UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 04-18-2009, 09:06 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 254/234/150

Height: 5'4

Default Channel 4: The Hospital (Obesity)

This week Channel 4's The Hospital is going to look at obesity and the NHS. I don't know if anyone has watched the previous two shows (drunk teenagers in A&E, and teenage pregnancy), but so far it's been very interesting and shocking, and really annoying that so many teenagers don't give a ****.

This week they follow young people who see lap band operations as a quick fix, and patients who lie to the doctors about what they're eating post surgery.

It will be shown on Tuesday 21/04 @ 9pm.

I'm going to be watching it in the hope it provides more inspiration to continue losing weight and eating healthier.

Last edited by Snappymuffin; 04-18-2009 at 09:07 AM.
Snappymuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 10:18 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 294/230/168

Height: 5"6

Thanks for the heads up on this Snappymuffin. I won't be able to tune in on Tuesday as I will be flying back from London at that time but will try to remember to see it on catch-up.

BTW, love your signature! Enjoy the swimming!
MissVitality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 02:45 PM   #3  
On my way down!

S/C/G: 176/Ticker/126

Height: 5'nuffin - I just lost an inch!

Ooooh thanks for the reminder!
Will be watching that!!
jellybellyjess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 07:34 PM   #4  
())crayon))

S/C/G: 240/see tracker/140

Height: 5'6

Will be watching that for sure, thanks for letting us know!

I love watching Supersized vs. Superskinny, that is another great progream on channel 4!
iamacrayon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 01:59 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 254/234/150

Height: 5'4

Did anyone catch this?

I actually found the attitude of the consultant a little disturbing - he really didn't seem to have any compassion or care about his patients (although he must get annoyed when patients fail to follow his guidance).

The patients using the will-power and therapy/support method seemed to do much better than the lap-band patient...
Snappymuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 05:59 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 274/238/150

Height: 5ft 7

Charlie, the mum with the large partner, she's from northampton, where im from.

On the programme, you aw her walking out of our shopping centre.

Sorry, just incase you wanted to know hehe
abbe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 06:38 PM   #7  
sox

I had this series linked from the start and watched all 4 episodes - it was the obesity that really opened my eyes up and made me sit up and take notice at what Im doing to myself.

I thought the attitude from the surgens during the op was disguisting though - ok so their patients may have let themselves go over the year but they are still human and their rude comments I found very nasty - lets just hope I never get into the situation were I have to have surgery - I'd hate to think people would talk about me like that!

Good on the girls that managed to loss weight without the op! Funny didn't show many males though?!
sox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 10:08 AM   #8  
Persevere! You can!

S/C/G: 234/178/134

Height: 5'5"

The surgeon had a very bizarre attitude - his 'beige food' obsession was strange and I just found him very sinister and lacking in compassion.

However, with the exception of the young girl who lost weight on her own, most of the women on this just did not care.

I found this series extremely interesting, but funnily enough I found this episode the least terrifying. The alcohol episode scared the **** out of me, and has led to me drastically cutting down on my drinking (not that I was a heavy drinker before, but I'm basically teetotal now).
georgiad is offline   Reply With Quote