Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 04-18-2009, 07:39 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Height: 5'8"

Default homemade chicken nuggets(buffalo style)

I just made my first batch, they were SO yummy. I wish I knew how to count the calories in them. First I cut up chicken breast(tenderloins) in to bite size pieces then marinated them in Texas Pete wing sauce for an hour. Then I tossed them in a mix of 1 cup whole wheat flour and 1 cup cornmeal(I use organic) and some season salt. Skillet fried them in canola, Grape seed oil is my preference but I was out. Served them with a bowl full of ranch dressing, some celery and carrots to hubby and kids. I had a salad with mine and mixed 2T of ranch and 1T of wing sauce. This has to be better for me than my broiled wings with a ton of ranch for dipping. I used to eat 15 wings, I had 6oz of nuggets.
willow650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 08:03 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 201.8/155.2/158

Height: 5 7

Hi Willow,

I got this from the Hungry Girl website, while it is a little different than yours you can add the hot sauce to this. This recipie gives all the nutritional info
Planet Hungrywood Sweet & Cap'n Crunchy Chicken

PER SERVING (1/2 of recipe): 234 calories, 2g fat, 617mg sodium, 23.5g carbs, 4g fiber, 10g sugars, 29g protein -- POINTS® value 4*

Check out our surreal, cereal-coated chicken recipe -- inspired by the classic version that Planet Hollywood serves up. It's GOOOOOD!

I am sure you can omit some of the ingredients and it would work great.

Ingredients:
8 oz. raw boneless skinless lean chicken breast tenders
1/2 cup Cap'n Crunch cereal (original)
1/4 cup Fiber One bran cereal (original)
3 tbsp. fat-free liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters Original)
2 tbsp. Best Foods/Hellmann's Dijonnaise
2 tbsp. honey mustard (actual mustard, not dressing)
1/8 tsp. onion powder
1/8 tsp. garlic powder
dash salt
dash black pepper

Directions:
Place Fiber One in a blender or food processor, and grind to a breadcrumb-like consistency. Set aside.

Put Cap'n Crunch in a sealable plastic bag and seal. Using a rolling pin or a can, coarsely crush cereal through the bag. In a wide bowl, combine Fiber One crumbs, crushed Cap'n Crunch, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Mix well and set aside.

Place chicken tenders in a separate medium bowl. Pour egg substitute over the chicken, and flip chicken to coat. Shake off any excess egg substitute, and then coat chicken in the cereal mixture.

Bring a large pan sprayed with nonstick spray to medium heat on the stove. Place coated chicken pieces gently into the pan, spacing them out as much as possible. Cook for 5 minutes, and then carefully flip pieces over. Cook for about 4 additional minutes, until chicken is cooked through.

Combine the Dijonnaise and honey mustard in a small dish, and mix well for a tasty dipping sauce. Enjoy!

MAKES 2 SERVINGS

Last edited by cdawnfine; 04-18-2009 at 08:04 PM.
cdawnfine is offline   Reply With Quote