Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 04-17-2009, 04:05 PM   #1  
Hug a Tree!

Height: 4'9"

Default Getting Healthy to GET Pregnant 2009

Hello ladies!! I thought we could start a new thread now since the other one has gotten sooooo long.
LandonsBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 01:16 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi! The other thread had gotten rather long! It'll be nice to have some others to talk about TTC with, the weight loss for me makes a huge difference in my ability to conceive, my body just stops working properly after I hit a certain weight. And I really don't want to be so big next time I'm pregnant...last time no one even noticed I was pregnant until I was like 7 months along!!
sept15lija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 01:33 PM   #3  

S/C/G: PSW165.6/157/115

Height: 5'1

Hi everyone, I'm trying to lose my weight and control my diabetes to get pregnant again in 2010. I know the thread is for 2009 but if you don't mind I would like to join and learn more about other people experiences.

Renacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 10:24 PM   #4  
Working my way back

S/C/G: 169/158/130

Height: 5'6

I love that there is a thread for this. After recovering from a miscarriage in May 2007, we have been TTC for about a year now. Figure while I'm not getting anywhere in that department, I'm taking the opportunity to get as healthy as possible for when (and it will) it finally happens.

I'm finally back to the weight I was the first time we got prego, so hopefully...
niclyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 02:48 AM   #5  
One day at a time...

Hi, just checking in. I mentioned in another thread that this is one of my top weight loss motivators.

I've been teetering back and forth on going back on B/C. I really would like to be at a healthy weight prior to conceiving, but I hated what being on the pill did to me. Husband wants me off it, but I really think that is because he's trying to put a bun in the oven .

Anyone else facing that decision?
April_Showers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 10:13 AM   #6  
Here We Go Again

S/C/G: 256 / TICKER / 140

Height: 5'3"

Hello ladies. I am another one of you who wants to TTC. I weighed almost 260lbs and obviously was unhealthy. Now I am hovering around 200lbs. I want to be healthy for this pregnancy. That doesn't mean I have to be at my goal weight, if you know what I mean. There are people who are far more healthier than the skin and bones we may see.
WormwoodDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 11:49 AM   #7  

Hi ladies!!

Renacer - Welcome!! Hey, with the length of time it takes me to conceive, it may be 2010 for me as well!!

niclyn - I am so sorry about your m/c..... Babydust to you!

April Showers - Part of me thinks that too, that I should just wait. But, I'm 31, and while I know that's not THAT old, I don't want to wait to conceive, when I know it takes me a while anyways...I'll keep getting healthy but we're letting whatever happens, happen. Actually maybe even a little more intrusive than that...I had a fertility doc appt yesterday.

Wormwood doll - Congrats on the 60lbs!! What a great accomplishment! I agree with you - I've always been a fairly "healthy" obese person...and I did enjoy a healthy pregnancy at 200+ pounds.

Well I had an appt with my fertility doc yesterday, and we've decided to take a "wait-and-see" approach for the next few months, checking on my ovulation each month to see if I am in fact ovulating right now. After 3 months I have another appointment, when we might decide to go on femara, which I took to conceive my DS.
Old 04-21-2009, 02:36 PM   #8  
Hug a Tree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by April_Showers View Post
Hi, just checking in. I mentioned in another thread that this is one of my top weight loss motivators.

I've been teetering back and forth on going back on B/C. I really would like to be at a healthy weight prior to conceiving, but I hated what being on the pill did to me. Husband wants me off it, but I really think that is because he's trying to put a bun in the oven .

Anyone else facing that decision?
I don't want to EVER go back on the pill.
Old 04-22-2009, 02:36 PM   #9  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

I just had my son 5 months ago, but am looking to lose all of this weight so we can conceive again. We'd like to have a bunch of kids, so I need to get my behind moving! I was 210 when I got pg last time and gained 55 lbs (25+ while on complete bedrest for 8 weeks), and I would like to be lighter and healthier next time. We're not talking about TTC for about another year, but it will take me that long to lose back to my pre-pg weight (195 is the goal, lower would be better.)

I'm in!
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 05:43 PM   #10  
Proud Mom of 6

S/C/G: 290/290/160

Height: 5'2"

Hi ladies...count me in too.

I just had my 3rd baby in Jan, but need to loose some baby weight still. I am also still breasfeeding so that is not helping since it seems like I want to eat all the time, but we are talking about ttc again by Sept/Oct time frame. My hubby is 45 and so we don't want to wait to long in between babies.

Gale02 - how are you doing? Exactly how many is a "bunch" of kids? I have 3 now (2 from my 1st marriage) and now Johnathon and my hubs wants another 3 at least - I just think that 6 kids is alot. He came from a family where he has 7 brothers and sisters. Ya, his mom had 8 kids in 10 years. He would be trying again already if I would let him, lol.

niclyn - your exactly right it will happen for you. It took me almost 2 years to get pregnant with my first son and now if i just think about it then it happens, lol. I am sending lots of baby dust your way!

sept15lija - I was over 200lbs with this last baby too and I felt like I just looked "chubby" until about 7 months. It also seems like every baby I have it seems harder and harder to get the weight off. Your little man is too cute - does he have red hair?

april showers - I agree with LandonsBaby I will never go back on the pill again. It made me gain weight and just feel "big". I don't really know how else to explain it, but it did not work well with my body at all. Have you been on it before and did it work out ok for you? If so then maybe it is the right birth control for you should you decide now is not the right time to ttc for you.

Good luck to you all on your ttc and weight loss goals!!

Last edited by lovinlifex2; 04-22-2009 at 05:46 PM.
lovinlifex2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 01:15 PM   #11  

Gale02 - Congratulations on your son! I managed to gain 55lbs with my pregnancy as well - basically almost everything (except 20lbs) I had lost before I got pregnant! ARGH! I'd like a few more kids, but DH is adamant that the next one will be the last one. We'll see!

lovinlife -Nope, he has brown hair and brown eyes, just like mom and dad! Maybe the orange shirt makes it look red! Congrats on baby #3! I'd love to lose weight and look like my sister did during her pregnancy...she gained 15lbs (she is 125 regularly) and just looked like she swallowed a basketball. Oh well probably ain't gonna happen!!
Old 04-23-2009, 01:50 PM   #12  
Hug a Tree!

My cousin gained 11lbs. She just looked bloated.
Old 04-24-2009, 05:34 PM   #13  
By God's Grace

lovinlife - I'm doing great! So glad I'm finally starting to lose this baby weight. How are you feeling? How's the little one doing?

My little guy has bright red hair - it's so much fun! DH and I can't figure out where it came from since I'm naturally a dark brunette and he's a dirty blonde, but we both love it. I'll go see if I can find a picture, it's too cute (I know I'm biased, but it really is. )

I don't know how many kids we want. I've got 5 siblings and I just loved growing up with lots of people around. DH only has 1 sibling and wishes he had more. I vacillate between wanting 5 or 6 kids and not having any more at all. It depends on the day. On the easy days, "bring it on, lets have a dozen!"... but on the hard days "no way, I'm done." Hehe... I'm sure we'll have at least a couple more though. DH would like at least 3. We'll see how things go! I'm trying not to think on it too hard right now and just focus on the one we've got. I'll know when the time is right for another one.
Old 04-24-2009, 05:42 PM   #14  
By God's Grace

Here's a couple. You can see it best in the sunlight, but it's been too cold here for him to be out without a hat. You can see it at his temples a little bit in the picture with the hat on.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0347.jpg (26.3 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg say what.jpg (23.0 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by Gale02; 04-24-2009 at 05:47 PM.
Old 04-28-2009, 04:48 PM   #15  
By God's Grace

Today is a dangerous type of day for me...

Most days I think "Sure, we want more kids some day. Lets give it about a year and go from there." But, on days like today I just want to chuck it all and get pregnant again. I just want to be a baby machine, cranking them out one after another until we are done. I have so much fun with my little guy, I want 5 or 6 more just like him. I know my body isn't ready for another baby right now, and I'm pretty sure DH and I aren't either! Like I said, days like these are dangerous days... it's probably a good thing DH is working OT!