Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 04-16-2009, 03:34 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 140/140/120

Height: 5'3

Question Pilates or Trout Fishing....

I LOVE my pilates class... but with the weather prettier and the boyfriend out of work at a reasonable time (RARITY!!) I know have to choose.. fish with him.. or go to my hour and 1/2 pilates class.. there is not enough daylight for both...
So far this week I took a high intensity step class monday.. followed by a butts and thighs class..
Tues.. NOTHING.. my realization day that I was DIETING.. end of story
Wed.. ran almost 2miles during lunch break - walked/jogged to and from the gym after work which is maybe 1 mile counting both trips, lifted weights and did ab workouts.
Today - ran a mile and 1/2 at lunch --- TROUT FISH... or.... PILATES..
Friday.. I plan to run during lunch.. and possibly fish again

Suggestions? Wonder how much you burn fishing... I'm almost always sore after going.. LOL..
I wear big ol wadders that weight alot and finding your way through swift moving water isn't always easy...

SUGGESTIONS PLEASE!
Ernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 03:59 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 192/192/160

Height: 5'6"

it looks like you've been doing a lot of exercise this week and spending quality time outdoors with someone you love can do wonders for emotional health, which i believe helps our physical health...

i say go fishing and do some glute squeezes while you're standing in the water have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!
skinnywish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 04:21 PM   #3  
Ann Marie

S/C/G: 263 (Feb of '06)/236/170

Height: 5' 5"

trout fishing...pilates will always be there...enjoy the weather while you can I know I would.
brn2bthn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 04:44 PM   #4  

THANK YOU ANN!!
Seriously I don't want to "punish" myself by spending every waking second in the gym.. but I don't want to find myself off track again! Its not everyday your boy is ready and waiting with the poles and the weather is willing so.. I'm going for it.. THANKS
really though.. Its gotta be SOMEKIND of a work out.. wadding through all that water I'll take what I can get.
Have a great evening and best of luck to you!
Old 04-16-2009, 04:49 PM   #5  

Skinnywish! THANKS!!!
You are sooo very right.. emotional health = OVERALL HEALTH.
Being a depressed indivual in a bad relationship years ago brought me to a downward spiral quicky.. I gained a tremendous amount of weight basically because my emotional heath was non-exsistent. I'm looking to loose the few "love pounds" I've gained since being in closer quarters my hunnie now.. thankfully I met that goal of dropping the 30+ that came during the trying times.
Thanks for your words I'll be squeezing the glutes as often as I remember
and I'll run a little longer on my lunch break tomorrow!
Have a great evening!!