Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-14-2009, 03:39 PM   #1  
rainy

Default Sticking to the plan when on holiday!

The thing is I love my diet, I like eating as I am doing, I get 'cheats' every 15 days but I usually end up not even liking what I am eating as a cheat and thinking I could really do without. So essentially I have NO reason to step out of my plan and I also do not want to!

But I want a holiday, and...if I go to a hotel there'll always be pasta or bread around, or breaded things (and I don't eat grains). Since in full board they always serve a dish of pasta and a dish of meat I tried getting the meat only, but it's very little and to eat enough you really need to have that grains too.

I can rent a flat...but I'm alone and they don't rent unless you are at least in 2, while I don't have anyone coming with me.

Not sure how I can sort this, how can you stick to your plan on holiday? Is there any trick?
Old 04-14-2009, 05:03 PM   #2  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

It can be done! I've been on several vacations since beginning my healthy diet and I managed to keep going. I'll tell you the secret...PLAN! Just because you are staying at a hotel, doesn't mean you have to eat at the hotel. I'm not sure where you live or where you are going, but here in the states we have grocery stores on every corner. I always take a cooler with fresh fruit and yogurt and sandwiches to eat in a crunch. I also plan so that I can eat a nice meal at least once a day at a nice restaurant with my family. With your diet of meat, nuts and fruit & veggies, it seems that it would be very easy to pack a bag with nuts an a few cans of tuna...then a small cooler for fresh fruits and veggies for emergancy situations when you can't find "plan" food.

I think when you are really ready to lose weight you can be thrown into the middle of the worlds largest buffet and stay on "plan". Good luck!
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 06:11 PM   #3  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Also, you can state you have special nutritional needs, I usually use the word allergic, even if I am not allergic to the food, because then i get what I want with no added costs.
I like buffet eating because it is easy to pick and choose according to my plan.
The big key is to stop thinking about "getting my money's worth" and think about eating to plan.....
good luck, what kind of holiday do you plan?
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote