General chatter - Who else always posts in the wrong forum?...lol

willow650
04-10-2009, 01:12 PM
any besides me post to a thread, then realize it wasn't your area?...lol Like your in your 30's and post in the 20's ect. I would like to think no one really minds, I dont think, as long as the post is helpful and relevant, someone would say "Hey, you don't belong here"...lol

Shannon in ATL
04-10-2009, 02:04 PM
I do it all the time... No one has kicked me out yet! ;)

bargoo
04-10-2009, 02:32 PM
Me, too!!!

choirgirlhotel
04-10-2009, 02:32 PM
I do it all the time too - I find myself posting in the 20s forum a lot (I'm 35) and I wonder if they mind. I don't think so though. If someone who was 20 or 50 posted in the 30s forum, would I care? No - I wouldn't even notice honestly!

~Choirgirl~

steph324
04-10-2009, 02:40 PM
I usually sort by new posts without even looking at what forum it is in, so do that frequently!

GirlyGirlSebas
04-10-2009, 02:43 PM
People wander into the 100lb club all of the time. As long as everyone is respectful of other's opinions, we don't mind at all. Everyone is welcome.

grneyedmustang
04-10-2009, 02:44 PM
I posted in the wrong forum intentionally and asked the group if I could join them. I wasn't exactly welcomed with open arms.

willow650
04-10-2009, 02:48 PM
I usually sort by new posts without even looking at what forum it is in, so do that frequently!

That's what happens to me to. I always click New Posts and sometimes I respond without noticing the particular forum its under till after I click Post...lol

jules1216
04-10-2009, 02:57 PM
That's what happens to me to. I always click New Posts and sometimes I respond without noticing the particular forum its under till after I click Post...lol

I sometimes see a topic in the new posts and sometimes don't actually post but read the thread...other times I do post. I love all the feedback this board gives...

willow650
04-10-2009, 02:57 PM
I posted in the wrong forum intentionally and asked the group if I could join them. I wasn't exactly welcomed with open arms.

wow, really? thats sad

srmb60
04-10-2009, 05:05 PM
If you ever post in the wrong forum and want your post moved ... Just ask! A mod can do that for you.

willow650
04-10-2009, 05:10 PM
If you ever post in the wrong forum and want your post moved ... Just ask! A mod can do that for you.

I meant more of a "opps, i don't belong in this forum I wouldn't have responded"

CountingDown
04-10-2009, 05:31 PM
I do it all the time! I usually begin with "forum crasher alert - 50 something poster, crashing the thread" - and then proceed on. I haven't really noticed anyone minding.
But then again, I don't always go back and read the same thread after I post ;)

Meg
04-10-2009, 05:40 PM
In the Maintainers forum, we want everyone to post! It makes me sad when someone says that they don't belong there or are afraid to post and they think they're in the wrong forum. If we've lost a pound and intend to keep it off, we're a maintainer. And if we all started thinking about maintenance from the first day of our weight loss, we'd all be so much better prepared for the rest of our lives.

So ... the Maintainers forum is the right place for everyone to post. :)

willow650
04-10-2009, 06:49 PM
thats awesome meg :)

Caleighsmommy
04-10-2009, 07:12 PM
I also go to "New Posts" and if I see one that catches my eye I post, never really thought about what forum it was from. Hope no one minds :)

murphmitch
04-10-2009, 07:17 PM
I do check the forums and I'm always leery of posting in one where someone might take offense or think I'm nuts to be posting there, but I do enjoy reading the threads. Sometimes people post in South Beach, where I belong, with inaccurate advice for newbies to SB, but nobody minds. The next poster just corrects the info.

EZMONEY
04-10-2009, 07:43 PM
I post in many areas to confuse the Moderators so they can't catch me....oh-oo there's one now....gotta run....

harrismm
04-10-2009, 08:13 PM
Very thoughtful Meg.I agree.Everyone here has a lot to offer.

Horo
04-10-2009, 09:19 PM
I do; not frequently but I do. Usually it's when I go to the front page, see the list of "new posts" and it leads to me a forum that I don't belong in, but a thread that I can relevantly contribute something to. It happens most with the 20-somethings forum.. Well, I will eventually be 20 some day. :D

Windchime
04-10-2009, 09:40 PM
Yeah, I just kind of post wherever. I do feel kind of funny when I crash 20-somethings; they're always incredibly kind but I am old enough to be the mama of some of those young ladies! I also post a lot in the 100-pound club even though I don't quite need to lose that much, but that's the place where I feel that I can relate most closely with other posters' issues. Again, they have always been very welcoming to me and I'm appreciative of that!

I try not to post in the South Beach or WW areas because I'm not well versed in those eating plans and I don't want to give input that might be wrong and cause someone to fall off track.

Apple Cheeks
04-11-2009, 06:09 AM
Yeah, I just kind of post wherever. I do feel kind of funny when I crash 20-somethings; they're always incredibly kind but I am old enough to be the mama of some of those young ladies! I also post a lot in the 100-pound club even though I don't quite need to lose that much, but that's the place where I feel that I can relate most closely with other posters' issues. Again, they have always been very welcoming to me and I'm appreciative of that!

Ditto.

I crash both of those forums on occasion, even though I don't really "qualify" to be in there. Sometimes I just find their threads more interesting or relevant to what I'm going through. :^:

yoyoma
04-11-2009, 07:32 AM
I do the "new posts" thing too. Sometimes I post in an "oops" forum without realizing it. Sometimes I realize it but feel I have some tidbit to add (and I might explain that).

The reason for the different groups is to help people find others with similar situations, and thus can relate best to each other. But we all share a common goal and at times a little cross-polination is healthy :) .