UK Fat Chicks - overhanging stomach, anyone?

View Full Version : overhanging stomach, anyone?

nippy29
04-14-2009, 09:51 AM
i was just wondering if there are any of you with over hanging stomachs?
i got mine as a result of my first pregnancy. i know if i lose weight it wont stop over hanging but i dont care about that, so long as it doesnt hang over as much.
whats weird is one side hangs lower than the other! i have a lop sided stomach! or maybe i stand ar an angle and dont realise it....

on a lighter note i weighed myself this morning and have lost 2lbs this last week- whoo!
24lbs to go!

losermom
04-14-2009, 09:56 AM
I too have an overhanging stomach/apron stomach. And like you it is lopsided as well. I think that one side has more fat than the other that just has more empty skin. Mine is due to having children. But the fat filled it up and made it more tolerable to look at. As I have lost weight, it has deflated and looks worse. Although no one will ever see it, I can feel muscles underneath.

WormwoodDoll
04-14-2009, 09:58 AM
I have a hang-over stomach/pouch/flap. But I was never pregnant. :( I hate it. Haha. I hope it will disappear one day. My one side ALSO hangs lower then the other.

hotcubanmama
04-14-2009, 10:04 AM
I've had one since my first pregnancy when I was in shape and wasn't big. It was almost entirely skin--I know it's gross but I was able to pull on it away from my body. Now that I am much heavier since the 2nd child, the pooch is heavy, but still has too much skin. I hear the only way to get rid of it is a tummy tuck.

nippy29
04-14-2009, 10:06 AM
glad hear the lopsided thing isnt just me :D lol
i wish i could have a tummy tuckbut im not medically allowed to have one... so im gunna save up my money to fix my boobs instead lol

WormwoodDoll
04-14-2009, 10:08 AM
I kind've like being small chested. What I don't like is my left breast is smaller than the other and totally noticable. My body sucks. Hahaha.

nippy29
04-14-2009, 10:14 AM
i dont want mine bigger, just lifted. Im a 40c... so really dont want them any bigger but once ive lost this weight they're bound to look bloody awful! they'll be the 8th wonder of the world... the hanging boobies of boobylon!

losermom
04-14-2009, 10:23 AM
I dream of having a front end lift--as in a tummy tuck and breast lift/reduction. I'm a D and would love to be a C. Sadly, the girls are pretty saggy now...

nippy29
04-14-2009, 10:42 AM
i was wearing the wrong bra size, I thought was a 38D.... but the cup is bigger in the 40c and than the 38D!!! i don't understand bra's!!!

erricah
04-14-2009, 11:24 AM
I still have a over hanging stomach and my children are 17 and 9 years old. I notice that when I gain weight; I gain in first in my stomach area and my pouch (I had two c-sections) become increases in inches. There is a abdominal exercises for women who have had a c-section but I feel it could also help for over hanging stomachs.

nippy29
04-14-2009, 03:35 PM
i didnt hace c-sections and in my last pregnancy, at one of my scans the scanner technician assumed id had a previous c-cetion and when i said i hadnt he just drop jaw-ed and said "oh"
i think he felt a bit embarressed. and so he should!

aangel22
04-14-2009, 10:37 PM
I've had the dreaded hanging pouch thing since my first pregnancy. :( I will never have a flat lovely stomach or nice perky breasts because of it. I'm only 24 and gravity has completely taken over my body already. I would love to get some lifts and tucks some day!! Only in my dreams... *sigh*

KforKitty
04-15-2009, 05:42 AM
My advice is to get some good underwear. I always wear light control knickers (sloggi or M&S do good ones) which keeps the overhang in place and smooths it out. I don't think its possible to lose it without surgery. My pelvis is now really visible put still the pouch is there.

Kitty

iamacrayon
04-16-2009, 01:15 PM
I've never been pregnant and have an overhanging stomach, I think it's probably from being fat from a young age or something, I have other friends who are UK size 18-20 and don't have have one at all, just a cute tummy that doesn't hang, I would give ANYTHING to have a stomach like that!

I eventually want to get to my goal weight and maintain for a couple of years and see what the situation is, I'm hoping for some tightening because I'm still young (21) and if not I have no problem with getting a tummy tuck, I also want a boob job but that is another thing haha!

Ally
04-18-2009, 10:56 AM
I have the overhanging tummy too and I hate it. I adopted so I haven't been pregnant either, but I think mine's from having an emergency appendix operation when I was at my biggest. It's slowly getting smaller though! :)

Mummy_Tummy
04-19-2009, 06:16 AM
The overhanging stomach is why I have the user name I do! It's disgusting. Thing is, I have tiny little hips, bum and thighs and big boobs but the majority of my weight is carried right in my tummy. Bleh. I'm dreaming of a tummy tuck and a breast reduction myself. Some day!

Jacquie668
04-19-2009, 10:21 AM
While I'm not in the UK, I do have a stomach that hangs. I hate it...I sort of look like a marshmallow pear like creature. Literally.

The only way to get rid of it is surgery, but I started at 340+ pounds and from what I hear from people, my stomach used to hang a lot more. So, weight loss does help obviously.

However, at some point surgery is the only option to get rid of it. Someday in the way distant future!

lucky8
04-19-2009, 10:40 AM
i have to the pouch that kind hangs and me like woodwormdoll have not had children yet. Im hoping i can get rid of it one day. According to my boyfriend who is a fitness instructor it can be done............bt well just see ........time will tell .

TamiL
04-19-2009, 12:34 PM
All I want for Christmas is liposuction!!!! Suck that tummy along with those love handles away! I can dream. I have never had this problem before in previous weight loss attempts. It is so depressing. Here I sit in my size 7 jeans and I look horrible because of the overhang. Maybe another 20 pounds and it will diminish.

abbe89
04-19-2009, 01:48 PM
I have noticed mine has shrunk as ive lost weight, well it hasnt really shrunk, its just kinda lifted and gone in a bit, its odd.....but good :D haha

Tracey T
04-21-2009, 08:28 AM
Gotta love the skin apron ..... NOT.

Anyone tried Slendertone belt? I hear its very good and being of a wimp thought would try that before giving in to surgery

grneyedmustang
04-21-2009, 08:32 AM
I have tummy overhang too, and I don't have children :( . I'm really hoping that once I get to goal it's (almost) gone...

misspiggy408
04-21-2009, 12:01 PM
Me too :( I always say mine looks like Curtains! LOL Yuck

xxcari37xx
04-21-2009, 01:43 PM
Yep got one of them too, and its lop sided, why is that?

If I could slice it off i would look great. the rest of me looks not bad for someone who weights 16.12 height helps I guess! No one would believe I am that heavy.;)

jessx22
04-21-2009, 11:50 PM
I have no babies and the lopsided tummy overhang. I sometimes call if my "butt tummy" because if I push the sides of my belly together towards my bellybutton it makes my pooch look just like a butt (a lopsided butt, at that)! Silly, I know, and it sucks! I also have big boobies that I wish were smaller. My Bra size right now is a 40DD. I want everything to shrink!

Rainbow
04-28-2009, 12:29 PM
Yes - and I don't think there's much hope of it going after a I had 3 c-sections. I'm hoping there will be a big improvement as I lose weight though.

georgiad
05-10-2009, 10:10 AM
I have a stomach flap, and I bloody hate it! It only emerged when I put on the last stone of my weight, so I'm hoping that it'll go away as quickly as it emerged. If when I get to my goal weight it's not gone, I might get surgery on it, because I really really hate it.

Stella
06-06-2009, 08:04 AM
I have a very large belly. That`s where all my fat seems to accumulate - in my belly. Hate it. It does not hang but rather looks like I was a few months pregnant.

I crave a flat tummy, but fact is - if I ever manage to lose the weight I`d expect a pouch which I would not enjoy, either. If I had a tummy tuck, I`d expect a long cut which I would not enjoy either.

Seems like I am doomed as I see no way of me ever getting the tummy I want. It`s too large for the empty skin to spring back into place if I ever managed to lose the fat. At mid-30ties, I am too old, too!

Any advice (apart from gymnastics, which I do?)

TamiL
06-11-2009, 07:49 AM
The overhang has definitely diminished in the last 2 months!!! While it will never be flat again, I think that it will be presentable here with a few more pounds gone ;)

jellybellyjen
06-11-2009, 02:04 PM
DON'T FEEL BAD:nono: I HAVE ONE OF THOSE STOMACHS AS WELL:mad: I HAVE 3 DAUGHTER'S :cheer2:CAN'T USE THE EXCUSE ANYMORE THAT IT'S BABY WEIGHT :rofl:MY DAUGHTER'S ARE 14, 8, 7:yay: STILL SOUNDS GOOD:carrot:

Jax
06-12-2009, 01:56 PM
I have no babies and the lopsided tummy overhang. I sometimes call if my "butt tummy" because if I push the sides of my belly together towards my bellybutton it makes my pooch look just like a butt (a lopsided butt, at that)! Silly, I know, and it sucks! I also have big boobies that I wish were smaller. My Bra size right now is a 40DD. I want everything to shrink!

"butt tummy" - that made me :lol:

pst: I can do that too. ;)

JellyBellyJen - love your avatar (she's all full of lovely, plumpy, gorgeousness :D)

Michelle1210
06-12-2009, 02:39 PM
Yep got the Butt tummy going on too and it is also lopsided Too, my youngest is 18 and 50 lbs heavier than when i gave birth...ewww 1 that hurt!!! so no more excuses for me either.

jellybellyjen
06-12-2009, 03:42 PM
SLINKY :thanks: FOR THE WONDERFUL COMPLIMENT:dancer: I'M TAKEN PICTURES THIS WKD:yes: SO I CAN POST THEM :D I'M LITTLE NERVOUS:fr: HAVEN'T EVER POSTED PICTURES BEFORE :nono:HOPE I CAN FIGURE IT OUT:?: PLUS I HAVE NEVER JUST LET IT ALL HANG OUT:p I'M GRRREAT AT SUCKING IN ;)

HAVE A GREAT WKD LADIES :woohoo::woohoo:

UKbarristerchick
06-17-2009, 10:24 AM
I've been wondering about how I'm going to get rid of my 'muffin top' as well :), and hoping that it simply goes down as you lose weight. I have never had any children (though hoping to get pregnant with 2-3 years) and although my belly hangs over, I don't have any stretch marks (yet). Does anyone know if if it DEFINITELy goes down as you lose weight? I'm about 1/3 of the way towards my goal and whilst my tummy has been going down, the rest of me is shrinking faster. No matter how much weight I lose each week, I am always brought back down to earth when I look at my overhanging tummy :(. Makes me VERY depressed. I think that's because for women, a flat (or toned) tummy is the ultimate in sexiness and a good indicator of overall good health. I think this is the case even with women who are not necessarily very small or slim. Any thoughts on this? Am I simply being too hard on myself?

GLChick
06-17-2009, 10:40 AM
I've had the apron as long as I can remember. I'm the apple shape, fairly skinny, shapeless legs, but with a tum-tum. My dr. once asked me about the red line of skin, it's the inside of the fold where my apron hangs down over. :( She had never seen it before! The apron does get smaller, but the basic shape is still there, staying proportionate to the rest of your body. Ya it sucks.

Ellie R
06-18-2009, 06:20 PM
I go through copious amounts of Bio Oil in an effort to rid myself of the stretch marks which pretty much entirely cover my belly. My secret hope is that it will also help with all the wrinkly loose skin, and that my huge fold of overhang wil rescind to nought....but from what I have read....lots and lots.... though the tummy can diminish, in most case its surgery all the way...I am not necessarily opposed to it, but not sure which is the lesser evil, the skin and hang or the scar...suppose I have a while to go till I have to make that decision anyway, so no point in dwelling!!