Jeannette - way to go gurl! I went to the exercise room yesterday for the first time. I literally could only do the stairstepper for 3 minutes and had to stop and rest at the top of each minute! So my first goal is just to that darn thing for three minutes without stopping. You like running, then? I was thinking of adding it in a few months from now when I lost some more weight, so this will inspire me! Not sure if I'll like it or not...Keep posting?! 8 minutes. Unfathomable! You rock!

:running: :running: :running: :running: :running: :running: :running: :running:

bobblefrog
04-30-2009, 12:30 AM
mtiger - what is TOM? Hope that's not a dumb question....
OH Time Of Month - DUH. I'm a little slow. Switched to decaf today...LOL

Man, you do get hit hard with the weight gain. Egck! 5 pounds is a lot. You have my profound sympathies. I don't know what I used to gain before the cream as I didn't have a scale (much less have the courage to get on one) but it felt like a lot. So did I just gain a lb or two and feel lousy? Who knows...but I'm not stopping to find out, now. GRIN

iriswhispers
04-30-2009, 12:48 AM
ack! DECAF!!!:fr: such a scary thought for me!

bobblefrog
04-30-2009, 01:18 AM
LOL - my BF too - he gets terrible headaches. He tried to give it up once and understand he thought he was going to die. I've had it all my life I guess, but I'm a morning person, so don't really need it - just like it. Like it a lot. But lately while I feel great after my morning walk, after two cups of coffee I feel terrible! So I got an organic instant decaf - had two cups today - it was just like being back at my Oma's when I was little and having Sanka! ROFLOL. Very nostalgic.

dutchgirl
04-30-2009, 02:44 AM
Kiddo....stop worrying about the "time'....just keep doing them! If I was concerned so much about the time it took me to do a 5K I probably would have stopped long ago. I think the fastest I ever did one was around 28 minutes...that was training hard and about 5 years into my "no smoking zone"...but there is no way I could do that now and yet I think I am in better shape!

Sometimes we worry too much about the pounds on the scale and the minutes on the clock that we fail to...

realize we are making changes....changes that will last us our lifetime...sweetie...it ain't about the minutes! It's about doing the work so that 10+ years from now you are still doing 5K's with that kiddo running with you!....hugs

Thanks coach, those are wise words. It is very easy and very tempting to get hung up on numbers. And when the numbers aren't what you want/expect them to be it is so easy to either beat up on yourself badly or just quit (again).
Not going to quit for anything this time. This is for life, not just until...

That having been said, It's Queen's Day in the Netherlands today, and that means that the country in general and Amsterdam in particular turns into one giant party. I am going out and having a load of fun today and I doubt I will be able to stay on plan - there will be nothing healthy to be found among the foods on offer. Oh well, I will do the best I can.

Super J., :bravo:you are doing great! Keep it up kiddo!:carrot:

Mandy: :woo::balloons::celebrate::balloons::woo: HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Have a great day!

Jeannette311
04-30-2009, 07:08 AM
Thanks bobble and dutch!

So this morning my alarm went off at 445am and I fell back asleep. Cella woke me up three times last night b/c although she's almost 10, she's still afraid to go potty at night by herself.

And I am so sore. Ow. I'll have to work out after the meeting at Cella's school tonight.

EmZee
04-30-2009, 10:34 AM
[QUOTE=bobblefrog;2717353]YOUR MAGIC PILL IS WORKING EZ!!!!! I finally made my 10 lb goal!! WOOT WOOT. I got to change my little avatar and I get to post in the mini-goal forum today!

:goodscale

:hat: Wow!! Congratulations, Bobblefrog!!

EmZee
04-30-2009, 10:43 AM
Okay, people! YESTERDAY I RAN! I ran for my LIFE! I ran exactly EIGHT minutes in a ROW. This is a world record and I am pretty much master of the universe. You can all bow to me if you want, but you don't have to.

If I weighed in right now I'd probably be at 200 but I don't care because I ran for EIGHT MINUTES IN A ROW!

WOW!! It's amazing!! I'm so happy to hear that you're up and going again. Reading about your fitness in the last thread was really encouraging to me. It seems like you are much happier when you're working out consistently. I'm so happy to see this post!! CONGRATULATIONS!! :running:

EmZee
04-30-2009, 10:51 AM
Thanks for all the words of wisdom over the past few days. I really needed to read them.

Jeannette311
04-30-2009, 12:35 PM
WOW!! It's amazing!! I'm so happy to hear that you're up and going again. Reading about your fitness in the last thread was really encouraging to me. It seems like you are much happier when you're working out consistently. I'm so happy to see this post!! CONGRATULATIONS!! :running:

*hugs*

Thanks! That means a lot! I have so much farther to go, and after my 2 month binge I've gained a bit of weight back. So depressing, but I think I've learned from it and I just have to be patient I guess. I just wish it would click, you know? I know what I should do but there's something in me that just doesn't want to do it.

I'm actually having a panic attack at this very moment and crying at my desk because now is the time for my check up at the Doctor's. Why won't he just write me a prescription??? *breathes*

I do NOT want to get on that scale. Can I lose like...20 pounds in four days?

I hate doctors and I hate other people seeing my numbers and he'll take blood. Oh goodness, I'll faint, haha!

EmZee
04-30-2009, 12:47 PM
*hugs*

Thanks! That means a lot! I have so much farther to go, and after my 2 month binge I've gained a bit of weight back. So depressing, but I think I've learned from it and I just have to be patient I guess. I just wish it would click, you know? I know what I should do but there's something in me that just doesn't want to do it.

I'm actually having a panic attack at this very moment and crying at my desk because now is the time for my check up at the Doctor's. Why won't he just write me a prescription??? *breathes*

I do NOT want to get on that scale. Can I lose like...20 pounds in four days?

I hate doctors and I hate other people seeing my numbers and he'll take blood. Oh goodness, I'll faint, haha!

Thanks for writing. I was just sitting at my desk, getting ready to cry, because I did the stupid fitness thing on my workout dvd and see that I've GAINED inches! Lost 5 pounds and everything is bigger.

BUT, J, you can pat yourself on the back for that - your post got me out of MY funk long enough to put on my gym shoes and do some cardio. But, it wouldn't let me do any more until I do the freakin fitness assessment! ugh.

Okay, I am picking my head off my desk and am hoping you will walk off your panic attack - around the building or up and down stairs!

Think: What's the worst that can happen when they see the scale? Then, get a plan in mind to not swallow whatever that is.

I will work out again today. Some how. Thanks, J.

bobblefrog
04-30-2009, 12:49 PM
Oh man Jeannette - DEEP BREATH. Hugs and cheers and lots and lots of empathy. I hate doctors too, so good for you for going! That takes huge amounts - unreal - courage. I'm a whimp and just don't go ;-) Remember though there is really only one person's opinion of you that matters - and that's yours! You are awesome girl. Chin up! You can do anything you want!

bobblefrog
04-30-2009, 12:51 PM
Ack I have a sucky scale or it's water weight but I'm up 3 lbs! But I'm not giving that loss back! I scrabbled two weeks to lose the lb to get there and I'm not giving it back!! Great encouragement in the forums today about hitting plateaus and even weight gains when you are being good. My scale is baloney! WE NEED A BALONEY SCALE BUSTING MAGIC PILL - GRIN.

EZMONEY
04-30-2009, 12:53 PM
:hug: LADIES....those :cry: :cry: tears weigh ounces....each and every one...go ahead and get rid of them....then get up and get moving....why?...because....

SWEAT WEIGHS MORE!!!

You have my guarantee on that!! :hug:

Jeannette311
04-30-2009, 01:20 PM
Thanks for writing. I was just sitting at my desk, getting ready to cry, because I did the stupid fitness thing on my workout dvd and see that I've GAINED inches! Lost 5 pounds and everything is bigger.

BUT, J, you can pat yourself on the back for that - your post got me out of MY funk long enough to put on my gym shoes and do some cardio. But, it wouldn't let me do any more until I do the freakin fitness assessment! ugh.

Okay, I am picking my head off my desk and am hoping you will walk off your panic attack - around the building or up and down stairs!

Think: What's the worst that can happen when they see the scale? Then, get a plan in mind to not swallow whatever that is.

I will work out again today. Some how. Thanks, J.*hugs* Oh man, I love you. You're great! You're helping me, believe me!!!!

Oh man Jeannette - DEEP BREATH. Hugs and cheers and lots and lots of empathy. I hate doctors too, so good for you for going! That takes huge amounts - unreal - courage. I'm a whimp and just don't go ;-) Remember though there is really only one person's opinion of you that matters - and that's yours! You are awesome girl. Chin up! You can do anything you want!Well, I haven't seen him in two years, so unless I want to keep myself from having a baby, I have to go and get a new prescription. And I used to babysit for him and my mom works for him, but I'll be a nervous wreck anyway...I do NOT like the gyn at all! Maybe he'll notice my legs look stronger so I can PROVE to him that I *am* doing something!

Ack I have a sucky scale or it's water weight but I'm up 3 lbs! But I'm not giving that loss back! I scrabbled two weeks to lose the lb to get there and I'm not giving it back!! Great encouragement in the forums today about hitting plateaus and even weight gains when you are being good. My scale is baloney! WE NEED A BALONEY SCALE BUSTING MAGIC PILL - GRIN.
Or we can "Office Space" it...take it into a field and bash the heck out of it!

I don't know what it is about our bodies...it likes to hold on to stuff we don't want it to...it's so annoying!!!! That being said I still want a burger.

EZ, you have been huge in making me get off my rear. Thank you for that!

dutchgirl
04-30-2009, 03:05 PM
I hate going to the gynie as well and have avoided making an appointment for a few months now.
But I will. Tomorrow. You set a great example, Jeanette.

Jeannette311
04-30-2009, 05:11 PM
Thanks, dutchgirl. *hugs*

Okay. I didn't get a lunch so I left work early, grilled up two hotdogs (yuck) and drank water and cranberry juice. My head hurts, but I have a meeting at Cella's school tonight and then after that I'll work out! Whoot!

Jeannette311
04-30-2009, 08:19 PM
Nine Minutes In A Row.

EZMONEY
04-30-2009, 08:27 PM
SUPER....J....super!

Jeannette311
04-30-2009, 09:15 PM
I'm at 197.4. Please don't make me movie my ticker...

Stupid UNLYING scale!

EZMONEY
04-30-2009, 09:24 PM
...That having been said, It's Queen's Day in the Netherlands today, and that means that the country in general and Amsterdam in particular turns into one giant party. I am going out and having a load of fun today and I doubt I will be able to stay on plan - there will be nothing healthy to be found among the foods on offer. Oh well, I will do the best I can.

I am so sorry about the tradgedy today Dutchgirl :( Prayers for your country and the families that have been hurt by that idiot.

mtiger
04-30-2009, 09:43 PM
gary- I am disappointed. My birthday is an awesome holiday. I mean the whole country puts out their flags to celebrate it and everything. Hey, I am a mother.....and I have been a father too. This is my race isn't it??

What did I miss? What terrible thing happened in Dutch country?

Yay for running. Yay for eating right. yay for being strong and determined to have better lives. (Well Gary is determined to have another beer for the team). :o

Rock and roll peeps. Man, that sounded stupid.

J- I gave into the hype and read Twilight. It was awright, just awright. I can watch the movie now. I have a shocking revelation. I love cowboy romances, so I recently ordered "Cowgirl Up and Ride". I think it is straight up porn. :devil:

iriswhispers
04-30-2009, 10:38 PM
Hahaha Mindy, I have to admit that cowboy movie sounds really good!

I'm ready to get sweating again... been skipping the gym for "important" things like my future (school). But my health is important too!

bobblefrog
04-30-2009, 10:42 PM
Echoing EZ, yes Dutchgirl - thoughts go out to you and your country. I wish there was some place in the world immune to hateful people.

bobblefrog
04-30-2009, 10:51 PM
Jeannette - same here!!!!!!!!! EXACT same number - 197.4 - maybe here is a conspiracy??????? Good for you for working out, too. I was going to the exercise room but I feel really tired today (emotional fallout?) and the BF is taking this test online (all day - it's the final for one of his MBA classes) and it just doesn't quit. So I decided to give myself the night off, instead. And had 4 little tiny pieces of (very good) chocolate and a glass of wine - haven't had chocolate in a month. I was amazed at all the good nutrition on the label...10% of my daily iron along with all that chemical feel good stuff.

Little off plan - but still way within "deficit". Instead of 972 calorie deficit - an 800 calorie one. If this is a lifestyle change then so be it. At least I'm learning how to go a little off plan with big satisfaction results.

Now...do I wait til Sunday before getting on the scale again...can I do it...?! I don't know...

EZMONEY
04-30-2009, 11:56 PM
Checking in while I wait for Angie to get home from the yoga studio. She got home from school just in time to eat an enchilada I made then off to work at the studio. She must be feeling better.

I will see you all tomorrow...

I hope to start May in the 70's....I started went from 179.6 as a low and 183 as a high (one day only) for April....most of my days were at 181...

work it - work it!

dutchgirl
05-01-2009, 02:37 AM
Hey everybody, thanks for the kind thoughts.

Mindy, what happened was that on Queens Day the country becomes one big party and the queen and her family visit a few towns in the country. This time they got a tour in an open-topped double decker bus. Yesterday some madman drove into the crowd, through the security fences and tried to hit the bus.
Bodies went flying, 4 people died immediately, a 5th later in the evening and there are a number of people very seriously injured. He did not get close to the bus. He ran his car into a cement pole and got severely injured. He is still in critical condition. All this was live on tv and it was awful.

As a country we are perplexed and hurt.
There was always kind of a sweetness and innocence about Queens Day.
I hope we haven't lost that because of some nut case.

I pray for the victims and their family, but also for the guy who did this.
I cannot imagine that he is anything other than mentally ill.

dutchgirl
05-01-2009, 03:48 AM
I just heard that the perpetrator passed away during the night.
Hopefully that will somehow help people come to terms with this all.

Jeannette311
05-01-2009, 09:15 AM
J- I gave into the hype and read Twilight. It was awright, just awright. I can watch the movie now. I have a shocking revelation. I love cowboy romances, so I recently ordered "Cowgirl Up and Ride". I think it is straight up porn. :devil:You should get Brokeback, hehe.

Jeannette - same here!!!!!!!!! EXACT same number - 197.4 - maybe here is a conspiracy??????? Good for you for working out, too. I was going to the exercise room but I feel really tired today (emotional fallout?) and the BF is taking this test online (all day - it's the final for one of his MBA classes) and it just doesn't quit. So I decided to give myself the night off, instead. And had 4 little tiny pieces of (very good) chocolate and a glass of wine - haven't had chocolate in a month. I was amazed at all the good nutrition on the label...10% of my daily iron along with all that chemical feel good stuff.

Little off plan - but still way within "deficit". Instead of 972 calorie deficit - an 800 calorie one. If this is a lifestyle change then so be it. At least I'm learning how to go a little off plan with big satisfaction results.

Now...do I wait til Sunday before getting on the scale again...can I do it...?! I don't know...Sounds to me like you're doing well!!! My scale was up another 3 pounds this morning. Am I eating cheeseburgers in my sleep? What's going on????

Dutch, I'm really sorry to hear about what happened. That's really horrible.

EZMONEY
05-01-2009, 09:26 AM
Well staying true to form....I am starting MAY at 181...no change over all for last month...

going out to get more baloney.

Keep on moving forward SUPER J...it will drop! I promise...as long as you keep shakin' those pounds up...they will drop...I guarantee it!

DUTCHGIRL Continued prayers for your country.

MINDY I'll see what I can do about the 5K...maybe we'll have a "MINDY'S FULL OF BALONEY 5K"....

anyone seen CAROLINE...thistoo?

Jeannette311
05-01-2009, 09:28 AM
I haven't seen her..when was she last on?

iriswhispers
05-01-2009, 11:52 AM
Dutchgirl, that's so sad that someone would do that! I really don't understand what gets in to people's minds sometimes when they act out like that.

Wow, today is May 1, huh? Better get my calendars changed! I didn't weigh this morning. I've been feeling plenty bloated and have to give a presentation this afternoon. I don't want some bad scale number bringing me down and making me self-conscious!

I hope you all stay strong this weekend. Tonight I am going to an end of the year banquet for an organization I belong to... no idea what's on the menu so wish me well!

Jeannette311
05-01-2009, 02:23 PM
So I decided to eat five guys today because I've been craving it for about a month and I have been REALLY good. It was disappointing. And I wish I would have eaten Subway instead. Less calories and less fat.

*sad*

Oh well. I'm still working out tonight, so...*sigh*

dutchgirl
05-01-2009, 04:50 PM
So I decided to eat five guys today

?

So you were very hungry?

You ate five because you couldn't finish six?

Or should I assume that we're talking a restaurant called five guys?

Jeannette311
05-01-2009, 05:10 PM
?

So you were very hungry?

You ate five because you couldn't finish six?

Or should I assume that we're talking a restaurant called five guys?

ROTFL!!!!

It's a burger place. They only serve burgers, hotdogs and fries. I got hamburger and fries and it is usually AMAZING but today it was blah.

bobblefrog
05-01-2009, 06:09 PM
Well, I gave up my scale today. Boy was it hard! I thought I was really going to be able to get some useful information out of "patterns". Doesn't take much to get addicted to something else does it? I literally had dreams about it and terrified something terrible would happen if I didn't weigh-in.

I'm happy to report the sky didn't fall in, and well - hey, I actually had a good day. I didn't start eating my weight in bratwurst (always the ever present danger). I don't know what I weigh. And that's OKAY. LOL!

I'm not giving it up completely, though - just the daily weigh-in. Going to see how once a week goes. I'll let you know EZ how the magic pill is doing on Sunday. The thing is my mood ended up being totally tied to that number - good or bad. Argh. That's not a lifestyle change. That's letting another monkey get on my back - and not a cute one. GRIN.

Hoping to refocus on my original commitment to change my life - how I view food and myself.

I've had things like that Jeannette - where I really looked forward to something and it just wasn't as good as I remembered it. Sigh.

You know what really prompted me to finally commit? I wasn't enjoying dinner anymore. My BF and I love our gourmet dinners and glass of wine. We are definitely foodies. But I felt so guilty and ashamed and ugly - I had stopped enjoying them. All this beautiful food and I ate mindlessly through it - just wanted more wine to wash down the pain. So I thought - I want to be able to eat a meal again without feeling guilt...really enjoy a piece of cheesecake and not wonder if I looked like a pig at a trough eating it.

Of course I can't go back to my old ways - that guilt free dinner will have to be paired with a lot of workouts - but I'm glad of this journey to learn how to "eat responsibly"! I just know food is going to taste so much better without the seasonings of guilt and shame!!

willow650
05-01-2009, 06:12 PM
So I decided to eat five guys today because I've been craving it for about a month and I have been REALLY good. It was disappointing. And I wish I would have eaten Subway instead. Less calories and less fat.

*sad*

Oh well. I'm still working out tonight, so...*sigh*

I have eaten there 1 time, I was not impressed.

willow650
05-01-2009, 06:15 PM
?

So you were very hungry?

:rofl:

Jeannette311
05-01-2009, 07:01 PM
Well, I'm not working out tonight. My legs are still really sore and I'm pretty tired. I am working out before work tomorrow though.

mrsaugie
05-01-2009, 07:07 PM
hello everyone. just got home from dinner at Applebee's and a walk with Travis. that is the first time that we have been able to do i nice walk in a long time. that is something that we used to do all of the time. usually late at night. (around midnight or later). any way hope everyone is doing good.

EZMONEY
05-01-2009, 07:48 PM
Maybe baloney rekindles relationships....Angie and I are about ready to head out for date night....

blondebritbrat17
05-01-2009, 08:07 PM
Dutchgirl-So sorry to hear about that happening on what should have been a happy day.

Jeannette-Great job on those times.. Gary is right progress is what is important and not being obsessed with the numbers only. I am needing to learn that myself and you've helped in that way in your recent posts with the improvements in your times.

Gary-Glad to know you're going out on a date night with Angie..

MrsAugie- sounds like a nice evening!

Emcee and Bobble- you two crack me up thanks... and your enthusiasm is much needed right now.

I just got back from the doctors office AGAIN. I woke up feeling like I had sand bags tied to all four of my limbs and my throat/tonsils are swollen slightly again. It was pure will power to make it through work and I got busy and it took my mind off of how I felt. So I went in to be on the safe side since I was concerned if I was already fighting off another infection again that it would make me vulnerable to getting what's going on right now or something else like it. Tested me for strep of course and it came up negative again as usual. The doctor basically doesn't know what's wrong with me since it's unusual for mono to last over 6 months. So I'm going back on Monday and having a bunch of blood taken and he's going to test me for every single thing he can think of that has the same symptoms that I have. He's also going to re test me for mono and see if I do in fact have it and it wasn't a false positive I guess and see where I am in the course of it if it does come up positive again. I feel like I've been more than patient since this is going on month 7 that I am this fatigued. So I'm happy he's finally testing me for other things since I mentioned I have dropped all of my classes and made other life style changes like no social life anymore and not much improvement has been made. So hopefully I will know soon what's going on and can get back to working out more other than maybe the occasional leisurely walk since I need both a strict/balanced diet and exercise to really have good results. I can't do the super strict diet I had started since it makes me miserable and too hungry all the time with no exercising.

have a great weekend everyone!

mtiger
05-01-2009, 08:25 PM
J- Didn't understand how you could eat 1 guy, let alone 5. But a sub would have had fewer calories??? Aren't subs full of guys???

Gary- Oohlala!!! that is so sweet. No feeding her a bunch of baloney tonight. ;)

Dutch- That is awful. People can be so crazy. What's wrong with this world sometimes??

I just went to dinner with my.....long story, ex-husband that lives with me.....
I probably overdit it a bit. Had a chicken breast, bbq, cheese sandwich. It was yummy. OOPS!!!

bobble- I can't bring myself to give up my scale. just can't do it. Good for you.

willow650
05-01-2009, 09:52 PM
Some pics of my birthday trip to Disney http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2022173&id=1068917168&l=de59fbe530

let me know if it doesn't work

dutchgirl
05-02-2009, 01:44 AM
Mandy, wow!
What a wonderful family!
Your kids are just soooo cute and it looks like you had a really fun time at Disney. Good way to celebrate your birthday. And if my figure ever gets to looking as good as yours does right now, I will be a very happy girl.

Bobble, good for you for no longer obsessing about the scale. I have been doing the same, because it is just so not budging at all, while in the mean time all sorts of stuff is happening to my body. My pants are now sagging so badly that I will have to buy some new ones, my legs definitely look thinner and my face is no longer a full moon - there are some cheekbones tring to fight their way out of the blubber. So I will keep those things as my indicators of progress, ramp up my exercise and put the scales in my cupboard.

Gary, enjoy the date! After the scare you guys had this week, it will be good to have some nice relaxing time together.

Jeanette, Way to go on the exercise, but also good that you allow your body a rest. It does need some recovery every so often.

willow650
05-02-2009, 08:04 AM
Mandy, wow!
What a wonderful family!
Your kids are just soooo cute and it looks like you had a really fun time at Disney. Good way to celebrate your birthday. And if my figure ever gets to looking as good as yours does right now, I will be a very happy girl.

Thank you. Ya know, I have always hated have my pic taken, even when I was at this weight before, it took gaining a lot more weight then losing it, to put this weight into perspective...lol I am still pickey about pics of me but I am allowing them to be taken which is a HUGE step for me. My husband is usually upset with me because I won't get in any pictures. This time, I am even letting him print them, and get them into frames.

blondebritbrat17
05-02-2009, 09:03 AM
Mandy-Wow nice pictures.. you look like you had fun! and Cute family too!

Mtiger-Glad you had a good dinner. Hope he was good company.

Bobble-good for you giving up your scale. I used to drive myself crazy weighing myself every day even twice a day. Now I just do it once a week.

EZMONEY
05-02-2009, 10:43 AM
Well, I'm not working out tonight. My legs are still really sore and I'm pretty tired. I am working out before work tomorrow though.

SUPER J you really have to be careful and not over do it...which can set you back. Keep truckin' :hug:

.... just got home from dinner at Applebee's and a walk with Travis. that is the first time that we have been able to do i nice walk in a long time. that is something that we used to do all of the time. us.

:) OUTSTANDING! :)....keep doing it ;)

Gary-Glad to know you're going out on a date night with Angie..

I just got back from the doctors office AGAIN.

BRAT I hope you get this figured out soon :hug: Angie and I had a nice evening....went for Italian and then came home....and here is the :carrot::carrot: EXCITING :carrot::carrot: part on our date night....we started putting a jigsaw puzzle together :)

Gary- Oohlala!!! that is so sweet. No feeding her a bunch of baloney tonight. ;)

No problem MINDY, she hasn't bought (into) my baloney for years ;)

I just went to dinner with my.....long story, ex-husband that lives with me.....
I probably overdit it a bit. Had a chicken breast, bbq, cheese sandwich. It was yummy. OOPS!!!

Ex-husband lives with you...humm...sounds strange...and to think I have stayed in hotel rooms with my ex...just me and her...and my wife doesn't care one bit....did I mention my ex is cooking me fried chicken on Sunday?...Ang...too :)

Gary, enjoy the date! After the scare you guys had this week, it will be good to have some nice relaxing time together.

Not sure how relaxing trying to put a jigsaw puzzle together was with those little pieces and me trying to watch a nail biting DODGER game and still be "communicating" ;)

..... This time, I am even letting him print them, and get them into frames.

MANDY you have a gorgeous family....starting with momI cracked up at the picture of ylittle girl that appears to be missing a tooth....my daughter knocked a front tooth out when she was 2 yrs. old...so every single picture we had of her until around 7...I guess...she has a big gap in front..I love those pictures! Oh....and it sure looks like your family has no weight problems :carrot:

blondebritbrat17
05-02-2009, 10:47 AM
I forgot to say that I did have one small victory at the doctor's office yesterday. I got weighed and I am down another pound to 205.6 and that was late in the afternoon when I got weighed too to boot with all my clothes on! :-) So I am still making progress it's just going much slower than what I wanted it to be.

EZMONEY
05-02-2009, 10:50 AM

I'm ready to get sweating again... been skipping the gym for "important" things like my future (school). But my health is important too!

BALANCE!! :hug:

I hope you all stay strong this weekend. Tonight I am going to an end of the year banquet for an organization I belong to... no idea what's on the menu so wish me well!

I hope the dinner went well :)

... Going to see how once a week goes. I'll let you know EZ how the magic pill is doing on Sunday. The thing is my mood ended up being totally tied to that number - good or bad. Argh. That's not a lifestyle change. That's letting another monkey get on my back - and not a cute one. GRIN.

Hoping to refocus on my original commitment to change my life - how I view food and myself.

I've had things like that Jeannette - where I really looked forward to something and it just wasn't as good as I remembered it. Sigh.

You know what really prompted me to finally commit? I wasn't enjoying dinner anymore. My BF and I love our gourmet dinners and glass of wine. We are definitely foodies. But I felt so guilty and ashamed and ugly - I had stopped enjoying them. All this beautiful food and I ate mindlessly through it - just wanted more wine to wash down the pain. So I thought - I want to be able to eat a meal again without feeling guilt...really enjoy a piece of cheesecake and not wonder if I looked like a pig at a trough eating it.

Of course I can't go back to my old ways - that guilt free dinner will have to be paired with a lot of workouts - but I'm glad of this journey to learn how to "eat responsibly"! I just know food is going to taste so much better without the seasonings of guilt and shame!!

:carrot: OUTSTANDING ADVICE :carrot:....wish I had given it! You are now...as you have always been...TEAM COACH....now don't go out and celebrate with food...nope...we are all TEAM COACHES ;)....take a nice walk!

Thanks for all the words of wisdom over the past few days. I really needed to read them.

Thank you for your input too! We make a great TEAM together! So glad you joined up :)

dutchgirl
05-02-2009, 10:58 AM
Not sure how relaxing trying to put a jigsaw puzzle together was with those little pieces and me trying to watch a nail biting DODGER game and still be "communicating" ;)

That's what you get for trying to multi-task!

EZMONEY
05-02-2009, 12:36 PM
That's what you get for trying to multi-task!

No, that's what I get for trying to put a puzzle together .....with middle aged eyesight....in the semi-dark family room...down 4 beers...maybe 5....

blondebritbrat17
05-02-2009, 01:12 PM
LOL now that makes more sense Gary!! The beers..

EZMONEY
05-02-2009, 05:24 PM
Angie and I took the dogs out to the duck pond and trails today....worked their and our butts off.

Then we went to Baja Fresh for lunch and split a chicken taco meal...1 each 1/2 rice and beans...just enough.

Back in the day...I would have had that all by myself and had an add on burrito two!

So full of baloney now that I don't want or need that extra burrito or entire meal for lunch!

dutchgirl
05-02-2009, 05:50 PM
WTG Gary!

I could kill for some good Mexican food. Up to now the Mexican food here was described by a Mexican acquaintance as a criminal offence. And not a misdemeanor either.
There are now rumours of a decent Mexican take-out going round, and it is all I can do to keep myself from getting on my scooter right now and getting me some!

Baloney! I need lots of baloney!

blondebritbrat17
05-02-2009, 06:35 PM
Gary-WTG on splitting that.. I'm a goner when it comes to good queso and salsa and chips.. I had a couple of really good coupons to some good mexican food places around where I live and I gave them away last week to co-workers so I wouldn't be tempted to go and spend more money and also eat more calories.

I just found out I will not be going to work for the upcoming week. My school district has closed as a precaution and to help prevent the flu and H1N1 (swine) flu from spreading. Fortunately we do not have to make up the days nor will I lose pay thank goodness. So I will have more rest I guess which right now I could use some due to me being in the middle of another "episode" of whatever this is. I'm going to need me lots of baloney and will power for this upcoming week so I don't go off plan since I will be bored I'm sure at times.. Baloney Baloney Baloney! :-) I also did some math today and despite my slow progress I have lost on average a half a pound per week and that's every single week since December. So that helped me see things a bit more clearly and not be so frustrated.

EZMONEY
05-02-2009, 07:29 PM
Wishing you both low cal Mexican food!

Sorry BRAT about the school closing but I hope you can get well!

The high school my son and dil teach at closed for 2 weeks...ruined a lot of track coaching and dance things they have going on besides class of course for the kids...one kid "might" have the virus.

iriswhispers
05-02-2009, 07:51 PM
You are all making me hungry talking about mexican food!

I have a friend who is sick with the flu.... don't know yet if it's the H1N1 variety. I'm hoping she recovers quickly and it doesn't spread through the rest of us!

Banquet went well last night, aside from the small piece of cheesecake I decided it was okay to have for dessert. But it was small and I enjoyed it, so I'm not going to dwell on that.

My bf is getting into town sometime later in the week and we're driving back across the country together - he's moving to Washington DC and I'm working in PA for most of the summer. I'll be really glad to see him - haven't since March. It's pretty hard being long distance like this.

Jeannette311
05-02-2009, 08:20 PM
Tempers are high today. My mother is in a cranky cranky mood which puts me on edge. Luckily I have been too busy working and being with friends to eat anything BAD. Tomorrow I MAY get a workout in, but it looks doubtful. Have a ton of cleaning to do and moving stuff to storage and laundry allllll day, so we'll see. I really want to get to the gym though. So badly!

mtiger
05-02-2009, 10:22 PM
Everybody talking about Mexican. When I went to dinner last night I really wanted Mexican. But, did I need 3 amigos (3 flour tortillas filled) or a huge plat of nachos. NO!!! I wanted it badly too. I opted for a chicken breast sandwich with some cheese. So not too bad.

Everybody is freaking out about this swine flu thing. We only have 2 cases reported in Mich. and nobody has died. Sometimes I think things get blown way out of proportion.

On that note, disturbing news around here this week. The breeder of our 2 Australian Shepherds had 70 dogs seized from her Monday. Animal control claimed neglect because they were muddy and some had standing water in their kennels. This is such a travesty and this women has been treated unjustly. Her dogs are all healthy, happy and in great condition. Duh, they are show dogs and puppies.

Some people are so quick to judge, even if they have no real knowledge or facts. I know I will be more careful in the future before I jump to conclusions. Our thoughts are with her and our hearts are breaking along with hers. :(

dutchgirl
05-03-2009, 01:34 AM
Have a ton of cleaning to do and moving stuff to storage and laundry allllll day, so we'll see.

Sounds like a workout to me J.! Tackle that stuff with attitude and you will burn calories galore.:carrot:

bobblefrog
05-03-2009, 09:54 AM
MMMM...mexican food...yum! STOP IT Y'ALLLLL (okay, it's been years since I lived in Texas but I still drag that out now and again!).

MTiger - that is disturbing. We had our trainer go through **** for six months - she does rescue with dogs and horses. A neighbor apparently (a new one who moved in) decided that her place was an eyesore so sic'ed the city on her. It was a farce from the word go. All cosmetic stuff and most of it completely arbitrary. She finally made it through, but talk about probably taking 10 years off of her life.

Jeannette - look up calorie burning for housecleaning (washing the car is good, too). It's actually a pretty good if not better match for a workout! Every activity counts (and don't you know I put every little flippin one down?!) LOL!

EZ - WOOHOO - I think I'm sold on the idea of refraining from my scale addiction. Boy WAS IT HARD! I kept looking at it longingly in it's little corner. But I was very good and waited until this morning as I'm making Sunday my official day.

Official as of this morning: 194. So your baloney pill continues to work (as long as I cut thru the boloney, of course!). LOL!

I love this thread :-) Thanks for starting it. Hugs all. Jeannette you have drs appt this week? Or have you already made it through that? Thinking of you!

Jeannette311
05-03-2009, 10:52 AM
Sounds like a workout to me J.! Tackle that stuff with attitude and you will burn calories galore.:carrot:I just hoisted a BUNCH of boxes to the car. And now time to finish cleaning etc. SO TIRED!! Already! lol!

Jeannette - look up calorie burning for housecleaning (washing the car is good, too). It's actually a pretty good if not better match for a workout! Every activity counts (and don't you know I put every little flippin one down?!) LOL!

I love this thread :-) Thanks for starting it. Hugs all. Jeannette you have drs appt this week? Or have you already made it through that? Thinking of you!
I wear my GoWear Fit all the time so I can track calories pretty accurately. I'm addicted to it though...I want to see higher numbers each day, which is good, but when I don't hit those numbers it really gets me down.

My appt is tomorrow at 830. I'm guzzling water like crazy...just hoping to get rid of maybe a couple of these questionable pounds! I cannot believe I'm back up to 200. I don't feel like that at all. My clothes feel looser. Just not fair. Blah.

OH! And I am HOPING to get in 30 minutes today...at least! I need to!

dutchgirl
05-03-2009, 11:42 AM
Jeannette: Way to go on the cleaning and hauling. It's adouble whammy really, isn't it? you burn loads of calories and get a clean, organised house to come home to. WIN WIN!

iriswhispers
05-03-2009, 04:25 PM
I need some more bologna to get through this weekend! There is a pack of cookies in the pantry calling my name!!:cookie:

I hope you're all having a good (and on plan) weekend!

Jeannette311
05-03-2009, 05:48 PM
By the time I finished cleaning and all that stuff the gym was closed. And it's too hot for me to go outside and run.

Well, I can clean some more and I have some sewing to do.

EZMONEY
05-03-2009, 08:43 PM
Well I must say my ex-wife and sister made some outstanding fried chicken today for the family gathering....they had me sample the first piece and it was like eating Lay's Potato Chips (bet'cha can't eat just one) only way better.

We had birthday cake for my sister and her/our family best friend from 2nd grade...also know as Aunt Cathy...it was/is going to be their 50th birthday and my dil's 28th birthday...I ate ZERO cake and ice cream...

I won't admit to pieces of fried chicken but I will say it was over 4 and under 8....

Note to self ~ focus on calories this coming week....wink

Jeannette311
05-03-2009, 09:11 PM
My calorie tally for today is 1180. I've had plenty of water and moved around a bit. My gowear fit says I spent over 1800 cals today. Not bad for being lazy for a good part of the day.

EmZee
05-03-2009, 11:06 PM
Hi Everyone! Thanks for posting, it's great to read. I think this thread helped me keep on track this weekend.
We went to the gym on Sat and Sun and the gym scale (which I ignored last week cause it had me 3 pounds higher than my home scale!) said I lost 3 pounds since last week! Same tonight, so I feel really happy.

We went out to eat last night and I did very well - salmon and double portion of veggies, instead of potato.

I started keeping track of what I eat at fitday, too. First time ever. I really thought it'd just be too much/too hard to keep track. But, then I remembered when I got out of debt several years ago. It was very hard, but the key was keeping track. Yup. Connect the dots. Be accountable.

Thank you for being here.

EmZee
05-03-2009, 11:11 PM
So full of baloney now that I don't want or need that extra burrito or entire meal for lunch![/QUOTE]

It's great!!! So encouraging! And funny, too.
Thanks for the encouragement the other day, too. I laughed so hard when you reminded us that the tears were weight, too! :D

EmZee
05-03-2009, 11:15 PM
My calorie tally for today is 1180. I've had plenty of water and moved around a bit. My gowear fit says I spent over 1800 cals today. Not bad for being lazy for a good part of the day.

I hope tomorrow is much, much easier than you imagine! Again, you're my example -- one of my goals is to get a check up this year. It's been 6 years. You rock!

Mari

EmZee
05-03-2009, 11:19 PM
[QUOTE=blondebritbrat17;2724608]

I just found out I will not be going to work for the upcoming week. My school district has closed as a precaution and to help prevent the flu and H1N1 (swine) flu from spreading. Fortunately we do not have to make up the days nor will I lose pay thank goodness. So I will have more rest I guess which right now I could use some due to me being in the middle of another "episode" of whatever this is.

I hope the time helps you rest and take care of yourself, stretch, feel proud of your Tremendous Will Power!!! I'll look forward to reading your feats of strength!!!

EmZee
05-03-2009, 11:37 PM
Hey everybody, thanks for the kind thoughts.

Mindy, what happened was that on Queens Day the country becomes one big party and the queen and her family visit a few towns in the country. This time they got a tour in an open-topped double decker bus. Yesterday some madman drove into the crowd, through the security fences and tried to hit the bus.
Bodies went flying, 4 people died immediately, a 5th later in the evening and there are a number of people very seriously injured. He did not get close to the bus. He ran his car into a cement pole and got severely injured. He is still in critical condition. All this was live on tv and it was awful.

As a country we are perplexed and hurt.
There was always kind of a sweetness and innocence about Queens Day.
I hope we haven't lost that because of some nut case.

I pray for the victims and their family, but also for the guy who did this.
I cannot imagine that he is anything other than mentally ill.

I'm so sorry about Queens Day. Deeply touched by your magnanimous prayer for everyone involved.

Mari

mrsaugie
05-04-2009, 09:53 AM
i am bac down to 176.4 so i am officially back on track. well sat after dinner Travis and i went for another walk after we ate and this time took 2 of the 3 dogs for a walk with us. they loved it that one was about 1 hour. then yesterday we helped set up and take down the rest stops for our local MS walk. i am still tired from that. at least the weather was nice for that. today i am hoping to get out and finish raking my yard and also do my normal exercising. well i will be back later.

EZMONEY
05-04-2009, 10:08 AM
Good Morning TEAM ~

Well I tallied up the score this morning on the evil scale....

Friday ~ Italian out ~ Shrimp and pasta dish

Saturday ~ The pizza we ordered to go on Fri. ~ 1/2 cheese 1/2 Canadian bacon

Lunch ~ split that Baja Fresh meal with Angie :)

Sunday ~ Lunch - Fried chicken ~ and leftover pizza for dinner

Breakfast ~ Sat - nachos .....stupid-stupid-stupid....Sun.- a breakfast bar

Weighed in at 181 on Friday and 183 this morning :(

I wonder why?

Not really.....I know why! It's the baloney!!

I did get out for 3 miles on Friday and Saturday....so it could have been worse.

Fight on TEAM ~ FIGHT ON!

EZMONEY
05-04-2009, 10:23 AM
.... Not bad for being lazy for a good part of the day.

It is OK to be lazy "some" of the time kiddo! We all need to rest...it renews our strength. There is a time for everything :hug:

Everybody talking about Mexican. When I went to dinner last night I really wanted Mexican. But, did I need 3 amigos (3 flour tortillas filled) or a huge plat of nachos. NO!!! I wanted it badly too. I opted for a chicken breast sandwich with some cheese. So not too bad.

:carrot: Great choice!

Some people are so quick to judge, even if they have no real knowledge or facts. I know I will be more careful in the future before I jump to conclusions. Our thoughts are with her and our hearts are breaking along with hers. :(

Great advice for all of us Mindy.

Sounds like a workout to me J.! Tackle that stuff with attitude and you will burn calories galore.:carrot:

:) Do we have the best coaches here or what!!

.....EZ - WOOHOO - I think I'm sold on the idea of refraining from my scale addiction. Boy WAS IT HARD! I kept looking at it longingly in it's little corner. But I was very good and waited until this morning as I'm making Sunday my official day.

Official as of this morning: 194. So your baloney pill continues to work (as long as I cut thru the boloney, of course!). LOL!

You are welcome :hug: It is easy to start a thread...it takes a solid TEAM to keep it going....thanks to people like you we have been losing 5...1 at a time... at a time for quite a while.

I need some more bologna to get through this weekend! There is a pack of cookies in the pantry calling my name!!:cookie:

Iris....change your name! ;) When do you make the big trip?

By the time I finished cleaning and all that stuff the gym was closed. And it's too hot for me to go outside and run.

Well, I can clean some more and I have some sewing to do.

See! Time for everything.

We went out to eat last night and I did very well - salmon and double portion of veggies, instead of potato.

:carrot: Another great choice! :carrot:

I started keeping track of what I eat at fitday, too. First time ever. I really thought it'd just be too much/too hard to keep track. But, then I remembered when I got out of debt several years ago. It was very hard, but the key was keeping track. Yup. Connect the dots. Be accountable.

Thank you for being here.

THank you for joining us...your words are wise...be accountable!

So full of baloney now that I don't want or need that extra burrito or entire meal for lunch!

It's great!!! So encouraging! And funny, too.
Thanks for the encouragement the other day, too. I laughed so hard when you reminded us that the tears were weight, too! :D[/QUOTE]

We have nothing against tears here...we just push hard to make those tears :) HAPPY TEARS :)

..... well sat after dinner Travis and i went for another walk after we ate and this time took 2 of the 3 dogs for a walk with us. they loved it that one was about 1 hour. then yesterday we helped set up and take down the rest stops for our local MS walk.....

Awesome! I have helped at many 5K's and marathons over the years with my wife and ex-wife....a great feeling! Another great feeling is doing them!! ;)

We always have an open invitation to join our TEAM! :)

iriswhispers
05-04-2009, 12:30 PM
Happy Monday, team! I have lots of work to do this week, but once it is over things will slow down a little bit - thank goodness! My boyfriend is getting in to town later this week and we're heading east sometime after the 14. Hopefully that will be a relaxing trip. And I'll see what I can do as far as eating...dinners w/ him tend to involve beer or wine, which really ups the calorie count! And I already know he's bringing me a special microbrew that he's picking up when he drives through Colorado...

blondebritbrat17
05-04-2009, 01:31 PM
Happy Monday everyone! I woke up this morning with the cold I was trying to ward off go figure on my "vacation". I know which kid gave it to me too lol. Every time this past year I have been off I've been sick which has its pros and cons. All of my co-workers are going on impromptu vacations so I am a bit jealous but on the positive side hopefully everyone comes back to work well rested. I went and got my bloodwork done so hopefully I'll know what's going on by Thursday or Friday and what needs to be done. They did take a lot of blood to where I had to go home and eat something afterwards.

Jeannette-Sounds like you got a work out just by cleaning alone! WTG

Here's wishing everyone a great week!

Jeannette311
05-04-2009, 03:45 PM
I hope tomorrow is much, much easier than you imagine! Again, you're my example -- one of my goals is to get a check up this year. It's been 6 years. You rock!

Mari
My doc's appointment was okay! I know the doc (I used to nanny for his twins when they were newborns, and my mom works fro him) so he knew how upset I was going in. Even now I'm crying over it. Agh. Anyway, it was fine! It was over really quick and the nurse (who I know as well...actually I know everyone there lol) kept me distracted. Yay!

I also told him I can run for 9 minutes in a row and he was all impressed. And this am I was 196.8 but at the docs I was 200.6 but I'm blaming that in my wet hair (it's near my bottom now) or maybe some magic muscles that cropped up.

I also have been keeping my water intake up and food intake down. I'm starving right now and I want something good like pizza but will settle for this popcorn and water I guess.

AND! A PERMANENT job position is opening up at work. This would give me benefits. I am praying I get it. I really need this.

Anyhow, I'll be running tonight. I miss it.

EZ: Totally true. I really needed to be lazy. I've been so sleepy!

Blonde: I think I really did. I'm sore today, ha!

iriswhispers
05-04-2009, 04:02 PM
Jeanette, I'm so glad everything went well at the Dr.! And also I wish you the best on getting the position at your work.

britbrat, I hope you are feeling better soon. I was outside this morning working and now I'm all sneezy, but I'm pretty confident it's just my allergies. Being sick on vacation stinks, but at least you can rest up without feeling guilty about it.

Back to work for the afternoon... cheers team!

willow650
05-04-2009, 04:44 PM
So, anyone hit a Mental plateau? I had convinced myself, that I had doing really good, I'm looking pretty good, way better than 25lbs ago. Wearing my PJ's to take the girls to school for an excuse not to go to the gym ect. Well a friend talked me into going to the military base's wellness center for a fat analyze in their BodPod. I really hope this is the reality check I need. The Results are...

Weight:173.4(I knew that already)
Fat Weight:66.1
Lean weight :107.2

Percent Fat:38.1%
Percent Lean:61.9
Est RMR:1376 calories

Est RMR x activity level= Sedentary-1706
Low Active-2091
Active-2394
Very Active-2848

blondebritbrat17
05-04-2009, 05:17 PM
Jeannette-Well if you're sore you sure worked something that's not used to being worked. Glad the doctor's went well and I'll keep you in my thoughts for the full time job.

Iris-Thanks.. It's good that I am off work and sick so I'm not having to take OFF work to be home recovering or going to the doctor and etc..is how I am looking at it. Take care of yourself and those allergies. I can relate.

Willow-Now you know! But you've lost 25 pounds already. Please don't let that take away from what you've already accomplished. :-)

Jeannette311
05-04-2009, 06:40 PM
Thanks, blonde!

bobblefrog
05-04-2009, 06:45 PM
There's so many posts I want to respond to and I guess I haven't gotten the hang of how to use the multiquote icon? I assume that lets you snip a bunch before replying? Snip I guess works (icon turns red) but I have no idea what to do after that. Enlightenment appreciated GRIN

Jeannette - Fingers crossed on that position....and I'm so glad your doctor's visit turned out better than you expected. Sounds like you are keeping motivated and on track!
For that you get three carrots - um - yum?!
:carrot::carrot::carrot:

EZ - Okay, the fried chicken...oh man have you looked up how many calories are in fried chicken???? I did because I LOVE it - and we have the Disneyland of Fried Chicken (White Fence Farms) about three blocks away. Afraid I'm not having any until maintenance. But oh the motivation to just get there faster.

Ah, but you made up for it in exercise! Good for you - those pounds are probably water from all that salt in the chicken and the nachos. But time to get back on there!!! It's Monday and a new day!! And you're our fearless leader!

:coach:

Willow - You are brave! What do all those numbers mean?!

Blonde - I hope you get the information you need from those tests. I hope it gives you what you need to take control!

Iris - I don't know what microbrews you like, but if you don't have it, have your BF bring you something from Oskar Blues when he comes through CO again...I love the Old Chub. Beware though, the TenFidy is mighty (and mighty painful the next day if you have more than one without food). If you like a lighter try Dale's Pale Ale.

Mostly stick to wine now for our weekly treat though - lower in calories and I can say the red is good for me :-) Like chocolate...who knew that chocolate was high in iron...LOL

Well here's my share for the day ...I woke up this morning sure I was experiencing the onset of Type 2 diabetes. I'm not particularly a hypochondriac but my dad has it and I am hypoglycemic through my mom's side. One of the reasons I went on this diet was to try to prevent it from coming on. It's been a low-grade fear for - oh - at least a year. Last time I was checked was about 3 years ago now. I won't go into the details but I am now armed with a blood glucose meter (and warning, I know how to use it) and (the ladies will get this) a jar of cranberry supplements. I figure it's one or the other. If not I'm dying of some sort of cancer...LOL. No, no - really - I'm not a hypochondriac!

The meter was $10 at the drugstore (came with everything it needed including test strips, lances and test solution) and there's a $10 rebate. So I basically got it for free. The lancing wasn't even painful, really.

And my first test (not the best one - but the 2 hour after eating one) is positive. The most rigid minimums are 140 (or above) and I tested at 102. I had a very low-glycemic lunch though...SO...I have a lot of testing to do over the next days. At different times. The more telling one will be first thing in the morning.

I figure even if I am not diabetic (and I won't know until after I've done more tests). I could still stand to learn more about my hypoglycemia and how to manage it. Blood sugar does affect weight (I have to have protein and fat in the morning - oatmeal will make me freak in a couple of hours).

The woman at our health food store (they are well-trained) is also hypoglycemic and she's had a lot of success with chromium GTF for low blood sugar (piccolate is for high blood sugar). There's a lot of controversy around this - the natural health community support it as a supplement, doctors don't think it really does anything. But now I can test myself - I can set a benchmark for a week (or two) and then try the tablets and see the results (keeping my meals fairly similar). Sort of like a science experiment! If they don't make a difference then I love being self-empowered!

mtiger
05-04-2009, 07:17 PM
What happened to me?? I read a bunch of posts yesterday but obviously forgot to post myself. So much has happened here in the last few days. I don't know if I'll catch up. Sounds like people are making smart choices on food (Gary?), doing things for themselves and getting in some good exercise.

I have been kicking butt with exercise, eating pretty good and waiting for TOM so I can get a few pounds off. I wish school was over already. i have so much to do and not enough time to do it. :?:

Jeannette311
05-04-2009, 09:49 PM
I ran ELEVEN minutes! I was aiming for ten, but I made it to 11!!!!!

I could NOT do this without you all. If you guys weren't here I simply wouldn't care enough to attempt it!

THANK YOU!

willow650
05-05-2009, 07:10 AM

I could NOT do this without you all. If you guys weren't here I simply wouldn't care enough to attempt it!

THANK YOU!

WTG!!!!!

bobblefrog
05-05-2009, 11:09 AM
WOOT WOOT JEANETTE! That's awesome! I'm going to be coming to you for tips and inspiration when I take up running later this summer.

And I am happy to report my fasting blood sugar (FBS) this morning rang in at 86. Normal range is 70-100. SO. I am not even prediabetic. I have been letting that fear hang over me for probably two years (last time I was tested was three yrs ago).

I'm going to do a few more checks, and continue figuring out what imbalance I'm dealing with - but whew! Faced that fear!

dutchgirl
05-05-2009, 01:00 PM
Jeanette!
You are just doing AWESOME with the running, girl.
And I hope you get the job. You have already been working for them, so they should know that you are QUALITY!

Blonde, nice chance to rest up and get some healing done.

Willow, you're doing and looking great. Don't get hung up on numbers girl, the numbers will continue to change with all the good work you're putting in.

OK. Confession time. Yesterday I ate 1100 cals. Today breakfat and lunch together came in at about 600 cals.
And I was up at 4 AM this morning and out the door at 4:10 AM to do my C25K training (in the pouring rain I might add.)
And I used all of that to rationalize getting the Mexican meal for supper that I have been jonesing for the last couple of weeks.
It sounds like a really stupid thing to do, but at least I have got it out of my system now and I can happily go back to being a good girl.

So Gary, I'm not going to give you any grief over the fried chicken. Sometimes you just gotta.

blondebritbrat17
05-05-2009, 01:37 PM
Jeannette-WTG

Bobblefrog-Good news!

Dutchgirl- Don't blame ya. Done it before myself too.. fried chicken does sound good now lol..

I have officially decided Fiber one is evil.. I apparently have NO tolerance for any of their products and will not be going far from a toliet today to say the least. I just got home from Walmart from getting more cold medicine and sodas and ink for my printer and barely made it to the bathroom again. I better see something on the scale since I didn't know I had so much IN me that could come OUT. :-)

Have a great Tuesday!

Jeannette311
05-05-2009, 04:46 PM
Thanks everyone!!!

I am exhausted today. Just going to walk before job number two tonight.

Went over my 1200 calorie lot (thank you, honeybun!) but my head is pounding and I'm so tired so right at this sec I don't care.

Bobble: that is so nice of you to say! I hope I give you good advice.. lol!

Dutch, it's okay...I'm being really good so that I can have a burger on Friday!

Blonde: I told my mom about those bars and I think she might pick them up. She's been really irregular!

mtiger
05-05-2009, 07:49 PM
J- Good job on the running. I have my friend running with me these days. She is just begining. Once she is done I try to a mile on my own. 2 days in a row now, I have done it in 12 min. Do you know how far you are going?

Just got the signal that dinner is ready. Chicken strips and some frozen fries. YUM!!! Take that all you Mexican, fried chicken and honey bun eaters.

iriswhispers
05-05-2009, 08:21 PM
Jeanette, congrats on the running! =)

Dutch girl, i think you summed it up with the "sometimes you just gotta" comment. And you have the right attitude - go right back to plan! A treat like that once in awhile won't keep you from reaching your overall goal, so keep on keepin on!

BTW all the talk of fried chicken, mexican, chicken strips, etc. is making my stomach growl! I'm waiting till 7 to eat cos I'm going to a pot luck event. I'm sure there will be unhealthy choices but I know that at least one guy is making a stir fry that should pass for having nutritional value!

Jeannette311
05-05-2009, 08:55 PM
I don't really pay attention to distance right now because I'm so slow (haha)but once I hit 15 minutes in a row then I'll see how long it takes me to do a mile. I can usually walk/run a mile in 15 minutes if I run fast, lol! But that was a couple months ago before I got sick.

I am shaking like a leaf. I had coffee (allergic, lol) and it's got me so jittery and bellyachy I can barely stand still OR move.

EZMONEY
05-05-2009, 09:48 PM
HEY TEAM :)

Well I have been lurking off and on throughout the day as I go around doing chores. I have a shameful confession to make :o

I have been off work since last Wednesday....which is great for me :carrot: I really needed a break....I will be going back probably Thursday for a long and hard job. But what this does is give me time to watch some cooking shows between ballgames...and guess what? I saw an old Tyler Florence show...he made macaroni and cheese....yep...I had to make it :devil:

And....against Angie's advice I made the whole recipe...for the 2 of us. Not too smart.

Anyway we had it for dinner last night and tonight AND I had it for lunch today...it was very good!

I did get in some miles this afternoon and I did give blood today so that gives me a pint's credit worth of calories ;)

You gals are awesome!

dutchgirl
05-05-2009, 11:31 PM
Mac'n cheese sounds nice.
Has Angie had her check-up yet? hope it's good news!

EZMONEY
05-06-2009, 01:16 AM
She did ~ doctor told her today everything looks fine. He thinks it was the acid reflux issue on her chest and wants her to continue what she is taking for 4 more weeks and re-check.

Thanks for asking! Good-nite all

willow650
05-06-2009, 07:43 AM
I EXCERCISED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im not sure how long has been since I have done so. last night I met up with a couple girls from church we walk 3.5 miles, go up an down the stairs 12 times, and did 30 pushes.

blondebritbrat17
05-06-2009, 10:02 AM
Gary-Great to know that about Angie!! I understand about being off and having time to make things you don't normally make.

Willow-WTG

Yesterday I made brownies to clear out the things in my pantry. Today I'm making meatloaf and mashed potatoes again to use up things in my pantry. We're on a strict budget right now so we'll be eating from the pantry quite a bit and that will be a challenge to try to do it as healthy as possible but a learning experience about what I need to have on hand in my pantry. I do have to go back to work tomorrow. We found out yesterday that the health department has cleared us to go back tomorrow two days early. Some co-workers of mine have gone out of state and some even went out of the country for a vacation so needless to say some people aren't happy about their "vacation" being cut short. My teacher I work under is one of the ones out of state visiting family and will not be back in time so I will be on my own tomorrow with the kids. Oh well.. three days of paid vacation that we weren't supposed to get and we don't have to make up was still nice!

Have a great Wednesday!

Jeannette311
05-06-2009, 11:26 AM
Another day, another work out.

I have to run and walk tonight. I figured out a new routine...

Day 1: run as long as I can
Day 2: walk or do elliptical
Day 3: run in short spurts as fast as I can and walk
Day 4: rest

Start all over!

I think this will keep my body tricked for now!

OOh, gotta go, cutey plant waterer!

EmZee
05-06-2009, 11:28 AM
WOOT WOOT JEANETTE! That's awesome! I'm going to be coming to you for tips and inspiration when I take up running later this summer.

And I am happy to report my fasting blood sugar (FBS) this morning rang in at 86. Normal range is 70-100. SO. I am not even prediabetic. I have been letting that fear hang over me for probably two years (last time I was tested was three yrs ago).

I'm going to do a few more checks, and continue figuring out what imbalance I'm dealing with - but whew! Faced that fear!

:bravo::cp::cp::cp: Congratulations for facing your fear and WINNING!!! I am so impressed!!! YAY!!!

Mari

EmZee
05-06-2009, 11:30 AM

THANK YOU!

WOW!!! Outdid yourself!!!
:trampo::running::woo::woohoo:

Jeannette311
05-06-2009, 11:44 AM
I did, Em! It's crazy!

iriswhispers
05-06-2009, 01:38 PM
I just had way too much fun dancing around to country music w/ 5 lb weights. Thank goodness no one could see me!! But I think it was a great workout. =)

BF is getting in tonight... I have to find meal options that are healthy for me and still appetizing for him. Always the struggle - I tend to not eat very well when he's around. Any suggestions for man-friendly but healthy food? Preferable things I can "disguise" as healthy!

dutchgirl
05-06-2009, 02:41 PM
Iris, Willow just posted a link on another thread in this section about healthy eating, I quickly looked at it and there is some great looking stuff on there.
Maybe you can get some ideas there.

So my niece had a baby girl 2 hours ago!:dance:
I became a great-aunt for the second time. I'll give more details when I get them

EZMONEY
05-06-2009, 02:54 PM
I EXCERCISED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im not sure how long has been since I have done so. last night I met up with a couple girls from church we walk 3.5 miles, go up an down the stairs 12 times, and did 30 pushes.

:carrot:Awesome MANDY!

Gary-Great to know that about Angie!! I understand about being off and having time to make things you don't normally make.

Oh Brat I can find time to put cheese in anything! I'm coming for the meatloaf ;)

I did, Em! It's crazy!

Great job SUPER J :carrot:

I just had way too much fun dancing around to country music w/ 5 lb weights. Thank goodness no one could see me!! But I think it was a great workout. =)

Nothing like some good country music to burn calories to! I walked 3 miles with George Strait yesterday...on the i-pod ;) Hey kiddo....Angie just "weaned" me off the crap I ate and snuck chicken-rice and veggies in as much as she could until I got used to it ...oh that and "promises" on date night ;)

So my niece had a baby girl 2 hours ago!:dance:
I became a great-aunt for the second time.

Cool :) I am a great uncle!

EZMONEY
05-06-2009, 03:03 PM

:carrot: AWESOME! Bobblefrog! Did you ever figure out how to do the quotes?

J- Good job on the running. I have my friend running with me these days. She is just begining. Once she is done I try to a mile on my own. 2 days in a row now, I have done it in 12 min.

:carrot: Great job Mindy!

Hi EMZEE :)

bobblefrog
05-06-2009, 04:14 PM
EZ....
AWESOME! Bobblefrog! Did you ever figure out how to do the quotes?:chin: Not with the button below each post (it looks like the middle one is for multiple quotes)? But I'll stop being lazy and at least do something like it manually. It really is much easier to read. I'm glad Angie is doing well and check up dismissed any worries...

EMZEE...
Congratulations for facing your fear and WINNING!!! I am so impressed!!! YAY!!! :thanks: Thank you, thank you very much...now I have a friend urging me to go get my bloodwork done for thyroid issues, but I think I'm going to just watch things for awhile. I feel healthy as a clam.

Are clams healthy? I hope so as we are having spaghetti with clam sauce for dindins.....

JEANETTE...
I figured out a new routine...

Day 1: run as long as I can
Day 2: walk or do elliptical
Day 3: run in short spurts as fast as I can and walk
Day 4: rest
:running:Now that sounds interesting - is that for mental or physical "tricking"? I mean are you tricking your metabolism or keeping your mind interested?

WILLOW...
I EXCERCISED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im not sure how long has been since I have done so. last night I met up with a couple girls from church we walk 3.5 miles, go up an down the stairs 12 times, and did 30 pushes.:cp:WOOT WOOT!! That's great! 30 pushups...I am in awe!

MTIGER
I have my friend running with me these days. She is just begining. Once she is done I try to a mile on my own. 2 days in a row now, I have done it in 12 min.:running:Hey awesome! That's great - I'll be going to you for advice, too.

Like what shoes do you all like for running? When I get rid of ugly trail sandals (which are useless on trails unless it's in a shopping mall)...my BF suggests New Balance.

:woops:
So far so good on the commitment to workout in the exercise room three times a week. It's really hard because I feel awkward, I have stupid shoes, and exercising has always been...um...challenging...yeah, that's it. Trying not to use words like HATE. :-)! But I figure the only way I'll stop feeling awkward is to learn to use the machines. And I just have to get over my stupid orthepedic hobbit sandals. When I can afford good shoes I'll get some!

I can only do the stairstepper for three minutes - but my little new mini (really mini) accomplishment was to stop to rest for 5 seconds ONLY ONCE. And I made it 2 and 20 before I had to. EGADS it's a monster. My heart gets beating fast and I'm sure that's wrong and I'm going to explode or something ;-) You can tell I have NEVER exercised - LOL! I'm such a whimp.

:D
What other news - ah, my mom had to go to doctor today to get a prescription renewed. It's been two years and while she's maintained, apparently she was about 20 lbs heavier than she thought. It was a shocker for her. I've been trying to get her motivated to join me in dieting the last month - I think the number really scared her. She's heavier than me (only by a little) - weighs 199 - but she carries it better as she's an inch and a half taller. SO! I am very happy!

EZMONEY
05-06-2009, 04:14 PM
:mad: DANGER ZONE :mad:

OK, time to get real accountable :^:

This morning I weighed in at 183...that is 3 days in a row at that weight :( I looked through my journal and saw that I weighed 183 twice in the last 40 days...prior to that the last time I weighed 183, or heavier, more than 1 day in a row was September 10-13, 2007! Since that time I had never reached 183, except for this March 28 and April 25....until the last 3 days :(

Looking back through the journal it looks like I pretty much maintained in the low to mid 170's until November of this year. That seems to be when I started increasing a little bit at a time and never going back down long enough to make a difference.

I really don't have a good excuse :no:

I know the problems :yes:

Now that I lost the weight I wanted I can have ~

Beer now and then...for me even a couple a night :) ~ Not the 4-5 I have been having :devil:

Pizza every now and then :) ~ But not eat a large all by myself (even if now it is for dinner and lunch) :devil:

The turkey sandwiches for lunch :) ~ Turned into salami and cheese :devil:

Snacks of rice crackers and olives :) ~ Turned into chips...too many times :devil:

Oatmeal or turkey bacon and whole wheat muffin :) ~ Turned into nachos with extra cheese :devil:

Angie and I split our restaurant meals, sharing one or each bringing 1/2 home for lunch :) ~ We continue to do that, however, I find myself ordering a bit larger meals....the 3 combo Mexican plate instead of 2 choices....when we are not sharing with each other :devil:

I still get my miles in almost every day :) ~ However, I am not doing the extra mile or two, on the treadmill. after walking the dogs :devil:

I think you get the point.....:doh:

So, as the 2nd anniversary of "Journey Of Better Choices" gets closer...July 23rd....I promise myself to get back on track!

I know I can do this because we have the best TEAM out there! :cp:

So today after I weighed in I grabbed the dogs and went for our usual 3 miles...then added a 1/2 mile for good luck :lucky: then jumped on the :woops: treadmill when I got home for another 1.5 miles :carrot: ...man was it ever dusty ;)

Breakfast was...ok...it was leftover macaroni and cheese :devil:....gotta get rid of that stuff!

I am a work in progress!

EZMONEY
05-06-2009, 04:18 PM
BOBBLEFROG you can just click on the middle one (the page) it will turn red....then go to another person's and click on the same thing...when you have all the ones you want then click on "quote" and they will all turn up. Then you can go through and erase the parts of each one you don't want...leaving the quote in the brackets at both ends.

Jeannette311
05-06-2009, 06:10 PM
Thanks EZ!

Bobble, I think it will work for both. I hope. In theory.

mtiger
05-06-2009, 07:35 PM
You guys ar so busy around here. I hate this time of year. It is nice outside, the grass is growing, the flower beds need tending, etc. etc. And what do I have to do all day???? Work. I want to be home!!!! I seriously have too much to do and no time to do it.

Running , walking, exercising (after a very long time), getting back on plan (who would that be?), working hard. What a bunch we are. We are awesome. My 5k freind and I were talking today about what we can do now that we couldn't a year ago.

What can you do that you couldn't before getting healthier, or lighter???
I can run 3 miles, do a plank, a wall squat and push ups. Who woulda thunk it last year??

EZMONEY
05-06-2009, 08:22 PM
Awesome MINDY!

School will be out soon and you will be able to catch up...it is hard to get everything done we need to sometimes. But, even though most things are important, there are some things we can let slide, for a while, while we take care of ourselves.

So cool you are realizing what you can do this year and couldn't last year..

wait 'till next year...Oh yeah!!!

mrsaugie
05-06-2009, 08:27 PM
well today was not too bad. had a bad case of the munchies all day/ still need to exercise yet today. but i am starting to get really tired. but i don't think it will happen because i really do not like exercising after 8 because i go to bed early usually by 9:30. (if you have not noticed i am up very early like 4:30- 5:00. and i still want to get up and exercise before work.

you know sitting back and thinking a few years ago i would just say not gonna happen, give up and leave it at that. now i really want to do this. my alarm clock is set for 4:00 for that purpose. however the bed keeps holing me hostage. i will get away from you evil, and diabolical (sp), yet so warm and soft and comfrontable cozy bed. i will you will see i will win the battle.

Jeannette311
05-06-2009, 09:18 PM
Decided to skip the gym today. I had the day off from job #2 so I just wanted to kind of sit at home and veg.

Had about 1400 cals today. Weighed in at 196.8.

dutchgirl
05-07-2009, 03:59 AM
Like what shoes do you all like for running? When I get rid of ugly trail sandals (which are useless on trails unless it's in a shopping mall)...my BF suggests New Balance.

Bobble, please please please go to a good running shoes store where they actually videotape your running stride and fit you properly with the shoes that you need. Don't go by what other people like for themselves.
And get what you need even if they are a bit more expensive than you had hoped. It can make such a huge difference in keeping from getting injuries from running/walking!

I myself overpronate rather badly, and I also have very high arches, which is not that common a combination, but a good shop here was able to fit me with just the right shoes to correct my stride - and I have had injuries in the past when running on shoes that I thought very comfortable, but that didn't actually support my feet strongly enough in the area that needed it.

Good for you for getting the exercize in!:)

bobblefrog
05-07-2009, 09:39 AM
Thanks for the advice Dutchgirl! I am not even going to attempt it until I get some more weight off so hopefully this summer the financial situation will have turned around.

I think today I'll keep my post short - all is okay, but I'm feeling overwhelmed in my life and a few more "straws" yesterday just have me at the verge of tears this morning. I try to stay optimistic but some days I feel so inadequate and alone. I have a lot of virtual support and of course I love my BF and our little family of four (the other two have paws). But no real friends here. Guess I'm having some major homesickness, too. Four years now out here in Colorado, I'm almost 43 years old...and you think I'd have stopped missing my mommy! LOL!

EZ - I'll try that multiple post thing again tomorrow - thanks for the instruction. It's the very last step I was unsure about.

Everyone have a great day!!!! Good luck sticking to your programs and may everyone have one success today - no matter how small :-)))))

EmZee
05-07-2009, 12:25 PM
Thanks for the mulit quote info Gary, I will try it next time, too.

Bobble - My sister lives in Denver. It really can be a big city. I'm sorry you're feeling homesick. Wave hi to the mountains for me, will ya?

I went on my home scale this morning and it said 215!!! Seriously!!! So, there's 5 pounds of baloney GONE! I've been doing really well thanks to you guys. Need to workout somehow, somewhere today.

Jeannette311
05-07-2009, 05:35 PM
I ate Wendy's today. Damn, damn, damn.

blondebritbrat17
05-07-2009, 06:11 PM
Jeannette-shake it off!!

EmZee- Congrats on the 5 pounds!

Bobble-Sorry you're homesick..

I found out my test results and apparently I STILL have severe mono and was told once again to "take it easy". It's good to know that there are no OTHER underlying issues like I was starting to be concerned about. But frustrating too since this will not go away. I guess just keep doing what I am doing and taking walks when I do feel up to it. I am down another pound to 204.5. Not where I wanted to be by now but it's still progress and I'll take any I can get right now. :-)

have a great afternoon!

willow650
05-07-2009, 08:10 PM
I exercised again today YAY ME!!! I met up with my new walking partner and we were gonna walk 2 miles, but ended up 4 1/2. And for dinner, I had lasagna Alfredo, with sausage, chicken, a jar and 1/2 Alfredo sauce, 4 kinds of cheese I did only have 1 serving, I really wanted 2. Um, I am also going to have cake and ice cream later....lol

mtiger
05-07-2009, 09:24 PM
My friend and I did 3 miles tonight. She is running more as we are training for her first 5K. It is exciting to see her push herself and do so well. Since TOM arrived I went down alittle today. 191. I really want to get into the 180's solidly.

Gary- Spent about 2 hours outside tonight. Got some stuff done. Bring on summer vacation. Have you put up the new 5k yet?

Brit- Still the mono thing. Take it easy and get yourself over that. :smug:

Willow- Isn't it nice to have someone to work out with. I am so thnkful for my friend. We inspire each other.

EZMONEY
05-07-2009, 09:28 PM
MANDY ~Angie thins out our alfredo (store bought) with chicken broth...about 1/3 to 2/3....saves on calories and I don't notice a difference.

EZMONEY
05-07-2009, 09:38 PM

you know sitting back and thinking a few years ago i would just say not gonna happen, give up and leave it at that. now i really want to do this. my alarm clock is set for 4:00 for that purpose. however the bed keeps holing me hostage. i will get away from you evil, and diabolical (sp), yet so warm and soft and comfrontable cozy bed. i will you will see i will win the battle.

"I will see you when I win the battle"...love-love it!

Decided to skip the gym today. I had the day off from job #2 so I just wanted to kind of sit at home and veg.

Kiddo...it seems to me you go way hard then collapse...is that so?...Balance dear...balance :hug:

Bobble, please please please go to a good running shoes store where they actually videotape your running stride and fit you properly with the shoes that you need. Don't go by what other people like for themselves.

Good for you for getting the exercize in!:)

Great advice coach!

.... Four years now out here in Colorado, I'm almost 43 years old...and you think I'd have stopped missing my mommy! LOL!

EZ - I'll try that multiple post thing again tomorrow - thanks for the instruction. It's the very last step I was unsure about.

Everyone have a great day!!!! Good luck sticking to your programs and may everyone have one success today - no matter how small :-)))))

So...before I hear anymore "do you want some cheese with that wine"...where are you going to meet new possible friends? I know we have several ladies on this site from the Denver area.

Bobble - My sister lives in Denver. It really can be a big city. I'm sorry you're feeling homesick. Wave hi to the mountains for me, will ya?

I went on my home scale this morning and it said 215!!! Seriously!!! So, there's 5 pounds of baloney GONE! I've been doing really well thanks to you guys. Need to workout somehow, somewhere today.

And throw a rock at that stadium for us Raider fans...why does it look like it is falling down when you drive by anyway?

I ate Wendy's today. Damn, damn, damn.

Wendy is not a friend of mine ;) We used to be inseparable though...;)

I found out my test results and apparently I STILL have severe mono and was told once again to "take it easy". It's good to know that there are no OTHER underlying issues like I was starting to be concerned about. But frustrating too since this will not go away. I guess just keep doing what I am doing and taking walks when I do feel up to it. I am down another pound to 204.5. Not where I wanted to be by now but it's still progress and I'll take any I can get right now. :-)

have a great afternoon!

Times up! Time to get better kiddo! :hug:

My friend and I did 3 miles tonight. She is running more as we are training for her first 5K. It is exciting to see her push herself and do so well. Since TOM arrived I went down alittle today. 191. I really want to get into the 180's solidly.

Gary- Spent about 2 hours outside tonight. Got some stuff done. Bring on summer vacation. Have you put up the new 5k yet?

Which one Mindy...the Mindy 5K ;)

Jeannette311
05-07-2009, 10:02 PM
Jeannette-shake it off!!

have a great afternoon!I'm trying to shake it off. *sigh*

I'm really sorry about the mono. Just take care of yourself. The rest can wait.

I exercised again today YAY ME!!! I met up with my new walking partner and we were gonna walk 2 miles, but ended up 4 1/2. And for dinner, I had lasagna Alfredo, with sausage, chicken, a jar and 1/2 Alfredo sauce, 4 kinds of cheese I did only have 1 serving, I really wanted 2. Um, I am also going to have cake and ice cream later....lolBut you worked out! :carrot:

That's awesome!!! I'm all by myself when it comes to working out. When I get really good I'm going to ask my best bud;s brother and dad to run with me.

MANDY ~Angie thins out our alfredo (store bought) with chicken broth...about 1/3 to 2/3....saves on calories and I don't notice a difference.I just made chicken alfredo for the 1st time last week...heavy cream, parm, lemon...omg. I don't even want to think about calories!

OKAY. I ran for a minute at 6.1 and OW. OWWW. But it also felt really good. My once super tight pants are getting looser but I don't see a difference and neither does anyone else so I'm guessing it's just because I wear them so much. I took yesterday off so it was my run/walk day. I ran about 5 or 6 mins in spurts...highest 6.1 and lowest 4.7. After doing the 6.1 and then switching for a few seconds to 4.7...I know I have to go faster than 4.7, so after I hit my 15 minutes in a row mark, I am going to start all over again and begin at 4.9. every time I hit 15 mins in a row, I'll up it by .2...I hope that builds my endurance and makes me lose weight...

I feel like a fraud. I'm buying running stuff, and reading RW and getting book recommendations... and I'm this blob. Sure, we all have to start somewhere but I can't help but feeling a bit like a fake losery person. Ugh. And I was changing into my running stuff and I looked in a mirror (which I never do) and I looked like a fat old lady. Who am I? Who was that in the mirror? This is why I never look in the mirror unless I"m brushing my teeth or putting on makeup. And even them I let my eyes blur over a bit.

Blah blah. WHERE ARE MY ENDORPHINS!?!?!?

EZMONEY
05-07-2009, 10:23 PM
I just made chicken alfredo for the 1st time last week...heavy cream, parm, lemon...omg. I don't even want to think about calories!

I'm coming for dinner (but better yet go check out the new recipe with quinoa that I just put in Vegetarian Chicks) ;)

I feel like a fraud. I'm buying running stuff, and reading RW and getting book recommendations... and I'm this blob. Sure, we all have to start somewhere but I can't help but feeling a bit like a fake losery person. Ugh. And I was changing into my running stuff and I looked in a mirror (which I never do) and I looked like a fat old lady. Who am I? Who was that in the mirror? This is why I never look in the mirror unless I"m brushing my teeth or putting on makeup. And even them I let my eyes blur over a bit.

Blah blah. WHERE ARE MY ENDORPHINS!?!?!?

Oh sweetie :hug: You ARE NOT a fake! Keep wearing the running gear...keep doing the exercises...keep making that kiddo of yours proud! Ya know, when I go to the 5K's Angie and I do...I know it's weired...but I actually "feel" healthier around healthy people. It makes me more motivated...keep doing what you are doing...hang out in places where people are healthy....IT ISN'T FAKE!!!! It is the REAL YOU...becoming the person God intends for you to be!! :hug: It isn't going to happen overnight...but I swear IT WILL HAPPEN!!! And WE...OUR TEAM...ME...will not leave you!!! WHO ARE YOU?...Well my dear kiddo...YOU ARE "SUPER J!"

Jeannette311
05-07-2009, 11:07 PM
*cries*

Thank you Gary. I really needed that. Everyone's having a crap day and it's all spreading over to my brain.

LIKE PRIMORDIAL OOZE.

(I make really good manicotti and baklava too...)

bobblefrog
05-08-2009, 01:03 AM
I start out by highlighting the text I want to quote in each post and select the multiquote icon each time (it turns red) but what is the "quote" I'm supposed to select when I'm done? If I select the quote button on the last post I highlighted in it seems to quote the entire page with all the posts. If I select the quote icon on my toolbar it just gives me the two quote brackets (with nothing inside).

:hug:
Super J! You can do this - we all believe in you! You are our inspiration, too :-)

Emzee thanks for the support - and Blonde I'm sorry you are still dealing with mono - I understand that can be very dehibilitating. You definitely take care of yourself. Have you researched any options for food therapy (yeah nutrition), supplements or herbs you can take to help get your system back in whack?

EZ - no whine and certainly no cheese! Not if we are going to prove your magic baloney pill works. It was just a tough morning. Fortunately the day got much better. BF had to work late and YEAH ME I went to the exercise room ALL BY MYSELF. Did not let the buff man working out deter me (I feel like such an awkward frump!), nor the children pressing their nose against the glass to watch me treadmill (okay - I exaggerate -slightly), or the fact it was freakin 86 degrees in there! I told my BF later we were just getting the extra luxury of a sauna with our workout. And I did the stairstepper for 3 minutes for the first time without stopping.
:carrot:

And I even wore my sweatpants with the flashing little lights in the pocket! You know I was feeling TOUGH! :rofl:

Backstory: We spent two years fulltime RVing - and now that my BF's mother has passed on, we're looking to move to Asheville. I guess I'm just hesitating setting down roots. I miss my house, our garden and my mom. I'm scared of losing "healthy" time with her. Our neighbors here are all sort of standoffish - oh you know - they seem pleasant enough, but they hurry by and try not to make eye contact. You can tell they aren't interested in opening their circle. So to make friends, it's not quite like in the parks where you chatted with everyone. Instead I'd need to go get involved in something and with that comes obligation and time commitments. Not something I have a lot of right now. No whine, I promise. Just sort of how things got set up. This too shall pass! Just some days I have a bad start!
:p

dutchgirl
05-08-2009, 02:07 AM
I feel like a fraud. I'm buying running stuff, and reading RW and getting book recommendations... and I'm this blob. Sure, we all have to start somewhere but I can't help but feeling a bit like a fake losery person.

You so are not a fake! Look at all the work you are putting into the exercise and everything.
You are changing your behaviors and sometimes that just feels like "not you" until it gets incorporated into your system. One day very soon you are going to wake up and realise that the running and the magazine and the workout gear are very much part of who Jeanette is. You keep it up sweetheart!
And if you're having a lousy day, we're here.

I start out by highlighting the text I want to quote in each post and select the multiquote icon each time (it turns red) but what is the "quote" I'm supposed to select when I'm done? If I select the quote button on the last post I highlighted in it seems to quote the entire page with all the posts. If I select the quote icon on my toolbar it just gives me the two quote brackets (with nothing inside).

don't highlight anything, just click on multiquote at each of the postings you want to have quoted. when you've got them all, click on the regular quote button and the posting screen will pop up with all the quoted texts. just erase what you don't need

BF had to work late and YEAH ME I went to the exercise room ALL BY MYSELF. Did not let the buff man working out deter me (I feel like such an awkward frump!), nor the children pressing their nose against the glass to watch me treadmill (okay - I exaggerate -slightly), or the fact it was freakin 86 degrees in there!

:lol: hey, you were out there doing it! Why do we care so much what perfect strangers that we may never see again may think of us? And I do say "may" because we can't see what they are thinking

And I even wore my sweatpants with the flashing little lights in the pocket! You know I was feeling TOUGH! :rofl:

flashing lights in your pocket?

I'm off to start week 5 of my C25K. The weatherman promised a nice day but it is very blustery and it looks like I might get a load of rain dumped on me. Oh well, that will cool me off!

EZMONEY
05-08-2009, 08:39 AM
2 days weighing in at 182...so better than 183

BOBBLEFROG ~ don't highlight anything...just hit the "page" on all the posts you want...then hit "quote" all the posts will show up....then you can go trhough and click on what you want to delete out of each post...at least that is the way I do it.

DUTCHGIRL have a great run!

have a great day TEAM!

dutchgirl
05-08-2009, 09:55 AM
Just as I went outside this morning, expecting rain at any moment, the clouds broke and there was some glorious sunshine. Felt like a little present from Heaven. Most of my run is along water, and the sun on the water just looks so beautiful.

My run today was easy:
Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then:
Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)
Walk 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes)
Walk 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes)

I go by time, not distance as I am slower than molasses in January. I will worry about speeding up and making more distance once I can run for 30 min. straight.

Have a great day, everybody!:carrot:

bobblefrog
05-08-2009, 06:35 PM
Ah, I got it! Finally, I too can be the multiquote queen! Thanks all!!

CONGRATULATIONS EZ - glad to see you are BACK ON TRACK

:dance:

I also am off the probationary period. WooHoo. I now am official with my little ticker and signature. The hulu girl is definitely symbolic of one of my more purely hedonistic motivations. My BF is going to be (hopefully) doing some yoga teaching at some resorts next year - Jamaica, Cancun, Costa Rica- and I want to be a "fit" companion. I want to wear sleeveless tops and a bathing suit and cute little sundresses....without embarrassment or self-consciousness!

Hope everyone is having a nice Friday - have a great weekend - and I can't wait to hear about everyone's successes. Hope everyone has beautiful weather like dutchgirl and gets LOTS of exercise, too!

:grouphug:

EZMONEY
05-08-2009, 07:53 PM
Glad you are having nice weather DUTCHGIRL.

BOBBLEFROG my wife just started teaching yoga...I bet she wishes she could teach it at a resort in Jamaica or Cancun rather than church, a gym and a yoga studio...which she does "mostly" for free...some are paying classes...barely...

blondebritbrat17
05-08-2009, 10:17 PM
Dutchgirl-Wish I had that weather...

Jeannette-It's okay to take a day off.. I haven't worked out in who knows when!!!

I had to work in a building that had no AC today and it was very hot outside due to us having quite a bit of humidity here. None of us figured out until today why the building had been so hot since yesterday and finally someone was there to fix the AC basically near the end of the day go figure. We couldn't even open windows since ours are bolted shut for who knows why.. So needless to say I feel very yucky and still very hot even though I've been home for over 4 hours now in my cool house. Oh well hopefully maybe some of that sweat got rid of some water weight! LOL..I'm a bit bored tonight since my husband went to see a movie with one of his best buds. They've kind of made it a tradition to go see a couple of movies each year that me nor his girlfriend would want to see. So I'm enjoying the quiet. Have a nice night!

mtiger
05-08-2009, 10:37 PM
J- A co-worker was talking about the March of DImes walk she did. My sister is the area director. Anyway, she was complaining about how sore and tired she was. The walk was 4 miles. I thought, really??? That is just not a big deal anymore. A few years ago i probably would have felt like dying, but not anymore. You are making more progress than you realize. Keep it up.

All I did this week was walk/jog with my friend. I should be losing this week, but I'm not. So tonight I did 40 min. of Jillian's Cardio DVD. Let's see if that does any good.

EZMONEY
05-09-2009, 09:59 AM
Back up a pound TEAM.

Our vicar from church, and his wife, my brother and his wife came over for dinner last night. We had carnitas and black bean tacos. I don't feel like I ate too much...maybe had a beer too many.

Haven't got any miles in the last two days.

I would say my efforts the last 2 days have been better but not that great. As I type I seem to remember that I was saying to myself "you don't "need" anymore food....but I got up and fixed another taco and carnitas burrito anyway....dang....I didn't do that when I was making "my journey of better choices"

Stay cool today BRAT

That is a great feeling isn't it MINDY? When you go out and do 3-4 miles...even more...and can come home and have stuff left in the tank!

Have a great week-end ladies ~ I will check in later.