General chatter - What do you do when you feel like giving up?

jademarlene
04-14-2009, 10:49 PM
Ugh!!!!!!! I know it is one small step at a time but this week I have felt like all I am doing is walking in one place and once in awhile taking a step back, no forward motion at all. I look at what everyone else is doing and I get discouraged, yes I know we shouldn't put ourselves up against others as we are all different but when I do I feel like a failure. I guess I just needed to vent. Thanks for listening.

shrinkingleah
04-15-2009, 12:59 AM
You have lost 22 pounds and you don't think you're making progress?! That is awesome and do you really think that you weren't making a good effort when you got rid of 22 POUNDS! Heck, I'm proud of you.

I'm in a bit of a rut, being plateaued for three weeks, so I do understand feeling like "Is this even worth it? I should eat a whole pizza." but when I think about it for a whole minute, I remember how much better I feel now then just a few months ago.

Don't stop thinking about tomorrow, It'll soon be here. ;-)

prinny
04-15-2009, 01:30 AM
I go to bed early and hope I feel better in the morning.

Rosinante
04-15-2009, 02:35 AM
If it's a craving, I go for a bath or go for a walk.

If it's a bit more of a long term sigh, I make lists of targetlets, teeny targets that I've reached or Could reach in one or two more pounds. If you adopt UK weights (14lbs = 1 stone, the pounds are the same pounds, not like pints that are different uk/us).
So I mark: losing 10% of bodyweight, losing a stone, getting to the next stone level (just made 14stone dead yesterday), moving from morbid- to super- to obese, to overweight, to normal. It makes tiny steps and lots of achievement.

Finally, and this is going to sound really cheesy, I do come online: I log my food and exercise in sparkpeople.com, and read all the stories here. It helps to feel part of a process, it helps to read people I've done better than, sorry but it's true sometimes, it certainly helps to read people whov'e done far, far better.

After all that, I'm too tired to eat!