Old 04-18-2009, 06:49 AM   #1  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Default A fingernail day

Who knows why they come along? I certainly haven't worked it out yet.

Today is day 81/81 on plan and, for some reason, it's a tricky one.

I've got defrosted meals waiting to go. I've got plenty water. I've got plenty stuff to occupy my mind and body - but my head wants to go and eat a box of Mikado chocolate sticks in the cupboard, and I've had my allowance today. I've already once been half way across the room to go and stuff them either in my face or in the bin - but I stopped myself and came back to wrok at my desk. Well, whoopdedoo that I did but I wonder why this should suddenly appear?

Today is clearly going to be a day taht needs work - but I'm working at it, because staying fat is not an option.
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 07:14 AM   #2  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I've certainly had more then my share of days like that. Down to the wire and all, where I'm fighting "urges" tooth and nail. And I can't explain them either. I'll be real strong, feeling like I'll never have the desire to eat off plan again - and then - boom - an "urge-y" type day creeps in. I HATE those days. But they do pass and what a relief that is.

Keep BUSY! Distraction is wonderful Have a nice hot cup of tea. Stay away from the kitchen. Work, clean, exercise, sew, read, journal - whatever. And I'd say get rid of those chocolate sticks. They'd be calling my name too. Why torture yourself?

And just look how far you've come. How pretty would 82/82 look? Quite stunning. Remember you're not after short term gratification - you're after long term satisfaction. Long term. Down the road. Don't trade what you want the most for what you want at the moment. You've come too far to be ruled be a chocolate stick, haven't you?
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 07:59 AM   #3  
Happy Plodder

They're in the sink. With bleach on them. (I can fish anything out of the bin and eat them)
Old 04-18-2009, 08:31 AM   #4  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
They're in the sink. With bleach on them. (I can fish anything out of the bin and eat them)
Way to go! I can't say I've ever resorted to harsh chemicals, but the plain old trash can is definitely not sufficient at times. I've gone the wash it down the drain route as well as the thoroughly break it up into ittty bitty pieces and throw it in with some other smelly garbage route. Sometimes a girl's got to do, what a girl's GOT TO DO!

And I firmly believe that it is more sinful and wasteful to eat something when not hungry and to eat something that is unhealthy, then to toss something in the garbage.

Last edited by rockinrobin; 04-18-2009 at 08:34 AM.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 09:23 AM   #5  
Happy Camper

S/C/G: 274/264/220 then re-eval

Height: 6'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailidh View Post
It's like you are reading my mind. Sometimes, when those urges hit, the trash can isn't enough to stop me!

I have only been having a plan for 2 weeks (OP whole time). I have had one of those days so far and i survived it. I thought the next day would be harder but it was almost like i passed a test and the next day was AWESOME, a real breeze.

Stay strong sweetie, you can do this!!
barefootnikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 10:16 AM   #6  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

Yeah sometimes that urge is strong....I've noticed it's come back with a force when my DH has to travel over seas. He told me about leaving for Singapore at the beginning of May & I'm already wanting to just eat to be eating.

Keep yourself busy and try some gum. Those at least help me out a little. lol My house is usually cleaned inside and out by the time my DH comes back

Quote:
And I firmly believe that it is more sinful and wasteful to eat something when not hungry and to eat something that is unhealthy, then to toss something in the garbage.
Exactly I hate hearing or reading about someone not seeing that they need to just throw it out or thinking it's a waste of money.

Last edited by TJFitnessDiva; 04-18-2009 at 10:18 AM.
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 10:26 AM   #7  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Alidh, good for you. That is a huge thing that you were able to trash them before they trashed you. You are doing beautifully on your journey. I find its the worst for me just before my cycle begins.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 10:44 AM   #8  
Happy Plodder

Thanks guys.
Taking a pause here but getting through a mega-ton of ironing!
Old 04-18-2009, 10:54 AM   #9  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

Alidh,

Way to go! You did great! I have had to put temptations in the garbage disposal before, and then I reminded myself that I am not a human garbage disposal.

I am be jinxing myself, but I have gotten rid of my cravings. When I first started this journey, I cleared the house of all sweets and after a month to 6 weeks, my cravings were gone. I let my family have their sweets again and I was not even tempted. Then Christmas hit! I allowed myself some limited sweets and worked them into my calorie count. The cravings started again. I realized that I had to remove all sweets from the house again. It took a couple of weeks but the cravings stopped again. Sweets in the house don't tempt me unless they are sitting out in view and I have to keep walking by them.

There has been one exception to that. I bought some rice cakes with caramel drizzled on them that were just 90 calories a pack. They were very good and I really enjoyed them but started craving sweets. I decided that I can not handle even low calorie sweets. It is funny that fruit does not cause me to have cravings.

My point in this long drawn out story is that maybe you should set sweets aside for awhile to see if that helps with cravings. It may not. We are all different and what works for me may not work for you.
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 11:51 AM   #10  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

I had a day like that yesterday - it had been coming for a while, since my birthday last week -- i was SOOOooo good when all my friends wanted to take me to lunch or dinner, the cakes and treats - i said NO to everything naughty, or took a teeeny tinnny piece and fit it into my calories for the day - but yesterday I said "wow I have to have something with no redeeming features to it" and I had McDonalds -- a cheeseburger and small fries -- and when i got home i threw up!!!! Tooo Much Info I know - but be careful what you wish for!!
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 12:20 PM   #11  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

GOOD FOR YOU! You want to know my little secret? I've noticed that when I am having a REALLY hard cravings day that it means my body is burning fat just a little bit faster... really!

So I'm glad you bleached those darn sticks because my friend... you are worth more than those chocolate doohickeys.
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 01:28 PM   #12  
Happy Plodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfmama View Post
GOOD FOR YOU! You want to know my little secret? I've noticed that when I am having a REALLY hard cravings day that it means my body is burning fat just a little bit faster... really!
O I like that theory!
Old 04-18-2009, 04:10 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 280/233/150

Height: 5'7

Aren't they just the cruelest things sometimes? you are chugging along and doing well and then all of a sudden, *SNIFF SNIFF* is that chocolate? wait, no? chips? pizza? ahhhhh. a cheesesteak. I look at my sorry water and then i dont mind so much being fat. but then- i do mind. wasting valuable time working if off in the rain, sleet, and snow even when ur feeling low cannot be gotten back. I can't get back all the energy I spent trying to do something better.

So i acknowledge that the smells are there, a mirage brought on by lack of bad foods, and move on and do something else and for today...im still chugging along.

Naughtymonkey01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 04:44 PM   #14  
Happy Plodder

I am now so hungry that the only thing stopping me slapping one of the dogs between 2 slices of bread is the fact that I've got no bread.....

Bedtime, I think. I spent quite a time today cleaning the bedroom and putting all new linen on the bed, I'm not going to mess that up with crumbs.

Thankyou for seeing me through!
Old 04-18-2009, 06:17 PM   #15  

Height: 4'11"

If you went to bed that means you made it! Hooray for day # 82!!!
thinpossible is offline   Reply With Quote