Weight Loss Support - What's your OnPlan streak?

View Full Version : What's your OnPlan streak?

Rosinante
04-14-2009, 07:46 AM
How many days in a row have you been on plan?

Me I'm 77/77, and yep, that's a boast! It's also a streak I don't want to break, so posting it keeps me to it.

Findmyself
04-14-2009, 08:05 AM
Wow Ailidh!! That is fantastic!! What program are you on? Calorie counting? And did you start of by being 242lbs 77 days ago? You are doing great!

Okay, I am starting over today... So by tonight it will be 1/1. :(

Rosinante
04-14-2009, 08:13 AM
Congratulations on your new streak!

77 days ago I was 225, my re-start weight but because I never quite made it all the way down last time, I still use that startweight as my overall startweight.

Lori Bell
04-14-2009, 09:24 AM
Well, lets see. How many days are between March 4th and December 25th? 243. I made it 243 days without cheating...or going off plan. Now I make it about 10 days in a row before I think I deserve to indulge in something sinful. ;) Though I still count everything, and try to average every bite into my plan.

Jacqui_D
04-14-2009, 09:41 AM
Today will make 33/33 for me! Yay!

LoriBell, if you have allowed for something sinful every 10 days, then that is a part of your plan, which makes you OP! I think it's a good plan, and a good boost to your metabolism to keep it running high!

Devsmama
04-14-2009, 09:48 AM
Uh oh, I don't think I have been on plan consistently the whole month. I will have to do better at that.

cfmama
04-14-2009, 10:26 AM
199/199 :)

Rosinante
04-14-2009, 10:27 AM
oo, I never thought of rewarding mysel! now, what can I do...... :wink:

Devsmama
04-14-2009, 10:30 AM
You guys rock!

sweetandspicy
04-14-2009, 10:42 AM
I have done 21 days in a row and then I had to break down a nd have some low-fat frozen yogurt. It is not on my plan,I know that is not a terrible
off plan item but nonetheless. So for the past 5 days I have been on plan even on easter so hopefully my streak will continue.

DCHound
04-14-2009, 11:09 AM
Ha, I didn't see this thread. I started my own elsewhere. Today makes me 242/242 OP. :)

JulieJ08
04-14-2009, 11:17 AM
Huh, I don't know, I don't keep track of it. It can't be very long. I'm just not that kind of perfection. But it keeps getting better all the time. I guess if I plan to go with the flow and plan to make mistakes and gradually learn, that kinda makes me actually on plan? :)

ICUwishing
04-14-2009, 11:33 AM
I'm with Julie on this one. The "plan" has to be something that I live with forever, and I guess I'm still working through that. I guess I can say with confidence that I've been mindful of my plan development since February 10, where I started my food journal. In my head, this is all practicing for maintenance ... where the plan has to be a habit.

WhitePicketFences
04-14-2009, 12:59 PM
Today is day #237 without fail.**

Which (quickie calculator jotting) I believe makes my average to be 1.775 pounds lost per week in that time. That sounds right to me. When I did this calculation after the first few months, I was losing what is a lot to me, over 2lbs a week on average. Then for months this late winter/early spring, I calculated that my rate had fallen to 1.4 lbs per week. Recently I began eating about 100 more per day and doing a lot of cardio, so it's gone up closer to 2 these last few weeks.

**I have not deviated or cheated in this time, though I have, several times, realized that I counted calories in error at various and regular points (both underreporting and overreporting). I just leave it as is in my notebook and start counting those items/meal combinations correctly when I've realized this. I assume also that there are other errors I have not realized, but hey, I'm trying not to be capital-C Crazy here :-) I do what I can.

bitetoobreakkskin
04-14-2009, 01:12 PM
right now my plan is just to follow my goal lists-which i started yesterday..so far im 1/1 :) great job everyone!! you guys are soooo strong and wonderful!

Lori Bell
04-14-2009, 01:57 PM
JulieJ08 and ICU, I can totally understand where you are coming from, and you are right that you must have a plan that you can live with forever. I'm hoping to do just that personally. But I think the perfectionism you are talking about isn't a desire for some of us to be "perfect", it is the desire to LIVE. When you start out on this journey at a BMI that classifies you in the SUPER-MORBIDLY-OBESE category, it's time to $hit or get off the pot. In my case, "Do or die". Now that I am able to walk and climb stairs and wear clothing not purchased at the tent and awning store my desire for rapid weight loss had diminished. I'm happy with the slow and steady. There is just something about not being able to breath that makes a person push to their limit...For many of us super obese girls, your starting weights are our goals. Matter of fact when I hit 199 I sat down on the toilet and sobbed like a child, I was SO happy.

Anyway, I just though I needed to explain why I was personally so strict with myself...I guess I shouldn't speak for others, but I have an inkling they feel the same.

Rosinante
04-14-2009, 02:35 PM
Now that I am able to walk and climb stairs and wear clothing not purchased at the tent and awning store my desire for rapid weight loss had diminished.

I love your way with words!

I haven't bought any new clothes yet but I've been able to retrieve quite a few out of the toosmall box, and that feels good. Now I've got my stretchy jeans on and got into onederland, I'm happy for it to take as long as it takes and not rush it - but it'll only keep going if I stick to plan.

btw kudos to all you people who have been OP for hundreds of days!

ICUwishing
04-14-2009, 03:13 PM
Sorry, Lori - you're right, once the word "morbid" enters the picture, the rules are probably different. I was trying to opine that both "on" and "plan" are completely subjective.

rockinrobin
04-14-2009, 03:43 PM
But I think the perfectionism you are talking about isn't a desire for some of us to be "perfect", it is the desire to LIVE. When you start out on this journey at a BMI that classifies you in the SUPER-MORBIDLY-OBESE category, it's time to $hit or get off the pot. In my case, "Do or die". Now that I am able to walk and climb stairs and wear clothing not purchased at the tent and awning store my desire for rapid weight loss had diminished. I'm happy with the slow and steady. There is just something about not being able to breath that makes a person push to their limit...For many of us super obese girls, your starting weights are our goals

LoriBell, I felt the same way as you. When I finally woke up - I looked at "it" as a matter of life or death. Because it WAS a matter of life or death. I was truly terrified of losing my very life and of my children being without a mother.

No, there wouldn't be any "free days" or "cheat meals" or whatever you want to call them. I knew down the road things would be different. But for the time being, there WAS a sense of urgency to get the weight off in as timely a fashion as was safely possible.

cfmama
04-14-2009, 04:26 PM
JulieJ08 and ICU, I can totally understand where you are coming from, and you are right that you must have a plan that you can live with forever. I'm hoping to do just that personally. But I think the perfectionism you are talking about isn't a desire for some of us to be "perfect", it is the desire to LIVE. When you start out on this journey at a BMI that classifies you in the SUPER-MORBIDLY-OBESE category, it's time to $hit or get off the pot. In my case, "Do or die". Now that I am able to walk and climb stairs and wear clothing not purchased at the tent and awning store my desire for rapid weight loss had diminished. I'm happy with the slow and steady. There is just something about not being able to breath that makes a person push to their limit...For many of us super obese girls, your starting weights are our goals. Matter of fact when I hit 199 I sat down on the toilet and sobbed like a child, I was SO happy.

Anyway, I just though I needed to explain why I was personally so strict with myself...I guess I shouldn't speak for others, but I have an inkling they feel the same.

Sign my name to Lori's post. As usual.

jajabee
04-14-2009, 04:34 PM
104/104! Wow, I hadn't looked at it that way before. For me, being "on plan" means wearing my armband, tracking everything I eat on The Daily Plate, and making sure I always have a calorie deficit (preferably in the -1,000 range). Oh, and making sure I go to my WW meeting every week to get an official weigh-in and some motivation.

Being "on plan" for me doesn't mean not eating certain foods, or making sure I go to the gym... the last 3 months have seen a heck of a lot of lazy sitting-on-the-couch days, days with cookies, pizza, beer, and some very memorable steak fries. :) (And, of course, a lot of vegetable soup, salads, and baked potatoes.) It's great, I'm finally eating the way my husband and all our friends eat, and they're all super skinny and healthy. They don't need to wear an armband or go to WW meetings, sure, but it still makes me feel like what I'm doing now is "normal" and "right", not that I'm "on a diet" or depriving myself. On to another 104 days! :D