Old 04-13-2009, 08:14 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Question Form pills

has anyone tried these before? I just ordered a bottle after reading the Full Bar thread.. this is kinda like then in that they swell in your stomach but have no calories.. just wondering if anyone else has used them? I'm super excited but wish someone else was doing it with me, lol.. thanks!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 09:59 AM   #2  

Height: 5'4"

Never heard of it.. Is it how it is called? Form Pills???
Let me know how it goes... I could try it if works for you
belezura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 10:34 AM   #3  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Here is a good review I found:
http://www.criticalorie.com/2008/form-review/

It is interesting in even a website that promotes diet pills, calls Form diet pills 'sketchy at best'.

Actually here is one that goes over the ingredients:
http://www.dietpillcritic.com/diet-pills/form/

Here are a few excerpts from that review:
"FORM contains nothing other than a polyacrylic acid hydrogel with the brandname of SWELL. This polyacrylic acid hydrogel is supposed to absorb up to 1000 times its weight in water. Polyacrylic acid hydrogel is not something you would normally intentionally put in your body. Telling people to eat it is almost like telling them to eat a t-shirt, a plastic bag, or something your body is not going to be able to break down into food, but that would theoretically make you feel full."

"Polyacrylic acid hydrogel is the only active ingredient in FORM, and it does not have any properties that will help you lose weight. The only thing it does is swell up in your stomach so there is less room when it comes time to eat, theoretically making it more difficult to overeat.

Similar hydrogels are used in breast implants, baby diapers to absorb urine, and various other applications, but as far as I can find this is the first time anyone has ever marketed it as a “diet pill” that you would actually ingest. While the hydrogel used in this so-called “diet pill” is surely non-toxic, I would still be very hesitant to put something so untested and synthetic like this into my body, when good old natural fiber would do the exact same trick."

Last edited by nelie; 04-13-2009 at 10:48 AM.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 04:24 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

thanks nelie! that is good info to know.. I did know it didn't have any ingrediant for weightloss as far as fat burning etc, which is what interested me because most give me the jitters so this just being something that swells and makes you feel full faster when you do eat sounded like just what I was looking for, I'll let you guys know how it works when I actually recieve them, thanks!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 04:58 PM   #5  
rainy

I have taken something very similar some time ago, the problem is that stuff fills you up with mushy gel and all you get is nausea...I didn't like it at all...'put in baby diapers to absorb urine' and I should actually EAT it?? LOL!!