Weight Loss Support - I wasnt expecting that number...

View Full Version : I wasnt expecting that number...

hcred123
04-16-2009, 12:25 AM
I havent weight myself in about a year and I just recently got a new scale because I want to start losing weight so I thought I should know my starting point. I got on the scale and the number was so much higher than anything I was expecting. I didnt at all feel like I had gained that much weight! Now I am really motivated to keep on track this time...I have a feeling its going to be different. my main question is how often should I weight myself? once a day? once a week? a few times a day once a week and take the average? what do you do?

peccavi
04-16-2009, 12:39 AM
I do once a day (in the morning, before I eat/drink anything, and after using the bathroom if possible) and just make note of the fluctuations. If you can't handle your weight staying the same or going up one day, I would go with once a week.

skinnychic
04-16-2009, 12:49 AM
I am also just starting.. I could not believe my starting weight. I am trying to stay focused and motivated this time!

harrismm
04-16-2009, 01:10 AM
I think a lot of us have been shocked to see what we really weigh at times.You are not alone.

teawithsunshine
04-16-2009, 01:43 AM
I weigh myself once a week. Daily fluctuations drive me crazy, so once a week works better for me.

Now that you got your starting point confirmed, it's time to start working towards your weight loss goals!

You can do it! :)

~ tea

kaplods
04-16-2009, 02:41 AM
Once a day works very well for me, but you do have to be a person who doesn't get hung up on the number. If you can't accept random fluctuations, once a week way work better.

Bumbleberry
04-16-2009, 05:19 AM
Once a week works best for me.

Brown Eyed Staccie
04-16-2009, 05:28 AM
I find that I can get really demotivated by the scale and flucuations...especially when you first start out and lose water weight, salt, etc. I try twice a week - but previously I was very successful also trying on clothes to see how they fit. Often, the scale would not budge too much, but I could tell that I lost inches by the way my clothes fit. And I do not go near the scale around my peroid - lol.

I hear you about can't believe the number, in my case I took pictures tonight and I am still shocked and can't sleep :(

Tommy Europe
04-16-2009, 05:48 AM
"When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on. "

Brown Eyed Staccie
04-16-2009, 05:52 AM
Oh my - I have that quote on my facebook!!! It's one of my favorites!