Old 04-11-2009, 09:13 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 256/202.5/135

Height: 5'3"

Default Hi! this is my 20 billionth time!

Okay, so I started coming here in 2002, at the time I was 170 something and needed to lose 40, each year I came back I weighed more.

I most recently came back in January this year and weighed 226, I stayed 2 days and now am back 4 months later and 20 pounds heavier!!

This is it!!! I am fighting mad and I am scared crazy!!!

I am due for my lab work, I know my cholesterol levels are awfull, metabolic syndrome for sure, and am scared to know if I am still prediabetic or if I put my foot further into the grave and have become diabetic.

I have severe sleep apnea, I use a cpap. I want to have surgery on my eye, I have strabismus. I am a nurse and I know how dangerous it can be to go under anethesia when one has severe sleep apnea.

Please dont read further if easily offended.

I have trouble getting my shoes on.
I am now having trouble wiping my ***!
All of my pants are too tight, I am now wearing my husbands jeans.
I have to powder every nook and cranny so that I wont stick and so that I wont get rashes.
My thighs rub when I walk. I am very self conscious when I walk.
I sweat.
I wear a cpap machine and have now started snoring even with the machine on, which means I need a higher pressure.
I have lost my neck and cant find my feet!!

Do I need any more reason to lose weight?? yes!! I have two beautiful daughters who are 8 and 9 and I want to be a good example for them and I want to see them become moms years down the road.

I am so freaking ready it is unbelievable. I refuse to buy bigger clothes!!!

I turn 38 on Tuesday and this is my birthday present. I am going to get me back and I am going to treat myself right.

So anyway, here I am!!!!
kandie60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 09:59 PM   #2  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

You definitely sound sick and tired enough of being overweight and it sounds like you're ready to do something about it. That's actually a very exciting stage to reach. I think that's when change can occur. I know it was the case for me. My quality of life was poor and I had had enough of it already. It was enough. It was time to do something about it. I was ready to give up the high calorie/high quantity food. I didn't want to be overweight anymore. Yes, being sick and tired enough is a great stage to get to.

Losing the weight and getting healthy is definitely the best gift you can give yourself and your entire family.

Happy Birthday to you!

Last edited by rockinrobin; 04-11-2009 at 09:59 PM.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 11:04 PM   #3  

Height: 5'11"

Happy 38th Birthday! What a great gift to give yourself. My final straws were very similar to yours--I grew out of my jeans and I had a miserable Christmas because my asthma was so bad that I could hardly breathe. All I could do was cough and cry and sleep, and I had HAD it. That's the down side; the up side is that the health problems have made it easier for me to keep my resolve because I don't want to go back to feeling that way.

Congratulations on starting over! You sound very motivated to me and I look forward to seeing you around!
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 11:19 PM   #4  
~Don't Postpone Joy~

S/C/G: 241.8/228/199.0

Welcome back... I think you gave yourself a great birthday present. You sound very serious about making changes... I've been in and out of here a lot myself, but I am most successful when I come here and get the support and encouragement from those who know how you feel... Good Luck !! You can do it !!

Last edited by Sweetcaroline; 04-11-2009 at 11:21 PM.
Sweetcaroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 12:41 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 271/268/175

Height: 5'8"

Welcome! I know a bit about how you feel right now. The only regret I've had in the past three months since I put my foot down and said I was going to be healthier, happier, slimmer and just better, is that I didn't do it sooner. Congratulations on this journey you are starting. This is such a great place for support, I'm sure it'll help keep you really motivated.

Happy Birthday.
shrinkingleah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 02:47 AM   #6  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Congratulations about reaching decision point! I know what you mean about the weight. I know what you mean about returning even higher.
This time you will do it, you sound so determined!
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 07:29 AM   #7  
XOXO

S/C/G: 268/249/145

Height: 5'4"

Welcome back, glad to have you here with us. I excited for your progress. I was were you were a month ago, thank God I found this place. It has been a blessing in my life..
Devsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 11:03 AM   #8  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Glad you are back! You have the resolve to make it happen now! Don't wait any longer!

Keep posting!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 11:52 AM   #9  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

I am so glad that you are here with us and I really hope that you stay!!! We can help and I am sure that you will be a wealth of support to the rest of us as well Welcome!
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 01:55 PM   #10  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

I hate the feeling of being at the point where you are...in fact I'm there right now too! I deeply share those feelings

So, you're mad, fired up, and ready to go...that's fantastic!!!

I agree with Robin, you NEED to get to this point in order to get moving. I think it's like any addict hitting rock bottom. I have been WAITING for this point for most of the past year, and finally hit it last weekend when I saw some pictures of myself at a family party....just HORRIFYING!

It's my bazillionth time too...so let's kick some butt...literally!

We can do this, back!!!

Linda

Last edited by famograham; 04-12-2009 at 01:57 PM.
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 02:19 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 290/See Ticker/150

Height: 5ft 4 inches

Happy Birthday!

I get it too.

Only, I can't wear my husband's jeans. He is one of those people that can spend $10 on himself at Taco Bell and never gain an ounce.

His jeans are way too small for me. The day I can fit into them, I will be celebrating. LOL!
irishsarah is offline   Reply With Quote