Weight Loss Support - Yield To Wide Load :(

View Full Version : Yield To Wide Load :(

Brown Eyed Staccie
04-16-2009, 02:57 AM
I had NO idea how big I have gotten until I took these pictures tonight. I am devasted. However - it is the final push to get me off my arse and into action.

My mini goal is to be in my target outfit for May 9th (my birthday). I bought it and it's definitely tight but it's GOING to fit. Everytime I want to snack, skip the gym I am going to look at these pictures (I have them downloaded to my blackberry too). No food, extra sleeping in and/or sitting on the couch is worth looking and feeling like I do.

sunflowergirl68
04-16-2009, 03:03 AM
Good for you! this is definitely the first step. I need to get my butt in gear too.

Brown Eyed Staccie
04-16-2009, 03:19 AM
Thanks! It seems hard to believe that I have gotten like this after losing so much a few years ago, I SWORE I would never get like this again. And I guess when you wear a good pair of SPANX and think you are covering it with clothes it maybe doesn't seem as bad. I don't even think I can sleep tonight! However, all I can do is work on it and be dedicated....but I am so embarrassed that I let myself get like this :( GRRRR. Pictures are harsh reality!

Betony
04-16-2009, 06:47 AM
I like the outfit, very nice choice. :)

ICUwishing
04-16-2009, 08:54 AM
Staccie, what a great idea! I've had my unflattering pictures on my refrigerator, but it never occurred to me to put them on my phone and keep them close! You're gonna be looking great in that outfit on your birthday!

chickiegirl
04-16-2009, 08:59 AM
I know what you mean about not realizing it. It isn't until I'm walking beside someone else and see myself in a store window that I usually can't believe that's me. That usually hits me harder than the pictures just because of the instant comparison.

I wonder why when many of us are on the slimmer side we notice every little bloat and gain but when we're heavier it can be difficult to really see how big we've gotten.

Thighs Be Gone
04-16-2009, 09:02 AM
Staccie,

Can I be the first to tell you how beautiful you are. Your skin, your eyes, your hair--wow! You are so blessed with such nice features.

Let me tell you too that a picture of myself last June was what pushed me OVER THE EDGE. It was a day I thought I looked really good. But the photos didn't lie. I was obese. I looked pasty. I looked tired and even old.

You can do this. We are all here for you at 3FC and you feel free to PM me anytime. Put this to the TIP TOP of your priority list. Let nothing/noone come between you and your exercise, sleep and nutrition.

I am glad you are here. Welcome.

harrismm
04-16-2009, 09:05 AM
I also have been shocked into reality by a photograph.I also think you are a stunning girl and the outfit is adorable.

iamacrayon
04-16-2009, 12:30 PM
First off I want to say I love the outfit!

I always find that putting a ticker or pictures somewhere I know I will see it (I put mine on my iPhone like you!) it's a constant reminder and it really helps me get moving with my weight loss, so I think you're definitely on the right track!

Let us know how it goes! :)

JulieJ08
04-16-2009, 12:53 PM
I love the outfit too! Very cute top, and I have a thing for gray trousers :)

Brown Eyed Staccie
04-16-2009, 01:26 PM
Thanks everyone for your comments. I am feeling very determined today! I woke up pretty tired from my self loathing but I am going to have a good day :)

Brown Eyed Staccie
04-17-2009, 08:15 PM
Well I'm on day two of being determined and I am feeling so awesome in comparison to last week when I felt bloated, guilty and digusting. It's so amazing (and I forgot how this feels) to make better choices for your body. I already have more self confidence, less grouchy and more appreciative of things like the beauty of the view of the mountains from my office window right now :)

This site is helping alot, I log in a few times a day - get ideas, share thoughts and experiences and it helps so much. I wish I would have found this so long ago!

I can't wait to get into my birthday outfit! It looks at me from my closet door and it makes me more determined than ever!! I have an invitation to a wedding now in June and that will be my second goal. Will be shopping for that outfit soon!!

Buttercup
04-17-2009, 10:31 PM
When I finally decided to lose the weight this time I also took pictures like yours. Needless to say...I was shocked! I knew I was fat but was thinking it wasn't that bad. It helps me 100% to have and keep that visual with me. I know it sucks to look at it but the after shots will be amazing! We will do this!!

Brown Eyed Staccie
04-18-2009, 01:00 AM
Hey Buttercup - I hear ya!!! It is the best motivation out there - even though I feel really crappy after I look at them, they are only going to get better. I have some mini goals where I am going to take the pictures again in the same 'outfit' if you want to call it that lol. May 9th (my birthday), June 11th (day before my friends wedding), July 18th (the day I go home for a visit). Those pictures plus my 'target' outfits will really push me hard. Let's keep in touch and keep each other motivated!!!

teawithsunshine
04-18-2009, 03:15 AM
That is a FAB idea! I haven't done that yet, but it's a terrific motivator!!

~ tea

Brown Eyed Staccie
04-19-2009, 07:07 PM
I am 219 on the real scale at the gym so I am pretty happy about that! A long way to go but you have to start somewhere!!

I am aiming for 208 for May 9th - that is my birthday - so along with my fitting into my target outfit and having an awesome night out, I am also going to get my measurements done, take new pictures and get a few sessions with a trainer as my reward. The way I figure it, with the money that I am saving by eating properly I can spend on rewarding myself!!!

The picture goes with me everywhere - and I look at it often. I can't wait to have something to compare to for even more motivation!!!

EZMONEY
04-19-2009, 08:36 PM
Good luck STACIE! You can do this! We are all here to help!

Savora
04-19-2009, 09:38 PM
i'm in the boat as you i also lost 60 lbs about 11 years ago, then gained it back in the last 3.... so here we go again, you would think i would have learned from the first time but no, i let myself go again..... it's a yucky feeling, but eating better and exercising has made me feel much better about myself, as i assume it is doing for you too.... what method are u using to lose weight? calorie counting? a certain diet? i wish you the best of luck and that top you have picked out for your birthday is adorable :)

Brown Eyed Staccie
04-19-2009, 10:53 PM
A little over a year ago - I got from 250 to 193 - I am 193 in this picture - Dec 2007 - I wanted to show what 193 can look like - I had a ton of muscle from weight lifting and no one believed me I weighed this - and I remember looking at this very proudly but also wanting to get lower (this was my fat picture OMG)

Now I'm motivated by my own picture!! And I can't wait.

The next photo is me right now at 221 - with no muscle but I am going to kick that first pictures butt all over!!:dizzy:

Brown Eyed Staccie
04-20-2009, 12:30 AM
Thanks Savora! This site and people like you bring me much motivation. I tried WW briefly but I didn't like it - it wasn't for me. When I lost all that weight before I worked with a trainer and nutritionist. The plan is meant for body builders. I found that it worked really well for me. Right now I am at 1700 calories - 1000 protein and 700 carbs. My carbs are in the form of starchy carbs (brown rice, potaotes) and veggies. A bit of fruit and limit of bread - no pasta or anything 'white'. Protein I get from chicken, fish, cottage cheese, nuts and seeds. I also drink protein shakes and I love them because when you blend them with skim or soy milk and ice cubes it's like having a milk shake. I guess I'm not really trying to diet - just find a way that I can change my lifestyle. I also eliminated diet pop from my diet. I found that this always increased my cravings. Since it's been gone, my skin is better and I feel less bloated! Let's keep in touch and help each other get back to where we were and then even better than that!!!

Brown Eyed Staccie
04-27-2009, 03:18 AM
Checking in with myself again...I just got done a conference where food and drinks were plentiful and I engaged in them a lot more than I should have. I feel rather gross today...after eating clean and working out for a few weeks, my body is quite angry at me. Thankfully, I have nothing like that coming up for awhile.

I have 13 days until my birthday...I tried on my pants and they are pretty tight still...but I'm going to try really hard to get into them! I have noticed some weight loss already in my tummy and face...so I am hoping with a bit more dedication I will see more and soon.

Brown Eyed Staccie
05-04-2009, 10:38 PM
Well I'm still yielding!! But I feel much more determined now. I have to face the fact that I won't fit into my target outfit for my birthday :( So I have a new goal....my friend's wedding is on June 11th and I am going to wear a dress, so I have lots of work to do and that means staying away from :corn:

Determined....wanting it really bad!

anniemalish
05-04-2009, 11:08 PM
thanks for being my inspiration today. when i woke up this morning i hopped on my facebook account to check out some pictures from my best friend's bridal shower.... OH LORDY. there was this ginormous chick in a blue shirt at the table... a total rear end picture. OH WAIT. that was me. eeewwwwww! i almost threw up. right next to me in the picture was another friend whom i THOUGHT was about the same size as me.... not quite. more like HALF the size (not that i need to compare myself... but it was hard not to). its hard to know what you look like until you see pictures, ya know? either i imagine myself waaay bigger or i convince myself that i'm much smaller. the reality hurts. BUT after i saw the picture i got my butt up and went for a half hour power walk. :) and now, after hearing that you had (sort of) the same experience with a picture, i feel a little better knowing i'm not alone on this type of shocker!!!!! hang in there... i'm right there with you!!!!:hug:

trooworld
05-04-2009, 11:54 PM
Staccie, I love your attitude. It's the attitude that I want! I like how you know you aren't going to make your goal but you aren't going to let it defeat you, you just readjusted your goal. With that attitude, I know you are going to get to your goal. As anniemalish said, you are inspirational!

munchievictim
05-05-2009, 12:00 AM
I took pictures when i first started this and I couldn't believe it. I'd just been eating myself sick for weeks in a row and my stomach was out to there and my butt too and I just wanted to throw up and die.
I can't say I'm much better today, but that's just because I fell off the wagon a couple of weeks ago and got dragged along for a little while before I climbed back on. But I'm on my way down again. Good luck to us all. :)

munchievictim
05-05-2009, 12:01 AM
plus you're gorgeous anyway so don't be discouraged

Brown Eyed Staccie
05-05-2009, 12:01 AM
Annie - sorry I am just seeing your post now. It worked for a bit...although I need constant reminders! Normally on facebook I post only head shots...lol. Well after last weekend at a conference, I posted the more than head shots. I thought it's silly that people don't know I am fat when I only post a head pic. I am hopefully going to try really hard to remember how I felt when I took that picture and let it guide me into making good decisions. It's on my phone, at my computer at work and in my room. I don't care who sees it!

Let me know how it goes!

Brown Eyed Staccie
05-05-2009, 12:09 AM
Munchievictim....love your name btw! Thanks for your comments...I so love this site! I let it all 'hang out' for my pictures too, no sense sucking it in - I can't do that all day long. Well SPANX helps a bit. But really, I hate wearing them...they feel fine and everything but I would just like to wear a pair of dress pants like normal. But they do cover the lumps and bumps!! When I fell off the wagon a week ago after a conference and then again after this weekend I felt really defeated. But I know what triggers this. And I think that is half the battle. I work in a very social environment and for some odd reason have a social calendar that I have not had in years. Although this is better than staying home and curl up in bed with a bag of chips and an 80's movie, it also links to other problems...drinking wine, beer, snacking on food, maybe getting hungover and wanting a trip to McDonalds or Pancake house. For two weekends this has happened, so I work hard all week and completely throw it away on the weekend and sometimes those weekends go on for weeks! So I know that I can't even have one until I can learn to control myself better. I know the teasing and looks I will get when I say, oh I will have water for my three social events this week - the worst kind - another conference, stagette and my birthday....I CAN DO IT :cheer: I will just bring my fatso picture up on my blackberry and if that doesn't do it, well then nothing will!

About my next goal for my friends wedding which is a little over a month away, I know I won't look super skinny, but at least more toned. I took a very part time job at the Bay here so I could be motivated by clothes and pretty figures. And then buy them...lol.

Munchie...munch on some good old carrots :) I know, easier said than done.
You ladies rock!!!!

Brown Eyed Staccie
05-09-2009, 03:37 AM
Ummm...well I still have not got on the wagon...my body feels just horrible. Tomorrow is my birthday and although it's really just another day, it's going to be my day to MAKE this change and DO IT. I am so tired of feeling like this. Tonight was a good friend's stagette, I felt so bloated and tired when I was getting ready and so unattractive around all my fit friends. My confidence has taken a HUGE BEATING. I'm so tired of feeling like this :sad:

I have to just realize that I can't allow myself to eat or drink things that trigger my trips off the wagon. ANY, AT ALL. When I learn to control and balance this, then I can incorporate it back into my life if I feel I need to.

It takes 21 days to change a habit - maybe that is bullpoop but it's my 21 days - so starting today (May 9th) until May 30th - I stay away from all my trigger things. These include: ANY SODA's - diet or regular, anything with chocolate on it, anything that is crispy with salt on it, NO alcohol of any kind, CUPCAKES and POPCORN. 21 days...21 days...And after the 21 days I won't treat myself with food, but perhaps a nice weekend trip :) My guess and experience tells me after 21 days I won't event want those things!

I can do it...I can do it...

kitchencurtains3
05-09-2009, 05:00 AM
I hope you had a happy birthday! :) You are a lovely woman. I like your idea of keeping a before pic on your phone. I have a pic on my phone that I was going to delete b/c I look fat, but now I will keep it. Thanks for the idea.

Tomato
05-09-2009, 08:19 AM
Staccie,

I love your target outfit (and your sense of humour as well).

My best wishes of a Happy Birthday to you!!!:hb::woo::gift::bday2you:

EZMONEY
05-09-2009, 09:50 AM
Have a great trip in 21 days Staccie...and HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Jacqui_D
05-09-2009, 11:26 AM
Happy Birthday Staccie!! :bday2: Giving yourself a future of good health and high self-esteem by making yourself a priority is the best present of all!!! :gift: Good for you!! Have a great day!! :celebrate:

greeneggsandtam
05-09-2009, 11:36 AM
Happy Birthday Staccie! I hope you have a great day. YOu have a wonderful attitude and nothing can stop you!

georgiad
05-09-2009, 03:58 PM
I take photos like these every month, and it flat out stops me from eating rubbish. We're similar in size and stats, so best of luck!

Buttercup
05-11-2009, 12:03 AM
:bday2you:I hope you had a wonderful birthday! Keep your head up girl! You can do this! I love your determination and that you share your battles with us. Stay motivated and don't beat yourself up!

Brown Eyed Staccie
05-11-2009, 12:48 AM
Thanks so much everyone! I am FINALLY back on the wagon. I woke up today with a sense of determination that I haven't had in a long time. I love how my brain just turned on! :woohoo:

I had an excellent day. Ate wonderful, had an excellent workout and went and tried on dresses - it just motivated me because I tried on this one outfit that made me realize what a great body I am going to have! :drool: I actually saw myself in a size 12 instead of a 16. And I am glad that I am not seeing myself in size 4 because I am NEVER going to get there. My booty will not go much beyond a 10. And I am ok with that because I want a big but incredibly toned and muscular butt. It was the first thing I really loved when I lost all the weight before. I make Jessica Biel look like Kate Hudson lol.

I am writing on my blog a lot - you can link to it from the lefthand side. I used to write in a journal but I am hoping that by writing in here where I know I am sharing with others that it may help motivate someone one day and/or it makes me feel much more accountable. It lists my long term and short term goals and weekly gym and food intake :) I was really lucky during my last weight

I have one month to the wedding...I have decided that I'm not ready for a dress yet, but I am going to buy a really cute top and a pair of Christian Loubotons...I've always wanted a pair and since that will be my first goal - I think I deserve it! :yay:

Also, I found 2 pictures of me where I was about 190 I think when I lost a bunch of weight the first time and I had a ton of muscle. I look at it and think, wow I looked great. I remember then thinking how fat I still was. It sure provides perspective! I am going to use pictures of myself to motivate me (not just the one that I took on April 15th in less than superb form) - by knowing I got there once, it helps motivate me. I am going to take pictures every month.

I am really loving today and this site. I DO NOT like to talk about weight stuff with my friends and work people so this helps a lot!