Old 04-14-2009, 07:51 PM   #1  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

Default What did you used to eat regularly before you found out their WW points?

OK, so what did y'all eat freely and easily before WW, but were horrified by the points value of that food once you joined?
Some shocking values:
Any DQ Blizzard (16-30 points per, depending on what you have)
Lindor White Chocolate Bombs (2 points each!!! And I used to eat a whole bag! 24 points! Before LUNCH!!!!)
Cinnamon toast (All the butter! All the sugar!!! All the white bread!!!)
I used to eat these things ALL. THE. TIME.
No WONDER I was big...
Kira
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 08:14 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 219/212/129

Height: 5"8

Those white truffles used to be my favorite too...luckily I got sick of them!
LukesMommy1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 08:14 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 187/171/125

Height: 5'4''

The thing I miss the most is thai food....although I have had it once since starting WW! I just used to eat a LOT more....spring rolls....pad thai.....coconut rice.....YUM.

I can't believe how much blizzards are!!! Crazy....

I also love lindor chocolates. Luckily I'm away from home, so I didn't receive any easter chocolate this year. I might not have been able to resist!
primaballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 08:22 PM   #4  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

I got a whole bag of Lindor White Chocolate Truffle bombs from my sabotaging SIL (God love her...) for Easter. I put them in the cupboard, because it was a GIFT and one SHOULDN'T WASTE FOOD...my husband doesn't like white chocolate, so I don't know what I was saving them for. And they sat there calling my name all evening. So I did the only thing that I could do -- I tossed them down the garburator and mashed them away...
Close call, though...
Kira
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 10:23 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 180/see ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by primaballerina View Post
The thing I miss the most is thai food....although I have had it once since starting WW! I just used to eat a LOT more....spring rolls....pad thai.....coconut rice.....YUM.
um...how many calories does a typical serving of pad thai have?
Scorpio1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 10:46 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 202/160/135

Height: 5 ft 6 in

packaged soups like ramen noodles, ichiban, etc.

anything from mcdonald's

cookies from Starbucks (in fact, any pastry from starbucks)

regular milk lattes

cans of coke!
choirgirlhotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 02:46 AM   #7  

One cup of pad thai is 9 points...not sure about the calories....

I've come up with my own WW version which is only about 7 points for 1.5-2 cups, but sadly it's not quite as good as the thai place down the road...

Choirgirl, I miss starbucks ginger molasses cookies..SO good... I remember I used to eat a starbucks scone almost every morning at work last summer... I can't imagine how many points I was consuming!!
Old 04-15-2009, 09:55 AM   #8  

S/C/G: PSW165.6/157/115

Height: 5'1

My usual dinner, what a bomb! At least

White rice (without measuring it)
Any type of meat (a lot!)
Beans with potatoes or pumpkin and ham (ouch!)
And...Fried green plantains

Later dessert...No wonder why I doubled my size.

I don't dare to count the points and calories...I know is a lot.
Renacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:59 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 285/275.4/125

I used to have the Cup of Noodles shrimp flavor. Every morning. Realizing they were 6 points each (yes, sometimes I'd have more than one!) was what got me going back to meetings again.

I've had one since going back on program, and I decided it just wasn't WORTH 6 points.
ladynredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 10:02 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 285/275.4/125

Default Primaballerina: Recipe Please!

Could you share your "lighter" version of Pad Thai? It's one of my favorite dishes and I can't get it here in my little town.
ladynredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 02:03 PM   #11  

Most certainly! I sometimes vary it up depending on what I have...

This makes between 2-3 servings....just be sure to check the points on your noodles, because I find that they vary a lot...

- Cook 1/2 a package of wide rice noodles (the kind I use are about 5 points per serving, which works out to a bit over 1.5 cups...I don't eat a full 1.5 cups of noodle, though, so I count it as 4 when calculating the final points value of the recipe)

While the noodles are cooking...

- In a non-stick frying pan, cook 1 diced chicken breast (4 points) OR 1 cup of cubed tofu (3 points) OR 1 c shrimp (2 points). You can use 0 point cooking spray, a few Tbsps of chicken/vegetable broth, or 1 tsp of oil if you have the points. I usually use broth because it helps the veggies cook faster.

- Add 1 sliced red pepper and 1 cup snow peas- cook until tender.

- Add approx 3 cups of beansprouts- cook for approx 1 min, mixing constantly.

-Drain noodles and rinse under hot water to get rid of excess starch. Add to pan with protein and veggies.

- Pour sauce over top and mix

Sauce:
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce (0)
- 2 Tbsp natural chunky peanut butter (4)
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 c. ketchup (1) - i know this sounds weird, but a lot of restaurants do this!
- fish sauce to taste (if you like it)
- For the Canadians, I sometimes use the LIGHT President's Choice Memories of Szechwan peanut sauce (1 point for 2 Tbsp)

Cook for a few mins to let the sauce absorb; Garnish with lime wedges and fresh cilantro.

So, for approx 1.5 cups it works out to:
4 for the noodles
2 for the protein (using chicken)
2 for the sauce

8 points

I hope I've remembered everything...I usually just do it from memory as I'm going along
Old 04-15-2009, 02:16 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 202/160/135

Height: 5 ft 6 in

Quote:
Originally Posted by primaballerina View Post
One cup of pad thai is 9 points...not sure about the calories....

I've come up with my own WW version which is only about 7 points for 1.5-2 cups, but sadly it's not quite as good as the thai place down the road...

Choirgirl, I miss starbucks ginger molasses cookies..SO good... I remember I used to eat a starbucks scone almost every morning at work last summer... I can't imagine how many points I was consuming!!
I know!! I used to eat - get ready for this - a chocolate chip cookie from Starbucks and a venti REGULAR milk latte. Every morning.

This is before the first time I joined WW. In the afternoon I would go home and have a package of ichiban soup with broccoli. That alone is my points for the whole day,not counting what I ate for the rest of the day!! I just had no idea....that's why I love WW, even though I don't "officially" do it now, I'll always be counting/measuring the rest of my life knowing what I know now (which is a good thing!)

Hey, thanks so much for sharing your recipe!!!!

~Choirgirl~

Last edited by choirgirlhotel; 04-15-2009 at 02:16 PM.
choirgirlhotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 04:21 PM   #13  
Mom2ThreeCuties!

S/C/G: 260/252/140

Height: 5'5

I haven't given up anything that I eat or drink regularly yet - but I did take my kids to the bread outlet store yesterday (post-workout and no snack, BIG mistake... but I was good!) and I checked out the labels of some things I used to eat - not often, but a few times a year - there was a chocolate honey bun which had 600 calories! In one bun! And obviously you'd need a huge glass of milk with that... and a by-pass operation.
HoosierHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 12:40 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiramira View Post
OK, so what did y'all eat freely and easily before WW, but were horrified by the points value of that food once you joined?
EV-ER-RY-THING! Seriously, and a lot of it.

Skittles and sprite from the veding machines at work.

Beer. Mmm. Light beer excluded.

Starbucks: Grande Caramel Frap with extra caramel and with whip. Delish.

Movie theatre candy and a regular 32 oz soda.

Did I mention Starbucks?
ImagineOctober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 02:00 AM   #15  

My pleasure!

I actually made a variation on that recipe tonight and it was delicious

Oh, another thing I forgot to mention....Quiznos!! This was a big shocker for me....I didn't really eat it a lot, but during my first week of WW I was out for the day and was planning to eat at subway, but as it turned out there wasn't one where I was....so I got Quiznos instead. BIG MISTAKE!! I got a sub with caesar sauce since I had the points, and I figured I'd just count whatever regular salad dressing was...When I looked up the points value online, I found out that the sauce was 18 points per serving!! 52 grams of fat per serving!! I freaked...I think what I had wasn't quite a whole serving but wowza...I won't be eating there again any time soon. All of their subs are insanely high in calories and their nutritional info is extremely hard to come by (for a reason!)....I sure do miss that turkey bacon guacamole sub, though...