Old 04-09-2009, 09:47 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 168/166/140

Height: 5"6

Default not off to a great start......

I have just started on WW (I have been to three meetings) after a good start with a weight loss of 3lbs I have left the last two meetings feeling annoyed and fed up - first I lost only 1lb and then I put on 1.8lbs - and I have been sooooo good...if anything I had been under my daily points and I had upped my exercise and cut out alcohol. I had a range of excuses/reasons I discussed with my leader - time of the month, water retention, cough medicine....but really?
I am now left feeling unmotivated and find it increasingly hard to stick to WW. I don't have a meeting now for another week as our leader is away and I have an easter brunch and bbq to go to over the weekend and I am worried I am going to fail and that I am destined to stay my current weight forever.
Is it really this hard?? If I put on weight when I am being good what chance do I have.
Miss Cayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 11:42 PM   #2  

Stick with it.Us women have funny hormone issues.Maybe you are just more aware of your fluctuations since you are weighing every week.Be patient.Its a great way of eating and great program.I had many weeks of gaining when I followed plan exactly.But I do understand you frustration.
harrismm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 08:42 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 200/134/118

Height: 5'3

You should never eat under your daily points. Keep at it, you will see results. Good luck !
Caleighsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 11:53 AM   #4  
forgetting the past

Height: 5'3

Stick with Weight Watchers, Im telling you...it will work.
xchampagnedream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 12:27 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 285/275.4/125

I, too, would encourage you to stick with WW. We have to remember that this is a LIFE STYLE and not a short-term diet. If you do the things necessary to be healthy and fit, and do them day after day, you will become healthy and fit and the weight loss will follow. I had a weight gain this week, too, but I analyzed where I went wrong (not enough water, not enough exercise, too many salty foods) and am working this week to improve. I agree it is frustrating -- I was about to reach my first 10-lb. goal. But I know if I keep on keepin' on that I'll get there eventually. And you can too!
ladynredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 03:57 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 187/171/125

Height: 5'4''

Miss Cayman, I had the same thing happen to me. Definitely eat all your points, and consider eating the activity points that you earn, too. This was the advice that my leader gave me when my loss slowed, and it really worked. Sometimes your metabolism just needs a kick.

Do stick with it. If you're doing everything right, it WILL work. I definitely understand your frustration, as I am a VERY slow loser, but having been on the program for 3 months, I am much happier now than I would have been if I had thrown in the towel. Please don't give up!

And to answer your question about it being hard....yes, it's hard at the beginning sometimes, but give it time. It's not hard for me anymore, and it won't be hard for you either. You can do this!
primaballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 05:20 PM   #7  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

Hi there!
Try starting today with a clean slate and commit 100% to the program. Eat all of your daily points. Keep in mind that you upped your exercise program and my experience is that for the first couple of WEEKS when I upped my exercise, I actually see my numbers go UP. This isn't weight GAIN, just water retention in your muscles. So keep up with it because WW DOES work, only slowly and with 100% committment on a daily basis.
If you don't like your leader (which happens) you can try a different meeting to get a better match. I had one leader whom I couldn't STAND so I switched days and am much, much happier.
Keep your head in the game and work the program, and it WILL work for you.
Kira

Last edited by kiramira; 04-14-2009 at 05:21 PM.
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 06:05 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 202/160/135

Height: 5 ft 6 in

That's basically how my weight loss went when I did WW.

But guess what, I stuck with it, and eventually I lost 25 lb. That's just the way my body worked at that point I guess. Weight loss doesn't work the way you plan it to sometimes! You can plan to lose 2 lb every week for 8 weeks if you want to, but that doesn't mean your body will always comply!

You will lose, just maybe not on your schedule :-)

~Choirgirl~
choirgirlhotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 04:29 PM   #9  
Mom2ThreeCuties!

S/C/G: 260/252/140

Height: 5'5

I agree - keep with it a while longer. Give it some time. Everyone on TV and in books & magazines says, burn more calories than you take in, and you'll lose weight. Well I don't believe that at all! I think it's about half right - but there are far more chemical actions going on in our bodies than digestion of food! My first week on WW I lost 4lbs. I was so happy. Then last week, only.8, but I had just got my period the day before, AND I'd been taking a medication which had the side effect of constipation. I did exactly as well on plan in those 2 weeks but just those two variables made for a hugely different loss.
HoosierHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 04:44 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I'm with everyone else, stick with it, it will work, there will be ups and downs but give it some time and you'll see the downward trend start to happen. Good luck!
Leeesa is offline   Reply With Quote