Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 11:34 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

Default BFL: Apr 13-19

Hi all!

Well, I got in a major lbwo and lb housecleaning workout yesterday and got a new low on the scale today. Today is an ubwo for me, no cardio, but my legs - even tho they got worked yesterday - are screaming that 'we need to be exercised' song. Kind of achy, crampy, but not the same as doms.

I realize some of you will be finishing up with week 12 this week - is there anyone still here who started originally and is on week 12 now? As you guys know, I lost my way in week 9 and went back and repeated weeks 8 and 9 and am now firmly and successfully in week 10. So 3 more weeks for me. But strangely enough, I've been thinking very little about the weeks left or week number I'm on since I got back on track. I didn't even realize I was no longer thinking of it that way until yesterday when I wasn't sure for a moment what week I was on and how much was left. I was saying to myself, well, a lifetime is left, it's no longer like I'm stretching to complete a race, it just IS. That was a pretty cool realization.

Have a good week everyone!
Old 04-13-2009, 01:32 PM   #2  
Ilene the Bean

I'm like you sportsmom, it's a lifestyle and I'm sticking with it...

Saturday and Sunday were clean eatings but not portioned control, so the scale was up today. Up from what I really don't know because I weigh the same as when I started 12 weeks ago too many of these unreliable days, my own fault...

Today is a good day, I did some Yoga this morning, I will run this afternoon it's really nice out, a bit on the cool side but , my favourite kind of day...

Onward and downward this week ... Summer and short season is coming way too fast....
Old 04-13-2009, 04:31 PM   #3  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

I have no idea what week I'm on, so we'll just assume it's week 1 all over again. I'm having a problem today, someone keeps stuffing Dove chocolate eggs in my mouth .....wait, that's me. I'm stress eating, and I know it. I've got to get back on track. No workout yet today for me. The pollen fairy has blanketed this area and it's all I can do to remain upright with the various drugs I've taken (OTC allergy, not recreational ), I slept in until 7 vs. getting up at 4:15 to go to the gym. The next 2 weeks I'll be covering for a co-worker, so I'll be stressed out.
Old 04-13-2009, 05:03 PM   #4  
No description available.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one making poor food choices lately. Those in the Meal thread know my challenge stringing on plan days together. But today is a new day and a new week and so far so good.

Do we want to keep a separate meal thread going?

Dixie, sometimes ya just gotta sleep in. Hope the symptoms improve soon.
Fran, great job with the strength gains!

Ilene, I can't believe 12 weeks have gone by. What a lesson! I'm braving the scale in the am....but I sure havent't improved much. My goal was the size small scrub pants and I didn't even try them on. I'm discouraged with my food choices. I don't know why I do that to myself. But today is good.
Old 04-14-2009, 03:50 PM   #5  

Great lbwo this morning, still not totally with it on food choices. I'm going to make myself so sick if I keep it up that I may never want to eat again.
Old 04-14-2009, 04:08 PM   #6  

Dee, what's going on in your head that you want to eat this junk instead of seeing a new number on the scale this week or a new size in your pants?

Old 04-14-2009, 04:14 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportmom View Post
Dee, what's going on in your head that you want to eat this junk instead of seeing a new number on the scale this week or a new size in your pants?

Thanks Fran. I really don't know why I'm eating like this all of a sudden. I'm a long time stress eater, so I think the combination of a couple of disagreements with Jeff, and work issues are causing it to flare up. From this point on everything I put in my mouth is going to be a choice. I did not work this hard to regain the weight over one week.
Old 04-14-2009, 05:07 PM   #8  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportmom View Post

DITTO!!!

Yesterday was a good day but I woke up to a scale number that is higher than when I started this challenge ... go figure

Today was a good day, ran for 30 mins this afternoon and will do LBWO tonight.. It's all good
Old 04-14-2009, 05:28 PM   #9  

<---- That's me now. No more eating whatever I want or eating junk just becuase it's there. I finally figured it out when I looked at my calendar. It's PMS. Sometime within the next 7-10 days TOM is due. I spent so many years with 36-42 day cycles (the one symptom of PCOS I loved) that this every 28 day thing is really throwing me for a curve. Once I lost the majority of the extra weight, my cycle became more regular, but the PMS seems worse because now it's every month. I should have figured it out when I wanted something salty.
Old 04-14-2009, 05:37 PM   #10  

Same here Dee. I didn't have pcos, but bc of the extra weight (fat cells release & store estrogen) I never was prompted to ovulate. Now I'm a 28 day'er and it's weird.

Look, I'm only so hard on you bc you're a BFL convert and a fellow bluey. We have alot in common and have to stick together thruout this, right?!! Just walk away from the eggs - you absolutely can do some serious damage in a few days, just think about my week 8/9 redo. If that's what you want to do then fine, but do it over some steak and baked potatoes, not over junky candy that doesn't really taste all that good anyway. Love Ya!

Last edited by sportmom; 04-14-2009 at 05:38 PM.
Old 04-14-2009, 09:28 PM   #11  

I've been struggling too, Dee, and have been very annoyed and arguing with myself and avoiding the scale. I drew the line in the sand today and got back on the scale. Today is Day 2 POP. I know it is hard, but you can do it. Can you throw the candy away?

BTW, I started a slightly different accountability thread for this week and wanted to post a link here, so here:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=169173
Old 04-15-2009, 02:29 PM   #12  

Checking in while I can today. Yesterdays kick in the pants was just what I needed, I've been POP today.
Old 04-15-2009, 10:34 PM   #13  

Way to go!!
Old 04-15-2009, 11:24 PM   #14  
Ilene the Bean

Dixied!!
Old 04-16-2009, 05:32 PM   #15  

Day 2 of the Easter Egg Detox is going well. I was down a pound this morning, but I still have several to go before I hit my "holding" weight.
Closed Thread