UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 04-15-2009, 05:14 AM   #1  

Height: 5,5

Default Can’t keep of the chocolate!

Over the last few months I have put on a lot of weight and I tried every diet out there to try losing the lbs. The problem when I was dieting was every time I went to do the weekly shopping at Asda and Tesco's. I would always end up in the bakery or chocolate section and temptation would always be to much.

I’ve been on a fresh home delivery diet now for a week and lost 5lbs, I am feeling a lot more confident about this diet, I don't have to go into the supermarket anymore so I will succeed

Does anyone else struggle with this? and how did you solve it?

Next weigh in Friday, will tell you the results

Last edited by pradaornada; 04-15-2009 at 07:19 AM.
pradaornada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 07:27 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 201.8/155.2/158

Height: 5 7

Hi,

Congratualations on the 5lbs. I too am a chocoholic, I am on weight watchers and what I have found works for me is every night after dinner I have a fudge Pop even if I do not want it or crave it. I find by doing this I get a daily dose the cravings are so much less. I think once i realized I could have it the need to have it went away. You should look into what chocolate options your diet plan offers and incorporate it on a daily basis.
cdawnfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 10:54 AM   #3  
Persevere! You can!

S/C/G: 234/178/134

Height: 5'5"

Get Skinny Cow ice creams or the Weight Watchers desserts. Chocolately goodness with damage control!

I find the weekly shop as the most empowering moment in my week! It's the ultimate time to make the difference in your week. AVOID the aisles with the chocolate and crisps and spend a good amount of time in the fruit & veg aisles. And if you're really struggling, write yourself a list.
georgiad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 04:18 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 140/126/112

Height: 4ft 10

oh goodness i'm the same with chocolate and my evil boyfriend gave me his easter egg cause he don't want it. HELLO???????
nippy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 05:39 AM   #5  

Chocolate is soooo my weak point too when I go shopping! It wouldn't be too bad if it was just at the supermarket but I even get sucked in when I go clothes shopping somehow! What's the home delivery diet you mentioned? I'm trying one too at the moment and it might be the same one?!x
Lizzyliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 04:17 AM   #6  

Height: 5,5

I hear you there Lizzy chocolate has always been my downfall but I am doing well and keeping off it I am on the Bodychef Premier Plan how about yourself?
pradaornada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 05:04 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 294/230/168

Height: 5"6

Another chocaholic here!

i gave up chocolate for Lent but since Easter Sunday I have fallen into a big dark pit of Easter egg yummyness and it has to STOP!!!! HELP!!!! I am eating the stuff like there is no tomorrow and then I feel awful.

Ban Easter eggs

My other temptation is the hot chicken counter in Tesco - I just can't resist the smell. I think I am going to have to start doing my food shopping online! Great idea about taking a list to the supermarket Georgia - I do that - but sometimes those wonderful smells make me add a few extras to the trolley!
MissVitality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 08:53 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 254/234/150

Height: 5'4

I'm a chocoholic, and the only way I have got over this problem is to stop eating all chocolate. The only chocolate I will allow is the Mint-Choc Skinny Cows, and I like them for the mint flavour, not the chocolate.

Everything else is an absolute no-no, no biscuits, chocolate bars, cookies etc. Chocolate and sweet stuff is an addiction for me, so I have cut it out completely, as I'm unable to find a happy balanced approach.
Snappymuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 03:18 PM   #9  
Baker's Daughter

S/C/G: 179/142/136

Height: 5' 4"

Cool

Have you tried Slimfast Chocolate and Caramel bars?? Very yummy and 99 calories. Or cereal bars with chocolate or chocolate chips??

My downfall is cornflake cakes with two mini eggs percehed on top. I recently ate six in one sitting!
MoonGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 08:08 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 234/222/170

Height: 5,9"

I too am a complete chocoholic they only way I get through is I weigh in on a Saturday morning and head straight for Tesco. That way have just had breakfast if I have lost I also allow a choccy treat so can scan the aisles looking for something nice. Always have my treat on a Saturday evening curled up on the sofa, its make the weekend! How sad does that sound :-)
Tracey T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 04:36 AM   #11  

Saturday sofa night is my favourite time of the week too! Nothing better than a hot choc and a cheesy film

Going back to the slimfast bars with only 99 cals, isn't 99 cals stil a lot tho? I have a bit of an obsession with rocky bars and they 'only' contain 100 cals. So (and this is my simple practical mind working) is it then ok to eat rocky bars regularly if it's ok to eat slimfast bars?! Or is that too logical? hehe
pattsygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 05:12 AM   #12  
Baker's Daughter

S/C/G: 179/142/136

Height: 5' 4"

I had a dream last night that chocolate muffins were only 15 calories!
MoonGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 09:19 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 11st/-/9st

i cant seem to have chocolate in moderation at all, its my kryptonite I try not to eat it at all, if i can go about 3-4 days without any, i find my cravings go away. But i live on my own so theres no chocolate about unless i buy it which makes things much easier.
Umberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 10:23 AM   #14  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

There are two theories:
1. Don't deprive yourself because it won't work in the long run. So find low-cal/low-fat substitutes.
2. Go cold turkey, because you will creep back to your old habits.
Those are your options in a nutshell.
At the end of the day, you need to try both to see what works for you. I wish I could tell you more, but I can't!
let us know how you make out!
Kira
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 02:46 PM   #15  
ann
ann

S/C/G: starting weight 210lbs

Height: 5 ft 2ins

ANOTHER CHOCOHOLIC CHECKING IN
chocolate is my real weakness, i can't do the low fat or just a little bit thing its all or nothing here . have you seen finding Nemo? the scene were Bruce the shark gets a whiff of Dories blood, well thats my relationship with chocolate major intervention is required i have had to ban tins of sweets at christmas becos i'm so weak so if you can handle small doses or lowfat bars i really envy you
ann is offline   Reply With Quote