Old 04-17-2009, 04:02 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 196/196/125

Default I'm having a hard time being good.

I'm in the process of moving, and my apartment is a disaster...it's too easy to run out and get something instead of dealing with the kitchen. (Time, and mess!) I want to knock off the caffeine, as well, but I'm dependent on it right now to keep going. I feel like such a mess right now!
maverick09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 06:52 PM   #2  
Right foot, left foot ...

S/C/G: 285.4/262/170

Height: 5'11"

Run to Subway or maybe another better fast food option.

Moving is a pain. I know it's hard to keep eating well in the midst of chaos. But maybe if you pick a few fast food meals that are plan-friendly, it can help until you get more settled and then you won't have to worry about cooking.
chickiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 07:37 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 187/171/125

Height: 5'4''

I second chickiegirl's advice...Also, remember that there are some times in life that circumstances are out of our control- all you can do is try to pick the best possible option (i.e. fast food may not be ideal, but subway is a much better option than pizza!), and don't put too much pressure on yourself this week. Then, when you're all settled, just get right back on track.

This is also probably not the time to try to kick a caffeine habit...haha...I tried to do that during my first week back at law school after xmas and it was BRUTAL.

You can do it! Good luck with your move!
primaballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 11:54 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 196/196/125

Thank you, ladies! I have been snacking on string cheese and a few peanuts to keep myself satiated, trying not to gorge. I'm going to wait a few days to ween myself off of caffeine. I don't drink coffee, but I've been chugging the energy drinks to keep myself going. I'm moving home with my parents for a few months to work, with access to a treadmill, so I'm also trying to use the thought of extra exercise in a few days to ease my guilt.
maverick09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 12:23 AM   #5  
Method to the Madness

S/C/G: 381.4/in the middle/160

Height: 5'9

You could also look at the moving process as extra exercise! That could be incentive not to go out and eat something bad. Normally after I exercise the last thing I want to do is go out and eat pizza or ice cream to undo all of the good work I just did!
LindseyLouWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 11:25 PM   #6  
AKT

S/C/G: 213/207.5/160

Height: 5'8"

Get the book, eat this not that, they sell it at targets and kmarts for like $15. Leave it in your purse so that when you feel like you have to eat out, you have a guide to help you make better decisions.
AKT is offline   Reply With Quote