Old 04-11-2009, 03:21 AM   #1  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Default Boy, it's been hard work this week.

After making my Easter target 8 days early, I've really struggled this week.
Partly, it genuinely is the busiest work week of my year.
Partly, there have been a couple of times when I've not been in charge of the content of the food there has been to eat - and I've been surprised how panicky that's made me! First time since the end of January I've eaten out, how sad is my social life lol!
I've taken charge of the Amount I've eaten though, and that's been ok; but although I ate small amounts, they were things I could only take a flying guess at calorie/nutrient wise for my tracker programmes, and not necessarily the healthy, semi-veg., no-dairy kind that I've discovered suits me better.
Partly, of course, I should have planned better for this busy week and had tasty meals in the freezer ready and waiting.
Partly, I had a weird incident with some roast beef - I roasted a big joint last weekend, and somehow forgot to slice and freeze it. So by Thursday, I was still having cold roast beef at least once a day, which I loved the taste of but it was so tempting just to slide another bit off everytime I opened the fridge. I think it was due to the beef that I could quite soon feel myself beginning to slide. OK, it was a long way on the horizon but I could see a crowd of horsemen charging towards me shouting 'Jump! Jump! Jump! You're going to fail so just Jump now!"

Yesterday afternoon was worst of all. A three hour service, with a lot of standing, a lot of solo singing, a lot of just intensity, and I was shattered when I got home. I'd had breakfast, I'd had a glob of protein in some tuna around 11, because the service started at 12. I wasn't hungry when I got in but my head was.
My head really wanted to go across to the corner shop for a bar of chocolate: well, I know me, one is never enough. Plus I've got a load more singing today and I think anything dairy is not good for vocal cords.
Then my head really wanted to go across to the corner shop for a loaf of bread, I really wanted a sandwich: but I know that shop-bought bread affects my fluid retention badly.

Eventually I peeled myself off the settee and made myself a dry veg. curry from scratch and a flatbread. Not only was it tasty, I felt very smug for eatin the most nutritious thing I've done this week but I felt as though I'd turned a craving corner and, hopefully, retrieved a week that could have gone badly wrong. Weighday tomorrow, so we'll see.

Sorry this is long - but I've hardly posted all week either, and that was a sign to me that I'd stopped being fascinated by weightloss - mine and others' - and that could have been a slippery slope too.

Thanks for the space to post all this!
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 10:17 AM   #2  
Tai

S/C/G: 272/111/Maintaining

Height: 5'4"

It sounds like you've had a very hard week and I know it's not over yet! I just wanted to offer you some support and also to wish you a very Happy Easter tomorrow.
Tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 10:36 AM   #3  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Yes some weeks ARE tougher then others, aren't they? And wouldn't you know it - they'll be more tough days/weeks ahead.

But how we respond to them, how we deal with them makes all the difference in the world. It sounds like you did a great job! It also seems that you've LEARNED from this and know how you can/will do things a little differently next time.. Because if we're ever going to get anywhere and stay there, we've got to, got to, got to make the very best of them.

Another huge realization for me was that healthy, fit and trim people have tough weeks too. And they always manage to get by them - some way - some how. And that is of course a key factor in a healthy weight person's life. Learning to deal with the curve balls that life throws you.

Keep up the good work and here's hoping next week is a little "saner" for you.

Have a joyous Easter.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 12:19 PM   #4  
Happy Camper

S/C/G: 274/264/220 then re-eval

Height: 6'2"

You faced some big challenges this week. That stupid corner shop is doing it's best to do you in!
Hold onto that proud feeling for making your curry and flatbread. Hopefully this next week you can have a bit more control. You passed a great test --- foods not on plan, in moderate portions! Hooray for you!!
barefootnikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 04:12 PM   #5  
Happy Plodder

Thanks for the support.
Made it one day more. Tomorrow by 1pm at the latest, I'll be home and done for 36 hours. woohoo! got a healthy roast chicken and veggies planned.
Old 04-12-2009, 09:11 AM   #6  
Happy Plodder

But worth it!

I've lost 13.4lbs in the Easter challenge, and gone 2lbs past my Easter goal, so woohoo!

but next time, I will plan better, to avoid the angst!
Old 04-12-2009, 11:54 AM   #7  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Congratulations on your Easter success!!!! You're down to 197 girl!!! I am so proud of you!
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 12:15 PM   #8  
Happy Plodder

cfmama! You are so generous in your support, thankyou!

Now all I need to do is catch up to your losses!
Old 04-12-2009, 12:30 PM   #9  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailidh View Post
But worth it!

I've lost 13.4lbs in the Easter challenge, and gone 2lbs past my Easter goal, so woohoo!

but next time, I will plan better, to avoid the angst!
Wow!!! You're doing GREAT!

You should take confidence from this. Just knowing that you've gotten through one tough time/week and - survived so to speak - should help to reassure you that you CAN indeed get through another difficult time/week. You start building a "new normal". And this way of life becomes your now normal. It's just what you do and who you are. Not sure if I was able to articulate what I meant exactly.

Anyway keep up the great work and those 190's will be history. History. Won't that be something?!?!?!?
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote